[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines s/2017/01/10/profits-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 20

File: ss+(2017-01-10+at+12.46.41).jpg (164KB, 703x656px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-10+at+12.46.41).jpg
164KB, 703x656px
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/01/10/profits-soar-games-workshop-fantasy-model-retailer-battles-back/

GW is totally dying guys! Aos is dead in the water and it was a mistake killing WHFB and driving away all the grognards!
>>
>>51125484
AoS is dead in the water alright. Fortunately 40k is here to save the day.
>>
>>51125484

Tell me, memeposter from 2014, how is it you can see news from 2017?
>>
Everyone with a brain knew that AoS was a success. Almost anything compared to WHFB was a success. WHFB was dying because of the toxic player base surrounding it. Cutting off the toxic customers via a newcomer friendly reboot ensured that loyal customers stayed and new customers were drawn in droves.
>>
>>51125702
Freshen out that bait a bit, honey. It's pretty stale.
>>
>>51125702

So those toxic customers now play AoS.
>>
Feels so good to have invest in GW back in October
>>
>>51125768
It ain't bait though and I don't care about your (you)s.

>>51125805
Actually, they are stewing /WHFB/.
>>
>>51125848
Sure, master memester. Have another (you). I'm feeling generous.
>>
>>51125484
I'm sure Infinity will beat 40k any day now! Everyone knows you cant trust the mainstream media.
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>51125484
Nobody cares. GW is a shitty company, AoS is trash and so is this thread.
>>
I am glad to see GW bounce back but ONLY because its under a new CEO whose promised a new direction for the company. If it had happened under old management they would have learned all the wrong lessons. Moreover, such a swift turn around vindicates the more customer friendly tack they're trying and gives the new CEO political capital to make more changes
>>
>>51125702
Jesus, that's lying it thick, try to be subtler next time.
>>
>>51126053
The lower value of the pound helped a significant amount, but hopefully Rountree can continue with the multibox sets that they've been putting out recently
>>
>>51126062
>>51125915
Just go back to your containment thread.
>>
>>51126087
So
What your saying is

BREXIT
SAVED
GW
>>
>>51126167
>Brexit saved a game about killing all the filthy xenos and traitors to save the crumbling, corrupt memory of your glorious empire.
It checks out.
>>
>>51125989
Hopefully not, we don't want 40k shits to switch.
>>
>>51126281
They'd get in the way of ITS kurwa players?
>>
>>51126285
Właśnie.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 591x249px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 591x249px
>>51125484
>>51125702
Is age of Sigmar actually bad or are people just complaining cause it's new?
>>
>>51126474
It's not even that new anymore. But figures are mixed back, rules are pretty sumplistic and have some elements that still bother many people and lore is considered to be atrocious by most. So it has similiar standing as your hipster skirmish of the week with some more marketing and bigger tournamnet size and thus entry cost (inb4 "u only need a box to start" -lies).
>>
>>51126474
>>51126533
Oh, and the initial launch was botched. GHB fixed some of that, but the damage is still there.
>>
>>51126474
Setting and gameplay pure trash, but marketing is very professional. Its basically Ghostbusters 2016 of miniature games.
>>
>>51126533
Right but it's not broken I'm playable mass like people make out then?

At least by the standards of previous Warhammer entries.
>>
>>51125989
I like both.
>>
>>51126552
Ghostbusters 2016 makes AoS looked like a well loved new installment.
>>
>>51126474
I kinda like it, just as dumb fun. The rules are great for a game where you can just banter with your opponent instead of focusing on remembering rules etc
>>
>>51126575
Hating AoS doesn't make you into chauvinist pig and Trump supporter, only jaded grognard and (ex) fantasy -player.
>>
>>51126575
That's not true and you know it. Aos and Gurlbuster are at the same level of quality and share most elements.
>>
I feel like there would've been a lot less hate for AoS if End Times had been handled less terribly. But I suppose expecting GW writers to be capable of writing good stories was a delusional fantasy at best.
>>
Aos is nu-male miniature "game", so, of course its well recived.
>>
File: 745.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
745.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>51126608
>>51126632
>>
File: Squigeon.jpg (70KB, 210x504px) Image search: [Google]
Squigeon.jpg
70KB, 210x504px
>Still this sour about AoS
>Still regurgitating same complaints
>Few of them with any apparent expirence.
We get it, you're sad about WFB, I am too. But this new game is actually fun. And the lore has potential, a new slate compared to 40K.
>>
>>51126702
>actually fun

But it's not though. In fact I'd go as far to say it's a fucking awful game.
>>
>>51126552
>Its basically Ghostbusters 2016 of miniature games.
Couldn't say it any better. FB has a ton of flaws, but AOS is pure Paul Feig production with same audience.
>>
>>51126555
When it launched it was, now that it actually has a real set of rules, it is pretty decent. Fluff needs a lot of work, and models tend to be a mixed bag.

Basically it isn't complete garbage now, but it still needs a lot of improvements. Stuff like the Tzeentch release are a good sign, but who knows how it will develop from here.
>>
>>51126032
>was a success. Almost anything compared to WHFB was a success. WHFB was dying because of the toxic player base surrounding it. Cutting off the toxic customers via a newcomer friendly reboot ensured that loyal cu
>Butthurt that AoS is doing well and with GHB is better than 8th ed.

How rich.
>>
>>51126859
Heard they plan to release Slaaneshi new models "soon" (ie around the end of this year or the beginning of the new one).
>>
>>51126888
>>51126859
I assumed there would be some sort of Slaanesh stuff to coincide with whatever the hell they plan on doing with the elves. People were saying that they phased out Slaanesh for the GHR to be more "kid friendly" but honestly I think that's too retarded (even if we're talking about GW here).

I think we're going to see a revamp of the aesthetic at most. Get a new Keeper of Secrets and shit. I heard it is also supposed to have some stuff with a war in the webway for 40k, with a new Daemon character, but the source wasn't too credible last I checked.
>>
>>51126915
Considering that AoS hasn't phased out Slaanesh (seriously, they are the "antagonists" of a novel and the protagonists of a handful of short stories, they feature in artwork of the current lore, etc. They are anything save gone) it seems a reasonable hope.
>>
Interesting line from the investor relations report:
>The greatest risk is the same one that we repeat each year, namely, management. So long as we
have great people we will be fine. Problems will arise if the board allows egos and private agendas to
rule. I will do my utmost to ensure that this does not happen.
>>
>>51127178
>Problems will arise if the board allows egos and private agendas to rule
Well that was an oddly specific thing to point out, that means there must have been a big instance of this that made him need to mention it.

I knew GW had some pretty big management shifts, but I'm curious as to what "private agendas" he is referring to.
>>
Are we pretending BaC, BoP, and GSC had less to do with this than AoS?
>>
>>51127291
It's lots of things. And honestly its year over year, so any AoS effect is more due to the General's Handbook than AoS itself.

That's not as memeriffic though.
>>
>>51127291
and the discount boxes
don't forget those
>>
>>51125484
>>51125702

>“The key priority in the period reported has been to give our store managers the appropriate product and sales support to help them recruit new customers, retain our existing customers and re-recruit lapsed customers. Recruiting new store managers remains a key area of focus.”

>and re-recruit lapsed customers.
>>
>>51125484
I probably should look into AoS then. They gotta be doing something right over there because there's no way there's enough tasteless fags in the world to make money off of nu40k.
>>
>>51125484
Shed a tear for the Fantasyfags who were deluded enough to believe that GW killed Fantasy for no reason.
>>
>>51126915
>>51127126
I've yet to see too much evidence of this. Isn't there a new AoS novel where a Slaaneshi lord rapes a passed-out beastman?
>>
>this thread
>muh it must be ....aos guys
>not the 2 HH box sets relased
>not the major 40 army updates or releases
>not 2 knights in a box set.
>the pound drop.
>the forcing people to buy from them directly.
>other market factors
Yes it must be AoS, that's the only answer.
>>
File: image.png (21KB, 673x452px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21KB, 673x452px
>>51125484
>stocks start picking up after GW stops releasing AoS and starts releasing stuff lime the HH games, the myraiad of boxed games, start collecting, the various bundles that actually offer savings, DW, GSC, WoM, traitor legions and so on.
>AoS is totally a success you guys!!!1!
Take your abortion of a game and leave.
>>
>>51128047
>>
>>51126474
Sigmar is a shitty god. It was bound to fail from the start.
>>
>>51126474
Lore: Absolutely terrible, just the worst.

Crunch: Sub-par. You spend most of the game doing the same thing over and over and generally the balance is skewed harder than Tauhammer 40Wraith.

Miniature Design: Probably the worst GW has been in years.

I'm sure a lot of people hate it because it's new, but AoS is a very poor game for the most part.
>>
>>51128047
Dude... I'm sorry to break this to you but... you're a fucking retard. AoS had releases until september.
>>
>>51126375
Don't speak polish kurwa
>>
>>51128302
Nah, you're just exaggerating. Lore is OK for a first edition, on par as to what WHFB was on its first one.

Crunch is so skewed that in the two major tournaments held the top 10 lists have been totally different. Oh wait.
>>
>>51128380
Go ahead, ban me with your awesome mod powers, I'm behind seven proxies.

co mi zrobisz jak mnie złapiesz?
>>
>>51125484
Duncan caused this.
>>
>>51128392
>Lore is OK for a first edition

Please nigga, don't even pretend.

The lore is terrible. It's not the amount that matters, it's the quality of it, and AoS' setting is a badly thought-out mishmash of shit, half of which is tonally inconsistent purely because GW want to keep old models in the fluff, while the other half is so vague and uninspired it might as well be the narrative equivalent of gruel.
>>
File: hmmmmmm.png (460KB, 565x488px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmm.png
460KB, 565x488px
>>51125484
Interesting how GW's profits rise the moment they stop making AoS stuff for a while and start releasing age-old nerd fap fantasy stuff for 40K.

It's almost as if AoS is actually dragging the entire company's overall profits down. Funny, that.
>>
>>51128878
>. It's not the amount that matters, it's the quality of it, and AoS' setting is a badly thought-out mishmash of shit, half of which is tonally inconsistent purely because GW want to keep old models in the fluff, while the other half is so vague and uninspired it might as well be the narrative equivalent of grue
Lolf, you clearly are butthurt, aren't you? MUH WHFB!!! Age of Shitmar iz bad!!!1one!
>>51128944
Only that GHB, Beastclaws, Bonesplitterz and Gorechosen (plus a few expansions for ST) were released during the rise period. In fact, you see the sales go down again a bit after Gorechosen is released and there's a sort of wasteland in terms of new stuffs.
But yeah, totally, AoS is dragging GW!
>>
>>51129030
>Lolf, you clearly are butthurt, aren't you? MUH WHFB!!! Age of Shitmar iz bad!!!1one!

I have never even played WHFB. I currently only play HH and both Dropcommander games because 40K is terrible and AoS isn't worth even considering.

But please, continue to assume that everyone with a functioning brain is just butthurt that an old game is dead.
>>
>>51129104
>4▶
>>>51129030 (You)
>>Lolf, you clearly are butthurt, aren't you? MUH WHFB!!! Age of Shitmar iz bad!!!1one!

Which you clearly are. But hey, I'll humour your denial.
>>
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31364773-beastclaw-raiders

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31290767-warhammer

Published in 8th of august and 23rd of July... didn't they stop making releases prior to june?? How come they did these releases DURING THE GROWTH PERIOD!?
>>
>>51129141
I'm more disappointed that AoS is a pile of shit.

The idea of a GW fantasy game without the ranked combat was pretty appealing at first. I've always like Warmahordes' rules, but the models have been sub-par for most of its life, so something else to replace it would have been welcome. Until I actually played the game and realized that they must have had their interns building the rules. The fetid setting is just the nail in the coffin.
>>
GW has improved markedly in the last 2 years since Kirby left. I remember the dark days of 2012.
>>
File: IMG_7326.png (493KB, 1100x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7326.png
493KB, 1100x900px
>>51126474
You decide.
>>
>>51126702
>anon asks if game is shit
>honest answers
>"WAAAAH, FANTASY GROGNARDS OUT, S-STAY MAD IN YOUR TOXIC COMMUNITY!"

lol. Good I know AoS players can be pretty chill, or I'd chalk you all as mental patients.
>>
>>51129243
Which were faqed out as not necessary. You got the bonus automatically. Oh noes, someone cracks a joke!! FUN SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED!!
>>
>>51129207
GW has had the worst game designers on the market for a while. It is pretty sad. I just play Malifaux as it is somewhat similar to Warmahordes but the models are all sculpted to a good standard.
>>
>>51126474
The rules are certainly subpar when compared to other games. The models themselves depend on whether you like the more MOBA esque aesthetic or not. Same with the fluff.
>>
>>51128374
>you're a fucking retard. AoS had releases until september.
On the contrary, you're the retarded one. Once AoS releas slowed down the stock began to rise (ussually around a major 40k release, like the rise in early august around the DW release, another rise around the release of GSC, and once AoS releases stop in September GW's stock experiences the greatest rise in the following months.
It's very clear that AoS is not what caused the rise, but all the other stuff GW did.
>>
>>51129410
Or that they were BOTH responsible. But hey, you clearly have the detailed numbers and this actually shows the SALES made by GW and not the stock value ... oh wait.
>>
>>51128392
>on par as to what WHFB was on its first one.
That's fucking terrible because WHFB Lore was in its first edition not existent. They just throw a bunch of fantasy elements in one pot and made minis out of it.
You can forgive that at that time because it was new but now they have a shit ton of experience to learn from it.
If your company build cars you don't start with a horse again for a new series.
>>
>>51125768
>honey
Kill yourself
>>
>>51129462
It's not like they started from scratch though.
They've learned that space marines are superior to pyjama men and so they made space marines for Fantasy.
>>
>>51125702
I would like to see statistics on AoS selling well as a stand alone game. I'm not doubting you, I just want to see it myself.

Mind you, if it's selling even with half-mediocre profits, it'd be selling better than WHFB.
I miss the old world though. Bring back WHRP, GW pls :(

My personal theory is that GW is doing well from team effort between 40k and all those new boardgame releases.
>>
>>51126474
It's actually pretty decent. The downfall of fantasy was really because it's much more complex, AoS is simple and fast, and requires way fewer models to play. People don't want complex they want quick and easy
>>
>>51129459
>oh wait.
Oh wait, you don't have them either. So, seeing as the only info we have, the stock, shows a rise around 40k releases, with the largest rise when its only 40k releases for months, and the greatest drop when it's most AoS releases, it makes more sense to say 40k is the cause.
>>
>>51125768
he's baiting about the toxic community but he is right about WHFB being dead in the water. At my LGS we tried to keep it alive, believe me. There just wasn't interested, especially from newbies and you can't expect the same core group that has been playing for 10-15 years on average to buy enough stuff to support a system.
>>
>GW hikes up the prices of their models sold abroad
>People just buy online from the UK instead
>Pound slumps, so UK goods are worth less
>People abroad buy more models because they're worth less and it's still cheaper than their ridiculously priced models in their home country
>GW is totally a success gaiz!!!11

I'm still waiting for the actual sales figures for AoS. For every anon saying it's sold out at their FLGS, there's another 10 saying it's gathering dust in theirs.

I'm willing to bet the profit jump is entirely 40K, Bloodbowl, and vidya related.
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>51126032

Step right up ladies and gents! This here is a prime example of the typical /tg/ neckbeard! Yes sir, this isn't your average college dropout, no sir! This man-child has grown fierce in the basement of his moms residence, creating a far more vicious hatred towards the life outside.
With little to no company, one can tell straight of the bat that this specimen has only has himself to debate, and thus always come to the conclusion that its only its own opinion that matters, thus making it nigh impossible to tame in to the herd of normies in the outside world. At a whim, this beast of a bloated neckbeard will lash out at just about anything proving his world picture wrong!

Ay, stay back my good men, stay back! For you never know how contagious this behavior is. Next thing you know, it is you who violently barge unassorted "arguments" in a public forum, only backing down when a grammar error occurs or the internet cable plugs out by mistake!
>>
>>51129954
Even if AoS doesn't really sell, GW are still making gainz, so they can support AoS until it's grounded in the game scene.
>>
File: 1442946828136.jpg (75KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
1442946828136.jpg
75KB, 479x640px
>>51125484
Games Workshop have entered a whole new era post AoS.

They've essentially moved on from the AoS disaster as quickly as they good.

Replacing the CEO helped enormously.
>>
>>51126474

Long time WHFB player here.
Despite my initial hate, I actually find the game fun. Its fast, and when you play it with friends its really great. Creating custom scenarios in a game that doesn't take itself to damn serious is almost like stepping back to my childhood,

All in all, its very beginner friendly. And during our games, we have looked in the rules below 5 times I think. Compare that to the immense amount of time you spent reading and debating the old system! People play it to have a fun time, and you can really tell the difference.
>>
>>51128047
>>
>>51130135
>Replacing the CEO helped enormously.
Yeah, but fixing the devastation left by Tom Kirby will ensure that GW will need much more time to fix the shit he started.

How long it will last and how many sacrifices there will be to fix all of it?

Time will show.
>>
File: 271.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
271.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>51129030
>Beastclaws, Bonesplitterz and Gorechosen (plus a few expansions for ST)
>>
It's kind of embarrassing this thread is so big. /tg/ is so easy to bait.
>>
>>51130282
Seriously. I read that and puked into the back of my mouth a little bit.

Whoever came up with the naming scheme for AoS should have been smothered at birth as a favour to the human race.
>>
>>51130418
t. salty grognard that havent bought a mini since 3rd.

its okay, they are doing much better without you.
>>
>>51130440
Are you actually defending 'Beastclaws' and 'Gorechosen'?

Really? Is that where we're at?
>>
>>51127438
>they are doing much better without you.
>>
>>51130511
>Really? Is that where we're at?
It is. No matter how low GW goes, there have always been people on here defending them. And as much as I'd like to think otherwise, I'm certain some of them are genuine.
>>
>>51130511
Beastclaw Raiders for a faction of nomadic barbarians.

Gorechosen for a game to decide who's the chosen of khorne.

It ain't that bad. But yeah, let's be nitpicky, it's not like Fantasy had ever had a bad name EVER!
>>
>>51130418
I think the other anon wanted to point out that those "releases" entailed no new sculpt
>>
>>51130553
If anything it shows Rountree cares about the old guard. Or their money, who knows. But he cares.
>>
File: sheer force of anger.png (296KB, 683x466px) Image search: [Google]
sheer force of anger.png
296KB, 683x466px
>>51129030
>and there's a sort of wasteland in terms of new stuffs.
BURNING OF PROPERO YOU TWAT
CAME RIGHT AFTER GORECHOSEN
>>
>>51130710
which anyway contradicts the AoShills claiming aos was done also with the intention to get rid of the old, toxic guard that dragged down the product.
>>
>>51129030
>In fact, you see the sales go down again a bit after Gorechosen is released and there's a sort of wasteland in terms of new stuffs.
Burning of prospero, new 1ksons, WoM, magnus, traitor legions, imperial agents, the squad plus transport boxes, the battleforces, start collecting death watch, plastic sisters, cawl, FoC.
You're a faggot
>>
>>51130584
Nigga it sounds dumb, and we all know these stupid names only exist for legal reasons.

It's not the only shitty thing about AoS, but every little bit adds up to make a thoroughly unpleasant mess. The terrible naming schemes are like the little beads of sour grit floating around the rotten turds that are the overdesigned WoW aesthetics and the shallow, repetitive ruleset.
>>
>>51131034
Nigga, you're just nitpicking, simple as that. And whining.
>>
>>51130511

Beastclaws is simple and boring, but it could be worse. It makes sense, at least. Obviously these people are either naming themselves after beasts, and are raiders, or perhaps they ride beasts, and are raiders. It sounds like a shittily translated North American Indian name.

Gorechosen, though, is fucking retarded. Like all Chaos names in AoS it's literally just "noun associated with being evil + adjective". Every single fucking one follows that pattern, except for the ones that are just noun+noun like "evil rape skull cannon of death cannons" or whatever.

For brevity's sake I omitted them but just pretend there's a "(c)(R)TM" following every name above :^)
>>
>>51131078
chosen of gore, khorne usually associated with blood and gore. Wow, yeah it's so fucking retarded to go for a clear connection.
>>
>>51131078
But this isn't a thing AoS added, khorne has gotten stupid names for a long time.
The ones at release did include some of the most cringworthy examples, but cringing at khorne names is basically a tradition in GW products
>>
>>51129243
if you dont think this is fun and funny then you are literally autistic
>>
>>51127438
>>and re-recruit lapsed customers.
They did that in fucking spades with Genestealer Cults. It's nuts how many people came back to 40k either directly because of them or because of the conversion potential of the kits for Necromunda.
>>
>>51131078
Gorechosen is fine imo.

It's when they slap the word blood on literally everything including replacing the first syllable of another word with it to make a make-believe word like "Bloodrocutioner" or "Bloodsecrator" whatever, that's where they went full fucking retard.
>>
>>51131295
Like bloodcrushers? They went full fucking retard a long ago
>>
>>51131345
Bloodcrusher isn't replacing a syllable in an existing word, it's just a compound. It was made to fit into the "Bloodletter, Bloodthrister" scheme of naming Khorne Daemons. Could be a bit more creative, but it gets a pass. I've never seen someone cringe just reading the word "Bloodcrusher".

"Bloodsecrator" on the other hand...
>>
Just so you guys know, AoS outsold 40k in 2016.
>>
>>51131375
Post source, nigga.

I know "anecdotal evidence" and all but I have still yet to see a single person purchase, play with, or paint a single AoS model, while my store has been drawing in more and more 40k players lately.
>>
>>51131375
Nah, I'm not buying it. I love AoS (and bought a whole army in this time period) but even I don't buy it. Sure, there's a very robust competitive scene in the UK but I doubt they have enough widespreadth to match that of 40k.
>>
>>51131375
I enjoy AoS a lot, but yeah, nah. Not a chance in hell with plastic 30k, Genestealer cults. FUCKING MAGNUS (how does he work?)
>>
>>51131397
I know you won't believe me, but i live in nottingham and know a few guys in warhammer world- which is my local flgs. AoS is extremely successful in the UK - and alot of that is because of the sylvaneth in 2016. Alarielle was one of their best selling kits of all time; no joke.

Again i dont expect you to believe me on 4chan- but its true, and i cant really do much more than say it.

It just is funny seeing all these people saying it is in spite of AoS - when i know from the horses mouth that its actually in spite of 40k.
>>
>>51131373
>"Bloodsecrator"
Dear God, when I heard this, the first thing I thought was the dark side of the 90's.
>>
>>51125484
>GW is totally dying guys!
Not since Roundtree

>Aos is dead in the water
Adding points brought it back from the dead, for now. It might even become something good.., though I wouldn't bet my bottom dollar

>it was a mistake killing WHFB
it definitely was.

>driving away all the grognards!
cool /AoSg/ meme.
>>
>>51126474

Now that it has points it is a perfectly serviceable fantasy skirmish game.
>>
http://siterankdata.com/tga.community

Not clearly related to AoS' sales figures but this is from a web-page for the game's fans. It shows there's an explosion of activity from november to december, and if you go to the site's metrics you see a lot of new people in those months.
I know it doesn't fully correlate but it can be that there's a late outburst of AoS, spurned by the fact that they made a livestream of the Warlords in late september. I bought my own army (proxied the hell out of everything) after seeing the tournament.

Yeah, AoS, is extremely successful in the UK and seems to be doing fine in Australia too. Still I'm not positive it outsold, globally, 40k.
>>
>>51129243

I find shit like this hilarious to be honest.

It's only when nofuns don't do it and some other nofuns calls them out on it that it gets ugly.
>>
>>51131440
Maybe they were saying AoS outsould 40k IN THE UK in 2016? Because I'm pretty sure there are more Warhammer players in America just due to the sheer size of it, and every LGS I go to here is 40k or that Star Wars game (X-Wing?), or even people clinging to old editions of Warhammer Fantasy with old WHFB models.
>>
File: image.png (60KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60KB, 860x650px
>>51131375
>>
Has anyone on /tg/ ever been this completely and utterly BTFO like the FB Grognards.
>>
>>51131682
AoSfags claiming their game outsells WHFB, 40k, Infinity, Warmahordes, X-Wing, McDonald's, and Japan? Combined?

Time and again?
>>
>>51131682
Hearts o salt
Eyes a mist.
Fantasy virgin.
Ne'er kissed.
>>
File: 1477678296915.jpg (111KB, 516x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477678296915.jpg
111KB, 516x960px
>>51131549
Give me a couple of pals and pints to play stuff like that for an evening and I'm sold just as much as I would be for a movie or vidya night with friends.

People here forget that the game is meant to be fun first and foremost wayyy too often. Which is why they whine a lot about Tau and Eldars being OP and stuff like that. The fact that they stopped playing the damn game or even never played and just whine to fit in is also terrible. Having a friendly game with buddies can always be cool, as long as you stay fair and cool with each other (hence the whole point of playing with friends, and not people you could actively want to fuck over)
Litteraly this afternoon I went to my GW and saw an Ork vs SM match, and they were having the time of their life, whereas if you listen to the anons here you'd thik no one can have fun with Orks.

Really /tg/ has forgotten that this game is meant to be played with friends and have a good time, not roflstomp everyone to prove your cock is bigger. Hell, look at Striking Scorpion on YouTube, his terrains are fucking god like, he tends to play fluffy lists, and Orks are among the top 3 of the armies on his channels based on their victories in battle reports. He plays with friends, in fair games, and is having plenty of fun.

I'm not saying 40k or AoS are perfect, but fucking hell people, have some fun once in a while. Go and discuss your joy of the hobby with someone else, you'll realise how much of a difference and good it feels to get away from the constant whining here, to share a passion with someone.

Tl;dr: Don't be cunts, you cunts.
>>
>>51130511
Beastclaw Raiders actually have some pretty nifty fluff.
>>
>>51131733
Nobody has claimed that

Cool shitpost bro
>>
File: I smell faggot.gif (1MB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
I smell faggot.gif
1MB, 267x199px
>>51131945
>Cool shitpost bro
>memes this old
>this normie tier
>>
>>51131823
Thing is, almost ANYTHING is fun with friends and a few pints. If you're laying out a couple hundred or thousands of dollars you'd hope it can clear a slightly higher bar.

I like AoS and love my Sylvaneth, but I only got interested with the GHB. Being a good beer and pretzels game is great, but having GW hide behind that excuse for years and seemingly not even bother trying sucked.

Fortunately GW seems to have finally decided that they should at least appear to care about the game design.
>>
>>51132088
Greentext and reaction image?

Good argument bro
>>
File: no today baitr.png (380KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
no today baitr.png
380KB, 650x456px
>>51132106
I know most of AoS posters are here to bait but please.
Stop with the plebbit tier shit.
>>
>>51126474
It's an okay-ish skirmish game.
My problem with it is that the things I enjoyed about WHFB, the manouvering and formations, went right out the window, along with a lot of the tacitical depth.
Also the lore and naming conventions are fucking atrocious.
>>
>>51132134
Assuming everyone that calls you out disagrees with what you like AND bait meme reaction image?

Good argument bro

Keep it up, you almost won
>>
>>51129509
Just saying. Comparing aos lore with first edition fantasy is like saying you play as good football as me when I was 5 years old.
>>
>>51132365
>Assuming everyone that calls you out
I was a different anon,
also I know a number of folks who intentionally posted about AoS to bait for quite a while when it came out. it isn't unsound, especially given your posts seem to indicate that you are bait.
and you are , you know it i know it your repeating of x y bro is highly indicative of it.
here's your (you) plebbian
>>
>>51125484
Notice that they doubled profit from licensing. They're going to end up like comics did where the IP is worth megabux and the actual core productions are a niche hobby.
>>
>>51131295
To be fair though what fucking name is bloodletter?
>>
>>51132616
Bloodletting is removing blood from the body.
>>
>>51132653
And it was a "medical" procedure.

Oh god, khornate daemons have medical degrees.
>>
>>51125702
Its the golden age of board games and GW has been releasing board games. Dumbass
>>
>>51132676
Well, ol'dog face is the dark god of disciplined pursuits. So, that almost makes sense.

Contrast with his hedonistic enemy.
>>
>>51132565
Well if I can get Marvel&DC tier of 40k movies, I won't say no.
>>
>>51132653
OK now I get they don't mean the alphabet but it still is weird considering it doesn't fit the wild nature of those demons.
In German it's something like mauler.
>>
>>51132850
Yeah, the amount of people who care about painting lumps of plastic vs the amount of people who'll see a blockbuster action movie aren't even comparable. It wasn't a criticism; if GW are going to last as a major company (as opposed to just being the biggest fish in the relatively small pond of tabletop wargames) it's going to happen eventually.
>>
>>51132930
Well bloodletting can be used to refer ab´ny loss of blood, including lar´ge amounts of people dying.

Agreed on the German names though, with the possible excetion of Bloodthirster just being Blutdämon.
>>
>>51125702
Lol that never ceases to amuse me.
That's the tale you guys tell one another while playing who have the longest moustaches?
>>
>>51130135

That comic is dumb because the Aztecs absolutely dominated central America. There really was no better alternative for them as a society in that era.
>>
>>51131066
Small problems are no longer small when they're heaped atop much bigger ones.

And frankly, when you build a setting, it's important to not name stuff in ways that would make most people laugh at how stupid it sounds.
>>
I didn't even play WHFB but loved the side-stories, books and fluff. AOS killed all interest in that.
>>
>>51126474
>are people just complaining cause it's new?
i think you can answer that yourself
>>
>>51133357
You're dumb.

That guy literally saying it's the best system there is. You can acknowledge that something is the best without believing it's perfect.
>>
>>51133583
It's not new anymore at this point.
>>
>>51133637
It's newer than WHFB, that is enought. Ten years from now it would be the same.
>>
>>51133710
You give it ten years mate? You must be the optimistc guy who sees the glass half full.
>>
>>51133792
This is /tg/. We have generals for games which has been dead for years, like WHFB. Even if AoS died tomorrow I can assure you that ten years from now there are still going to be bait thread like this one.
>>
>>51133431
Pfft. Why would you show interest in the side materials of a game? What are you? A fucking nerd? It's a game, don't take it so seriously. Have sex, bro. Seriously, kill yourself, grognard.
>>
>>51133899
Not him but..why not?
Do you want to just throw dices around?
>>
>>51134026
>Do you want to just throw dices around?
Well, seeing as that's all AoS is, and he's an AoS player that's probably the case
>>
>>51134026
>>51134319
>tfw not even good at baiting
Ah well, at least I'm still good at playing caricatures. AoS fans on here have ensured I never touch the game with a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>51134026
>>51134319
Guys, don't be silly, that's bait.
>>
>>51125484

please let GW die

also i want to play some online free fucking tabletop is there some fucking way to do it?
>>
>>51134378
I agree on the AoS fans, but that game itself is so utter garbage I won't touch it even if the middleton were playing it.
>>
>>51131375

The only reason GW is even making so much money this year is because of BoP and other 40k shit.
>>
>>51129320
How does "Everyone Has Their Price" work now without the silly bit of offering your opponet an actual bribe? some kind of die roll I assume?
>>
>>51134769
In what way BoP was different from BaC?
>>
>>51134839

Are you retarded? Custodes, SoS, Mk III, and unique actual characters like AHRIFUCKINGMAN and Geigor? GSC also came out and that was popular.
>>
>>51132616
Archaic (fitting the tone/style of daemons) "one who lets out the blood".

Of all the names in 40k bloodletter is one of the least stupid.
>>
>>51134839
Calth is pure genius, Prospero less so

Mostly because Mk3 looks very different making it hard to incorporate into your SM/CSM army, Mk4 is similar enough.

This is somewhat balanced due to SoS and Custodes, ofc. (and the fact the Contemptor looks like ass :))
>>
>>51137003

Calth was only good for the infantry. The Contemptor was garbage. Mk IV and Cataphractii are popular though.

BoP may not have done Mk III as well, but the Tartaros were good albeit unpopular, the IC sculpts are great, and the Custodes and SoS are stellar.

Overall, BoP is the better box UNLESS you wanted Mk IV or Cataphractii.
>>
>>51126258
holy shit
>>
>>51134416

Well, warmahordes made a computerization of their game. Pretty much just Warmahordes as a steam game. And they have been "free to try" since release.
>>
What I find funny is that we have proof what GW will do to a game if it doesn't sell. And I'm talking about a game with over 30+ years of history! That must have had a huge fanbase for the lore itself (both the traditional WHFB and computer games). Still, if it doesn't sell, they will ax it!

>Still having full retard on /tg/ claiming AoS doesn't sell....

Look, if that game didn't sell, they would have just taken it out. Because in difference to you or me, its just a game to GW. They don't care, as long as they make money on it. Just like any other company out there (yes... even you other miniature companies out there).
>>
>>51129243

File saved as "AoS: Fun is Mandatory"
>>
>>51130057
>>51126874
>t. butthurt Greed Worship employees
>>
>>51125702
>WHFB was dying because of the toxic player base surrounding it.
But can you really say that it was just due to the toxic player base? That definitely played a role, but I can think of a couple of other things that you're conveniently overlooking:

1. High barrier to entry: Most newbies aren't going to stay interested for long if the rules are set up to favour larger games, since it's too much of an investment (in time and money) for most people. Even with encouragement from other players, the number of people who ended up becoming serious about it would have been small compared with, say, 40K, because most people want to get in and play relatively fast, and aren't likely to want to spend thousands on the game right off the bat unless they've played already.

2. Too few releases: If you don't bring out new models, and you have that barrier to entry going on, people will eventually stop buying your shit. As I mentioned, newbies generally aren't going to want to buy a 2,000+ army off the bat, and veterans are generally going to have everything they need already, if you're not doing anything to keep the meta fresh. GW failed here, because they'd clearly stopped caring about WHFB quite a while before they decided to actively kill it off... which was, funny enough, when they actually managed to inject some new life into it with all those exciting new End Times releases. But no, it's the community's fault, because players didn't choose to buy stuff that they had no reason to buy in the first place.
>>
>>51139789
>And I'm talking about a game with over 30+ years of history! That must have had a huge fanbase for the lore itself
>the lore

This is a big part of why I think AoS is still so decisive, even after the General's Handbook. Completely gutting and replacing the rules is one thing, and a lot of people would have complained about that regardless, but the way they just threw all the fluff out the window as well just seemed way too reactionary, to the point where I suspect a lot of people took it as an insult from GW.

It's like they went overboard with trying to make AoS be everything that WHFB was not. I have a suspicion that the thought process behind the creation of the Mortal Realms was something along the lines of: "The WHFB setting was just one planet, and some people might find that too restrictive ... so how do we fix that?" "I know, let's make everything a huge series of arenas where everyone can fight everyone else, in any plausible combination of factions, forever!"

Also, gotta give a mention to AoS' appalling naming scheme. If "Justice Lightgood" actually sounds like it would be a reasonable name to give someone in your setting, then you're on the wrong side of the Cheeseville border.
>>
>>51128047
Stock price will have little reflection on release window here, and more the fall of the pound against international currencies in the autumn of last year- dont pretend to know shit about market value pls
>>
>>51129603
>AoS is simple and fast, and requires way fewer models to play

Is that why i still field the same 120 night goblins i fielded in 8th?

If anything, sigmar made the bad things in 8th edition worse. Giant hordes are still the norm. Giant monsters are even more broken. Magic is still OP as fuck.
>>
>>51125484
These profits don't coincide with AoS though. They coincide with AoS stuff decreasing and there being a spree of 40K/HH stuff, as well as a bunch of well marketed and high value for money boxed sets.

The increase in business for GW we're seeing is just them being better at business for once. Roundtree is bringing back all the things fans have missed for ages, like bargain boxes and fan favourite characters/armies, while also drumming up hype for and putting out shit 40K fags have always dreamed about being able to buy - Heresy stuff, Primarchs, Sisters of Silence, etc. He actually understands how to market stuff, and it shows.

If anything these profits are against AoS, but I'm sure the repackaging of certain AoS items into more affordable bargains contributed somewhat.
>>
>>51127866
Don't forget Bloodbowl doing better than their initial expectations
>>
>>51125484
AoS is dead. The current boost is due to the 40k End Times and video game royalties.
>>
>>51141266

>Can not take a joke, the post!

You literally are the person described in this post >>51130057.
>>
>>51125484
Well, yeah. Their IP had ridiculously successful video games.

Models are dying though.
>>
>>51125484
>half year without big AoS releases
>only 40k and HH
>profits are growing
Gues we find the way to save GW.
>>
File: 1484134441650.jpg (128KB, 546x568px) Image search: [Google]
1484134441650.jpg
128KB, 546x568px
>>51125484

AoS is dead.

Expect another reboot in a year or two.
>>
>all these threads with almost the same OP-post
Nice job shills.
>>
>>51146535
>Their IP
So when do they lose the rights to WHFB?
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.