[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Elves are immortal! >Vampires are immortal! >Undead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 2720_1.jpg (137KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
2720_1.jpg
137KB, 728x409px
>Elves are immortal!
>Vampires are immortal!
>Undead are immortal!
>Angels and demons are immortal!
>etc.

Have you ever considered that they just have really long "lifetimes" that from the point of view of the ones that, well, write monster manuals they might as well be immortal? Yes, even the undead.

If you want a more apt comparison, imagine that your average Monster Manual is a Pokedex, except where Pokedex is written by impressionable children, Monster Manual is written by impressionable manchildren. In-universe, of course.
>>
Devas are not immortal in mythology, they just live for a very long time (billions of years and more for some).
>>
>>51125143
>Have you ever considered that they just have really long "lifetimes" that from the point of view of the ones that, well, write monster manuals they might as well be immortal? Yes, even the undead.
You mean, that's not how it is already? Huh, guess I've been 'playing wrong'.
>>
>>51125143
If they were trully inmortal, their lifespan would be minus one month.
>>
>>51125143
There's different levels of it...
>really long lifespan
>don't age at all but still die from other causes
>don't die naturally at all, only from violence or accidents
>don't die unless you use some weakness to kill them
>don't die permanently, can be slain but come back if you don't prevent it
>simply can't die, you can only bind them
>>
>>51125218
"Immortal? Perhaps. But not invincible!"
>>
>>51125143
Sufficiently long lifespan is indistinguishable from immortality.
>>
>>51125143
>Elves have lifetimes ranging from 300 to 700 years.
>Vampires are undead mages who need to feed on the life force of others or else they will dissapate.
>Undead are beings whose spirit is bound to their dead bodies forcefully and are only free of their torment after those bodies are destroyed.
>Angels are beings of the positive energy plane with really fucking long lifetimes.
>Demons are beings of the negative energy plane ....

Immortality is a pursuit that goes against the rules of the universe and unless one breaks through the boundrary to become a god it's impossible.
>>
File: 108.jpg (140KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
108.jpg
140KB, 1200x675px
>>51125218
>>simply can't die, you can only bind them
Hold my sake.
>>
>>51125330
> Immortality is a pursuit that goes against the rules of the universe
Says who?
>>
>>51125370
Says the apocaliptic lightningbolts striking at anyone who's trying to achieve it forcefully or is about to achieve it.
>>
>>51125509
So, basically, gods are getting mad that someone besides them realize the secret to achieve the godhood and are desperately trying to keep monopoly on it by abusing their position?
>>
>>51125509
Let me guess, bolts cast by an immortal?
>>
>>51125341

Ah, but Ryougi, there are things even you cannot kill.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.