[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This may not be the correct board so I'm sorry if this post

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Back-TF-EN-VG.png (13KB, 108x154px) Image search: [Google]
Back-TF-EN-VG.png
13KB, 108x154px
This may not be the correct board so I'm sorry if this post is out of place

I haven't played Duel Monsters (Yu Gi Oh) in about 15 years and I found my childhood deck while on holiday at my parents' house. And I know it's still relatively popular today

But what I'd like to know is aside from the card in the updated Banned/limited list, am I able to use my decades old cards in tournament or regulation play at my local D&D/magic hangouts?

Basically what I'm asking is are 1st edition or series 1 cards eligible for modern play?
>>
Welcome, guest, to our humble board
>>
>>>/vg/dng/

Fuck if I know why, but that's where this goes.
>>
>>51122368
Thank you
>>
>>51122350
Aside from the banlist, you will.

But trust me, you'll get fucking crushed. Yu-gi-oh keeps things fresh with power creep. You won't stand a chance.

If you want to get into the game, there's resources online to how to build a decent deck. You could build something reasonably tournament playable fro maybe $30. '

Just know that while, yes, you CAN, that you'll be wildly outclassed.

That said, if you can find people with similarly old/casual cards then you can still have a good time, but you're going to need new stuff to go to tournaments and do anything but die horribly.

That said, there are lots of old decks/archetypes that have received modern support that makes them playable, so if you're willing to pick up a few new cards, you may be able to play an updated version of your old favorite deck/strategy. Blue-Eyes, for example, while no longer top tier, is very playable right now.
>>
>>51123356

I've been doing a lot of reading on local Facebook pages about the groups in my area and they all said what you did. A lot of them prefer older decks. I just didn't know they were playable. I did go out and buy about $35- $45 in new cards.

And after what you've told me, I think I'll step up with the newer card and keep some of my old but goods in there. Although I'm not sure what call to make because im more of a casual player than a tournament buff.

But thank you for your help
>>
>>51122350

your deck will be worthless, anon, the power creep has kept up strong.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.