[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really like simulation and tycoon games like Sim City, Tropico

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: BkTs_L0IYAAGmq8[1].jpg (47KB, 599x387px) Image search: [Google]
BkTs_L0IYAAGmq8[1].jpg
47KB, 599x387px
I really like simulation and tycoon games like Sim City, Tropico and RCT. Are there any table top games that have a focus on building and the like?
>>
>>51114959
Yes, they are called Civ games and you can find them on /qst/ or abouts roll20.

Heres the rules for one:
http://www.clanwebsite.org/games/rpg/Dawn_of_Worlds_game_1_0Final.pdf
>>
>>51115111

Not really what I mean but looks fun none the less. Thanks!
>>
If you're looking for boardgames there are a good few. Suburbia is a classic one, Quadropolis is another game I've heard about more recently.
>>
>>51114959
There's a Japanese RPG called "Make You Kingdom"/"Meikyuu Kingdom" that's very much focused on managing and growing your home city.
Also, the 40k RPG Rogue Trader has an emphasis on your fleet's economic power, with that ultimately being the primary long-term motivation for the party.

Those two capture both ends of the thematic spectrum pretty well; 40k is Grim Dark Space Future, and Make You Kingdom is pretty much a party based, tabletop version of "My Life as King," if you've ever heard of that.
>>
Not OP here, but:
Are there any rules/games/ideas for a City-Defence kind of game?

I'm not so much interested in city building (let the citizens do that) as in a sort of battle-generation kind of 'game'.

Basically, you've got:
Beastmen in your woods & Skaven in your granaries,
Orcs and/or Goblins rampaging periodically through your lands,
Dark Elves and/or Norscans raiding (if you're on the coast)
Vampires & Chaos Cultists doing their own thing in the town itself
Stuff like that.
>>
>>51121980

+ I forgot:
And your Duke/Earl occasionally calls you to send troops/food/money to help his latest war.
Which will, naturally, come to your door as well.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.