[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He can accept that dragons fly >But not that women can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 39

File: 1472035644061.jpg (210KB, 686x441px) Image search: [Google]
1472035644061.jpg
210KB, 686x441px
>He can accept that dragons fly
>But not that women can be legendary warriors
>>
He sounds like a douche, so just don't play with him.
>>
File: 1440003556266.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1440003556266.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>51113048
Well, duh. Dragons are magic. Warriors are bound by the laws of physics.
>>
>I'm a cunt who doesn't know the difference between "realistic in reality" and "realistic in an established universe"
>>
>>51113112
>Implying you couldn't apply those to both or either and it's purely a matter of preference
>>
People inconsistently apply things like 'realism' to justify what they want to believe and to act like their prejudices and preferences are somehow implicitly correct or 'logical', whatever that fucking means in context.
>>
>>51113048
>Joan of Arc
I literally just thought of that example off the top of my head.

Your DM must have severe autism.
>>
>>51113048
>Here's something that's not real doing something realistic given the source material
>Here's something real doing something that is not realistic given what we know

I'm assuming this happened because you bitched about a skimpy outfit, but either way the comparison holds no water. Cry fucking harder.
>>
>no legendary warrior gf
Why live?
>>
>>51113219
>Because saints are totally real in all cases
Joan of Arc was 12 if she was real at all, and isn't really described as fighting.

I swear to god these examples get more pathetic as time goes on.
>>
>>51113273

Boudica.
>>
>>51113222
There's a list of women living and breathing right now who could kick your ass. No, not the ass of the strongest man alive. But your ass. And it's a long list. Some are genetic freaks, some are just really well trained, some are a bit of both or a lot of both. There is still a smaller, but considerable list of women, who could kick the ass of the average male. And a smaller but still there list of women who could kick ass of strong men. Sure, man are significantly stronger on average. Denying that is dumb.

Pretending women can't be warriors is equally dumb. A woman doesn't have to be the strongest, most skilled sword wielder in a setting. She just needs to be able to beat the average bandit/goblin to be a warrior of prowess. It's completely possible. Plausible even, that some will fit that bill.
>>
>>51113273
>Joan of Arc was 12 if she was real at all

Uh...she was? She's a matter of absolute historical fact. There is no doubt whatsoever that she existed and that she really did the things she did (whether or not she was divinely inspired is up to you to decide, I just mean to say that it's not like a Jesus or Moses or something situation; we know for a fact that Joan was a real person who did real things. We have transcripts from her (mis)trial and everything.)
>>
>>51113273
Dam, what else happened in medieval France that history books got wrong, since you were there and have personal experience
>>
>>51113048
Are you one of those people that campaigned for more black people in Witcher(s), arguing that "it's fantasy so you can do literally everything?

The thing that separates high fantasy and let's say a fairy tale is the fact that high fantasy should follow its own worlds rules consistently. Also, even though he is being a jack-ass about it, >>51113109 is kinda correct.

Dragons are entirely mythological, magical beings. If there is no in-world reason for why women are warriors, just that they are(I.E magic, fictional culture and so on)it is perfectly valid to question the world building.
>>51113151
>People inconsistently apply things like 'realism' to justify what they want to believe and to act like their prejudices and preferences are somehow implicitly correct or 'logical', whatever that fucking means in context
OP's "arguments" are not inconsistent though. It depends on the setting.
>>
People will invoke realism to dismiss things they don't like and ignore it for things they do like. More news at eleven,

Both "sides" of this silly debate do it. People who argue that women warriors should be ha disappear because of real-life strength differences will readily explain that bikini armor is just fantasy, and people who insist bikini armor would prove impractical in combat will just as quickly invoke the story being fantasy to justify why women and men can physically perform on the same level.
>>
>>51113345
>expecting a troll to care for historical (or any in fact) evidence

Is like you don't know 4chan.
>>
>>51113356
I bet you think Longbows pierce armor too
>>
>>51113219
Joan of Arc was not a warrior. She did not fight herself, she was a commander. A good one at that, but not a fighter. A part of her mythos is that she only bore a banner to battle to inspire troops ffs
>>
Human beings in most fantasy settings are capable of superhuman feats anyway. Realistic human limits no longer have any value, the difference in limits between genders means even less.
>>
>>51113112

Funnily enough, female warriors are actually pretty much a given in "estabilished universes" since... I dunno, since Atalanta's myth at the very least, some 25 centuries ago.
>>
>>51113328
>I lost two whole tribes because of my own stupidity and I died by suicide rather than in battle
Yeah that's a warrior all right.
>>
>>51113345
>it's not like a Jesus
Isn't there pretty solid evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus as well?
>>
>>51113371
If you don't qualify armor and don't use any adverb to qualify 'pierce', this isn't neither true nor false.

Longbows don't RELIABLY pierce plate armor. That's a true statement. Neither did the MOST TYPES of crossbows.
>>
>>51113328
Boudica wasn't a warrior. IIRC she wasn't a commander even, just the leader of tribe(s)
>>
>>51113048
I can't accept the idea that a woman can be a legendary warrior and not submit to dick once in her Life OP. I call that a monumental waste, she has to suck dick sometime.
>>
>>51113334
This is some good cuck pasta right here
>>
The average man is stronger than the average woman but what is a PC if not exceptional?
>>
>>51113401

After, y'know, routing Rome and destroying several cities, making Nero consider completely withdrawing from Britain just to not have to deal with her.

She lost, but that doesn't mean she wasn't terrifying in her day.
>>
>>51113328
>lost to Romans while outnumbering them at least 8:1
That's some legendary warriorship right here.
>>
>>51113048
False equivalence. Though this is a shit thread and you should feel shit.
>>
>>51113334

Do they have 18 Strength?
>>
>>51113048
>They can't accept that SOME cultures in the settings are defined by traditional, ritualized customs that dictate how men and women should live, so some characters might react in strange ways to people who contradict the ways of life they were raised with in extreme ways until they spend more time around this person
I'm with you though. He sounds like a jerk.
>>
>>51113454
I know, rite? Most people eventually lost to Rome. Doesn't make their exploits any less impressive. Specially with the difference in number and equipment that was often the case when 'barbarians' fought the empire.
>>
>>51113454
Except the logistics don't actually make that much of a feat you retard.

The cities her armies destroyed were abandoned by the army. She literally just killed civillians.

And the ONE victory features a number differences of 20 to 1, so it's not like she had anything in particular to do with that.

>>51113499
It makes it less impressive when you consider just how retarded her plans and behavior were.
>>
>>51113484
Some of them maybe? In a world where potions can change your body and so can magic...Or god's blessings...Well, why not?
>>
>>51113454
>After, y'know, routing Rome
Quintus Petillius Cerialis had 2,5k troops..
>>
>>51113401
>she took on rome during the height of its power
>lost because Romans gonna rome
Impressive to say the least
>>
>>51113552
>Took on Rome
>On the island where they had the least strength
>Lost because she had no clue what tactics are

You're retarded.
>>
>>51113436
Taking dick is natural to women, that's not something they would find offensive. And it also doesn't mean they can't kill people before and after taking said dick
>>
>>51113436
>He can't appreciate Gold Star Lesbians or Chaster warrior women

Meek.
>>
>>51113552
Boudica was defeated almost entirely with British troops. Saying that Gaius Suetonius Paulinus had the force of the entire Roman Empire behind him is historically dishonest. He levied 10 000 troops (not very much) and beat Boudica.
>>
>>51113371

They actually did at the time of Crecy, if that's your "point".

Check out The Great Warbow (Strickland and Hardy), in which shit is -gasp!- tested before coming to conclusions.
>>
>>51113571
Let's see you fight rome faggot
>>
>>51113048
Sabre should really swallow.
>>
>>51113604
I said during the height of its power, not the entire strength of the Roman army. Anyone who defied rome during those times was a badass
>>
>>51113618
Let's see you not be a cuckold, that's way harder.
>>
>>51113660
Talk to me after you successfully overthrow the greatest empire in human history cucklord
>>
>>51113658
That word is so degenerated by pussification that anyone who uses the term 'badass' is trying to convince themselves more than anyone else.
>>
>>51113618

ok starting up a rome total war campaign right now faggot
>>
>>51113609
Showering a formation with projectiles and getting a lot of kills doesn't equal reliable armor piercing capabilities. Crecy mounted french knights died by arrow as much as by having their horses killed. The sheer amount of arrows used by the british on a force charging uphill in the mud shows you that a single arrow and a single shot versus plate doesn't bode well for the archer. It's the sheer volume of fire that allows you to hit weakspots and breaches in armor, luck out and puncture through, hit a slit or gap, kill a horse etc.
>>
>>51113618
Nice argument. Just because Boudica had a pair of tits doesn't mean that deconstructing the long tradition of her being romanticized. She defeated a small Roman Army and terrorized civilians (I know everyone did this, but most people like to forget this when talking about Boudica). Then got destroyed with a relatively small Roman Army.

Joan of Arc was actually a good leader.
>>
>>51113687
Talk to me after you successfully overthrow your wife's lover, you pussy
>>
>>51113713
>of her being romanticized is wrong*
>>
>>51113702
Do it, play as iceni and get btfo by the might of rome
>>
>>51113048
They can.
It's just a bit harder when you have
>-4 Str
>>
>>51113382
This. If some men can can cut through mountains or whatever, then it's not that big of a change in comparison to have women who are as physically capable as men.
>>
>>51113414
Not really, no. Not outside of uncited biblical apologist media.
>>
>>51113713
Didn't Joan just give advice? If I remember correctly, she maintained that she didn't lead any armies and just gave advice to the actual generals when asked.

Which, in turn, makes her only better in my opinion. Instead of thinking "Yeah, me as an illiterate peasant girl definitely knows best", she just gave out advice to the best of her abilities when asked and other than that did her best as the figurehead God wanted her to be.
>>
>>51113710

Read the book, anon.

It demonstrates that these bows DID penetrate these armours, considering actual penetrations tests.

(to be fair, your points are sound, but they weren't the issue here)
>>
>>51111111
>>
>>51113713
I'm not trying to argue that she was amazing, just that she existed and tried to do what she did. A man could just as easily have done it but it was a woman instead. And it took an army of the greatest soldiers alive during those times to stop her, while cucks like you were watching your wife get fucked by nubian slaves
>>
>>51113328
Someone took Imperium III, Great Battles of Rome at face value. Get out /v/
>>
>>51113766
>implying a comfy island start to build your power base and economy before kicking rome out of gaul isn't the best start

Actually giggled.
>>
>>51113273
At least he didn't go with "outnumber your foe 20 to 1 and still lose" Boudica.
>>
>>51113222
In order to fly, birds have had to make massive evolutionary changes. Dragons have made none of them.

Birds, for example, have hollow bones, and they've lost quite a few bones compared to their dinosaur ancestors, including most of the bones in their wings and tails. Dragons still have their front legs, separate from their wings, and all the heavy bones that go along with them, and long, reptilian tails.

Birds got rid of their bulky jaw bones and teeth and replaced them with lightweight keratin beaks. This has rendered them incapable of chewing, but they tend to only eat lightly from energy-dense food sources anyway, so the weight in their stomach doesn't slow them down. That's why birds eat seeds, but not leaves (except some flightless birds). Dragons not only have a massive skull filled with teeth, but they gorge themselves like snakes. If a dragon eats a cow, it's gonna be carrying around the weight of a cow.

Birds depend heavily on streamlining. Have you ever seen an eagle carrying a fish? It always aligns the fish to face the direction it's traveling, because otherwise it creates too much drag and the eagle can barely stay aloft. Birds--especially large birds--depend heavily on being able to glide, because the act of flapping is extremely energy-intensive, so if they're not aerodynamic, they're not getting far. Dragons are bulky, bumpy, awkwardly-shaped things.

There is nothing realistic about a dragon flying. Women actually have been great warriors. Y'know, until recently, archaeologists assumed any Viking they found in armor was a man, and they kept wondering why there seemed to be so few women. Can you guess the solution to this riddle?
>>
>>51113809
Josephus and Tacitus sure had an interest in vindicating Christianity two thousand years down the line.
>>
>>51113838
Play on legendary then, you won't even be able to unify the Britannic tribes (a feat that boudicca accomplished with ease)
>>
>>51113847
>Can you guess the solution to this riddle?
You misinterpreted grave findings because you're a fucking idiot who doesn't understand archaeology and gets your fucking news from Jezebel.
>>
>>51113847
Gonna need a source on that viking thing you said, fag
>>
>>51113273
actually according to historian she was more around 21, as in her land it was the legal age to get wed, and there is some stuffs mentionning her to have to go to some town to cancel her wedding
just saying
>>
>>51113414
For the broad strokes of the story, yeah. He probably wasn't actually special in any way, and he definitely wasn't white, but Jesus was most likely a guy who lived and developed a religious following and got killed for it in a way that many other people were killed at the time.
>>
The answer that all you faggots seem to miss is that It depends on the setting
>>
>All posts against the thought of warrior women are super aggressive and use ad hominem all the fucking time. Retard this, idiot that.
>Nigga who created the thread came here just to troll those who replied to it.

Samefag being a fag.
>>
>>51113453
this
>>
>>51113874
The Josephus account is a forgery though.

>>51113907
It's a misinterpreted archeological article about norse settlers bringing their families over to england after the Danelaw was established. Feminists gonna feminist and of course understand nothing.

>>51113914
She died at 19 you fucking idiot. Get better sources.
>>
>>51113956
Insult =/= ad hominem you mental child.
>>
>>51113809

It's pretty much a given that some guy started preaching those things at that time. Granted, he probably didn't change water into wine, but whatever - the historical truth of Jesus isn't really an argument to cast dobuts about.

>I THINK Buddha's historicity is somehow a little more sketchy, but not that much.
>>
>>51113974
>The Josephus account is a forgery though.
Only the longer passage, the other mentions is generally accepted as genuine.
>>
>>51113847
>>51113974
http://www.missedinhistory.com/blogs/raining-on-your-parade-about-those-women-viking-warriors.htm

>>51113907
googling things say help. Found this with googling viking women. Gives source to original document and a rebuttal saying "there were some women migrants along with male viking warriors"
>>
>>51113478
But muh stronk british warrior queen.
>>
I don't get why autists can't handle female warriors being real, literally hundreds of examples across the world that some women are just better than you. I mean do you even have to look past the fact that 50% of every god in a pagan mythology is female? Don't you notice the amount of bow/spear wielding female deities? Its almost like women during ancient times knew how to use dextrous weapons to level the playing field. It's almost like speed alone can win you a fight with weapons. No one said women were the greatest warriors, or even that they can be competent most of the time, but that's why the ones we read about are called legends
>>
>>51113048
>Invented new things should be subject to the same standards as things that already exist

Women already exist, dragons do not. I will accept dragons doing whatever as long as they're more or less related to their traditional depictions.
>>
>>51113048

They can be legendary warriors but they're not going toe-to-toe with Arnold Schwarzenegger and winning in a fair fight.
>>
>>51113414
Kind of.

There were actually a whole bunch of people at the time claiming to be the Messiah. Each of them had their own tales of miracles and wonders that they had performed. Jesus of Nazareth was likely one of them.

He attacked the money-changers at the temple, which constituted blasphemy, and a common punishment for blasphemy was crucifixion.
>>
>>51113048

If Scáthach is good enough to teach Cú Chulainn how to be a raving lunatic monster of death and horror on the battlefield, that's good enough for me.
>>
>>51113453
Only correct answer.
>>
>>51114033
>bow
>a weapon that does not require significant amount of strength to use

Choose 1, m8.
>>
>>51113273
>if she was real at all

We literally have her trial act and letters wrote by her.
>>
>>51114025
>And there is plenty of evidence that, yes, there were female Norse warriors (and neither I nor the source am saying there were not)
>>
>>51114083
They don't, I've shot bows with my sister, she can fire them the same as me, and I'm 6'3 240 lbs to her 5'8 130lbs.

In fact some bows are specifically designed to not require lots of pull back, do you even mongol?
>>
>>51113414
Not really. There are no Roman records of a Jesus of Nazareth from that period and some scholars suspect several historical sources may be interpolations by later copiers of the works.

Scholars widely agree in a historical Jesus but have little to no proof.
>>
>>51114143
War bows are very different from modern target-shooting bows you fucking doobert.
>>
>>51113401
She was awful and literally is only famous due to modern british nationalism, but killing yourself wasn't seen as cowardly at the time. Don't apply modern ethics to old people.
>>
>>51113414
No, there's academic consensus, which is a different thing.
>>
>>51113361

Women are magical, though...
>>
>>51114206
We shot wooden bows too, before we go any further in this argument tho, have you ever shot a bow? Because if you haven't shot one and are just talkng out your ass, then my 5'8 130 lbs little sister is a better marksman than you, and I would choose to have her cover me instead of some cuck that's never fired a weapon
>>
>>51113400

All Atalanta did was run fast.
>>
>>51113048
Suspension of disbelief gets easier the further you go from the audience's everyday experience. It's not a linear scale as you imply, where X is less realistic than Y therefore we should accept Y, it's quite the opposite. The more familiar something is to the audience, the more jarring it is to the audience when it does the impossible.
Dragons (as defined in a generic fantasy setting, not Komodo dragons or whatever) clearly don't exist, so they can have whatever silly properties the author wants and we don't think too hard about it. Who are we to say what a dragon is and isn't?
Women clearly do exist, and we are all familiar with what they are and aren't, so they are grounded. If there's a fictional story where women don't function like real women, then that immediately stands out to us and needs an explanation, however weak it may be.
Or if you prefer an explanation through example, it's generally assumed that people die when they are killed. We know that cutting a man's head off is sure to kill him. Now that might not be true in a fictional setting, but if it just happens with no explanation or precedent, it's going to look silly. Do people not always die that way in this fictional world? Was there something special about the man that allowed him to survive? It's not enough to say "dragons can fly so shut up", because we're not talking about dragons or flying.
This is why fantasy stories can be criticized for plot holes where apparently sane human characters make self-defeating choices for no reason. Human beings are the most familiar thing, so we have the most expectations in that regard, and any incongruity is especially jarring. Bad writing doesn't get a free pass in a world where dragons exist.
But you already knew all that and this thread is bait.
>>
>>51113478
That was after destroying one legion and burning most of the Roman cities.
>>
>>51113453
Good post
>>
>>51113940
>He definitely wasn't white

Hello /pol/. Sorry, Semites are white, even Arabs.
>>
>>51113618
Literally every other filthy barbarian chief glorified by modern european nationalism is better than Boudica, from Vercingetorix to Viriatus. Even Arminius who was a fag and got raped the second he faced a competent commander has more merit.
>>
>>51114143
There's a bit of a difference between a 20-40 pound bow like what you likely used and the 90+ pound bows that people used in warfare, and no, there's no way to get around basic physics, not even the mythical Mongol bows which just had a shorter draw.
>>
>>51114363
Again, no one is arguing that she was good. But what about the other hundreds of thousands of men at the time that didn't have the balls to defy rome
>>
>>51114388
So your argument is that a woman cannot fire a bow with a 90 lb pull? I'm certain that YouTube would prove that theory false
>>
>>51114442
Not with any speed and not without years of training they can't. Most trick shooters use 40 pound or less bows.
>>
>>51114388
Hell, tiny ass Japanese chick's can fire samurai bows, I think you and the rest of tg are analy btfo cause there are women alive today that could whoop your ass
>>
>>51113048
>he can accept nude barbarians (male)
>he cannot accept nude barbarians (female)
>>
>>51114543
>tiny ass Japanese chick's can fire samurai bows,
Hardly surprising considering how most modern yumis have draw weight around 30 pounds.
>>
>>51114065
>He attacked the money-changers at the temple, which constituted blasphemy, and a common punishment for blasphemy was crucifixion.

Pretty much no part of that sentence is correct.

"Blasphemy" by Jewish law, was a pretty rigid crime, involving cursing the name of God. Beating up a money lender is not in fact blasphemous. (Sanhedrin, 7:5)

The punishment for blasphemy, if it occurs, is death by stoning, as laid out in Leviticus 24:10-23

Crucifixion plays no part in the Jewish legal system; it is a Roman punishment, and the Romans didn't execute people for blasphemous utterances of oriental religions.

Jesus, if a historical Jesus existed, was almost certainly crucified for his political upheaval, not any blasphemy.
>>
>>51114330
Get your bait out of here. There are multiple definitions of "white", not all of which are congruent with "Caucasian", and you know full well which one he was using and what he intended to convey.
>>
>>51114442
>So your argument is that a woman cannot fire a bow with a 90 lb pull?
V ery unlikely 90lb and not 160lb English longbows in a lifetime, I suggest reading book on human biology or look at Olympic games if you don't understand that male and female bodies are different. I swear people on /tg/ become more and more ignorant with each year
>>
>>51114033
>Muh feminist pagans

But in every mythological (pagan is an outdated term) pantheon, men are firmly in charge.
>>
>>51114143

Anon, pre-XX centuries bows aren't really what you and I have might have used in archery. And penetrating a knight's armor isn't like catching a straw target.

ESPECIALLY longbows. Yeomen had skeleton deformed by how much that shit was hard.

>and no, japanese kyuudo nowdays doesn't exactly require you to penetrate fucking armour, though the actual bow is more or less a direct evolution of ancient compostie asian bows

>>51114283

Do you even Ovid anon? She killed the centaurs that tried to rape her, instead of crying to be transformed into some shitty plant like apparently was the fad in the myths.
She's CANONICALLY one the biggest hellenic heroes, like Odysseus or the Dioscuri.
(think it's Ovid, whatever)

>>51114292

Taking our world to criticize fictional "female empowering" this way doesn't make sense. Fermale soldiers in war roles are pretty much a thing. Hell, even organized crime isn't really a male-only thing now.
>>
>>51114074

Fucking a godwitch levels you up fast, it doesn't mean she was good with a spear outside Type Moon animes.
>>
>>51114622
Well, all right. I wasn't 100% sure on all of my facts there, and this all seems quite possible.
>>
>>51114033
>Its almost like women during ancient times knew how to use dextrous weapons to level the playing field. It's almost like speed alone can win you a fight with weapons.

But men are, on average, faster than women as well as stronger. Besides, moving a weapon quickly very much depends on the amount of force you can apply to it, which in turn depends on having larger muscles.

Just look at the difference between male and female tennis players. Tennis is mostly a game of speed, alertness, reflexes and skill, but men still absolutely dominate women in mixed gender matches.

> No one said women were the greatest warriors, or even that they can be competent most of the time, but that's why the ones we read about are called legends

Sure, but 'legendary warrior' in context implies 'equal to warriors considered legendary' not 'legendary for being slightly above average despite a huge handicap'.

With the way that ability is generally distributed among populations, it's hugely unlikely that any of the best in a physical field are going to be women. You only need to shift the average a little to make the one-in-a-million outliers into one-in-a-billion.

>>51114292

Good post, anon. Shame it's wasted on this thread.
>>
>>51114272
>Wooden bows

Six foot longbows with finger-thick war arrows? There is no such thing as a Dex weapon in real life.
>>
>>51114749
>400-490 Newton (90-110 pound) draw weight maximum
You understand it's still not all that hard for a woman to draw back that much weight?
>>
>>51114626

The one where Semites are white when they do bad things and are precious PoCs when they're good? You posted a white guy, I've seen darker Meds in my own family and I'm fucking Italian.
>>
>>51114409

They didn't kill themselves after failing.
>>
>>51114852
I''m latino and that guys is darker than me, that doesn't make me white.
>>
>>51114033
>I mean do you even have to look past the fact that 50% of every god in a pagan mythology is female?
Yeah it's true, in Greek mythology we've got Boss Lightning, War, Literally All The Oceans, and Making Shit on the male side, and on the female side, Smoking Hot Babe, Housewife, Virgin, and For Some Reason Hearth Specifically Like Housewife Wasn't Enough. That's definitely 50-50, and yet, something seems... not... quite...
>>
>MUH MALE POWERS the thread

Again? really?
>>
>>51114442

Not your waif sister.
>>
>>51113048
Dragons are powerful and old magical beings.

Women are just weaker men.
>>
>>51114662

That's not totally true. Egypt is KINDA female-friendly in its pantheon, which interestingly reflects the fact in these times Greece was heavily more sexist (in the real society, I mean).

>>51114737

Women apparently have less problem resisitng some kinds of fatigue, but I don't see many roleplayers give them a lot of Cos.
>>
>>51113048
Cry more.
>>
>>51114894
no, it's MUH FEMALE POWERLESS the thread and yes, till the time ends
>>
>>51113453
That's not how bell curves work.
>>
>women
>(((warriors)))
>>
>>
>>
So what you arm chair warriors are saying is, women can use weapons that are fit to function for them, kind of like how men do the exact same thing. I swear tg gets more autistic with each passing day
>>
>>
>>
>>51113453
exceptional man is stronger than exceptional woman, therefore female PC would be in strength between average man and PC man
>>
>>
>>51114749
Are you trying to say that only English longbows can kill people?
>>
>>
>>51113048
That's because DnD shat on martial PCs
>>
>>
>>51114749
>There is no such thing as a Dex weapon in real life.
Swords and spears and the like require Dex, atleast as much but probably more than strength.

Guns are almost purely Dex weapons.
>>
>>
>>
>>51115002
Not all PCs are based on strength. A female PC could be the strongest person in a party if the rest of the party are casters and rogues.
>>
>>51114662
Of course men are in charge, that doesn't mean the female gods are useless. How many times did ares get btfo by Athena? No one fucks with Zeus, sure
>>
>>
>>51114363
>They're better because they're men!
>What's begging the question?
>>
>>51114852
What the fuck are you going on about? I can't tell if you're a /pol/fag or the opposite but you seem triggered as hell all the same. All the guy meant was that Jesus most likely didn't look like a wavy-haired Slavic or Germanic like he's usually portrayed.
>>
>>51113048
I just don't understand why people get mad at other people for allowing women warriors in their fantasy games. It seems like the pinnacle of autism.
>>
So I get that men in average are stronger than women, but why does that mean that women can be legendary warriors?
>>
>>51115085
Because it's not realistic. Meanwhile humans can learn to shoot fireballs from their hands.
>>
>>51114841

Is that what your sister shot? A six foot warbow?
>>
>>51115085
because there will be so many men of same and higher strength as hers that she will be pushed into not-so-legendary warrior territory
>>
>>51115144
But she has tits.
>>
>>51114977
>you arm chair warriors
No, SCA and HEMA background, including teaching/sparring/observing women.

>women can use weapons that are fit to function for them, kind of like how men do the exact same thing.
This is an idea that you made up out of wholecloth, you mong. There's literally no weapon that's more or equally fit for a woman than for a man. Any weapon you care to name, men can handle it better. This is because men are evolved to fight and women are not, and a thing called the principle of parsimony means you only develop those traits you need.
Women literally involved stuff that makes men want to fuck them and take care of them instead, like tits, which besides the nipple have literally no use at all except make men want to fuck women.

>>51115026
>Swords and spears and the like require Dex, atleast as much but probably more than strength.
Haha no.
>>
>>51114530
haven't posted in thread before, but I'd just like to add that there are plenty of examples of 200 pound+ bows, and considering the height of historic people, this is rather amazing. Various times though history. especially speaking about european history, 150 pound bows were just about the military standard. Add the fact that bows do not use the muscle groups used for pretty much any other normal working or fighting activities, not to mention all the accuracy training required (yes you need accuracy to fire off volleys at the appropriate ranges and make decent use of your bow) and you realize no matter what, you need many years of training to be a competent military bowman.
>>
>>51113361
The problem is people thinking of magic in terms of "spells that a caster such as a Wizard can cast" rather than simply anything supernatural that could not occur in a mundane world.
A barbarian's rage grants them power beyond what conventional logic would allow, therefore it is supernatural, although there are many that still do not classify it as magic.
Similarly, a high level martial warrior capable of slicing solid rock apart or hurling a sword several miles may not be able to cast spells, but this does not preclude them from having supernatural capabilities.
>>
>>51115153
okay, we can create women only league of warriors were they will be ranked only against each other
>>
>>51115137
I'm not that same anon. I'm just informing you that drawing back 90-110 pounds is pretty manageable.

>>51115144
Legendary warriors are determined by circumstances and determination, and there are ten million ways to overcome the handicap of less upper body strength.

If you don't accept it with women, would you accept it with "older men beating younger men in a sword fight"? Or is that impossible, because the younger man can bench press more?
>>
File: 138243958936.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
138243958936.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>check ranger's favored enemy
>''women''
>>
>>51115197
>Or is that impossible, because the younger man can bench press more?

Yes, that is.
>>
>>51114886

Hispanics are actually technically white, hence why "non-hispanic white" is a thing. You're a cracker bro.
>>
>>51115240
And yet that thing you claim is impossible has happened countless times.
>>
>>51115239
>>check ranger's favored enemy
>>"patriarchy"
>>wonder how what works
>>it's bonus vs Illusions and Constructs
>>
File: 1481433380642.jpg (33KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481433380642.jpg
33KB, 960x960px
>>51115155
>fantasy setting
>evolution
I bet your creation myths aren't even rooted in truth.
>>
>>51115252
You better not be implying that Iberians and other Mediterraneans are white.
>>
>>51115252
Hispanic isn't the same things as Latino. People from Spain are hispanic, but not Latino. People from Brazil are Latino, but not hispanic.
>>
>>51115072

Everyone knows he wasn't a thin-faced Aryan, but he was Semitic (white), not black. There are more whites than Germans and Scandinavians you dumb fuck.
>>
>>51115297
>fantasy setting
The guy I was responding to was clearly talking about the capabilities of real women in the actual world.

Personally I'm just amazed there are so many people on 4chan who are obsessed enough with their biological-reality-denying ideology to get angry at a thread.
>>
>>51115155
>thinking weapons are designed for gender
>calling me the autistic one
I was talking about the size of the weapon. If asians weren't all manlets they would have used heavy European style great swords instead of 5 lb katanas
>>
>>51115309
>my definition of white is the only definition of white
Like I said earlier, put your bait away. The original anon was perfectly clear about what he meant and you're just here to stir up shit.
>>
>>51115155
>Women literally involved [sic] stuff that makes men want to fuck them and take care of them instead, like tits, which besides the nipple have literally no use at all except make men want to fuck women.
Good God, man. Take a class in evolutionary anthropology before you try to act like an expert.
>>
>>51115309
Tbh turko-slavic rapebabies and mixture of snowniggers and plain old niggers is pretty shitty standard for whiteness.
>>
>>51115288

Well, evidently so have women fighters, and nobody believes <that>, so why should anybody believe <you>?
>>
>>51114917

That explains why Greece became the bedrock of civilization and Egypt got rekt by every army that came along.
>>
>>51115155
On the internet, no one knows you have a degenerative bone disease
>>
>>51115197
>Legendary warriors are determined by circumstances and determination, and there are ten million ways to overcome the handicap of less upper body strength.
And it's very likely that man would finish that legendary task before this exceptional woman does thus taking legendary status for himself. Of course if there is no man nearby to do it, it probably was not legendary task afterall
>>
>>51115343
Where in >>51114977 is there mention of "real women in the actual world"?
>>
So who wins guys? 100 physically fit female soldiers or 100 tg arm chair warriors? The girls all have combat experience, and only half of tg's finest have type 2 diabetes. No weapons allowed, just physical fighting. Average size of the female soldiers is 5'6 125 lbs, average size of the tg keyboard immortals is 6'0 200 lbs (of fat)
>>
>>51114409
The "other thousands of men" didn't get a choice since they were not in positions of power. Those who were did have the balls. Viriatus, Vercingetorix, Mithridates VI, Jugurtha, the whole population of Numantia (where mothers killed their sons so they would not be roman slaves, now THAT's a woman showing balls). And more. "Having the balls to defy Rome" wasn't an uncommon thing at all, it happened constantly.

>>51115058
>They're better because they're men!

Who are you quoting? Viriatus, who was only stopped by the romans by assasination, would not be worst if he had been a woman. If he had been a man, Boudica would still be the worst glorified barbarian chief an european nation can have.
>>
>>51115352
>That explains why Greece became the bedrock of civilization

Being Roman & Turks' bitches does not equal being the very bedrock of western civilization.
>>
>>51115350
The reason that people don't believe in women fighters is because those people are misinformed and in hardcore denial, and they want to preserve their fragile egos because they think that no matter how much of a failure they are at least they're better than women, amirite?

I was hoping that since those people will likely become old men one day, they would be able to realize the folly of their line of reasoning, since then their egos aren't at risk. Clearly, I gave them too much credit.

>>51115396
C'mon, man. I'm usually pretty easy to bait and this is too obvious even for me.
>>
>>51115444
most of /tg/ are wizards so its realistic that they will win
>>
>>51115476
Don't you know that women get +5 to all their spell saves?
>>
>>51115444
>checked
>>
>>51115444
You might be surprised but I put on /tg/ finest team, mass is very important part and with 125lbs you have almost no chance of winning against 200lbs, not only that the height disparity makes me even more inclined to put money of neckbeard team
>>
>>51115463
>Implying shoehorning femfighters into everything isn't an ego thing for women, even though it clearly doesn't help.
>>
>>51115516
Punching fat doesn't even hurt, man. Just keep wailing on their guts and you win.
>>
>>51115541
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn3aogIYYIU

Plus the neckbeards all have katanas
>>
>>51115352

Actually, Egypt has a pretty badass record at eating invaders' armies, somehow on Russia's levels.
>>
>>51115533
It's not shoehorning at all. It's just recognizing that female hunters, warriors, and rebels already existed throughout history.
>>
>>51115541
it's hard to punch something that has more reach than you
>>
>>51115589
Wow you have no idea how numbers work
>>
>>51115589
They did, but they were less common, because of genetics. If female fighters are as common as male fighters in a setting, the rules of that world are clearly different.
>>
>>51115604
Something sluggish with no experience fighting?
>>
>>51115194
>A barbarian's rage grants them power beyond what conventional logic would allow
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2104495/Fueled-love-adrenaline-Teen-15-lifts-2-000lb-Buick-grandfather-fell-him.html

Our world doesn't even follow its' own internal logic, so by your logic anything people can due in the 'Real World' that most people normally can't is supernatural.
>>
>>51115627
Yes. The rules are different inasmuch as armies were willing to recruit women as soldiers.

>>51115621
>It's not shoehorning to stop pretending that people who existed didn't exist
>Somehow, "Wow you have no idea how numbers work" is a response to that
>>
>>51115627
>fantasy setting
>various forms of monsters and dragons exist
>to survive humanity needs extremely skilled wizards, warriors with enchanted weapons, and the help of the gods with clerics/saints/ect to manifest their power
>rather than tribes and later civilizations just needing regular, widely common military force with decent training in numbers, and large capability for breeding.
>>
>>51115668
if you only weight 125 lbs and he has 5" over you? Yes. I wouldn't put money on /tg/ if anon didn't make them all 6'0" 200 lb guys
>>
File: jqavlkgd.png (73KB, 1197x853px) Image search: [Google]
jqavlkgd.png
73KB, 1197x853px
>live in a country that practices universal male conscription
>females get to volunteer if they want to serve
>one would think that this means that the women who get in would be eager and motivated to serve
>nope, they are either all goldbricks or mp hitler wannabes
>>
>>51115770
Where are all skeletal basement dwellers and ugly midgets? We can't all be tall mountains of lard here.
>>
>>51115307

Hold your horses fellow men!

Ethnicity is very different between the many "Latino" countries. The characteristics you will find in Porto Rico, Colombia, Brasil, and Spain are so different between them that only american racists would put them together in the same group.

Also, "there is no true white man".

The debate about who is truly white is specific to the USA and some nazi groups.
>>
>>51115770
200 lb fat guys, half of which have type 2 diabetes. If the girls simply outrun them for a while, half the tg army will drop from low levels of insulin, now it's 50 vs 100
>>
>>51115770
A firm kick into the groin can quite reliably disable even a considerable larger man.
As does sluggish punch into the tits.
So the rundown of the encounter, like many encounters in history, big and small alike did, would boil down who start fighting dirty first.
>>
>>51115835
Mostly because Europeans aren't stupid enough to put slavs, balts, iberians and anglos in the same ethnic group.
>>
>>51115722
And you don't know what shoehorning is if you think that any of your horseshit is accurate numerical representation.
>>
>>51115884
The problem here is that fatsos' balls will be hidden under a protective layer of fat tissue.
>>
>>51115155
>>Swords and spears and the like require Dex, atleast as much but probably more than strength.
But that's true. Strength has its uses, but you don't have to be that strong to kill someone with a melee weapon.
>>
>>51115923
6ft 200lbs man will not have enough flab for effective shielding. 300 lbs man might.
>>
>>51115864
>If the girls simply outrun them for a while, half the tg army will drop from low levels of insulin
Probably, but if the better half of /tg/ army would capture weakest link of females that were lagging behind it would force all women to fight on tgs turf or leave their few to fate worse than death
>>
File: 1420318986410.jpg (90KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
1420318986410.jpg
90KB, 500x710px
>fictional female warriors aren't viable but dragons are because dragons can be anything in a fictional setting whereas human sexual dimorphism has to be exactly the same as real life
>t. autists and neckbeards

>fictional female warriors are viable because female warriors in real life are viable, see, look at these paltry shitty examples that work against my point
>t. deluded and wrong

Female warriors are perfectly reasonable as a fantasy or polite fiction, but you're an idiot if you think they're anything more than such.
>>
>>51113048
Legendary implies the tone of an heroic age and last time I checked women didn't do shit to change the status quos of heroic ages and were sold as slaves at every port on the water.
>>
>>51115055
>>
>>51113334
Jokes on you, I have a knife.
>>
>>51116051
>makes a point about female warriors not being realistic irl
>posts a picture of a girl beating a boy at wrestling
>>
>>51116069
So were a lot of men, your point?
>>
>>51116118
The men actually fought
>>
>>51113334
>She just needs to be able to beat the average bandit/goblin to be a warrior of prowess
the thread was about legendary warriors, legend needs to defeat more than golbin
>>
>>51115891

Yes. It is very irritating this frequent discussion about who or what is white. It doesn't matter in front of other ethnic characteristics. Not that I'm saying that besides some phenotype considerations there is any relevant differences, but the white/asian/latino/black demography split is very stupid.
>>
If when the dragon comes the women and children are sent to the shelters first, you can shut the fuck up about your fake ass verisimilitude.
>>
>>51114889
well, to be fair, Athena was also a goddess of war
>>
>>51116198
Except she's a god of strategy, not the actual fighting part you rube
>>
>>51113048
Well, I can accept that
>>
File: 1420334932155.jpg (641KB, 677x2422px) Image search: [Google]
1420334932155.jpg
641KB, 677x2422px
>>51116092
I haven't made any point; I'm just making an assertion. I'd've posted this if I wanted to make a point.
>>
>>51116208
that's also true
>>
>>51116074
Nice shitty photoshop
>>
File: salad guy drinking tea.jpg (135KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
salad guy drinking tea.jpg
135KB, 682x1023px
>>51114033
>Its almost like women during ancient times knew how to use dextrous weapons to level the playing field.

>he actually belives in "he's bigger and stronger but I'm faster" meme
>>
>>51116208
There's a story out there where she easily beat Ares in a fight.
>>
>>51116329
Muh anecdote in fiction
>>
File: 1094824801880.jpg (86KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
1094824801880.jpg
86KB, 800x535px
>>51116302
What are you talking about, Anon?
>>
>>51116208
Soldiers win battles, generals win wars.

Athena > Ares when you're actually directing a military campaign.
>>
>>51113824
she was good at it. She had amazing clairvoyance for a French Peasant girl and was a simple girl with tactical prowess and a drive to clean up the act of the French troops.
Her downfall actually came because she didn't listen to her instict which I will call nothing short of divine revelation on behalf of the royalty.
>>
>>51116364
And yet, you still miss the point of the fucking thread, which is the word 'warrior.
>>
>>51116355
CUTE
>>
>>51116305
Not a meme for anything except fisticuffs.
>>
>>51116389
I just got here.

But depending on the definition a warrior could be a strategist rather than someone to crosses blades.
>>
>>51116329
Because Athena and Ares are symbols of respective city states and they loved talking shit about each other.

Look, I'm all for fantasy women warriors in fiction.

But people need to stop this deluded idea that Women are able to hold their own against men in combat.

The differences are just staggering.

>>51116370
Joan D'arc was a Religious figurehead that reignited the french fighting spirit after the papacy refused to tell the English to stop buttfucking France.

Ironically, she was then legally burned at the stake for heresy because she claimed an English Saint came to her in a vision speaking french to kill all the english, The English gave a trail and literally brought it down to "Stop wearing men's clothes and we can let you go"

Joan D'arc is ironically the biggest farce in history.
>>
>>51116433
Fucking no one defines it that way you lingual failure.
>>
>>51116433
Except that's fucking wrong you moron. In fact it's the opposite.

Warrior is used as the purely physical combatant, while soldier refers to professionalism.

Vikings were skilled Warriors, but piss poor soldiers.
>>
>>51116472
>Vikings were skilled Warriors, but piss poor soldiers.
Vikings were neither and could only defeat monks or peasants in a raid
>>
>>51116497
>I have never read the viking histories and believe memes
>>
>>51116497
Except the Vikings won many battles, mostly on battle-prowess because they lacked many tactical talents.

If they were poor Warriors, we'd simply not have all the tales and the imagery of them being these cruel powerful warriors from across the sea and the Varangian guard wouldn't be compose of Norsemen and Saxons.
>>
>>51116443
She was put on a rigged court that the English staffed entirely with English cardinals which was against proper trial procedings. The English had nothing on her so bullshitted and burned her alive because they wanted her dead. They burned her multiple times and threw her ashes in the river so bo relics could be retrieved from her remains. Her executioner even admitted he feared he was damned for killing a saint. later at Joans mothers request the Pope caught wind and excommunicated a bunch of the English fucks for performing a mistrial and killing a saint.
>>
File: cropped-joan-of-arc.jpg (356KB, 1600x935px) Image search: [Google]
cropped-joan-of-arc.jpg
356KB, 1600x935px
I have no problem with female warriors existing, but prefer them to be uncommon and for women to be more inclined to the roles that, in the case of fantasy, they were probably literally made for. If society is stricter on the morals ground due to gods being easy to contact, then they're often looked down on if they don't have some kind of pass from a god (being a paladin, chosen one, or a war priest) and that probably should be played out not just in setting notes. They should still less common than men on the battlefield and if a nation dips too much into their use it suffers from a difficulty in recovering it's population and a lot of children left being raised without enough guidance: they'd probably be more last resort than not. The world still should have consequences and on average they're not built for war with the same form they have in reality. I honestly can't recall many mythical female warriors I'd call legendary, but would love to know some. Generally speaking women don't tend to be able to reach the same physical heights as men but it's literally fantasy where men reach beyond those heights anyways. Pic related wasn't known for her combat skill so much as her zeal but this is the closest I know to what I'd call legendary. Also it's better if it's a player character than a background NPC without some context and build up. It depends on the fantasy setting: if it's got the mindset of the world before the french revolution, then it's different from a modern mindset but with magic instead of tech kind of setting. Honestly the later sounds less interesting but easier to get into so it's a trade.
>>
Mongolian women were proven archers and swordmasters. also they still do their cool wrestling thing in Winter. saw it on national geographic. Those girls could fuck some dudes up.
>>
>>51116563
>we'd simply not have all the tales and the imagery of them being these cruel powerful warriors from across the sea
Tales were there because they killed defenseless people, name ONE(1) battle they won
>>
>>51116582
>papists burning other papists
>a bad thing
>>
>>51116582
>The English had nothing on her
>She claimed an English Saint was telling her through visions to commit genocide on the English

You know, the trail was documented perfectly right? The English literally made the plea "Just stop wearing those male clothes and chanting about killing the English

She was burned for Heresy. She was made a Saint on Popularity seeing as she did not perform three miracles.
>>
File: 235267.b.jpg?mtime=1461748393.jpg (104KB, 413x620px) Image search: [Google]
235267.b.jpg?mtime=1461748393.jpg
104KB, 413x620px
>>51116673
this desu senpai
>>
>>51113048
>i accept one unrealistic thing
>now i must accept every unrealistic thing
fuck off
>>
>>51116639
>I have no problem with female warriors existing, but prefer them to be uncommon and for women to be more inclined to the roles that, in the case of fantasy, they were probably literally made for

See, that's why you're wrong. If something exists or existed in real world, then its fantasy depiction must be every bit as true-to-life as the actual account.

Woman fighters could have existed in real life, but didn't since women are universally shit at fighting compared to men. Since the set of women fighters in real life was 0, so too should be the number of women fighters in fantasy settings.

This is unlike something which <can't> exist in real life. The amount of magic and number of dragons in real life isn't 0, it's [null set]. Therefore they can be treated however the setting creator desires, unlike women.
>>
>>51113048
I just can't believe an anime slut can be a legendary warrior, not every woman.
>>
>>51116649
Siege of Paris.

I mean realistically, if we're going to bang on the Vikings for being shit Warriors, we need to do the same for the Franks, who proceeded to butcher their Pagan Saxon neighbors who had little in the way of Armies and were not the Warriors they became later on.
>>
>>51116715
>flying lizards make more sense to me than warmaidens

There have actually been legendary warrior women, dumbass.
>>
>>51113585
This.

I mean, the Greeks were good warriors and they sucked mad dick and fucked each other in the ass an everything.
>>
>>51115291
KEKs
about
40 of
them
>>
>>51116790

Can't prove a negative, genius.
>>
>>51116029
>leave their few to fate worse than death
There's not going to be hand holding is there? Some of us do have standards, you know.
>>
>>51116790
Yes and you can tell because they all show up in the same stories as the ones with the dragons griffons gorgons sirens harpies centaurs dark elves and goblins.
>>
>>51116805

Why is your post in the past tense?

But yeah, otherwise,good point.
>>
>>51116763
>Siege of Paris.
>siege of the city that probably had no soldier beside small militia
the fierce killers of townfolk, the horror!
>>
File: pteranodonSD.jpg (35KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
pteranodonSD.jpg
35KB, 640x427px
>>51116790
We have way more evidence of flying lizards than warmaidens you dumb cunt.
>>
File: 1423698226008.jpg (89KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
1423698226008.jpg
89KB, 625x469px
>>51114980
On the offchance that there's actually a woman in this thread, would you need boob cups in your armor like that? I mean even a woman with a huge set shouldn't really need boob cups like this to fit, right? Or maybe a hit would slide off of a circle better?
>>
>>51116854
>Captial City of the Franks
>No soldiers

So basically, we'll list any victories the Vikings had and you'll go

>NOT VICTORY HELPLESS WOMEN AND CHILDREN

What about the Danelaw? Normandy? The Occupation of Ireland?
>>
>>51116883
>that pic
You're a sick bastard, you know that?
>>
>>51116736
By that logic if humanity exists in fantasy it must be true to life humanity must have evolved, which doesn't follow in fantasy.

Fighters who push beyond their physical strength should be rare: Magic strength beyond the norm is something that should be rare and so women being as common as men as warriors should not be unless women are depicted with a different physical build than reality, in which case there's no conflict but I'd like to see the social consequences of women being built for combat elaborated on properly.
>>
I find 'happens to be a genetic outlier' sufficient given all the weird fantasy interbreeding shit that goes on.
>>
>>51116854
The Viking occupation of Ireland could be seen pretty easily as a Viking win against Warriors until their eventually expulsion.

They Ironically are the people who built the first city on Ireland.
>>
>>51116895
there are no accounts of how many soldiers were present in the city, meanwhile Ragnar had ~5000 of his soldiers. Show me ONE(1) battle were they faced at least army with same strength and won
>>
>>51115345
but that isn't true.
they used katanas because they had shit iron and very little of it. This is also why their armor was wood.
>>
File: 1453134650536.jpg (97KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1453134650536.jpg
97KB, 876x493px
>>51116864

Joan of Arc and Boudicca are the famous two, but come the fuck on with this bait.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_ancient_warfare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_post-classical_warfare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_warfare_(1500-1699)
>>
>>51113048
Because they can't
>>
>>51116688
you do realize miracles come after death through intercession.
>>
>>51116983
We've already established that their contributions aren't fucking marshal you idiot.
>>
File: armor.jpg (3MB, 2832x2634px) Image search: [Google]
armor.jpg
3MB, 2832x2634px
>>51116883
You tell me, anon.
>>
>>51116946
Viking battles in Ireland and Scotland easily.

Oh wait, this is where you claim they don't count and that small Warrior bands of raiders fighting off people of equal size doesn't count because your autistic hateboner for Vikings borders on the pathetic.

Know what buddy? I'll level with you. Romans, Greeks, Franks.

They were all shit at fighting. They lost more fights than they won, Being a good empire and good soldiers is turning those Losses around and winning the Important fights.

Warriors are about Martial strength, the prowess, and Germanics and Norse showed that in spades because the Med fuccbois never conquered past the softer lands of Northern Europe.
>>
>>51117006
>her Miracles were all done in france and completely inane shit that is easily forged.

Joan of Arc is Propaganda at it's finest, so much so the real hero for the French is overlooked forever.
>>
>>51113414
No solid evidence.
The "general consensus" that he existed is essentially based on the continued exclamation from apologists that it does paired with the general "we genuinely don't care" from everyone else. Generally he could well have, but there just isn't anything solid to say about it. There also could have been a man in 320BC in China named Jesus. Who the fuck knows.
>>
>>51117006
She didn't even get her two miracles for Canonization.

She was literally made a Saint to appease French Socialists.
>>
>>51117014
>>51116818

"The great equalizer for those peoples was the domestication of horses and the invention of horse riding, followed by the perfection of the Scythian bow, which is smaller and very powerful. If you think about it, a woman on a horse with a bow, trained since childhood, can be just as fast and as deadly as a boy or man."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141029-amazons-scythians-hunger-games-herodotus-ice-princess-tattoo-cannabis/

"During that year, amid heavy fighting between the two fronts, Muslims besieged Tortosa after a withdrawal of Berenguer. In the absence of men to defend the city, women joined the fight, dressing as men[1] and attacking with hatchets and anything else they could lay their hands on. They successfully repelled the attackers."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Hatchet

" Byzantine historian John Skylitzes records that women fought in battle when Sviatoslav I of Kiev attacked the Byzantines in Bulgaria in 971. When the Varangians (not to be confused with the Byzantine Varangian Guard) had suffered a devastating defeat in the Siege of Dorostolon, the victors were stunned at discovering armed women among the fallen warriors."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shieldmaiden#Historical_accounts

Female warriors existed. There's nothing weird about them popping up in a fantasy setting.
>>
>This entire thread
Just two weeks and /pol/ will finally fuck off from other boards than their fucking hugbox...
>>
>>51117182
It sounds like Female Warriors exist only when there is an absence of male Warriors though.
>>
>>51117037

That is some pathetic fetish armor right there. what self-respecting armorsmith would make something like that?
>>
>>51117223
Yes, and?
Your average fantasy land is literally drowned with manly men fighting with just about everything, so what's your fucking point or problem?!
>>
>>51117102
>>her Miracles were [...] completely inane shit that is easily forged.
You mean like every miracle ever?
>>
File: 1476105392064.png (144KB, 594x530px) Image search: [Google]
1476105392064.png
144KB, 594x530px
>>51113219
>Joan of Arc
>Legendary warrior
How often will I have to correct people on this?
JOAN. NEVER. FOUGHT. EVER.
It was part of her principles and her saintly image: she was very agressive in her leadership (her strategy 9/10 times was "attack with lots of canons") but she abhorred the act of killing. The only time she wielded her sword (which according to the legends was the same sword Charles Martel used to remove kebab) was when she smacked a prostitute over the head with the flat side so hard it broke. That's not really a warrior thing to do.
>>
>>51117208
and what will stay?
>>
>>51117255
>smacked a prostitute over the head with the flat side so hard it broke
The prostitute or the sword?
>>
>>51117274
The sword, though I imagine that a blow hard enough to break a sword doesn't exactly leave behind a happy prostitute.
>>
>>51117251
I'm not against fighting wimmins in fantasy.

But Actual real life fighting women very much seem like acts of desperation than any valor.
>>
File: 1387420918237.jpg (14KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
1387420918237.jpg
14KB, 252x240px
>>51117182
>female honorific order
>Order of the Hatchet
you can't make this shit up
>>
>>51117253
Yeah, but her last two came in 1920 specifically because the Vatican wanted better relations to France.

I mean what is she the Saint of? Mostly Zealotry and blind faith, because Historically, she was a Crazed figurehead.

Hell, her Second trail dismissed the first trail "Because they can't be Impartial" because they were English. While they were French.
>>
>>51117255
I don't get different thing.

You have a female COMMANDER running a fucking ARMY. This somehow invalidates the concept of female warrior, because as a CO they don't fight directly. Why the fuck they should, if they have an army following them?!
And we are not talking about some strategist sitting in a bunker on another hemisphere, but a combat officer.

But obviously "this doesn't count". Like fucking always. This is a fucking broken record. People post examples? Those doesn't count. Different examples? They didn't fight directly, doesn't count either.
What's the fucking problem with having a bunch of women fighting in a fantasy game that devoted 85% (or more) or rules to combat?! Why the fuck it's so fucking hard for some people to swallow?
>>
>>51117290
... and?

Are you going anywhere with this?
>>
>>51116432
Nigger, bigger body>more muscles>more speed, if we're not talking about fat fucks obviously. You'd literally have more muscles to move your body parts faster. A bigger person also gets more reach, because of longer arms and height. This is why everything from fencing to other sports has gender separation.
>>
File: 1431833379322.jpg (52KB, 497x533px) Image search: [Google]
1431833379322.jpg
52KB, 497x533px
>>51113048
>Changing a famous mythological figure to a woman just so you can have her involved in hot dickings
>same as allowing dragons to fly
>>
>>51117322
She didn't run the Army though, she was an "Advisor"

She was a Religious figurehead that did more being Matyred than anything else.
>>
>>51117335
>I never heard about square-cube law
We have gender separation, because bunch of autists decided it would be unfair to compete against women by the end of 19th century. What a fucking surprise!

Have you seen any single fucking Olympic games? Or just some random athletic championships?
I fucking doubt it.
>>
>>51116736
That is fucking dumb as shit.

Please never play a ttg ever again.
>>
>>51117360
Next thing you will say Sforza was just a figurehead too.
>>
>>51117368
Go look at the Deadlift world records.

If there was a lack of gender gap, women would never qualify for ANYTHING in any sport ever.
>>
>>51117322
her great military achievement was getting herself ambushed while planning an ambush, before that there were many respected commanders for whom she worked as a glorified cheerleader
>>
>>51117322
A commander isn't a warrior, for fuck's sake. You can be a complete retard and great warrior and you can be an absolute weakling and still be an amazing general.
>>
>>51117312
>I mean what is she the Saint of?
A quick wiki search reveals she's the saint of France*, martyrs, captives, military personel, people persecuted for their faith et cetera. This isn't difficult.

*Before you go on about a propaganda tangent, national Saints were a thing since pretty much forever and France has nine in total (the principal three being Jeanne, St. Louis and St. Denis).

>>51117322
>I don't get different thing.
The thing is that a warrior fights, while a commander doesn't fight per se. Jeanne was certainly in harms way, was struck by crossbow bolts/arrows three times if I'm not mistaken, but she was not a warrior by virtue of not fighting.

>>51117360
>She was a Religious figurehead that did more being Matyred than anything else.
Bruh, look up why the English captured her in the first place. She was at the head of an army, had requested gunpowder from the king and didn't get it.
http://www.scottmanning.com/content/joan-of-arc-military-successes-and-failures/
Even in the battles where she wasn't personally at the head, the commanders of those armies considered her council invaluable. You can't ignore that, unless you somehow assume that nobles of the time would freely admit to taking advice from a peasant and a woman at that (unless you of course want to believe her entire appearance was a grand conspiracy and that she was raised to be a hero, but that would not explain why the king dropped her the moment she outlived her usefulness and didn't make a single attempt to save her or parlay for her release).

You don't have to believe she was a saint, just don't trivialize what she did.
>>
>>51117368
>Have you seen any single fucking Olympic games?
Are you retarded? In most qualifications women Olympic records are on par with men highschool records
>>
>>51117368
>bunch of autists decided it would be unfair to compete against women
It is unfair, but not in the way you're thinking of. If women actually want to have a place as athletes in the broader scope of things, there has to be a segregation of genders.

The alternative is letting athletes become more drug than human being.
>>
>>51117390
This is the point when I'm not sure if you are trolling, serious or just stupid

I would ask you to check just about ANY OTHER FUCKING SPORT but you will just smugly say some shit like "this doesn't count", so I guess I will just wait few more posts, this theead will hit bump limit, dissappear and by tomorrow morning I won't even remember about it.
>>
>>51117312
Have you tipped your fedora so hard, it got loged in your brain? She said several fucking times she didn't like killing and her clear and stated mission was to kick the English off French land. How is that even zealotry? And blind faith is fucking debatable, considering saints spoke to her and told her shit she couldn't know (supposedly)
>>
File: citation needed.jpg (21KB, 300x190px) Image search: [Google]
citation needed.jpg
21KB, 300x190px
>>51117431
>In most qualifications women Olympic records are on par with men highschool records
And those are extremely easy to get, so get your ass moving for those juicy numbers.
>>
>>51117431
Based on Olympic records the only thing that women are better than men is disc throwing and even that feat was achieved by an East German athlete.
>>
>>51113048
Which is terribly stupid in any magic sci-fi setting.
One of most deadly snipers was female, modern Israeli army soldiers have both male and female soldiers for front line duty, I doubt that round shoot by female hurts less then that fired by male.

Of course in both cases females have access to rifles to act as some kind equalizers but consider following:
At legendary scale heroes magic and superhuman skill greatly outperform any modern small arms so it viable for anybody to be legendary hero no matter their initial stats.

For example:
When you wield Karsomir +6, have belt of giant strength +6 and at least +2 attack bonus from some kind of buff and at top of that you add +20 BAB, that -2 BAB and DAM from -4 STR MEME means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>51117461
Please explain to us all how the hell gender separation is preventing doping in professional sport. Because I'm seriously curious now what kind of twisted logic you follow.
People dope regardless of it. And doping is the easier way to get disqualified for life. In fact, we reached the point where NOT doping is the easier way to win, because all the guys with medals end up disqualified, so suddenly 5th place can turn into a gold.
>>
>>51117482
>>51117482

>She didn't like killing
>A truce with England during the following few months left Joan with little to do. On 23 March 1430, she dictated a threatening letter to the Hussites, a dissident group which had broken with the Catholic Church on a number of doctrinal points and had defeated several previous crusades sent against them. Joan's letter promises to "remove your madness and foul superstition, taking away either your heresy or your lives." oan, an ardent Catholic who hated all forms of heresy together with Islam also sent a letter challenging the English to leave France and go with her to Bohemia to fight the Hussites, an offer that went unanswered.

So she disliked killing, but she was fine in killing heretics. She was a Blind Zealot who inspired the French, literally nothing more, because Ironically, she was a waste of resources and got caught trying to ambush the Burgandy Allies of the English.
>>
>>51117493
But the discs women weigh half as much as the discs men throw.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discus_throw
They're 1 kg and 2 kg respectively.

If men threw with women's discs, you'd see one or two flying out of the stadium at every event.
>>
File: wimmen5.jpg (78KB, 704x741px) Image search: [Google]
wimmen5.jpg
78KB, 704x741px
>>51113048

It's very simple.
Dragons are magical creatures, something that do not exist in our world.

Women however, do exist in our world.
And it's commonly assumed that men and women in fantasy games are more or less the same as in real life.

The problem therefore is that if you want to have women warriors, they have to be explicitly stated to be different than women in real life, otherwise it's obviously nonsensical.
You get a situation that looks like this

>Hey, I made a fantasy game and put this thing from real life in it!
>>Okay... but that's not how this thing works in real life
>But it's fantasy!

If you don't say women are biologically just as suited for combat in your setting, unlike irl women, then of course people are going to call you out on it.

Do you fuckers notice how NOBODY ever complains about D&D female elves being just as good warriors as the male elves?
IT'S BECAUSE IT'S ESTABLISHED IN THE BOOK THAT THEY'RE VERY BIOLOGICALLY SIMILAR.

Same reason nobody complains about female drow.
Other than for being wank material, I mean.
>>
>>51117489
maybe I made to big of a claim but for example no women swimmer would ever even qualify for male Olympic Selection Time
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Qualification#Men.27s_individual_events
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_records_in_swimming#Women.27s_records
>>
>>51117493
I'm super tired, so the old thinker's not running quite right, but are you saying that being East German means it wasn't a woman, or that she did anvar or something?
>>
>>51117666
Probably both.
>>
>>51117515

>muh Soviets, muh Pavlichenko
Literally the only unit of note, and an Eastern Front sniper, by most standards, is not much of a warrior.

>muh IDF
The current IDF does not put females in front-line combat. The vast majority of female combat infantry are in two light battalions on their borders with Egypt and Jordan. Mixed units in the past suffered up to 3 times the casualties of all-male units.

Being a soldier is far more than being able to shoot a rifle.
>>
>>51113048
It's simple, women shouldn't exist in fantasy settings
>>
File: performance.jpg (63KB, 615x391px) Image search: [Google]
performance.jpg
63KB, 615x391px
>>51117489
No they aren't. Male and Female olympic records are barely different from eachother, and they're getting more similar as time goes on.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/08/the-golden-ratio-the-one-number-that-describes-how-mens-world-records-compare-with-womens/260758/

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/08/the-golden-ratio-the-one-number-that-describes-how-mens-world-records-compare-with-womens/260758/
>>
>>51117666
East Germany was infamous for its widespread state supported use of doping.
>>
File: 1482534604235.png (500KB, 779x751px) Image search: [Google]
1482534604235.png
500KB, 779x751px
I really don't like these threads. The more I read them, the more I'm forced to think about women. The more I'm forced to think about them, the more I start hating them.
>>
>>51117732
Meanwhile, in Deadlifting.

>1,102.3 lb by Eddie Hall
>596.4 lb by Gemaletdinova Olga

So feats of strength, women are almost 50% weaker.
>>
>>51117251
holy shit, probably the most triggered post I've read in a week.
>>
>>51116092
Because 8 year olds fighting is the truest measure of combat
>>
File: 1480430408335.jpg (30KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
1480430408335.jpg
30KB, 539x552px
>>51117732
>11% worse performance ratio
>barely different
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>51117751
Are you gay?
>>
>>51117848
If I were, I wouldn't have to hate women.
Nice ad hominem attempt though.
>>
>>51115444
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q5Nwh4Z6ao
>>
>>51117732
Nigger, 90% performance ain't even good enough for fast food.

>>51117866
It's not ad hominem unless there's an argument to be made. I'm just pointing out that it makes you sound like a faggot.
>>
I just don't like how you can live in a world where women are just as strong as men, yet it doesn't impact the gender dynamic in any way. Shit's dumb.
>>
>>51117885
Like half of those are women ganging up on people.

It's hilarious.
>>
>>51117902
But the OP's talking about individual women being as capable as men, and I don't think the gender dynamic would change that much if you just gave the one tail end of the curve that last little push. They don't even have to make up 50% of "exceptional" folks; just enough to allow for some intereswaifus.
>>
>>51118040

Even if you have an individual woman who on paper is as fit a warrior as a man, they still have disadvantages that no amount of training, talent, or genetics can help them with.
For example, the fact that women have weaker bones, and are therefore more prone to injury.
Or the women's hygiene issues that would make going on campaign a death sentence by infection.
Most women who come back from Iraq have huge reproductive infections and end up becoming sterile.
In a world without modern medicine, they'd die.
Maybe magic could help, but you're still at a disadvantage compared to a man.
>>
>>51115444
You know that untrained men have more gripping strength than female olympians, right? I'm not saying it's a foregone conclusion, I'm just saying that if we exclude the morbidly obese form /tg/'s finest, they stand a halfway decent chance.

/fit/'s finest and those female soldiers are fucked.
>>
>>51118112

Unless everybody in the setting is earnestly confined to feats that would not break the bones of a real person, you can handwave the bones just like you can handwave the lack of upper body strength and the mental issues.

As with hygiene; many works in fantasy settings don't even bother to mention everyday personal hygiene or even infection of combat wounds unless they explicitly need it to be an issue, so you can handwave a woman's hatchet wound just like you can with a man's.
>>
>>51117332
Both men and women fight because they have to.
But women only seem to do it when the men can't.
>>
Can the Left pick a lane and stay in it, please?
Either women have always made contributions to history because THEY WUZ KWEENS
OR
women have never made any contributions and were basically slaves because men kept them down

It can't be both
>>
>>51113048
sounds logical
>>
>>51113334
Ronda Rousey said that as good as she is, no way would she ever step into the Octagon with any of her male MMA peers.
>>
>>51114889
I'd put Hera as Trophy Wife. She never maintained any households. She's for marrying, fucking, and nothing else.
Artemis was hunting.
Don't forget Persephone and Demeter.
Also MUFUKKEN HADES. Fun fact: James Woods has gone on record as Disney's Hades being the only role he would come back to for anything, no matter how dumb or small.
>>
>masses of dumbshits assblasted at hearing women are weaker than men and no good in a fight
When the fuck did /tg/ get this fucking delusionally feminazi? I never thought there were this many clinical retards on this board. Is it just weak faggots waifufagging?
>>
>>51118334

You're handwaving yourself to a point where the fantasy women are distinctly different than irl women.
You can explicitly just say women are different in your setting, but its the hand waving and seemingly ignoring this stuff that makes people think you believe men and women irl are exactly the same, which is why people get upset.
>>
>>51118820
>masses of dumbshits assblasted at hearing women can be as strong as men and good in a fight in a FANTASY GAME
you act retarded, you get retards, i guess
>>
>>51117649
Hey I remember that photoshop that Kotaku scrambled to disavow before they realized IT WASN'T EVEN ONE OF THEIR ARTICLES but it could very well have been
>>
>>51118922
>women can be as strong as men and good in a fight
That literally means that they're not women, though, not the ones we know from actual humanity, just something else that you call women. So... you play confusingly named aliens?

Besides, what's the point of doing such a thing? It keeps getting discussed from the other side, like it's bad to refuse, but really, what are the reasons TO be that divergent from the facts? I don't see the attraction over actually using the wealth of material in medieval or ancient chronicles.
>>
>>51117896
It's not even good enough for taxi driving.
As soon as you get a 4-star review on Uber, they schedule an employee evaluation
>>
>>51118820
>women are weaker than men
In fantasy setting where i order to be legendary warrior you have to be:
a) Magical yourself
b) Have magic item that gives you super strength
c) Have wizard enchant you
d) Be destined by gods to be great
Why can't woman get a, b, c or d, while man could?
Not to mention all the settings that just runs on "clap your hands if you believe magic" where if enough people thinks you are great warrior then you are great and martial power is contest of who have better PR.
Or where it all depends of skill like TES where people sliced atoms with swords cause they could.
And OP's pic is basically magical construct based upon hero idea used in magical hunger games, I doubt that giving her female frame have any meaning because she is mostly pure magic.

Stop being unimaginative.
>>
>>51119025
Do you choose to be retarded or is it a conditional thing?
>>
File: 1435442918563.jpg (24KB, 324x203px) Image search: [Google]
1435442918563.jpg
24KB, 324x203px
>>51118820
>>
>>51118922
>>51119061
>>51119130
>further assblasts
UMAD?
>>
>>51119182
Nope but you are.
>>
>>51118820
I don't get it either. It may be the most obvious fact in the entire observable world, challenged only by deep insights such as "babies are small" or "dogs aren't people". Yet here we are.
>>
>>51119225
>I did not read the the thread and I am a smelly retard.
>>
>>51119182
Is this really something you think is worth posting on /tg/? Go back to /b/.
>>
>>51119225
Hey fuck you my dogs were more people than you are
>>
>>51119244
I really don't think OP or any of the subsequent anal cannonades from waifufags (or whatever they are) are worth posting on /tg/. I'm just trying to fit in.
>>
Anybody who cares about making women weaker than men a fantasy setting - whether it makes them happy or angry - should get shot in the face. It's completely irrelevant and unimportant. For me, it means literally nothing, so it's basically exactly a coin flip. Are they weaker in real life? I don't care. This is a fantasy story, not a fucking scientific journal, so I don't have to care. Will I be mad if all the legendary warriors are men? Not really. I like seeing cute girls, but it's not like I'm going to scream my head off about muh soggy knees.
>>
>>51118423
>implying that's what the Left believes
>implying that's not what the Right believes
>>
>>51117649
In a setting where a warrior could slice a monster in half with a single swing, any relationship to real life goes out the window.

I don't give a shit about how female warriors would work in real life. We're not talking about real life.

There is a precedent for warrior women in legend and mythology. They have a place in fantasy.
>>
>>51117649
>If you don't say women are biologically just as suited for combat in your setting, unlike irl women, then of course people are going to call you out on it.
>Do you fuckers notice how NOBODY ever complains about D&D female elves being just as good warriors as the male elves?
>IT'S BECAUSE IT'S ESTABLISHED IN THE BOOK THAT THEY'RE VERY BIOLOGICALLY SIMILAR.
so one line in the book saying in this world men and women have similar biology would fix this all for both sides it sounds like...

But to this point, the books says even elven men are generally more dexterous and less strong than a dorf or human man... Can't we just handwave off the fact that there CAN be a 18 str elf, so there CAN be an 18 str lady?
Are elven men not just about the same as a lady?
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.