[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just out of sheer curiosity...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 24

File: Sigmar.png (518KB, 834x461px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar.png
518KB, 834x461px
Which is the opinion on Age of Sigmar now?

Last time I checked (quite a while ago) it was a bit heated. Any consensus was reached?
>>
>>51112962
They did, after some time, improve the rules and removed/altered the silly ones to the point that it's now playable.

Lore-wise...it needs another 30 years of fleshing out and beard-growing because at the moment I cannot take seriously stuff like NuLahmia.
>>
>>51113024
>High Fantasy setting
>"take seriously"

What?
>>
>>51113038
NU. LAHMIA.

That's how Neferata called her new bunghole that she's ruling.

NU. FUCKING. LAHMIA.

WHO CALLS THEIR PLACE NU!?

THIS IS RETARDED ON SO MANY LEVELS.
>>
It's in better shape than 40k at the moment. Gameplay is simple but can be quite complicated when you factor in the scenario and terrain rules.
Overall, more enjoyable than the bloated mess that 7th edition 40k has become.
>>
>>51113024
Pretty much. Just add some decent lore and it's almost a game.
Just the writers in the way then. GW never changes eh?
>>
>>51112962
Shot in the dark that hit the propane tank and blew up the whole place.

The game itself is not that bad, its a beer and pretzel game that would fit right in on a casual game night. The lore is laughable, and thats about the extent of it

Pro:
>Cool mini
>easy to get into
>easy to play
>Decent rules

Cons:
>not viable for tournament play
>Quickly turns into if your not useing these combos your dumb
>Death is gimped and struggling to even sell well because it plays like shit*
>The lore is laughable and i have yet to see anyone follow it seriously
>Nukes a very well established setting for reasons

*Death is shit right now because their original design was around not needing points and with their ability to summon that made it really really good. But when they said what ever you summon you need to pay for, it gimped them into uselessness, on top of that, with no range, they are just shit.
>>
>>51113091
You need to get a fucking life or a job man, there's way more important shit to worry about.
>>
>>51112962
While improved it is still a crappy skirmish game in an era filled with a shit ton of great skirmish games.

GW is still the same turd it has been for years so there isn't really a draw.
>>
>>51113100
No, it isn't you fucking twat. I'd rather play 40k with orks than touch AoS. Go play with some kids you pedo.
>>
>>51113129
Seems so. And even then I'd rather if they retconned that and brought back Warhammer Fantasy.

>>51113159
Still looking for a job and no jack.
>>
>>51113100
Checked
and
>>51113186
This

AoS is if you just want to do a brawl game with no real though or mechanics to it. AoS got a few things right though

>MC getting weaker as they are wounded
>A better (imo) To hit system.
>>
>>51113134
>"Not viable for tournament play"
> GW literally just had an AoS tournament
>GW has specific tournament rules for AoS

40k is shit right now but you think it's suitable for tournament play?!

The Old World was just a Tolkien-esque ripoff but you act like it was some amazing unique setting.

AoS is far more original and interesting.

>WFB fans "GW MOVE THE STORY ALONG!"
>Release books literally called "THE END TIMES"
>AoS arrives
>"NOT LIKE THAT!"
>>
>>51113240
I never wanted the story to move along.

Though I did want them to scrap the world and rewrite it from the ground up. But not like this!
>>
>>51113240
Well people wanted the story to move...BUT NOT THAT EXTREMELY.
>>
File: Gotrek_Gurnisson-0.png (1MB, 744x914px) Image search: [Google]
Gotrek_Gurnisson-0.png
1MB, 744x914px
Reminder that even now, Gotrek is killing Daemons.
>>
File: 1481961294828s.jpg (3KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
1481961294828s.jpg
3KB, 125x123px
>>51113213
If they had enough rules and a little bit of respect for the old fluff I could play AoS and just pretend it was fantasy.
At least if they hadn't squatted Bretonnia. Why are they now against proper horse cavalry?
>>51113240
If the next book of Song if Ice and Fire came out and described the White walkers just flooding south and killing everyone as the world ends, then after that the writer published his WoW fanfics, how do you think people would feel?
And if it was a boring rip off world, how did they fill entire RPG lines and rulebooks with background lore?
I know nothing about that series, so this may be a crappy comparison.
>>
>>51113134
Well, I'd say it is tournament worthy now with GHB. The moron that goes and turns things into a slapfest loses games if I play against him.

I... kind of like the lore. It's not dostoyesky but hey it ain't bad since FEC.
>>
>>51113491
No thats actually pretty apt.

What my issue was, WH was an alternate mid fantasy setting that was not tolkin, or wow. Then they said, fuck it lol, and turned it into turbo high fantasy.

I mean for christ sake, the cross bows the sigmarines use a fucking called bolt throwers. CMON!
>>
>>51113487
Well, at least he has one hell of a life.

>>51113491
Don't forget Tomb Kings.

They and Bretonnia got Squatted hard.

Honestly this is bullshit.

We don't even know what happened to Settra.

Also requesting a pic that ain't for Nurglings and Scarabs...or midget Peasants.

>>51113549
This.

For people that didn't go with Tolkien or with WoW, WHFB was the best option, and then they torpedoed it.
>>
>>51113549
Which is what crossbows are. They throw bolts. Dull surprise, ain't it?

Honestly? AoS ain't bad, once you realize this has gone from low to high (and I mean peak high) fantasy. Plus yeah FEC rock. Want bretonnians? Fuck you, you cheesemongering wine-chugging knight, get some rabid horde of deranged cannibals.
>>
>>51113589
Be this better milord? Google images only gives so much.

And my dislike of the new setting is not helped by the fact that they squatted two factions I really liked just as I discovered the game.
>>
>>51113635
>Its not bad
>Once you accept its gone the polar opposite of what its original fans were attracted to.
>>
>>51113706
PIC HERE
>>
>>51113706
worst part is, one of the factions they squated, tomb kings, contained the only unit that made death not pure shit. Skeleton archers.

SO get some elves and put skulls on them you will need them .
>>
Doesn't disqualify it. It's something called judging stuff by its own merits.
>>
>>51113491
They fucked Bretonnia before AoS. Remember back when they got updates & were 100 Years war?
>>
>>51113742
I dont think anyone is saying the game itself is pure garbage, because its not, its a fairly decent table top game.

We are just pissed at how they just nuked the lore, went from a low mid fantasy to the top of the fucking mountain, then completely gave the middle finger to old players.
>>
>>51112962
I'll give it a try.
>>
They didn't really. Many kingdoms have carried the legacy of bretonnia. And they are likely to return since the lore has recently mentioned that a boatload of orders of chivalry worshipped tyrion (knights worshipping an aelven deity, sounds familiar?)
>>
>>51113635
You see. The fact that the Stormcasts are fantasy Space Marines and have crossbows that are called BOLT THROWERS doesn't help the fact that those are in fact BOLTERS.

>>51113706
Yup. And this is pretty bullshit. I liked Fantasy due to Tomb Kings, but holy shit they shot themselves in the foot.

>>51113742
Lore-wise it should be disqualified.
>>
>>51113487

Didn't he become Slayer God??
>>
Even with the lore out of the equation it's a pretty shit game rule-wise. The only thing decent is some minis.
>>
>>51113800

Yes, and he died killing a beast so big its remainings became fucking volcanoes.
>>
>>51113735
currently putting skull on phoenix guard, to turn them into grave gards. i wonder how it will turn out.
by the way, shield or heavy weapons ? shields seems like garbage
>>
>>51113820
Eh, its decent in that its a very simple entry level game.

That said, they handled the rules so fucking sloppy that its just called warhammer age of house rules because there is so much fucking ambiguity in the rules.

Like for example, do i apply modifiers in the order of addition then multiplication? or multiplication then addition? The difference is a unit doing 120 attacks, or like 70 attacks. Rules dont say which ones to do first.
>>
>>51113835
Eh, really up to you to be honest. I like the great weapons since they are coming back any way. No matter what you do, just get archers, like 30 of them at least.
>>
>>51113228
I like monsters getting weaker. I am not a fan of the to hit system. I think they over simplified it.
>>
>>51113794

Well, this is a bit more nuanced, if you'd let me say (not sure if I should participate in this as I see this is getting heated up). But the stormcasts aside from appearances ain't very space marines. IMO they are Order Warriors, as they are made to fight the chaos warriors. The lore of them is fairly different too, considering they have men women and other races in their ranks. I mean, space marines are very famous for being an only boys club.
>>
File: 1483819223796.jpg (120KB, 514x479px) Image search: [Google]
1483819223796.jpg
120KB, 514x479px
>>51113706
>he liked Bretonnia after GW fucked it
Good taste with Tomb Kings, bad taste with Brettons.
>>
>>51113835
In my experience the great weapons will serve you well. You want graveward as shock troops, not to soak damage. That's why your cheapo skelletons are for.
>>
>>51113888
Checked.

I just have how in 40k every time, every fucking time, the same conversation pops up.

Ok im WS 4, your....oh ok 5, so that means you hit on 3s, i hit on 5s right....oh wait, no hold on. wait no i hit on 4s still.....no i know your higher then me but the rule is double +1....OH wait thats right i have this thing that makes my weapon skill this, but it does not change anything still hitting on the same.

Its just clunky as hell.

Simple, your guy hits on x, using a power fist? ok that makes it a slower swing +1 to hit. ect ect.
>>
>>51112962

Some people will never ever *ever* get over the destruction of the old world, a world they had played in for decades and that really is a shame.

I was a bit of a naysayer myself, when I saw the early scrolls that said shit like

>teehee, if you do a silly dance with a flower on your head stroking your moustache you get +1 to hit

Fuck. right off.

But now... it's in a better place, the setting and world is a bit confusing but the game / gameplay is now pretty solid.
>>
>>51113923
I would use zombies, get like 40 of them and blob them together to tar your opponant down. they are hitting and wounding on 3+ at that point i think.
>>
>>51113960
This. Plus make all the rules a unit has be explained on the page it is. God fucking know I spend a third to a half looking the rulebook for rules and how they interact.
>>
>>51113491
To be honest, I'd take that end result than GoT with D&D's fuck ups any day for the week.
>>
>>51113990
OH this and fucking can we get rid of wound shuffling?! seriously i really like AoS for that.
>>
>>51113984
Skelletons have saves (which makes them better for objective holding) and they pump obnoxious amounts of attacks past a certain treshold. Plus the wight king's (Not!Krell... man I want to see him return he'll get a sick-ass model I'm sure) ability is very good on them.
>>
GW made the right call. No one played WFB, no one was buying WFB models. Most people do not like ranked-units.
People are looking at WFB with nostalgia goggles.

AoS has people playing Fantasy again.
The game play is very smooth.
There are no unbeatable combos.

Most of the whining is about the lore - the game itself is very stable and they just released another FAQ.

My problem is with WFB players insulting AoS players because we like the new system and lore. I'd say at this moment, I prefer AoS to 40k.
>>
There will never be a consensus. It has the title Age of Skubmar for a reason.
>>
>>51114020
And make like them. FUCK tabling as a victory condition. Seriously I'm tired of shit like grav-spam, scat-spam or the triptide bullshit. Wanna win? Play by fucking objectives or else I win even though you killed all my models.
>>
>>51113831
This seems like what the lore difference between Fantasy and AoS, it's gone from stories of nations and armies to Norse/Greek myth. Which isn't bad, just poorly done as far as I've seen.
>>51113912
They appealed to me because of the Knights.
and the distaste of peasants
Although at least one of the two is coming to TWW soon. Digital format means I don't have to paint.
>>
AoS plays less than KoW.

You are right, a game shilled by the largest company on the market, with a huge retail network is less played than a game made by a company which has a big warehouse and that's it.
>>
>>51114028
Good point good point.

>>51114035
>Nuked a whole universe decade in the making
>WFB actually was getting traction with end times
>More people come into the store saying i played vermin tide or total warhammer.
>Ignoreing the fact that GW was trying to get fullprice for models that were way past their life time and should have been a dime a dozen not going up in price
>Not adding more to a game whos entry cost was around 600 bucks USD
>This was the right choice to kill it all off

Are you pretending to be retarded?

Yeah AoS is being played now, but you know how many people actually give a shit about the lore? or got started because of WFB? a whole lot.

For me, ill fully support everything of AoS if they do the following in this order.

>Sig shit and palls keep fighting
>Reach a stale mate
>Have a parlay with the leaders
>Create a new world, in which all winds of magic touch it
>Basically the old world recreated.

This new world acts as their battle grounds and they reestablish the old lore.
>>
>>51114059

They need to give us more down to earth story. IMO this year has been passable because they made the setting and they needed to establish the background. Tzeentch Arcanites and a few books are meant to explore the land properly and make us see the random shmucks. Let's see how well it turns. BL is already saying they are making a novel about a witch-hunter and a freeguild (ie: a militia dude, for those distasteful of lawyerspeak) trying to uncover a cult or a "secret" (I'm sure it's going to be a cult, dibs are on it).
>>
>>51114056
Like i have said, AoS got something right, but it also got a lot of things wrong.
>>
>>51114124
That sounds a lot like allpoints, which is the place where the 8 winds combine.
>>
>>51112962
The lore is possibly some of the worst I have ever witnessed, ....beyond that it is okay as a beer & pretzel game.
>>
I went to my LGS the other day to pick up some TIE fightera for x-wing and asked the employees how AoS was conpared to WFB since you guys have been whining about it for a while. They told me that the gameplay is good and that its been selling way better than Fantasy ever did.

So are the numbers lying or all all of you a bunch of bitches? poor Lustria
>>
>>51113831

So the fyreslayer fuckwits are all worshippers of Gotrek?

What the fuck

I want to hate Age of Sigmar but I want to like it at the same time. The lore is so empty and messy at the same time. But some of the stuff does look p good.
>>
>>51114124

Hey, hadn't Araloth flown away to another world? Maybe we could use that as a basis.
>>
>>51114059
>Because of Knights
You'd like Old Bretonnia before GW fucked it. Newcrons are nothing next to that anal raping.
>>
>>51114172
But Lustria isn't gone. Well, not entirely. The slaan did teleport parts of it with them and they live there. At least part of it remains.
>>
>>51114152
Then they need to use that place to establish the old world.

Because im gonna bet dollars to doughnuts once the new smell wears off, AoS is not going to be doing to well.
>>51114172
>WFB cost about $600 usd to start an army
>AoS costs about 130
Wow! your telling me something with a smaller investment cost is selling better?! Holy shit you should work for like the stock market or something bro!

No shit its selling better you bell end.

GW was trying to charge full fucking price for model that have not see an update in how many years?! and they saying shit son you need about 80 of those.
>>
>>51114192
I think i heard early Bretonnia had undertones of French Revolution brewing, which also sounds cool to me.
>>
File: hundred-years-war-H.jpg (701KB, 1389x454px) Image search: [Google]
hundred-years-war-H.jpg
701KB, 1389x454px
Reminder of what Bretonnia used to be alike.
>>
>>51114174

I didn't mean to call fyreslayer fuckwits. I think they're cool.

I dunno. lmao
>>
>>51114172
My LFGS owner says that AoS doesn't sell for shit and they can't even discount it because it's not allowed by GW. At this point it just takes up place.
>>
File: 1483996034183.png (21KB, 673x452px) Image search: [Google]
1483996034183.png
21KB, 673x452px
>>51114124
>Implying they need your support
they doubled the share value in 6 months, so AoS is there to stay for a looooooong time
>>
>>51114242

.............................nice
>>
>>51114174

Yup. Guess the fun part? They are literally getting drugged on Gotrek. Ur-gold is literally his shards (shocker, I know, it was sooo secret and not obvious). For them that shit is like crack. I recall a story where a bunch of fyreslayers went on to fulfill an oath: it took 12 motherfucking years, got reduced to thirty guys... out of two fucking clans that ought to number 50k asshats. And they still kept on.

Then cue-in Archaon offering a shitload of the stuff. I've seen drug-addicts and their reactions matched to the Fyreslayers when they were described.
Wether they kept the oath is something up to the reader.
>>
>>51112962
Core rules:pure shit, -1/10
Generals Handbook+modern battletomes: kinda average but nothing too interesting
Battletome scenarios:pretty cool
>>
>>51114253
>Clearly this is all because of Aos
>ignoring 40k sales
>>
File: ageofhh.jpg (215KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
ageofhh.jpg
215KB, 600x468px
>>51114253

>Horus Heresy finally goes plastic
>no it was us! it was AOS!
>>
>>51114253
When was the last major new release for AoS ?

Something like June right ?
>>
>>51114317
This, like AoS is shoved into the corner at our GW store because they know what sells.
>>
>>51114308
>Implying it's just 40k when the spike starts growing at the point where they published GHB.
>>
>>51114223
How many "updates" are like it? Aside from Cruddace meets Tyranids, not many.
>>
>>51114346
>GW scrambled to put a rule book and points into the game because no one was buying their shit.
>Started the grand tournament a week before rules and no one knew what to fucking do for the game.

Oh wow, you mean the thing that made the game actually fucking playable sold well?! Holy shit well fuck my ass and call me a whore anon thats fucking amazing!
>>
>>51114318
Actually it was on July.
>>
>>51114346
Are you gonna tell me water is wet next?

Because the only reason it spiked was because it was going to tank if they did not put points into the game.
>>
>>51114386

>Showing he was unable to balance the game, when it took 3-4 attempts at worst.

Filthy Casul.
>>
>>51114349
Do you plan to elaborate or am I expected to read?
>>
>>51114287

Well that's.... interesting.

So Slayers are mercenaries who fight for Gotrek crack. That's..... GW are u ok
>>
>>51114287
so the slayer dwarves joined the skavens in the drug-addicts club ? how ironic
>>
>>51114318
DESU, they had spent the first half of the year publishing just AoS stuff. IMO they tanked because:

a) It didn't sell very well (but still did) and thus
b) The costs of making that much stuff gnawed their profits like there's no tomorrow.
>>
>>51114414
No because its a GW store, therefor by GW rules you have to go by them which says, you can bring what ever the fuck you want, at the time. So our store manager had to come up with scenarios in order to balance it.

You cant pretend that GW did not fuck up by not putting rules and points out at launch like the fuck.
>>
>>51114449

>>51114429

Not exactly. These guys are still very honorbound assholes, with even their own slayers (ie: some assholes who failed their duties and must die fighting even harder than the rest of them).
I mean, they even refuse Ur-gold if they feel they have failed their honor and duty. It's a bit like balancing and the thing is that gold drives them mad.
>>
>>51114415
Once upon a time, Bretonnia was more alike 100 years war + Arthurian legends than only Arthurian legends. They used to have ships, armored infantry, even some cannons. Eventually they removed much of it until how they are now. They used to even be on the urge of conquering the Empire. Squatting them feels like putting it out of its misery in my opinion.
>>
>>51114458

No, I'm going to say that certain Jackwad named Kirby fucked up. But it was entirely usable for its intended purpose (ie: play with friends). Still this is miles better, Matched Play is fine and its nice to see TAC for all cases.
>>
>>51114518
>>51114518
He who shall not be named
>>
>>51112962
I would've prefered it if they didn't substitute WHFB world for a retarded new setting. You can have a skirmish game and even sigmarines in the Old World. As it is, I would rather play 40k and/or Mordheim.
>>
File: KDCol_Kirby_K64.png (218KB, 640x557px) Image search: [Google]
KDCol_Kirby_K64.png
218KB, 640x557px
>>51114550
Yeah, I mean this is pure evil.

Just look at those eyes.
>>
>>51114599
Checked
You can see the reflection of the children he has consumed in his eyes.
>>
>>51114500
Truly nothing is sacred.
At least keeping them around to revamp them with something would have been better than squatting them. Squatting is just the confession that they've run out of ideas.
Hopefully they run out of ideas for AoS soon
>>
>>51114581

Same. I'd have just prefered they added the Stormbros to WHFB, made 8th ed into a brand new skirmish system to replace the rank and file, and just leave it at that.

>>51114491
Ah. I like Slayers the way they had used to be. Like, not to sound nostalgia goggley but man, they were just more interesting then lol. Though, I guess I can grow on it. The models themselves look alright, though.
>>
>>51114629

Wait at least that they release slaanesh's new models.
>>
>>51114654
They definitely could be improved, but as starting kits it ain't bad. We can throw all the bitching we want but the thing is we are literally comparing a 30 years old setting to a 1.5 years old one. Of course the lore is shite by comparison! Has anyone read the lore of first edition? I feel old now.
>>
I'm just going to say that the new tzeentch army looks nice. I may be interested in making it to AoS if they look promising, even it may murder my wallet (again).
>>
>>51114694

IIRC there was no lore in first edition, but yeah. You're definitely right.
>>
>>51114957
Warhammer fantasy started as an RPG. It had little in the way of lore proper (hell, Kemmler was the first character introduced and I think he went in on second edition... I think).
>>
>>51114253
>shares start rising as soon as GW stop AoS releases
>>
>>51115059
>>51114318
And they say stock prices have no basis in reality.
>>
>>51115059
>thank god they are killing this, now I can buy more marines
>>
>>51115059
They actually start raising with GHB's release. It happened in late july, i.e. when the curve starts hitting its stride.
>>
>>51114694
I remember reading Rogue Trader & noticing how different it is from current 40k.
>>
>>51114500
Are you talking about 3rd edition brets? Because they really had nothing distinctive in a game that had the Empire as the major human faction. I mean wooh, slightly more peasant levies and a larger allowance of cannon.
>>
Hate AOS still. Really destroyed the world I loved and grew up playing. The minis are really nice, but they could have refreshed the game to something more like 5th-6th edition and kept the factions and lore as they were.
>>
>>51113896
Yeah, I know.

I actually see them as foil to the Warriors of Chaos.

Both are heavily armored giants of warriors that possess incredible combat capabilities and so on.

But then this...they could've done them better. Also gave them better pauldrons...and removed the retarded helmet masks. Should've given them helmets similar to those that Reiksguard Knights have.

Reiksguard has bitchin helmets.
>>
>>51115466
I saw a conversion using state troops hats. Dude Called Pimp-cast Freshternals. Suffice to say it had to be pun-nished. Funny thing is they often take off the helmets in the novels, so we are not really forced to put the retarded helmets on.
>>
Cool minis
Rules are simple as shit
Decent layer of complexity underneath.
Cool campaign, narrative that can easily adapt to a point system but doesn't strictly need it (but points make it better)
Models, while cool, don't really let you convert and 'make it your own' like the older generation... which I find annoying.
Actually is getting frequent FAQS, you know, like a game should.
7/10. YMMV
>>
File: gaunt frogposter.jpg (325KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
gaunt frogposter.jpg
325KB, 960x960px
>>51112962
Game is no more litterally pointless.
Not a few non-sigmarine designs are nice, especially when based on old concepts.
Fluff is still moot as a whole but there are a few enjoyable premises here and there.

overall a better product than 8th edition in terms of hobbystic and gaming experience per dollar (not necessarily in terms of design quality), but the destruction of the old setting is not a stable foundation for building another one which for now seems to be reaching left and right in an attempt to find the right scope while not gaining reactions comparable to the weight of the events portrayed in the stories. (ie. little does generate actual interest or care but the minimum and vague presentation of the setting and the sentiments for the factions built from the previous worldbuilding).
>>
>>51115113

desu I like Rogue Trader more than current ed. At least it had a better amount of models while Epic was what had the mass battles. I liked that more lol.
>>
>>51116028
>Ivan the Slav shitposter has now his own meme

Well that's something new.
>>
>>51116060
It's months old in truth

just never stuck
>>
>>51115025
>Warhammer fantasy started as an RPG.
No, it started as a wargame. The setting was fleshed out substantially in the third edition, with the first edition of the RPG arriving shortly after.
>>
File: 1455456505436.jpg (3MB, 3004x4192px) Image search: [Google]
1455456505436.jpg
3MB, 3004x4192px
>>51115466
The biggest problem are the heads, by far. I was even more horrified when I realised that it wasn't even a full helmet, just a facemask with straps behind.
>>
File: 1454369668215.jpg (422KB, 749x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1454369668215.jpg
422KB, 749x1000px
>>51116104
>>
>>51115766
That's a plus at least.

>>51116104
THAT'S EVEN WORSE.

Also I like the conversion.

>>51116129
That one's equally good.
>>
>>51116104
the angle of the pauldrons and the overlocking chestpiece-abdominal plate ruin them more than the masks themselves, for me.
>>
File: 1462967153826.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1462967153826.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>51116129
>>51116155
Screw you, I like what these dudes did to them. Plus every time they get posted they get loads of love.
>>
I love some of the new models, the fact that it doesn't requires that much money to start an army, that games play more quickly, and even with the GHB the Force Org is quite fluid. There's a few bits of the new fluff I like.
I hate and despise the fact that they killed the Old World, that the Blood of Nagash trilogy will only ever be two books, and that some Characters or factions just disappeared (Tomb Kings mostly).
Once every faction has their book and models, and some more chracters have been introduced, maybe it'll be a proper game, for now it feels still like an incomplete products for some parts.
I still buy new Death and Tzeentch stuff because I'm a sucker, and was pleasantly surprised by the Flesh-Eater Courts and Ushoran's mention.
>>
>>51116129
I'm adding this thread to my favorites just to remember the color formulae for this model. Just gorgeous.
>>
>>51116275
Just save the pic buddy.

I have folders of pics on my phone, hobby, 40k, reaction images and porn. Organisation is key.
>>
>>51116207
>capes over pauldrons
FINALLY SOMEONE FUCKING CRACKED THE CODE GODDAMMIT

john blanche tried to make that part of the design as it was successful with the old warriors but nooo lets do shitty, enormous pauldrons to build bulk
because space marines
>>
>>51115059

They released a AoS related product every month of that rise there, mate. Starts in April (Ironjawz), May (Silver Tower), June/July (Sylvaneth, Bonesplitterz) August (General's handbook) September (Gorechosen) etc...
>>
>>51114253
Damn it, if I'd bought my shares sooner I coild have gotten such a good return on my investment.
>>
>>51116395
Considering how expensive they are, I feel you.
>>
>>51116341
>They released a AoS related product every month of that rise there, mate.
>starts listing the releases during the months in the decline

the only truly meaningful release was the handbook, admittedly a force multiplier, but the rest is plastic heresy, deathwatch, stealers and other 40k goodies.
>>
>>51116586

Sales don't pick up ipso-facto. Once GHB hits the game boomed in my meta.
>>
>>51116129

> TFW there's no bonfires near.

This is the only acceptable way to paint your Smegmarines.
>>
>>51113091
>he has never heard of the continent of mu
that said AoS is still shit
>>
>>51116791
>continent of mu
Never knew Lemuria was called like this.
>>
>>51116860
Actually a different continent altogether.
>>
>>51116889
Darn.
>>
>>51116628
>Sales don't pick up ipso-facto.
the most intense selling moment of a product is generally its first week of release.

a boom resulting with the hit of the hgb proves that there were a lot of people on the fence waiting for the moment to buy fantasy again, these people surely didn't gather around overnight and AoS fans would have already bought their stuff, meaning they were what most people here would call the "grognard that doesn't buy products" or people interested in fantasy waiting for the new edition to get into the tabletop (which you can go check by yourself in the archives are the largest demography of beginners presenting in the aos general).

if anything this proves that what warhammer needed was a new coherently redacted ruleset, not a new setting.
>>
>>51116915
Humans naming conventions are shite.

Just think of it, who names their son Adolf Hitler!?
>>
>>51116949
>t most people here would call the "grognard that doesn't buy products" or people interested in fantasy waiting for the new edition to get into the tabletop (which you can go check by yourself in the archives are the largest demography of beginners presenting in the aos general).
>if anything this proves that what warhammer needed was a new coherently redacted ruleset, not a new setting.
You also get more profit in the long run. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a lot of people were in the fence, but GHB was only possible due to the solid community it had gathered already.
>>
File: spaceballs-the reaction image.jpg (31KB, 499x268px) Image search: [Google]
spaceballs-the reaction image.jpg
31KB, 499x268px
>>51113024
>I cannot take seriously stuff like NuLahmia.
There's a place on one of the "maps" called druidia ffs
>>
>>51116988
>solid community it had gathered already.
your perception of solidity must be anecdotal

the sales said the paying fanbase was small and declining
>>
>>51117057

Seriously what the fuck is GW going to do. Is fantasy just not popular anymore? Does GW just need to lower their expectations.

AoS doesn't work, Fantasy doesn't work.

The way things are going I can see them dropping everything.
>>
>>51117116
AoS does work though. The GHB was a sorely needed addition, and it's slowly gaining momentum.
>>
>>51117057
The stock shows it is declining, that's it. It isn't showing whether the decline comes from 40k or AoS... which considering that the early didn't get big releases seems the most likely actually.
There were several 100+ tournaments in the UK which were the basis for the system of the GHB.
>>
>>51117157

40K has had massive releases over the past year.
>>
>>51113024
Germanfag here, NuLamia is on the level of whfb settlement names, it just happens to be in your language this time.
>>
>>51117116
AoS is the worst skirmish game on the market, and everyone hates the lore.

Why didn't they release a skirmish game with just a little bit better tactical play, keep the old world and just advance a few years in the setting? Kill a couple of characters, make a few new ones etc?

Oh, that's right, it's because AoS exists SOLELY as a IP reboot, because the only thing GW has ever cared about with every fiber of every executives being is the fact that players could buy orcs etc. from another company.
>>
>>51117215
I forgot to mention the positives, AoS does allow new players to grab two boxes of whatever, and they can use them together. WHFB could have had the same thing with some lore excuse like the big chaos invasion left tons of portals around or whatever.
>>
>>51113859
>Like for example, do i apply modifiers in the order of addition then multiplication? or multiplication then addition?

BOMDAS
>>
>>51117215

True. I think Fantasy had the potential to be a setting as recognisable as 40K became.

They could have made so much shit harkening back to the glory days of Fantasy like they're doing with Rogue Trader at the moment.
>>
File: 1475887466424.jpg (106KB, 560x510px) Image search: [Google]
1475887466424.jpg
106KB, 560x510px
>>51113240
>The Old World was just a Tolkien-esque ripoff but you act like it was some amazing unique setting.

We nwver praised The Old World for being unique, we praised it for getting the balance just right. I've had more fun in The Old World than I've had in the 10 most original fantasy settings combined, precisely because it felt familiar and understandable from the first moment.
>>
>>51117262
Yeah i know that, but in 40k rules you always multiple then add, there is no rule clearly saying you must do this in AoS, and since most of the rules are up to interpretation, i would go with what benefits me the most.

The problem is, all these buffs are happening at the same time so its not just a simple equation, which buffs happen first?

For example, blood reavers next to a bloodsecator, does their buff go off first that gives them +1 attack for being next to a khorne totem, or does the bloodsecators buff go off first?
>>
>>51117276

The gothic, early-modern theme was what separated it from a lot of the Tolkien copies.
>>
>>51117306
This, it honestly felt like it was on the cusp of steam punk, with out actually being there.
>>
>>51117215
That's not solid rules, that's you not knowing how to do math. When doing mathematical operations you do multiplications prior to sums. That's third grade basic math.
>>
>>51117304
>but in 40k rules you always multiple then add

Yes.
BOMDAS

>which buffs happen first?

Accumulate all your buffs, then BOMDAS
>>
>>51117367
sloppy*... shouldn't write at 3 AM.
>>
>>51117367
Guessing this was meant for another post?

But thats the thing, there is no rule in AoS saying you HAVE to do standard operations

>>51117397
Again, 40k specifically says you have to do multiplication first then addition, there is nothing is AoS saying i must follow that order.

Its the same bullshit they have with a lot of their rules like their "Roll a dice" does not specify what kind of dice.

Do you have a cite for that? that it all happens at once then do standard operation?
>>
File: 3.png (21KB, 339x345px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
21KB, 339x345px
>>51117330

You've never lived until you've blown away a lady of an enchanted lake with a cannon forged by some inbred blacksmith from Nuln.
>>
File: memecannon.jpg (358KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
memecannon.jpg
358KB, 1024x672px
>>51117446
Did someone say...memecannon?
>>
>>51117467
>>
>>51117500
Not sure if male or female. Still I'd bang her/she/it/shlergn.
>>
>>51117116
>Is fantasy just not popular anymore?
not as much as 40k, reason would suggest to try and look for a different niche for it instead of making it resemble 40k more and failing again in the comparison.
>>
File: stonehorn fluffy.jpg (171KB, 824x824px) Image search: [Google]
stonehorn fluffy.jpg
171KB, 824x824px
It's slowly gaining momentum in my local area, and I'm swedish which was one of the most anti-AoS countries.

We're seeing more and more newbies join the fold and a lot more old fantasy players giving it a try.
We're hosting a small tournament in february and the interest has been fairly high, so we might do another one later.

I like the models and the overall simplicity of the game, although I detest the random turn order in its current form. I'm starting to warm up to the lore, but it needs some more structure.
It seesm they will start focusing on "the little people" in the upcoming book, which is what I wanted.
I also like the Flesh-eater Courts lore, for what it's worth.

Finally, having all the points in one book is a god-send since this means that they can update the entire game more frequently, which is what they're doing currently (GHB 2 is on its way).
>>
>>51117675
I would have to say no, fantasy is still popular, the issue with WFB was that it did not get much publicity and advertising outside of the game itself, and the DnD world.

When they dropped total warhammer, almost everyone who comes in looking for fantasy said their found out about it from total war.

So fantasy is not dead, it just did not get any advertising or face time.

The other issue bing the start up cost for WFB was crazy.
>>
>>51117432
>Again, 40k specifically says you have to do multiplication first then addition, there is nothing is AoS saying i must follow that order.

But it's math.
There's nothing in either set of rules that explains what a '+' operand is or how it works, you don't have to go into mathematical proofs.
A certain degree of numeracy and literacy is an entry requirement.
>>
>>51117738
I know that, i guess im not being clear in what im getting at.

So in AoS a LOT is left up to interpretation, and there are a lot of muddy areas. 40k says you apply multipliers first then addition which is normal i get that, its standard operation.

BUT AoS does no such thing, because of that, how would i be wrong is saying this buff gets applied first then this buff if there is no official rule saying i cant apply it in that order. I understand they all happen at once, but nothing dictates which ones i apply before another. Which again in 40k they explicitly say, x before y, but with a lack of that in AoS rules, that would imply i can do it any order i want.
>>
File: jVJP8tn-1.jpg (492KB, 816x1079px) Image search: [Google]
jVJP8tn-1.jpg
492KB, 816x1079px
>>51117271
>I think Fantasy had the potential to be a setting as recognisable as 40K became.
It already developed its own unique look.

I could post a concept art among thousands others fantasy settings' and it will be undoubtedly recognisable.
>>
>>51117789
This, the problem was it never got face time or the spot light. Which astounds me that GW was wondering why it was selling like crap.
>>
>>51115766
I've swapped a bunch of heads from my old Empire sprues. Helps the models quite a bit, as well as adding some character to just a wall of faceless, impassive suits of armor.
>>
>>51113091
NEW ENGLAND, NEW YORK, NEW MEXICO, what kind of idiot comes up with these names?
>>
>>51116104
>>51116129

That... that looks so much better.
>>
>>51117734
In a setting that focuses on heroes and monsters why the hell do you care about the little people?

That's like play Star Wars and wanting to be a moisture farmer.
>>
>>51118949
Because one of Age of Sigmar's main issues is that it ONLY focuses on heroes and monsters.

Why fight if there's nothing to fight for? You need little people for the hero's plight to feel meaningful. Who gives a shit if the Blood'Gor-murde'R fights the High Stormhammersigcuck if there was no reason for them to fight?

If everyone is super, no one is.
>>
>>51118949
Because that was part of the charm of the old setting. You had big heroes and monsters AND the little guys. I loved my Empire General on his horse, and retinue of rider bodyguards, and it was just as fun to be attached to those shitty Free Company idiots, throwing shoes and bottles at the charging Chaos Warriors.
>>
>>51113159
It's a hobby. There are always more important shit, but having a hobby means you invest time in it and hence care about it.

You're a little prick for suggesting caring about the fluff is stupid. Age of Smegma shill.
>>
File: timthumb.php.jpg (56KB, 640x492px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.php.jpg
56KB, 640x492px
>>51119378
Caring about the fluff IS stupid. It's made up nonsense.

Pic related - it's you
>>
>>51112962
I miss Slaanesh. Archaon and the Horned Rat are not sufficient substitutes.
>>
>>51112962
I was dead against it for all the reasons that others give but I actually like the game as it's so accessible I can play it for fun and not super serious business, the lore appears to be nonsense but literally every model is now viable which undoes the idea that GW just fucked everyone's collection.

I wish they had at least mothballed the warhammer world rather than categorically destroying for sentimental reasons but as it was made up it still exists if you want it to.
>>
>>51116129
That base is giving me feels, ye olde goblin green.
>>
Like with everything that GW seems to make, the rules are subpar. If you want fantasy skirmish you are better off playing Malifaux or something.
>>
>>51119127
I have to agree with you there. We need more high fantasy where regular people and orcs hack each other to death rather than the MOBA crap that the suits at GW see as popular.
>>
>>51119494
I'm sorry it's triggering you to be told that every element of Age of Sigmar is shit. I know tg is supposed to be a safe space for people who like really shitty completely impossible to salvage games like AoS, but bro it's the worst game since fucking FATAL. Even the most spergy setting fanwake is better than AoS. Even the fucking star wars wiki banana entry has more artistic merit than the entirety of AoS. If you like AoS you should kill yourself.
>>
>>51119494
>Caring about artistic value is stupid
>Here do like I do and gobble change like a good goy
>>
>>51113134
>death is gimped
Laughing tomb king.jpeg
>>
File: Tomb Kings in AOS.jpg (52KB, 551x255px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb Kings in AOS.jpg
52KB, 551x255px
>>51113589
>They and Bretonnia got Squatted hard.
Neither are squatted. They're both still playable (and really powerful) but they aren't making the models any more.

There are tidbits in the books that indicate TK are still around. Necrosphinx was specifically mentioned.
>>
>>51112962

It's shit. Stick to WFB instead.
>>
File: burns4.png (327KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
burns4.png
327KB, 640x480px
>>51114124
the WHFBfag butthurt is eternal
>>
>>51120959

She'll be back. Or it. It is held prisoner in Ulgu... where Archaon just sent a massive force and there's a boatload of warbands of slaaneshi followers. They've done tzeentch versus steamheads. Guess who will fight Malekiths' dudes?
>>
>>51117020
>Druidia

I don't even...

>>51117180
Thanks but no.

I'd rather live Nordland, Ostland, Altdorf, Middenheim, Karaz-A-Karak, Khemri, Naggarod or any other place that is not called NuLahmia.

Hell, even old Lahmia would be fine.

If Neferata named the place differently instead of using her old city-state's name, then it would've been OK.

>>51117999
There is a COSMIC difference between the words New and Nu.

The latter being retarded.

>>51123149
So they will sooner or later come back?

Well at least that's good news.
>>
>>51114152
I thought the winds are now independent worlds?
>>
>>51127389
There's a place where there are eight Realmgates, leading to each of the realms, right next to each other.
>>
>>51127797
>ner or later come back?
>Well at least that's good news.
It's also the crib of Archaon.
>>
>>51112962
>Which is the opinion on Age of Sigmar now?
it's fine, only mouthbreathers and literally inbred assravaged fags cry about muh WHFB
>>
>>51112962
>Which is the opinion on Age of Sigmar now?
Lore is very shitty, rules are extremely shitty but slightly better now due to the GHB, models are of varying quality.
>Any consensus was reached?
No. Shitmarfags will endlessly defend the game and by pointing out the game has basic wargame concepts, that [insert your preferred system] is worse, that 40k is dying and thus anyone who hates on AoS is just a butthurt fanboy of either 40k or WHFB and a whole host of other non-arguements, and bring up how AoS is good whenever they can, esspecially in the WHFB and 40k generals much to the dismay of everyone else and generally stir up shit rather than just admitting the game is bad, like every other GW game.
Anti-AoS fags will refuse to acknowledge any good things about the setting, resort to childish insults like age of shitmar, deny any thing good about the system and endlessly fall for AoSfags bait rather than just ignoring it resulting in many shitposting wars.

In short, it's skub.
>>
>>51129075
I think I kind of got it, though. So no consensus at all. And it's quality is subjective to tastes.
>>
>>51129257
>And it's quality is subjective to tastes.
Not really. Nobody would ever claim the game is a work of art, moreso that it's not a complete mess anymore.
Which is subjective, but from a more objective standpoint it's really nothing special. It's basically the barebones of a wargame. If that's ok or not is what people disagree on.
>>
>>51129257
It's complete garbage. It has not redeeming qualities. Literally any other war game on the market is better.
>>
>>51129636

I like it and I think it does have redeeming qualities.
>>
>>51129636
I bet this faggot thinks kings of war is good.
>>
>>51130695
Bad but still better than Age of Sigmar. Monopoly involves more tactical decision making than Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>51129896
You're wrong.
>>
>>51129896
Such as?
>>
>>51129454
>Which is subjective, but from a more objective standpoint it's really nothing special. It's basically the barebones of a wargame.
This. In a sense AoS is closer to a game like KoW than old WHFB, because both are unfinished as games. It has barebones rules, no real setting, no real community.

We'll see. Personally I see more KoW than AoS around me but that's because the LFGS tend not to encourage GW products since they make less margin and GW are dicks with unreasonable demands compared to their competitor, and the GW store in my city is a shitty one man store.
>>
>>51117738
If I say "add five, multiply by three", what do I mean? By your logic, I should multiply first despite the fact that the command to multiply came second

BODMAS applies to standard mathematical notation, it doesn't apply to the English language.
>>
The people who hate AoS fall into one of three camps and sometimes a combination of the three.

1. WFBfags who cannot and will not accept that their game is dead. That WFB wasn't selling. That the entry cost was too high. That most people tend to prefer skirmish style games to ranked units.

2. Lorefags who insist that "the old world could have been saved, they didn't need to blow it up!" Ultra-autistic fags who are way too attached to a fictional world. They hate that the setting went from standard fantasy to ultra high fantasy. Basically they hate any deviation from the old world.

3. WAACfags who want needless complexity in the game, usually because they figure out pretty quickly that there are no broken combos and everything works and has a place in an army. These players seem to want additional tables, phases, rules, etc., despite the fact that those things are unnecessary and clutter up game play with trivial crap.
They seem to believe that this game needs a textbook of rules like 40k or Warmachine.
>>
>>51131780
You're right it has no commu-

www.tga.community

oh w-
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/search?q=age+of+sigmar

ehm...

(age of sigmar fans facebook group has 9k followers).

Yeah, no community at all, it's not like the points system was made by the community at all. Right?

Right?

And no real setting? Now you're talking out of your ass. Again.
>>
>Criticise AoS rules

IT'S NOT A SERIOUS GAME GET A LIFE

>Criticise AoS Lore

IT'S HIGH FANTASY DON'T TAKE IT SO SERIOUS
>>
>>51132206
>plies to standard mathematical no

Only that by virtue of a comma or just the order of your wording you're making clear that the sum goes prior to the multiplication. Is this the american education striking again?
>>
I like it because it allows me to drink the tears of WHFB fans.
>>
>>51132252
Are you trying to imply that it's a big community ?

You're probably a bit to young to remember the warhammer community, the faction forums and all that jazz. I was pretty big, but it started to decline after 2007 or 2008.
>>
I think they should have started the lore during the back story & pre-Sigmar age. The leap from WHFB to AoS would have been easier if they didn't have much of the back story be only back story. There could have been an event about the Elves capturing Slaanesh.
>>
>>51132361
I'm implying that there's a community and that it is decent for what is a 1-year game, despite all the salt that's been poured.
>>
>>51127188
>Sigmaringen
>Schramleben
>Verbogenwald
>Bernloch
>Siegfriedhof
>Bissendorf
>Axelgrube
>Leicheberg
>Teufelheim

And that's just Sylvania.
>>
>>51132576
Man, Sylvania is a swell place.
>>
People who have made up their minds about AoS are never going to change. They just want to shit on AoS because it took WFB's place and nothing will ever be able to replace it for them. Therefore, people who actually like AoS and are having fun are horrible people pissing on the grave of WFB.
>>
I think it's fun how often you hear that AoS "killed" the WHFB setting, or that GW killed WHFB because of AoS.

WHFB was dying on its own. GW only pulled the plug. The only thing that killed it was the toxic fanbase that welcomed the newbie with 2000 points only tournament armies and destroying him multiple times "to teach him how you truly play". A scene I have seen more than once.

AoS was created as a replacement, but its birth was a direct consequence of the fact that WHFB was going away. Not the opposite.
>>
>>51132252
>9k people world wide
>a lot
>mfw
Also
>reddit
>meaning anything
Based on your posting style, I suggest you head back to r/AoS, you colossal faggot.
AoS is an objectively inferior game to both 40k and WHFB, and practically every other game on the market. The lore is complete and utter shit, and the art is horrendous.
>>
>>51132252
>9k people
>WHFB fan page has 34k
>AoS has less fans than a dead game
>>
File: 19789999[1].jpg (105KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
19789999[1].jpg
105KB, 400x345px
>>51132969
>objectively
>>
>>51133057
Yes, objectively. It objectively has less features and less options for players than 40k or WHFB.
Stuff like 2d6 for any spell objectively presents the players less options in terms of tactics and strategies for casting than 40k or WHFB
Battleshock is objectively inferior and less realistic than morale in 40k or WHFB.
The game is objectively more simplistic than 40k or WHFB. And in this case, it is not simplistic in a good way.
>>
>>51112962
It's fun.

Case closed.
Holy shit, who knew games were supposed to be fun?
>>
>>51133179
Having two thousand options of which only 2 are viable is not superior to having five options all viable. It's just clutter and false choice.
>>
>>51133280
>Having two thousand options of which only 2 are viable is not superior to having five options all viable
>what is fluffy and narrative play?
Yes, stuff like grav is objectively superior to plasma. But if I'm running a Dangles list, I'll opt for plasma because it's fluffy. Having more options, even if they aren't viable in competitive play, allows for more options and thus more variety than the barebones stuff of AoS.
>>
>>51133004
Fan page is 10+ years old.
AoS is 1 year old.

And growing stronger.
>>
>>51133179
>MUH OPSHUNS
How many are viable per codex? 4? 3? Tyranids is just FMC spam and deepstriking sporemine troops taxes at this point. Every army book in sigmar is useful. Hell, old world factions are still updated and are great. You don't have to play Grand Alliance Death, you can play vampire counts instead. You don't have to play Dwarves, you could play fireslayers instead. But hey, it's not like every unit has half a dozen keywords to match up and make armies with that provide bonuses and synergies or anything.

>MUH FECHUZ
Of course, how could a game intended for narratives and fun have less features. it's not like it features open, matched, narrative and campaign play like every other wargame.

>MUH BADDLESHOK
Literally spend 5 minutes reading about moral in ancient warfare. People bailed all the fucking time, sometimes the bulk or little scraps of a unit stayed behind. Sometimes they didn't. It was never an all or nothing event.

>MUH STRAGY!
You mean hundreds of options all of which can be combined and synergized in different ways, in a game full of subfactions and keywords to build hugely divergent lists around with hugely different play styles?

>MUH MERGERK!
You get to choose your spells in Sigmar. You're never fucked out of something viable for something worthless. You always get to make sure your magic is keyed to your units and strategy.

>MUH KERMPLEXITOY
A textbook of trainwreck rules like 40k or fantasy doesn't make for a good game. It's a stockholm syndrome tainted autism that keeps you there. Age of sigmar is a concise and streamlined game. Because it exists for you to have fun. Not to fuck around with rulebooks arguing over bullshit.

>MUH LURR!
Write. Your. Own. That's why it's vague. To give you options! The thing you were just bitching about a lack of? Sit down, hash out a campaign, make your story, get some friends (if people can tolerate you.) and play it.
>>
>>51133457
He was talking about spells and shit. If we are talking about unit options AoS has the same options of WHFB except for the fact that everything is at least viable, so you don't have to choose everytime between shit and fluffy and strong and boring.
>>
>>51132219
>2. Lorefags who insist that "the old world could have been saved, they didn't need to blow it up!" Ultra-autistic fags who are way too attached to a fictional world. They hate that the setting went from standard fantasy to ultra high fantasy. Basically they hate any deviation from the old world.
To be fair, the Old World was a fun setting for WHRP. WHFB was a complicated game that no one had the money or patience for anymore.
But the Old World was an honestly compelling setting. The Mortal Realms are...less so.

There's nothing that immediately grabs my attention about it. I'm trying to think about specific things to criticize, but the setting's so milquetoast that I don't remember anything about it beyond it being some bizarre mix between WoW's Outworld and the Marvel's version of Norse mythology.
>>
>>51133660
THe mortal realms are a year old. They're intended for you to invent your own stories in. Like GURPS. More will be added as time passes.
>>
>>51132576
Neither for the living nor those who know German. It's like claws on a chalkboard.
>>
>>51133734
Sry meant for
>>51132601
>>
>>51133694
>Like GURPS.
That's a red flag.

>invent your own stories in.
Believe me, I like emergent story-telling. Games with vague lore that you the player need to fill in are among my favourite.
BUT they need to catch my attention. They need to make me want to create a narrative.

So far the Mortal Realms don't do that for me. It just feels so generic. It's 'iconic character' is a giant clad in lightning armour with a blank face for a helmet.
That neutral expression is like a microcosm of how I feel about Age of Sigmar:
Shiny, polished. Smooth even. But blank and emotionless.
>>
>>51112962
There will never be consensus.

My evaluation of it is that it was a promising idea that has gone wrong in every way. Its lore and design modus have gone completely off the rails into stupid uninspired bollocks territory and many aspects of the setting are disjointed and forced, and clearly only exist for branding purposes.

The game is uninteresting. I hear people say it's fun, but every time I've tried I've found it boring as hell, mostly because it has zero depth. You mash your dudes against the enemy dudes and if you roll good you win. Little thought has been put into the mechanics, and maybe that's intentional, to make the game more friendly to younger audiences, but that kind of game is not for me. It just doesn't have the tactical depth that makes other games interesting, and it no longer has an interesting setting to help mask the mediocre ruleset.

Also, £50 for five dudes that I'll need twenty+ of for a decent game is absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>51133840
I think a big problem was that they relegated all the interesting lore in the novels and put basically nothing in the Battletomes. A big source of lore in WHFB and 40k were the codexes and the amybooks. Which is a good thing because when the entry level shows you the interesting bits then you are encouraged to read more deeply.

in AoS for whatever the fuck reason they instead put all the interesting fluff, (of which there was already little) in the novels. Look at stormcast. In the novels they have lots of characterization, we have good characters, etc. In the battletome they are as you said shiny and blank. Who the fuck is going to read the novel about them if the preview doesn't have anything of the things that makes them interesting?
>>
>>51132576
Sigmaringen is actually a real place y'know. My grandparents used to live there.
>>
>>51132219
>They seem to believe that this game needs a textbook of rules like 40k or Warmachine.

Shows what you know. Warmachine has around the same amount of core rules as AoS - like everything in AoS, the special rules are all on character cards. Where do you think GW got that idea from?

The difference is that Warmahordes' core rules are just much tighter.
>>
>>51134015
Yeah exactly
>>
Look at Warmahordes, that is what happens to wargaming when you let Waac fags develop the game. I'd rather have loose rules than the insistence on ultra precise movements and a player base that aims to constantly break the game.
>>
>>51114035
>There are no unbeatable combos
beastclaw???

rapes my ass everytime. wins local tourney everytime
>>
>>51134637
They are without doubt pretty strong, but they are far from unbeatable. Seraphon, Sylvaneth, Bonesplitterz, Stormcast and others are hard fights for them. Also if you go pure beastclaws you have lots of problems on objectives.
>>
"Braying Warcry: Red-hot rage festers in
the savage minds of Wargors, their only
desire to rend and destroy.
You can add 1 to all hit rolls made for a Wargor if, before
rolling the dice, you let loose a primal
warcry. Your warcry must use no actual
words, but angry grunts and raging snorts
are encouraged."

"The Grail Vow: You can re-roll all failed
hit rolls for this unit if, before rolling the
dice, you hold aloft a grail or goblet and
shout 'For the Lady' in a heroic voice."

"Pride of the Reiksguard: Helborg's
skill is as legendary as his moustache is
magnificent. You can re-roll any failed hit
rolls when attacking with the Runefang
so long as you have a bigger and more
impressive moustache than your opponent."

How the fuck do you defend this?
>>
warmahordes is fine as it is. It is for a different audience. I like it because it has the tight and clear ruleset and is very challenging and not forgiving mistakes. Same goes for Infinity.
If I want a fun game with narrative I play Frostgrave or mordheim, heck even whfb, 9th age and KoW are kind of relaxing. But they still require a minimum of brain activity. Not like AoS. it is not a game it is an abomination.
>>
>>51134838
By saying: hey it's a joke, the FAQ says we don't need to do so to activate the effects (Minus the bell's 13, that shit doesn't count says the faq) how about we take it as such??

How about that for a defense?
>>
>>51134914
>9th age is relaxing.

LMAO.
>>
>>51134035
I found the autist WAAC everyone!
>>
>>51135343
GW games give people brain damage. They are the only community to retarded to consider "trying to win" a sin. They are the only community so used to the abusive relationship they have with a corporation that they develop cult like terms for people "dont play the game right". For some reason it's the player's fault that the company made shitty broken rules. You're just supposed to pretend the rules work even though they don't. It's like a more severe version of those people who defend Paizo because "oh your GM can fix the shitty broken rules the company gave us".
>>
>>51135927
Butthurt ahoy!
>>
>>51134838
Outdated rules for outdated armies, it's not like you use old codices in 40k for unsupported armies.

Also, you have no one else to blame for your autism.
>>
>>51134018
Mein Beileid.
>>
>>51135927
>I'm the kind of faggot that spends $500 on a deck to play TCG's with his friends using $20 prebuilts.
>Why don't they play just like me, it's like they have fucking braindamage or something. Clearly the way I want to play is the only possibly reasonable way.

If you're so utterly unreasonable that you can't comprehend people wanting to play fluffy or casual games, it's because you're disconnected from humanity.

That's not a good thing.

You've got a defective brain.

But you probably know you're a sperg already so I don't really need to remind you.
>>
I am happy that this game is disliked by WAAC fags. Don't try to convince them to play.
>>
>>51136223
>spends hundreds of dollars on GW games
>claims other people have spending problem.

Maybe you're just retarded because you play GW games but let me spell it out for you. A game balanced for fair play is better for casual play. GW games force me to consider that I might accidentally create a broken army. GW games have trap units that exist for no reason but to take the money for newbies and actively make their armies worse. A good game makes it so there are as few trap options and game breakers as possible. Instead GW games are built so that the players are required to have an amount of system mastery that it ONLY works for the most degenerate autists in the world.
>>
>>51137240
Butthurt ahoy! So tell us, how many generations of inbreeding were needed to make a spawn such as you?
>>
>>51135985
>>51136041
>>51137721
Goddamn Im loving this. GW has basically already banished aos to the closet and is neglecting it much as they did WHFB in any given year. Can't wait for those gwbabbies to shit their diapers when GW squats aos & 40k this year calls it a day and then dumps their own shares to hasbro.
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.