[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tg/ prefer: rolling to take all the damage or none

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: arthas_and_jaina.jpg (494KB, 1160x1500px) Image search: [Google]
arthas_and_jaina.jpg
494KB, 1160x1500px
What does /tg/ prefer: rolling to take all the damage or none of it, or having a value that reduces incoming damage?

inb4 "a mix of the two
>>
Which ever resolves quicker
>>
>>51110858
I actually would prefer a mixture of the two, preferably something along the lines of you being nearly guaranteed to hit unless they pump the shit out of their AC-equivalent but with several tiers of hits beyond just "regular" and "crit."

If I had to pick just one, though, I'd go with the damage reduction.
>>
conceptually, all or nothing. in practice, i'll take whatever i can get more of. bad example here, but when I did WoW my tanks would always stack dodge or parry first as it would significantly reduce the work the healer would need to do
>>
>>51113882
So you really like how damage works in Pokemon, then?
>>
>>51114477
Sure? I mainly played those as a kid so I never really looked under the hood but it fits well enough from what I remember.

I was mainly thinking of Pillars of Eternity and the Disgaea series. Technically also how (martial) combat tends to be done in high level 3.X, just with games actually designed for that.

Also, I forgot to mention before that, when it comes to games where you have to actually roll dice and do the math yourself (so not vidya) I prefer having the accuracy + damage be calculated by a single roll (or at least roll both at the same time).
>>
>>51114757
Pokémon is you hit pretty much always, since most moves are 100% and evasion increase/accuracy reduction isn't super common, then there's some math done based on your attack, the move's power and the target's defense, then you take the final number and multiply it by a roll between 1 and 0.8.
>>
>>51110858
Both.

You roll to hit, then either you roll to wound or the opponent roll to absorb. Not both of them because it really bloats the game
>>
>>51115129
But wound/soak difficulties should be based on what you hit with vs. what you are hitting.

Agree on roll to wound vs. roll to absorb, though.
>>
File: wipe this meme.jpg (874KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wipe this meme.jpg
874KB, 1280x720px
Wearing armor doesn't make you prance around like a fairy and dodge attacks more often, if anything it makes you an easier target. What wearing armor does do is it makes blows hurt less. Damage reduction over all-or-nothing any day of the week.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.