[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best examples of people losing their humanity in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 66

File: 5454946147154515641.jpg (64KB, 786x519px) Image search: [Google]
5454946147154515641.jpg
64KB, 786x519px
What are the best examples of people losing their humanity in order to protect it?
>>
Hummanity is a state of mind not how you look.

Take Space Marines for example yeah some chapters are unemotional edge lords but then you got the salamanders who care for humans even with the salamanders scary appearance.

Also Geralt had a heart of gold and always proved his hummanity

>inb4 killing monsters and that sword is for monsters
>>
File: DJT_Headshot_V2.jpg (547KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DJT_Headshot_V2.jpg
547KB, 400x400px
>>51108978
>>
File: It_was_fun.jpg (46KB, 1024x536px) Image search: [Google]
It_was_fun.jpg
46KB, 1024x536px
>>51108978
Because giving your life for others is one of the most difficult and selfless acts you can do.

Ever try to serve people and their needs? People are self-centered assholes who will take advantage of you at a moment's notice.
You will be ridiculed, mocked, and treated like shit by those you care about.
You may grow callous, abrasive, and numb to their problems, and your thoughts will dwell on whether or not they really deserve your treatment.

But despite all of this, when the hammer comes down, and you resist the urge to let the long-deserved karma take place, and instead take the blow yourself, people will ask why.
You usually won't be a hero to the rest of the world, hell, your name might be said with a hint of disgust.
But for who you saved, their eyes will be opened, that you gave your all not for glory or honor, but for them.
They will realize the pain they've caused to you, the burden they threw on your back. Some will curse you still, guilty with the knowledge that the bullet was meant for them.

But some will see clearly, and maybe, just maybe, they will follow your example and leave behind their old life.

And for you?
Whether you knew it or not, it was never about fame, fortune, or honor, it was about your legacy.
>>
File: What am I reading.gif (1MB, 430x360px) Image search: [Google]
What am I reading.gif
1MB, 430x360px
>>51108978
>Witcher
>Loosing their humanity
>>
>>51109179

School of the Cat were kinda insane
>>
>>51109188
That's the thing though most schools had recurring behaviors wolf's being benevolence, snake being stoicism, cat being insanity which suggest that either the mutations heavily affected their minds or the upbringing the schools gave is what changed the witchers.
>>
>>51109188
>>51109264
What fucking school?! You vidya faggots are the worst. Never touched the lore, never touched the source material, taking all the fucking trash-tier elements introduced for purely game mechanics at face value and then pretending it's the lore.
Get the fuck out.
This is one of those rare moments when I understand why Sapkowski is fucking pissed at CDPR and their handling of certain aspects of the lore.
>>
>>51108978
>humanity meme
Stop it. You don't lose your "humanity" or stop "being human" by being and edgelord, you just become an autistic jerk.
>>
>>51109305

Relax man even in the game the other schools barely mattered.

The game added Cat.Viper, and Bear right? but this was mostly in armor.
>>
>>51109422
Yes, it was, but there is now an army of faggots who won't just shut up about schools and their importance and different philosophy...
... all based on the fact there are few armour types and absolutely zero lore added to that.
>>
>>51109474

Really? Id love some more shit on Bear
>>
>>51109474
There are quests involving the other schools that aren't about armor.
>>
>>51109474
There's quite a bit of lore on the other schools in-game, though. You find journals written both by and about members of said schools that infer a lot of their personality and their reputation. You can also meet at least two cat school members personally.
>>
>>51109611
>>51109673
Which part of "in-game" you don't get? They've fucking made this shit on the spot just to have excuse for custom witcher armors. This shit doesn't stick and it fucking outright makes no sense toward the rest of the lore.
Have you ever read the source material, for fucks sake?
>>
>>51109774
I never even played or read anything Witcher related, but your sperging out needs to keep going lol.
>>
File: 1448894002239.jpg (629KB, 1160x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1448894002239.jpg
629KB, 1160x1432px
>>
>>51109179
Yes, he let his humanity loose
He loosened his grip on his humanity
He loosed it
>>
>>51109774
If moving goalposts was an olympic discipline you would've scored silver, just behind the all time gold winner /pol/.
>>
>>51109774
Sapkowski should probably take a look at his bank account before he curses CDPR all too badly, because if he hasn't profited from the massive interest in his work that the games have created then he's been ripped off, and not by CDPR.

As for you, it's time to accept that the games are what people in general will think of when The Witcher is mentioned. CDPR simply did a much better job than the author and his publisher at bringing it all to the masses, and no amount of impotent nerd rage will let you change this.

Cat school's here to stay. Deal with it.
>>
>>51109860

What is that?
>>
>>51109952
Having actually read some of the books, I'd consider the games better than the books in many other ways. Not to say the books are bad, far from it, but they aren't all that special. They're solid fantasy novels with some pretty interesting things in them, but their greatest merit is in the fact that they've given inspiration to the WIthcer games.
>>
File: anderson.png (920KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
anderson.png
920KB, 1280x720px
Catholics.
>>
>>51110010
witcher 3 inspired me to find the books and begin reading, and while I'd like to be mocking the nerf rage..well the warcraft movie is too recent for that particular logic leap
>>
>>51108978
Alcatraz/Prophet.
>>
>>51108978
Once upon a time, a very vengeful race of aliens came across a human ship, in order to blow up the human race.

The human ship, not wanting that to happen, sent a message back, and then deleted the information of humanity to prevent the aliens from finding out where it was.

Thus, they lost their humanity, but so did the aliens.

The end.
>>
>>51109952
I guess you don't know shit about Sapkowski. And how he constantly spergs about CDPR ruining his precious saga.
Also, due to the way how all things were arranged, he earns literally NOTHING on Witcher, be it books or games. This is the main reason why he wrote the fanfic-tier Season of Storms - to at least get some cash out of the surge in Witcher popularity.

>it's time to accept that the games are what people in general will think of when The Witcher is mentioned
Outside Poland - sure
In Poland - you you fucking insane?

>>51110010
Let me guess - non-Pole, reading the translator-tier English version? I don't mind, I just point out how the translation literally killed everything that was good in those books.
It's the same shit as with Lem, even if Sapkowski is few leagues lower than masterful Lem prose. They are both fucking hard to translate, since the entire point of their writing lies in the language it's written in.
>>
>>51111315
>since the entire point of their writing lies in the language it's written in.
Fucking this.

Witcher after translation is just an average looking dark fantasy, with dreadfully wooden dialogues. Who the fuck commited that god-awful translation? I mean I've read badly translated shit, I've read butchered stuff, but this is some sort of new golden standard when it comes to shit-tier job. Especially the dialogues.
Fucking fan translations are better, even if they have their quirks too.
>>
File: Nigga....jpg (56KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nigga....jpg
56KB, 800x450px
>>51110010
>their greatest merit is in the fact that they've given inspiration to the WIthcer games.
Just out of curiosity - which translation you read? Please don't tell me the official one
>>
>>51111315
>>51111366
>>51111479
Fuck off already. Nobody cares about the books.
>>
>>51109952
Cat school was a mistake, just like the entire comics that introduced them. Everyone knows that and even CDPR ended up regretting they've picked that edgy trash up to their games.
>>
>>51111506
>Witcher books brought up on just about any board
>Gets seriously surprised when Poles show up to discuss this further
>>
>>51111506
Since when "I" means "nobody" or just about anyone else than you yourself?

>>51111541
Fuck off, I'm Czech
>>
>>51111506
Let me get this straigh - a book series that endured for 30 years and is a stample of how to do fantasy in Central and Eastern Europe doesn't matter?
I guess you are GREATLY underestimating the percentage share Eurofags and Slavs make in this board.
>>
File: 1439951343441.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1439951343441.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>51111506
Son, half of Poland get into the hobby because of those books. That was a decade before vidya came around.
>>
>"i read the witcher and it was okay"
>"j-j-just the translation!! the book is super good you just dont understand!"
Fuck off.
>>
>>51111628
You could well say that it's their Lord of the Rings
>>
File: 1454969727824.png (212KB, 462x750px) Image search: [Google]
1454969727824.png
212KB, 462x750px
>>51111506
Oh boy, here we go...
>>
>>51111630
Well, it kinda is. The English translation is really that bad. I've read it first in Spanish and it was ok. Then I've read it English and it was fucking horrible.
>>
>>51109918
gold is gold faggot
>>
>>51108978
John S117, Halo. Fuck it, all Spartans. John especially because of his dynamic with cortana.
>>
>>51111506
Abandon thread, abandon thread...
>>
File: 1513215612151.jpg (48KB, 601x469px) Image search: [Google]
1513215612151.jpg
48KB, 601x469px
>Wanted a nice discussion on humanity and shit idunno
>See this

My luck sucks if half of my threads just turn into shit posting I didnt even start
>>
>>51111630
>The English translations kills just about any joke present in the text
>"J-j-just the book! The source is just average schlock, you just dont understand!"
>>
>>51110002

Once a man.
>>
>>51111740
This is what you get for posting witcher pictures and talking about lack of humanity. You are more than guilty for this mess.
>>
>>51109039
He said humanity, not dignity.
>>
>>51111788
He's double guilty?
>>
>>51111479
>>51111366
>>51111315
>>51111590
So, I recently read the Dutch translation of Ostatnie życzenie, because I can't read Polish. What kind of stuff would be easily lost in translation?

Also, it was bundled together with a recursive translation or Miecz przeznaczenia. Translated to Dutch from the German translation for some reason.
>>
>>51111791
To lose dignity, one must first have it.
>>
>>51109880
Makes more sense than claiming he *lost* his humanity.
>>
>>51111812
The German translation is pretty good, so you should be more than happy. You could always end up with English translation used as the basis.

Let's think... "The witcher" has few references and hard to translate phases. Just like the jokes in "The last wish". "End/Edge of the world" would be problematic, especially the final punchline (don't know Dutch, so not sure if it will work in direct translation in Dutch as a joke).
>>
>>51111812
The best translation ever is the Chinese one, because there are two versions of it. One from Taiwan and one from mainland.
It's like reading two completely different stories.
>>
>>51111315
>>51111366
It's funny, I think the same thing when a game comes out in Japanese, and the translators, rather than trying to make a one to one translation of the script, instead try to evoke the same feel and emotion the original script gave.
But people get made because it isn't "faithful" enough, but also get made when they realize the original script, in English, is dry as King Saul's bones and lacking all emotive power.
Also, old Sappy was a fucking fool, and got exactly what he deserved for signing terrible contracts.
>>
>>51111989
>and got exactly what he deserved for signing terrible contracts
And I'm not questioning that. He got what he deserves.

I'm just pointing out he gets absolutely nothing from both his own saga and the games. Which makes him even more delightfully ass-mad
>>
>>51111928
Well, you could just tell me the way the joke/phrasing works in Polish. I do think that, if there was a joke, it didn't land.

The problem with the recursive translation, is that suddenly Dandelion's name has a different translation. In the direct translation he's named "Ranonkel", which is a sorta direc ttranslation, while in the recursive translation he's named "Ridderspoor" (that translates to English as "Knight's Spur" or "Knight's Track", depending on etymology), which is a related plant.
>>
>>51112181
Not him, but original Jaskier refers to Ranunculus genus. For whatever reason every single damn language picks completely different plant.

And I think the joke he's refering to as a punchline in The Edge of the World is how they all go asleep and the "devil" says "Goodnight". In Polish the flowery way to say something is Bumfuck, Nowhere is to call it "A place where the devil says goodnight".
>>
>>51112181
>>51112336
>mfw they could just call him Buttercup
>>
>>51111719
They lost their humanity to stop the innies desu
>>
File: bSQF4AV.png (49KB, 962x697px) Image search: [Google]
bSQF4AV.png
49KB, 962x697px
>>51111989
>>51112082
So. What. Is that guy the fucking Polish Tolkien estate or something?
>>
>>51112365
I read that most translations don't do that, because Buttercup and it's various translations are usually feminine names, while Jaskier still sounds masculine, with a flowery flourish.

>>51112336
>In Polish the flowery way to say something is Bumfuck, Nowhere is to call it "A place where the devil says goodnight".
Ah yes, there's no way equivalent idom in Dutch that could've worked there. Darmok and Jalad and all that.
>>
>>51112522
Kinda-sorta-in-a-way.
He's probably the most recognisable and influencial fantasy writer on the scene that in the same time isn't some insane right-wing nutjob writing exclusively about "Great Polania" or some other shit to stroke his national ego.
In fact, if you think about it, he's the only Pole shitting on Poles and "cebulactwo", aka being meme-tier Pollack moron.
>>
>>51111802
He could delete the thread and start again.
>>
>>51112522
No, by no means, he's rather popular, but people tend to overhype them because for most people it was the main fantasy series they grew up with. He has some moments when he's great, but truth be told there are way more medicore parts.
>>
>>51112576
he's also a compleat asshole and a cebulak half the time
>>
>>51112365
>>
>>51112735
It's pretty much a down-ward curve for his quality. He started really high with short stories, then wrote saga and then fame hit what was left of his brain, so he went wild with the god-awful Hussite Trilogy and then just started to live on the fame as "THE Andrzej Sapkowski"

>>51112755
Which is ironic if you ask me - the biggest asshole around pointing fingers at others. Typical cebula.

>>51112522
Also, constantly drunk. No, not as a joke, the guy is pretty much what passes as "functional alcoholic"
>>
>>51112522
that's Lem. We never had THE fantasy writer. We had few THE science fiction writers though.
>>
File: Serenity-featured-2.jpg (31KB, 940x400px) Image search: [Google]
Serenity-featured-2.jpg
31KB, 940x400px
>>51108978
>What are the best examples of people losing their humanity in order to protect it?
Just giving my answer to OP.
Sorry to interupt your discussion by staying on topic.
Party on.
>>
File: digression - the board.jpg (73KB, 1194x552px) Image search: [Google]
digression - the board.jpg
73KB, 1194x552px
>>51112958
>staying on topic
>on /tg/
>>
>>51109305

Cat school was around in the original books
>>
>>51112859
We literally had Lem as THE science fiction writer. Everyone else is just mediocre.
>>
>>51112831
The hussite trilogy is not half bad, the problem si that everyone was treating it as the next coming of christ instead of something a bit above dragonlance level, it sucked me in, but mostly because it did not require a lot of brain power to do so
>>
>>51112996
Cat School was only in the shitty comics book, you stupid cunt. Nice knowing you have no clue the fuck you are even talking about.

>B-but muh medalions from Bonhart
So fucking what. Sapkowski, being a troll like always, intentionally placed differently shaped amulets by the end of saga, precisely to mess up with autists. He openly admitted that around the time when he publushed first part of Hussite Trilogy.
>>
>>51109031
>even with the salamanders scary appearance.

Come on now anon. Just cause they're black doesn't mean that they're scary.
>>
>>51111719
The sad thing attached to this is that everyone thinks they are doing what is best, and everyone is pretty much wrong at the same time.
>Cortana just wants her man to be safe
>whole situation would be solved if she got the D she is thirsty for
>>
>>51113060

Around Salamandres never relax.
>>
>>51113018
Zajdel was good, Dukaj had a lot of promis
>>
>>51113058
It's still nowhere near Witcher level, and witcher already wasn't anything top-quality. Good, but not top notch. Which makes the trilogy average at best. Hence the downward curve sticks.
And the less is said about Viper and SoS, the better.

Fucking SoS is a literal 5 pages long script stretched into excruciating 300+ pages of bullshit.
>>
>>51113018
>muh zajdel
i mean he kinda worked only in that specific time and place, but he was great anyway. And yeah, Lem just grew and grew as a writer and started doing something beyond normal sf
>>
>>51112995
I already apologized for it.
Heh

I like that, based from that screencap, the OP might have come away from that thread thinking they still didn't know what /tg/ was about, despite literally being an example.
>>
>>51113107
Right, my bad, I forgot about Zajdel.

But Dukaj is precisely the insufferable "Great Polania" nutjob I've mentioned.
>>
>>51113176
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY
>>
>>51110715
kek
>>
>>51113148
In person? I mean he had a patriotic vibe, but Xavras Wyrżyn took a great steamy shit on nationalists showing them as the the terrorists they are
>>
>>51113107
>Dukaj
Sorry, if someone writes 100% serious story about time traveller turning II RP into world superpower that blew Nazis and USSR with nuclear bombs... no, just no.
And that story is a perfect reflection of all his works.
>>
>>51108978
Does Anakin count?
>>
>>51113148
other anon. You mean shit like wroniec, right? I never cared about dukaj aside from Król Bólu, it has really greatly written bits here and there. Nowhere Lem level though.
>>
>>51113202
Shame he then wrote literal FUCKTONE of shit-ass alt-history, where Poland is AT LEAST a great power, if not outright galactic empire.
And then is the general quality of his works and his language.

Nah, this is just a guy who writes easy-to-digest self-fulfilment stories. A Harlequinns for Sebas and Matis.
>>
>>51113230
That was Pilipiuk.

But then again, Dukaj writes almost the same stuff, so who cares.
>>
>>51113284
Point taken
>>
>>51113329
och god dont even star me on pilipiuk and piekara
>>
>>51112755
>cebulak
>cebula
>cebulactwo
Your language is odd and possibly frightening to me.
What are your most popular insults for Brits, Americans and Chinese people?
>>
File: 00023598.jpg (98KB, 800x519px) Image search: [Google]
00023598.jpg
98KB, 800x519px
>>51108978
>>
>>51113462
Brits is brytole/angole , americans is either chamerykanie (plebmericans or jackassmericans would be a good translation) or amerykańce, chinese would be żóltek (yellow man) skosny (diagnal) or ping-pong
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 225x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 225x326px
Claymore had something like that.
>>
>>51111506
Never thought I´d hear that on tg
>>
>>51113059
They are in games, so they are part of the lore now. Not the books lore, but witcher lore none the less.

Sapkowski himself has said that books and games are different beasts that he considers to be different entities. You are an idiot that cannot comprehend that when someone says "Witcher" he does not need to mean only book Witcher.
>>
>>51109305
We're talking about the Witcher games because someone posted a screens hot from the Witcher GAMES. Do you have to be this autistic?
>>
>>51109474
You learn a lot about the schools by gathering notes during their respective quests.
>>
>>51113462
>>51113500
Note that all of those attributed to Chinese work for Asians living in Far East in general. Cing-ciong is probably the only Chinese-specific

Also, brytole and angole aren't even insults in the first place. They are just augmentatives of Brytyjczycy (plural British) and Anglicy (Englishmen), respectively.

We usually just call people with a fuckload of insults, regardless of nationality, if planning to be extra-rude.
But sure, there are specifics, like żabojady (frog-eaters, go figure who's that) or knedliki (about Czechs, referring their dumplings) or maniana (usually toward Spaniards, but any Southerners can qualify). Chamerykanie is a pretty new one, just few years old, but it quickly picked up popularity
>>
>>51114017
Not even him, but why are you so eager to reignite the shitstorm, especially while you've saged?
>>
>>51114244
chamerykanie is old as fuck, i remember it being used when i lived in the states and came back for holiday, and that was like 12 year ago
>>
>>51113441
pilipiuk at least doesn't take himself seriously... I think...
>>51113462
I think we've had too little contact with them to develop any particular insults. brytol chinol and amerykaniec would be mildly disrespectful forms akin to "yankee" or "ruskie"
>>
I read the English Translation of The Last Wish and enjoyed it. Admittedly, I have a tendency to glance at paragraphs, absorb the details and construct my own imagery.
>>
File: All_will_Freeze_before_me.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
All_will_Freeze_before_me.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>51109356
>he doesn't literally give up portions of the human emotional spectrum for the power to defeat his enemies

What are you, someone who actually takes the hard way? You haven't easy-moded until you've given up your ability to love in exchange for PURE POWER.
>>
File: Goblin Slayer.jpg (58KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Slayer.jpg
58KB, 480x360px
>>51108978
>still completely biologically human

>lives in the filth
>fueled by pure hatred
>basically autism and PTSD taken to it's violent genocidal extreme
>doesn't function socially like a normal human
>single minded mission to Genocide Goblins
>is so good at fighting goblins that chick asks if he sees in the dark
>literally doesn't give a shit about anything that isn't killing goblins
>holy fuck goblins are small, they must have small guts
>rip and tear bitch
>>
>>51109157
Underrated post. Sad to see this was ignored.
>>
>>51115115
Granted this is a terrible gif for that, and I'll probably be called out on it before I even finish typing this post.
>>
>>51115230
There's a quote somewhere that goes something like "Humans are capable of atrocities that would put devils to shame, but they are also capable of acts of kindness that would make angels weep." but I don't remember the exact wording.
>>
>>51115230
He may look human, but you can't tell me there's not bits of (if not most of) his soul missing.
>>
>>51111315
Holy shit the goalposts are in space at this point

You've moved them so hard they achieved relativistic velocity
>>
>>51113060
>Come on now anon. Just cause they're black doesn't mean that they're scary.
but you know, Salamanders aren't black, there are pitch black, and don't forget the red eyes
>>
>>51115372
wasn't it more like, that trough the eyes of a goblin, he is a goblin?
>>
File: disdainforplebs.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
disdainforplebs.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>51109179
>doesn't read Polish
>2017
>>
>>51116567
The quote I was thinking of wasn't from goblin slayer, but that quote works fine too.
>>
>>51109305
>I understand why Sapkowski is fucking pissed at CDPR and their handling of certain aspects of the lore.
Sapkowski is an alcoholic. He's pissed at CDPR because that's his nature, not because he has any good reason to be.
>>
>>51116610
>Implying witchers lost their humanity in any sense
Unless we are talking in purely biological terms, you couldn't be more wrong.
Alternatively - you know the lore from the TV series.
>>
>>51111479
>Just out of curiosity - which translation you read? Please don't tell me the official one
I originally read it in the Spanish translation, but also in Russian and Polish since then. Because I was learning Russian and I figured fuck it, I've fucked enough Polish girls that I could stand to learn how to call them sluts in their own language.
>>
File: 1456903255863.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456903255863.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>51114244
>>51114356
It was popular in early 90s, then completely died and resurfaced again when 'Murrica became an international meme.
>>
>>51116674
>translation
>Polish
Anon, just out of curiosity - how the hell one can translate from language A to language A?
>>
>>51116660
>Unless we are talking in purely biological terms, you couldn't be more wrong.
Are we not talking biologically? Because that's the Witcher's bargain; some lost humanity in exchange for the ability to save humanity. Geralt himself calls it a rotten deal.
>>
File: 1473908213632.jpg (247KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1473908213632.jpg
247KB, 1224x1445px
>>51116741
>Are we not talking biologically?
>>
>>51116725
>Anon, just out of curiosity - how the hell one can translate from language A to language A?
Sorry for non-English as a first language folks.

What I did is an American thing where I slammed two separate sentences together with a comma. The implied subject (i.e. not stated) is Sapkowski's books.

My mistake, not yours. Cheers.
>>
>>51116373
The red glowing eyes no less.
>>
>>51116758
Well the question didn't bound it. It could have meant anything, really. Like kurwa.
>>
>>51116741
Daily reminder that "humanity" and "human" are not the same in English language, you fucking dipshit.
Not to mention "human" exceeding beyond "name of a species"

I know this doesn't work the same in Polish, but we are not discussing in Polish here.
>>
>>51111506
I have no picture to represent how stupid that post is.

Have this one instead.
>>
>>51116787
Google "define humanity." Then click "show more." Now re-read 1.

If you'd like I can also provide instructions for removing your foot from your mouth.
>>
>>51116787
This is actually pretty neat semantics, because in Polish you can't, for example, use term like "men" to describe an elf or dwarf, since, they both aren't men and aren't human.
This can lampshade why witcherverse is so racist - in Polish you simply can't discuss humanity of something that isn't human. You literally can't name them human, if they aren't one biologically.
>>
File: moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (28KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
28KB, 300x240px
>>51116812
Keep trying, son. It won't change the fact you are using semantics of language A to talk in language B.
>>
>>51116857
>Keep trying, son. It won't change the fact you are using semantics of language A to talk in language B.
Wait what? The question was asked in English. In English, 'humanity' means multiple things. Like read. See also: can you?
>>
File: reactionshot2.gif (2MB, 250x161px) Image search: [Google]
reactionshot2.gif
2MB, 250x161px
>>51116812
>>51116887
>>
File: o.gif (2MB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
o.gif
2MB, 320x256px
>>51116887
>>
>>51116567
"To the goblins, I must be a goblin"

He means to say that while he's still very much a human in every sense, he's essentially seeing what it's like to be a boogie man from the boogie man's side. The goblins don't understand him to be another human, he's their monster.
>>
>>51116887
>>51116916
>Samefagging own post with a reaction image
Cebula/10
>>
>>51109157
>>51115262
>Underrated post. Sad to see this was ignored.
This
>>
>>51116909
He seems to be an arsehole who picks fights over twitter like he's a candidate rather than a president elect.

He seems a bit like Erogan in the sense he has to response to all criticism with an attack
>>
File: pol derails.png (115KB, 356x438px) Image search: [Google]
pol derails.png
115KB, 356x438px
>>51116909
>>51117291
And I was sure this thread can't go any worse
>>
File: 1458160158778.png (66KB, 266x237px) Image search: [Google]
1458160158778.png
66KB, 266x237px
>>51108978
>losing their humanity
>implying that humans are good at their core
>implying humans don't constantly thread the line between an actor blessed with reason and a desire-controlled beast
There's no such thing as losing your humanity, and there's nothing more human than being a total fucking degenerate.

I want humanists and primitivists to leave.
>>
File: despair but also despair.jpg (11KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
despair but also despair.jpg
11KB, 500x375px
>>51117851
But anon, you forget!

Both reason and desire mean nothing in the face of oblivion. The battle is already lost. Give up, and you may yet find some peace in your final moments.
>>
>>51109157
>a bloo bloo bloo I'm a humble servant that will get my reward in heaven
>tfw heaven was destroyed
>they "helped" one person too many, but the last one had the option to fuck them over for it
>>
>>51108978
Space marines if you think about it
>>
>>51108978
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream is probably one of the absolute best examples of this
>>
>>51109157
If they're going to be like that, why save them at all?

It's not like you can save the ones who are grateful, anyway. They all die in the end, no matter what you do. You think there's a reward for what you do? A punishment for the 'bad guy?' You think someone out there cares?
>>
File: Smelly dumb Republican scum.jpg (766KB, 514x1838px) Image search: [Google]
Smelly dumb Republican scum.jpg
766KB, 514x1838px
>>51117291
Don't even start. Don't bother arguing with Trump scum, they are genuinely some of the dumbest people on the planet.

How do you think that Pizza Gate became a thing?
>>
>>51117851
Any argument that includes meme words like "degenerate" is made immediately invalid, anon.
>>
>>51118171
Try I am Legend. The book one. Where Neville goes batshit insane by the end of it due to prolonged isolation, but still does all this shit he does day to day to stay alive.
Also, prepare tissues, since if that book won't make you cry, there is something wrong with you. As in - seriously, for-real wrong.
>>
>>51118304
>It's a meme word because /pol/ uses it
Next you're going to criticize me for saying "the"?
>>
>>51118324
As a guy who's first and second language doesn't have the absolutely retarded English articles, I say - FUCK THAT SHIT.

It makes no fucking sense, it has no place in language and is utterly useless.
>>
>>51118304
Let me guess - ludonarrative dissonance is gay and a buzzword?
>>
>>51109039
>>51111791
>>51111823

>What is ad-hominen.

You aren't getting paid anymore.
>>
>>51118305
I Am Legend is absolutely not a sad book, man. It's action packed.
>>
>>51118364
So what, whenever you're talking about a thing that there's only one of in your vicinity, you just say "one [thing]" as if there were invisible ones around?
>>
>>51116909
and, for the three billy goats gruff to cross over your troll bridge
>>
>>51118529
I'm not sure we read the same book.
Because beside that moment when his watch stopped (that was fucking tense), it was a long string of depressive scenes about a completely broken man. Not sure what was worse - how he spent two chapters trying to get that dog only for it to die, his wife coming back or his confession he had to stake her after spending few WEEKS trying to work out a way to keep her around and not end up dead in the process.

That book was depressive. Because it was about literal last human on Earth living last of his days and none of them was happy. In fact, it was a deconstruction of all fucking post-apo cliches, before there even were post-apo cliches.

Just out of curiosity - how old were you when reading it for the first time?
>>
>>51118068
>>51118228

If nothing truly matters, then do good in the absence of it.
>>
>>51118570
You just don't describe them in such pointless manner.
You don't say "There is a book on a table. The book is read".
You say "There is book on table and it's red"/"There is book on table. Book is red"

What's the fucking point of adding those retarded articles?
>>
>>51118529
>I am Legend
>Action packed
Literally what?!

Which movie adaptation you were watching to pretend you are familiar with the book?
Fucking The Road had more action than this and it's considered almost memetic for lack of action.
>>
Meh, I might as well join this /pol/ shitshow.

>>51118242
>Don't bother arguing with Trump scum, they are genuinely some of the dumbest people on the planet.
This is true.
Anyone genuinely proud that they got the opportunity to vote for Trump is likely a moron.

I am surrounded by people that voted for Trump.
But not a single one of them that I've talked to like him.
I don't know anyone that thinks he is a great man.
They just needed an end to the current foolishness in government and were willing to risk voting for a fool that is less wrong than the opposition.
Nearly every yard in my area had a Trump sign and most of the geography of the state, I suspect, voted for him.
Yet because of one big liberal city, Hillary took the state.
>>
>>51118570
>as if there were invisible ones around?
You know this works like this only in English, right?
In most languages when you describe things, you describe the thing you are talking about. No matter what.
What next? You will act surprised that the default grammatical number in Chinese is plural?

Get a grip of yourself, languages work on completely different grammar all around th world. And articles are really rare, especially those similar to English ones
>>
>>51109031
They are both for monsters
>>
>>51118729
>Implying there was a /pol/ shitshow
Nice shitposting, faggot, now get lost
>>
>>51118608
Doesn't there have to be a point to something for it to be "good?" I thought that was in the definition.
>>
>>51118787
Did you read the thread?
Meh, I don't care.
>>
>>51109774
It should would help if there were more than like 2 books in English. As it is, most of the 'deep lore' available to non pols is 'some polish dude on the internet told me XYZ'
>>
>>51118802
>"When nothing you do matters, the only thing that matters is what you do."
>>
>>51118802
It's like you never heard about nihilism (which you now try to clumsily employ) and anti-nihilism, or existentialism.
If you asume the world is pointless and nothing makes sense, there are two options
>Nihilism
Cry about it. Then preferably kill yourself, because why live at all
>Existentialism
Rather than being a little bitch, man the fuck up and with your actions and decisions give things meaning.

In short - nihilism is for beta pussies that like to whine and bitch around. Because it's easier to be a lousy asshole, doesn't mean you should be.
>>
>>51118847
Fan translations are almost 20 years old. 17, to be precise.
And they are widely accessable in the net. Which should further interest you, because they are twice as good when it comes to quality of translation than the official ones, which are dry as wood in Sahara.

And don't even bitch about being hard to find, because all you need to do is google "witcher fan translation", you lazy cunt

Also, they've published almost entire saga by now, but reading that god-awful translation is like reading the first Polish translation of Tolkien, done by a guy who barely grasped he was translating a fantasy book
>>
>>51118637
>What's the fucking point of adding those retarded articles?
I'm thinking about this now.
I'll get back to you.
Right now my only answer is: "Not using them makes you sound like a caveman."
>>
>>51109305
Leo Bonhart has a cat, a wolf and a griffin medallions taken from other witchers in the books, and Geralt mentions there being other schools, so it totally fits.
>>51109188
Weren't they just assholes?
>>
>>51118966
Like one of the anons already posted: >>51113059

I mean it's up for 15 years at this point. And there are still autists falling for it, while a literal generation grew up in a meantime.
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 838x996px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 838x996px
At the end of the day all he really wanted was to lead humanity's finest into a new era. That and god-hood.
>>
>>51115115
That doesn't mean you loose your "humanity", you just remove the emotion of love. You don't stop being human, you just become a disabled person in a way. Humanity is a fucking meme.
>>
>>51110010

I found the Last wish interesting for how it played with fairy tales and other such concepts.

The series also had an interesting concept in humans coming from a another dimension. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the first to show humans not being allies with elves and dwarfs and both groups having hatred for the other.
>>
File: illidanDidNothingWrong.jpg (7KB, 180x172px) Image search: [Google]
illidanDidNothingWrong.jpg
7KB, 180x172px
I've always quite liked the general story of Illidan from the Warcraft universe for this.
>>
>>51113590
I liked it
>>
>>51119159
So they'd be, what, Soulless Sam from Supernatural?
>>
>>51118853
>why live at all

Fear. Fear that whatever waits beyond Death is even worse than the catch-22 of Life.

Besides, if I am as you've described me, do you honestly think I have it in me to change? I tried it your way and all it took was a single paperwork error for it to fall apart.

You only have to fail once to fall into a hole you can't climb out of.

Used to be I couldn't leave my front door without someone in the neighborhood recognizing me from TV, but this is getting to bloggy even for this topic so I'll go away now. Probably hold my old man's combat knife toward my throat for a half hour and then give up, I'd probably fail at that too.
>>
>>51120462
If you are nihilist, a TRUE nihilist, then it makes no fucking difference for you if there is anything at all after death. In fact, death can be considered as an escape from the catch-22, since, well, you are no longer in the loop.
>You only have to fail once to fall into a hole you can't climb out of.
That's the most retarded shit I've heard this week. Granted, it's barely Tuesday, but still.
It takes more than single mistake to end up in a downward spiral and usually such mistakes are done consciously and with intention.

Railway tunnel. You lie on the rails, wait for a freighter, nobody will even notice.Just leave the message somewhere, or literally nobody will notice for weeks.
>>
File: 26582.jpg (58KB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
26582.jpg
58KB, 600x358px
>>51108978
You fucking rang?
>>
File: skull_knight_by_oevrlord-d5gbe2e.jpg (558KB, 1100x1149px) Image search: [Google]
skull_knight_by_oevrlord-d5gbe2e.jpg
558KB, 1100x1149px
>>51120868
>You fucking 'CLANG'

>>51108978
>>
>>51108978
Now for a completely different kind of monster that protects humanity.
>>
>>51120912
kek
>>
>>51121056
Wasn't that the game where a dude literally stomped around and screamed at you to shoot him in the face?
>>
>>51121170
He was a bad guy.

Everyone Krieg kills with horrific violence is a bad guy.
>>
>>51121056
The video promoting him as a character literally sold Borderlands to me. Even if I ended up playing Axton almost exclusively, that vid was great, with the tired feel of a noir detective.
>>
File: 021206.gif (127KB, 700x318px) Image search: [Google]
021206.gif
127KB, 700x318px
>>51118896
>Right now my only answer is: "Not using them makes you sound like a caveman."
More like Tonto, which makes sense.
Cavemen don't conjugate verbs.

>>51118637
>What's the fucking point of adding those retarded articles?
They are largely redundant.
"The" is like the command form of "you": "Hey you, listen!" can easily be just "Hey, listen!"
Similarly, a lot of times "the" could just be left out without loss of information.

"A" is just an informal version of "one".

But neither are entirely pointless:

>Anon loves deer.
Does this mean all deer, certain deer, or a individual deer?

>Anon loves the deer.
This clearly indicates a specific selection of deer, whether singular or plural.

>Anon loves a deer.
This indicates one individual deer.

There are clunkier ways of conveying this information but still the articles are not entirely pointless.
>>
>>51122193
>Anon loves the deer.
that could just be accomplished with a "that" every once in a while
>>
>>51108978

GUTS
>>
File: FamilyGuy.jpg (18KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
FamilyGuy.jpg
18KB, 500x265px
>>51123542
>that deer
Is awkward if the individual deer is in close proximity, then it would be "this deer".
If the deer are multiple, it would be "those deer."
"That" is not a universal replacement for "the" or "a".

English is a hodgepodge.
It's not logical or sensible.
>You say "a porno" or "porn", "a porn" just hits the ear wrong.

English is like D&D 3.p.
Those that use it, don't see the problems and trying to houserule fixes is pointless when you might as well use a different, less popular language or start a new language logically, from the ground up. But good luck getting others to use it.
>>
>>51109774
Which part of "in-books" you don't get? Sapowski fucking made witchers up on the spot just to have excuse for badass main character. This shit doesn't stick and it fucking outright makes no sense toward the rest of the characters.
Have you ever read the source material, for fucks sake?
>>
File: Murphy it's you.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Murphy it's you.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>51108978
Accept no substitute
>>
File: 901.jpg (271KB, 816x639px) Image search: [Google]
901.jpg
271KB, 816x639px
>>51125092
>Asks people if they read the source material
>Apparently doesn't himself

Book!Geralt compared to Game!Geralt is a fucking wimp and anyone who read even just the short stories knows that. By the end of the saga, he's a fucking wreck. And it's not the "peasant with pitchfork" memery, but the simple fact what the character can and what he can't. Four guys ganging on him? Tough fight that takes considerable effort. Single powerful monster? Stalling, tricks and traps just to survive the fight. In fact, if you think about it, the main advantage of creating a witcher for story reasons is that they can bleed, but won't die so easily from it, as they are "masters of own domain" with the partially controlled heartbeat. Everything else - years of training and experience on the field.
So nice knowing you are using game of absolutely unstoppable killing machine as a reference to discuss the books, where witchers are just highly trained individuals with few tricks in their sleeve.

Not to mention fucking missing THE main point of having a witcher as a fucking deconstruction of knight in shining armour, who comes to slay the monster, rescue the princess and be a hero, replaced instead with blue colar worker doing this shit to pay the rent and being treated worse than a rat catcher.
Seriously, have you ever heard about postmodernism at least?
>>
File: genji dragon blade.jpg (706KB, 3840x2161px) Image search: [Google]
genji dragon blade.jpg
706KB, 3840x2161px
>>51108978
>>
>>51126221
*with absolutely
>>
>>51113059
>Sapkowski, being a troll like always, intentionally placed differently shaped amulets by the end of saga, precisely to mess up with autists

...Are you saying he was only pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>51126237
Not the original anon, but before AS went completely retarded by mid 00s, he really was a cunning guy, always keeping his readers on their toes and always messing with them. So while he was an asshole, he was House MD type of asshole, not just mean drunk with no money for booze.
And yeah, he really put those medallions to mess up with people, he admitted it few times on different occassions.
>>
>>51126126
Why this film was so based?

And why all the sequels and the entire franchise in general are so god-awful bad?
>>
>>51126221
Were the Witcher stories written before or after the Soviet Union fell. Because the way you put it, really makes the Witcher books sound like Adventures of Glorious Soviet Worker Knight in Magic Land.
>>
File: GreyWardensArtwork.jpg (513KB, 814x593px) Image search: [Google]
GreyWardensArtwork.jpg
513KB, 814x593px
It's a fucking shame EA fucking ruined DragonAge, because the Grey Wardens were fun.

>hey man, let's drink the toxic blood of these infectious demon-zombies that pour out of the defiled palace of god
>why no, fuck no, that sounds stupid
>but dude, these blood mages taught me how to prepare the toxic blood safely - it'll give us super powers to fight the demon-zombies for 30 years and then we'll turn into demon-zombies ourselves, so we'll just all commit suicide after 29 years okay?
>>
>>51127125
The Witcher short story, the very first thing starting the whole show, was written in late '86, when commies were literally on their last leg.

And yeah, it was written as an adventures of working class hero, but not in the way you put it. Such propaganda was written in the 50s and early 60s, because anything else wasn't simply printed by the censorship. Something than Lem regrets, as his first works simply HAD to be glorification of the communism, but he still spinned it into still very good stuff. Sapkowski never had those problems, because by mid 80s censorship was pretty lax anyway.
But you realise those things had to pass through censorship anyway, right?

But most of the stories and the entire saga were written in the 90s, mostly mocking the wild capitalism of the era and utter contempt people suddenly gained to each other. Either way, the franchise was a testimony of its own era, first, second and last mocking how fucking awful average Pole is.
>>
>>51109952
>Sapkowski should probably take a look at his bank account before he curses CDPR all too badly
You mean the empty bank account, which is the main reason why he curses them so badly?

He has SHIT from the games, as he sold the rights for the franchise for literal pack of smokes.
And due to the contracts he signed ages ago with SuperNOVA, he has shit from reprints of the saga.
He literally earns nothing on witcher popularity. Which is the very reason why he's so pissed about it, even further when the lore is put into a spin.

Said that, it's all his fault, because he was stupid enough to sign all those contracts and agreements in the first place. Bonus irony points for being economist by education and trade.
>>
>>51113059
>intentionally placed differently shaped amulets
Weren't they individual for each witcher or something?
Geralt had the wolf amulet so was white wolf, did other known witchers have amulets in shape of wolf head?
>>
>>51114381
>pilipiuk at least doesn't take himself seriously... I think...
>his main "series" are about alcoholic, unemployed, brewer, pensioner that is also semi professional exorcist.
I never thought that he war serious in what he was writing.
>>
>>51127383
You don't get it, do you?

It doesn't fucking matter for the story. What DOES matter is how Sapkowski was fucking tired with really autistic fandom by the times he was working on Baptism of fire, so he intentionally started to inserting a lot of absolutely redundant elements to keep autists arguing with each other, thus being busy arguing.
The "white wolf" has no relation with his amulet. And the amulets have no relation with any schools or other shit. As far as books and short stories are concerned, Kaer Morhen is the only place witchers were made and trained, and that was roughtly half a century ago, if not more.
But it makes no fucking difference for the story. Sapkowski NEVER cared about trivia, he was just writing stories that happend to be placed in the same setting with recuring characters. The details just don't stick, because he never fucking cared about them. And then, when autists started to be just annoying, he beat them in their own game.

The biggest joke is that he eventually confessed all of that and people...
... denied he did so, still doing pointless autistic nitpicking.
>>
>>51127467
Have you ever met him in person? Or read his journalistic writings?
He takes himself DEAD serious. That doesn't stop him from writing mostly about Wędrowycz, but the guy is still serious when writing anything else, be it a journalism or some power fantasy.
>>
>>51126382
Because it's literally the only good "high-tech" cyberpunk film made to date?
Because the bad guys already won in it?
Because it is the pure essence of cybernetics eating your soul in film history?
Because deep down it's a simple revange flick, but with absolutely epic setting?
Because it has memorable characters and even more momorable performances?

Or maybe because it's just freaking great.
>>
File: garithos.jpg (54KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
garithos.jpg
54KB, 500x336px
>>51111661
>>
>>51127467
>brewer
I mean I guess he does make a lot of moonshine...
>>
>>51127125
If you mean the stock characters from Soviet propaganda pieces, then they are also deconstructed.
If you look at typical "worker hero" type, then witchers don't suit, because they are hated by the society, operate outside said society and do things for capitalistic, monetary gain, rather than because it's a good thing to do. Besides, those characters were pretty much tossed around Khrushchev.
On the other hand, there are "science heroes", who are workers/with working background, who due to the equality and justice of the communism managed to reach the high education and much esteem, but never dropped their "worker" roots, thus being better than traditional academicians, as they combine street smart with science smart. Witchers again work against this archetype, as they openly mock the concept, pointing out such character can't fraternise with common folk anymore, while the high and mighty still consider them too low to even spit on, while their knowledge and skills are the main reason why they are despised in the first place.

Deconstructions are really great things, but it takes to know the background.
Which is for me the main reason why witcher saga has absolutely zero appeal to western countries, especially nowdays - their main strong point of the books is a social commentary to a thing that people in those countries never experienced, plus they are very much Polish in naturre, discussing a lot of traits that are at least percieved as common among Poles and/or define being Polish lowlife. Hell, it lost this appeal in home Poland, because the current generation reading those books sees them first and foremost as fantasy litetature, since they are too young to graps all the references.

To think by early 90s witcher wasn't even considered part of the fantasy ghetto and it wasn't associated in any way with being kiddie stuff. Hell, my mother used to read those and discuss the themes with me when I was a teen.
>>
File: SamCorruptFace.jpg (954KB, 1440x4320px) Image search: [Google]
SamCorruptFace.jpg
954KB, 1440x4320px
>>51108978
I'm pretty sure Samus ended up nothing more than 99% phazon and 100% willpower. I mean, her gunship's genetic scan didn't even recognise her in the final stages, for the literal sense of humanity lost.

If you take the mind definition, then Samus kept her humanity, I guess? What does it count to remain yourself?
>>
>>51109356
But the guy in the OP image literally became something other than human.

I don't think you understand the context of this thread.
>>
>>51126226
Ironically the most human of all the Overwatch characters.

Also, he didn't willingly give up his humanity, he got Darth Vader'd by Mercy.
>>
File: prototypes6.jpg (85KB, 1004x544px) Image search: [Google]
prototypes6.jpg
85KB, 1004x544px
>>51110002
>The Thallaxii are heavily augmented cyborg shock-troops used by the Mechanicum Ordo Reductor, and they differ from the Skitarii regiments both in purpose and the unique degree of their augmetics. The Lorica Thallax was developed from power armour technology and requires a robust human specimen.

>The Lorica encloses the major organs, nervous system and cerebrum, but entirely replaces the skeletal structure and limbs with armoured bionics powered by an internal reactor-core. Surgical excision of the subject’s pain sensors, emotions, and normal human sensory apparatus and the agony caused by the Lorica’s implantation, leaves the Thallax a cold, calculating killing machine (albeit one that retains a degree of independent thought).

Grimdark RoboCop goes to war.
>>
>>51127538
>Because it is the pure essence of cybernetics eating your soul in film history?

Uhm, that's pretty much the exact opposite of what happened with Murphy.
>>
>>51126221
That doesn't really make it sound like he's a wimp, his setting just has higher difficulty settings.

It's how Dark Souls characters aren't wimps just because they can't mop the floor with mobs like Dynasty Warriors protagonists.
>>
>>51129187
Yes, having his memory erased to the point where he can't recall his family and personality replaced with directives and Code of Justice is totally not about cybernetics eating his soul, where he's cock-blocked by his programming.
The story is about him REGAINING at least part of his humanity. And it cost a lot of effort.

>>51129295
Not him, but there is a fuck-huge difference between having issues with some serious mobs and being almost gang-raped by a group of well-trained killers, who by all accounts are just regular humans with a bit of fighting training.
So go fucking figure.
>>
>>51111506
kys
>>
File: samutm_by_andarix-d61aav4.png (1MB, 949x1280px) Image search: [Google]
samutm_by_andarix-d61aav4.png
1MB, 949x1280px
>>51128871
And it just keeps getting better.

Right now, Samus is pretty much the only surviving (hybrid) member of the species she was tasked with to exterminate.
>>
>>51114244
I'm always amazed at the number of countries calling the french frog-eaters, especially when you consider most of European peasant must've eaten some during the middle-ages
>>
File: 1476545544915.jpg (33KB, 163x240px) Image search: [Google]
1476545544915.jpg
33KB, 163x240px
>>51116993
I kekked hard for some reason
>>
>>51113284
You do realise he's relatively left wing? Read his essay "wyobraźnia po prawej stronie" where he shits on all right wing Polish writers.
>>
>>51129604
Plot twist - they didn't eat frogs.

Nor they didn't turned their peasant cuisine into some sort of delicacy, which is the main reason why everyone pokes fun out of French - they've literally picked the worst shit their peasantry was eating and turned it into some sort of exquisite dish just by switching price tags
>>
>>51111506
Fuck you!
Witcher books are the most loved fantasy in Russia maybe after LotR.
They are very good.
>>
>>51129686
And that makes him less accessable to right-wing morons... how? I'm not sure you understand the point here. It's not what are his own personal believes or political alignment. It's about the crap he writes and how makes almost his entire fandom.
Case the point - Wyrżyn is extremely popular among right-wing ponnies, even if it literally shits on being hardcore rightwinger.
>>
File: acceptable.jpg (177KB, 710x888px) Image search: [Google]
acceptable.jpg
177KB, 710x888px
>>51129726
Witcher is big in Russia?
Nice knowing
>>
>>51129040
the robots are more human
>>
>>51129700
>exquisite dish
speaking as someone from baguettistan, that's just a meme
It's not even particularly costly, the whole "muh precious frogs" is gone since the renaissance
>>
>>51129738
I think you're overacting, I've never noticed anything that could be described as nationalistic.
And, remember, right wingers can claim anything as theirs, like Kaczmarski.
>>
>>51130391
Hey Polish-guy, when are you lot going to kick the shit out of that wannabe Erdogan/Putin cunt that's trying to turn Poland into his own private Soviet Union?
>>
>>51129788
They have a habit of adapting Polish things as their own, yes.
>>
File: [evil laughter].gif (619KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
[evil laughter].gif
619KB, 500x330px
>>51130431
>They have a habit of adapting Polish things as their own, yes.
>>
>>51130428
which one of them?
>>51130431
>everything the russians do is bad
>they can't just enjoy foreign literature, they have to steal it
that's pretty cebula
>>
>>51130526
I forgot his name. But he has a fat face that looks extremely punchable.
>>
>>51130555
kaczyński? he's probably not going away anytime soon
>>
File: 22516996.jpg (25KB, 625x392px) Image search: [Google]
22516996.jpg
25KB, 625x392px
>>51130391
Not him, but it's not about being nationalistic. After all, a lot of Dukaj works are "pro-east", for lack of better term. It's about being heavy on right-wing, strong-arm, always-militant bullshit.
Like pretty much entire fantasy in Poland. I think what really makes Sapkowski good is that he DOESN'T have this shit in his books.

>>51130431
Oh I see what you've did here

>>51130555
The pic related one?
>>
>>51130664
He's 68. He's going away pretty soon.
For good.
>>
>>51130727
not if the cloning program continues to operate as intended
>>
>>51130428
When the money will run out. Currently they've literally bought the public support by providing 1/4 of minimum wage (which is what most of Poles earn) for each kid after the first one. Meaning entire rural area is content, just like all the lowlives, since those are literally the only people around with 2 and usually much more kids.
My mother is a social worker with 32 years of field experience. By her relation the shit now going in pathology is just fucking crazy, since they suddenly earn more than average hard working family while doing absolutely nothing.

But since it's all on literal credit, the money will run out by the end of 2017, eating away all national reserves.
Two months later they will have to either send military on streets or make new elections.
>>
>>51130428
Kaczyński? He wishes himself to be so effective like Putin or Erdogan. But he can't even reach the level of Orban, the equally punchable idiot from Hungary.
Fun fact - his election slogan was "Poland in ruins". And this is exactly what will be left after his government leaves the post.
>>
File: IMG_20161130_180501.jpg (5MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161130_180501.jpg
5MB, 3456x4608px
>>51130428
I do what I can.
>>
>>51130783
don't worry, they'll just increase taxes to compensate and will probably win the next election too
I'm still kind of happy that PO is never getting back up. hopefully Petru will prove to be more competent
>>
Well, I wish you Polish lads good luck, and hopefully regardless of what the Polish government does, the growing European economy will keep life for you guys somewhat reasonable.

Or at least, above Russian life standards.

The stories I hear from Russians about how life in Russia is right now... oh boy. They might as well be rolling d20's to see what the local supermarket is stocking.
>>
>>51130892
>Hopefully Petru will prove to be more competent
Have you've been watching news and reading newspapers in last 2 days? He singlehandly reduced entire oposition to a joke with. And his political naivety is just amazing when it comes to still hoping PiS will sober up and stop doing retarded shit.

Also, this shit
>I'm still kind of happy that PO is never getting back up
Is the main reason why we have utter idiots now in power. Because rathe than picking lesser evil, people decided to "protest" and picked literally the worst choice possible, wanting to "show of" their power.
Pretty much the same stupidity that made Trump the president of US of A.
>>
>>51130936
Nah, Ruskies are used to that shit ever since. No Russian government gave a single fuck about conditions of the proles, be it tzar, commies or Putin. Live continues in the wastel... I mean in Russia.
>>
File: 1479321916422.jpg (51KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
1479321916422.jpg
51KB, 1024x575px
>>51129738
>right-wing morons
>>
>>51131013
Either you have no clue what constitutes for "right-wing" in Poladn OR you are part of it. Let's assume it's just lack of exposure - and bless that lack of exposure, because we are talking about people that would made /pol/ blush.
>>
>>51130936
>Or at least, above Russian life standards.
it probably won't get anywhere near that bad. poland is still a democratic country, and even the most nationalist poles are very skeptical/cynical when it comes to politics compared to the average russian
also the crimea war gave us a nice supply of ukrainian immigrants helping our economy a little bit
>>
>>51131056
>poland is still a democratic country
Good joke
>>
>>51131040
>because we are talking about people that would made /pol/ blush.
I fucking wish we had them here in Germany.

Pls liberate Poland
>>
>>51131040
Well, I can't speak for Poland but being from the other corner of Visegrad group, I feel like the rise of the right-wing and nationalism comes mostly from the fact that EU begins to resemble Soviet Union far too much.
>>
>>51131077
Kleptocracy is a form of democracy.
>>
>>51131110
The fucking rapefugees m8
>>
>>51130991
>Pretty much the same stupidity that made Trump the president of US of A.
that's in no way similar since americans only had two choices. the polish left lost because there was no one big party to unity all the leftist voters, hilary lost because people legitimately prefered trump as the lesser evil
>>
>>51131103
>Asking for literal hillbilly trash in track suits to liberate them.
Ask your grandfather how it was when Soviets "liberated" Germany.
Because you are asking for similar experience.
>>
>>51131154
I rather get raped by slavshit than fucking refugee subhuman trash
>>
>>51131135
>Comparing Hillary to Polish left
Son, I think you've been sitting with Americans on /pol/ for too long.
>>
>>51131129
Yeah, like, I've never see one in my life, but I hate them so much!

On more serious note - government actually took in two whole families. Couple weeks later one jumped border to Germany and the other went back home because "it's actually not so bad back there". Go figure.
>>
>>51131040
most of the polish right wing isn't really right wing in an economic sense, they're just ultracatholic nationalists, and not even the "deus vult" kind (except for Braun) but the "old lady offended at everything" kind
>>
>>51130044

I actually like frogs legs. They are like chicken wings but a bit more tender with a little bit more saltiness to them. It is too bad they are typically so expensive.
>>
>>51131175
but what I'm saying is that they're not comparable
>>
>>51131180
>Yeah, like, I've never see one in my life, but I hate them so much!

Is this a fucking joke? I have to interract with that human trash everyday. Also, cologne

>Couple weeks later one jumped border to Germany

Oh yeah I wonder why
>>
>/pol/tarded Americunts awaken

RIP thread. Goodbye Polish friends.
>>
>>51131253
>everyone who disagrees with me is le pol boogeyman

top autism
>>
>>51131203
>"old lady offended at everything" kind
This

Literally 20-something dudes complaining like 80-something grandpas, triggered by just about anything. Too much Clint Eastwood films, I guess
>>
Hey, Polish Anons. I'm an American of Polish descent but have no real connection to my Polish ancestory asides from my last name and having called my dad's pure Polish parents babcha and dziadzia.

Where should I start to learn about Poland and Polish history?
>>
>>51131447
Try with drinking three bottles of vodka. If you survive, you can continue.
>>
>>51113060
They are Vantablack, have red glowing eyes, are pyromaniacs, are tenacious as fuck, and you say "lol not scary". Are you an ork?
>>
>>51131447
You don't have a White Eagle society?
>>
>>51131447
Move to Poland, obviously! The current government will welcome you with open hands, including your dollars!
>>
>>51131447
Unless you want to trudge through history books, go ask your grandparents. They should know enough.
>>
>>51127499
Why are you so angry? If he doesn't care about the lore, why should it matter if things are added by the game devs?
>>
File: miss the point.jpg (6KB, 235x206px) Image search: [Google]
miss the point.jpg
6KB, 235x206px
>>51131903
>>
>>51120462
Man the fuck up you git
Why was you on TV?
>>
File: 1479578071617.png (23KB, 212x172px) Image search: [Google]
1479578071617.png
23KB, 212x172px
>>51131931
>>
>>51131447
Suffering, suffering, suffering, and suffering.

That's what M&B With Fire And Sword taught me.
>>
>>51131869
Better no. They will tell stories about pre-war Poland, making him delusional.
>>
File: Sweet Jesus, help me.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet Jesus, help me.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>51131949
>I learn things from games based on historical fiction books
The really sad part is that there are people who seriously "learn" shit this way
>>
>>51119979
no, you become a frogposter
>>
>>51120462
You're not a nihilist, you're suffering from depression. That's a chemical imbalance in your brain that needs to be treated.
>>
>>51120462
is this you Andrzej

hey I liked the Hussites you know that was really good
>>
>>51130526
>>everything the russians do is bad
i object, russian textbooks are good
>>
>>51119893
>liking Illidan
>Ever
>>
File: fate route in a nutshell.jpg (61KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
fate route in a nutshell.jpg
61KB, 600x450px
>>51108978
No.

And by helping humanity with a detached perspective, you will only create more friction between human nature and reality.

A king must cease to be human the moment they are coronated, because human rule cannot be just. But humans were never been meant to exist in perfection. Such is the fundamental paradox of civilsation.
>>
>>51131447
maybe try reading some classic polish literature? /lit/ should have some recommendations
>>
>>51132427
Anon, the so-called "classic Polish literature" is bunch of Romantism trash that glorifies getting yourself killed for some stupid ass cause and end up in nameless mass grave. That's just one step from becoming butt-hurt Pole, just add to that being from what is now western Ukraine and you have a recipe for being obnoxious asshole full of himself.
>>
>>51132758
that's not all old polish literature, just most of it
I know Prus is fine, but can't think of anyone else. that's why I told him to ask /lit/
>>
>>51118443
Shit post. You don't even know what Ad Hominem means.
>>
>>51131515

Can I mix it up with some whiskey to satisfy my Scottish roots too?

>>51131708

Never heard of them.

>>51131849

I don't have many dollars nor any particular desire to move to Poland. I haven't even visited.

>>51131869
>>51131951

They've been dead for 15 years.

>>51132427
>>51132834
>>51132758

I'll take a look for something, thanks.
>>
>>51132427
>>51132758
>>51132834
Prus, Boy-Żeleński, Zapolska, Popioły by Żeromski (but nothing else!), Dołęga-Mostowicz, Krall, Gombrowicz, Lem, Zajdel.
That's literally it. Avoid like fire most of the things that are obligatory books in Polish schools, especially under the ongoing education reform.
>>
>>51132987
Fuck, forgot about Wańkowicz and Kapuściński, but those were reporters, and Kapuściński almost never wrote about Poland.
>>
File: 1430077056099.png (192KB, 660x664px) Image search: [Google]
1430077056099.png
192KB, 660x664px
>ITT: One autists gets but blasted because no one read the shitty books
>>
>>51132978
Grab these: >>51132987 >>51133018
>>
>>51131447
You see, Oleg, to be a real Pole, you must prove yourself to men, prove yourself to women, prove yourself to nature and prove yourself to spirits.

To proves yourself to spirits is simple, you drink a whole bottle in one go and don't stagger.
To prove yourself to men, you must arm-wrestle the blacksmith and win.
To prove yourself to women, you must lay with old and unsightly matron.
And to prove yourself to nature, you must treat injured bear.

Oleg drinks the bottle first, he blinks his eyes but doesn't stagger. Then he goes to wrestle the blacksmith, he struggles, but wins. Then he goes into the woods where a bear is caught in a trap. There's much noise coming from the woods, bear's roar and trees breaking. Eventually Oleg comes back, bruised, his clothes torn, but he's smiling, and he says: Almost done, now where does the grandma hurt?
>>
>>51129587
I think I preferred it when it was just Phazon.

That stuff was just so insidious in how it gave you a fuckton of power but changed you from the inside out in return
>>
>>51132978
>Never heard of them.
The White Eagle societies are Polish social clubs. All over the northeast where I grew up. I am 0% Polish and they were still pretty welcoming when I started dating a Polish girl. This is why I still love pierogi and potato vodka. Poles know their consumption.
>>
>>51131214
where do you live anon ?
>>
At this point I'm convinced l, without ever having read them, that the books are shit and the Polish just shout "muh translations" to throw us off of this fact. It's all a ploy by them to get us to think they are relevant outside of memeballs.
>>
>>51133993
I thought they were quite good and I'm just a regular, non-slav eurofag
>>
>>51118729
"Because of one big liberal city"

Is that a problem? That's called representative democracy. Turns out more people live in the city than live in the countryside. Geographical size doesn't mean shit.

Besides, republicans already gerrymander like crazy to benefit their country voters.
>>
>>51135123
>Is that a problem?
It is to the rest of the state.
Imagine if Nebraska had to implement and enforce laws and policies written for the benefit of San Francisco.
It gets very frustrating, but we understand there's little we can do about besides watch the state economy sink and people emigrate to states not run by asshats.
But the city? Doing fine! So there's no problem!
It's like mowing your front lawn but letting the backyard go wild and get infested with varmits.
>>
File: 1275389857.gif (2MB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1275389857.gif
2MB, 350x233px
>>51133230
>Pole
>Oleg
So he's Ukrainian after all?
>>
File: k..jpg (8KB, 199x199px) Image search: [Google]
k..jpg
8KB, 199x199px
>>51133993
>>
>>51137183
Anon, this is literally how democracy work all around the world.
The biggest irony of this shit is how Amerifats are absolutely unreformed into grasping how fucked up their system is and how little it has to do with democracy, not to mention a representative one.
>>
>>51137915
Your post seems unclear.
This:
>Anon, this is literally how democracy work all around the world.
Seems contrary to this:
>how little it has to do with democracy, not to mention a representative one.

I'm afraid I don't get your point.
>>
>>51127196
>Dragon Age art
>elves are taller than humans

Rookie mistake.
>>
>>51138165
That explains why you voted for Trump
>>
>>51138425
Because you communicate poorly?
That doesn't make sense.
>>
>>51137915
I really don't think Europeans - who have twice in the last 100 years annihilated their civilization with wars over basically nothing - have any room to comment on how best to run a country.
>>
File: 1482913215183.jpg (22KB, 500x536px) Image search: [Google]
1482913215183.jpg
22KB, 500x536px
>>51108978
This is a stupid meme, OP. Let it die.

Humanity is a fundamental neccessity to be a champion of human beings.
>>
There's a concept I really, really want to play with in a book, but I can't pick a setting: humans who voluntarily trade their souls to a benevolent god in order to fight monsters. They're fine most of the time, they're still healthy and fertile and normal... but every so often, their free will shuts off, because their God needs a warrior to suit up and fight. Then they have to explain to whomever they're accompanying that I'm so sorry, sweetie, but Daddy needs to go kill things. I'm so sorry!
>>
>>51138851
By your logic, we should learn democracy from Russians. After all, they've also took over large swats of Asia without fighting, but just claimed them.

Seriously, point a finger on American, and he will start instantly whining. Your political system is shit. It has nothing to do with representative democracy, as it's best described as counter-representative, with votes being valued by population density. Somehow a guy from Bumfuck, Nowhere has a vote weighting few times more, just because he lives in Bumfuck, Nowhere. Well, tough luck. So many federal govermnents around the world and only burgers have this stupid problem.
And don't try to play "but 'Murica is big" or "but there are 315 'Murricans" cards. The size of the country doesn't matter ever since telegraph was invented. That was 160 years ago. Meanwhile, you can always look at India, Brazil and Indonesia. Comparable population, much worse infrastructure and they are still pulling this somehow.

So stay mad, burger, but don't even try claiming your country is a representative democracy.
>>
>>51140954
It's not a bug, it's a feature.
>>
>>51139696
... those are Paladins.

Or Knight Errants.
>>
>>51140954
>So stay mad, burger, but don't even try claiming your country is a representative democracy.
Our country is a republic, not a democracy.
>>
File: Approved.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Approved.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
>>51141650
Good one, made me laugh

>>51142077
>Republic is not democratic
Jesus Christ... Words cannot express how stupid you are.
>>
>>51142077
I think Washington is turning in his grave right now
>>
>>51142316
I was stupid.
I misread that.
The United States is a republic, which is not a democracy, but it *is* a representative democracy.

I was stupid because representative democracy is what you said
when you claimed it's not a representative democracy
because you don't like how it's done,
for reasons
that probably have to do with you not understanding the differences between states,
or something.
>>
>>51142363
That explains the whirring sound.
See >>51142491
I was a being illiterate.
>>
File: I'm done.gif (2MB, 606x248px) Image search: [Google]
I'm done.gif
2MB, 606x248px
>>51142491
>It's not democracy, but it is democracy
>>
>>51142534
It's not a *true* democracy.
The qualifier "representative" is a important distinction.

>A panda bear isn't a bear.
>A computer mouse isn't a mouse.
>A pancake isn't a cake.
>>
>>51142491
This is not your average stupid. This is stupid deluxe
>>
>>51142644
Nah
This >>51142077 was a little stupid. Maybe stupid light
This >>51142491 is fine.
What would make you think it's stupid deluxe?
>>
File: comparison.png (93KB, 468x580px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
93KB, 468x580px
>>
>>51108978
>What are the best examples of people losing their humanity in order to protect it?
Well OP, I'm not sure if this thread protected anyone, but I think it caused some loss of humanity.
>>
>>51142764
>What would make you think it's stupid deluxe?
How about
>The United States is a republic, which is not a democracy, but it *is* a representative democracy.
>>
>>51143171
See
>>51142641
>>
File: kitten with computer mouse.jpg (103KB, 635x459px) Image search: [Google]
kitten with computer mouse.jpg
103KB, 635x459px
>>51143171
>This is my computer device, which is not a "mouse", but it *is* a "computer mouse".
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.