[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my current setting is a high fantasy world that is set in a pre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Apocalypse1-630x420.jpg (62KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse1-630x420.jpg
62KB, 630x420px
my current setting is a high fantasy world that is set in a pre apocalpyse. it will under all circumstances face its end in 100 days and its impossible to save.

share your thoughts. What kind of scenarios would be cool, how would NPCs likely behave, just give me input. this is my first World and its built completely around this concept.

apart from that, its kinda your usual fantasy world, with steampunky dwarfs (most of them living in steampunk sky cities, kinda like bioshock infinite), Elves, Humans, and other Tolkien-esque races, next to some OC folks.

The apocalypse itself is happening due to the death of God. No one really knows how God died, but thats how it is. His death led to everyone in the whole world being able to use magic, which was first a privilege for the elves. however, usage of magic leads to Mutation and kinda behaves like radiation in our world.

Don't be too harsh on me, i know its not the most creative setting in the world, i'm just looking for some input from experienced worldbuilders like you guys. Especially on it being a Preapocalpyse setting.
>>
>>51106441
shameful selfbump
>>
Does everyone know that it's going to end in 100 years?
>>
>>51106997
*days, sorry.
>>
>>51106997
>>51107013

yep, first the rulers but it got leaked to society pretty quickly.
>>
I'd imagine there's some desperate attempt by a coven of Wizards to try and either stabilise the world or escape into a new one. One of the Dwarven Sky-cities has gone over the horizon into uncharted lands and another has gone straight up and nobody has seen or heard from them since.
>>
>>51107073

Yeah, I imagine that a plethora of wizard types would be trying to either build a new world or find a new one. They might even have a cult-like following, seen as the last glimmer of hope.

Seeing as the information was leaked to society, I doubt things would function anything remotely to normal. I imagine there'd be a lot of violence and what little excess could people enjoy.

Maybe the more pessimistic of long-lived races would either prepare to meet the end or indulge in mass suicide.

That's a pretty grim setting, but I can't deny that it's interesting to explore.
>>
>>51107073
>>51107107
neat ideas!
>>
>>51107193
could be a creepy witchcult that tries to rescue the world with tributes or something.>>51107107
>>
Read Junji Ito's manga "Hellstar Remina" for some inspiration. It's not perfect; but it's a good influence.

And yeah, shit would be fucked. I'd expect to see every mage spamming the equivalent of "gate," "wish" and "demiplane" in attempts to survive.
>>
>>51108024
thank you! seems like a good read!
>>
>>51106441
There's a neat novel called 'On The Beach' by an australian about nuclear apocalypse from their perspective. It happens, and then they have to wait to die. It might be worth looking at. The basic idea is that everyone lets loose for the first bit in a frenzy, but then runs out of steam and gets really depressed and sentimental.

Trick might be making the players care at all about what's happening, because the already limited consequences of rpgs will seem even more irrelevant if everyone's not really into playing their characters as living parts of a world.

Also no pussing out and having there be some sort of rebirth of the universe cycle.
>>
>>51108582
>Also no pussing out and having there be some sort of rebirth of the universe cycle.

No, absolutely. Being caught in a hopeless world waiting for the apocalypse is the whole compromise of this world. So far, most of the world anarchic, people use magic like mad, the rulers cant contain the masses since no ones afraid of any consequences, peoplr are going to die no matter what, and thats about it. But i need more ideas of how humanity would react to an absolutely unavoidable apocalypse.

Thanks for the tip though, ill look into it.
>>
>>51108691
In general regardless of what the majority of people would do in any situation, there will always be opposing thoughts/factions/etc. So perhaps doing some sort of ideal based fighting would make sense.

In terms of what humanity would do in general is mostly likely just riot and do whatever they want. Take some previous historical events for inspiration, specifically related to riots or protests. Depending on where you want to go with this, it could go anywhere from people peacefully looking to rulers/rising idealists to lead them to a solution or it could be a violent extermination police-state that tries to quarantine magic.
>>
>>51110042
thank you!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.