[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a game of D&D 5e core only coming up. How do I make a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ____by_skarabei2211-d9s3ayr.jpg (137KB, 930x800px) Image search: [Google]
____by_skarabei2211-d9s3ayr.jpg
137KB, 930x800px
Got a game of D&D 5e core only coming up. How do I make a badass bounty hunter?
>>
>>51098677
I suggest ranger. Pick favored enemy - humanoids and prepare dat hunter's mark.
>>
>>51098710
Don't rangers kinda suck in 5e though?
>>
>>51098772
Not revised Rangers
>>
>>51098772
Beastmasters suck, rangers are simply slightly underwhelming.
>>
>>51098772
Revised ranger is one of the stronger classes
>>
>>51098677
What's the starting level? I can recommend a build
>>
>>51100083
1st.
>>
>>51098677
Ranger is the obvious choice.

But any number of classes could do the same thing. A Rogue could be a good choice if you want to do it with skills. So could Bard.

Fighter is a good choice also.

It really just depends on how you see your self bounty hunting?

Strictly in one area of terrain? Especially out doors? You might look at Ranger.

But, if only thing you need is tracking and the ability to fight then really any class can do it. If there is a social interaction level to it (interrogation, investigation, etc) then in fact Rogue might be the best choice.

If you are mostly interested in the combat aspect, Fighter might be the best way to go.

Anybody who can take the survival skill can track. It isn't just restricted to Rangers.
>>
>>51100156
Alright. Essential first step: Variant human. From there take magic initiate as your feat. Grab yourself some sweet Hunter's Mark. You'll want to go Battlemaster. You'll be running a Dex build, Go for 16 Con if you can get it. You'll want a crossbow. The specific type is up to you though I recommend hand. Melee weapon is up to your preference. This will be a debuff and control based build with high versatility and decent damage potential.

Alternatively, still go for Variant Human with magic initiate but instead go for rogue and focus on tactical fighting which revolves around letting your allies set you up for massive sneak attack damage + hunter's mark.
>>
>>51099944
This is the truth of it. Would also recommend Monk levels.

Fucking witnessed!
>>
>>51100282

You can't pick ranger as your Magic Initiate spell class, anon.
>>
>>51100298
Speaking of the Monk class...I wonder if Ranger would have beniffited with the same mechanic as the Monk, and Sorcerer. The point system that is. Monks have Ki points, Sorcerers have Sorcerer points, and Rangers could have arrow points; for trick shots, and other neat shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.