[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Forge, I can. Strong, I am." Talk to me about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: Giant_Blacksmith.jpg (75KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Giant_Blacksmith.jpg
75KB, 720x405px
>"Forge, I can. Strong, I am."
Talk to me about your blacksmiths /tg/
>>
File: meteorite metal knife.jpg (79KB, 1200x338px) Image search: [Google]
meteorite metal knife.jpg
79KB, 1200x338px
>>51096869
The profession is valued most among the mages. Fine blacksmiths make great amounts of wealth forging the various blades, blunt weapons, and golem parts so necessary to their war effort. The Empire has a blacksmith in every village. Most craft mundane things like farming equipment and horse shoes, but a select few masters remain in the Empire rather than defect to the mages. Their loyalty is to the Faith rather than coins. Their major skill is getting metallurgy differences in the Empire's blades. Using differential heat treatment, the blades are physically made to take the hardships of combat. Tempering and quenching only add to their deadliness.

Outside of those two cultures, blacksmiths are rare. Very rare. Metallurgy is not something that suites nomads and tribes. If they do have the know-how and skills, the resources are hard to come by and often of low quality: iron particles extracted from sand for example. The goblins and orcs cold forge copper into "weapons". Goblins learned from copying humans, while orcs - being corrupted people in this setting - were smiths already before the transformation.

One goblin den-mother carries a fine hammer forged from sky-stone. It's incredibly dense yet light enough to swing freely. A blacksmith back in the civilized world would kill for such a stone. They could forge a truly mighty weapon that would fetch a king's ransom in gold.
>>
>>51096869
I had a Blind Blacksmith Turn a meteorite into a Sword.

The fucking meteorite was an Inert Elder Evil and he didn't notice.

Later became a legacy weapon that drove the user bonkers and if on failure, rotted out their form and had a far realm entity fill it thus becoming pseudo-natural, or it turns them into Aberrations or Outsiders, oh, and NEVER astral project with it in hand, you'll see what you're really holding.
>>
>>51097201
Are you saying he did not see it coming?
>>
Blacksmithing is probably one of the most underrated profession in my setting.
Most blacksmith do deal with very basic stuff, masterwork items and whatnot...but there are some special blacksmiths, that are so good in their craft that can make weapons that are as good as magical weapons, sometimes even surpassing them in the case of legendary blacksmiths.
Plus, the feys and some magical giants, may craft items out of meta concepts, with very odd but interesting results.
>>
>>51096869

Giant bro ;_;
>>
File: 1483467093388.gif (17KB, 200x220px) Image search: [Google]
1483467093388.gif
17KB, 200x220px
>>51097219
>>
one of these days, I just want to see a blacksmith who does blacksmithing, instead of weapons, armour, and all that stuff blacksmiths didnt make.
>>
>>51097557

A blacksmith worked with 'black' metal- Iron. Although not all blacksmiths would know how, weapons and armour were well within their purview.
>>
>>51097596
But that's wrong you fucking retard, didnt you ever play WoW? Blacksmiths do the general stuff like chains and horseshoes but for armor or weapons you need an armorsmith or weaponsmith unless you want it to fall apart in combat.
>>
File: alex jones in tears laughing.jpg (99KB, 932x1024px) Image search: [Google]
alex jones in tears laughing.jpg
99KB, 932x1024px
>>51097920
>didnt you ever play WoW?
>wow as an example.
>being so autistic they cannot accept the use of Blacksmith/smith for the entire field and needs to go into armour, silver, etc.
>uses that to counter the assertion that black is from pigiron.
you are bait but funny bait
>>
>>51098045

Being fair, Goldsmiths, Whitesmiths, Tinsmiths and the like are all historically distinct categories, but Blacksmiths were very common and quite broadly skilled since iron was used for a lot of common everyday necessities.

And while a normal village blacksmith might not've been a master swordmaker, he could still hammer together some knives into a Billhook or remount on them on poles as spears if the war horns were blowing and people needed arms.
>>
File: iron_golem.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
iron_golem.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
not much to say really, just your every day servant of chaos
>>
>>51096869
The party blacksmith in my campaign is actually an Earth Wizard who uses the "Forge" Spell to make most of the party's wares.
Not to say he couldn't swing a hammer at some iron and make a decent blade or set of armor with his Forging skill of 120, but it's far, FAR, faster and easier to turn out higher-quality gear with magic, and he's a man who doesn't like to waste time humping in a walk-in furnace for over half a year to turn out a +10 Ramdao, especially since he's also the party healer, enchanter, and dead languages expert, and they keep running into traps, things immune to mundane weapons, and satanic runes.
>>
>>51096869
Fairly historical. Blacksmiths in villages mostly make tools, nails, and do repairs. It's only if a town is garrisoned or if there's a major city that the smiths make armour or weaponry. Still, they'd be willing to give it a go, providing the coin was good.

My campaign takes place in a newly independent colony, around 20 years after a big war with the mainland. Supplies are still running low so the focus is on long term development (fortifications, tools for agriculture and mining) than for short term martial shenanigans.
>>
>>51096869
Andre forged me a lightning zweihander of swiftness +5 in a PF campaign I played in, as a fighter/rogue. Felt good man.
>>
>>51098750
>zaphander
>not Chaos Fire
wot r u casul?
>>
>>51100018
The DM is, clearly. Can't get get my gravelording on like that.

Though, it's lightning because I killed a cloud giant, and used the giant gem in his head as payment for the weapon.
>>
File: 1447093706360.png (40KB, 333x232px) Image search: [Google]
1447093706360.png
40KB, 333x232px
>>51097920
>But that's wrong you fucking retard, didnt you ever play WoW?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.