[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any system that allows you to do things like throw sand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Pocket sand.jpg (32KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pocket sand.jpg
32KB, 640x500px
Is there any system that allows you to do things like throw sand in people's eyes, trip, disarm and so forth that aren't retarded and with huge penalties?

Should you have to sacrifice an attack to do it?
>>
Legends of the Wulin sorta does this, but it heavily abstracts it. LotW uses a dicepool system that lets you take multiple actions on a single roll, rolling your pool and then assigning dice to what you want to do.

On an attack roll, in addition to attacking you can use Marvels, three simple actions that give everyone a degree of combat utility, that are made with your Skills rather than combat stats.

Disrupt and Disorient are debuffs, penalising an enemy stat or skill respectively, while Knockback allows you to force an enemy into an adjacent zone.

Tossing sand in someones eyes might be a Stealth or Finesse based D/D (Disrupt or Disorient) targeting an opponents Strike or Awareness, as an example.
>>
Mine goes:

Roll to hit twice.
If both hit, it works!
If both miss, an ironic reversal!
If one hit and one miss, partial success or success at cost.

This covers anything that's not bog standard I-hit-the-man attacks.
So trips, blinding, disarms, etc etc

For example, you want to trip a dude.
Roll to hit twice.
Both hit - he's tripped!
Both miss - you're tripped!
One hit one miss - you either knock him off balance (partial success) or you're both knocked to the floor (success at cost).

It means classes with higher BAB are better at combat manoeuvres while making the system vaguely self-balancing (I want to knock him off the cliff! But if I fail he knocks me off the cliff. Decisions)
>>
GURPS has a specific rule for cheap tricks like throwing your drink in someone's face or kicking up dust.
>>
Feng Shui. It also has character class Everyman Hero who gets bonus for improvised weapons
>>
Sand attack in pokemon.
>>
>>51088207
I too thought Pathfinder's rules for maneuvers are utterly retarded, anon
>>
D&D4
>>
That sounds like something most systems would handle with a situational modifier. Describe your attack in sufficiently creative way get a small bonus to your roll. Roll particularly well get an advantage next round too
>>
>>51088375
But everyone gets triggered by gurps because it's a hand-prepared meal instead of microwave ramen.
>>
>>51090298

GURPS is tofu. You can make it into anything, but it's still fucking tofu.
>>
>>51088207
Zweihander.
>>
>>51088207
Fate. If you throw sand in their eyes, trip them, disarm them, play loud music in their ears, AND throw chili peppers in their mouth, the enemy will become so disadvantaged that a single punch to the face will knock them out. Each negative status you apply can slightly boost the power of the actual attack, allowing you to OHKO enemies. Because of the way Fate does health, this can, in many cases, be a much quicker tactic than just repeatedly hitting them, depending on specific stats of the foe.
>>
>>51088207
I made a custom magic item based on this in D&D. It's basically a bag of holding but filled with infinite sand, as a bonus action you can fling it at someone within 15ft and if it hits, they have to make a con save or be blinded until they rub it out of their eyes as a bonus action. Pretty fun.
>>
Anything that isn't DnD 3.5 or Pathfinder really
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.