[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say Conan the Barbarian accidentally stumbled his way into 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0489.jpg (157KB, 669x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0489.jpg
157KB, 669x960px
Say Conan the Barbarian accidentally stumbled his way into 40k

What would happen to him? His strength and endurance surpass most men however he obviously is not as strong as a space marine.

What kind of lifestyle would the barbarian eek out in 40k?
>>
gets shot for heresy because worship of Crom is not recognized by Imperial Creed
>>
>>51087776
He actually DID stumbled his way into 40k.
And absolutely not accidentally.
He is the Almighty Emperor of Mankind. Once hi was also known as Conan the Cimmerian.
>>
>>51087810
this or he uses cunning, wit and protag powers to best anything. rule of cool
>>
>>51087806
Conan, both in the movies and pulp stories, was actually never really big on worship. In the movie he doesn't pay it much mind and in the short stories I believe he was more confused than anything. He didn't really understand the complex pantheons, rituals, ceremony and where exactly his god Crom fit into it. IIRC he actually delivers a monologue that amounts to this. Basically that he won't tread on the toes of divines but doesn't pretend to understand them

Don't ask me which story I don't remember. But yeah, Conan had enough street smart anyway to recognise that not worshipping the emperor would be bad for his health
>>
He treads the golden throne of terra beneath his sandaled feet
>>
>>51087857

In the books he explicitly mentions that Crom doesn't give a fuck about humanity. He's a patently deist sort of power: I fucking made you with the strengths you have, now its your job to live with it.
>>
>>51087810
Rush in and die, works—I was a man before I was an emperor.
>>
>>51087776
Depends what will be the situation.

If we are talking about making it into a story then something like Conan stumbling on a Guard regiment fighting orks. Guard of course think he is some kind of barbarian from feudal world maybe they are even fighting on the feudal world with low technology. So after Conan kills an ork with his sword gurdsman take him as regimental mascot.

By the end of the book Conan is at least a sergeant or maybe even lieutenant and talks in heavily accented low gothic.
>>
>>51088029
Yep. He uses Crom's name more as swear word. Later in his career I think he at least gives some respect to another god. Grudgingly. Mithra I think. But that's all.
>>
>>51090966
What would Conan think of the various weapons that the Guard uses ?
>>
40k crossover threads are the worst threads.
>>
>>51091632
At the start? Probably think that some sorcerer created them. but I doubt he will shy away from them for long considering that guardsmen are not that far from him in mentality.

After they show him that they are just weapons he will use them without problems. He even mechanicus will treat almost the same way as guardsmen - maybe with a little more disdain and less piety.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.