[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My lord, rumor has it that a nearby Kingdom has developed a curious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: download (37).jpg (702KB, 1920x1080px)
download (37).jpg
702KB, 1920x1080px
My lord, rumor has it that a nearby Kingdom has developed a curious way to wage war. Rather than their King calling upon his lords and nobles to summon forth knights, esquires and to levy the peasants, they have purchased the aide of sell-swords and mercenaries into permanent captains. Then of the common man they conscript and pay as a soldier under the banner of the Kingdom, as an army which remains even in times of peace, to be trained by these captains.
>>
>>51085379
Pfff, that's fucking stupid. Now the King is going to have to pay many a shilling to keep his army in peace so he may have it in war, and he'll have fewer peasants to work the fields and grow grain for his nation. Folly, I say!
>>
>>51085379
Isn't that exactly what I've been ordering you to do this whole time? I told you a thousand times it's nothing but stupidity and suicide to conscript our labor force during times of war! Guards, execute this man for failing to follow the orders of his lord!
>>
File: Knight-quotes.jpg (53KB, 500x352px)
Knight-quotes.jpg
53KB, 500x352px
>>51085451
Yes mi'Lord.

Begging yer forgiveness sire, but why ought we to worry? We have three times as many knights as them, each armed in heavy plate and steel, and whom have as much experience as any sellsword. Surely chivalrous courage and fealty to God and King can best the heart of any man who fights only for coin and mortal greed.
>>
>>51085540
You simpleton, replace only the peasant levies with the mercenaries so that all ranks of our armies are professional soldiers and our labor force remains strong even during times of war.
>>
>>51085582
Sire, there is trouble. Among the lords and knights is great disdain for these mercenaries, and many have petitioned you to segregate them or remove them entirely. They refuse to fight alongside, ehm as they said, "looters and thieves." calling it a stain upon their honor to associate with them on the field.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.