[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right, gents, let's talk females in Imperial Guard.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: safety first.jpg (59KB, 365x684px) Image search: [Google]
safety first.jpg
59KB, 365x684px
All right, gents, let's talk females in Imperial Guard.

Now, I've heard recently, that IG specifically creates all-male and all-female regiments, and mixed regiments are very rare and mostly come from two regiments joined together due to combat losses.

At the same time, we've got Leiutenant Mira from Space Marine, countless "men and women of Imperial Guard" in a lot of speeches, and I don't think I ever actually seen a mention of all-female regiment anywhere.

Then again, since I'm as terribad at grimdark fluff as they come, I was hoping some of you could elaborate on the subject.
>>
>>51076755
It's all true at the same time depending on where you are in the galaxy.
>>
>>51076755
Depends. Cadians are very well trained and are brought up with a Guard mindset for the most part, so mixed regiments likely work better for them than they would for a different planet's tithed guardsmen.
Plus Mira was just the most senior surviving officer on the planet, it's possible she led a female regiment until the point all her superiors were ork'd to death.

Honestly though just do what you want, it's a big galaxy and half the fluff contradicts the other half so whatever.
I mean there are limits, but mixed gender regiments aren't going to rustle any jimmies
>>
>>51076911
So there is not much fluff on females in IG?

I saw female IG models some time ago, and I've been wondering if they are official GW stuff or some sort of third party conversions.

And as for Mira, you might be right, but at one point in the game, a guardsman has a talk with her, and it is quite clear she is not only his superior, but also a friend, which suggests they served together for quite a bit.

Then again, it might be that they bonded over the shit that is going on, and I don't think it's ever said for how long the IG held their ground on the planet.

I was also wondering if anyone have heard or read about any other notable characters like her.
>>
>>51076755
GW would have to make female models for that
>>
File: img44a80268ea621[1].jpg (35KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
img44a80268ea621[1].jpg
35KB, 600x361px
>>51076755
Valhallan 296th (from Ciaphas Cain books), Xenonian Free Companies (IG 3rd E codex) are all-female regiments.

>>51077272
See pic, you ignorant dingus.
2 last chancers, 1 commissar, 1 tanith and 1 catachan. And then you have the old RT imperial guardswomen minis.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.