[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>join game >GM does a fantastic job, presents us a vivid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1090551285.gif (3MB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
1090551285.gif
3MB, 500x246px
>join game
>GM does a fantastic job, presents us a vivid world and creates great situations out of our choices
>the party is a bunch of obnoxious dudebruhs that spout memes and meander for an entire hour cackling because their character just drank wine through their nose
>leave

>join other game
>group is very mature, taking both their roleplay and decision-making just seriously enough
>GM presents a colorless, almost dead world, gives his bad guy the power of retconing the cosmos and shoves down our throats his evil "but totaly good" waifu DMPC

When is the part where I give up on RPGs /tg/?
Also bad game general, I guess
>>
File: 1314513034590.png (15KB, 202x243px) Image search: [Google]
1314513034590.png
15KB, 202x243px
>>51074453
>GM presents a colorless, almost dead world
That is literally me and I feel very ashamed because of that
>>
>>51074453
Persevere OP, when you finally find that rare group that is absolutely wonderful it will be all the sweeter because of the suffering you had to endure beforehand.
(Also keep the contact details for good DM's and players so if need be you can Frankenstein your own group together from the best players you've met.)
>>
>>51074453
You don't give up on RPGs.
You become a ForeverGM.
>>
File: paul_mccartney_sez_no.gif (1MB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
paul_mccartney_sez_no.gif
1MB, 400x307px
>>51076024
>going back to the position of making encounters I'd love to play out and watching the party just ignore them or shit all over them
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 500x376px
>start playing with friends
>longest time friend dm's a great game with an imaginative world and creative plot
>rest of the group and myself love it
>run a game myself
>fear the world/story/campaign are lame and boring
>everybody loves it
>been doing this for about twenty years now

I just don't get how everyone on /tg/ has such horrible luck finding good games.
>>
>>51076024
>You become a ForeverGM.
After 4 years of "I hit it with my sword", The Gamers jokes and players taking turns being absent, I'm done.
>>
>>51076158
>I just don't get how everyone on /tg/ has such horrible luck finding good games.

The generational trend of "If it doesn't work 100% right off, make a token effort, give up and try something else".

No effort or investment.
>>
>>51074453
Man it sucks that there are only two GMs in the entire world to choose from, OP
>>
>>51074453
introduce new party to old GM?
>>
>>51076625
I have to choose games that fit in with my work schedule. These two guys are all the luck I got after a long period of "hey, can you come over on [day&time impossible to make] for a game? Oh, that's a shame. Sorry man, we can't reschedule."

>>51076673
It's an idea.
Just hoping that they are willing to switch systems/learn a new one.
>>
File: Firelich.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Firelich.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>Boss finds out I used to play RPGs
>Figures that Pathfinder is close enough to CoC and 4th Ed
>Asks me to DM
>Tell him no
>He implies that I'll be fired if I don't DM.
>8 weeks in
>Just running cheap adventures module I bought while looking for another job
>Players are the Boss, a Guy who's one foot away from being homeless, the only guy who is reasonable and a fatass who has cheeto stains for hair
>Really, all they want is a power fantasy.
>Let them kill 'gods' and dragons and whatever else.
>Get a new job
>Put in two weeks notice with my regional boss
>Wait for two weeks to pass, surprised Regional boss hasn't told Boss yet
>Decide to put the screws to this group
>Whip up essentially a Q character and start fucking with them
>After turning the Boss's character into a Transsexual Dwarf named Sapphire, suddenly gets all "I'll fire your ass" on me.
>Ask him to roll a Wisdom save
>19
>"Your character is compelled to start making out with Homeless Guys' character (who's a Squid-Dog right now)"
>Group groans, Boss literally flips the table and starts destroying the GM screen he bought for me
>"Don't you fucking come in Monday you..." blah blah blah
Really, I should have let him fire me so I can get on unemployment. Job I got afterwards is much better than what I was doing.
>>
File: Roddy-Riper-10.jpg (232KB, 924x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Roddy-Riper-10.jpg
232KB, 924x1000px
>>51076158
>I just don't get how everyone on /tg/ has such horrible luck finding good games.

A vast majority of stories told on /tg/ are grand exaggerations of games they either left or got booted from. Others are just plain bullshit and once in a while you get one that's actually true.
>>
>>51077040
>I always play the maniac, the OG bardbarian
>>
>>51074679
Don't worry anon
Just practice desctibing the environment of the encounter and put an adjective before some words.
>>
>>51076537
correct response to too much "i hit it with my sword" is something that disarms the sword (rust monster, certain slimes, slow spell, a trap designed to disarm, heat metal effect, daring thievery, etc.)
>>
>>51076975
if this happened then my dick won GW Salesperson Of The Year
>>
>>51080933
Look at this loser, his dick didn't even win gw salesperson of the year.
>>
>>51081182
Which year?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.