[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear everyone, long time no see, eh ? I just wanted to express

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: 1406420068094.jpg (259KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1406420068094.jpg
259KB, 1200x675px
Dear everyone,
long time no see, eh ?

I just wanted to express my sincerest apologies for bailing out on you, but who can blame me ? It's not like I don't like you or anything, but going on adventures, meeting new people and //d/i/s///s//e//c/ discovering new creatures is the kind of life I've always longed for.
Needless to say, not having the Counsel on my back anymore is a huge plus. Yay freedom !

Anyways, I've been strolling about and leaving behind me a trail of monstrous corpses and PTSD'd abominations that just HAD to settle in abandoned dungeons and ancient ruins I needed to explore. Turns out I ended up wrecking all kinds of annoying calamities that made life impossible for the people living nearby, so the local count got word of it and decided to thank me by establishing the first wizard tower in the whole kingdom with me at its head.
Problem is, even though I'm quite handy with spells and can certainly find my way around a summoning ritual, I know absolutely nothing about wizard towers. How am I supposed to oversee the construction of one ? I must be paying for all the time I've spent in the library autisting around and not giving much attention to student life, but someone had to copy these books before the bugs crawling down there devoured them !
>>
>>51071595
I'm tempted to accept because, magic users being as rare as a virgin succubus in this land, the king himself may take interest in me and invite me to join his court. And I have no desire to find myself stuck in the middle of never-ending ceremonies, political intrigues and, the Will forbids, virgin succubi.

So here I am, begging for your help. What can you guys tell me about wizard towers ? How should they be organized ? How big ? What equipment and furniture will I need ? Should I bother with an astronomy room ? Not sure if familiars are worth the space and the maintenance.
I don't really know what to ask for besides a library and a lab. And where should the library even be ? In the basement I fear the humid conditions may alter the volumes, though putting it in the upper levels leaves it exposed to an increased risk of conflagration were anything to go wrong in the lab.

Thanks in advance. And don't be shy, it's on the county.
>>
File: C5b5Akk.gif (410KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
C5b5Akk.gif
410KB, 300x226px
>>
>>51071595
Towers? How archaic! All of the most innovative wizards nowadays have their lairs in underground labyrinths, filled with ancient tomes and crawling with forgotten magical experiments.
>>
File: 1465914397491.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465914397491.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>51071600
>library
>lab
>secret black library
>terrarium
>spa
>dimensional portals room...a porticolocator?
>summoning chamber
>bedroom, duh
>guest bedroom
>bathroom
>pantry...mages gotta snack
>servants' quarters
>boudoir if you're female
>secret treasure room
>scrying room
>undead storage closet
>emergency escape tunnel
>aquarium
>maze
>teleportation arrival & welcoming chamber...lava optional
>supply closet with trained crystal jelly
>prayer room
>>
>>51072590
>underground lair
That's what I'd go for if my main worry was discretion (and style) but for the time being we need something official.

>>51072613
In that order ?

The summoning chamber is a great idea; I think it should be near any eventual shrines for arcane magic, that's your prayer room. Also we could use it as a teleportation arrival chamber to save space, so this should be the highest part of the tower: first because the best place to communicate with the divine is the highest, and if I miss my teleportation it's easier to get out of a free fall than to heal limbs stuck in matter.
And wouldn't it be best to hide treasures and/or artifacts of value inside the maze ? it's the safest place I can think of
>guest bedroom
>servant quarters
We won't have guests nor servants, this isn't a castle
>spa
There's already one in town, no need to have a private one.
>undead storage closet
Genius.
As for the emergency escape tunnel, would that still be useful if there are dimensional portals ?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.