[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Traditionally kings send mighty heroes on epic quests At

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1480035006628.jpg (99KB, 599x602px) Image search: [Google]
1480035006628.jpg
99KB, 599x602px
>Traditionally kings send mighty heroes on epic quests
At what point does a quest become so pedantic, so meaningless and such a waste of time and resources that you decide to overthrow the monarchy and establish an institution that hands out less shitty quests?
>>
>>51071071
Regular Goblin camp cleansing.
If the army is not able to engage in low level pest removal by itself, the kingdom is ready to be overtaken by the party.
>>
Then will the people decide to give you shitty quests. Think the people will never do that? Have a regular chat with your average citizen and think again. Then watch them argue for hours what kind of quests you should do until everyone agrees on something that nobody really wanted.
>>
>>51071095
If the king moves armies around for goblins, the other countries might be a little nervous.

Some of those goblin camps are close to their borders.
>>
>>51071095
>If the army is not able to engage in low level pest removal by itself, the kingdom is ready to be overtaken by the party.
Thus began the reign of King Goblin Slayer, long may he live!
>>
>>51071071
>At what point does a quest become so pedantic, so meaningless and such a waste of time and resources
The point where you farm them out to lower-tier adventurers and go do something worthy of your time. Let the newbies slash at goblins, you can go do demons now.

Either that, or when you go into the wilderness and make your own monarchy, with blackjack and hookers. Then you can be the one getting others to do tedious goblin-removal while you go around being a bigwig head-of-state.
>>
>>51071071
One of my standard characters has that as a long term goal; he's a diehard stratocrat, and is always interested in in replacing the feudal system with a mercenary group. Which actually has a good reason for outsourcing tedious quests; its how they recruit.
>>
I don't think I've ever gotten a quest from a king in a game. Only drinking contests
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.