[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have you ever run a campaign based around Hellraiser? How'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: pinhead_woohooo.jpg (37KB, 353x593px) Image search: [Google]
pinhead_woohooo.jpg
37KB, 353x593px
have you ever run a campaign based around Hellraiser?
How'd it go and what system did you use?
>>
>>51067398
>you get tortured forever
>game over faggot
>>
No joke, I think F.A.T.A.L might be a good system for this
>>
>>51067398

Swords and Wizardry's Tome of Horrors has stats for some totally-not-Cenobites-you-guys called the N'Gathau.

>The n’gathau are a sadistic and cruel race of extraplanar creatures that
>journey the planes in search of living flesh to further their craft and trade.
>The n’gathau collect the flesh of their enemies, flay and destroy it, and
>reconstruct the tortured in blasphemous likenesses of their former selves.
>Additionally, they sometimes capture the essence of a slain outsider and
>bring it to their native plane where it remains in eternal torture.
>Most horrifying of all, the n’gathau were once humanoids themselves:
>taken by beings known as the Twelve and transformed via disfiguring
>tortures. Living creatures are the n’gathau’s desire, for the dead serve
>no purpose; the n’gathau cannot enjoy the suffering of one that cannot
>scream.
>The average n’gathau is a walking collection of bizarre tortures,
>piercings, chains, flayed skin, and hooks. No two n’gathau are identical
>in their suffering; the pain endured by each is unique.

Even has nice tables to roll on for random ritual mutilations done to create one of them, and what game effects it grants.
>>
File: NGathau.jpg (132KB, 686x694px) Image search: [Google]
NGathau.jpg
132KB, 686x694px
>>51067529

Forgot the pic, this one here is Chaas the Flayed.
>>
>>51067398
Kult is pretty much based on hellraiser, just say Cenobite instead of Nefarite.

Good game, used to play it a lot.
>>
Isn't there a D20 Hellraiser game/supplement?
It really annoyed me that they turned from neutral sensation-seekers into basically demons.
>>
>>51067398
D&D's Torog sounds sufficient for a Hellraiser Campaign
>>
>>51067551
Oh Chaz, always getting into mischief.
>>
File: DevilDaggers_start2.jpg (67KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
DevilDaggers_start2.jpg
67KB, 1067x600px
I've been wanting to run a game inspired by both Devil Daggers and Hellraiser.

The game is about a "magical" dagger that cuts right through anything, it will kill anyone.

But if you use it to accomplish a goal, like say you murder someone you want dead - the dagger becomes similar to the Puzzle Box. Things from Beyond appear, explain that the Dagger has served you, and now you must serve the Dagger, as you're dragged down into the Dagger itself. Surrounding you is a hellish arena steeped in darkness, forever spawning monsters, so you can fight and die over and over, until nothing human about you remains and you become a part of the Dagger.

Problem is, when you get dragged into the Dagger, the game is already over. So yeah. Fuck I dunno man.
>>
>>51067398
Yes, I have run a campaign about the Dark Eldar
>>
>>51067551
>assless chaps
>>
>>51070763
blame movie 3
>>
>>51071087
Sounds like it would be better as a macguffin or plot device rather than something they should use (unless they really need to that is, heroic sacrifice and all that).
>>
>>51067556
I never heard of Kult, could you elaborate it's similarities with hellraiser?

I too would like a game/system to roleplay some aspects of hellraiser, but more focused on "strange beings of desire" than "torture maniacs", like the God Hand from Berserk.
>>
>>51071391

All chaps are assless, anon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.