[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are zombies a good enemy for a party of 3 level 3 PC's in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2102.jpg (88KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2102.jpg
88KB, 620x453px
Are zombies a good enemy for a party of 3 level 3 PC's in D&D 5e

My idea is that there are rumors that the countryside of one of the major kingdoms have fallen to a mystic plague that raises the dead. And the party have been sent to confirm these rumors.

Good idea, yes - no?
>>
Yeah. Should be fine.
>>
>>51059798
Ok good, does anyone have any tips for running encounters with zombies?
>>
File: 1479654215913.jpg (1019KB, 1200x992px) Image search: [Google]
1479654215913.jpg
1019KB, 1200x992px
>>51059951
dude they're zombies
they attack and kills things
they dont eat so they have an excuse to be literally anywhere
in the basement, in a crypt, in the sewers, on a farm whatever
if you want to spice it up just have them standing there till the pc's get close
and then have one turn...look at them...and scream alerting all the others
they then rush at the party (using living run speed) to close the gap, not that move 30 feet and wait, no they will use their entire turn to get within range
fast zombies will add a bit of horror to the overused sh ambler
hell have a ghoul or wight hiding in the crowd who comes out to strike at a player before fading back in to the crowd
>>
>>51059951
Make sure someone has access to radiant damage, and make sure that the zombies don't rush them in a tight corridor.

I had a very fun campaign go horribly wrong because of that.
>>
>>51059743
I have a party of lvl 2 PC's in a Pathfinder campaign I'm running, and it's going pretty awesome with the random zombie raids. I have them appear in a small group, and let the party handle them. It[s nice because they take a decent amount of damage, and deal some minor stuff to the party, but nothing that they can't deal with. If I want to up the difficulty, I just add more zombies and maybe a ghoul or skeleton in there to.
>>
>>51059743
OP, zombies are great because they are a generic grabby+hitty enemy that you always have an excuse to add more of to force a retreat storytelling wise. Also You can literally add more zombies to an encounter based off of their level, just add the exact number you need, maybe add aspecial zombie or two and make the environment itself dangerous to navigate so it doesn't get boring.
>>
Combat can drag on with zombies depending on how they roll on their saving throws to not die, keep that in mind. Level 3 PCs should at least be dishing out enough damage to make the saves hard, but I remember a battle with one zombie dragging on for like 5 rounds longer than it should have with a level 1 group.
>>
>>51059743
Start out with a only a handful of them on the outskirts of the region, your party finds them in a farmhouse or something similar. If they want to continue towards a main town/city start throwing larger numbers of zombies at them to the point they can't deal with such large numbers and have to think about how to deal with the problem. There should also be more then just the standard zombie in large towns, give them something to think about.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.