[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the digimon thread from before was pretty well received,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 35

File: 51711293_p0.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
51711293_p0.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
So the digimon thread from before was pretty well received, might as well keep it going.

Looking to organize or grab people for a game?
https://discord.gg/w5kypjG

Commonly Recommended Systems:
- DDA
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Digimon:_Digital_Adventures
http://digimon-digital-adventures.tumblr.com/

- Monsters and Other Childish Things
>>
Does anyone else have experience with other systems besides the two listed, last thread asked about it, but there wasn't much in depth discussion?
>>
File: template.png (133KB, 1599x740px) Image search: [Google]
template.png
133KB, 1599x740px
Also, here are some templates to make your OWN evolution line.
>>
File: Dcda-1-007_back.jpg (146KB, 200x290px) Image search: [Google]
Dcda-1-007_back.jpg
146KB, 200x290px
What would you think of a Tamers/Xros/Appmon-inspired game mechanic where each tamer has one digimon, and uses the data of defeated enemies (not sentient) as mutually-exclusive powerups and once-per-battle special attacks?
I think it's a good way to give the tamer more decisions to make in battles while still only letting them have one digimon with one evolution line.
>>
File: template_hex_7_2_simple.png (20KB, 1750x700px) Image search: [Google]
template_hex_7_2_simple.png
20KB, 1750x700px
>>51057474
It sounds like an intersting premise, hardest thing would be how the players will be getting that data and making it one use could turn into "i'll save this for later or the final boss".

Also more templates
>>
>>51057568
>i'll save this for later or the final boss
I thought of that, but if the data is reusable it shouldn't happen.
The main problem would be balancing around the inevitability of PCs getting so many collectibles they're paralyzed by choice. Perhaps I could make it so they can only use enemy data from the same evolution stage as their current form.
>>
>>51058114
Well if the power scales as you go, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem.
You could make it similar to appmon where you can fuse them into stronger forms, so to keep choices down.
>>
File: template_mkIII.jpg (79KB, 1146x515px) Image search: [Google]
template_mkIII.jpg
79KB, 1146x515px
>>51058114
Limiting too much the choices could do the opposite effect imo

Also more templates
>>
File: template_rect_closed.png (12KB, 1770x430px) Image search: [Google]
template_rect_closed.png
12KB, 1770x430px
Try adding a background, make it less boring.
Advanced: add a layer set to overlay between the blank template and images/icons to give the borders a tint.
>>
File: spider_line.png (891KB, 1750x700px) Image search: [Google]
spider_line.png
891KB, 1750x700px
>>51060412
I tried to give a background, also bump
>>
Awesome. I was hoping to see another thread pop up. Even thou it seems to be dying. Lets talk Turkey. What kind of campaigns would you guys run?

I'm trying to put together a four man game where the kids are sent to the DW to help force a reboot. Kind of like the painted world in dark souls. I'm gonna make the partners megas themed around the four horsemen to drive home that end of days feel.
>>
>>51064060
I like the dark souls comparison, but do you think it might be a little unfair to not give the players creative control over their digimon? It's what they're going to be playing with for most of the game so I imagine they'd want something they like.
>>
File: 1421377376023.png (114KB, 1602x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1421377376023.png
114KB, 1602x1110px
This template was always fun for me
>>
>>51056922

Digimon doesn't seem like a good match for TTRPGs, unlike things like pokemon, due to the way digimon get stronger then become weaker. How do you handle that?
>>
>>51067132
Well it's just a matter of getting your partners to evolve, which is a matter of stats and rolling, or a kind GM.

In our game we had a few tense situations where our partners couldn't evolve or situations where some people were able to and some people weren't in combat situations, but dealing with those type of scenarios is kind of the fun of roleplaying.

To lower dependency on luck, the party always has the option of evolving before a combat scenario so that they're prepared. So it's just a matter of how you want to go about the game as well.
>>
File: adult.png (1MB, 1602x790px) Image search: [Google]
adult.png
1MB, 1602x790px
>>51066905
This is an old one from way back
>>
>>51066579
Well, I'd take the megas and work my way back to rookie/child and let them pic from the available paths
>>
File: digi_coll.jpg (89KB, 614x461px) Image search: [Google]
digi_coll.jpg
89KB, 614x461px
bump
>>
Do you think that giving digimon the ability to have multiple digivolutions would be a bad idea?
Right like I'm intending this for people to collect different digivolutions for things like different styles of combat and mobility. This way you could have a fish-digimon come ashore and not be at a disadvantage, or simply fly to another location.
>>
>>51071218
it sounds pretty fun desu
>>51067132
You can do it like VtM Disciplines. Just because you have five dots in a certain discipline doesn't necessarily mean it's always on.
Your digimon can from gaining experience gain the ability to digivolve to Ultimate/Mega etc
>>
>>51071288
oh, and also perhaps DNA digivolution is where the two digimon pool their exp and thusly together can form a single Ultimate, etc
>>
>>51071288
Thanks, I'm just worried that it would be... Kinda convoluted keeping track of all the digimon you could potentially get.
>>
File: megidramon.jpg (614KB, 1300x870px) Image search: [Google]
megidramon.jpg
614KB, 1300x870px
Anyone have any ideas on how to make this monstrosity a Digimon Ruler?

I've been developing a setting I would like to play with my friends and I just don't know what to do with this guy. I'm using the four dragons as the most powerful digimon and they rule great swathes of the digital world, and I've got ideas for each of them but this one.
>>
File: 1482689902330.jpg (116KB, 453x750px) Image search: [Google]
1482689902330.jpg
116KB, 453x750px
>>51071454
Well I mean, it is a red dragon. Could go the Smaug route or something. Y'know, scary strong AND scary smart
>>
>>51071454
He's really hungry but he can only eat fire so he wages war to capture digimon who can produce new flames
>>
>>51071337
Keeping it on a google sheet or something probably wouldn't be so bad, but yeah I can see it being a lot for a GM to consider when making encounters and such.
>>
>>51071454
If you don't want to go through with the evil king deal, you can just make incredibly harsh and pragmatic which would be the cause for his people's success with the appearance of being evil and uncaring.
>>
>>51071454
Well, do you plan to use the digital hazard? It is a power that can destroy the world if unchecked. You could make him tragic, a noble hero(gallantmon) that to it in to contain it. Over time it has changed him but hasn't "yet" broken his spirit.

Or you can go the opposite. Have a chaosdukemon be a recurring Nov that leads them against the other three before revealing his true self and beginning world destruction. Only the other three together or now the party can hope to stand against him.
>>
File: 1429751822406.png (35KB, 1170x833px) Image search: [Google]
1429751822406.png
35KB, 1170x833px
oin to dump some templates I have for lines and such
>>
>>51073310
*Npc, not Nov.
>>
File: hex template.png (50KB, 2800x750px) Image search: [Google]
hex template.png
50KB, 2800x750px
>>51073330
>>
File: 1423780129485.png (847KB, 1146x1248px) Image search: [Google]
1423780129485.png
847KB, 1146x1248px
>>51073351
>>
File: Millipart.png (786KB, 1198x686px) Image search: [Google]
Millipart.png
786KB, 1198x686px
>>51073364
Hmm I thought I had more than that, oh well
>>
File: Boxes.png (202KB, 620x335px) Image search: [Google]
Boxes.png
202KB, 620x335px
>>51073463
Another line I like using these hexes
>>
>>51073310
>Digital Hazard
Hm?
And I figure if he's one of the four dragons that his power would be equal to the others... Just expressed in different ways.
>>
>>51074896

Megidramon has lore where he's the digital hazard expressed aka armageddon. Likewise as a sovereign, Azulongmon is suppose to be really strong.

Holydramon/Goddramon don't have much lore associated, but putting them on equal footing wouldn't be a big deal.

You're free to use powerlevels however you want for your campaign though.
>>
>>51075140
Well in this case they're each equal to one another in terms of power, they've just got different areas of focus.

Like Goddramon's realm is tied heavily to Witchelny, and he's capable of doing all sorts of magical spells. He's even gotten special clearance to build his palace in their realm and is considered a citizen of Witchelny.
>>
>>51075394

That's a good start.
I imagine Holydramon deals with the heavenly domain then?

Another way to look at it is to treat Megidramon as the lucifer of the group, depending on how you would want to deal with his lore he could be super evil or put under a sympathetic light.
>>
File: Ranamon line.png (731KB, 1700x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ranamon line.png
731KB, 1700x450px
Posting more lines because evo lines are always fun
>>
>>51067935
Do yourself a favour and don't run a Digimon campaign if you are going to tackle it by forcing a theme on your player's lines. The Megas are what most people look forward to and most players choose them to represent a desired character development on their PCs. You are just going to stress yourself out trying to find players and then find out that no one wants to play Digimon if they can't choose their, well, Digimon.
>>
>>51075960
HolyDramon does indeed have a sort of heavenly theme going on with her. She's all about obedience and order, she rules her territory with an iron fist. In order to keep the digimon under her pacified she's ordered her angels to tend to their needs, running a lot of the businesses like hospitals, entertainment venues and so on. Naturally kind, these angelic run places really help improve her image.
Her true power comes from her knights, she's got the Royal Knights defending her territory. She offers any digimon who wants a place in her army the chance to evolve into a grunt knightmon and work their way up the ladder.
>>
>>51056922
Don't do a discord. That's how ideas and productivity die.

>>51056936
Savage Worlds could work, as would Mutants and Masterminds, or most other systems that handle superpowers.
>>
File: swordkitty.png (539KB, 1342x478px) Image search: [Google]
swordkitty.png
539KB, 1342x478px
This kind of works if you just change some of the colors around. Just make the lion parts white and turn the armor blue.
>>
>>51076245
That's some nice world building. I think your players are in for a treat.

>>51076264
I don't see the problem with discord, it lets people organize quickly, we already have a group getting together now thanks to the room.

I'll add Savage Worlds and Mutant Masterminds to the list. GURPS could probably be considered too, given how generic and universal the roleplay system is
>>
>>51076419
As I said I've got ideas and I've slowly been building out the world and even made some warring factions for the players to come across and get entangled with....

All except for Megidramon.
I just can't come up with anything worthwhile when it comes to the evil dragon.
>>
>>51076641
Well some cool ideas were tossed around that I think you can work with.
>>
Digimon is trash, pokemon is superior
>>
>>51077868
the only trash here is your taste
>>
>>51077868
Eh they're both ok at best

Now Youkai Watch, that's some good shit
>>
>>51076224
Then where is the surprise when they reach that level? The best part of digivolution was not knowing what they would turn into. It was all part of the adventure. Better to let them pick the one they like and work their way up, then go top down. That just makes it a grind.

Just my two cents.
>>
File: 1430839311491.png (537KB, 1244x405px) Image search: [Google]
1430839311491.png
537KB, 1244x405px
>>
>>51079497
I'm not sure what you're arguing here.

The guy you're responding to doesn't like the idea of being forced into having a mega. That doesn't really contradict what your saying though since you can get your experience in both scenarios. In fact what you're saying seems like it's against the idea of having your line in front of you.
>>
File: green.png (403KB, 1252x358px) Image search: [Google]
green.png
403KB, 1252x358px
>>
File: trueknight.png (246KB, 964x230px) Image search: [Google]
trueknight.png
246KB, 964x230px
>>51080299
>>
>>51079575
I see where you come from. And him as well. In my group I'm the only real fan of digimon as a whole. I'm just going with what the guys reacted positively towards. In this instance, yes, I feel it would be best to leave final level stuff in the dark. Really only for my plot hook, abd so the one or two guys that know stuff won't abuse it.

Really tho, I responded to hopefully make conversation. Digimon threads are rare on /tg/ and I don't want it to die yet.
>>
>>51081112
Appreciate the sentiment.

I think it's really important to cater to the players than try to meet a standard 'this is what good GMs do' checklist when it comes to stuff like this.

I find the idea of not knowing what my partner would evolve into interesting, though I could see myself getting annoyed if I felt like I had very little control.

Like if the mon I got were prestated and I was forced into roles I didn't like or something to that degree.
>>
>>51084291
No, I agree completely. If I got guilmon or some such I'd be psyched to get gallantmon. If the gm made me go tyrannomon line then, yes, I'd be a little miffed. But then, I know that stuff.
>>
>>51084410
It's probably help to get a sense of your players taste, give them a wide variety of digimon to meet and see what they respond well to.
>>
>>51071454
>Megidramon
I love that guy. Serious talk though?
He doesn't 'rule' his kingdom when the PCs get there. Hear me out, okay? I think it'll be worth it.
His kingdom is the one where everyone always plays nice, there's no segregation or hatred. It's laws are enforced by a polite group of digicops who will just straight ban people from the kingdom on their second offense. It's crude, but efficient. Everything works well because the kingdom has a dark secret, and it's that Megidramon isn't gone. He isn't dead. He was sealed away and nobody knows what will make him reawaken and none of them want to see it happen because of his nature as one of the digital hazards. Him awakening should be a cataclysm, a scourge.

When he comes back to rule it shouldn't be as a tyrant but as an digimon whose presence alone corrupts and destroys the natural land around him, so to compensate he has his armies invade other land, setting off a chain of wars. He wants his people to live, but they can't live close to him or they won't be able to survive. All of the lore around him should be mysterious and vague until he awakens too.
>>
File: eh.png (475KB, 1146x515px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
475KB, 1146x515px
>>
>>51085133
I'm gonna ask you, since you're posting plenty of digivolution pics. I'm thinking about doing one of my own line but I can't figure out what I should use as an ultimate.

>Rookie
Yasyamon
>Champion
Musyamon
>Ultimate
???
>Mega
Tactimon
>>
>>51085271
Grademon and Buraimon are good options.

Having Yasyamon as a rookie is a little weird though imo.
>>
File: Kotemon Chart 2.jpg (139KB, 1042x449px) Image search: [Google]
Kotemon Chart 2.jpg
139KB, 1042x449px
>>51085271
use Kotemon as the Child stage instead(since Yaksamon isn't a Child stage, he's an Adult/Armor), as for the Perfect, I suggest Butenmon
>>
>>51075394
>>51071454
As the others have said about the Digital Hazard, he's not directly malicious, but simply being near him corrupts and destroys data.

The center of his realm is a gigantic sinkhole leading straight to him. Nobody can enter that way as it acts like a furnace and obliterates anything that enters that way. With that as a constant reminder of authority, Megidramon's police act crudely but strictly, enforcing order within towns.

Megidramon is worshiped neither as a god nor king, but more like a disaster that must be "appeased". But because of this, it's hard for corruption to happen since everyone is keenly aware that the living disaster cares little for material wealth or authority.

Underground tunnels and dungeons hold a safe path leading to him, but it also serves as the main base of Megidramon's forces, who risk daily deletion from simple proximity in exchange for being blessed with his might.

Only the highest positions ever directly know of Megidramon's orders and motives, but so far none have been particularly focused on being destructive or constructive.
>>
As I sit here assembling space marines I'm thinking about some things.
1- should I make armors just regular mons
2- appmon/ legendary warriors. Use them as regular lines, or a different species all together
>>
>>51086327
I think it's fine to use them are regularmon open to the players, but if the players don't care to use them, then go wild on some world building.
>>
>>51057474
Oh, that's perfect.

I've been wanting to run a Digimon game for a while, where the players team up and one is the Digimon, and the other one is the Digidestined. The main problem I've been running into is how to make sure that it doesn't just turn into a fight over who gets to be the Digimon. For some reason Tamers totally slipped my mind.
Def stealing.
>>
>>51086327
>1- should I make armors just regular mons
I say yes(most Armors are the equivalents to Adults, but some might be Perfects, especially the Golden Armors), but also have them be available through Armor Evolution if someone gets a Digimental

>2- appmon/ legendary warriors. Use them as regular lines, or a different species all together
not sure about Appmon(haven't watched that one yet), but yes for the Legendary Warriors, generally Spirits fall into line as such;

Human-Spirit=Adult stage
Beast-Spirit=Perfect
Fusion-Spirit=Ultimate
Transcendent-Spirit=Ultimate
>>
File: 03xTokomonFamily_v10.jpg (258KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
03xTokomonFamily_v10.jpg
258KB, 800x700px
bump
>>
>>51080731
>No KingChessmon
How dare you!!
>>
>>51086057
I really like this idea.
Plus it has a use for the 'evil' digimon like Lilithmon and the other satanic types.
>>
Is OVA a good option for digimon games?
>>
>>51089892
I haven't heard of OVA, what's it like?
>>
>>51090429
Skill based rules lite anime game. I'm on the phone right now and can't post the rules.
>>
Opinion on people pulling a Guilmon and making their own digimon?
Lord knows there are a lot of fanmade digimon out there.
>>
>>51090862
I'd be fine with it. I'd probably like a subsystem for Digimon so that there's some guidance and you don't get weabmon 3000 from everyone.
>>
File: Digidestined.png (2MB, 1843x876px) Image search: [Google]
Digidestined.png
2MB, 1843x876px
>>
>>51091756
If I remember right this is the party of some fellow anon, right?
>>
>>51091903
Yup, we actually finished up the game/are the main people behind the discord in op.

If you're curious how the game went we can definitely tell you about it. We went on about it in the last thread, but I'm sure none of us would be against doing it again.
>>
>>51091963
Have been months without tg for me and story time is always appreciated. Thanks anon.
>>
>>51092001
Sure, greentext incoming
>>
File: 1483323942188.png (681KB, 1181x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1483323942188.png
681KB, 1181x1748px
>>51092001
Oh man, something came up so I won't be able to storytime right away, but in the meantime check out our blog to get a sense of the characters and I'll be back with highlights.

https://digimonthefive.wordpress.com
>>
>>51092211
Don't worry, shit happens. Will check the blog and patiently wait your return.
>>
>>51092211
So the basis of the story is that our characters are a bunch of kids who managed to get access to this popular vrmmo called Digimon Online which allowed people to access the digital world through specialized machines.

However, after some unusual events, the kids were in a surprise to learn that their digimon were actually members of a historic group called The Five who defeated an evil group called The Host and saved the digital world, at the cost of their lives. Now The Host has returned and The Five were brought back to life and it was on the kids to help bring these reborn digimon back to their former glory and defeat The Host.

You probably know the characters already from checking the blog, but a recap wouldn't hurt.

>Castor Garnet (13) and Coronamon
The kid in the red bandana. He's a hot blooded kid who loves to fight and ultimately just wants to do right by everyone with what skills he has. A few years prior to the story, Castor and his mother were in a tragic car accident which resulted in her falling into a coma to ensure Castor's safety.

This event made Castor have a phobia for mechanical transportation and developed a person need to do his best for others. Because he felt he wasn't particularly good at anything but fighting, Castor spent much of his time up to that point developing that skill and being a bit of rebel when it came to the usual way of getting things done.

Castor's Crest is the Crest of Courage

Coronamon is the reincarnated Apollomon. A fair and kind king, Apollomon was responsible over a kingdom known as The Kingdom. Additionally he was created The Firewall Brigade which was a force of peace whose effect was still visible to the party to this day.

As Coronamon, he finds himself taking pleasures in the simpler parts of life, enjoying fights, watching others in their affairs, but ultimately preferring to be uninvolved and let people find their own path to their success, which comes to bit him as the story progresses.
>>
>>51094657

>Chie Miura (13) and Tentomon
The girl with the spiderman shirt. She's a huge nerd of both western and eastern flavors and most jovial of the group, but also the most insecure. She's the shortest of the group and incredibly self conscious of her height to the point of wearing platform shoes at the advent of the adventure. Coming from a mixed Japanese and American heritage she has huge issues with her family, her father in particular.

Chie's Crest is the Crest of Love

Tentomon is the reincarnation of BanchoStingmon. BanchoStingmon was a member of the Banchos, a gang of digimon with incredible power that lived as family with a strong set of morals and beliefs they followed. Their signature fighting style involved a rapid flash of punches against their opponent, usually accompanied by a nonstop chant of 'ORA.' Ultimately the Banhos were wiped out in the final conflict with The Host which which weighed heavily on Tentomon's heart as he moved forward in life.

Tentomon himself initially played a more peaceful role compared to his Bancho counterpart, much to Chie's disappointment. However as he evolves and embraces his past self more and more, he takes on the snarky, fun loving, Spiderman-esque personality which leaks into his base form.
>>
>>51094684
>Abigail (Abby) Curtis (11) and Shoutmon
The girl in yellow poncho. Abby is a sweet and kind girl, was born mute, though through the game she was able to communicate relatively easily thanks to a text to speech and messaging function of the digivice. This did not completely solve her issues in regards to not being able to communicate however.

Very much a pacifist, she dislikes fighting and early in the story she commonly advocated fleeing. However as things progress, her heart strengthens and she proves to be one, if not the strongest member of the group often credited as a major source for keeping everyone together. She took the role of the party's healer, frequently accompanying and supporting many members of the group as they recovered both physically and mentally from various battles or tragic events.

Abby's Crest is the Crest of Kindness.

Shoutmon is the reincarnation of Omegamon. Born a twin with his brother Howlermon who he cared very deeply for. Prior to The Host, Omegamon was the newest member of the Royal Knights, the highest brass of knights among The Knighthood, an organization made to train and breed knights for the digital world. He and his brother were seen as outstanding members and were also scouted for The Five once The Host began to show their effect on the digital world, however in perhaps the saddest moment of his life, his brother betrayed him and joined The Host out of jealousy, leaving the digimon broken during the final fights against the Host.

As Shoutmon he contrasts heavily to the more serene and calm Omegamon and the quiet and Meek Abby. Very loud and forward, Shoutmon played a bit of a leader role among the digimon, doing his very hardest to keep everyone together. Adores Abby, almost a little too much. Also he's yellow.
>>
>>51094706
Abby's actually 12 not 11, my bad.

>Konrad Rayner (14) and Patamon
The blue kid and our groups edgelord, though he wasn't actually that bad. The oldest member of the group and a bit of a cynic and downer. From witnessing his brother be assaulted after a robbery and not being able to do anything, Konrad came to hate anything that could be seen as evil. This escalated to him wanting to murder a digimon to set an example, though the party fortunately stopped him.

As the game progressed, Konrad was never afraid to speak his mind, often leading to feuds between him and either Chie or Castor, when opposing viewpoints were held. That said Konrad proves to care deeply for those around him and take extra steps to ensure their safety.

Konrad's Crest is the Crest of Friendship.

Patamon is the reincarnation of Seraphimon, one of the three great angels. Seraphimon was married to Ophanimon and great friends with ClavisAngemon who guided the party when they first arrived in the digital world. Known for incredibly hammy speeches.

As Patamon, he takes a much more childish personality, frequently goofing around or taking childish grudges against others. That said, Patamon proves to care deeply for Konrad and sides with him even when times get dark.
>>
>>51094728

>Theodore (Todd) Bradley and Hawkmon
The kid in green. Todd is the group's youngest and began as a timid boy who develops a great trust in his partner. Quiet for most of the game, he has a deep wish to break out of his introverted habits and progressively opens up to other members of the party, growing to become his own individual.

He was unfortunately cursed with having his player replaced, which made his development offset compared to the others.

Todd's Crest is the Crest of Honesty.

Hawkmon is the reincarnation of Ravemon. Ravemon was originally a member of The Host who switched sides after being convinced by Omegamon. Incredibly skilled as a ninja, Ravemon was a great asset to The Five, especially after they lost Howlermon. His fight was one of redemption.

As Hawkmon, he carried many of Ravemon's traits, particularly that of being well trained in the art of stealth. Very dry, but humorous, Hawkmon mostly kept to himself. He frequently dealt with his demons in the form of memories from his time with the host.
>>
>>51090862
I'd only allow it if they can draw it decently well, and I'd have to vet every aspect of it, otherwise they'd be limited to existing Digimon(although they can make slight tweaks to those as needed, like changing color schemes)
>>
>>51094741
>>51094728
>>51094706
>>51094684
>>51094657
So far so good, thanks for the good work anon.
>>
File: Digimon - awesome tamer (1).png (1MB, 993x1251px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon - awesome tamer (1).png
1MB, 993x1251px
One day I'd like to get art as nice as this for my Digimon character.
>>
Darn, there isn't some sort of Digimon RPG forum or community, where I could find some group in future?
I'm DMing non-stop of late, but as soon I get some free time I'd love to jump into the bandwagon as player: my players just hate the concept of "mon" games, so I'm having issues to find anything in that regard.
>>
>>51097038
We have a Discord channel that is precisely that: a general hub for Digimon RPG players looking for campaigns and sharing war stories. If you are interested I can give you an invite.
>>
>>51097508

I presume it was the one in the OP post? If so, I just joined in, thanks.
>>
>>51097738
that is the one indeed.
>>
File: Keramon.png (787KB, 1370x520px) Image search: [Google]
Keramon.png
787KB, 1370x520px
>>51056937
>>
>>51097852
Nope this digimon is not allowed.
>>
bump for more storytime
>>
File: airdramon.png (1MB, 1599x740px) Image search: [Google]
airdramon.png
1MB, 1599x740px
>>
>>51102546
you'd probably be better off shrinking the images so they fit, it'd look better
>>
>>51102613
I actually didn't make this one, it's a super old one I saved.
>>
File: 1-1-2-full.png (73KB, 660x467px) Image search: [Google]
1-1-2-full.png
73KB, 660x467px
>>51099884
I guess I'll start from events from the first session and skip onto big events from there.

The game starts up with all of our characters lined up to try out a game they got access to: Digimon Online. While they wait in line for their turn (see image), the group gets to know each other. Little quirks are shown, Todd had apparently played the game before, Castor tries to start a fight with Konrad for being snide, and is a little sassy to Abby for not talking, but after being laid straight by Chie, promptly apologizes for being rude and promises to make it up to her in the future (This probably where their ship began now that I'm looking back). We also see a little boy with a Guilmon plushie in the store as well (this is relevant waaaaay later).

Our group eventually gets the opportunity to play the game together. Here the group meets Alicia who acts guides the kids through the process of playing the game,helping them set up their avatars and guiding them through the VR system. During this process we meet her partner Starmon, who has been with Alicia for quite some time. We'll talk more on them later.

Anyways the party finally gets thrown into the digital world. During the transition we get our digivices and then we picked out our partners from a system. Shortly after each of the party members met their partners.

(I'll paste the intros in the next post since I'm hitting a character limit.

After that we are welcomed the characters with the message:

>WELCOME TO DIGIMON ONLINE

Which our GM used to open almost every game since officially starting our adventure. It's turned into a very special phrase for us.
>>
>>51102875

Intro text:
>as Abby presses the random button a and see's what the fates had in store for her, suddenly a bright gold glowing orb materializes next her. Then a wireframe starts to take form before several arcs of pulsing sound take form into none other than , SHOUTMON!
>Konrad elects to start with patamon, and suddenly feels a weight on the top of his head. He can feel the flap of leathery wings as a PATAMON banks to his right and smiles at him!
>Chie can hear a buzzing and looks down to see none other than the beetle Digimon TENTOMON waving at her as he flies Top Gun style beneath her, masterfully zigging and zagging as he waves his insect appendage and does a loop de loop
>Castor ahead of him can see several flaming orbs collect around each other as a wireframe begins to take shape. In a firey and triumphant explosion CORONAMON comes into existence and extends his arms out for the flamiest of fist bumps
>Todd can see a spiraling of what appear to be feathers ahead of him, that continue around and around in a hex like formation until bursting through in a dazzling red and white light display is HAWKMON. He lifts his wings in a pose and doubles back with another corkscrew to settle beside Todd, flashing him a wink
>>
>>51102887
After meeting each other, the partners got to know each other. Chie tried to man up Tentomon who was a little too nice for her taste. Todd was very neutral with his meeting with Hawkmon. Abby and Shoutmon made some deep spiritual bond in the matter of minutes. Patamon and Konrad go on about how they're an odd pair.

Castor actually got in a fight with Coronamon over who gets to be the boss between the two of them. Using the actual game systems to decide who'd win. Castor surprisingly won overwhelmingly, dodging everything Coronamon threw at him while getting hits in like they were nothing. The fight was cut short by Starmon as Coronamon sat at 1 health. The two ended with the promise it'll be continued later.

Some sweet quotes from this time:
>Shoutmon to Abby: "Huuhh. Can you say something? You're leaving me thinking I did something wrong. Shout your name for the world to hear!"

>Patamon to Konrad: "So, i was wondering, why me instead of one of those menacing looking digimon"
>"I, uh, think you look cool and strong and...hugable."

>Chie to Tentomon: "But don't worry, Tentomon, when I'm done with you, you'll be a total hero stud!"

Starmon guides us to a Locomon to take as to the main hub of the game aptly named Hub City. Castor did not have a good time getting on Locomon, but handled it well.On the other hand the rest of the party had a good time, up until they got an alert on their digivice, inviting the players to an early access program.

The entire party said yes and as if on cue, the train has its roof ripped open and a Shurimon pops in to attack the party! In response, the digivice provides one of it's early access bonuses to Todd giving him a scannable card, which he promptly uses giving Hawkmon a new weapon: Leomon's sword.

We cut the session there, continuing with our first battle in the second session.
>>
>>51103289
The battle proceeds as expected: child digimon missing fucking everything.

To try to make up for the general failures, Konrad and Castor try to square up to Shurimon, funnily enough each time Castor got into range, he didn't have enough actions to do anything and Shurimon would be gone by the time his turn rolled back around. As such, the first human punch on a digimon went to Konrad.

The fight moved to our favor after that as digimon started to more consistently hit. Eventually it reached a point where we manage to get Shurimon off the train, however that wasn't enough to keep him down as he jumped back up shaking the train, causing Chie and Castor to fall off. Their partners jump after them, prompting the game's first evolutions!

It was actually pretty neat because both characters ended up being the group's leader/gogglehead (more on that later), which is usually who gets the first evolution in digimon.

The two launch their attack on Shurimon with Stingmon getting the finishing blow, letting the group ride to hub city victorious.
>>
File: Digimon.Adventures.full.1384134.jpg (3MB, 2652x1718px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon.Adventures.full.1384134.jpg
3MB, 2652x1718px
bump
>>
File: 1393319634135.jpg (1MB, 1512x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1393319634135.jpg
1MB, 1512x1000px
Don't you die on me!
>>
File: 1319001752514.jpg (2MB, 3500x2148px) Image search: [Google]
1319001752514.jpg
2MB, 3500x2148px
Something interesting I just found saved, Anyone recognize this? Some of these seem fan made. Maybe I'll try and make up some line connections for a few.
>>
>>51105066
pretty sure this is a fanfic made by someone. It's incredibly extensive with art and cards done, but it's also entirely in japanese. I think you can find it if you look up digimon infinity.
>>
Running my first session tomorrow for a Digimon campaign. Almost none of the player's have seen digimon before so it should be a fun time. I'm giving them the whole experience. Hidden evolutions, exploring the digital world for crests, the death of a leomon, the works.
>>
>>51105400
Sounds exciting. Good luck!
>>
How is the Digital Adventures system? I looked at it, but I wasn't really impressed. Does it run alright? It seems like Digimon and humans having different stats would get old
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.