[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comparatively, should a horse have more or less health than its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: c09.png (656KB, 680x555px) Image search: [Google]
c09.png
656KB, 680x555px
Comparatively, should a horse have more or less health than its rider?

I'm playing a game where we just had to save a party member's mount from near-death and discovered later that his horse had significantly less health than he did. Max health, I mean. Which I thought was odd.
>>
Depends on the game.

In a game like DnD, where hitpoints represent character importance, no.

In a game like L5R, which is quite lethal and wounds represent actual damage, yes. Much more.
>>
>>51051700
Health =/= Hit Points.

Hit points are are an abstraction of your character's vitality, stamina, endurance, and luck. Essentially your character's capacity to avoid a mortal wound.
>>
>Rape horse

Post the rest of it, go on
>>
File: 1468814039774.png (274KB, 548x493px) Image search: [Google]
1468814039774.png
274KB, 548x493px
>>51051787
>>
>>51051716
Aren't horses fragile as fuck, though?
>>
I really wish that scene didn't turn me on as much as it did.
>>
>>51051787
Farnese never actually gets raped by the Rape Horse.
>>
File: berserk17-chapter03-page054-55.jpg (659KB, 1600x1192px) Image search: [Google]
berserk17-chapter03-page054-55.jpg
659KB, 1600x1192px
>>51051787
>>
>>51051716
>In a game like DnD, where hitpoints represent character importance, no.

That's very wrong and you should feel dumb.
>>
>>51053805
Read the description of hitpoints, anon, you'll feel very dumb after that.
>>
>>51051700
Horses are as fragile as glass, anon. They are strong and work hard carrying heavy loads farther than you can, but break one bone and the animal falls apart. Panic sets in and the horse's massively powerful heart almost causes it to bleed out if not calmed.

That's why racehorses take victory laps and keep moving after a race instead of heading straight to stand in the winner's circle. They've been pushing their heart so hard that if they suddenly stop the heart can literally explode.
>>
They should have a high Constitution stat, right?
>>
>>51053992
That is true for thoroughbreds but they aren't really representative of horses as a whole. Warmbloods like the Irish Draught horse or Shire are a good deal tougher.
>>
>>51051700
To my understanding, humans are actually very resilient. Other animals often go into shock and die of shit like a broken leg, apparently. That said, a horse is a lot more massive than a person, I'd be willing to bet that you'd have a lot harder of a time punching a horse to death than punching a person to death. But then punches aren't bows and arrows, and I would really think that a horse would have less ability to roll with the blows it takes or to be evasive to the point where more of the blows that land are glancing blows. And a horse is also larger and therefore easier to hit on that basis, so it should be easier to score a solid hit and do more damage. So maybe there you see a case of the horse having more hit points (because its massive) but taking greater damage (because it's easier to land solid blows), with those two factors canceling each other out.
>>
>>51051716
>Barbarians are always more important than wizards
>>
>>51053511
More HP, less AC, incoming attacks have expanded crit range.

Horses can tank a lot of injury, just not to some specific places.
>>
>>51053805
>he actually said it
>>
>>51054231
>Other animals often go into shock and die of shit like a broken leg, apparently.
So will humans. A broken femur is a death sentence unless you're ten minutes from a good hospital. A broken pelvis is even worse, since it often leads to lacerated organs.
>>
A nosebleed can kill a horse. Have you seen the aftermath of a horse nosebleed? It makes a slasher flick look tame. We are talking thick sprays of blood up and down the walls, the ceiling, the floor, everywhere.
>>
>>51055255
I see nothing wrong here.
>>
>>51055315
Well thats also because the femur is the strongest bone in the human body. So if you break it there's probably a whole bunch of other stuff you messed up in the process.
>>
>>51053992
>>51054078
Please note the timestamp.
https://youtu.be/I0JWV0Uzp6Y?t=19m18s
>>
Depends on how powerful the horse is.

Usually horse HP doesn't matter though, since at around half is usually when they draw out a sword and start fighting back.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.