[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, been playing DD:DA, and now I want to make a campaign centered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: DAIMONSC9.jpg (283KB, 832x393px) Image search: [Google]
DAIMONSC9.jpg
283KB, 832x393px
So, been playing DD:DA, and now I want to make a campaign centered almost entirely around exploring a dungeon that feels both alive and cursed. I'm honestly liable to rip off more than a little of DD for this effort, but I'm looking for a good story hook to set the whole thing up. I want my players to explore the dungeon, of course, but I also want the dungeon to feel honestly dangerous, cursed, and generally not a place to be.

I also kind of want a reason to explore beyond "Your wishes will come true" or some variant of that.

Regret the folly of ascribing meaning to the void!
>>
My first thought, and issue, is that I don't want the dungeon to appear cursed, at least at first. I'm looking for an almost silent hill style atmosphere in that the dungeon itself should feel like the enemy, more than any monster or enemy.

I don't want to start off with that, though, laying it on too strong too early. Indeed, I imagined the first couple of sessions being explorations into the dungeon, getting their bearings before they return to safety.

eventually though, there isn't going to be a way out, and what were once mapped routes are going to become strange hallways and darkened rooms. At that point they're trapped, and I get to have fun with it, but the key is getting there without being too obvious or too heavy handed.

Which leaves me with the problem of the initial plunges. As I said, I don't want to go with the cliche of some treasure waiting at the end, so I'm looking for something else. One thing I did consider is having the dungeon either be discovered or somehow appear, and then having the characters be part of one of many hired groups sent to investigate. This can give me some NPCs to work with, of course, and to sacrifice(or otherwise use) as things get more sinister.
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 600x620px
>>51049975
First you need to make sure all is riven, especially kith and kin, the cause of this is of course a never ending riddle. Now make sure that their flesh is worn, heart betorn, mind by memory begyved. Then have them cold and immane, now wither their mother, their flame.
Oh how they shall see the Dragon's Dogma.
Pull some dude with a beard and brand from the sand. Done
>>
>>51050289
>>51049975
And bam, don't forget to have the echoes of long dead heroes screaming for them to turn back and the cruel ironic twist that even the monster sworn to fight the Dragon's Dogma is not only subject to it, but a part of it's inner workings.
>>
File: Not All.jpg (54KB, 971x403px) Image search: [Google]
Not All.jpg
54KB, 971x403px
>>51050289
And do not for get the masterworks.
>>
>>51049975
>>51050082
I did the exact same thing OP, you can copy me if you want.

My players were pirates who were sailing across the ocean between continents before a vortex in the water swallowed them and their ship up. They awoke to find themselves in a giant cavern surrounded by their wrecked ship and a curious doorway leading down an obviously man made hall.

The initial part was just them exploring the relatively empty but eerie first floor. After they picked up some clues about the nature of the place they met a spirit that has gone insane. In it's ramblings they're given enough information to piece together that this dungeon is fucking bad news and they need to get out asap. Unfortunately for them, they don't know where the exit is or if it even has one.

That was all it took to get them moving and fearing the dungeon at the same time. Eventually after they got through some tough encounters with both monsters and puzzles the real plot started after they met another spirit (a reoccurring thing like in the game) that tells them about how the dungeon itself does not exist within the real world and all of this is taking place inside the mind of a dead god seeking to be revived. The way out? Find the remaining piece of the gods soul at the bottom of the dungeon and destroy it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.