[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the last truly terrifying situation your party found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: werewolf_114463-1280x720.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
werewolf_114463-1280x720.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
What was the last truly terrifying situation your party found themselves in? Was the atmosphere right? How did the DM handle the horror elements and, most importantly, how did your party survive/die?
>>
Started CoC anew with my mates. We`d played just a couple of games few years ago. Made new characters and all forthis time.

>DM gives the intro and off we go to investigate murders and arsons that are being blamed on indians living in the near by reservate
>After talking to the police and visiting the morgue we head to one of the burnt houses.
>There is an entire herd of mutilated livestock
>After searching (a lot) we find tracks
>DM gives a note that has a drawing of a track that looks to me like it belongs to a bear
>We`ve spent most of daylight in our activities thus far so I decide to make a torch (which I fumled after pushinng by the way, though DM let us have it)
>then we proceeded to follow the tracks into forest
>It gets dark and we keep going
>Then the tracks just stop suddenly and as we look around there are trees everywhere that have been scraped by something with huge claws
>Then the DM gives me a spot hidden roll
>I fail
>He tells that I cant find anything weird except the markings
>He does say though that it feels like there is something watching us, something that feels in the back of the head

I actually felt a bit creeped at that point. DM handled the mood and describing of situation quite nice. I`d have to continue to get to survive bit
>>
>>51043449
Do go on
>>
We played a Kult one-shot and one of the party members literally had us take a bus ride to Hell, then attracted the attention of flesh-eating beasts by shooting wildly in the air once in Hell. He got eaten alive.

The other party member was disemboweled and tortured by a Hell goon, one of the antagonists that we were looking for.

I accidentally got a fatal injury by falling while getting out of the bus (thanks, Kult), and bled out after getting lost in Hell.
>>
File: large.jpg (210KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
210KB, 497x750px
>>51042297
CoC end for a lot of tropical types who accidentally woke up the remnants of Azathoth's now-undead dream. Game left them all a little haunted.
>>
>>51042297
We met a roper, and it immediately killed one of us due to crit, chunky salsa rule and all. Then he killed another one and almost killed the third one, and we could barely scratch it on our level. THAT was terrifying, especially since he appeared out of nowhere and there was no effective way to fight him.
>>
>>51043449
>>51043540
Alrighty then
>We hear a scream from behind
>One of us had stayed behind
>We decide to GTFO back to the farm house
>DM tells there is something glowing through the woods
>Apparantly I had started a fire while making a torch and it was spreading fast
> me and we`ll call him wolf run through the flames both fail our CON rolls and lose some health
>Third guy, bro ran around and almost got himself killed since he had difficulties finding the rest of the party before the fire spread
>We jump to our car and go to a motel to sleep
>The next day the chief of police comes to us and tells there has been sighting of campfires in the swamp and sounds of indian drum
>He doesn`t have time to worry our last nights adventures because he is planning a raid on the swamp.
>We agree to join the group before the police leave in the evening
>We go to the reservate to ask the local tribe elder if he can tell anything about the murders or the tracks in forest
>Main reason why the indians are blamed is that after the 4th murder one farmer shot an indian from his porch trying to sneak in
>tribe elder says he konws nothing about the tracks but agter good persuasion tells that the shot indian is not one of theirs
>He says that they have seen similar fellows near their own borders
>During the late 17 hundreds when the brits were taking land by force 3000 mohawk warriors dissappeared according to legend
>He suggest that maybe the murderer is one of them
>He calls the place in the forest the Furnace
>Place where worlds collide and borders are thin

I don`t have this typed in so bear with me
>>
>>51042297
One I held a drink.

A large glass of water.

There was no coaster.
>>
>>51044077
>We het back to town and join the raid
>Once we get to the swamp we are told to stay back and let the authorities handle things
>We get to the campfire guns drawn
>There is a single indian playing drum and speaking something incomprehensible
>Then he gets up and the drum keeps playing
>Two other drums around the fire join in none of which has a player
>The indian walks to the campfire still speaking gibberish when two tall dark figures appear around the fire
>the chief shout "freeze"
>Sadly my war veteran can`t make his SAN roll
>Panicks at the sight of gthe creatures and shoots one of them
>This makes the police open fire
>The creatures don`t care they just start ripping the police literally apart
>Mean while the indian says few more words and vanishes in a big flash
>>
>>51044307
>Run away again
>Once safe our guide with indian heritage says he understood apart of what the huy by the fire said
>Something about thin veil and all
>Says there could be a way to go after him
>takes a pipe and some opium from his pocket
>Whole party starts feeling distrustful but since there seems to be no other way we go for it
>After the stuff kicks in we notice that a dark mist surrounds us
>Immediatly everyone rolls SAN half of us lose a few point the other half goes deeper
> Wolf is no longer randomly sipping rum
>He turns full alcoholic
Can`t remember what the other guy suffered
>Our guide just starts screaming and runs to the mist
>we go after
>All vegetation we can see seems to be dead
>We find him after a while amidst a battlefield full of redcoats and indian who`ve died just a while a go
>now our guide comfesses that the tribe actuslly knows what is going on
>Those 3000 warriors have been stuck here in this dark place without time fighting the brits
>The only way to stop them from getting through is to kill the shaman who vanished
>>
>>51044592
>The guide seems to be able to navigate this place where nothing seems to make sense so we let him lead the way
>Then something starts moving towards us
>Some sort of huge cat with six feet
>I ain`t havin` this and start shooting it
>We manage to dodge it well enough that it can`t tear us to shreds
>finally it runs to the dark
At this point we were getting a little tense
>We keep moving a.d finally a light starts shining in the distance
>we`ve walked a while amongst dead trees and now there is a clearing
>In the middle of it there is a fire and some sort of altar next to it but no one is around
>Our fourth man (a corsican smuggler) towards it
>Suddenly he dissapears and soon after we hear him screm
>I run after him only to discover that he`s been hit with a tomahawk to the shoulder and standing next to him is the missing indian
>I empty my .45 towards him but miss him only to get wounded seriously
>he turns back to the corsican and hacks away
> Now there are two of dying
>Luckily bro and wolf undertand to get in (there was some sort of barrier that prevented seeing people in the clearing)
>they beat the indian to a pulp but only after bro has been grazed
> neither of them can stabilaze us, but luckily the guide intervenes and stops me from dying
>The corsican bled out at the same time
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.