[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

End of the World any good? I'm looking to run a game based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 517URlrVW-L._SY450_.jpg (33KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
517URlrVW-L._SY450_.jpg
33KB, 350x450px
End of the World any good? I'm looking to run a game based on The Walking Dead.
>>
It's pretty good, reminds me of a PBTA game.
I would also recommend apocalypse world for a walking dead type campaign
>>
It's fun because the PC's are supposed to be the real life players. Chargen is communal in that the group helps decide eachothers attributes and keep it realistic. Also, it recommends that the GM get killed off in a spectacular way within the first couple of minutes.
>>
>>51039738
Is there an option for the players not to be themselves?
>>
File: 1483231696426.jpg (382KB, 725x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483231696426.jpg
382KB, 725x900px
>>
>>51039211
Rules are good, the concept (players playing themselves IRL) is pretty fun if you do it right. Or it could destroy your friendship during character creation when you object to one player wanting to be physically fit/attractive when they're an unfit nerd. I actually played a zombie game with my friends. I homebrewed up my own scenario where all the dead, inncluding animals and the people who'd been dead for decades, came back. Also the zombies didn't die when their heads were damaged or removed, which surprised the hell out of my players and made the zombies way more threatening. Only one player survived, and that was because a) he's a /fit/izen IRL, b) he's a lazy nurse who keeps leftovers from work in his car, and c) he has several guns and knows where a friend of his keeps most of an armory's worth of guns too. Everyone else got run down or trapped by zombies.

A big part of the fun was looking up all the graveyards near the town where I lived and figuring out where the zombies would go. During the session itself, we actually stopped play and went outside to check to see if one of our car's tinted windows would hide you from zombies if you lay down in the seat. It was super fun.

The only real drawback is the scenarios the books give you to play. Most are pretty shit. I got the zombie and eldritch books. Even in the zombie book, zombies were only the bad guys in about half the scenarios. The rest of the time it was the government who went full fascist after society collapsed. It's even worse in the eldritch book where you deal with human servants of the great ones almost entirely, and rarely see any cool monsters. It's the reason I homebrewed my scenario in the first place.
>>
First I've heard of this series. Besides Zombies and Eldritch are there others?
>>
>>51043149
Yes. There are four in the series:
- Zombie Apocalypse
- Wrath of the Gods
- Alien Invasion
- Revolt of the Machines
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.