[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I convince someone to play Magic again? They are an experienced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 78097809780978097890.jpg (96KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
78097809780978097890.jpg
96KB, 768x432px
How do I convince someone to play Magic again? They are an experienced player (they don't play competitive, but played for a few years) who I assume quit because he kept losing games to people.
>>
>>51022000

The first thing you do is you ask him why he quit instead of making stupid assumptions.
>>
>>51022000
Show him/her cards from tge current sets. The knowledge that I could kill people with trains got me back in.
>>
You don't. I say this as a person who has quit the game after playing since 1993.
>>
>>51022000
You don't, Magic is shit and the people who like it are retarded.
>>
>>51022000
The issue for me and all other former Magic players I know of is value for money. Whether you're building a tournament deck or just paying for a night of Limited, the ratio of dollars spent to fun had is just inexcusably low.
>>
>>51022000
Why would you drag a free man back to his durance?
>>
>>51022000
By buying all the cards for them, so they don't have to waste their own money.
>>
File: Durance.png (179KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Durance.png
179KB, 600x337px
>>51022114
>>
>>51022000
You don't. The SJWs will destroy this game
>>
Take up a game you can both enjoy, and save money into the bargain.
>>
>>51022000
Magic is running on inertia at this point, and it is fucking up the table top CCG market.

The mechanics were really good... 24 years ago. When there was litterally no other CCGs to compare it to. Now we have an explosion of card games to compare MtG to, and the mechanics creak. You can play all kinds of card games for free online with better mechanics. What you can't do is play them on tabletop because MtG just won't die like a fat man in a retirement home.

Your freind did the right thing. Do the same. Play other things, let other game designer's work florish. Play games with intresting mechanics.
>>
>>51025540
>for free online
Like Hearthstone. I love the Random mechanics, totally doable on a tabletop! And that one digital game with the three-sided cards!

Oh wait, those are just video games with shitty, shitty UIs
>>
>>51025646
Yep, those specific games are shitty and unable to be removed from an online serting. Hearthstone is like magic. It made a game type popular, but has kinda shitty mechanics. Now it won't just die and leave good games room to grow.

Good online games are like infinity wars, spellweaver, and Feriea. Games that use the computre based format well and have really intresting mechanics.

Honestly I just wish either the starwars LCG was more balanced, netrunner was less luck based and more numbers focused, or duel masters was less weebshit.
>>
>>51025783
Then they can be the good video games you claim them to be.

They just can't be real card games.
>>
>>51025855
Most of them would be slightly ackward on a real board... but not imposible. Hell IW would mostly need a screen between the players. SW would require some tokens. Largely the online format just makes matchmaking easire, automatically makes judge calls, time consuming shuffling, and removes fiddly game components. Hell SW would probably take less shuffling than magic eternal formats.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.