[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The lawful good kingdom you're fighting to defend may

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: p1a40m0lvh188b17hutu6126hgfd1.jpg (30KB, 550x373px) Image search: [Google]
p1a40m0lvh188b17hutu6126hgfd1.jpg
30KB, 550x373px
>The lawful good kingdom you're fighting to defend may not be all that lawful good...
>>
>>51009845
Good.
>>
>>51009845
Time for a coup!
>>
>>51009845
So long as it's not Chaotic or Evil we shouldn't have too much of a problem.
>>
>>51009845
Yeah, I know that. It's lawful neutral at best and lawful evil when my DM gets particularily edgy. They wanted me hanged for saving the world, for Christ's take.
>>
>>51009845
Fighting to defend? You fool, you've mistaken my campaign of conquest.
>>
>>51009908
>They wanted me hanged for saving the world, for Christ's take.
Storytime?
>>
>>51009845

Yeah, the book was still a piece of crap.
>>
States are good like people are good.
Everyone needs to survive and will make adjustments to survive.
It's easy to be a martyr when you aren't also sacrificing thousands or millions of people.
>>
File: 1475641807868.jpg (29KB, 147x292px) Image search: [Google]
1475641807868.jpg
29KB, 147x292px
>>51009845
They roused the party.

A Cleric, 2 Paladins and a Monk/Sorcerer hybrid party.

The Judgment will not stop, it will come for them. It knows no boundary, it respects no crown and it will not ever stop.
>>
File: 1475182051091.jpg (309KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475182051091.jpg
309KB, 707x1000px
>>51009996
Long story short, we went to a forest to complete a quest. Along the way, we found a cleric NPC, who was a very famous foreign war hero, who joined us on the adventure. In the end we accidentally found an eldritch horror sealed beneath a tree, who could devour the whole world, if he was fully released from his prison. He fought with him and the baddies, who wanted to release him, but in the proccess shit happened.
The fight was so tough, we lost nearly our entire party including that war hero. So when we (or rather what was left of us) returned to the town, we were met by a duke and his council.
> "We were told that you've accepted a quest from a foreign spy, whom we just hanged."
> "We didn't know that he's a spy, but we knew that he's a shady asshole. Which is why we came to you first things first, as you're the lawful ruler and can be trusted with this relic we've found."
> "Relic? What relic? From where you've come from?"
So, the paladin tells them the whole story - how we went to the forest, how we fought the bad guys, how we met the hero, how we fought a god, how we lost our group.
> "You... Fought a god. In our forest. Yes, a likely story to cover up your connection with a foreign spy. And what was that name you've mentioned? Isn't he a famous war hero from a nation that we really don't want to mess with? Yes, he is!"
> "Yes, he died heroically, and we would never make it if not for his..."
> "Yes, yes, even if your story is true - which it isn't - imagine how it will look to the king, and to our neighbours. A famous war hero last seen in some woods with a gang of ruffians and then dies."
> "Are you saying we killed him?"
> "Maybe. But they'll say it for sure. They'll see this as a diplomatic insult, they'll want blood and maybe even invade our lands. We need to deal with you."
>>
You mean the good guys AREN'T REALLY THE GOOD GUYS? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW what a fucking twist!
>>
File: The end.jpg (126KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The end.jpg
126KB, 1024x1024px
>>51010448

So, they decided to hang us in order to avoid a diplomatic incident. However, our execution was averted due to council considering ramifications of our deaths.
1) We freed some slaves from orcs, who were from this place. They know about our heroism, and so do their families, and friends, and neighbours.
2) Our paladin was an acolyte from a holy order, whose hanging would be also bad for PR.
3) The duke's personnal seer scried the forest and found out that the tree we talked about actually exists, so he believed at least a part of our story and convinced the duke in it.
4) The relic we brought back turned out to be marginally important.

So, in the matter of literally minutes, the duke went from "It would be more convenient to hang them, no matter the truth" to "It would be more convenient to declare them heroes and recruit as our agents, no matter the truth".
The ranger didn't want to stay and serve anyway, but after such spectacular show of dickery he bailed even faster, the paladin begrudgingly remained because oaths > common sense and pride.
>>
File: memesical.jpg (896KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
memesical.jpg
896KB, 1200x628px
>The kingdom you're fighting to establish is lawful neutral at best. Also, everyone is black.
>>
>>51009845

This is why, when I play, I always do my best to steer the party away from any moral ambiguity.

Look, I like being a stormtrooper. I like cleansing and purging. I want to be the hammer that comes down on subhumans and heretics and the unclean. Don't ruin this for me, you fucks.
>>
>>51009845
Well, as long as it remains at least 5% above the Neutral/Good line and less than 30% left of Lawful, we keep receiving the benefits of the Noblebright Act, which rewards our nation with bountiful crops, shining knights, and beautiful princesses for the protecting.
Lowering adventurer importation might help.
Have you never taken Fantasy Ethicnomic classes?
>>
File: this pleases lemmy.jpg (18KB, 368x208px) Image search: [Google]
this pleases lemmy.jpg
18KB, 368x208px
>>51010727
>Lowering adventurer importation might help.
non
we need to stop the flow of these damn murderhobos
crime is up too damn high since the vizer convinced the king to allow questing.
I say burn the taverns and deport them all.
>>
>>51010544
This whole story seems vaguely familiar.
>>
>>51009845
So cast greater fly and make a change to your alignment. Problem solved
>>
>>51009845
>The lawful good kingdom you're fighting to defend may not be all that lawful good...

Well they're locking up Animals on the basis that they're just animals and actively working to create a human-only world. I mean shit it might not be too long before they start exterminating the Munchkinlanders.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.