[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a hopeless war be fun for players? Is an alien invasion with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: war_zone_by_hideyoshi.jpg (245KB, 1250x784px) Image search: [Google]
war_zone_by_hideyoshi.jpg
245KB, 1250x784px
Can a hopeless war be fun for players?
Is an alien invasion with human(like) aliens lazy?
>>
>Can a hopeless war be fun for players?

Yes.

>Is an alien invasion with human(like) aliens lazy?

Only if you make it that way. Don't worry about making things unique make them good.
>>
>>51008343
>Can a hopeless war be fun for players?

Yes if they aren't immature twats.

> Is an alien invasion with human(like) aliens lazy?

A bit, but who gives a fuck?
>>
As long as the players are aware of what they're getting into then yes, absolutely.

>Is an alien invasion with human(like) aliens lazy?
Maybe, depends how you roll with it. If they're just Humans but Green/grey/blue then yes.
>>
>>51008343
It sort of depends, I think.

If you mean hopeless as in "No chance of winning, no chance to do well, no real chance to damage control, everything's just terrible and you can't really do anything to change that" then I'm personally not much of a fan. That isn't to say that I require a happy ending, or even the ability to win the war, I'd just want to feel like I have a chance to matter. Maybe I won't have a chance to win the war, but we can win a few battles, right? Otherwise there just doesn't feel like there's any point to me fighting, we're just going to die anyway.

Adopt the rougelike mentality. Sure, eventually you're going to die and everything will go to shit, but you can still have goals and aspirations. Your Dorfs are all going to die and your fortress collapse, but you still have little victories underway.

Then again, a lot of in comes down to your particular group and their interests.
>>
>>51008343

You mean like the canonical end to XCOM? Sure, like >>51008853 says, be sure to let them win battles every now and again, and have actions matter.

Maybe, if they do well enough, have the ayys come to a negotiating table and make some minor concessions.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.