[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was writing up a plague for my next campaign and in my research

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (117KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
117KB, 640x1136px
So I was writing up a plague for my next campaign and in my research one of the interesting side-effects I discovered about the Spanish flu is that young fit and healthy people who contracted the disease were actually more likely to die then the very young or elderly. The virus would cytokine storm (overreaction of the body's immune system).

Would it be in interesting include it game? Or would it just come across as a massive fuck you to the player with the highest Con?
>>
>>50983999
unlike the picture in the op that sounds pretty fun

god wick is such a fucking faggot

it needs to turn back round at some point at low levels it hurts higher con characters more but past a certain point you start getting more resistant to it again
>>
I like this Idea. Maybe make a poison that has advantage and double effects on those who are resistant or immune to poisons.
>>
>>50984028
As long as you're not the type of GM who only has the anti-anti-poison and no normal poisons for the players to counter. That'd be a dick move, solely punishing a player for having a resistance and never benefiting.

Might even be a returning villain alchemist, foiled by earlier attempts at poison so she created a counter.
>>
>>50984027
>God wick is such a faggot

To be fair if you look at his latest stuff he really tuned that shit down.

He was probably in a dark place when he wrote, maybe someone run over his dog or something

>>50984027
>>50984050
>As long as you're not the type of GM who only has the anti-anti-poison and no normal poisons for the players to counter. That'd be a dick move, solely punishing a player for having a resistance and never benefiting.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

>Might even be a returning villain alchemist, foiled by earlier attempts at poison so she created a counter.

Yeah interesting set up there.
>>
>>50984162
>I'm not sure what you mean by this.
If a player has poison resistance and the ONLY poison you use on them is more powerful it might piss them off.

Folks don't like getting screwed over for picking beneficial traits.

Imagine:
>Player: I pick this ability that gives me resistance to mind control

>GM: The mind controller is prepared and your ability makes it EASIER for him to mind control you since he's turning your own willpower against you!
>Also, he's the only mind controller in the game. Too bad, you wasted an ability point.

Wouldn't that suck?

But if you're just using Con then the point might be irrelevant.
>>
>>50984225
Yeah that would suck massive balls.

I was thinking of having it so your con bonus is inverted (so plus 3 becomes a negative 3).

Seems the most generalised approach, anything more specific would probably come across as intentional attack and the guy who picked it.
>>
>>50984162
>Maybe someone run over his dog or something

I heard the Russian mob beat it to death and stole his car. And his wife died of cancer.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.