[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 34

File: pte.jpg (29KB, 231x319px) Image search: [Google]
pte.jpg
29KB, 231x319px
--$.$.$-- COMPETITIVE MODERN GENERAL --$.$.$--

This is the Modern thread, didn't see one up. No meme decks, no custom cards, no pricing discussion, just great discussion about the best Magic format.

>What deck do you want to build for 2017?
>>
I wanna make Heart of Kiran work in Modern. What are some key cards to realize that?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-01-12-28-59~2.jpg (602KB, 1397x1306px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-01-12-28-59~2.jpg
602KB, 1397x1306px
>>50972027
Why would I build a different deck? I have the perfect deck built.

Just going to get better with kaladesh.
>>
Just built Eldrazi and Taxes, am I in for a fun time?

It's my first modern deck, standard has finally forced me out of the format after two solid years of bad releases
>>
>>50972358
Bant Eldrazi is about 1000x better. But Eldrazi and taxes is fine. It seems like an incredibly braindead deck that might get boring quickly, but if you like it good on you. Did you playtest other decks before you chose this one?
>>
>>50972397
I think you mean bant eldrazi is the braindead one
>>
>>50972412
They're both braindead, but one is actually good and braindead.
>>
What are the chances of stone forge getting unbanned? I'm thinking of picking up a playset while they're cheap.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1528px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1528px
Threw Grixis Delver back together and god damn this deck is fun

I honestly forgot why I even moved onto Grixis Control in the first place

What's everybody rolling with right now for the current meta, any super secret tech out there?
>>
Why shouldn't I just play Legacy?
>>
>>50972992

It's a dying format that will never recover unless Wizards finally excludes reserved list cards from it
>>
>>50972992
Eldrazi is cheap, but people will hate you. Delver is probably the best deck and looks like the most fun (in my personal opinion), but is pretty darn expensive. What type of deck are you looking for?
>>
>>50972992
>>50973164
I read that as what should i play in legacy. My bad.
>>
>>50972172
tibalt
>>
>>50972992
The real question is why shouldn't everyone just play Frontier, it's already better than modern ever was.
>>
>>50973214
>The real question is why shouldn't everyone just play Frontier
Because we've already played through Khans of Tarkir standard once and we don't want to do it again.
>>
>>50973214
4 Colored Decks: The Format is not any fun dude
>>
>>50973214
Here is your (you).

I'd rather play against infect than siege rhino + collected company midrange hell.
>>
>>50973214
>The real question is why shouldn't everyone just play Frontier
Once it gets it's head out of it's ass with a banlist it has potential, fetches need to be at the top of the list since there's nothing to hate all the super greedy manabases. Everything is just 4 colored goodstuff the format and that's boring as fuck.
>>
>>50972181
>Perfect
>Dies to burn and stony silence
>>
>>50973338
I get that your instinct is to write me off as a troll so you can keep what little confidence you have in your chosen format, but buddy your days are numbered. Modern has proven to be a huge source of grievance for WOTC and they obviously no longer want to push it as a premier format.

Standard has not existed as the sole competitive since basically its creation as type 2. Old extended ( the multiple year one), regular extended (double standard), and modern have all come and gone as the Standard compliment. Soon, very soon, Frontier will get its chance and I would bet good money it will be more successful than modern was. Mostly because of the NWO changes and the fact it won't be burdened by huge mistakes like affinity, dredge, tarmogoyf, and powerful combo finishers(scapeshift, goryo's vengeance etc.).
>>
>>50973433
>implying modern is the only format I play

I play modern, EDH and legacy actually.

For now frontier is going to be basically the khans standard which was pretty boring and since wizards keeps pushing midrange I doubt much will change. Not that modern is in a better state right now, but I prefer a fast format to a slugfest where everyone casts collected company to be honest.
>>
>>50973433
>it won't be burdened by huge mistakes like affinity, dredge, tarmogoyf, and powerful combo finishers
Delve, fetchlands, dual lands, Siege Rhino, Company.
>>
>>50973761
>delve
Perfectly fine without one mana cantrips like Gitaxian probe, serum visions and other powerful one mana spells like thoughtseize, path, and lightning bolt.

>fetchlands
Also fine without good duals. Tango lands are no where near shock land power level.

>siege rhino, company
Good cards that will see play but four mana value spells are not a problem when red decks present lethal before they matter.
>>
File: Elemental Ascendancy.png (427KB, 1872x987px) Image search: [Google]
Elemental Ascendancy.png
427KB, 1872x987px
>>50973433
>it won't be burdened by huge mistakes like affinity, dredge, tarmogoyf, and powerful combo finishers(scapeshift, goryo's vengeance etc.).
you can still play combo. it's fun.
>>
File: elemental ascendancy 2017.png (927KB, 1944x1458px) Image search: [Google]
elemental ascendancy 2017.png
927KB, 1944x1458px
>>50974007
thats an older build. wall of resurgence is better than 3 dispel 1 tormenting voice.
>>
>>50972172
I dunno, Naya zoo with it? A fully active Wild Nacatl will crew it. Tibalt is an option , too.

But I would go for cheap zoo- like creatures that are good enough on their own, but can also crew stuff like HoK or looted scooter.
>>
>>50973362
I haven't lost to burn in months broseph. Stony Silence eats a nice abrupt Decay.
>>
>>50974103
The huge problem with Heart of Kiran is why the fuck aren't you just swinging with your 3 power of creatures and playing other cards instead?
>>
File: 60801411.jpg (81KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
60801411.jpg
81KB, 400x400px
>Competitive Modern

Seriously though, point me to the uncompetitive modern.
>>
>>50974273

I mean the fact that it's 4/4 flying for 2 is kind of nice. I doubt it will see much play tho.

Maybe t1 nacatl into t2 heart and then turn 3 swing for 4? but then again you could just play zooicide and swing for lethal by turn 3/4.
>>
>have naya burn and dredge built
>don't know what to build next
I've tried Bant Spirits, Jund, Abzan, Infect, Grixis/Jeskai Control, Delver and some meme decks but I want a deck that's not aggro and I can't seem to find one. You guys have any suggestions?
>>
>>50974528
G/W tron, G/R Tron, valakut, jeskai nahiri control, lantern control?
>>
>>50974518
>it's 4/4 flying for 2
No, it's a 1/4 flier for 2 because you aren't swinging with the 3 power. Copter is a 2/3 flier for 2 with an upside; there's a big difference.
>>
>>50974528
Affinity or eternal command
>>
>>50974633
I guess if you put it that way it's kind of mediocre.
>>
>>50974615
I should have specified I don't like tron and I've tried Nahiri. Valakut and Lantern don't seem like they're up my alley at all. I should mention that I'm not particularly fond of combo.
>>
>>50973836
>Frontier
>RDW killing on turn 3
>Not getting utterly crushed by Rhino
Kek
>>
>>50974720
No, you did mention that you tried nahiri I just overread that part, my bad.

Well, what exactly would you enjoy? There really isn't a lot you can try anymore, what about U/B faerie control?
>>
>>50973836
>Delve is fine because we can't play anything good for four turns!
Lmao
Can't make this shit up
>>
>shock with scry 2

would anyone play it?
>>
>>50974528
BW tokens?
>>
>>50974962
so wait

R - deal 2 damage to target creature or player, scry 2

i feel like you're not seriously asking if anyone would play this card in every deck that can fit red mana into it
>>
>>50974962
Magma jet? It's decent
>>
>>50974962
That already kind of exist in magma jet and it does not see play at all, maybe if it were one mana cheaper it would but eh. Lightning bolt is just the best.

Wizards doesn't want to print good burn spells anymore anyways so it will likely stay the best.
>>
>>50974782
Well some things I liked about the decks I tried were snapcaster loops with kcommand and eternal witness loops in eternal command. I also like some amount of hand disruption, but not full 8rack style rape your hand and I when I'm not playing aggro I like grindy attrition games.
>>
>>50975023
Why not keep playing jund then? or grixis delver? I mean you could try sultai delver also.
>>
>>50975023
What killed Eternal Command was Abrupt Decay.
>>
File: 53193bef6424d.jpg (179KB, 1200x1176px) Image search: [Google]
53193bef6424d.jpg
179KB, 1200x1176px
>>50973433
This post cracks me up. People are already warping your 'combofree' format with Aetherworks Marvel - the card that single-handedley ruined Standard.
>>
>>50974528
recently built esper tezz control. I've had limited testing with it in my very small local meta, but it seems legit.
>>
>>50972027
>>50972027

>No meme decks

Just try and stop me

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blue-iso/

R8/h8, pls no b8
>>
>>50974019
dtt..... i have some bad news for you
>>
>>50972027
>>What deck do you want to build for 2017?
Going to throw some kind of Esper deck together while also building a R/G CoCo aggro deck on the side for fun
>>
>>50972027
I want to make altar of Saheeli real and not just a ganky combo deck.
More realistically I'll probably build some kind of UR tempo deck like delver.
>>
What's the problem with Elves? I thought it was a really good aggro deck. Did the rise of Dredge just render it strictly worse, or was it never competitive? I'm building monogreen elves and upon looking at mtgtop8, Elves is barely on the charts.
Did I miss a memo, or was Elves always just a meme deck for shitty tribal players like myself?
>>
File: received_1365605983479899.jpg (164KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_1365605983479899.jpg
164KB, 2048x2048px
Literally how does this deck lose?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jund-delver-4/

Answers for everything and efficient threats.
>>
>>50975796
>I want to make altar of Saheeli real and not just a ganky combo deck
The problem is you need Saheeli and 2 other cards. The REAL Saheeli combo involves 2 Saheelis in the yard and playing a Sun Titan. Congratulations, you have infinite Sun Titans with haste.
>>
>>50975629
its a frontier list, friendo. if you bothered to follow the quoted posts you'd have some context.
>>
>>50975921
It loses because 1) aggro decks love it when people Bolt themselves 3 turns running, 2) half of your deck doesn't flip a Delver, and 3) you aren't running Lilly.
>>
>>50975023
im not memeing here but mono green devotion is crazy fun, you can loop cocos and primal commands like crazy, heres my decklist if you wanna look at it
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-12-16-mono-green-devotion/

ive beaten decks like, sultai, jeskai flash, affinity, lantern, bant spirits, bant eldrazi, death and taxes and mono red burn
>>
>>50975921
With that mana base you can just replace serum visions with liliana and delver with deaths shadow and play something like suicide jund. :^)
>>
>>50972027
Any chance to see unburial gifts deck viable in 2017?
>>
>>50976148
>half your deck doesn't flip delver
30 instants/sorceries is insane dude. Do you even know how delver decks function?
>>
>>50976357
How? It isn't missing anything. It's just not a good Skelton. What card could be printed that would help the deck?
>>
>>50976360
>Do you even know how delver decks function?
Yeah they generally leverage the efficiency of their threats with cheap permission like Spell Pierce and Mana Leak, then use Lightning Bolt + Snapcaster Mage to give them the reach to finish the game off. Legacy versions have a much easier time flipping Delver and can run Wasteland to hamper their opponent's efforts even harder.

However, what you've done is mix too many sorcery speed spells into the deck, vastly reducing the options you can play at any one time, and you've also gutted the permission side of the deck, making it almost impossible to actually protect your threats.

So don't fucking ask me if I know how Delver works. "Muh Delver deck" isn't as simple as jamming 30+ instants or sorceries into a deck you ignorant fuck.
>>
File: received_1662798420412268.jpg (35KB, 640x605px) Image search: [Google]
received_1662798420412268.jpg
35KB, 640x605px
>>50976462
You've been rused. :^)
But seriously, do you think you're some kind of expert? Lol. I bet you show up to fnm like you're a pro because you top 8ed game day. I want to ask you a legitimate question. Do you actually think you're a good magic player? Because dude. If you do, I feel sorry lol.
>>
>>50976561
Haha lol oh fuck you got me good, my man!
>>
>>50976594
>won't answer the question.
Afraid to bruise the ego my man?
That's fine. facing reality is hard.
>>
>>50976360
>12 creatures
>18 lands
>30 instants
is the classic Canadian Thresh layout

Grixis runs fewer Instants to make room for DRS, though.
>>
>>50976192
I really like this deck, played vs a list that seemed really tight and it blew my mind

Had wandering satyr and garruk and I think another sprawl-type card

had a primal command loop on turn 3, shit is scary
>>
>>50976768
ive locked opponents out for 4 turns in terms of drawing
> i hope you like drawing that shockland for the next 4 turns while i develop a stupid board state,
also turn 2 CoCo
also the deck you played against might have been tooth and nail. built that too
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-08-16-EhT-tooth-and-nail/
>>
>>50972946
i like swerve as tech against blue decks and the odd turns or stone rain deck, maybe even burn. i suppose countersquall is usually better but doesn't hit abrupt decay/counterflux and can't get the sweet 2 for 1
>>
I want to build Bogles.

On a scale of 1 to cancer how bad am I?
>>
>>50977108
Just build the deck you want to build.
Don't care about being cancerous, half of the decks in modern are cancer to most people anyway.
>>
>>50977108
Who cares, build what you think is fun.
>>
So do you think wizards gives enough of a shit to ban/unban something or
.?

I'd just like to see no ban list modern for maybe one tournament. See what people come up with and stuff.
>>
>>50977235

people run no ban list Modern tournaments all the time

the results are basically irrelevant though, you need a full and prolonged meta with pros to actually see what a format looks like
>>
>>50977235
mox boarding house runs them pretty much monthly now
>>
>>50977267
>>50977278
Ah, I did not know that, thanks.
>>
>>50974103
>>50973179

How the fuck is Tibalt an option? Please explain to me in what way Tibalt works better than any 3 mana planeswalker?
>>
>>50976903
I don't think it had tooth and nail in it, but aside from t&n (and the emrakul to cheese with it) it's all very similar.

It was very similar to your list, almost identical, but I don't recall seeing burningtrees, so its possible he swapped them with wandering satyrs and just slotted in a couple garruk somewhere (maybe he trimmed down some coco and selkie)
He didnt have overgrowth though, it was a 2cmc copy but I'm guessing he just ran it as sprawl #5 (1 oath, 4 sprawl 1othersprawl?)
I wish I had seen his full decklist, but it was essentially what you're playing.
>>
>>50976673
Not even him but damn you sound mad as fuck
>>
>>50973228
It will have an ever growing card pool...
>>
>>50977707
and Khans of Tarkir is disproportionately powerful compared to the other sets in the block. Khans block doesn't fucking fit in with the rest of m15 onward.
>>
File: 52.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>50977496
that enchant was probably this card
garruk could definitly have a spot in this deck im just not sure how to tweak the list and such
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (405KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
405KB, 1242x2208px
What level are you guys on?
>>
>>50978257
The one where my mother doesn't get ret-con'd to be a sand nigger for political correctness.
>>
I run U/R prowess deck with x4 Mutagenic Growth.

Is it worth to get atleast one stomping ground in case of more grindier matchups or if i meet burn deck?
>>
>>50979226
Just play jeskai aggro instead, less of a glass cannon deck and you get to play snap helix
>>
>>50976192
I prefer the silly turn 3 memetastic MGD. Like this:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-11-16-monogreen-devotion/
>>
>>50973433
I wish PR had nothing to do with Modern. Because I don't want a world where implementing Frontier is the solution to the problems in Modern even though as you've said, it is the most rational decision to make for all parties involved with minimal damage to the parties involved.

In my ideal world, we would carpet bomb Modern of all the "troublesome" cards and decks. If you want to preserve the monsters in Modern like Affinity and Dredge and Tarmogoyf you can go play Legacy (and we would fucking fix Legacy by making the Reserve List cards available). Then we wouldn't have to fucking bother with Frontier.

To me, Frontier is fucking giving up and an unwillingness to make Modern (and Legacy for those who bought into Modern) good on Wizards' part. Modern is my pet format only because I committed and I want that commitment to mean something - but I know that the sacrifice of players like me will be necessary. When Frontier comes, some number of Modern players will not migrate to Legacy or Frontier, they will just fucking quit. And in the end, nobody will miss us.

I feel there is so much intrinsic value in all the cards printed in Modern outside of the Cliques and Path to Exile. To render them utterly useless like Legacy does or what Frontier would do just pisses me off. I want a deep card pool like Legacy and would be willing to forego having cards like Abrupt Decay removed from Modern to explore that deep card pool. Frontier just won't have any depth without the strict regulation I am advocating for Modern. It's going to be the same shit power-max WITHOUT the depth of the Modern card pool; we'll be trading the cesspit of Modern for a similar situation in Frontier.

That's why I'm not happy about Frontier. It's a distraction that prevents Wizards from officially slaying Legacy to have Modern take its place; and instead we are going to ignore Modern until it dies while Frontier possibly thrives, wasting all that commitment people gave to Modern.
>>
File: Come on and slam.png (2MB, 1207x931px) Image search: [Google]
Come on and slam.png
2MB, 1207x931px
So simple. So perfect. Wins me $40 every week at FNM. Got it foiled out in real life.
>>
>>50981374
Where are your kitties anon?
>>
>>50981435
Really don't like them right now. Lots of removal inclusive decks in the format and I aim for consistency over explosiveness.
>>
>>50981374
I run Molten Rain and Firewalkers instead of your additional Skullcracks and Lightning Helix.

Metagame choice obviously but I would like to know what matchups outside of the burn mirror you would use the Helixes for. I find that Helix out of the board doesn't do it for me when I need to shoot creatures given that I'm already using Path. The flexibility of going to the face is great for consistency but the Firewalkers are just more silverbullet-y as are Paths.
>>
>>50981623
Looking at the current top 15 decks, I bring it in in some capacity against the following:

- Jund
- Infect
- Dredge
- Mirror
- Abzan
- Affinity
- Delver
- Bant Eldrazi

That's over half the matchups. The idea is the card is a good catchall, works great against any aggressive deck. I used to run both Molten Rain and Kor Firewalker at different parts in my play and I've disliked both of them.

Molten Rain feels too slow, bad on the draw, and 2 damage for 3 mana doesn't do it for me, even with the potential to color screw someone out of the game. (Which doesn't happen nearly as often as it not mattering in my experience.) I purposely removed all 3 mana spells from the deck and dropped to 19 lands because I've won a ton of games on just two lands alone.

Kor Firewalker is good against the mirror and...that's pretty much it. I dropped them for a 4th Helix (was running 3 at the time) and the 2nd Grim Lavamancer, which is still great in the mirror and has more game against more matchups.
>>
>>50981374
Why run Inspiring Village over another Sacred Foundry?
>>
>>50981758
You very rarely need more than two sources of white, and the lack of cats means less need for Plains. The IV helps mitigate life loss in aggro matchups. That's really all it is.
>>
>>50981731
I understand your assessment. So in those decks you named your Helixes are like your Paths 5-6. Or do you not like Path against those decks?
>>
>>50981818
Against Infect and Affinity, they are mostly Path's. The fact they can replace non-creature targeting spells like Charm/Spike means they're instant includes.

Against Dredge, the Mirror and Bant Eldrazi, they're there to help keep us alive as we try to race. Dredge is usually a pure speed match, and Helix can give us the extra turn we need. It's the best card in the mirror for obvious reasons (And you'd of course side it in with some Path to deal with enemy Firewalkers, which you'd do even if you had your own Firewalkers.) And it helps us not immidiately get stomped by Bant Eldrazi, although it's still a terrible matchup.

For Jund, Delver, and Abzan, it's brought in because it's just better than what we already have.

For example, against a Jund deck where I'm not familiar with their list (Don't know if their hate card is Kitchen Finks, Feed the Clan, Huntmaster, ect.) I would swap out the Lavamancer, a Swiftspear, and the four Searing Blaze for the 2 Helix, 2 Skullcrack, and 2 of the Path. You don't want too many Path in such a midrange based matchup, and everything else in the sideboard is pretty inferior to Helix in the matchup. Sure, Molten Rain could potentially be better, but I'd only make that argument if I were on the play and had 20 lands instead of 19.
>>
File: 1483249062423.gif (177KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1483249062423.gif
177KB, 160x160px
>play G/x Tron
>Love playing it
>Always consider selling all the money cards to buy Burn instead

Kill me
>>
>>50981876
Thanks. I appreciate that level of analysis. It will give me something new a try and something to think about. I've been on the no-Nacatl plan for a while but have cut back on the total number of Helixes and Skullcracks.

I don't have anything to add. I don't get the chance to play enough games to determine for myself that I only want to bring in only 2 copies of Path in certain situations.
>>
>>50981985
I've been playing Burn for about 2 years now. I don't tend to really invest in MTG but when I do I try to optimize. I've been having nothing but hot streaks with this deck for a long time and only change it when it feels warrented.

Hope I could help your plays.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Red pill me on rg valakut breach
>>
>>50982448
Boring after a few games. Pretty good though
>>
When do aether revolt spoilers begin
>>
File: ab2j0fubd87y.jpg (32KB, 292x380px) Image search: [Google]
ab2j0fubd87y.jpg
32KB, 292x380px
>>50982540
roughly now
>>
>>50982540
Today. It's 2-weeks before the prerelease. Full spoiler should be up on Friday if they're not fuckers about it. If they're fuckers it will be Monday.
>>
>draw 7
>no land
>draw 6
>no land
>draw 5
>no land

alternatively:
>6 mad 1 and 2 drops and 1 land
>draw card 1, 2 drop
>draw card 2, 2 drop
>draw card 3, 2 drop
>draw card 4, 2 drop

I love mtgo
>>
>>50972397
>>50972358

Funny I actually built Eldrazi and Taxes because it looked interactive and complicated to play.

Though I can see how an amazing opening hand would play itself and shut down any mana greedy decks. Outside that however it seems like there's multiple plays on T2 onward.
>>
>>50982899
If I ever designed a TCG I would give players two libraries. One for basic lands, other for everything else. Player can choose to draw from either deck in the beginning of their turn.
>>
File: 1472376931770.jpg (32KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1472376931770.jpg
32KB, 312x445px
>>50980296
>akroma memorial. Thats some spice right there and i like it
The tooth and nail shell green gives is so much fun. Ill have to try jamming in polukranos to my devotion list that card is fun as , also wanna find a home for pic related
>>
>every single card in MtG is now valued at half a dollar

How fucked are you?
>>
>>50984055
Prob make up the difference with a ton of commons/uncommons going up in price

At least then you won't have shitters crying how they are getting beat by expensive decks and how mtg is pay to win.
>>
>>50984074
>Battle of Wits is now the most expensive deck in every format
>>
>>50975918
To weak to sweepers. Too slow to be aggro. I've never lost to elves and I only play meme decks like Mardu and esper.
I have had some trouble with g/b elves but that might be down to not knowing their list that well.

Also zealous persecution just wrecks elves it's ridiculous.
>>
>>50983084
That's Force of Will. It's a good game.
>>
>>50984207
Aren't all the aggro decks weak to sweepers? Or zoo decks, I should say. Most other aggro decks run at least some package of spells to help get people to zero life.

But if it's too slow, it's too slow. I just figured being able to vomit your hand turn 2-3 would be better. If not, oh well. At least I'll have a fun deck for FNM, even if I don't bring it to serious tournaments.
>>
>>50984710
Isn't it dead now? Or dying at least. They made some dumb decisions with card set releases, which sucks. It was a fun break from MTG.
>>
>>50985343
It is. which sucks, I loved that game.
>>
File: 1483376778050.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1483376778050.png
131KB, 223x311px
>>
>>50986638
Right next to bolt for the "Best Removal in the Format Award"
>>
>>50986638
BUG boys rise up!
>>
>>50977464
He's meme'ing the fuck out of you, vehicles are just fancy not-modern playable equipment.
>>
>>50986841
OUR TIME HAS COME
ASSENCION IS HERE
>>
>>50986638
BLACK'S BACK ON THE MENU BOYS
>>
>>50986638
>This + fetchlands

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>50987328
Dont you mean AAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME?
Imnpretty sure that's what you meant.
>>
>>50986638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OatAcPIyPyg
>>
>>50987356
Yes. It was a positive AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
ban list when
>>
>>50986638
how many months this card will last before get banned?
>>
>>50986638
Kills delver, kills everything in infect, kills everything in zooicide, kills most things in affinity, sweet.
>>
>>50987440
It kills literally 90% of the format.

Only matchup I see it being genuinely bad is Tron.
>>
>>50987455
mental misstep unban when?
>>
>>50987430
Why,would this be banned? It's a new card (WotC loves showcasing new cards), it's not any more valuable than Bolt (a card they've ignored for a long time), and isn't any more versatile than Abrupt Decay (another card They they don't care about.) Also, it goes straight into GBx (midrange decks that they also love)

Why would this card be banned ever?
>>
>>50987455
It;s also a very dead draw against Ad Nauseum, Titanshift, and Bogles. Dredge doesn't really care too much either when they flood the field with 8 creatures on turn 3.
>>
>>50987491
Still doesn't mean you wouldn't maindeck it. Terminate sees maindeck play in B/G/x and usually targets things this card could hit.
>>
File: IMG_0984.png (184KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0984.png
184KB, 265x370px
Would Bogles play this?
>>
They already have an effect like that, if you load up on draw effects you're not going to draw action, you're going to draw more draw effects.
>>
>>50987839
maybe some fedora bogles deck...but no, i can't see his utility into an aggro deck such the bogles one
>>
>>50987839
It slows down your gameplan and turns on your opponent's removal. What Bogles really needs is another 1 drop hexproof creature so they don't have to mulligan so aggressively to find one of their 8.
>>
>>50987839
what exactly is the advantage over playing kor spiritwalker????? you also have a brain and are permitted to think.
>>
Why are there no fun decks in modern?
Jund is generic good stuff. Same with bant eldrazi. The rest are aggro decks where you hope your opponent doesn't have kill spells so you can win super early. Combos get boring after going through the motions several dozen times
>>
>>50988021
Sounds like you don't have fun playing Magic. Maybe you should find another hobby.
>>
>>50988021
>Tron isn't fun
>Ad Nauseam isn't fun
>[Insert whatever Modern deck you find fun] isn't fun
>Magic isn't fun
>>
>>50987839

Only if 10$ for spiritdancer is too much for your budget.
>>
>>50988021
Do you enjoy magic?
Have you tried prison? Lantern is terror teir one and hella fun.
>>
>>50988104
Tron isn't fun though. Their are no decisions to make. Just play rocks and dig for lands them play whatever big stuff you happen to be gripping.

>>50988061
Legacy has fun decks I like. I'm not trying to hate, it just feels like player skill is not much of a contributing factor in modern
>>
>>50988104
I know opinions and all, but I don't see how anyone can find Tron fun. The deck fucking plays itself in all of its variants.
>>
>>50984055
>How fucked are you?

I'd actually gain a lot of money because I have shit tons of commons and all of my "expensive" cards are proxies
>>
Most Lego users use bricklink to buy/sell and otherwise talk all things Lego. The site is used much more than practically all the others. Is there anything comparable for MtG?
>>
>>50988287
>I don't see how anyone can find Tron fun
I don't see how anyone can find Infect or Jund fun
To each his own
>>
>>50988355
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums
I would warn you but you're already on 4chan
>>
>>50988287
It's a Timmy deck

They get visceral enjoyment out of slamming fat bombs
>>
>>50988441
I wouldn't say visceral, but it's pretty enjoyable, yea
Also, Void Winnower
>>
>>50987839

No but Cheeri0s just got 4 more copies of puresteel paladin
>>
>>50988287
Playing big dumb threats super early is fun to a lot of people.
I play legacy elves and people tell me it's the same game every time, but I still come back to it all the time.
People like different things, and sometimes ease of play is a factor in why people enjoy it.
>>
>>50988397
Because with those decks you can make some decisions
With tron you just sit there and say stop me if you can
>>
>>50988564
Why are you trying to explain fun ?
>>
>>50988670
I'm not. Why are you ass pained?
>>
>>50988737
I'm not.
>>
>>50988021
I don't know, I've been having a lot of fun playing Goblins but I guess that falls under your blanket 'aggro sucks' statement.
>>
>>50988264
>skill intensive decks are directly related to fun.

Joking aside, "fun" is purely subjective. I do not have fun on roller coasters (theyre terrifying death traps), but I have a lot of fun playing Burn, for example. Is it skill intensive? Not really. But it does take some skill to play properly.

There's not really, in my opinion, much fun in any competitive deck. They're built to win, not for fun. Fun is for fungus tribal on the kitchen table.
>>
>>50988934
>they're terrifying death traps
No more than automobiles
>>
File: metallicmimic.jpg (53KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
metallicmimic.jpg
53KB, 265x370px
fish?
>>
File: greenwheelliberator.jpg (44KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
greenwheelliberator.jpg
44KB, 265x370px
2 mana 4/3 with fetchlands, is that good enough for zoo or stompy?
>>
>>50989313

nope

the advantage of fish is that the lords are retroactive and pump, say, your silvergill adepts and such that your opponent didn't want to waste removal on

this is a garbage topdeck
>>
>>50989351
Voltiac brawler/goyfs are better in the slot and aren't conditional.
>>
>Normally an EDH/limited player only
>Some of my local playgroup have encouraged me to play Modern
>I really don't want to spend any more money and the people I do play with that also play Modern are super-Spikes

however

>My favorites EDH decks are Sigarda and Edric, which I have come to realize have a lot of similarities with Bogles

Is it possible to do Bogles on a budget in a Spike-heavy meta? If I were to trade out maybe $100 worth of cards from old decks I am no longer interested in, could I build a decent enough mana base to make it happen?
>>
>>50989526
Here's a stock list:
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/531882

Here's what I would do for a budget list:
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/538214

I have never played the deck but I've played a lot of modern and I've lost to it a fair share. Your nut draws will beat just about any deck except infect, but you'll lose to bad draws frequently. If people start including hate cards for you in their sideboards there's not much that you can do about it.
>>
>Just built Eldrazi and Taxes
>Push gets pushed out

:(
>>
>>50989768
I'm pretty sure Push got pushed IN Modern
>>
>>50973228
Frontier would be a good format if it went further past m15 but not k to modern territory.
>>
>>50974019
How does this list win, huge land critters through Ascendancy? I see infinite mana potential in there somewhere, or at least a lot of mana but no manadump.
>>
>>50986638
Time to play modern again.

Thx WotC, maybe you're back on track.

I wonder how they slipped this through MaRo...
>>
How big of an impact is this new removal spell going to have realistically?
>>
>>50990833
>Fetches will rise in price a bit.
>People will play more wombo-combo, goyo and burn shit.
>You'll see some new brews with black that will soon disappear.
>Eldrazi with black.
>Infect won't be as annoying.
>>
File: 1405044915450.png (31KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1405044915450.png
31KB, 800x800px
>>50986638
>Esper/BUG now have a replacement for bolt
>Can now run a split of this and Path for max removal

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE
>>
>>50990833
I think it benefits BUG decks the most. That color combo really needed a 1 mana removal spell to go alongside Abrupt Decay at 2 mana.
>>
>>50972172
unironicaly mardu
>>
redpill me on burn and tron
>>
>>50992802
based decks, competitive, dont cost a fortune, easy to play hard to master(like, really master)
>>
>>50991456
>replacement for bolt
I'm not seeing the line of text saying it can go to the dome
>>
>>50992862
true, its just better than bolt
infect doesnt die to bold
it does to this
>>
>>50992909
Lmao you're a funny guy
>>
>>50992846
Well, ugins, karns and groves are pretty expensive tho.
>>
File: large.jpg (47KB, 499x382px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
47KB, 499x382px
>>50992982
deal with it
>>50993056
cheaper than other t1 decks is what i meant
>>
>>50992846
What is hard about tron. What hidden lines could there possibly be?
>>
its hard if you want to be competitive, its all about the micro plays
>>
>>50993080
Deciding whether to t3 Karn or wurmcoil engine is really hard for timmy
>>
is collective brutality really so good that people are running it in Tron now?
>>
Why do they keep pushing black so hard? Collective brutality, Kalitas, yahennis free spell, and now push to name a few.
There really will never be a reason to not run gbx decks at this rate
>>
>>50993474
>Why do they keep pushing black so hard? Collective brutality, Kalitas, yahennis free spell, and now push
>why do they push green so much? gearhulk, tiereless, ishkanah, grim flayer
>why do they push white so much? gideon, reflector mage, exemplar, thraben, thalia
>why do they push red so much? Chandra, apprentice, harnessed lightning,
>>
>>50989351
Im putting 2 of this guy in Elves
>>
>>50992862
>destroy target player
>>
>>50993637
The only cards outside of the black ones that see modern play are Chandra and grim flayer senpai
>>
>>50989351

has a better shot in landfall builds/suicide zoo. problem is the 3 toughness but it could be playable
>>
>>50993645
What are you taking out? This seems terrible in elves
>>
File: gideonally.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
gideonally.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
Is he good enough for Modern?
>>
>>50994838
No. White is a pretty lackluster color in modern, and you have access to better planeswalkers for less mana
>>
>>50972027
The new removal spell is great, it actually manages to make goyf worse and more passive snapcaster builds better while completely fucking Infect/Suicide Zoo/Kiln Fiend aggro. Also Eldrazi/Tasigur builds get better while combo/ramp decks spring up to prey on control/midrange.
>>
>>50995835
Goyf doesn't need to be made worse. He's fine as is
>>
>>50995835
Goyf already dies to every form of removal that isn't bolt.
>>
>>50994972

There's one white planeswalker for less mana, and he's not any better.

If you're talking about any color of planeswalker, sure. But you're not. Try researching what's available before giving advice.
>>
>>50995883
Goyf being worse in the metagame means goyf lowers in price because people don't want him as bad. Push makes decks that were competing with GBx, like grixis control mainly, much better because they play threats that don't get sniped by this card and they play a more passive gameplan that cares about individual threats less.

I'm calling it, this is the card that fixes modern. It kills aggro, stops Jund from being the only "control" deck in modern, and makes snapcaster decks better. If people are still whining 2 months after this card is released we can finally just call them poor and move on.
>>
>>50995996
Goyf's not really dominating modern right now.
I'd rather they print something good enough to maindeck against dredge or something better than fucking Crumble to Dust to stop Tron.
>>
>>50994348
Probably take out 2 visionaries.
Its perfect cause people will always take out arch druid or ezuri first leaving you with 1/1 beaters. At least with this new card I can have a big elf beater.
>>
>>50996144
>found the Jund player
>>
>>50996144
>stop tron
What is stony silence.
What is blood moon.
What is spreading seas.
What is fulminator mage.
>>
>>50994838
it's good enough for legacy
>>
>>50995996
You're putting way too much stock in this card. It does nothing against dredge and most of the hyper aggro decks have something like apostles blessing.

Oh wow. It kills tarmogoyf. So do a ton of 2cmc cards and path
>>
>>50995996
>black card makes jund less popular
Can't make this shit up
>>
>>50996210
Cards that annoy Tron

They don't stop it
>>
>>50996295
If you don't understand the difference between 1 and 2 cmc you don't understand modern.

The main draw of this card is that it kills all of the boltable creatures from decks like infect without being fizzled by pumps like mutagenic growth. On top of that, it also kills goyf and scooze out of jund and blows up literally any manland. So you have utility against two of the strongest strategies in modern, hyper aggro and midrange, in a 1 cmc card. The downside is that it doesn't go face which makes it awkward in midrange decks themselves and makes it better in snapcaster decks with a more passive gameplan. This card is going to completely change modern, the only question is which shell it ends up in.
>>
>>50996397
What is glistener elf
What is goblin guide
What is cranial plating
What is temur battle rage
>>
>>50996432
Some people enjoy playing stuff that isn't braindead aggro.
>>
>>50996443
Lmao. Aggro takes more brain power then jund
>>
>>50996420
>This card is going to completely change modern
Fucking delusional mate
>>
>>50996563
>Swing, swing, swing, swing, bolt face
Yeah, man. Takes a whole fucking lot.
>>
File: 1477433031074.png (61KB, 458x402px) Image search: [Google]
1477433031074.png
61KB, 458x402px
>>50996397
full retard
>>
>>50996662
Whatever makes you feel better. We all know it's more than that
>>
>>50996443
I guess those same people enjoy losing to tron, get over yourself.
>>
>>50996670
It's really not. I played aggro when I started this game too, but moved on after a few months.
Play Jund some time and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>50996443
There is nothing worse than the midrange/control player who thinks he's superior because his games go longer
>>
>>50996699
You were probably just bad. I own jund among countless other decks and it's pretty simple. Nothing wrong with that
>>
>>50996575
This reminds me of the day that cathartic reunion was spoiled and I said that it was the best card in kaladesh for modern. Someone in the thread asked me if I was joking.
>>
>>50996735
If you genuinely believe aggro decks are more complex than Jund, then you're simply retarded.
They require 0 line of thought
>>
>tfw esper, bug and grixis get a new chance with Push.

It hurts being a RUG bro. When will Wizard's throw us a bone?
>>
>>50996760
Nice argument. Believe what you wish.
>>
>>50996716
>le interaction fag
yeah, that kind of players are quite obnoxious
>>
>>50996760
Are you finished sniffing your own farts?
>>
>>50996760
Man, we've had this conversation a million times before. Every deck can boil down to "brain dead "

>6 spells worth 18 damage
>5 artifacts plus cranial playing
>slap a bunch of auras on a hexproof creature
>7 mana on t3 + Karn
>remove everything, beat with Goyf
>4 spells plus infect creature
>ad naus your whole deck
>Delver beats
>counter everything and rev for 15

But go ahead and keep saying that no deck requires thought.
>>
>>50996420
Even though I don't have the ability to come to the conclusion you did, I agree with you for that assessment. I played a couple copies of Disfigure, which was often good enough and this thing is just Disfigure on steroids.

I just don't care enough anymore to be excited for a removal spell. Like how you look at Cathartic Reunion - I just don't feel like giving a shit about mega-rummaging. Or cards like Mental Misstep or Dismember.
>>
>>50996889
Woah, that edge
>>
>>50996889
So then what does excite you? Cards like Mental Misstep, although they're abortions, are really cool. You like stuff more akin to Memory Jar?

>>50996836
>Man, we've had this conversation a million times before. Every deck can boil down to "brain dead "

The brain dead factor comes from lines of play and interaction.

For example, Delver imposes significant deckbuilding restraints and as a threat, requires setup if you want it to flip consistently.

Aggro decks by their nature are more linear, decision trees are generally smaller.

Yes, you can boil it down to that, but notice that you're able to be much more specific with decks like Burn and Affinity.
>>
File: 1469721372404.jpg (51KB, 461x294px) Image search: [Google]
1469721372404.jpg
51KB, 461x294px
>tfw have the entire deck foiled out except owning expeditions.
>>
Can Bant midrange or control work with things like Ojutai's Command, Meddling Mage, Goyf etc? Or is Bant Eldrazi just the best way to play it?
>>
>>50997712
I mean, Knightfall is the other Bant deck in town
Might be up your alley

Eternal Command is pretty fucking sweet too
>>
>>50997854
Eternal Command is Temur though?
>>
>>50997970
>>50997854
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=12582

this list looks pretty fun. Think it can win an FNM?
>>
Oh god do I run Path or Push in Eldrazi and Taxes?

Or both?!
>>
>>50998518
forget all that shit
put eggs in it
>>
>>50972946
3 tasigar ? are u insane boy, make 2 angler
>>
>>50998028
Personally I would go for the good old RUG command but that list looks playable and if you want to play Bant Control that's probably one of the few options you have, so I'd go for it.
>>
Can some one update the OP image with the 5 staple cards of each color with Fatal Push instead of Liliana of the Veil?

We're gonna need it.
>>
>>50998028
>>50998735
Also as a side note you should probably update that list with more cheap counters and draw. Serum visions and Thirst for Knowledge can go a long way.
>>
I've always wanted to play MtG and I've only been following the game for a couple of months. Would Aether Revolt be a good place to start? How do people normally get into the game?
>>
>>50999230

Friends who play magic.

Got any of those?
>>
>>50999319
I don't think any of my friends play card games.

I'm just sick of Hearthstone.
>>
File: Leyline of Singularity_GP.jpg (49KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Leyline of Singularity_GP.jpg
49KB, 312x445px
A guy at my store just went 5-0 rogue with a deck that uses this and Curse of the Cabal

Did I just witness a miracle? Or this us they new cool deck on the block and I just don't know?
>>
>>50999644
Post list and describe loca meta
>>
>>50998518
Path, of course
>>
>>50999335

Duel of the Planeswalkers on Steam can at least teach you the basics. Other than that it's about finding a local store to support and play.

Standard is the cheapest format to get started, but the worst in long term. Modern is the most popular format right now, it's about $400 to get a good deck, but it won't need to be updated nearly as often as a Standard deck.

I suggest trying out drafting, or doing some sealed events for the upcoming Aether Revolt prerelease weekend in two weeks.

Prereleases are always good fun, it's the earliest you can play the new set and open packs so they turn a high attendance.
>>
>>50999722

Can't post list because I don't have one, I watched part of one game and the cards I saw were:

Leyline of Singularity
Curse of the cabal
Polymorpher's jest
Remand

Local meta is pretty varied, has people playing Jund, Lantern, Elves, Merfolk...
>>
>>50996767
Maybe the Green Expertise spell will be good for RUG
>>
File: IMG_0001.jpg (2MB, 3725x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
2MB, 3725x1040px
>>50998774
I still think Liliana is the Black staple.
>>
>>51000187
Lol
Lili is much better than Push. Not saying push is bad, but cmon now
>>
>>51000187
That feel when you see the Modern General picture you made over a year ago. Keep on keeping on guys :')

I'm brewing Grixis Midrange (Jace VP), Grixis Control, and Grixis Denver with Fatal Push.
>>
>>51000261

Is that a Delver typo or is it a new and funky keyword for a deck?
>>
>>51000275
Phone auto-correct fail.
>>
>>51000261
You made it for me actually- or the General itself really. Either way I'll always keep it on hand until the day something might actually Push one of the cards off.

Stoneforge Mystic would do it if it ever gets unbanned. Push isn't wide enough to take out Lili just yet.
>>
>>51000261
>>51000228
>>51000187

Liliana is better, but Push will be more widely played and will be "The Black Card"
>>
>>51000187
There isn't a high enough resolution Fatal Push yet to edit this.
>>
>>51000379
Possibly. Push is definitely a good card for black in Modern.
>>
>>51000450
So is Dismember. Low to the ground Grixis and BUG decks weren't lacking 1 mana interaction, they're lacking DRS and Daze.
>>
File: Fatal Push Chart.jpg (838KB, 5100x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Fatal Push Chart.jpg
838KB, 5100x2200px
I made a Modern Fatal Push hit/miss Chart for everyone.
Enjoy and happy brewing.
>>
File: Modern Fatal Push Chart.jpg (1MB, 5100x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Modern Fatal Push Chart.jpg
1MB, 5100x2200px
>>51001296
Here's the final version.
>>
>>51001420
It kills every threat that fair decks play except the delve creatures. It's weak in combo match-ups because they either play no creatures or ones that it can't kill.

Seems like a good removal spell to me.
>>
>>50986638
I just realized that if this card (or other Revolt cards) see a lot of play in Modern, people will start leaving their fetches up like they do in Legacy for Brainstorm.
>>
>>50996210
>What is stony silence
Irrelevant since it's only good on turn 2 on the play. If you're playing a deck that boards it you probably lost game 1 and will lose game 3 even if you cheese game 2. What is 4x Nature's Claim.
>What is blood moon.
Something that induces a slight chuckle.
>What is spreading seas.
Something only played in fish, a matchup which ends after an Oblivion Stone lands on the table.
>What is fulminator mage.
Slow, irrelevant on the draw.
>>
>>51000052
I don't really understand the win-con, but it does sound fun
>>
File: Rishkars-Expertise.jpg (46KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
Rishkars-Expertise.jpg
46KB, 300x411px
>>51000162
You expect too much
>>
>>51004248
Maybe it'll see play in mono-g devotion??
>>
>>50986638
Goodbye infect. Hello grixis.
>>
>>51004805
Maybe. The deck is jank though. I wanted something good for something good
>>
File: IMG_5517.jpg (39KB, 243x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5517.jpg
39KB, 243x445px
Damn, this takes me back.
If I was to get 7 of my friends together do you think it's worth it to do a Mirrodin block booster draft?
Only ~$240.
>>
So with fatal push would it be "safe" to unban stoneforge mystic?

hit's mystic and the batterskull-germ.

Or would mystic still be too strong?
>>
>>51005312
Bolt and Dismember already took care of Mystic. Dunno about the Batterskull.
>>
>>51005497
I mean the current format is full of turn 3 kills anyway and a turn three batterskull would be a nice addition for stuff like control.
>>
>>51006083
I don't get where this turn 3 shit comes from. Do you not play any removal? Are you bad? Do you not actually play? Do you just let your opponent do whatever they wish?
>>
>>51006158
I mainly play deaths shadow zoo and affinity :^)

But yeah, maybe turn 3 is a bit over the top, friend of mine plays grixis delver and most games go until turn 5/6/7.
>>
What are the similarities and differences between Jund and Grixis Delver? Which one is better?
Also, how do you classify them within Aggro/Midrange/Control/Combo?
>>
>>51006423
>Jund Delver
How are you gonna play Delver without Blue
>>
>>51006423
Jund delver is a shit brew.
If you're playing delver it's grixis or rug
>>
>>51006608
>>51006550
Jund (as in lili goyf bolt) vs grixis delver (delver snap yung pyro).
>>
>>51006639
Jund is pure midrange value grind

Grixis is a tempo deck that beats with Delver and leaves mana up to protect it
>>
File: 1483437081647.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1483437081647.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
Will this help eggs become a deck again?
>>
Looking to sell a modern list, how do I go about doing it boys?
I don't care about value, I'm happy with 55-60% for the list but I don't want to piece it out
>>
>>51007401
What deck?
>>
>>51007458
Sultai midrange/control. Fabiano's list with a few changes to fit the newer metas
>>
>>51007521
Hmm I'd buy it but I already have the cards minus the black ones

Maybe just sell it to an online vendor
>>
>>51007590
I've considered that, but online retailers typically will lowball harder than anyone else, and then when you sell to them they reevaluate cards and drop a couple hundred in value off the original evaluation. I guess I could wait till they came around for a gp
>>
>>51007637
I hate that shit. What are you gonna do about it though. They get your cards and it's their word. I'm not gonna ask for them to be mailed back.

My favourite is buying near mint and then selling the card back without it having any changes and they grade it lower
>>
Why are naya zoo decks not very good?

You get to play insane creatures and utilize both bolt and path
>>
>>51008063
Cause dealing direct damage with spells is just better
>>
>>51008081
Until someone gains life
>>
>>51008149
That's what skullcrack and atarka's are for
>>
Thoughts on Ad Naseum?

It's pretty cheap on mtgo and seems like a fun deck
>>
>>51008270
Depends what you like. It's the same thing every game
>>
>>51008307
Yeah that's true. I could see myself getting burned out after a while.

I was also thinking Grixis Delver as I love doing some snap bolting and I feel like it's one of the only controlly feeling decks in modern that's not shit
>>
>>51008063
I play naya zoo and I usually do quite well with it. It can get screwed over easily (anger, chalice on 1, etc.) but I accept that's the downfall of aggro. The deck is very fast and resilient vs spot removal though.
>>
>>51008594
Plus, swinging for 8+ by turn 3 with all of your wild animal friends is a lot more satisfying than playing burn ever will be imo lol
>>
>>51007940
>My favourite is buying near mint and then selling the card back without it having any changes and they grade it lower
I've had this several times. I no longer deal with them because of it
>>
>>51001471
d&t hits the 'off' switch on tron fairly convincingly with a competent pilot.
>>
File: 1482891367934.png (369KB, 480x470px) Image search: [Google]
1482891367934.png
369KB, 480x470px
>tfw want to build Bant Spirits
>know I should wait for the B&R and see how Aether revolt will affect the meta
This is suffering
>>
>>51008881
I'm having the same issue. I feel ya bruh
>>
>>51008708
Oh boy. I can play a shitty deck but I get to beat tron
>>
File: 1_3_17 update MDnT.png (533KB, 1877x995px) Image search: [Google]
1_3_17 update MDnT.png
533KB, 1877x995px
>>51008969
you have game against pretty much everything though. all you have to do is keep it tight.
>>
>>51009293
D&T isn't bad but let's not pretend it's good or has the potential to take a major.
>>
>>51009293
Go back to your containment thread fag
>>
>>51009293
This is the modern thread buddy. Dnt is a joke
>>
Wull Esper or Sultai become real threats in modern or is Push not what those colors needed
>>
can you throw beck//call brain in a jar and thopter sword into one deck or is that trying to do too many things
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.