[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does the pushy GW staff member stereotype come from? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 13144074.jpg (114KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
13144074.jpg
114KB, 400x400px
Where does the pushy GW staff member stereotype come from? I've only recently started playing and I've yet to encounter it, I'm almost disappointed.. give me some stories
>>
>>50971006
Part exagerrated
part due to GW training
and ofc it does depend on the personality
>>
>They are given an incentive to sell as many possible models.
>They are given no detailed or comprehensive sales training
>They are given no direct oversight on how to handle customers and run a business
>They are young men, typically a first job and have no other way other than to push them on customers

These are generalizations but would make up the majority of GW staff.
>>
File: gwchart.jpg (33KB, 459x482px) Image search: [Google]
gwchart.jpg
33KB, 459x482px
Obligatory
>>
>>50971250
Effectiveness at what?
Define 'fit'.
>>
How long do they last? From what I've heard, it is a losing battle. At most you endure 2 years. At least, such are the things where I live.
>>
One of them in area has made a cult of the buyers. He doesn't even allow models from other store, not even GW. Even dices must by bought at his store.
>>
>>50971272
>Effectiveness
Sales, add-ons, upselling
>Fit
Adherence to GW's policies, GW is supreme in miniature wargaming, GW is the only place to get the best thing, Anything that GW decides to discontinue has no wroth and shall be unspoken of
>>
>>50971348
How can that possibly be enforced?
>>
>>50971631

He knows.
>>
>>50971693
Does he actually, or does he just claim to?
>>
>>50971006
I went to a GW store exactly one time. The guy working there could hardly have given a shit.
>>
One time I asked my girlfriend to get me a dark heresy rulebook for Christmas I said to get a d&d rulebook if she couldn't find it. She ended up getting issues 6 and 10 of the horus heresy because a pushy sales girl told her that there's no such thing as d&d and horus heresy and dark heresy are the same thing.

This was in the games workshop in London near hyde park so this could have been more to do with preying on tourists than anything.
>>
>>50972241
>there's no such thing as d&d and horus heresy and dark heresy are the same thing.
wew
>>
>>50972241
That's ridiculous, think she maybe didn't know herself?
>>
>>50972241

Well to be honest GW never sold the RPG books in store
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.