[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 39

File: just a bas relief nothing more.jpg (160KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
just a bas relief nothing more.jpg
160KB, 500x514px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50941104
>awaken_my_masters.sim
>how_to_punch_with_sunlight_a_guide_for_physical_adepts.knwsft
>Juez_Juarez's_Strange_Escapade_Combat_Predisposition.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 425 (74% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message: "no, there aren't any Aztec deities of fitness, why are you asking"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running becoming_the_ultimate_lifeform.BTL...

>watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Shit you found in the basement of an Aztechnology facility edition.
>>
Hey guys, playing my first shadowrun campaign, and the rest of the party's builds are in- noone took any stealth shit. I still want to be a melee sami, how viable is it for me to go sami with stealth capabilities? We do have a strong face, so I don't have to worry about covering that aspect.
>>
>>50963669
Melee gels very well with stealth. You need to get up close to the target first to shank him, after all. Also, speed is partially dependant on Agility and Blades and Stealth both run off of Agility too.
Please do bare in mind that melee builds are, by default, not super good, so you might need to be a little clever with how you build the character.
>>
>>50963704

I'm planning to run a satyr, so high move speed is already easy to get. DM is running some weird custom setting thing he likes(it seems to take some of the charm out of shadowrun, but whatever, I'm always down for weird political shit) so melee will probably be more viable because of reduced gun selection, and I chose melee knowing it took more work to make it work. I'll dump points into stealth and athletics, then. Any specific bio/cyberware(it just gets reskinned for setting so no limits) that'd help a lot? I'm already planning on high int and rea paired with that shit that gives you an extra init die at game start so I always win initiative and ALWAYS get two passes, atleast.
>>
Can't even open Chummer after I tried printing something. Not even unzipping it again into a different folder worked. What gives?
>>
>>50963669
Max your strength if you'd going to do melee, unless using something like a monowhip which doesn't require it.
>>
>>50963793
Forgot to add, this is the latest Nightly build.
>>
>>50963930
Well, I fixed the "crashing on load" option by deleting a save file, but I still run into print-crash errors.
>>
Anyone ever run any Bug City campaigns?
>>
File: reeeee.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
reeeee.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>look through core rulebook and Run&Gun
>find guns that have brand names but no corporation attached to them in the immediate fluff
>I bet I would find more if I searched the other splats
>could look through every splatbook of every edition to try to figure out who makes what, but I suspect that won't cover everything
Why did they did they do this to me? My autism demands that I know the manufacturer of every single firearm in the game. I can't just do what I do with items that don't have brand names or corp names attached to them and assume that most if not all significant corps produce their own variant under their own brand name.
>>
>>50963793
Hrm. That's interesting. Click the blue link and show me what's in the exception.txt file.
>>
>>50964626
>>
>>50964642
Hrm. That's... interesting. Link me the character file? It should be working fine, has to be something in the file itself.
>>
>>50964661
No file to link! I just tried that with a brand new character, nothing more than a bog-standard karmagen human.
>>
>>50964672
Oh, right. Fuck, Delnar's mugshot pull request fucked it. Um. It'll work for now if you actually have a mugshot, it needs some logic built into it to handle not having a mugshot.
>>
>>50964733
Well I'll be damned... Now that you mention it, I had no trouble whatsoever with my characters that did have mugshots available, and sure enough, it still works there upon testing. Thanks for telling me, guess this is one more reason to hunt for art.
>>
>>50964752
Good news, it's an easy fix. Just tinkering with some other stuff and I'll push it.
>>
I have a player who's wanting to take allergy (Mild/rare) as a negative quality. While I'm not gonna turn it down, I'm not gonna just let it be something they never have to worry about.

What would be some good allergies to deal with in stock seattle?
>>
>>50964949
pollution and acid rain are the staple when it comes to the environment.
allergic to soy is also possible, but will mess him up.
Others could be gunpowder or lead-
Also sunlight or cold are also possible.
Wi-Fi signals and mana could also be possible depending on the game

That would be my staple of common allergies for shadowrunners.
>>
>>50964949
Bees.
>>
>>50964949
A specific brand of perfume, a seasonal fruit, a type of plastic that isn't commonly used, electro-sensitivity on certain wavelengths
>>
File: BVch5aL[1].png (101KB, 676x509px) Image search: [Google]
BVch5aL[1].png
101KB, 676x509px
Would a Force 10 Blood Spirit be too much to throw at a group that's gotten ~30 Karma so far?
They're gonna be doing a run against AzTech, for a Dragon(they probably won't realize he's a Dragon until after the job is over), and I threw a Blood Mage down on the map, but I'm not sure if summoning a Blood Spirit at the maximum force she can after killing a hostage is overkill or not.
It probably is, given the setup around where the mage is
>>
>>50964998

those are all common as fuck. He asked for rare.
>>
>>50964998

I DID say rare, for the record, not common.
>>
File: Cover_Schatte.jpg (91KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
Cover_Schatte.jpg
91KB, 678x960px
Hrm. Anyone have the covert art for the German Shadow Manual 2? Should look like this with a weird spikey red ball thing on it.
>>
>>50963598
So now that donald trump and the hicks have handed society completely over to the corporations, how long do we have until the damn dragon cunts start bursting up through the Earth?
>>
>>50964949
novacoke
>>
>>50965144
Depends on what their weapon load out is, what the party composition is, and how ruthless you're feeling. But they're probably dead, those things are no bueno amigo.
>>
Is "private prosthesis workshop for exotic metatypes" legitimate choice as a Daytime Job?
Is too much of a problem if it comes with kink for amputees and for exotic metatypes?
>>
>>50965437
>implying they haven't already
>implying Trump isn't a dragon
>>
>>50965447
>Troll street sam(kinda) with 1 AGI and 8 AGI/8 STR cyberarms, a Stoner-Ares, and a PJSS
>Infiltrator with an Ares Alpha, Remington 950, Desert Strike, and a few other guns
>Decker with a physical limit of 2 and a machine pistol she doesn't ever really fire, plus a bunch of grenades
>Mystic Adept with a strategy of channeling guardian spirits for combat prowess, flavored as a not-Batman(not very heavily focused on combat, but not terrible at it)

I'd kinda prefer that if anybody, the troll is the only one who dies(Partly because the player kinda annoys me, partly because he'll hopefully reroll to something actually useful in any fight where the group isn't standing still)

Guessing 8 would be a better Force? Or 6?
>>
>>50965552
>implying Trump isn't a dragon
My god this actually makes sense. Fucking dragon shits.
>>
>>50965645
>>Troll street sam(kinda) with 1 AGI and 8 AGI/8 STR cyberarms
>my arms are moving on their own
>>
>>50965645
>cyber troll
>arms' STR is only 8
>not getting used cyberarms with Str enhanced to 13
What is the matter with this trog
>>
Is it acceptable for johnsons to offer a last minute mystery box instead of nuyen?
>>
>>50965795

no.
>>
>>50965795
Is it acceptable for runners to offer a last-minute EX EX round to the head instead of doing the job?
>>
>>50965822
>>50965820
you get to pick the nuyen still if you want, is the scenario.
it's just you could get the nuyen... or the MYSTERY BOX?!?
>>
>>50965840

unprofessional. Would never be hired as a johnson again.
>>
>>50965668
>>50965765
It's his first Shadowrun character, ever. He didn't know that AGI impacted movespeed when he made him, and didn't bother to take the free respec I offered after the first session.
>>
>>50965840
It'll get you a bit of a reputation as a nut.

I mean, these guys have just done your dirty work for you and you turn around and ask them if they want to risk all of their pay for the contents of some stupid box?

I can't see it going down well with all but the most deranged Runners, and even then you're unlikely to get many more more jobs as other Runners might hear about it, and decide that they don't want someone who seems mentally unhinged to be in charge of their pay.

That being said, always go escrow if you have a capable negotiator.
>>
>>50965972

that's unfortunate. Melee without move speed is like guns without bullets. And he's a troll, too, so his move speed is, what, 2 meters/round? When running?
>>
>>50965840
The only way in which it wouldn't be silly would be if you covered it up with a proper reason, especially one which gives a springboard for a future plot.
For example, instead of "You can choose the money behind Door 1, or you can choose the wonderful wacky mystery box behind Door 2", you could go with something like this:
"Well, we know that we negotiated about the pay in advance, but please listen to me for a moment. While you were away, our security team just wiped out another team of operatives, and those funds we plan on paying you could be used to replenish the losses we suffered during the fights. We know the hideout of those people now, though, and from the data we salvaged off the decker, we know that they didn't clear it out before the mission because they thought this was a "milk run". Since we could need the raw nuyen and it costs money to investigate the team's hideout, we thought of a mutually benefician deal. You can keep to the original deal, or you can pass on the money besides a few thousand nuyen in exchange for getting the address, passwords and security countermeasures to this place."
>>
File: Crossfire.jpg (212KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Crossfire.jpg
212KB, 500x667px
>>50963598
I know it wasn't the greatest, but does anyone have the art from Crossfire? Want to incorporate some Card stuff into a Roll20 environment
>>
>>50966098
He's built purely for carrying and firing machine guns. He wanted an HMG, but all he could get at character creation was a Stoner-Ares(MMG)
>>
>>50966224

oh, I saw 8 str cyber arms and immediately assumed. Silly me.
>>
Two hours till midnight west coast, got no family, no friends to be with, but I am glad I am here with you chummers. Here is to you, you crazy assholes!
>>
File: 1292110330782.jpg (188KB, 782x600px) Image search: [Google]
1292110330782.jpg
188KB, 782x600px
Wanted to make a smuggler with an aircraft but Rotorcraft is fucking expensive. Fixed Wing crafts are more affordable but I can't imagine the nightmare of trying to get it in and out of a run. Anybody have any advice for acquiring a decent aircraft vehicle at chargen?
>>
>>50966347
You start at Prime Runner.
>>
>>50965840
>you can pick nuyen or mystery box
That makes a bit more sense.

To make this kind of choice a little less crazy (sometimes crazy is what you want. I'm not judging), here's my suggestion:

The johnson, before the mission, gives the runners a choice. He offers to pay them market price in nuyen, but he also has details about a lightly-guarded cache of expensive stuff, perhaps a crate full of fancy commlinks or guns practically unguarded. Johnson can't take the cache himself for reasons of his own, but the runners could steal it as a milk run and net 2-4 times the value of the nuyen payout.

>>50966345
Here's to you too, omae! We're one year closer to 2075. Don't lose hope, and keep shooting straight all through 2017!
>>
>>50965840
>it's just you could get the nuyen... and the MYSTERY BOX?!?
Fixed.
The mission is to pick up some sealed container / locked suitcase / etc. At the handover, Johnson mentions that the client is no longer... able to go through with the deal. Team will of course be paid as promised, but they can also keep the cargo, if they want to, or not, if they think it might be too hot. No, Johnson doesn't know what's inside. And we're most certainly not opening it here, because we don't know what's inside and how it was secured against unauthorized opening. Take it or leave it.
>>
>>50966402
Mummies Alive I'll be 88! Fuck feels like just reaching 30 in a month was a miracle!
>>
What the fuck is up with the length of combat turns in Shadowrun? I just built a Satyr character with muscle toner and max agility, and, after running some basic math, realized my character litterally runs fifty kilolmeters an hour. This is at character start. There are some roads where I would get a speeding ticket on foot.
>>
>>50966465
Welcome to the future, and it is fucking glorious! Also get more then 3 initiative passes and only top end cyber eyes could see you move. (by none game mechanics anyways.)
>>
>>50966465
Part of your issue might be the fact that Muscle Toner 4 is Availability 20R
At character creation, the highest you could get is 2, which puts you a bit below Usain Bolt's top speed.(44.72 km/h)
Even with Toner 4, though, you're running at 48 km/h, which is only 3.28 faster than Usain Bolt.
>>
>>50966556

no. Buddy. I have muscle toner I and agility six. Seven agility on a satyr makes a movement speed of 50 km/hour. If I had toner four, I'd have a move speed of 72 kilometers an hour. Satyr increase their walk and run speeds by 1.5x

>>50966534

movement speed is split among initiative passes. Considering how fast I am, I'm okay with this, as otherwise I'd be doing 100 km/hour since my initiative roll is 2d6+11.
>>
>>50966465
But can you sustain that 50kph for an hour?
>>
>>50966610

probably? Running is more like a strong jog, high pace and maintainable. You don't hit negatives for running until you're sprinting. Oh yeah. I didn't factor sprinting into that speed, btw.
>>
Could someone spoon feed me the addiction rules? I'm going crazy here, I can't understand them at all.
>>
>>50966714
Do the thing you are addicted too, or make a test, if you fail you lose dice till you get your fix.
>>
File: I AM THE ULTIMATE.png (1MB, 1276x718px) Image search: [Google]
I AM THE ULTIMATE.png
1MB, 1276x718px
>>50963598
AWAKEN MY MASTERS

Imagine you had a character with a very, very long career with assloads of karma, all dedicated to one purpose: becoming the ultimate life form. So powerful that even dragons writhe in envy and fans of Shadowrun spitefully call your character a bigger mary sue than Harlequin himself.

What would it be, chummers?
>>
>>50966780

probably some variety of physical adept.
>>
>>50966780
A cyberzombie with nothing but used cyberware to max out on those sweet sweet negative essence bonuses.
>>
>>50965144
Depends will you let them run from it?
Are you going to give the party a means to beat it apart from filling it with lead?
Also you could have 30 karma or 300 karma force 10 spirits will still fuck you.
>>
>>50966780
A burnout mystic adept decker/rigger face
>>
>>50966722
When do you make the test? Right away the first time you use it?
>>
>>50966879
As far as I know becoming addicted AFTER creation is not in the rules, so I would have to cop out and say "up to the GM".
>>
>>50966593
>movement speed is split among initiative passes
This is quite important.

You can still get really fast though
>Satyr AGI 6 (+3 augs) = 9
>Run rate AGIx6 = 54 meters per 3 seconds
>Cyberfeet with skimmers(x2running) = 108 meters per 3 seconds = 36 m/s = 80.5mph = 129.6kph

So yeah, that's already 80mph running (129.6kph), before making any sprinting checks. Rules for fatigue from running are in SR5 172. You only have to test for fatigue damage every 3 minutes, so you can keep it up a while. I'm assuming skates can't be combined with skimmers because that's really fucking dumb. I'm sure there are other ways to boost move speed, but I'm too tired to look.

For fun, you can pump up your cyberlegs strength and get raptor feet so you can eviscerate people at 80mph, or much more with a good sprinting check. A satyr with raptor feet should be doing strength+4P (14P, AP-3?). But come on, nobody should be able to survive a flying kick from Road Runner.
>>
>>50966866
The plan is They enter the building through one of 2 doors, and after getting to a certain hallway, security ambushes them. They'll likely survive that, and the hallway ends in a dead end, but there's a switch in one of the nearby rooms that opens it(or the decker can just blast it open, since she likes explosives), and there's a blood mage and 2 security dudes in a room on the other side, as well as probably a hellhound or two, depending on what force I end up making the Blood Spirit.
There's also a sniper and a shaman hiding in a room down the hall, the other way.
The general point is to get them to start considering their tactics before they rush in.

I'll probably lower the Blood spirit's force, I'm just not sure where a good place to leave it would be. Guessing 6, assuming most of my players have 12-14 dice in the things they're good at?
>>
>>50966905
Heres what you do.
Don't go full force 10 blood spirit
make it someone inhabited by a force 5 blood spirit. If you don't know how inhabitation and possession works look it up, shit is terrifying and a force 2 spirit possessing someone can be a serious threat.
Also look up true names and stuff that can be another fun thing to do.
Mean that "Yeah this spirit is a super strong bad ass, but if you find its true name you can kill/banish/control it."
>>
File: Shodan.jpg (46KB, 385x414px) Image search: [Google]
Shodan.jpg
46KB, 385x414px
>>50966780
An AI.

The rules for AI are trash but they're the only thing you can actually play that can canonically match dragons.
>>
>>50966879
Addiction rating represents how easily people get addicted, and addiction threshold determines how much use is required to risk addiction.
Essentially, it means you can use the drug once, spaced out by Addiction Threshold number of weeks in between, and never have to make a test. If you do not wait this long between uses, you must make a check! Some drugs are particularly strong and always require a test. This is whenever 11 - Addiction Rating is less than or equal to the Addiction Threshold.
I'll use cram as an example. You take the addiction rating 11 - rating = D. D is the time span which will pass for an addiction test to occur. Our value is 11 - 4 = 7. This means after your first dosage, you have a test in 7 weeks. Where the threshold comes into play, is this is the number of hits you need to pass the addiction test. Every week you don't use, after that first week, it reduces the threshold by 1 until it becomes 0, or you make an addiction test.
>>
>>50967014
https://youtu.be/0YLMk1E41kE?t=1m25s
>>
What's the most brutal, cruel, sadistic, disgusting way to eviscerate my players? I'm talking make them never want to see me again.
>>
File: KrakenKatz.jpg (101KB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
KrakenKatz.jpg
101KB, 990x1400px
>>50967028
>>50966879

Example 1
Week 1: You use. You mark that in 7 weeks you need to make a test. Threshold set to 3.
Week 2: You don't use. Threshold becomes 2.
Week 3: You don't use. Threshold becomes 1.
Week 4: You use. Threshold becomes 3 (resets to full!).
Week 5: You use. Threshold becomes 3 (resets to full!).
Week 6: You don't use. Threshold becomes 2.
Week 7: You don't use. Threshold becomes 1. You make an addiction test.

Example 2 Week 1: You use. You mark that in 7 weeks you need to make a test. Threshold set to 3.
Week 4: You use. Threshold becomes 3 (resets to full!).
Week 5: You don't use. Threshold becomes 2.
Week 6: You don't use. Threshold becomes 1.
Week 6: You don't use. Threshold becomes 0. You're off the hook! No Test! In week 8 if you use, it starts over.

Example 3
Week 1: You use. You mark that in 7 weeks you need to make a test. Threshold set to 3.
Week 4: You don't use. Threshold becomes 0. You're off the hook! If you use in week 5, it starts over again.
>>
>>50967014
Why do AI suck so much while Sprites get to be so good? It makes no sense! It should be the other way around!
>>
>>50967038
Tell them you're a furry.
>>
>>50967039
Thanks. Also, where's the addiction info for Deepweed? It's not in the table but it says it's psychologically addictive.
>>
>>50967056
CGL probably wanted to keep AIs at around the same power level as other classes, so they gimped them to shit and then, after realizing they went too far, said "lol oh well it's not like technology in our game makes sense anyway let's buff magic again".
>>
>>50967077
Rating 4, Threshold 2 according to the frenchie version of the rulebook.
>>
>>50966347
You take a Northrup Wasp. Upside, it's 86,000 nuyen. Downside, you'll look like a silly fuckin' goober.
>>
>>50966347
Don't. Start with a contact you can ask the favour of hiring an aircraft from. Talk with your GM about turning that favour cost into a down payment on eventually owning your own aircraft and renting the space to keep it.
>>
>>50967089
From what other writers have said, I'd hazard the guess that AIs were specifically shafted and made complicated in unfun ways to keep people away from them.

Kind of a "ok, I'll write it if I have to, but you're not going to like it!" situation.
>>
So what are the essential armor mods for a chameleon suit?
>>
>>50967803
Source?
>>
>>50968061
A tricked-out sensor array. Being able to see infrared lasers and map dark rooms with ultrasound/radar is fucking great for a sneaking suit.
>>
>>50968127
He's talking about how writers described their work on Infected that way. He's just extrapolating that sentiment to other things.
>>
>>50964622
A lot of guns are made by AA or A-ranked corps instead of being mere beans names affiliated with a larger corp. Some have no fluff outside of the existence of a gun.

For example, while we know Savalette is its own company, we know nothing about it other than that it makes the Guardian heavy pistol.
>>
>>50968175
I dunno. Maybe they were just dumb about it, like Mac with Drakes.
>>
>>50966465
You're augmented and have super-legs. If course you're fucking fast as hell. An Agility 5 human, on the other hand, runs at just under 15 miles per hour.

It turns out that having crazy animal legs and speed-increasing implants makes you go fast as fuck. Shocking, I know.
>>
>>50968260
Definitely could be. The Infected rules, though, were explicitly revealed to be an effort to keep people from playing them.
>>
>>50968284
The guy wanted to make them worse than we got. Instead we received something more playable by way of placing the more high powered stuff after xp & IC time gates.
>>
>>50968284
How were they suppose to do that? I've read them, they just seem terribly OP, with Regeneration and stuff.
>>
>>50968284
So they can't even succeed when they try to fuck up?
>>
Should the satyr legs damage bonus apply to attacks made with raptor feet?
>>
>>50968896
As long as you haven't replaced your legs with cyberlegs, I don't see why not.
>>
File: fatass.jpg (124KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
fatass.jpg
124KB, 780x585px
If there were buffaloes with wings that the corps raised as livestock to give the elite (and the average wageslave once a week) a taste of genuine buffalo wings, would they most likely be products of genetic alternation, the Awakening or SURGE?
>>
>>50966956
I lowered it to Force 6, and it is gonna be possessing someone.
(By someone, I mean an average person with 3 in all their stats, so it'll even out to 6 in everything while possessed.)
>>
>>50963598
>how_to_punch_with_sunlight_a_guide_for_physical_adepts.knwsft
Is there an actual adept power for that or would I have to refluff punching with fire? Also, how much good is sunlight against the undead in Shadowrun? My understanding is that it doesn't disintegrate them but they sure don't like it either.
>>
>>50970477
Don't know about 5th, but in 4th, Elemental Strike let you punch with the 'element' of light.

You could also punch with falling damage if you really wanted to, though since it could be resisted with Gymnastics it was inferior to the other elements.
>>
>>50970560
>You could also punch with falling damage if you really wanted to, though since it could be resisted with Gymnastics it was inferior to the other elements.
That is beautifully retarded.
>>
If I want my players to get a job from a dragon, is it better to make one up myself, or use a canon one?
The only canon one I can find any info on that seems likely to show up in Seattle in 2076 is Masaru, and a Great Dragon seems a little too much, to me.
>>
>>50970639
I think your first concern should be "how do I make sure my players don't realize they've cut a deal with a dragon until it's far too late to back out".
>>
>>50970665
>Implying I won't just have the Dragon appear as a metahuman Johnson
I originally planned on using Damon, and having him excuse the purple eyes by referencing the contacts that are sold specifically to match his eyes, but he's apparently in Boston at the time the run's going to be happening.
>>
>>50970704
Too obvious. There needs to be at least 3 layers of deceit and/or proxies separating the true nature of the dragon from the players
>>
>>50970704
Have the dragon dress up in a dinosaur suit.
>>
On a scale of 1-10, with 11 being "they've actually already cloned dinosaurs in the setting", how plausible is it to throw a Jurassic Park scenario at a team of shadowrunners?
>>
>>50970862
9/10. A lot of weird animals hanging around in the wilderness of the Sixth World. Thanks, magic!

It's just that they aren't *really* dinosaurs but just some weir mutated/awakened/... beasts.
>>
>>50970862

If you want a Jurassic Park Clone, where there are dinosaurs that are used as an attraction, then, >>50970888 is on the money.

But if you want a SCENARIO similar to Jurassic Park, in which an extremely expensive/exotic zoo filled with dangerous animals suddenly finds itself not as secure as they thought, you could totally do it.

I would totally see a Zoo that had Wendigo and shit on display as something that could make some serious money.

The Party is hired on just as security, because 'everyone has seen jurassic park' and then, oh shit, sabotage.

Bonus points for them actually having the option of saving everyone.
>>
>>50971253
Sabotage? No, Shadowrunners. And someone ends up riding a Triceratops at one point.
>>
>>50970704
The biggest question is why would a dragon bother meeting them in person. Usually they only do so for big, secret, close-to-the chest events.
>>
>>50970888
>>50971253
Hm, I see; there's so much dangerous shit around that bringing back dinosaurs is unnecessary. Though I do recall that either Chrome Flesh or Howling Shadows states that scientists have figured out that "turn a chicken into a dinosaur by activating genes that have been turned off for millions of years" trick and are practicing it commercially.
>>
>>50971264
>Sabotage? Yes, in the form of other Shadowrunners.
FTFY
>>
>>50971264

Sabotage... Shadowrunners... Isn't one the crime and one the culprit?
>>
What's the best way to create a spider themed character? Rigger with lots of itty bitty drones? Multiple prosthetic arms? I know insect themed mages are a big no no, but what about spider ones?
>>
>>50971315
If you go around with a bug theme, people aren't going to stop and check which subphylum you're repping before they start shooting every gun they've got and calling Ares to drop HTR teams on your ass.

There are easier and less painful ways to commit suicide, omae.
>>
If I wanted to create a 'boss level' character, would I be good enough making just a standard PC? I'm bad at judging what is 'good' and 'Too good'
>>
>>50971315

Played a spider adept. Took all the godamn perception powers i could, wallrunning, jump power. Initiation enables to use a fuckhuge spider swarm as a pet, which you can use to spy on pretty much everything.
Had a Kusarigama weapon focus for maximum profit too. (and to fuck up some insect spirits, obviously.)
>>
>>50971276
That's such a....morally inflexible way of looking at it.
>>
What >>50971346 is trying to say is that BUG SPIRITS ARE A THING! BUG THEMED ANYTHING IS A BAD IDEA BECAUSE BUG SPIRITS ARE LITERALLY NIGHTMARE FUEL THAT FUELS ITSELF! OMAE, BUG SPIRITS!

Also, Superior Spiderman for ideas? It's about Doctor Octopus stealing Peter Parker's body and trying to be a better spiderman than he ever was and inevitably Doc Ock-ing it all up. But it had some really cool ideas for spiderman
>>
>>50971548
Were Doc-Oc's tentacles drones or really advanced cyberlimbs? They are capable of acting independently of him, which says drones to me, but couldn't cyberlimbs with some sort of move by wire system also fit the bill?
>>
Trying to wrap my head around AI rules.

So, if a rigger is using a control rig to jump into a vehicle, he's obviously "running" on his meat body (as in, it's just a DNI and sensory input, the actual processing still happens in the brain).

But what about an AI? Let's say an AI with a pilot origins is running on a commlink. When it jumps into its preferred kind of vehicle, is it still considered being running on the commlink and jumping into the vehicle rigger-style? Or does it have to move to the vehicle itself?
>>
>>50971618
It moves into the vehicle itself and overrides its pilot program.
>>
>>50971413
>boss level
The only things I could possibly imagine being tough enough, that a shadowrunner team couldn't just kill them are Cyberzombies (WILLIEEEE), Dragons and high force Free Spirits. Everything else will simply lose in a fight between them and multiple runners
I'd rather advise you to make boss group. Multiple experienced (Prime Level) runners, an entire HTR team fully kitted out, a enemy group with lots and lots of gear and area knowledge.
Alternatively if you want a long term boss you can make someone that doesn't hurt them physically. Instead they fuck with their supply lines, make contacts get silent or send people on your team.
>>
>>50971268
>>50970777
Fair enough, I guess I'll have him give them the job through a proxy of a proxy.
>>
>>50971718

This is just a shitty little one-off to get a group used to the setting. Standard level characters.

I just meant a guy to throw in at the end of an adventure that doesn't poses more of a threat than a goon.
>>
>>50971642
So high depth and vehicle program slot rules royally fuck you over. Great.
>>
>>50971836
Not that much. Worst comes to worst, all it takes is a module with the 'Virtual Machine' program.
>>
File: 1457966659655.jpg (41KB, 387x750px) Image search: [Google]
1457966659655.jpg
41KB, 387x750px
I assume Qualities costing double in career mode is RAW, yea?

To me that just seems to really turn this shit into a miserable grind. But I can also understand, because qualities are really powerful.

I can't decide if it needs house ruling
>>
I don't know how I got here, but now one of my characters is pregnant with a dragon and has amnesia.

Just... let that set in.
>>
>>50972020
>pregnant with a dragon
I think you mean "with a drake".
>>
>>50972038

The father is a dragon. is that better?
>>
>>50972072
Yeah, your GM is pulling his magical realm bullshit on you.
>>
Is there a way to make chummer not boot to the character roster? Or maybe a way to clear the roster?

Just let me load into a blank program, dammit.
>>
>>50971980
>I assume Qualities costing double in career mode is RAW, yea?
RAW as Steak Tartare
>>
>>50972087

No, I'm the GM, and there is no magic realm here, just something hilarious.

But, in all seriousness, does a dragon banging a metahuman spawn a Drake or something else?
>>
File: chummer exception.png (20KB, 1241x198px) Image search: [Google]
chummer exception.png
20KB, 1241x198px
>>50972095

Forgot my image.

Happens on program load. Not related to any characters. I have to go back to 5.189.18 to even get it to start up. Which is a problem, because I have characters that I worked on with a newer version that don't work now.

halp
>>
>>50972126
nobody fucking (rimshot) knows
nobody even knows if humans and dragons CAN have offspring
>>
>>50971980
Yeah, it is. And it's not just because qualities are powerful, it's because they're an integral part of the character; picking one up during play means there has been a significant growth of character.
>>
>>50972126
Drakes are a wholly separate species. Dragons only make stuff with other dragons.
>>
>>50971888
Ehhh, If your depth exceeds the device rating, you take up 2 program slots. Most vehicles have pilot rating of no greater than 4. Which means 2 program slots. With your depth above 4 you are left with none. Then you optimize and get space for 1 autosoft (relate to optimization bonuses - it implies that commlinks and decks get a program slot, vehicles get an autosoft slot). So yay, you can get one autosoft and zero programs running.
>>
>>50972126

What do you really think that the odds are that humans and Dragons share the same number of chromosomes?
>>
>>50972256
>>50972206
Magic?

>>50972232
Noted.
>>
Are there any traits that give you extra dice when firing with full-auto and/or suppressive fire?
>>
>>50972243
Again, just install a module with the 'Virtual Machine' program. 2 almost-free extra program slots for any device, presto.
>>
>>50972553
But modules are specifically listed as cyberdeck-only thing.
Dongles go in a universal port, yes. But modules go into cyberdeck module slots. Drone is not a cyberdeck, I figure it has no cyberdeck module slots.
>>
>>50972613
Ah, you can hardwire one. That's marginally better.
>>
>>50970638
I see no problem with this, punch skyrockets you up into the air, and then you fall down.
>>
>>50972256
>>50972271
I thought Harlequin was part dragon or some bullshit, and there was a big kerfluffle about Dragons not being allowed to have liasons with Elves anymore because of it?
>>
>>50970639
You can use 'a' dragon. They're not that big a deal. Incredibly tough and smart, sure, but not that big a deal. People conflate what the Great Dragons do for what plain old not-so-great Dragons do.
>>
>>50971346
Cut the drek. There's a reason Insectoid Features isn't a 25-karma penalty, you moron.
>>
>>50972934
Yes, oversight on the developers' part.
>>
>>50972199
>Not related to any characters
Wrong! It's related specifically to one of the characters in the roster that chummer's trying to load up again. Delete some of the offenders and see what happens.
>>
>>50972956
Nope. They literally spell out that looking like a bug was a huge fad AFTER bug spirits were known about. People were spending lots of money to look like one.
>>
>>50972997
Chummer, We're talking about CGL here
It's entirely possible they forgot to take it into account
>>
>>50972997
It wouldn't be the first time that someone spent a lot of money on something that was probably going to get them shot.
>>
Which 5e books should I pick up to be a qt techomancer? And what's a good priority?
>>
>>50973199
Probably not worth bothering with at this stage.
>>
>>50973199
>Which 5e books should I pick up to be a qt techomancer?
Well you're just out of luck cause it's 2017 and the TM Book is STILL not out. (Bitch out LittleMac for it if you want)
The books that you need that are already out are Core Book, Data Trails, Run&Gun, Run Faster and Chrome Flesh

>And what's a good priority?
depends on what exactly you want to do with her
Before you answer that, please read: http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Posting it every time until you like it
>>
If a gun has both a clip and a drum available for ammunition, will applying Extended Clip increase the drum size?
>>
>>50973199

Resonance and Attributes should be 4 and 5 (not necessarily respectively). Your mental attributes are your matrix attributes, so you should prioritise them, and think carefully about what kind of interactions you want with the matrix, because you can't swap charisma and logic the same way a decker can swap attack and data processing.

If by qt you mean a high-charisma build, consider selecting elf as your metatype for the increased cap. Understand that charisma becomes matrix attack, so you're gonna brick shit like Montressor and you'll also be the loudest man/woman on the matrix unless you put some points into intuition.

Data Trails is the matrix sourcebook, but it doesn't have much essential technomancer stuff. There are some neat traits in there, though.
>>
>>50973320

RAW I'd say no, because it explicitly specifies a clip.
>>
>>50968576
>>50968770
They were trying to make Infected unappealing by having the huge karma cost, having Regeneration only be available to HMHVV I type infected, having Regeneration only be available post-chargen, and having Regeneration cost a whole bunch of karma on top of all that.

Fortunately, Regeneration is so good that people were more than willing to eat all of those intentional 'fuck you' mechanics in order to eventually enjoy their sweet, sweet dessert.
>>
>>50973320
Any GM who doesn't let it affect either is a retard who cares more about semantic nonsense than actual sense.
>>
>>50973284
The difference in playstyle between technomancers and deckers is something I'm aware of, the issue is that I haven't done anything in 5e, so knowing what a good technomancer looks like on paper is an issue. Mostly what I want to do with him is spam Gremlins whenever guns come out and cry loudly over any comm-systems the whole time bullets are happening.

>>50973440
Being loud is encouraged, really. Something like an e-celeb needing constant attention.
>>
>>50973027
Nope. It was literally a biosculpting fad.

>>50973060
Too bad, it doesn't work that way.
>>
>>50973572
>Nope. It was literally a biosculpting fad.
chummer, what I meant wasn't that they forgot the fad
it was that they forgot the FUCKING BUG SPIRITS
>>
>>50973587
Nope. It was directly in response to that.
>>
>>50973594
>Man there's these fucking bug spirits around and they want to eat our souls and everyone they inhabit gets bug features and everyone is afraid of them
>You know what we should do? Make ourselves look like them!
CGL is dumb enough for that
>>
>>50973612
It was actually a FASA thing. You know, like SURGE itself?
>>
>>50973524
Get the "Electronic Witness + Day Job" combo to represent you're an e-celeb, and focus on getting as much Sprites as you can. Machine Sprites with the Gremlins power.
>>
>>50973618
>It was actually a FASA thing
wow
That's unexpected
I know to expect that stuff from CGL
but that FASA was also this retarded is new to me
>>
>>50973524

If that's the case, there's an online fame quality from Data Trails that's exactly what you're looking for. It's cheap and also kinda bad and perfect flavor.

Also, consider Prank Warrior from Data Trails to simulate a whacked out fan who's all about swatting you, but that doesn't leave much negative karma for day job (+Electronic Witness if you're a blogger/livestreamer)
>>
>>50973809
>YOYOYO WHAT'S UP YOUTRID-
>>
>>50973637
Shadowrun has always been pants on head stupid, each edition is just a different stupid.

>>50974061
>WHATS UP YOUTRID I'M COMING AT YOU WITH A NEW VIDEO
>>
>>50972973

Removing the files doesn't remove their entries from the character roster. and without the program being able to start, there's no way I know of to clear the roster
>>
>>50974095
>Removing the files doesn't remove their entries from the character roster.
Yes it does? I did just that when I had corrupted save files due to chummer crashing when I was trying to save them.

>and without the program being able to start, there's no way I know of to clear the roster
Think: Where are the save files right now?
>>
>>50967031
>>50967014
Goddamnit I want to play shodan so fucking bad
SO GODDAMN BAD
>>
>>50972126
Dragons breed by producing eggs alone, which are then incubated by another dragon (usually) who determines the resulting species of dragon born.
>>
>>50973629
>Get the "Electronic Witness + Day Job" combo to represent you're an e-celeb
You mean to represent how you sell data to info brokers.
>>
>>50974468

A dragon makes an egg... just... MAKES an egg, and then another drag warms it until it hatches, and then it is another, entirely different dragon?

Did I read that right?
>>
>>50974133
Run Renraku Arcology.
I'm sure CGL is cooking up their own version of that, what with Deus trying to pull an APEX and take over Eliohann.
>>
>>50974539

>a dragon makes an egg

yes, that's how biology works. Although it does seem to imply all dragons are hermaphrodites.
>>
File: Bug City.jpg (294KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bug City.jpg
294KB, 1280x720px
>>50964169
Do you mean the old modules, or just anything in Chicago?
>>
>>50974634

I understand how biology works, but the question is WHICH biology, and, like, does the other dragon FERTILIZE the egg, like a fish? Or can dragons Asexually Reproduce?

And what if a dragon screws someone while they're in a humanoid form?
>>
>>50974680

more looking for running things in Chicago, rather than following a module. Just curious about creativity.
>>
>>50974687

they're probably barren, I'd guess they use magic to fertilise the egg, hence why inbreeding doesn't become an issue.
>>
>>50974687
The answer to all things is Magic.
>>
File: Canada.jpg (122KB, 523x500px) Image search: [Google]
Canada.jpg
122KB, 523x500px
>>50964998
>allergy to cold

That's called being a bitch.
>>
Are there any pros to using 20th Anniversary over 5e?

If so, which?
>>
>>50965537
Sounds interesting, but be aware you either need a boss or some other scheduling restraint to fit the RAW of the quality.

>The player and gamemaster should work together to determine the job, which is usually a pretty decent gig based on the pay rates, but the gamemaster should determine the shifts the character works

So very demanding customers, or a boss who makes sure you come in to work with the team to build snekarms.

don't jerk off at the table
>>
>>50974757

Actually, there are conditions where people actually can be allergic to cold, where their body vastly overreacts to cold stimuli.

But, in 99% of cases, yeah, they're being a bitch.
>>
File: Deffkopta.jpg (486KB, 1024x772px) Image search: [Google]
Deffkopta.jpg
486KB, 1024x772px
>>50967331
>goober

>personalized helicopter that you can swoop through the streets (and into spacious lobbies)

pick one
>>
>>50970400
Genetic alteration, absolutely. They'd be monstrosities with dozens of tiny chicken wings growing out from scattered spots on their sides.
>>
File: Elemental Strike.gif (1MB, 291x188px) Image search: [Google]
Elemental Strike.gif
1MB, 291x188px
>>50970477
>>50970560
It's in 5e too, thanks to Shadow Spells.
>>
>>50974895
You look like a goober because it's a police helicopter. Though that could be handy for smuggling in and of itself.
>>
>>50973284
Little Mac says her part of the book is done. Now it's stuck in editing hell, whenever Hardy feels like doing his job.
>>
>>50975063
I was actually thinking they'd have big wings; not big enough that they could actually fly, but big enough that they wouldn't die if you chased a bunch of them off a cliff. You know, just to keep things interesting.
>>
>>50974757

I agree. Living in Canada, even in like -30 weather I never bother to transition to a sweater. I just wear T-shirts full time. Meanwhile I see people with like? Five coats on? Confusing. Pussies.
>>
>>50975234

do you want to kill off the NAN?
>>
>>50974819
Better editing. 5e's actual rules are better, though, and there's no longer a disparity of content.
>>
>>50975251
That's just being a retard, though. You wear a fucking coat because not having frostbite is a good thing. Also living in Canada, just someone who actually has a brain.
>>
>>50975093
You and I might be using different definitions of the word goober.
>>
>>50975281
If the thunderbirds haven't done them in yet, then I think they can handle some gliding buffalo.
>>
>>50975292
Another Canadian here; I think he just meant that he wears a coat over his t-shirt. If your coat is good enough, it really doesn't matter if you're wearing a t-shirt or a sweater underneath it.
>>
>>50975292

Nah, I also wear a coat, I just don't feel the need to wear six layers like some people do.
>>
>>50974895
>flying in to a combat zone completely exposed to enemy fire

No way this could go wrong.
>>
>>50975503
layers are for if you are transfering through like 6 temperature regions.
Like if you expect snow and wind, then snow, then rain, then indoors, then snow, then normal wind, then rain
>>
>>50975594

yeah but there's people who wear like six layers just for vaguely bad weather. They're dumb.
>>
>>50975649
even vaguely bad weather can shift on ya
>>
>>50975649
Not as dumb as you think; they can at least correct their mistake by shedding layers. Now, the guy who puts on a parka when it's 5 degrees out or the dumbass who wears shorts and a wifebeater when its 20 below....
>>
What are some good qualities that are 5 karma or less? This is for a burnout melee adept.
>>
So, my group is new to Shadowrun, and I'm trying to build a Technomancer.

I've seen where I pretty much need all the mental stats. (And Attributes themselves are like 2.5x as expensive as skills, making them worth being higher priority than skills.)

5e, so what sort of things do I need to keep in mind?
>>
>>50975943

http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431

someone else posted this earlier, I am just sharing it.
>>
>>50975754
I take it you already have biocompatability?
>>
>>50975754
Mentor Spirit for some appropriate skill bonuses and an extra half power point?
>>
>>50976179
Nah, just Mentor Spirit. I could get biocompatibility but I thought that The Burnout's Way was good enough and it might be overkill to keep trying to mitigate essence costs.

>>50976199
See above. I've already got a mentor spirit and way, all I need to do now is figure out what I should use the last 5 quality karma points for.
>>
>>50976212
Well, depends on what ware you're putting in exactly, but as a general rule you can never have too much essence loss reduction. Burnout and and Biocomp. allows you to have 4 full cyberlimbs and still be magic 3 (essence 3.2), whereas with only Burnout you'll hit magic 2.
>>
>>50976212
other options include Tough as nails, for more health boxes, sensei, so you can train in your preferred method of pummeling, Born RIch to get more 'ware, though you'll have to take a lot of negative qualities to take advantage of that
>>
>>50976285
Yeah, I guess upping the amount of essence I can chop off would help. I'm going for the 'authentic' burnout experience, so hovering at about 1 essence is more than enough for me. There were some things I couldn't shove in without falling below 1 essence, so I guess biocompatibility really does help.
>>
>>50976452
Okay, so really you're a full Sam, the burnout aspect is just backstory and cheap alphaware?
>>
>>50976522
No, I still have one magic, so still an adept.
>>
>>50976534
What are you planning to do with it?
>>
>>50976534
5e, your current magic is checked for whether you can do magic, but your maximum magic tells whether you've gone full burnout or not. So you can have 0/X, so long as X is above 0, and still buy back into adeptness whenever.

This is good for Priority D adepts, or karmagen, where you want to save some points by dropping your essence below the point where your magic hits 0/X.
>>
>>50976765
Well, right now I grabbed combat sense and improved ability with it. Why do you ask?
>>
>>50976808
I know that. As long as I have 1 essence, I'm still an adept, but the moment I go below that I lose everything. What the heck is with this line of questioning?
>>
>>50976835
>As long as I have 1 essence
You said 1 magic before.
>>
>>50976811
Just curious.
>>
>>50976952
Yeah. I'll still have one magic as long as I have one essence.
>>
Anyone ever run a character based on BTL's? Like a nobody who uses the bodyguard chip for work?
>>
>>50976964
Chummer, your current and maximum magic is reduced by 1 every time your essence is reduced by 1.

Did you take like Mag 4 and with 3 points of essence lost?
>>
>>50977061
That's not what chummer5 tells me, friend. D adept, 1 essence, 1 magic.
>>
>>50977074
are you still in CharGen?
>>
>>50977156
No fucking shit, moron, I was asking directly about the last 5 karma for positive qualities in the initial post chain. Never waste my time again.
>>
>>50977074
Before this goes off the rails, did you use special points to raise your base magic to six?
>>
File: CRB 278.png (187KB, 381x562px) Image search: [Google]
CRB 278.png
187KB, 381x562px
>>50977074
>>50977178
>a unofficial program says it works, so it must work
Fuck off
>>
>>50977195
... and this is why you don't raise your magic during chargen when dropping your essence to Awakened soft minimum. Keep 5 karma aside and raise magic to 1 in-game.
>>
>>50977241
Why not use 5 karma to do it in character creation. or use you special attribute points if you got them, since that's what they're there for?
>>
Anyone seen physical copies of Anarchy yet?
>>
>>50977287
During chargen, you have to pay Essence, which lowers Magic - but does not cost Magic.

So you can lower Magic you don't have, but if you try to raise Magic during chargen, you have to account for that lowered value and you get less out of it.
>>
>posts made after I recursively filtered everything
Man oh man, if any of that was aimed at me you're wasting your time.
>>
So how do AI programs/autosofts work at chargen? They just cost the stated essence, right? And is this properly supported in Chummer5?

Pic Related
>>
>>50977771
>posting about how you filtered your posts and are now ignoring [whatever]
Ha.
>>
>>50977858
It's called taunting the moron who was peddling me with worthless questions.
>>
>>50977074
Chummer's been wrong before. An earlier version let me have used cultured bioware. I was kinda squicked out, but I figured it must be true, until I learned that it wasn't.
>>
>>50977873
Yep. They surely could not move on from your captivating online personality.

Whichever questions got you so booty bothered may not have been worth asking, but you are definitely dumb AF. :)
>>
>>50977930
Yep. Stay mad, loser.
>>
>>50977873
Is this level of antagonism really necessary?
>>
>>50977978
When you waste my time with worthless questioning instead of actually answering my original question? Yeah, sure.
>>
>>50978029
You do know you're free to just not answer right?
>>
>>50978029
>waste my time
oh I'm so sorry your highness that we wasted your oh so precious time with our oh so worthless question. I hope you find forgiveness for our actions in your heart

Chummer, you either 1) Are far from playing in which case we haven't wasted jack shit, since you still have some time or 2) Are just about to play, in which case YOU SHOULD HAVE STARTED EARLIER and where you should be glad we tried to help you
>>
>>50977241
The amount of karma you need to raise magic to 1 is much, much more than 5. Try 50.
>>
>>50978084
Yeah, and? I thought they might actually be trying to help instead of being a whiny little antagonist. Too bad I was wrong.
>>
>>50972199
This should be fixed in the latest nightly. Specifically, the problem is that one of the characters in your roster doesn't have a mugshot, and there was a brief issue where the code assumed that everyone DID have a mugshot, so it broke while trying to parse that character. The magic of testing in production, I'm afraid.
>>50978104
Que? The cost of an improving an attribute is 5 x new rating. It doesn't care about your essence loss.
>>
>>50978283
To buy magic from 0-1 post chargen you ALSO need to purchase a magical quality (mage, adept, etc.). However since qualities cost double post-chargen it's bloody expensive.

Not sure if its cheaper to buy 6 MAG and 'ware it down to 1 in chargen, or become an adept post chargen and get 1 free MAG.
>>
Favorite NPC's you've made: Go
>>
File: 136[1].gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
136[1].gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>50977971
Sure thing, friendo.
>>
>>50978496
You CAN NOT normally buy those qualities post character creation and they only cost karma using the karma build method. Since the anon in question was using priorities and had a D, they were already an adept to begin with.
>>
>>50978496
You can't take magical or resonance qualities post-chargen without the Latent Awakening quality, which isn't in 5th. Also the character was already an adept.
>>
>>50978532
>he's still mad
>>
File: thewheelman.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
thewheelman.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I tried to make an AI which gained sentience and became convinced that it was the reincarnation of Jason Statham, Vin Diesel, and Ryan Gosling's character from Drive.

I ended up with
> HEY HEY HEY WELCOME TO CUH-RAZY TAXI
>>
>>50978514
Adept with Master of thousand Faces Power, able to change their entire body to become unrecognizable. Security team looking for a Ork with dark skin? Who cares about the Lightly tanned dwarf leaving the city
>>
>>50978283
That's not what Chummer tells me, After losing 5 essence, the cost to increase magic by -one- is 60 karma. That's seemingly because it treats Magic as always being at rating 6.
>>
>>50978111
Okay steering this back onto track, the issue I think with the burnout and magic rating is the every point of lost essence or part thereof, reduces your current and maximum magic. So unless you have a starting magic of six it willbe reduced to Zero.
>>
>>50978770
The first rule of Chummer is, Chummer lies
>>
File: 5230305973_5b06dd9448_b[1].jpg (202KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
5230305973_5b06dd9448_b[1].jpg
202KB, 1024x576px
>>50978630
>still wasting your time
>>
>>50978773
Not with the power of special attributes. Unless, of course, you're telling me I should have that in the negative.

Moron.
>>
>>50978770
You're still in chargen mode, right?
>>
>>50978283

Hm, in 5.189.24? Or latest as in one you're pushing soon?

5.189.24 still has the crash, unfortunately.
>>
>>50978773
If you start out with 2/6 Magic, then take 5 essence off, that's 0/1 Magic.

Until you start playing, you still have a 'debt' of -3 magic that applies to any attempt to buy up your magic.
>>
>>50978898

Interesting. To add more info:

It was fixed in that I can open characters that have no portrait, yes. But if there is no portrait on the character roster, it eats shit.
>>
If the new edition doesn't have all the background books needed for some classes yet, is it better for a new group to pick up the previous edition or just roll with the newest one?
>>
>>50978835
What animal is that supposed to be
>>
>>50979037
koala
>>
File: 1466759134375.jpg (994KB, 1150x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1466759134375.jpg
994KB, 1150x2250px
>>50979028
4e never made deckers worth a damn, so it's still incomplete. 5e has everything but the technomancer book, though they already got some extra stuff in Data Trails.
>>
File: 14583185071421.jpg (4KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
14583185071421.jpg
4KB, 213x250px
>reading through 2D's storytime
>get to the bit where Dervish goes to the trucker bar in Japan
>MFW I realize that the greatest thing you can do as a streetsammy isn't a spectacular feat of violence
>MFW I realize that the greatest thing you can do as a streetsammy is to choose to solve a problem by social means, and then to ace the following social encounter not by making so much as a single roll of a social skill but by just RPing themselves being themselves out to have some fun
>MFW I'm not sure I'll ever get to know this joy
>>
>>50979088
>4e
>deckers
ACKSHUALLY
>>
File: 58964906_p0.png (1001KB, 1659x1071px) Image search: [Google]
58964906_p0.png
1001KB, 1659x1071px
>>50978956
Hm. I can't replicate it. That segment of code is wrappered in a try-catch intentionally to manage this situation, so it shouldn't be happening. Um. If you open up the character file, is there an entry for <mugshot>?
>>
>>50979028
If I tell you why you could play 3e, I'll just get called 3efag, but it's about as complete and balanced as you can hope for a Shadowrun game to be.
It has a fair few weak points, but it's definitely the most fleshed out, the most balanced and the least mind-bogglingly retarded lore-wise (because it's not CGL). There's one guy in this thread who always blows a fuse because it's not the newest, though.
It doesn't have a lot of the fuckier elements of the newer editions if you stop before Fanpro started messing around (AI, SURGE, drakes, dryads, nartaki, technomancers, God knows what else), but it does fewer things better.
Also, CAPTCHA mistook a bowl of sesame dip for coffee. That's a new low.
>>
>>50979173

Let me zero in on exactly which character is causing it, first. (Could be 1 of 7 or so) Then I'll get back to you.
>>
>>50978921
>Until you start playing,
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>50979206
Until you finish chargen and start earning karma by actually playing.
Costs in chargen and after starting play are different, and in practice it'll start after you're first awarded karma by the GM.
>>
>>50979223
Oh, I see now. I was testing things out a little and got confused by Chummer's huge cost increase.
>>
>>50978843
It was unclear that that was what you had done and some helpful people wanted to make sure you hadn't messed up.

And now you've proceeded to be a belligerent dick to everyone of them, perhaps you need to calm down.
>>
>>50979273
>everyone
Only like, one whiny loser(you) who I don't give a fuck about.
>>
>>50979284
Eat a shotgun slug, dickwad.
>>
>>50979296
>he didn't even try to deny it
Alright alright omae, sorry I hurt your feelings.
>>
>>50979273
Nope, I'm a different person to the one you first spazzed out at.
>>
>>50979223
>in practice it'll start after you're first awarded karma by the GM
Which you can bypass somewhat by saving 5 karma (max 7) from chargen to spend in play.
>>
>>50979323
You can't just retract your statement like that! It's cool mate.
>>
>>50979173

Unfortunately I have now loaded/closed/reopened program every character individually so that they would appear on the roster to try to narrow down which it was, and now it's loading fine.

Maybe I was using the wrong version. Before I tried this I made sure to grab the newest nightly. Either way, PEBKAC.

Thanks for your hard work in any case, yekka. Is there any way I can get you a game on steam or something for your hard work? This program alone has made SR playable for my group of friends
>>
>>50979316
There's at least the guy who asked you questions, >>50979296, who may or may not be the same person, and me, who just gave (you) shit for being an idiot. But don't let facts get in the way of being more of an idiot.
>>
>>50979374
>he's still mad
>>
>>50979316
>>50979284

Can you guys just fuck already instead of shitting all over the thread?
>>
>>50979323
Hey, believe what you like. Doesn't alter that none of your hostility was at all justified and the game of twenty questions could've been avoided by you actually posting a character sheet or at least more details so responses could be tailored.
But hey you sure showed us tough guy.
>>
>>50979390
>no (you) for me
>>
>>50978514

Elf named Shady. Skin is Flesh is black as pitch. Hair is black as pitch. Inside of his mouth is black as pitch.

Wears an obnoxiously bleached 3 piece suit, and bleaches his teeth.

I can stick him in so many roles and its hilarious.
>>
Trying to make a dwarf rigger. I have no experience making riggers whatsoever. What the heck should I do with one? What skills to prioritize? Sum to 10 if it means anything at all.
>>
>>50979606
See this depends on whether you want to be getaway driver or drone wrangler
>>
>>50979627
The droner.
I had an idea for a goofy specialization involving swarming noizquitos but I'm not sure how viable that is and I should probably hold off on the gimmicks until I have a better handle on riggers.
>>
Anyone got any computer programs or phone apps to speed up combat?

Like a program that tracks initiative/condition monitor for all the mooks/players?
>>
>>50979654
You will be strangled by your group.
>>
>>50978514
Paladin, the idiot Troll adept who thinks he's an actual knight. Charges around the battlefield on a moped, which he carries on his back when not in use. Normally uses a Highland Claymore, but also wears Shock Gloves so he can smite evil when needed. Yells out "SMITE!" when he does so.

Donates most of his nuyen to church and constantly hunts vampires. He usually shows up as hired backup when a team needs muscle.
>>
>>50979654
>swarming noizquitos
they've been nerfed, and for good reason

as a drone rigger you have three fields: suppression, attack and surveillance
suppression is keeping the enemy from attacking you or taking action. This may be done with suppressive fire, by noizquitos as you said or by jammers on them
attack is actually attacking them with the goal to damage them. This may be done with some well kitted out murderbots, mini-/microdrones with grenades in them or other weapons
surveillance is gathering information on the enemy. This may usually be done with flying drones to give battlefield information

which of these do you want to focus on?
>>
>>50979733
Surveillance with some attack, probably.
>>
>>50979085
Wow. I didn't know a koala's paws looked like that
>>
>>50979768

Now imagine a Koala that is not lazy, has large fangs, and is carnivorous.

Then you have a Dropbear.
>>
>>50979900
Also carries HMHVV.
>>
>>50979900
Don't forget the magic herpes; slightly more dangerous than a koala's regular chlamydia.
>>
>>50979900
All I heard was never go to Australia
>>
File: browsing 4chan.png (241KB, 512x430px) Image search: [Google]
browsing 4chan.png
241KB, 512x430px
>>50978630

what the fuck did you retards get up to in this fucking thread, holy shit this is some cancer
>>
>>50980419
How about you don't pick the scab and instead post something on topic?
>>
>>50979900

I knew that shadowrun wasn't a world to go to Australia in. Just like every other world. fuck Australia.

Are Drop Bears really a source of HMHVV though? that's fucked.
>>
is investing in the outdoor skill group viable as a secondary/role augmentation thing for a street sam?
>>
File: Ulyana.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Ulyana.pdf
1B, 486x500px
New character, Troll face/pocket-sammie.
Backstory is that she's a Russian-born Vory fashion child whose family got fragged up somehow and now she runs in other countries in addition to a successful fashion career.

Wot ye fink?

(sorry for the ugly sheet, I don't usually print these)
>>
>>50982011
In my experience? No. Outside of Tracking, which has some use for finding people, they're glorified knowledge skills unless your game takes place not in a city
>>
>>50982137
I should add that I'm also cheaping out on lifestyle and pumping up hunting/gathering for the authentic hobo experience.
>>
>>50982154
I guess it really depends on the sprawl and how good your GM is. (not the same guy)
>>
>>50982154
Then yeah, it depends on how nice your GM is. Because none I've ever met has made someone roll to find food. We're playing criminals making thousands of dollars every job, you can afford to go buy a 1nY taco from Stuffer Shack
>>
>>50982132
This needs some work, your dice pools for your social skills are too low, you should be aiming for at least 10 dice to consider something your primary field of expertise. your initiative is abysmal and you probably need more armour to be a functional pocket sam. I'd consider losing the tailored pheromones for a second level troll reduction, focus on your shock gloves and maybe a monowhip for melee (or at least make that a goal, as it's another skill you can ill-afford and they're expensive too), then redirect the stat points from strength and body into charisma, reaction and intuition. maybe add boosted reflexes for an extra initiative die, though it is apparently hard to upgrade so you may just want to mainline kamikaze with an auto-injector until you can get something better. If you have access to Cutting Aces, there's a briefcase shield in there that could help up your armour.
>>
How high do a face's social dicepools need to be after several runs? Is there a point where more dice in social skills would be pointless?

For example I feel like you can only bargain so hard before the other party says "No. You've convinced me to give you EVERYTHINGI possibly can. I simply cannot afford to give any more."
>>
>>50982461
Negotiation is probably the one that you should keep pumping up, as it will to combat higher and higher availability when tracking down gear your party needs. Of course, once you've got a dice pool about three times your social limit, you're going to be banging up against it all the time,past that extra dice are probably wasted and it's time to look at ways to raise your limit, or just other ways to spend karma.
>>
>>50982538
Oh right when I asked I was thinking limit was raised to avoid that problem, but yeah Negotiation for the availability thing didn't occur to me. Thanks, chummer.
>>
>>50982538
I've never actually played a face so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've read, getting a social limit upwards of like 8 with attributes, bioware, and clothing is pretty easy.
>>
>>50982737
which would make the ceiling 24 dice, which is high but conceivable by stacking bonuses, especially one you're in play and can buy your skill above six.
>>
>>50982778
Get a decent Edge pool for those case you really don't want that limit to bother you!
>>
>>50982799
maybe it's just me, but I'd rather save edge for life and death situations, unless I was seeking something with an astronomical availability.
>>
>>50982852
Considering that gear requiring edge to find will quite often make the difference between life and death; it's totally worth it.

And unless your GM sends complications and unexpected encounters at you all the time, any edge spent during downtime will be restored by the time it's go-time for the run.
>>
>>50982852
>maybe it's just me, but I'd rather save edge for life and death situations
I'm probably reading this wrong, but just to be sure: You can use edge to enhance dice pools and everything and still save it for burning if you need to. You can burn edge regardless of how much edge you've spent
>>
>>50982983
oh, yeah I was talking about saving it to boost combat rolls in order to avoid burning it in the first place. OF course at the same time it's important to not fall into the trap of being over precious with them, I have to prod my Rogue Trader group to spend their fate points sometimes (the equivalent mechanic in that game).
>>
File: file.png (70KB, 1175x743px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
70KB, 1175x743px
Hey folks, I'm faffing about making adept powers slightly less terrible. Does anyone have an opinion on how I can make the controls for them look better? The bracketed (0.0) currently indicates that it's discounted by a mentor spirit, which is part of why I'm puzzling out a new UI for them. So, thoughts?
>>
>>50983226
would it be possible to redo Improved Reflexes so it's one power with three levels? It's occurred to me that having it as is could be really annoying if you have a Qi focus comping the cost of reflexes 2 and you wish to upgrade to 3 later in career mode.
>>
>>50983282
Yup, that's already in. That and qi foci being broke as all hell are the main reasons I started working on this branch, actually.
>>
File: dtep25-12.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dtep25-12.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
Has it struck anyone else that it wouldn't be much of a stretch for something like digimon to become a thing in shadowrun? Like, the idea of this weird alternate plane forming on the other side of the matrix, with strange combination AI-spirit-monsters that could be summoned into the real world and have strange properties.

Like, digimon Tamers had a lot of shadowrunesque stuff in it, what with the shadowy organizations and eldritch AI virus horrors coming through to consume reality and shit like that.
>>
>>50984155
The only archetype for Technomancers in 5e that is considered to remotely work is commonly referred to as a digitamer
>>
>>50975084
Isn't it also possible to hit the enemy with the element of "water" ?
Knocking them around like rag-dolls and killing anything electronic ?
>>
File: shadowrun.png (696KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun.png
696KB, 760x596px
>>50974634

Actually it would imply that all dragons are female, like that one species of lizard that can reproduce asexually. Hermaphroditic species still fuck each other and mix genes, it's just that each individual can do both jobs.

I suppose you could say the laying dragon is in the female role and the incubating is in the male role, but then that would imply they're doing some sort of external fertilization, like fish.

I really don't see what the problem would be with dragons just having regular old males and females. They refer to themselves as such, and don't seem like they'd give enough of a shit to adopt a gender identity. They're immortal, so it'd be easy to say they're all just waiting until they're in a comfortable position before they have kids, which could take hundreds or thousands of years, and that's why it's never come up in the setting so far.

What's the source for the asexual/incubation concept?
>>
Is there a negative quality for having an extra visual display of some kind when you use magic? Like your eyes glow when you use astral sight, or you have tattoos that light up in response to magic, or some sort of halo or things around you catching on spectral fire, that sort of thing? What would the bonus be?
>>
>>50984321
>it would imply that all dragons are female

So Dunkelzahn was also the first transsexual president?
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.