[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm currently building my first minis in about 8 years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

So I'm currently building my first minis in about 8 years.
I got really nostalgic for building and painting but I do intend on playing again at some point. As an Xmas gift to myself I got a box of Kabalite Warriors and some building and painting gear. Right now I don't have a codex, but I want to kit them out with the best stuff for when I'm eventually able to use them. Would that just be what's in the pic, or should I go something else?

TL;DR What weapons should I give my Kabalite Warriors?
>>
>>50961362
>TL;DR What weapons should I give my Kabalite Warriors?

Splinter Cannon and Blaster. If you want a Squad Leader, don't bother giving them anything flashy, their upgrades cost too much to be useful.
>>
>>50961362
Splinter rifles and cannons.
Those are pretty much the best choices from what I can tell.
Darklance is good if you want to give them some anti-vehicle,
>>
P.S. the 40k general is up right now and there's a big ol' rules database you can look at.
>>
>>50961423
1 5dude squad rifles
1 4rifles 1blaster
this way you can take more transports, and you want more transports
>>
>>50961362
Shredder is shit since it has no ap.
Most of the other options are decent.
>>
>>50961430
>Darklance is good if you want to give them some anti-vehicle,

Dark Lances are awful since you need to remain stationary to fire them, and Dark Eldar that aren't moving are about to die.
>>
>>50961423
What would you recommend giving the leader?

>>50961435
I'll give it a look! Know it's weird to jump into it without checking out what the rules are like now, but I was itching to get going.

>>50961444
Squads of 5?

So am I hearing Splinter Cannon and Blaster?
>>
>>50961701
>What would you recommend giving the leader?
Don't. Leaders are too expensive for very little payoff. Use those points elsewhere, to buy more dudes. DE are not a forgiving race to play at all. You need lots of cheap dudes and redundancies in your army to be even remotely competitive.
>>
>>50962328
Oh and transports. All those redundant units need transports. Footslogging DE are worthless DE. Spam your opponent with dudes and transports. The only upgrade you should really ever consider for a venom is a second splinter cannon. That's it
>>
>>50962354
Not OP but are Night Shields, Aethersails or Splinter Racks worthwhile?
>>
>>50962474
Nightshields on raiders if they're carrying your archon or a unit of grotesques. Splinter racks are fine if it's packed with splinter weapon trueborn or warriors. But be wary of upgrading transports because the are just about as tough as a kite made of tissue paper. Marines need only stare menacingly at them to explode them and kill all the dudes inside. So why do DE need them so much? Because mobility is your best friend as a DE player.
>>
Take full splinter rifles, put them on a raider with a rack and get buck wild.

its always worth it. no need to upgrade
>>
>>50961701
>So am I hearing Splinter Cannon and Blaster?
you can only give the splinter cannon if you have a 10 man squad, which is rather expensive pointwise and when your transports explode you loose a lot of them (your transports will blow up, they are very fragile, so better have more)
>>
>>50961362
I find it's best to have a theme in mind for your Kabal when you go this route as well.

Mine are based around the idea of a 'clan' from the Saim Hann Craftworld got too into being corsairs and pirates, and eventually became so corrupt that they joined the Darl Eldar as a Kabal (The Forge World book with Corsairs in it has a throw-away line about how if they don't keep a certain level of self control, that can happen). But honestly that's just an excuse to have lots of jetbikes in my army, because I think they look sooooooo awesome.
>tfw I was just reading they got stronger in the new edition.

I use a lot of the spare biker heads for Wyches and Kabalites, as well as the Wych heads wearing full helmets, and anyone with a bandana. I also took a few of the Wyche arms, the one's holding chains with nasty hooked blades on the end, and slapped them on my Reaver squad leaders to help distinguish them, and because it looked cool. Like they were going to latch on to someone and drag them off as they swooped by.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.