[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, guys, today I'm gonna tell you a story that actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault(3).jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(3).jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
Okay, guys, today I'm gonna tell you a story that actually happened just earlier this week.

>we are playing a campaign, where the characters are a bunch of mercenaries/bandits with little moral qualms about how they make their money
>murder, kidnapping, robbery, assassinations - anything that pays the bills
>if you have a problem, we can solve it, provided you pay enough
>and we always finish the job
>actually, that's our motto - "Pay us enough, and we will finish the job"
>sure, we don't do evil shit on daily basis - actually, we are more like good guys, exterminating monster infestations and defending merchant caravans and shit, but, again, we have no qualms accepting more morally dubious jobs
>and then there's Bob, who is played by my mate
>at this point I should note that Bob's player is super serious about proper roleplay - he does the voice and everything, almost never speaking OOC while in-session (and, frankly, so do the rest of the players, mainly due to his influence)
>Bob is clearly uncomfortable with doing bad shit, but he always finds some sort of justification for his would-be actions, that at the end of the day, he is a good guy
cont.
>>
File: maxresdefault(4).jpg (94KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(4).jpg
94KB, 1920x1080px
>>50960265
>so today's session's task for our mercenary group was "collecting" the debt from a minor aristocratic family
>"collecting" in this case stands for "threatening them, breaking stuff and roughing the man and his family up until they cough up the money"
>most of the session we discuss how to approach the problem, then go for a straightforward approach
>we break into his house, break a few things in his house, do the good old "would be a shame if something happened to it" routine, threaten the man at a knifepoint, and rough him up a bit, breaking a few of his bones
>one of the players offers in-character to do the same to his son
>my mate's facial expression immediately goes to reluctant "Are you sure you wanna do that?" mode
>the man's wife overhears that and throws herself in front of her husband, offering her own body to the closest mercenary (who just turns out to be Bob) just so that they won't touch her son or husband
>the player (not Bob - my mate himself) stands up and starts pacing all over the room, muttering to himself manically
>"Why? Why did she do that? I'm not that kind of guy. I have a fiancee waiting for me at home, for God's sake. I mean, this is clearly beyond the line. I didn't sign up for this. I mean, sometimes I do bad things, but I'm a good guy. I'm not a goddamn rapist. Even I have standards.
>he turns sharply to us, looking straight at the GM with his extra-super-serious glare and says "I am not a bad guy. I won't do it."
>everyone in the room is fucking silent
>GM decides to end the session right then (it was already getting late)
>everyone remains silent for a minute or so
>we briefly discuss the next direction of the campaign with the GM now that it's clear there's in-game conflict between party members, but unable to come to a definite conclusion

So, what do you guys think? Next session is gonna be sometimes after the 7th Jan (Orthodox Christmas) and I'd like to discuss it with the GM before that. What direction should we take?
>>
>>50960280
Forget that I'm pretty sure your friend is going to kill the whole lot of you. No healthy person takes an RPG that seriously,
>>
>>50960265
Why would the guy make a good character in an clearly-evil party? Like, before you even start playing the game, everyone should be on the same page about what kind of campaign it's going to be and NOT make a character doesn't fit with the theme.
>>
>>50960509
I wouldn't say our characters are that evil - we are more like a diverse bunch (although, yeah, leaning more to evil than to good), it's just that his character was the one specifically made with "in it for the money, and will get out out as soon as possible" motivation in mind, and to be fair, my mate loves pulling this kind of things on us.
We already had two of these sorta dramatic twists pulled on us over the year - I guess, third time's the charm?
>>
>>50960280
Well, you weren't hired to rape, you were hired to get money and get out of there.

Like, I understand that the dude is intense, but even from a character standpoint, what would rape accomplish in this situation? Just put a knife on her throat and say that it isn't good enough, we're here for the money. Like, I guess raping her would probably make the dude pay, but it would also probably make him bitter, and possibly into a future threat.
>>
I don't see the big problem OP

>moralfag mercenary doesn't want to fuck her
>others call him a pussy, someone else do it
>mission accomplished with little to no problem

he knew what he signed for.
>>
File: Just because you're a bad guy.gif (821KB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
Just because you're a bad guy.gif
821KB, 500x207px
>>50960280
>"I am not a bad guy. I won't do it."
Not too helpful gif.
>>
>>50960759
But that wouldn't accomplish the mission?
>>
>>50960759
The problem isn't the mission, the problem is that now there is a definite rift between the characters. I'm not sure dividing our group into "moralfag"/"not-moralfag" is a good move campaign-wise, and I simply come up with a blank regarding other further plot developments.
Do we let it slide or let it develop into something more meaningful? That's the question.
>>
>>50960265
What a story, Mark.

>>50960280
I assume he's talking about an in-character fiancee? In which case I wouldn't worry too much. Not every player feels the need to have things go their character's way to have fun.

But you know him better than us.
>>
>>50960862
>I assume he's talking about an in-character fiancee?
Yes. He doesn't bring her up much, but she is the reason he's into the mercenary business in the first place. He's basically the "grab enough cash quick and get out of the shady business" guy of the FIASCO type of movies, the one that usually either gets the short end of the stick or comes out of the deep shit smelling like roses.
>>
>>50960859
>Do we let it slide

You let it slide.

I game to drink some beers and hang out with friends, not to play fuckin' Drama Bus with someone who's clearly taking it all WAY too seriously.
>>
>>50960280
>tie broad to a chair
>proceed with previously agreed upon plan of roughening
>>
>>50960859
I think there's multiple avenues open.

A) He becomes somewhat of an outsider. The gang only lets him pull sentry/lookout duty on jobs that may get "messy" until he either decides he's had enough and will do whatever is required or he decides that he's not cut out for this line of work.
>"No offense, Bob. Since that job you freaked out on, we don't think you should be as intimately involved in confrontations like that. Keep watch."

B) Let it slide. Maybe he pushes others towards a more "moralfag" way of looking at the jobs. Votes on which jobs to take or pass become the norm and sometimes he has sway, while others he has to go along to get along.
>"Bob really made me think on that last job. We're not terrible bandits. We have standards (lol). Let's be more particular about what jobs we take."

C) Confront him and either make him conform or tell him to hit the road (make a new character). If it's throwing a huge wrench in the gears, then maybe it's better for everyone if he just pisses right off. If he's willing to get on everyone's level and just move on, great.
>"Bob, I don't think you understand. We're mercs.. bandits. Your moral compass means nothing to us. Either do what we do, or kick rocks."
>>
File: Only Mildly Retarded.png (66KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Only Mildly Retarded.png
66KB, 1600x1600px
>>50960265
>murder, kidnapping, robbery, assassinations - anything that pays the bills

>actually, we are more like good guys
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.