[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are some memorable NPCs in your game(s)? I have two from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Kenku.jpg (162KB, 1000x906px) Image search: [Google]
Kenku.jpg
162KB, 1000x906px
Who are some memorable NPCs in your game(s)? I have two from the current game I'm in.
NPC #1
>Crazy Half-orc Inquisitor
>Talks really enthusiastically about his religion and is happy-go-lucky about everything
>Fights naked while flogging himself in the name of his god and telling his enemies to repent
>We once left a barrel of oil with him and he made us all lick it with him, since he deemed it being holy oil

NPC #2
>Blind kenku merchant
>This guy will always find our party somehow and try to sell us something stupid
>Tried selling us a rusty old dagger saying it was magical
>Picked up a random cat walking by and said it was poison and attempted to sell it to us
>Took out empty bottles claiming they contained poison and wanted us to buy from him
>>
>>50959735
There was a shapeshifting fox that set up shop in a small town in the middle of the woods and sells magic items for super cheap, like 10% the cost, but as soon as they leave town, its illusion falls apart and turns out to be just a bundle of sticks and dirt. When they go look for his stall again, it's gone. The players caught him eventually and got all their money back.

Next time they were in the area, they arrived in "town", it was almost completely empty and all the vendors were selling everything at 90% discount.

They promptly left and found the real town several miles down the road.
>>
>a pet store owner who desperately sold us one of our party members (a psychic goose) as he slowly broke down, before shooting himself as we walked away with the waterfowl
>>
Wood Elf Druid who the party has nicknamed "Don't." Through a combination of decent rolls and the fact that or decently charismatic sorcerer can't really back up rolls with words has managed to shrug off ever seduction attempt from that sorcerer.
I don't know why they like her so much. but they do, and I am glad for it.
>>
>>50959848
Also, there was a half-orc who didn't speak common well, and with a thick accent. Orc jokes are generally black humor, and he would tell these morbid jokes where the punchline is lost in translation.

"There was a woman who angered the chief. She was ugly but strong so the chief put her in slavery in the salt mines. Every day the woman prayed to get out and see her husband again. Then, 30 years later, she was an old woman, too fragile to work, and the chief's son, who was now chief, gave her freedom. She went home to go find her husband, and he had been dead for 29 years from disease! GUAHAHAHAHAH. Its funny! Funny story! You should laugh!"
>>
Shim, the elderly ex-slave shepherd.

He's an enemy. Just a really clever one. He follows the party Sometimes he sets traps. Other times, he sneaks into the camp and swamps out herbs or potions for ones that look similar, but are actually ridiculously toxic. Once, he coated the entirety of a grove in toxic resin in the assumption we'd burn it and poison ourselves. Sometimes, he'll just resort to good old fashioned violence and hit someone with a well slung rock. Once, he set a pile of sheep on fire and stampeded them over us.

We've only just started playing again after a long break. The serious paranoia he induces is.. something.
>>
During a murder mystery on a boat Pathfinder game I was in, one of the passangers was a walrus-man underwater opera star on the run from a gangster called Marcelus Walrus who the DM intended to be a prickly, unfriendly potential suspect but our scottish thief immediatly hit it off with him by answering his sining practice with riverdance and he became our most reliable ally on the entire ship.
>>
>>50960014
>Marcelus Walrus
Kek
>>
>>50960014
Marcelus Walrus sounds like a cool cat.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.