[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/kdg/ /kdm/ /kdmg/ Kingdom Ded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 41

File: Merry RedYear.jpg (212KB, 638x963px) Image search: [Google]
Merry RedYear.jpg
212KB, 638x963px
Old >>50932515

Red Hips Edition

Kingdom Death is a deckbuilding meeple game where you try to gather as many innovation cards as possible to raise your banter, and get new memes.

>which pledge do I get?
none, go away
>add a link to inside the wall
fuck your shitty fan site
>how is shipping handled?
READ
>what new expansions are there?
THE
>why is the game not coming out till 2020?
FUCKING
>what is included in the Gamblers Chest?
KICKSTARTER
>why is this Percival best girl?
Cutest pupper for cutest girl
>what level should I pledge at for the Mage sleeves kickstarter
none of them

>Kickstarter Page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview: http://vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels
>Pledge Comparator & Shipping Calculator:
https://stdobby.github.io/kingdomdeath/
>Miniature Count with bonus statistics:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ujOUYfjTFp3jOx7T4f3wl-KmxBh0hST0Spa2Q3fy2k/edit#gid=0
>>
>>50957022
I'm curious, how do the Kingdom Death devs get away with shilling their boardgame on /tg/, with a general no less? I am working on a couple of things, but I have the feeling that if I advertised it, I'd get my shit banned/muted/etc.
>>
>>50957111
KD has a large following on /tg/, and the hype train does not stop when the new KS went up. The general will likely disappear in a week and merge into board games instead.
>>
>>50957148
It's been around with most of the time since the first KS. It's not always around, but frequently enough.

And don't forget, KD isn't actively shilling, we are, just regular Anons that enjoy the game (or look of the game), this is not official stuff.
>>
>>50957111
Woops, meant to link this to (you).
>It's been around with most of the time since the first KS. It's not always around, but frequently enough.
>And don't forget, KD isn't actively shilling, we are, just regular Anons that enjoy the game (or look of the game), this is not official stuff.
>>
>>50957111
Probably because you don't already have 16,000 people who actively want to hear about it, many of them here on /tg/. You'd probably be better off introducing your games to /bgg/ than making your own thread, at least at first. But in my experience you're more likely to be ignored than flamed, unless your games are already in production/in stores.

Anyway, quick question to owners of KD:M. If I buy this and share it with other groups, will it be a nightmare to keep the box organized? I don't mind that not everyone will have personalized minis, and I know we can keep track of most things on character and settlement sheets, but do things like the innovations and settlement decks have to be stored carefully or can you rebuild everything from the info on the settlement sheet if cards get mixed or moved?

I know several people in the area would like to give this a try if they could afford it, but most are acquaintances only so I don't expect to have a single, regular group to play with.

Alternatively, would it make sense for me to run *my* campaign with a varying group of players jumping in and out from one session to the next, or would it be a frustrating/disappointing experience for me/everyone else?
>>
>>50957022
Question that is most likely wishful thinking- does a nemesis fight end lantern year? I just killed butcher with no spare resources left in town, and he only gives lanterns. what the point in advancing the year with this fuck If I cant actually do anything that year?
>>
>>50957575
everything is kept on your settlement sheet for innovations/building etc. so as long as you have the sheet, you can know for sure what you all have innovated/built/stored etc.

but as far as the cards are concerned, make sure whoever you loaned it to stays with the proper organization or its going to be a mess
>>
>>50957575
>Anyway, quick question to owners of KD:M. If I buy this and share it with other groups, will it be a nightmare to keep the box organized? I don't mind that not everyone will have personalized minis, and I know we can keep track of most things on character and settlement sheets, but do things like the innovations and settlement decks have to be stored carefully or can you rebuild everything from the info on the settlement sheet if cards get mixed or moved?

The one thing I would do is write down the cards in the Innovation Deck before you put things away, as its content changes all the time while playing.
Each Settlement will have its own deck and you definitely don't have enough cards to make multiple decks, and the contents of the deck isn't written down otherwise.

What innovations you have unlocked and what locations you've built/unlocked is tracked on the Settlement sheet.
>>
>>50957589
use endeavours for births?

you really have no innovations that burn endeavours?
>>
>>50957575
>will it be a nightmare to keep the box organized?
Sorting out the innovation and gear cards your settlement has might quickly become a pain. There's enough setup to do already without having to rebuild the innovation deck and decide which gear to pull out.
>>
>>50957625
I guess, just seems kind of strange to have a year where that is all you can do.
>>
>>50957633
I just have a spare spot for gear for settlements that I'm currently playing and sort the innovations deck by have, innovation deck, not available yet. For my most played game but all other games will be very similar.
>>
>>50957676
Nemesis years are not supposed to be good years even if you do beat them. Next year just scrap scavenge or augury forever.
>>
>>50957607
>>50957614
>>50957633
Thanks for the info. I keep going back and forth on this since the first day of the campaign. I like the idea of making the game available to a bunch of people who couldn't have played it otherwise, myself included, but I really don't want to set myself up to regret such an expensive purchase (exchange rates and shipping aren't working in my favor).

>>50957607
>but as far as the cards are concerned, make sure whoever you loaned it to stays with the proper organization or its going to be a mess
This in particular worries me. Maybe I should make sure to be present at all times, if only to act as a rules reference/game master.

Sometimes I wish they'd make a version of the game with cardboard standees so we could get the game experience without the cost and bulk of minis.
>>
>>50957898
most of the cost is the card stock to be honest. Plastic is cheap once the molds are created.
>>
>>50957898
>Sometimes I wish they'd make a version of the game with cardboard standees so we could get the game experience without the cost and bulk of minis.

The printed material is the expensive part of this box. There are literally over 1000 cards in the Core Box, before you look at expansions.
All of them printed in full colour, on high-end poker card stock. The manual is several hundred pages in full colour.

The plastic models, if you remove the cost of the molds from the equation might cost a few dollars tops, not nearly as much as that giant pile of paper in the box.
>>
>>50957943
Good point. Economies of scale are probably more favorable on the plastic sprues than on the hundreds of unique cards, and most of the weight has to come from the cardstock.

I'm kind of hoping Poots will announce something amazing being added to the core box pledges very soon to force my hand.
>>
>>50958015
what to you would be better than a hard cover 230 page manual and a new final boss adding even more content at 50% MSRP?
>>
>>50958009
The card qualitie of printing/paper isnt that higth thou. I consider sleeves a must have and a notable supplementary cost for the game.
>>
>>50958077
My copy is sleeved in its entirety, so I know what you mean.
>>
>>50958033
I'll admit I lost track of all the updates and plan to go over the entire campaign page before I make my final decision. It's been a busy month. Having an extra monster for the same price does sound great, and the hardcover should be especially useful if I end up sharing the game.
>>
>>50957589
>not saving up 1 bone, 1 hide,1 organ before Butcher
I take this is your first time playing.
>>
>>50958759
>Implying i didn't have 4 fucking bone and 1 organ
bad resource draws bro. I was pissed off as hell that it took me as long as it did to get the fucking rawhide set/bandage/innovate to that point
also
>tfw LY4 and no symposium yet
this is fucking hell, someone save me
>>
File: 20161231_124101.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_124101.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>secret farting art
Please tell me this is a typo.
>>
File: Where do you think we are.jpg (231KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.jpg
231KB, 700x525px
>>50958798
>>
>>50958009
Pools should have priced the non mini boxes higher than a benji then
>>
>>50958811
Or on a smaller scale, the cost isn't too problematic I imagine.
It's mainly the Core game that is so expensive to print because of the sheer volume of cards needed.
>>
File: best expansion.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
best expansion.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>50958798
>>
>>50958798
Don't know where you sourced that image but it's either a typo or a shop. Can't be bothered to drag out my book to check, but Sunstalker has no farting, much less secret farting arts.

It's more about vomit. If you want farting, that's frogdog. And maybe Gorm, I can't really recall if that's in the laundry list of biological processes Gorm weaponizes.
>>
3 survibal, 3apathetic. 1 none dagger, 1 bow and cat arrow, 2 qatars, 1 butcher axe. 1 harp, no cats eye circlet. Can I beat kingsman?
>>
>>50959433
Nope
>>
>>50959481
Suggestions?
>>
>>50959511
Acquire shields
>>
>>50959433
Oh look it's Mozgus.
>>
>>50959433
>3apathetic
Why are you even bothering with them? Apathetic utterly ruins survivors. There's no point in bringing an apathetic survivor to a showdown. Babies with zero stats are better.

Actually, scratch that. Send the apathetic survivors at the King's Man. It's the smart thing to do. You want to sacrifice your most useless survivors to him, after all.
>>
>>50959433
You need shields, as many as possibble.

Be aware that you are most likely going to lose without being able to see the HL deck, even moreso if you lack shields.

Consider how much you really want to attempt to win. As a nemesis, his prizes are not great, but the defeat conciquences aren't too bad. You can sacrifice 4 survivors outright and skip the battle, taking the Defeat and lives, you can use four of your worst survivors for an uphill battle, or you can try your best with your best dudes, gambling on the hope that they're enough to get you victory at risk of indivdual deaths.
>>
Can't make shields unfortunately. I've drawn apathetic more in this play through than any other time. One guy has 5 ynderstanding, hoping to pull him out
>>
>>50959726
What about frenzy potion? Would that help?
>>
>>50959726
Thanks anon. I'll fight it through at least
>>
>>50959749
I wouldn't make more than two in an entire campaign.

But yes, they could help since you have useless apathy abound.
>>
>year 3
>1 lion katar
>2 leather head thingies
>1 leather tunic
>1 axe
>4 starting waist cloths
>1 scrap sword
>one last hunt before the butcher

How fucked are we?
>>
>>50960125
I'm assuming you have rawhide, because having leather before the Butcher is absurd.

Scrap sword is nice. The axe will break. You have very little armor for that stage in the game.

Your success will come down to whether or not you've got good innovations, really. The presence of Dash and/or Surge with a good survival limit will make or break the fight for you.
>>
>>50960125
Hope you have four expendables ready to go.
>>
File: 1448558788385.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448558788385.png
98KB, 600x500px
>>50960146
>>50960151
>no innovations yet
>>
>>50960160
If you seriously have not innovated yet then just fucking start over. You have already lost your settlement because of your retardation.
>>
>>50960125
Bandages. Get bandages. Dried acanthus? Monster grease.
>>
>>50960163
>>50960197
First time playing, we crafted stuff with the resources and we got very few bones, which meant none left for innovating (we got enough bones for an axe and the katar, that was it). Antelope ate quite a bit of stuff we had since that AI card ended up on a loop.

We got a tonne of acanthus though, will also make bandages and pray.
>>
>>50960212
Organs for monster grease? You willing to fudge and trade in axe for components? I got through with bone sword, lion spear, and bone darts. Bone items broke, had to manage with fist and tooth, and beginner stone.two of my survivors had mbandsges, 1 had monster grease. The reach of the spear and bandasges are what won it for me.
>>
>>50960212
Just get every single resource you still have in storage out of it before fighting the Butcher.
>>
>>50960260
I didn't throw c the stone, only wounded with it.
>>
>>50960212
If you have one more hunt, go for lion. Hopefully you get sinew and claw for polearm, or, makings for bow.
>>
>>50960339
Greater cat bone and claw foe pole arm. Sinew for bow
>>
>>50960260
>>50960264
>>50960339
I assume attempting a lvl2 lion in a desperate bid to get more resources is suicide at this point, right?
>>
>>50960369
Yah see previous thread for lvl2 lion
>>
>>50960369
Attempting a level 2 anything without dash and a sufficient amount of survival to spam it is suicide.
>>
>>50960369
You can farm lion for resources. Plus if you get lucky during hunt phase harvest the baby lion
>>
>>50960381
>>50960382
>>50960395
Well nothing to do but press on, how hard can it be, right?
>>
>>50960439
may as well save yourself some time and just give yourself -4 population.
>>
>>50960439
Don't worry too much, first time I played we had no clue and we defeated it with almost no armour (as much or less than you have now), an axe, a scrap sword, and maybe 1-2 bone swords. We probably got lucky as hell with the rolls and cards, but it's definitely possible.
>>
>>50960463
Don't give up. Go through the fight so you know what to expect the nextvtime. Trying to learn butcher when he's level 2 sucks
>>
>>50960489
he, I just threw founders stones at the -2 toughness spot using circlet to mob the dude. learned the hard way that letting hack city resolve is pretty bad shit, though.
>>
File: furious scrag.png (471KB, 673x1051px) Image search: [Google]
furious scrag.png
471KB, 673x1051px
>>50961160
Founding Stones don't work on the Butcher as only one location can be critted, and that was only added with the 1.4 errata.
>>
File: Regal Collar.png (705KB, 639x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Regal Collar.png
705KB, 639x1003px
>>50961304
>tfw pulling off a death blow
I fucking came when I actually scored a kill on pic related once. Shit was so cash.
>>
>>50961383
Wow, that is kinda shitty. The Survivor who dealt the Killing Blow is pretty much dead anyway.
Is the Lantern Halberd cursed? If not, then it may be a bit better than it sounds just now.
>>
File: Lantern Halberd.png (326KB, 565x565px) Image search: [Google]
Lantern Halberd.png
326KB, 565x565px
>>50961412
The Lantern Halberd is not cursed. The Lantern Halberd is one of the best spears in the entire game -- and I already had someone halfway to spear mastery when I got it.
>>
>>50961304
oh fuck really? it wouldn't even count as a wound?
goddamn it guess we start over then. this game pisses me off sometimes i swear
>>
>>50961431
That is indeed a mighty fine weap-
>Irreplaceable
Eh, I knew there would be a catch.
>>
>>50957111
Raise 10 million dollars and I'll make you a general too saltfag.
>>
>>50957111
Pshhh
>>
File: cloak.jpg (63KB, 633x613px) Image search: [Google]
cloak.jpg
63KB, 633x613px
>>
>>50958808
We need a KD version of this
>>
>>50962976
We certainly do. But who should be the characters? Butcher in the front and Gorm in the background?
>>
>>50962996
Sunstalker and female warrior of the sun
>>
>>50963021
Replace Cox with tyrant and J.D. with dragon acolyte.
>>
File: 1481538003897.png (277KB, 731x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481538003897.png
277KB, 731x1000px
>>50963076
Why is the Tyrant so best?
>>
This game needs a bobbit worm expansion
>>
>>50963205
There's a nice worm in Lion God expansion, people often overlook it because the rest of the expansion sucks donkey dongs.
>>
>>50961691
AND there's several events that take it away.
>>
>>50963279
Are you thinking of the Bone Witch? Because she only takes away the Guidepost innovation, not the Lantern Halberd.
>>
Kingdom death or dark souls expansions? I have literally trying to decide for 2 weeks. I think this is gonna lean towards KD but... Opinions?
>>
>>50962996
The gambler in background, But her in front.
>>
>>50963655
Butcher
>>
>>50963655
Alternatively make one of them Bone Witch, seeing how much love she gets around these parts.
>>
>>50963643
>ask on a general whether to buy the topical game or the game that ripped it off
>>
>>50963643
What are the selling points? Besides Dancer ass, that one is obvious.
>>
>>50963643
Honest response for you here: have you seen the SteamCON Dark Souls playthrough? If not, then go watch it and make up your own fucking mind.
>>
>>50963681
Her tattooed areola are cute. a cute!
>>
>>50963709
Jesus, I've gotten lesser negatively in /b/. I haven't actually played KD so I was looking for some general opinions and thoughts by fans of the game, and what they thought about DS.
>>
>>50963764
The cool thing is TTS is 9 bucks on steam. You can try KD and see if you like it. I have no experience with DS, but, the ability to play the game solo is a selling point for me. Also it is hard. Difficult, it punches your dick into the dirt. If you like challenge, that is another selling point.
>>
>>50963788
>I have no experience with DS, but, the ability to play the game solo is a selling point for me. Also it is hard. Difficult, it punches your dick into the dirt. If you like challenge, that is another selling point.

If it wasn't for the first bit there would basically be no way of telling if you were talking about KD or DS.
>>
>>50963788
Your the fucking man! How have i never come across TTS!
>>
>>50963820
>DS is le hard meme
>Take off armour and invincible roll/run through the entire game.
No.

Stop being a garbage man.
>>
>>50963847
I honestly have more trouble with old Megaman games than with DS games.
At BB has amazing art dierection.
>>
>>50963902
>BB has amazing art direction.
It sure does, even some of the fanart is delicious (and I'm not talking about Slugbox stuff). Shame the board game version is just a lazy reskin of game that filed before.
>>
>>50963902
>At BB has amazing art dierection.
*At least BB etc.
>>
>>50963788
I typed like I was a fucking Syrian refugee. No experience playing DS; own KDM, and also play it on TTS. I have a prococious youngster that is very curious about the game...
>>
>>50964025
>I have a prococious youngster that is very curious about the game...
anon no
lolis are for headpats and not this
>>
>>50964025
>I have a prococious youngster that is very curious
go on
>>
Is Weapon spec XP mandatory on Ageless survivors as well?

My Ageless survivor ended up with the Twilight Sword. Wondering if I can get it to just before mastery and stop it there.
>>
>>50964025
>prococious youngster
Darku Souru.
>>
>>50964103
Ageless only allows you to ignore hunt XP. Nothing more. So yes, an ageless TS wielder is still going to fuck off when they're good enough. Can't even switch to another weapon in the meantime because Unfinished Business will eventually push them over (or kill them).
>>
>>50964127
Well, shit, there goes Griffith.

Yeah, the same Griffith I wrote about a couple threads back who ended up with Ageless and lost half his party on the year 1 Lion fight.
>>
>>50964146
You could switch his weapon proficiency to something else next time you depart, thus resetting it to 0. But, then you have to worry about him dying the next time Unfinished Business pops up again. It's not a good solution, but it at least has a chance to keep him in your campaign if that's what you're desperate for.
>>
>>50964168
Eh, screw it. The second I research Clan of Death I'm shelving him/keeping an eye on his proficiency and make sure he's ready to go for the Watcher fight. Besides brain trauma, not much that can lower weapon exp I imagine.
>>
>>50964175
If he's not going to immediately hit cap weapon proficiency then you could just bring him along and have him use a different weapon. He won't gain TS proficiency if he doesn't wound with it after all. He'll still be wasting a slot in his gear grid, but it at least keeps him progressing and keeps helping the hunting party.
>>
>>50964191
At most, then, I can raise his weapon proficiency 3, maybe 4 times before I have to stop using the damn thing. I'd say 3, because where I am now (LY4), the Twilight Knight will visit me 4 more times. If half those rolls give me only +1 to the weapon proficiency increase I'm good.
>>
>>50964237
3 also eliminates the chance of death from the training session, too. Just be prepared for lots of gaping chest wounds.
>>
>>50964246
Survival of the Fittest + Silk Surgery should hopefully mitigate that.

(I just fed Isma a venom sac. She successfully learned Death Touch.)
>>
>>50964237
Also, if you've legit got that much time it might be in your best interest to just let him master it and retire. When a TS wielder fucks off you're actually given the option to pass the sword on to a survivor of your choosing. So, get him to 7 weapon XP and have a successor ready to go and train them for the Watcher and let Unfinished Business tick him over to 8.

Otherwise you're just asking for him to die at like LY17 because you've been using him for so long and shit keeps piling up on him.
>>
>>50964268
This is true. I can just ramp it up and have a kid inherit enough EXP to not make the sword useless.

Thanks for reminding me of that.
>>
>>50964047
>Headpats
>Secret Fighting Art
>When adjacent to another Survivor you may spend 1 survival to make them gain 1 survival, remove 1 bleeding token, and stand up (if knocked down).
>+1 on all Intimacy rolls
>>
Anon I get steam kingdom death. It very good. I fight beginner lion at start of game. All my survivor throw there stone and I get lion nut sack and ton of other resource. Then lion get death circle, and kill all of my fighter. I SO FUCKEN PISS. Now I'm at first settlement and trying to decide what I spend my resource to make? Should I make cat bow?
>>
>>50964582
If lion kill all fighter, then who was the resource?
>>
File: And too obvious, too.jpg (190KB, 880x1280px) Image search: [Google]
And too obvious, too.jpg
190KB, 880x1280px
>>50964582
>>
>>50964268
Aaaand the Butcher just made him Frenzy and gave him Secretive. This is going to be interesting.
>>
Wait. Do you mean I don't get resource if my party die? I craft cat gut bow, katar, cat eye circlet, and rawhide shoe and you tell me I don't get that stuff?
I don't understand my English not so good please help.
>>
>>50964724
No, you dumb faggot, you don't get dick. Fuck off back to Italy.
>>
Merda.
>>
>>50964582
>>50964724
I remember this bait.
>>
>>50966626
Do you, Satan?
>>
>>50967187
The Satan Twins remember everything.
>>
Lantern Year 3. Butchered a lion, and came back to find the settlement covered in spiderwebs.

Tina vanished, and despite Shannon's best efforts could not be found. Ezra was purified before the Sun, the clarity of purpose granting clarity of sight (and also allowing her to spot some potentially useful vermin).

That's when Tina's emaciated corpse was flipped in front of Shanon's face. Shanon swore undying enmity to the rasping laughter rattling through the settlement, and will lead our first hunt against the Spidicules.

Felt really appropriate to draw the Silk Storm right as I needed to trigger Young Rivals
>>
Is it SPY-dick-yools or Spy-DICK-you-lees?
>>
>>50967785
rhymes with ridiculous

spy-dick-ou-lous
>>
>>50967785
rhymes with ridiculous according to Adam.
>>
>>50967785
I call it Spider-cules.
Like Hercules.
I know the spelling doesn't exactly promote that but Poots is retarded so fuck it.
>>
>>50967855
I do the same
>>
>>50967832
>>50967817
B-but Anon, that's retarded!
the "ulus" suffix is a Latin diminutive suffix.
So for instance, "minus" becomes "minuscule".

Here it's applied liberally to "spider" to mean "a really small spider". See?
So it should be pronounced like "yools".

>>50967855
A-anon, that's even more retarded!
Hercules is pronounced "kyou-lees" because of the original greek Herakles, where "kles" means "glory" (I looked that up, see how hard that was?)
>>
>>50967970
I am aware of that. If the name had been Spidercules, I'd have known exactly what he was going for. But it's Spidicules, which sounds stupid, so I call him Spider-kyool-eez, because he's a big spider.
>>
>>50967989
For you.
>>
>>50967989
You could say that name is a target for ridicule
>>
>>50967989
Oh I see what you mean now. Fair enough.
>>
>>50959433
I faced down the Kingsman and beat him. Leader (apathetic) got king's step his first turn. The kings curse landed on one of my three apathetic survivors which was fine. The survivors acquired a steel sword. I'm glad I chose to fight instead of just sacrificing four survivors.
>>
>>50969648
>fighting the Kings Man on Armored Strangers
You fucked up son. Real hard at that.
>>
What's your favorite model and which do you hate the most? So far I've never seen a model I've liked more then Screaming God in any game I've ever seen. I'm split between my hate for gorm and frogdog, as well as very uncomfortable with nightmare ram.
>>
>>50970055
Favorite is Spidicules.

Least is Gorm. It's just not very inspiring.
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/599443616/comments

Jesus fucking Christ, what a trove I have found
>>
>>50969862
Armored strangers is 5 sacrifices.

Anon clearly meant he didn't half ass the fight with the cheese strategy everyone uses of "just send 4 people to die"
>>
>>50970430

> Australian man hates Kingdom Death but can't stop pledging!
>>
>>50969862
>8 pop when armored figures triggered
>roll 5 or whatever- 5 best survivors die, resources destroyed.
Duck yah, I'm going to fight back. C'mon anon, I'm not a cuck.
>>
>>50970561
It was a fun fight- would have been ashame to skip it.
>>
>>50970055
flower knight

gorm
>>
>>50970561
He still fucked up by even fighting him at Armored Strangers if you ask me.

>>50970598
Well okay, have fun getting raped really hard in 3 years then.
>>
>>50970709
Explain. The knight will be lvl 2 no matter what.Is there something I missed?
>>
AAAAAH I NEED UPDATES POOOOTS
>>
>>50970802
No he would not be Lvl 2 if you did not fight him at Armored Strangers.
Same as The Hand if you don´t resist him at Regal Visit.
>>
>>50970843
Tomorrow, my son.
>>
>>50970843
Tomorrow
>>
>>50970857
The trade off would have been too great. Would have left 3 survivors for the next year, and all of my lantern scrap. Instead I managed to increase my pop to 15 which gave me new innovation. I chose embrace darkness.
>>
>>50970893
Wait, so you had around 10 Survivors all with 1 Courage or what?
And you would not have lost any ressources as far as I can see on the result list of Armored Strangers.
>>
8 survivors which forced me to roll on the second chart. I got the result that would have killed 5 of my survivors, and, ransacked settlement forcing me to spend any remaining resources to fix damage. Fuck that.
>>
Which one of you faggors is this?
What are you going to do when it doesn't sell?http://www.ebay.com/itm/272505526183
>>
>>50971086
I knew you were a troll.
>>
>>50971277
The first thread was comedy gold.
>>
>>50971086

report and laugh
>>
>>50970430
Jesus fuck,what an autistic faggot
>>
If someone had ~100$ to spend on Expansions, would they be best off with Dragon King + DBK or Gorm + DBK + Something else? If anyone has better suggestions go ahead. It's just I've heard previously DK was in relative short supply in the previous run and ended up being resold for a higher price.
>>
>>50972845
Dragon King is top tier, Id prioritize that
>>
>>50972845
DragonKing and DBK are almost always in toptier.

Dragon King is the best savings on it you're ever going to get, and it's always in high demand so that it quickly sells-out in the webstore when it shows up. Adds a ton to gameplay and a ton of models. (The Big D, Tyrant King, two worshiper models, and dragon armor kit that builds four)

DBK is Poots' favorite expansion and it shows. It's one of the best-crafted ones. It doesn't come with much for survivor plastic, only enough to build two and a few weapons the book introduces, but the armor parts are easy to make duplicates of with instantmold.
>>
>>50970055
Nightmare ram is so freaky.

Frogdog could have been soo much better.
>>
>>50970055
Favorite one so far is either flower or dung beetle knight. The worst for me is gorm and frogdog. The hands on gorm are static and kind of bad looking, and frogdog's pose is boring and awful.
>>
I'm retarded and have some questions about basic game mechanics that are kind of vague.

When do lantern years start/roll over? I mostly ask this in regards to the First Story, and what year that counts as. I thought the year corresponded directly to the fight, but then I read that your first nemesis on LY4 should be your fifth fight. So now I'm confused.

Secondly, how exactly does Range work? For instance, with something Range 2, is the space the monster is in counted? Meaning, a survivor attacking with a Range 2 weapon only has one empty space between them and the monster?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>50974232
Most normal attacks are implicitly Range 1 = adjacent to the monster.
Range 2 is "one space gap" (or standing diagonally to the monster).
Range 0 would be "why are you hitting yourself"
>>
>>50974232
Seconding this question. Been doing it the same way the tutorial went (Hunt -> Fight -> Settlement), but not sure about what happens when nemesis fights come up. Do you skip everything and just do the nemesis fight, or do you go on a hunt, come back, update the timeline and THEN do the nemesis?
>>
>>50974332
I think it's actually mentioned in the rulebook, but there is no hunt in a Nemesis year if I recall correctly.
>>
>>50974232
Alright so let me explain the lantern years.

Prologue is year 0, before you even start measuring time. After you beat it is when you start the game for real, in your first settlement phase.

There is an order to doing things in the settlement phase. In the update timeline step you tick the next unfilled year box. This is the start of that year. Yes, this does mean that the Settlement event technically happens/starts in the previous year, typically the end of the year right after survivors return from the hunt.

The Butcher is considered your fifth fight because we count the prologue's fight.

There are two kinds of distance-granting rules for weapons and they work differently.
Range is for ranged weapons, like bows.
Reach is for melee weapons, like spears.
Both work the same pretty much with some slight differences I can't be assed to open the index for. They measure the range including the monster's space.

The slight confustion for some people is with Reach, for example with Reach 2. Some people would think that it adds two range to your melee range, when in actuality it's the total Reach the weapon has.(all nonreach melee weapons effectivly have Reach 1)
>>
>>50974495
>>50974312
Very helpful, thank you.
>>
>>50974495
>range/reach
An important distinction to note is that range is affected by line of sight.
Reach isn't.
This is counter-intuitive, but intentional, and can be taken advantage of if you plan accordingly.
>>
>>50970055
>uncomfortable with nightmare ram
Someone has repressed tendencies.
>>
>>50975118
I'm not repressed, the Internet fucked all my tendencies up beyond recognition years ago. It's just something I wouldn't want to put out for others to see, like gorm, frogdog, sunstalker, and Griffin if poots keeps the penis tail. I'd rather have models that I could pull out and play with my group without having to think about how they would react
>>
>>50975522
>I'd rather have models that I could pull out and play with my group without having to think about how they would react.

Any people you play Kingdom Death with should know what they're getting into. It's not a game you just break out at a party, it's for meeting up weekly and playing through a campaign. And, if you're playing with a new group, you have to explain to them what the game is about anyway before they'll agree to play.

If you don't like the models, don't buy them. But if you don't want to buy them because you're afraid of what your friends will think about you owning them, you need some less judgemental friends.
>>
>>50975522
I'm with you on this, Griffon and Frogdog are off my radar unless they get significant resculpts. They just feel like the designer was too busy with the human features and genitalia to make the animal structures look good.
>>
>>50975832
The body horror involved with screaming god and antelope, Phoenix, oblivion mosquito(based on the art at least), mountain man and dragon king are fantastic. I love the faces, hands, and teeth covering the models. The dick, vag, and breast stuff just seems a little try hard
>>
>>50976080
Of course that's my taste. Don't let that seem like I'm trying to make a statement on the models for all mankind.
>>
>>50976080
>>50976137
Actually now that I think about it those were the same complaints I had with berserk
>>
>>50973294
Gamblers Chest seems the best option, and also seems like it will have the largest price jump after release.
>>
Today I just learned that for the cost of my pledge I could also buy light bunker from late 30's for a crew of 4, and the land it stands on, tax included.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>50977608
You know that now you have to bomb-proof your minis.
>>
File: IMG_0980.jpg (143KB, 975x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0980.jpg
143KB, 975x599px
Post ideal survivor builds.

Acanthus Knight need not apply.
>>
>>50978101
>2 speed/4+ accuracy/10 strength
Not bad. Needs more armor though.
>>
>>50978101
That is pretty great even more so in 1.5 given Screaming armour replaces Slam with Skewer.

Are masks and helmets allowed together though?
>>
>>50978244
Yeah, ignore me on masks. Accessory rule of course!
>>
>>50978119
4 to all/7 head is fair armor when you've got pretty much infinite double dodges
>>
File: 1387585369067.gif (448KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1387585369067.gif
448KB, 200x183px
Just got introduced to this game by my friends through TTS and they insist on playing the heavily scripted version so I'm having trouble learning stuff.

Do you only ever have a maximum of 4 Endeavors (1 per returning survivor) or do you store them?
>>
>>50978732
Endeavours go away at the end of the settlement phase. While you only get 1 per returning survivor to start with, there are some innovations and society choices that can get you more.
>>
>>50978732
You can generate more than 4 Endeavors via various means and there's no maximum to how many you can have at the time.
But you can't "store" Endeavors between Lantern Years, you either spend them the same year or lose them.
>>
>>50978765
>>50978774

Alright, cool beeans, thanks guys.

I'm gonna try to learn how to run the game by playing the scripted version so I can run a game without it so we can try the expansions and not have to deal with it crashing all the god damn time.
>>
>>50978732
>Do you only ever have a maximum of 4 Endeavors (1 per returning survivor) or do you store them?
Neither.

Your returning survivors will generate at most 4 endeavors by virtue of there being four of them but additional endeavors can be generated by the Tinker ability (+1 Endeavor on return), the Graves death principle (+1 net endeavor on survivor death), the Collective Toil society principle (+1 endeavor/10 population), or various random effects. A settlement that has the Graves principle and wipes out on both a hunt and a Special Showdown will have a whopping 16 endeavors, assuming anybody is left to play with them.

But at the end of a settlement phase, unused endeavors are lost (unless I'm BADLY mistaken)
>>
>>50978101
>Dragon King Campaign
>Gambler Constellation
>Destined removed before it nuked all the insanity.
>Leyline Walker, Grease, and native evasion for a +8 total
> Blast Shield for 2+ Save versus Irridiate/Meltdown
> Sweet Battle for good measure

She probably could have solo'd the final boss despite not being able to dash or dodge, due to ignoring 90% of all incoming damage/attacks and having north of 100 insanity to soak the remaining 10%. So about 200 swings before armor would even come into play.
>>
File: 1483337476508-1521440056.jpg (1002KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1483337476508-1521440056.jpg
1002KB, 2560x1440px
Hallucinogenic venom is a beast. Just drew Aichmophobia at the start of a showdown on my Katar wielder.
>>
>tfw can't fucking name anything
>game asks me to name a settlement and then dozens of survivors
>want to start another campaign
>but can't settle on a naming scheme
Fuuuuuck.
>>
File: 1479246446090.png (38KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479246446090.png
38KB, 500x1000px
>>50957022
Honest question, I might be a blindfag but I haven't seen shit about it.
Suppose I'm a poor fag at the moment, so suppose I can't afford this game for a good while.

Will they sell it on their website or some shit after the kickstarter end?

$1000 is a lot of bucks.
>>
>>50981188
-wait a second...

>coregame disorder
>includes scythes, which only come from an expansion
>doesn't include katanas, that are in core but spec in expansion
>doesn't include grand weapons or twilight swords
>>
>>50981545
>Will they sell it on their website or some shit after the kickstarter end?
Yes. But it'll be at MSRP and not discounted.

The Gambler's Chest in particular is gonna be fucking expensive. Probably MSRP of $250 to $300.
>>
>>50981545
Yes, it will be sold after.

But you don't need a grand to get in. "Just" a couple hundred for core.
>>
>>50981580
Huh. Weird, never noticed that before.
>>
>>50981545
Core game will likely get sold again at retail price of $400, as will expansions for their retail prices.

Not any time soon, though.

You have few scant days to try to get a small private loan. Not impossible if you stress the time factor.
>>
>>50981593
I can't even afford that at the moment. I'm working on saving money too. Hopefully I can afford the base game before 2020, after that I'll grind for the expansions because god knows I want the complete thing, I can't pass that.

>>50981587
Thanks, at least I know I won't be totally messed up for missing the kickstarter.
>>
>>50981624
>2020
The KS is shipping in waves. Core game ships in summer 2017. So you'll be able to buy it probably fall 2017.
>>
>>50981639
Does KS only allow one date for ETA, because Poots really should have entered "2017 thru 2020."
>>
>>50982170
It does only allow for one date for the ETA, so he put the furthest date on there.

He should put a giant banner at the top of the campaign page informing people of the wave-by-wave shipping, though. So many people are confused and turned off by it.
>>
File: man fuck this guy.jpg (17KB, 600x427px) Image search: [Google]
man fuck this guy.jpg
17KB, 600x427px
>>50981580
I can't say anything about katanas or Twilight Swords, but it probably doesn't include grand weapons because they don't need to be sharp. They are big, thick, heavy, and rough, but not necessarily sharp.
>>
Checked the kickstarter and saw that the Black Friday Lantern, as well as a few others, have "Reward No Longer Available" on them. Did I miss something important here, or will the backers still get their stuff?
>>
>>50982305
That just means that all of the spots are taken. It's a good change for KS, actually, to have full pledge tiers get moved below the available ones. Means less clutter for the new pledgers.
>>
>>50982305
Backers will still get their stuff, it's just that there are no more free spots on those limited pledges.
They'll switch to showing numbers if someone leaves it.
>>
>>50982318
>>50982325
That's a big relief. Thanks, anons!

Would adding the dragon king and gambler's chest be worth it? Would try to add more, but that would get ridiculously expensive.
>>
>>50982346
Dragon King is alway sold out and GC is 33% what you'll pay at the store for like 30 models.
>>
>>50982346
The Gambler's Chest is absolutely worth it. An absolute ton of models and a ton of gameplay too.
>>
>>50982360
>>50982365
Last choice is between Gorm and Dung Beetle Knight. Which one is preferable?
>>
>>50982378
Dung Beetle Knight is cool as fuck but Gorm adds much-needed early game variety.
>>
Beat the Spider, but my God does that fight swing. Swore I was going to get whiped for the first two thirds, but then walked away with only a broken has. Sara is missing though. Not sure what happened to her.

Got poison gland, so was able to get Death Touch on the girl who got Aichmophobia, which is nice but cost a SotF roll. Didn't get enough materials to craft new armor, sadly. But Amber Edge looks cool.

So far I have a Lion Headdress, a complete Rawhide set, 2 founding stones, Catgut Bow, Amber Edge, Lion Katar (1), bone axe and darts. What should I go for next?

I could do the lion for a safe bet, and try and get enough hide to make a Leather Crafter and some leather.

I could fight Spidicules again to get the Silk set.

Or I could try the Flower Knight for the first time. But I feel like I want more armor before taking him on.
>>
>>50982460
You need to kill a L3 spidicules to finish the silk set. Plus there's no real chance to make the whole thing unless you get the legless ball.

I notice a distinct lack of Cats Eye Circlet, as well as no Lion chestpiece. You'll want both of those, sooner rather than later. The former just cause it's the most powerful item in the game, the latter for Twilight Sword training purposes.
>>
PDF Linking allowed?
>>
>>50982531
Good point on Cat's Eye. Unfortunately I can't use the Lion Set because it's a People of the Sun campaign.
>>
>>50982531
>You need to kill a L3 spidicules to finish the silk set
Is that a hard fight? Or is it even worth it?
>>
File: cyclops.jpg (62KB, 638x633px) Image search: [Google]
cyclops.jpg
62KB, 638x633px
>>
File: 1482943525526.jpg (67KB, 638x571px) Image search: [Google]
1482943525526.jpg
67KB, 638x571px
>>50983804
Wonder how the actual models will turn out.
Usually a lot of this "animu cuteness" gets lost in the transition.
>>
File: futafu.jpg (58KB, 638x724px) Image search: [Google]
futafu.jpg
58KB, 638x724px
>>50984744
I really like how they look in the preview. Or at least how this one looks.

I'm optimistic either way. KD is pretty decent with it if it's just a monoposer.
>>
What's the word on the gamer's pledge levels? I could take or leave the pinups (my group would never want to use them in a game), but in the interest of game completeness I would love the extra cards; for example I would easily add a few dollars to get the gender swap belt and all other wacky things.
>>
>tfw three leyline walkers on LY2
Naked brigade ahoy!
>>
the base game is 250, how much will it cost when it comes out?
>>
Aichmophobia. Just earned that for my survivor, Hiro. Now he can't activate his spear. Any weapons he can use in core game? Fist and tooth?
>>
>>50985116
$400. Same MSRP as it has been sold at for a year now.
>>
>>50984916
I think Poots said the cards will be available as an add-on.
>>
>>50985063
Stupid, hand-less Lion!

>>50985116
At least 400 $
>>
>>50985122
Clubs, Shields, Grand Weapons and Twilight Sword I think.
And F&T of course.
>>
>>50985122
Most Grand Weapons, oddly enough, aren't affected by Aichmophobia. Katanas, too. And Clubs are of course an option.

>>50985130
>Stupid, hand-less Lion!
Yup, that was exactly it. LY1 Lion got its hand chopped off right after using Bloody Claw on turn 1, so I used the Rawhide Headband and a fucking lot of patience to farm that guy. Really weird to get three leyline walkers, but hey I'll take it.
>>
>>50985126
>>50985130
Is it worth it?
Are the models going to be the same quality as in the photos, or more simple, light plastic crap?
>>
>>50985151
It's hard plastic on par with what GW sells. http://vibrantlantern.com/ has images of the sprues if you want to peruse.
>>
>>50985129
>>50984916
Not as an add-on probably, a store item I imagine, the cards will likely not be ready by the time the pledge manager goes up.
>>
>>50985151
Keep in mind that the plastic models themselves are most likely not what makes the game so expensive.
It is rather the huge amount of cards.
>>
>>50985184
Judging by the fact that Poots was willing to sell the game at GenCON without the models for $100 I doubt that that's true.

Molds are fucking expensive. And he still needs to defray those costs.
>>
>>50985195
I think it's true, but, I don't think Adam appreciated demand. You won't see that deal again
>>
File: ded.png (1017KB, 674x849px) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
1017KB, 674x849px
>>50985157
>http://vibrantlantern.com/
Thanks.

So is pic related made differently, or just painted to look like a statue?
>>
>>50985206
He had a fair number of miniature-less copies with him, he sold 3, and I believe it was $250, not $100.
>>
>>50985212
painted to look like it's made of stone.
Here's the tutorial for it.
https://blackhandpainting.blogspot.nl/2016/11/kingdom-death-stone-effect-tutorial.html
>>
I can't believe it, but this fucker did it again, ana apparently someone was retarded enough to fall for this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingdom-Death-Monster-TWIN-SATANS-LANTERN-Kickstarter-Pledge-/272506590596?
>>
>>50985227
>https://blackhandpainting.blogspot.nl/2016/11/kingdom-death-stone-effect-tutorial.html
Nice!, Thanks. I really like the stone effect.

The $350 pledge level comes with the Gambler's Chest, whay does that actually include?
>>
>>50985220
It was $100. He's repeated the story several times.
>>50985206
>You won't see that deal again
You definitely won't, he uses it as an example of why he won't make a miniature-less version of the game.
>>
>>50985268
Read the Kickstarter.
No seriously, it is the easiest way for you and us.
>>
>>50985282
Sure, sorry. Was lazy.
>>
File: Zanbato.png (440KB, 626x682px) Image search: [Google]
Zanbato.png
440KB, 626x682px
>>50985268
>the Gambler's Chest, whay does that actually include?
A fucking mountain of stuff. The Gambler's Chest currently has the Advanced Kingdom Death: Monster rulebook which has three major new game systems to take the game to another level. Two of those have been revealed, the Philosophies of Death and Scouts of Death systems, and the third is almost certainly the Wanderers of Death system mentioned in the LY3 Candy & Cola addon. And then it has a fucking dumptruck of minis, currently at 27 confirmed with 1/4th of the chest yet to be revealed. And then there's even a monster in it now, although it's a bit of a meme monster but so was Slenderman and that ended up turning out fine anyways.

It is so, so very worth it. Plus it comes with pic related. I neeeeed this sculpt in my life.
>>
>>50985282
Holy shit, just read it, Gambler's box looks like it's super value, All that stuff for $100? How will he fulfil that?
>>
>>50985330
By having calculated a healthy profit margin on everything else this time I imagine.
>>
>>50985330
He's stated publicly that his only goal with the Gambler's Chest is to not lose money. So basically we're getting it at wholesale. It'll probably be $250 to $300 at MSRP.
>>
>>50985324
Cheers.

Ok, final question. How would it be to get a non-boardgame person into this?
i.e. My wife?
>>
>>50985330
Poised to surpass 9m. Oh, anon.
>>
>>50985354
Ask them to play with you through the Prologue, it's a great tutorial, easy to understand and it'll draw you right in...
>>
>>50985354
Show her all the cocks and vaginas on the minis. She will beg to play.
>>
>>50985295
>>50985330
I was not trying to be rude, it was just the best solution, because as you saw, it is A LOT of stuff.
>>
>>50985376
>>50985393
Ha ha, ok.
>>
>>50985354
>Ok, final question. How would it be to get a non-boardgame person into this?
>i.e. My wife?
So, there's a couple of things for and against it. On the one hand, it's intimidating to people (the box is literally the size of a 3 year old child) and it contains copious amounts of body horror and blood and guts and other displeasing things. If your wife is squeamish then this is not the game for her. (There's no rape, though, so at least that is dodged.)

On the upside, the game has one of the best tutorials I've ever seen. It very gently eases you into the game, not overwhelming you until you get a lot deeper in. So there is that.

If you can get her to the table and you don't think she'll be squicked out by it then maybe it'll work out.
>>
>>50985234
Sam Hyde is confirmed pledge scalper. How does he keep getting away with it?
>>
>>50985405
She enjoys all the gore. The tutorial sounds good.
>>
What flavor savior do you guys recommend? They all seem so good...
>>
>>50985512
Which one are you leaning to?
>>
>>50985557
All of them? They all look so good. Blue looks like a farming monstrosity, slap a Lucky Charm on it and go crit on 6's because fuck you. Reds just hit like a freight train, with guaranteed hits and bonus damage, and greens just won't fucking die.

I like them all...
>>
>>50985603
I usually choose green, then blue. Red is just a trap generator desu
>>
>>50985714
Are Frogdog and Gorm the only early game quarries? Neither of the models are that appealing to me but I don't want to spend another campaign fighting white lions.
>>
>>50985985
Spidicules replaces the Screamin Antelope.
I also never get the "early game quarry" complaint, the Antelope is huntable after your first normal Lv1 White Lion.
>>
>>50985985
Oops, didn't mean to reply to anyone.
>>
>>50986041
Antelope is not as appealing risk/reward. Anon, try adding gorm for an early alternative. Spidicules is another replacement like the other guy said. Flower Knight is also another early game monster, but not gauranteed.
>>
>>50986089
Well as I said I don't really like the Gorm mini that much either.
Do we know what node the Nightmare Ram is though? Because that thing looks great.
>>
>>50985406
>pol memes
>on my tg
starting the year off right i see
>>
>>50986214
I can see it being in the same Node as Flower Knight.
The dungeon aspect seems a bit too complicated for a Node 1 / early game Monster.
>>
>>50986214
>>50986334
Poots once said that it was "probably" node 3, but not locked in yet there.
>>
>>50986348
>>50986334
Maybe I should just say fuck it and play with the first hero expansion once we get it.
>>
>>50986214
I was thinking of modifying the baby head making it more pacidermy
>>
>>50986437
Perhaps something like this?
>>
>>50986596
That's a good starting point- thanks!
>>
>>50982606
Yes, please dump the expansion pdfs.

Here's the MEGA for everything.
https://mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ
>>
>>50985340
less then wholesale actually
>>
>>50986694

Okay, cool. I basically merged all the PDFs and bookmarked the pages. Dont know if the bookmarks work in Adobe because i don't have it installed. Either way its been better to use!

https://mega.nz/#!YgFkHaCb!LTRPybJUQcD-1OBWvGnuV1hqS_r4Fm_yq7jxTWwmnig
>>
so who is backing mage ?

it seems to me that if you back at satan level, these are a must.
>>
>>50986970
I am, but, already sleeved core game. Just looking for SE and SL sleeves. I will back out if Adam unveils a solution.
>>
>>50987021
i think adam is pretty glad with these guys, so he doesnt have to deal with sleeves.
>>
>>50986970
Like >>50987021 I already have sleeves for my core game, and plenty of spare sleeves for the gear cards of all expansions, will grab sleeves for the other cards as and when I need them.
however the Settlement Location and Event sleeves are unique, so I backed at a small level to get sleeves for a few other board games I own and added on two packs of both the unique sizes.
>>
File: 1480916701313.jpg (75KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480916701313.jpg
75KB, 768x960px
Update today, get hyped
>>
>>50985234
fuckin twinplebs
>>
>>50987095
He made a comment that hinted at a sleeve offering he was still working out. His words were, maybe jeep mage pledge they might be better.
>>
>>50987126
Never post that shit again.
>>
>>50987224
:^)
>>
>>50987126
Adam, NO!
>>
>>50985324
The third system was already announced. Its sending scouts to Recon out an area, revealing a hunt space before you reach it.

Which is so absurdly useless because you cant exactly skip spaces reliably.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1769703

He mentioned that there were 3 rules systems being added, with one heavily tying into the other. Recon was announced as the other half of the scout system, so it was probably just that.

The wanderers system will likely be separate and just used for promos.
>>
>>50987319
Scouts of Death II is in no way the third system. It's not a system, it's just more stuff in Scouts of Death.

LY3 Candy & Cola being the only wanderer is stupid as shit and even you know it.
>>
>>50987107
>in a thread where we always fucking tell the newbs to read the fucking kickstarter
>backs a kickstarter without reading it
You are a dumbass. The 200 level is the ONLY one that gets location/event sleeves.
>>
Opinions on which are some of the better expansions if I have to be a bit choosy with which ones I get?
>>
>>50986245
All is white, all is right my friend.
>>
File: JPf2SIW.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
JPf2SIW.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50987520
Gamblers at the top of the list. It expands vastly on the core game. Its basically a 1.6 version. It also changes how some of the innovations work, as we know that your Conviction causes you rawhide armor to change and also unlocks unique crafting recipes that only that conviction can get. Also hybrid armor sets are always a nice thing.

After that are Node 1 or 2 monsters. They add some early game variety that helps improve gameplay. As much as people complain about the lack of Node 1's, 1 and 2 are basically interchangeable. Frogdog will likely be the best option though, because it has 3 armor sets that can be crafted from it, which is nice. Note that while its not TECHNICALLY a Node 1 monster (and doesn't have a node at all from what I can tell) the First Hero also falls in this category, as he lets you skip the early game white lion grindfest entire, instead of just making giving more options other than white lion.

Dragon King and Sunstalker have variant campaigns, should grab one of them but probably not both. Dragon King is about making the BEST SURVIVORS POSSIBLE through constant upgrading of them, while Sunstalker is about spending 20 years to prepare a team to go through 5 back to back fights without losing.

Everything after that is just gravy on the delicious meal that is Kingdom Death, but Dung Beetle is easily the highest rated out of them.
>>
>>50987513
No Anon, I am not a dumbass, I read the KS page better than you did, that much is obvious.
I added the required $18 to get two packs of each as add-ons to my pledge.

Check for yourself, but the two unique KD sized sleeve packs are available as separate add-ons, and since those are the only ones I really need I took the lowest pledge for a few packs and added them on add-ons, which I might add, are entirely independent of the selected pledge level.

I took a low pledge simply to get access to those add-ons, correct, but I am well aware that I do not get them included.
>>
>>50987513
> For the new backers we repeat that Undead pledge level = Satan pledge level.

???

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magecompany/mcg-premium-sleeves-and-accessories/posts/1774020
>>
I just decided to say fuck it and go for all the game play stuff. Gonna sell what I don't like online for just shy of the retail value later on. Also UPDATE!
>>
GC gets bonus: Neko Twilight Knight
Super Survivors now have game content with a Super DBK showdown and upgraded saviors, indication of more coming.
Preview looks like Male Neko TK?
>>
>>50987730
Cat pinup is alright, the dragon ball stuff is all meh
>>
~Update is up
>>
Good update ~!
>>
OF FUCKING COURSE ITS THE DUNG BEETLE KNIGHT

OF

COURSE
>>
>>50987701
If you take the Undead Pledge level, you'll have enough sleeves to do an entire Satan level KD pledge.
>>
Preview might actually be a promo. The pose doesn't look to be particularly sensual, so it probably isn't a pinup. Definitely not an expansion, though, due to the coloration (expansion teasers have all been black background).
>>
>>50987806
I'm going to remove the face from the model. It creeps me out
>>
>>50987813
Male neko
>>
>>50987806
Perfect Dung Beetle Cell is best Cell.
>>
>>50987854
Its pretty clearly a moth anon.... its the Oblivion Mosquito.
>>
File: anticipation.jpg (15KB, 264x141px) Image search: [Google]
anticipation.jpg
15KB, 264x141px
>neko TK
>>
File: Tail Spotted.jpg (100KB, 639x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Tail Spotted.jpg
100KB, 639x1038px
>>
>>50987923
see>>50987976

It's got ears and a fuzzy tail. I think it's a male neko knight
>>
>no autistic REEEEEEEEs yet because yet another Twilight Knight Pinup
>>
>>50987976
>>50988019
Bigger, wider based ears, I am guessing we're looking at a Kitsune Twilight Knight (ie. fox girl).
>>
>>50988019
Has the Twilight Knight ever been depicted with a shield, though?

It's certainly something fuzzy, but I'm not convinced we will see yet another Twilight Knight model, you know?
>>
>>50988053
Messenger of Courage is a young Link as a Twilight Knight and has his shield.
Beyond that, there's the Order Knight, which is also essentially a Twilight Knight, but with a different purpose, he has a shield too.
>>
>>50988053
Order Knight TK had a shield. So did fem Visionary, though, and we know we're getting Visionaries in the campaign.
>>
File: dude why are you eating that.jpg (44KB, 349x467px) Image search: [Google]
dude why are you eating that.jpg
44KB, 349x467px
Im so glad he went with cell for inspiration and not the dumb ones like buu or frieza
>>
File: IMG_0159.png (222KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0159.png
222KB, 480x452px
>>50988052
>kitsune
/pfg/ LEAVE
>>
>>50988019
>>50987976
Its clearly a ringtail fox :^)
>>
>>50988052
>Kitsune Twilight Knight (ie. fox girl).
I can only hope. If we get fox stuff it might lean however slightly to the last big surprise being Ringtail Fox (For which we already saw fox survivors with fox-ear hoods)
>>
>>50987808
yes, plus location and event cards. so i dont know what that anon i responded to was smoking.
>>
>>50988175
They were saying that the only pledge level that includes those is the undead pledge... which is exactly what you said.

And technically thats correct, but they are still an addon.
>>
>>50988175
Because you can get the Settlement sleeves as add-ons as well if you have a level that doesn't include everything for a Satan pledge.

And since those 2 types were the only ones I really needed from that KS.
I backed at a lower level to get some sleeves for other board games and added the Settlement Sleeves as add-ons onto that pledge.
Which works perfectly fine.

Like I said Anon, learn to read the KS.
You're too focused on that single pledge level, that indeed gets them "for free".
But they're also Add-ons, even listed as such on the main page now.
>>
>>50987976
It's a Black Knight male pinup guys.
>>
>>50988120
Shut up faggot Freezer is best DBZ villain.
>>
File: oh GOSH.gif (363KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
oh GOSH.gif
363KB, 480x270px
> only 13,000 until we blow Exploding Kittens the fuck out
>>
>>50988620
And then no one will ever have to talk about a mediocre meme game and it will be SO NICE.
>>
So, we gonna get Buu on 9 Mil?
Is he gonna keep adding goals?
>>
>>50988753
I still want First Hero Beyond God
>>
>>50988753

If its gonna be a frogdog im gonna slap poots
>>
>>50988753
Its going to be either young survivor as Gohan or old survivor as Mutenroshi.
>>
>>50988753
I'm expecting an Over 9000 joke. Nappa Manhuter maybe?
>>
>>50989208
No please enough DBZ shit already.
>>
>>50989284
It's at the bottom of the DBZ stuff in the update, and it's called Power Level 9,000,000. It's definitely more DBZ shit.
>>
>>50989284
You are a retard if you think the thing saying POWER LEVEL 9,000,000 isn't a DBZ reference.
>>
why the fuck couldnt he pick literally anything else?

>basic survivors as highschoolers.
>cheerleaders
>YOUNG
>OLD
>or maybe just link and guts again.
>>
>>50989515
>basic survivors as highschoolers.

Complete with Principal Gold Smoke Knight?
>>
File: muh diq.jpg (404KB, 700x2581px) Image search: [Google]
muh diq.jpg
404KB, 700x2581px
>>
File: aF7DOUs.gif (294KB, 364x363px) Image search: [Google]
aF7DOUs.gif
294KB, 364x363px
>>50989638
>>
File: aztec_warriors_by_byzantinum.jpg (130KB, 900x697px) Image search: [Google]
aztec_warriors_by_byzantinum.jpg
130KB, 900x697px
Okay so... I'm going to be buying into this game at long last

I've been told to get Dragon King because it's not available very often, and of course I'm picking up that sick gamble crate --- what are the other must have addons?

Specifically addons that make the game feel like it is an auto-include and or changes the face of the game drastically to extend replayability.

Considering pianting everything up and modifying them to be mezo american history and folklore
>>
There's a 777 going up in 2 minutes
>>
>>50989873
Sunstalker adds a new (albeit particularly brutal) campaign, and Spidcules, Gorm, and DBK all have lots of content. Can't say much about the new ones other than quarries generally add more than nemesis monsters.
>>
>>50989873
See (>>50987672)
Gorm for a new early game (very important for the number of times you will end up resetting)
Same for Frogdog.

Sunstalker for new campaign, or for a Node 4 to hunt during your dragon campaign (unless you want to hunt dragons during it like those sick fucks at Darker Days)

Dung Beetle takes the best weapon in the game and makes it EVEN BETTER.

Lion Knight is amazingly fun and Hybrid Armors are amazing if you are hunting core game quarries.

Lion God is crap, stay away from it.
>>
>>50990006
>albeit particularly brutal
Eh. The only negative to it is that you can't use Node 1 monster sets, and no Legendary monsters because you can't obtain Forsaker Mask before Year 20, and after that you can't hunt Legendary monsters anyway.

Reading through it, it SEEMS harder than core, but all together it's much easier to do IMO. Yes you are stuck with Survival of the Fittest, but you get flat bonuses to your roll. You just gotta build for Face Paint, and save your love juice to pump out 10 babies in 1 year, instead of 1 baby every 10 year.

The "Nemesis loss = campaign wipe" isn't as bad ass it sounds, because the earliest that can happen is Year 20, which is the endgame boss rush.

Heavy Armor not being allowed is annoying for early game because of Lion and Gorm sets, and not having access to Encourage FUCKING SUCKS but the replacement for it lets you start hunting stronger monsters super early in the game.
>>
>>50989984

What do you mean?

Do you guys swap packages with each other?

If Anyone out there has a blackfriday bundaroo with the basegame and the chest, I'd like to see what I can do to get one?
>>
>>50990264
Well we could make a deal. Do you have a thong and a couple lanterns?
>>
File: genetal status DISQUALIFIED.jpg (266KB, 1494x983px) Image search: [Google]
genetal status DISQUALIFIED.jpg
266KB, 1494x983px
>>50990097
>>50990006
Thank you very much

Yeah I am in love with Dung beetle aesthetically, but hearing that it is an amazing expansion I might just have to toss him on the heap.

I loathe gorm, so hopefully froggodoggo will suffice.

As for sunstalker, I was on-board with it's design the moment it was spoilered from the original campaign

Lion knight was not on my rader, but now it is... Can you elaborate on the "fun" aspect it brings to the table?

Also if anyone out there cares to move me on why Gorm is such an integral addon, I will gladly consider it. -- optional discussion
>>
>>50990363
Gorm adds a significant amount of early game content. It's quite nice if you are sick of the white lion.
>>
>>50990247
>the earliest that can happen is Year 20
All it takes is the butcher going infinite on you once and it's back to the tutorial lion for you. My group's last campaign had that and also our very first kings man ended in a party wipe.
>>
>>50990400
>>50990363
The gorm is only truly integral if you're planning on crafting the green knight armor, otherwise it's just something that's not the lion or antelope to fight.
>>
>>50990427
>being in LY20
>not having a fucking rawhide headband yet to control the AI deck
You deserve to get sent to the tutorial lion because you clearly don't know HOW TO PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

Also you can just not fight the butcher. The Hand is the ideal monster to fight because you can use stall tactics on all 3 levels of it, and just let the fight time out.
>>
>>50990511
>>
File: come find me.png (3MB, 1563x1436px) Image search: [Google]
come find me.png
3MB, 1563x1436px
>>50990360
I can oblige that request

message me: sophisticatedidiot at yahoo

So what do you have to offer me?
>>
>>50990511
We did have it and used it to ensure we got rid of one kick. Then we got his AI deck down to three cards, and went all-in with our lion armor katar-weilder. They proceeded to roll extremely poorly and only landed tow hits even after surging. Want to guess what the last card in his deck was?
>>
>>50990476
what's green armor and why should I care?
>>
>>50990736
It's an "expansion" consisting of two minis and a handful of gear cards. It's the current best armor in the game, but you need materials from multiple monsters to craft it. You probably don't need to care about it since unless you base your entire campaign around being able to craft it, you'll never see it.
>>
>>50990893
No offense but that sounds like a pretty shit concept... however it's existence validates going all-in, and thus I appreciate that they even offer it -- BUT it should be free if it's that fucking difficult to even utilize it.

>in order to win the hardest modes of the game, do the hardest fetchquest imaginable
>btw, pay me.
>>
>>50991017
It was also an expansion that cost like $25, because it's literally 1 sprue and like 6 or 7 gear cards.
>>
>>50991069
I'll join a tabletop camp that focuses on it, but there's no way in hell I'll dump 25 bucks on a single hand of cards and one tiny kit.
>>
>>50991104
Poots normal price for a single miniature is $25, so this was relatively cheap given that it is 2 minis.
>>
>>5099026
Stay away from my package you faggot
>>
>>50991017
>in order to win the hardest modes of the game, do the hardest fetchquest imaginable
You don't even need it, it's overkill for most things and still doesn't save you from rolling 1 on a table and dying instantly. It's more like "Do the hardest fetchquest imaginable, just to say you did."

>>50991069
That's it's normal price, it's $15 right now. If you think of it as a 2-for-1 pinup set with bonus game cards it sounds much better than an ultra-late-game micro-expansion.
>>
>>50990736
Its the beta version of the Death Armor expansion.
>>
>>50990360
>>50990264
>>50990604
Okay so like, there was a black friday lantern available, and I clicked add it but it instantly said there was something wrong

Does the quanities available update on a set time or is it in real time? I will spam refresh until I get it

If anyone has any more info or wishes to offer up a trade, I'd greatly appreciate it!
>>
>>50991017
Almost every single piece of the armor is really good on its own already.
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-02+at+05.03.05).jpg (326KB, 1065x778px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-02+at+05.03.05).jpg
326KB, 1065x778px
>>50990736
Forsaker and Antelope masks not required, but you would be stupid not to include them.
>>
>>50991213
>That's it's normal price, it's $15 right now. If you think of it as a 2-for-1 pinup set with bonus game cards it sounds much better than an ultra-late-game micro-expansion.

It was $25 on KS1, I have two sets, because they're gorgeous models.
>>
>>50991273
Someone snagged it. Get back to the F5 camp
>>
File: 50 dollar idiot taxation.png (56KB, 1575x503px) Image search: [Google]
50 dollar idiot taxation.png
56KB, 1575x503px
>>50991389
So f5 works? That's more or less what I want to confirm.

Also did that 777 bundle go up? I have roughly 1000 dollars to spend on this, but I forsure thought the basic black friday lantern pack was a good base to start adding on my selecting of items.

And considering I've never done a kickstarter before.... Do they allow you to buy packages and cancel them so long as the KS is active? What happens when the campaign is over and I want to cancel?
>>
>>50991455
Two 777s went up apparently. Just camp f5- that's how I got my 1666 back. If you're going to be away from keyboard check out fastbacker.
>>
>>50991455
Note that the 777 bundle does not have the core game in it.
>>
>>50991514
>>50991570
danke <3
>>
>>50988128
The legend spreads far and wide!
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.