[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I used to be pretty salty about age of sigmar. Two of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1482708516358.gif (993KB, 924x507px) Image search: [Google]
1482708516358.gif
993KB, 924x507px
So, I used to be pretty salty about age of sigmar.

Two of my cousins wanted to get into fantasy so I got them two sets of the get started boxes for christmas this year and after I got all the pdfs on my ipad and helped the two tards build everything I had them playing vs each other in the afternoon.

I realize now that age of sigmar is for them and not really for the older hobbyist like myself. fuck I feel old. I think im going to bite the bullet and go for AoS myself.
>>
>>50954473
How old are your cousins? WHFB was a mashup of all sorts of fantasy and historical-themed shit that was pretty much a love letter to wargamers of all stripes. I would say AoS is certainly more accessible to newer audiences, for all its faults, which is probably why GW broke it out.

The sad thing is less than a year after AoS dropped we started getting shit tons of decent Old World vidja like Vermintide and Total War which could have had a Dawn of War effect on the popularity and revitalised the line.
>>
i'll always be salty about it

they killed over 30 years of awesome lore, cool models, and evolving rules just so they could make it more like 40k. i lost my favorite faction, tomb kings, a bunch of my friends lost their favorite faction, brettonia, and what factions remain are shadows of their former selves.
>oh yeah archaon can still be good guish!!!
>lizardmen are actually seraphon btw guys!!!
>[s]space[/s]sigmarines are the new main characters!!! pls buy our new models!!!
fantasy lore was why i played. they killed that. i get that i can still just use aos rules with the old lore, but it just doesn't feel the same. i'll always be a bit salty until they bring back the lore.
>>
>>50954533
They are 14/15

I get that GW was like hey fuck it licence the fuck out of warhammer but all this makes me do is want to play old world. I love total war warhammer.

>>50954565
I made fucking sure my tard cousins did not touch sigmarines. God damn that shit looks so fucking stupid in the store.

not gonna lie though the seraphon models look super nice and I want to paint them
>>
>>50954592
i can't deny those models are great, thank god for how easy it is to make square bases
>>
>>50954646
mind sharing where you get your square/rectangle bases anon?
>>
Although I'm not a fan of the rules too much, I can live with them.

What I miss from wfb to AoS is the fluff. Wfb was all grim, believable to an extent, pseudo sensible fantasy.

AoS is all super golden space mar- storm cast and bright colours and mighty heroes.

Don't even get me started on the new art. Art is SO important to the hobby but they're just spewing projectile diarrhoea everywhere.

Give me my grin dark back :(

Disclaimer: I understand why GW changed from a business perspective and would do the same in their position, more or less. I just wish they hadn't.
>>
I feel that the game lacks depth. I don't want it to be as deep and complicated as 40k or WFB but it is still lacking something.
>>
>>50954565
The good thing is that GW can't ruin the old world now. Look at all the retarded retcons 40k went trhough in recent years. It's actually worse than fully axing imo. That said, AoS is probably the worst setting I have ever seen in my life. BUT the rules are an improvement imo and I can just pretend my battles are set in the old world. Also the SCE and Sylvaneth are pretty good releases.
>>
>>50954473
>I realize now that age of sigmar is for them
>not really for the older hobbyist like myself.
> I think im going to bite the bullet and go for AoS myself.
Let's analyze that.

>not really for ... myself.
> I think im going to ... go for AoS myself.
Shilling, and bad shilling at that, fuck off entirely
>>
>>50954565
fantasy lore was why everyone played.
the problem is GW make no money on you just playing .
just look at the fantasy thread and the 200 generals before that.
EVERYBODY is so PROUD they didnt give gw a SINGLE cent in all of 7th and 8th, but that is the very reason why they made aos.
I hate AoS but I hate even more grognard with 20 years old unpainted minis that complain about everything and never ever buy something because it isnt a "glorious" 80' sculpt.
the fanbase literraly killed whfb. i hate my fanbase. i was dropping between 1 to 2k a years, i did my part but most didnt and thats why we are here with shitmar
>>
>>50960724
This is the problem with this hobby.
You get forced into a love/hate relationship with Corporate Overlords.
If you complain, and don't give them money, then somehow it's YOUR FAULT when the thing that you (only kinda) liked actually goes away, to be replaced with something you (only kinda) like even less.
>>
The problem with AoS isn't the rules or the fluff or the models or anything else about it, the problem with AoS is that GW, for some fucking reason, thought it was a good idea to try and market it as a continuation of WHFB, as a new take on the game, as the games next evolution. But the two share basically nothing in common. Yes Sigmar is around and the chaos gods and a few other things but the actual themes that AoS wants to explore are nothing like WHFB. The actual rules are in a similar situation. GW should have stopped making WHFB and then come out with a new game. Instead, they replaced it with something that could never replace it. Now when people look at AoS they don't see 'GW's new game' they see 'What Warhammer Fantasy has become'.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.