[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead Space: Mutation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 269
Thread images: 82

>What's going on here?
Dead Space inspired stories, discussions on model conversions and theme lists for tabletop armies, and ideas for home brewing a Dead Space system or system adaptations for existing systems.

>THE STORY SO FAR
>Jukebox pastebin
http://pastebin.com/u/jukebox
>Zaeed Space
http://pastebin.com/01WBnq1m
>Isaac's Bizarre Adventure
http://pastebin.com/Qr7TCQN7
>Doomed pastebin
http://pastebin.com/u/Scathis

Any ideas for further DS inspired TTRPG shenanigans are welcome, the floor is open for discussion.

Old thread
>>50872592
>>
File: 1482336693844.jpg (87KB, 470x760px) Image search: [Google]
1482336693844.jpg
87KB, 470x760px
FIRST!
>>
>>50944677
>Dead Space: Mutation
Why do I have the feeling that this would be a great title for a spin-off game with adapting Necromorphs?
>>
File: Feeders and Fodder.jpg (2MB, 1414x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Feeders and Fodder.jpg
2MB, 1414x2000px
>>50944970
Or maybe a new element for the game everyone's cooking up

then again, that just sounds like fodder
>>
>>50945129
Alternatively the MC is a Feeder that still retains his personality and intellect.
>>
Another bump for interest
>>
File: MIKEY.jpg (35KB, 703x703px) Image search: [Google]
MIKEY.jpg
35KB, 703x703px
>>50945821
whoa now what the hell is that
>>
Give me a few moments to compile idea dump for a Ded Space tabletop
>>
File: 1466545104900.jpg (65KB, 554x476px) Image search: [Google]
1466545104900.jpg
65KB, 554x476px
>>50945821
Wait, what?
>>
File: and I was never happy again.gif (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
and I was never happy again.gif
2MB, 1200x675px
>>50945821
> space suit
> nothing connecting the helmet and body
> ponytail

Just for once could someone design a female character armor that is distinct without being retarded to the point of uselessness?
>>
>>50945821
Vandal had a sexier suit.

Also pity the devs never made something like a Necromorph Hunter R.I.G.
>>
>>50946316
I doubt people would be happy to see something like that in universe. Kinda like the Undead Legion Dark Souls 3.
>>
the praetorian entered the chamber suddenly after hearing his screams. "Is everything alright?" the praetorian suddenly spoke startling isaac."yeah... but why are you suddenly speaking?" asked isaac
"because i realized" he took off his helmet "that i couldnt tell you how i love you" and then he grabed isaac and kissed him. After the comtact between the two broke isaac said "yes, i love you too" and kissed him back.
>>
>>50944759
Am i the only one who thinks that spacesuit looks really comfy?

"You're goddamn right I have a stand, but it's dangerous, and I'm smart enough not to assume I can control it." Isaac spoke quickly, describing the Marker and it's abilities.

"And that's your [STAND] now?" Was the first thing out of Jotaro's mouth, Isaac having finished his description.
"Wait a sec, that's your first question? Most people wouldn't be so quick to believe me."
Jotaro cleared his throat before looking Isaac in the eye "Ten years ago I travelled across the world, using my psychic powers to fight the hired assassins serving an immortal vampire who could stop time. I find your story implausible, but you seem to be honestly freaking out about this so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt." Jotaro adjusted his hat, mouth a thin line as he began explaining to Isaac.
"As of now the only known way to destroy a [STAND] is to either continually attack it with an exceptionally powerful and fast [STAND] such as my [STAR PLATINUM], or kill the [STAND USER], however some [STANDS] persist beyond the user's death, such as the [HIGH LIFE]. Considering your [RIAC] used to be one of those [MARKER] things, if any [STAND] would persist after the user's death, I'd bet on your [RIAC] being one of them."
"Shit." Isaac's gaze turned downwards, eyes steely with determination. "So the safest thing to do for now..."
"Is to control it, use it responsibly, And watch it for any signs of danger."
>>
File: and then they kissed.jpg (7KB, 239x152px) Image search: [Google]
and then they kissed.jpg
7KB, 239x152px
>>50946494
masterpiece
>>
File: 1482107112009.jpg (90KB, 759x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1482107112009.jpg
90KB, 759x1052px
>>50945821
Wut?
>>
>>50946354
Depends.

>Take Unitologist R.I.G.
>Add some scrap to it.
>Add mutated skulls to knees, as pauldrons and a Brute Skull for the chest.
>Add Slasher blades to the back.
>Turn the light of the R.I.G. into orange.

Would be cool looking though.
>>
>>50946583
Cool? Yes, yes it would be. Rather inappropriate around infestation survivors though, not to mention other Unitologists. Isaac wearing it anyways as a fuck you to everyone around him would make sense though. Honestly surprised that he didn't have one in DS3.
>>
File: 1474589147857.jpg (76KB, 700x484px) Image search: [Google]
1474589147857.jpg
76KB, 700x484px
>>50946494
Kek
>>
>>50946509
Nah man, looks comfy to me too.
>>
>>50946669
Also add a 3x speed to reload and attack speed/damage as well as a 95% damage resistance.

Bonus if the Brute Skull Chestplate has FUCK YOU written all over it.
>>
>>50946509
Or...Star Platinum the shit out that thing and reduce it to soul dust.
>>
>>50946729
The Brute skull is just a disfigured human though...and it would paste itself outside the Markers signal.
>>
>>50946763
Not unless you boil away the flesh from it and the other Necromorph skulls though...
>>
>>50946798
I guess that could work, bleach white bones all over the squiggly creepy armor of a death cult. Pretty intimidating. Hell just imagine the faces of the ME crew finding Isaac wearing that thing, he's just standing at the end of a hallway walking towards them.
>>
>>50946509
Honestly in my opinion Winter suit much comfier looks. All those little details, hot dayum.
Although I love how EVA suit makes a shielding when you are in airless space. It's all in such fucking little details.
>>
>>50946743

That would Kill Isaac.

If you could harm [RIAC], but according to the stats that anon gave [RIAC] it's indestructible.
>>
>>50946932
Sooo...Isaac goes on a grand adventure to toss his body into a volcano. Best he could hope for is dropping his corpse on an abandoned part of land and hopes the lava flows slow it down. Or he makes a deserted island uninhabitable.
>>
>>50946871
>Shepard- Scared/Intimidated
>Garrus- Unnerved/Intimidated
>Tali- Terrified/Intimidated
>Samara- Lowkey Intimidated
>Thane- Scared to ask where he got the skulls
>Miranda- Wondering why the fuck she let Isaac on the ship
>Jacob- Wondering why the fuck Miranda let Isaac on the ship/Intimidated
>Grunt- Impressed/Jealous
>Jack- Lowkey Intimidated/ Highkey Aroused/Jealous
>Legion-Curious/Wondering how sanitary that is
>All- Questiong just how far down the deep end Isaac went
>>
>>50946871
>Everyone's have a horrified look on their faces
>Miranda is calling for a squad of troopers and shrinks to take Isaac down
>Mordin have a mild curiosity, talking loudly about bones
>EDI making a Miranda's call a high priority
>Grunt is mildly impressed. And secretly very aroused.
>Jack is very aroused. And secretly mildly impressed
>Tali would just back away, slowly.
>Garrus will load his "elcor grade tranq rounds" which he holding just for this occasion
>Jacob is too busy figuring out what is going on.
>Samara would be not amused and not aroused.
>Zaeed will mutter something about show offs.
>Kasumi will just cloak herself and will proceed to a nearest escape pod. Just in case.
>Thane will just pray someone.
>>
>>50946871
Heh. Imagine the mooks however.

The parts of their brains responsible for fear would riot and scream at them to run away from the scary guy with mutant skulls.

>>50947132
Sweet.
>>
>>50946509
Episode 4: Let's all go Bowling!
"Right." Jotaro began. the Duwang gang (plus Isaac) assembled around him. "Since Isaac is now a [STAND USER] and has agreed to help us find Kira, I have decided to invite him to a little team building session. Yes Rohan attendance is mandatory!" Rohan's Hand slowly lowered, an irked look on his face. "I was planning on doing this anyway, but now we have two full teams so it's best to do it while everyone has time."
"Huh" Koichi began, Yukako uncharacteristically absent. "So what was it you had in mind Jotaro-san?"
"Simple, we head to the Kame-Yu mall near the town centre. Then you'll understand."

A short and somewhat cramped bus ride later. Isaac, Jotaro and the gang entered the Kame-Yu shopping centre, everywhere they looked people were shopping and students were loitering.
"There it is, the "I can't believe it's not Gutter" Jotaro entered the bowling alley, motioning for the others to follow. "Our greatest advantage over Kira in any battle, will be our use of teamwork. Used properly, a group of [STANDS] can do anything. No matter how weak they may be."
"So you brought us bowling?" asked Okuyasu, clearly confused. "I don't see what this has to do with [STANDS]."

>>50946743
>>50946932
[Rat in a cage] has an A rated durability, but in the same way [MADE IN HEAVEN] has an A in speed. It just reforms after taking damage, almost like it's some kind of [REGENERATOR]
Isaac is aware of it's invincibility, the same way that most stand users are aware generally of how strong/tough/fast their stand is.
>>50946964
This wouldn't really fix the problem, as if [RIAC] did happen to go on after it's user died, there'd be nothing holding it to the spot. I personally believe that [STANDS] aren't linked to the user's body but their soul. Once the soul moves on to the afterlife, there is no anchor in the mortal world.
>>
File: funny Rohan.png (119KB, 478x317px) Image search: [Google]
funny Rohan.png
119KB, 478x317px
>>50947564
"Clearly Okuyasu." Replied Rohan. "We're going to be bowling with our [STAND] powers."
Jotaro smiled to himself as he rented shoes for the group. Eventually once they had all dressed themselves appropriately, he brought them down the aisles to the last lane away from the other patrons.
"For those who are unfamiliar with the rules of [BOWLING], the objective is to knock down as many pins as possible by rolling a ball down this lane. You get two balls to throw, and if you manage to down all of the pins in one go, you double your score." Jotaro explained quickly. "As [STAND USERS] there is an additional rule, the person who is bowling cannot use his [STAND] to affect the ball, however his team can. We will be splitting into two teams of three, Josuke and Okuyasu will be together with Isaac. Rohan and Koichi will be on my team, and we will be going first."
"I shall demonstrate," Jotaro took a large white ball from the rack while the others took their seats, taking stance a few steps behind the line, Jotaro took a quick step forwards and swung his arm, sending the ball flying straight down the middle of the lane, right on target for a strike, until it abruptly shunted itself right into the gutter.
"I see you've already figured it out okuyasu." Said Rohan, staring at the smug Schoolboy. "But if I were you I'd try not to escalate the situation, I could do terrible things to your bowling skills with my [HEAVEN'S DOOR]."
Okuyasu's smile faltered for a moment before returning, stronger than ever. "I'd like to see you try, with my [THE HAND] I got total control of the balls, nobody can beat me."
"At handling balls?"
>>
Why are all these dead space threads filled with stupid ass fanfic bullshit and vidya game discussion? Get off the board.

At least start making some rpg or tabletop rules you fuckin nerds or go back to /v/ you cross canon fan fiction milquetoast slugs
>>
>>50948096
Cry about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 480x269px
>>50948164
No, you're a bunch of autistic mungos writing your bullshit crossover fiction pretending people actually give a shit or read it. Literally nothing here is discussing tg related stuff, you guys aren't even discussing LORE. It's just your neckbeard weeb trash shitposting Isaac shipping.
>>
>>50948199
He actually cried about it, the absolute mad man!
>>
>>50948199
>>50948096
you must have missed the last thread

now leave and cry about it
>>
Hey would u guys be interested in reading my Dead Space / Mass Effect / MLP fic? I've got 3 chapters done so far
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 611x995px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 611x995px
>>50948220
Different anon
>>
>>50948199
you do know that this is like how 99% of /tg/ getting shit done starts right?
>>
>>50948396
No, it doesn't, that's not the way it get's things done. You're just quoting for the sake of quoting.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Night_Shift Is a good example.
>>
>>50948450
dude, nightshitf started as a bunch of people going what if, like 99% of shit started as people going what if and some crazy anons going "ill do that", the last issac into ME had a lot of good writfagotry, and some people went off on trying to make it into a thing
>>
File: Josuke..png (290KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Josuke..png
290KB, 500x500px
>>50947933
It was Koichi's turn to enter the conversation, playful ribbing being a common thing among the friends. "Yeah Okuyasu keep your [HAND] away from my balls".
This served as the final straw for those among the group who had yet to turn 25, as they, including Okuyasu began to laugh and exchange banter.
Isaac watched from his seat as the group talked, a wistful smile on his face. It reminded him of his days on Luna, chatting with his friends, procrastinating on projects.
Blowing off important meetings so he could see.. Nicole.
"Damnit"
It was easier not to think about her most of the time, Isaac knew it wasn't healthy to repress stuff like that but what else could he do? Going to a psychologist would get him thrown in a mental hospital, or picked up by the government. And-
"Hey man, you ok?" Isaac refocused on Josuke's face, a small smile on his open face as he queried the engineer. "You kinda spaced out for a moment there."
"Yeah i'm good." Isaac lied, choosing to spare the kid from Isaac's own bullshit. "I wasn't really paying attention, how's the game going?" Isaac quickly changed the subject, an attempt not unnoticed by Josuke.
"Well nobody's actually managed to score on their side yet, so that's pretty good, given our powers though I reckon the same might hold true for us."
"I gotta admit, it was pretty clever of Okuyasu to figure out what to do that quick. I still don't really get what his stand does though."
"It's actually pretty simple." The Higashikata boy elucidated. "His [STAND]'s right hand erases anything it touches, and everything around it sort of zooms in to fill the gap."
To punctuate this point, Koichi's last throw had been soundly pulled off track by Okuyasu.

>>50948199
You know, using exaggerated angry faces only makes you look as if you're parodying yourself.
Secondly, none of the Writefaggotry so far has had any form of shipping in, which is where i personally would draw the line.
>>
>>50947933
This does not look like that. It just looks like fan-fic, not, "Dude, it'd be cool to have this."
>>
>>50948396
Have fun "getting shit done" with your quarian / necromorph erotica. I'm sure it's very conducive to developing rpg mechanics
>>
>>50948199
>bitches
>gets told to cry about it
>"No"
>proceeds to cry about it
>crying amounts to, "you're having fun wrong, stop having fun wrong!"
Well, alright then, you have certainly convinced us, we will now proceed to have fun in the correct manner.

Which is, and always was, however we damned well please. Go choke on a dick.
>>
File: 1297805537389.jpg (154KB, 526x336px) Image search: [Google]
1297805537389.jpg
154KB, 526x336px
>>50948646
what.
>>
>>50948646
Doomed has been working ona system with a few other anons including me. We were talking about it just last thread.

Now you can either keep whining or proceed to spend your time somewhere else. No one here with any sense is going to reply to you again, or at least I won't

>>50945995
Speaking of what's taking you so long?
>>
>>50948838
>speaking of which

whoops
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 482x616px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 482x616px
>>50948738
I'm not saying your fun is bad, it's on the wrong board. Fan fiction =/= board games, buddy. Not even OC fan fiction it's all fuckin MC wank shit. I'm sure you'll find much better traction on the board you belong on.
>>
>>50948993
Isn't this board also about story-telling?
>>
>>50948993
If it was on the wrong board, we'd have been moved to /trash/ by now. We're on thread... four? Five? At this point, without being moved, so clearly someone sides more with us than with you on this subject.
>>
>>50949047
Don't reply to him. He needs to check the previous threads, though he is kinda right about what's going on at the moment.

Doomed, where are you?

>>50949059
many more than that. The old threads lasted a few months until we all decided to part ways
>>
>>50949082
>old threads
Yeah, I remember those, I was just referring to this particular run of threads, but hey I'll take it.
>>
I personally believe that since I've not been banned or anything, i'm free to continue.
If the mods make the decision to no longer allow my writefaggotry then i will certainly move elsewhere, but until that point. Or until the overwhelming consensus is that i should stop, I will not.
There will be no more updates today, as i am British and it's almost midnight over here. As always, criticism will only help me improve.
>>
>>50949296
Wait.

You were banned on this board?

For what?
>>
>>50949364
No i haven't been banned, that's why i think i can continue.
>>
>>50949542
Oh. I misinterpreted that.
>>
Board game anon from last thread, will get to compiling my walls of text into a more cohesive doc soon.
For future work, does anyone have the ishimua map from DS1?
Beyond that and tweaking it to become the layout for the game board, its largely balancing issues and fine tuning mechanics that're needed- stuff like general numbers for successes, gearing, proportions of cards per deck, etc, combat details (ranged / melee divide is my first thought) and we're getting somewhere.
>>
>>50949822
Post it on Google Docs...or on 1d4chan.

That way you don't need to do walls of text on the thread.
>>
>>50949296
Why would you think you would have been banned?
>>
>>50947132
This is too fucking awesome of a image to not be made, we NEED someone on this, and be sure to give Jack a "this is my fetish" face, and maybe have Grunt whine about how he cant have the skulls of his enemies on his armor. Also, would this be before Isaac met them or after Isaac met, given what you had for Miranda thinking when she saw him, almost like they met already, but that's just me nitpicking?
>>
>>50947192
Kek, the terror Isaac in that instance would inspire would be worse than any Reaper could ever accomplish without cheating.
>>
>>50947564
Well shit...is there any stand that could tie it down in one spot? Could it be contained in the |HIGH LIFE|?
>>
>>50950077
Personally, I wrote it where Isaac has been with them for a short while, long enough for them to see he has issues, but not long enough for them to realize how "OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT" his issues are. I
>>
>>50947933
This is a terrible idea, RIAC will devour the stands next to it...and all nearby meatbags to boot. Actually this brings up a thought, Kira has a severed female hand with him most of the time doesn't he? If he is the guy I am thinking of, then what would happen if the Marker reanimated the hand?
>>
File: ISHIMURA TRAM 1.jpg (202KB, 719x1111px) Image search: [Google]
ISHIMURA TRAM 1.jpg
202KB, 719x1111px
>>50949822
I've got a couple on the drive, not a while lot of detail but it shows what's where on the ship. A little bit of photoshop work would turn it into something similar to Arkham Horror's board.
>>
>>50950171
I...what? You didn't finish writing it yet? Post what you got man!
>>
>>50950426
No, it's finished, doneski. I can greentext, but I'm no writefag. I was just sharing what I was thinking when I posted.
>>
>>50950481
Damn, that's a shame, I wouldn't suck dick for it, but that story would be pretty damn awesome.
>>
>>50950403
>>50949822
Unfortunately there isn't an official deck plan for the Ishimura beyond the tram map that I've been able to find. The idea comes to mind to pull up the level maps from Dead Space and lay them out on the ship over their sections and see how that looks.

Did we want to have subsections within the ship compartments? For example, Engineering Compartment could have Control Room, Engine Room, Machine Shop and Fuel Bunkers.
>>
>>50947182
This is also nice, Kasumi is just begging to be picked off by the Lurker in the escape pod though.
>>
File: 1481755316747.jpg (48KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1481755316747.jpg
48KB, 500x490px
>>50947132
>>50947182
>Isaac stops about 10-15 feet away
>Holds his arms out by his sides
>And speaks with the voice that echoes with the rage of a thousand dead and damned species
>"It is the fate of the weak to fear the strong"
>Team's faces when
>>
>>50950147
killer queen could destroy RIAC, GER would probably be able to get him with the infinite deaths. but as far as i know that's it.

>>50950348
most likely very little, Kira is a very clever man and would probably destroy it with killer queen before it could do any real harm.
Honestly if you're a necromorph, Kira is you're worst nightmare. He can pick you apart at range using killer queen and stray cat, fight off any necro at close range (poke, BOOM) and the marker can't reuse your biomass because there are no atoms left over..
Kira could instagib the Ubermorph.
>>
>>50951291
To contrast the Kira point, once RIAC had infected one of Kira's "Girlfriends." Kira would no longer be able to indulge in his hand fetish, the "relationship" he has with them would no longer have that aspect of safety.
>>
File: I TRY.png (89KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
I TRY.png
89KB, 400x380px
>>50950856
that's a bit over the top
>>
Since Dead Space has a relatively 'set' number of items that the Player can use (Discounting DS3's custom weapons and universal ammu) would a deck-based system of random item generation work?
Like you have seperate decks for: Weapons, Supplies, Tools, RIGs, Etc.
By having a physical representation of what each player has, no one has to peruse character sheets or whatever to make sure they've got something on hand. Helps remind the player as well.
Players are equipped with a RIG, with different suits (may be contrary to DS canon/gameplay) having different inventory slots and appropriate bonuses for players.
It'd be a pain in the ass to print out but it would organize shit and tactile pieces tend to remind players of the shit they have - which a survivor in an extreme situation would probably have their mind on besides just surviving.
I recall a previous thread mentioning having unique classes with their own advantages, and I believe it was Doomed who mentioned using Betrayal at the House on the Hill rules and mechanics to well make the game.
>>
>>50951291
Tusk act 4 might be able to not only destroy Rat In A Cage, but all markers across all universes just by touching it.
>>
So far what I remember about previous threads about tabletop:
-random map from tiles, representing a asteroid station
-there is a several decks for players: one is stuff, like RIGs, tools and other is BAD SHIT deck, which contains sometimes valuable events, most mostly crises and
-each player start on separate locations, and can team up to trade items and draw more cards from a stuff deck. But if they gang up, more severe BAD SHIT cards going into play, up until DO OR DIE crises
- Do or Die crises are special cards: if they could not be completed, they will have a SERIOUS disadvantage and possibly a game over. Major infestation, engine suddenly died, MAKE US WHOLE etc.
- There is a hp and madness tracker for every players. If they will fill their madness track, they lose a special ability and teamwork bonuses.
- They can lower madness track by rare items or if fulfilling a several crises, IF they was on a team fixing it.
-each player is a OC character with a special role. Each role have a special ability, but with a drawback:
Engineer: Can repair everything, including broken doors. Drains resources like a madman. If going mad, draw resources for a hellish, but useless contraptions.
Soldier: can kill everything, but have going mad faster than everyone. If going mad, turns into psychotic maniac
Scientist (AKA Ex-Cultist, AKA Unitologist): can divert some bad shit by making himself more mad. If going mad, will go full MAKE US WHOLE cultist
Miner: can make resources out of nothing, but can't fight for shit. If going mad, will turn into sobbing wreck.
Medic: Can make other less mad or wounded by drugs, temporally making them less effective. Have a shitty stats overall. If going mad, will be constantly haunted by his/her dead lover.
Specialist: can make stuff remotely (one tile range), providing a limited teamwork bonus. Have a weak health. When going mad, will turn into paranoid shut-in.
Cont. but that's all what I can remember.
>>
>>50954356
There was also a suggestion for making a asymmetrical gameplay: one player is the Marker (possibly Unitologists) and others is a Survivors
The Marker control every necromorphs and can add a bad stuff to a map. His objective is to kill or drive mad all Survivors, complete Convergence or don't let them complete one of the DO OR DIE crises.
For survivors there might be a several objectives, depends on a scenario:
-Escape from this hellhole
-Destroy the Marker
-Survive long enough until cavalry arrives.
>>
>>50954605
has anyone tossed ideas around for like, Unis versus Egov? Egov's trying to destroy an experiment and unis trying to free it?
>>
>>50954790
Yeah, that's was other idea. Personally I would prefer it make a full co-op or limited PvP.
Unitologist strategy would be "Throw necros at problem" wile Eathgov is "Throw this expensive gear at problems"
>>
>>50954356
>>50954605
This is all right in line with what I'd been writing up. I could go either way with one player handling the necromorphs, as I've got it now they're handled by the event cards IE event A generates X necromorphs at Y and Z locations, next event drawn would have them move towards compartment Q or something.

>>50954790
I hadn't actually. The focus so far had been mostly on a cooperative style game, but a versus game would be fun. Say making one player spawn and control Unitologists/Necromorphs maybe?
>>
>>50955002
>Say making one player
sounds good to me!
>>
>>50954790
>>50954995
>>50955002
A lot of EGov's highest ranking members are Unitologists, and they receive more funding than they should from them. That's how the Unis in DS3 got ahold of so many weapons so quickly, and why they seemed to outnumber you so drastically. They were either government/soldiers themselves or were armed by them.

Now, being a holdout faction of loyal, non-Uni EGov soldiers could be pretty good.
>>
>>50948518
>>50947933
>>50947933
I love this so much
>>
Is anyone actually running a game yet. Don't tease me like this /tg/
>>
>>50955827
I'm writing up a short Shadowrun story arc I ran two(?) years back during the first round of Dead Space story times. Long story short, a group of corporate mercenaries prevent the world from Being Made Whole.
>>
>>50955852
I meant a game that I can join
>>
>>50955856
None that I'm aware of. If enough anons started pushing for it I'm sure a GM could be found somewhere.
>>
>>50945821
Someone please tell me thats just a shitty mod.
>>
>>50950547
I was thinking tram map or something- horizontal layout, then maybe divide the larger areas up into 2 or 3, with one or two subones- so medical deck would have "surgery room" which is a closed off space (also one point the hunter can spawn in)

Map divisions and subdivisions are something that's going to be important though- as the more map locations there are, the less combat will happen as there are more spaces people can be in and so less likely for them to be in same space as necromorph.

But more mag segments also means that it will take longer to move around the ship as each move action only take you one segment.

Player action economy also needs to be sorted- how many actions will each player get on a turn. As that determines how much stuff needs to happen, how long itll take to move places etc.
>>
>>50955970
I thought it might be Vandal from the iOS game, but she has red hair. And the graphics are much lower-res.

Reverse google image search gives me it being a pre-DS3 fan image, likely made using RE5's Jill model.
>>
>>50956162
Engineering tunnels/vents are used like in most games with shortcuts (the only game that comes to mind is CLUE with the underground tunnels) which I would envision taking multiple turns:
Turn 1: Enter tunnel
Turn 2: Can be used to either
i) Hide for 1 turn
ii) To enter it's other side
>>
>>50952926
Maybe have the random real weapons be stronger, while players could make there own weapons with universal ammo but those guns could be weaker than the specialized weapons. That way a player with a specialty in engineering could get bonuses for player made weapons, but also have them try to find parts of better quality that are spread out though the game zone.
>>
>>50955852
Sounds fucking awesome, I cant wait to read it.
>>
>>50956754
As the board game anon, my plan for that is to have the repurposed tool weapons give combat and engineering points, while the combat weapons are just combat points, and are generally available in the lower gear tiers than the higher end gear.

As for combat, I've been thinking that the way to work it is to do melee / ranged combat.
So you encounter a necromorph. Ranged combat happens first, then melee combat. Both sides deal damage at the same time in both stages. Combat takes place at the end of a round, after all human players have had their turns.

So say, you encounter a slasher which say has 5hp, and melee damage 2. You're playing the prisoner, who has +1 combat native, and you have a pulse rifle that gives you +2 combat.
Ranged combat happens first, with you dealing 3 damage to the necromorph. Slashers dont have ranged ability, so you are unharmed. Now melee combat happens. You deal another 3 damage to it, killing it, but it also deals 2 damage to you.

The intent of combat being that one person with tier appropriate combat gear should be able to kill a standard tier appropriate necromorph in one round, but take damage doing so.
Which means that if you have multiple people, you should be able to kill a necromorph without taking damage, but it means that you're clustered together and so might have trouble getting around the map to reach objectives.

This also means that if multiple necromorphs are in the same space, it becomes a lot harder to deal with them. Take the prisoner w pulse vs slasher from before- now put in a second slasher and have it as before- you can only target one necromorph, so you would deal 3 to one in ranged, necro 2 is unharmed. Melee happens, you kill one, take 4 damage, and the second necro is still unharmed.

(ranged combat happens all combats, not just the first- it's assumed that you are taking potshots while relocating, and that melee combat is when a necro has closed with you, but you get away afterwards.
>>
Bumpity bump
Also: happy new year ya glory basterds
>>
>>50957897
Aye
>>
>>50957897
Happy New Year
>>
File: inset2_08_1024_deadspace.jpg (345KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
inset2_08_1024_deadspace.jpg
345KB, 800x499px
Here is something for you guys
>>
File: human mages are fucking nutters.png (174KB, 975x642px) Image search: [Google]
human mages are fucking nutters.png
174KB, 975x642px
Imagine Isaac as a fantasy wizard.
>>
>>50959435
Like this?
>>
>>50959435
I don't know whether to put this in my HFY folder or not.
>>
>>50959496
I'm still pissed that the DA2 DS DLC with Isaac's suit turned-medieval fantasy didn't include a unique set of quests that included not!Necromorphs.
>>
File: wizards.png (359KB, 1102x382px) Image search: [Google]
wizards.png
359KB, 1102x382px
>>50959496
Yeah but with the engineering segments replaced with mystic bullshit puzzles/shenanigans.
>>
>>50959532
I remember hearing about that dlc, I got the game with the free dog companion and the shop of wonders dlc things. The game was still pretty disappointing regardless, but I doubt giving people the joy of playing a off brand part of a better game would make it any better.
>>
>>50959565
The problem with DA2 is that EA gave BioWare a ridiculously short amount of time to make it to ride on the sudden DA popularity.

If it was given as much time as DA3, then DA2 would've been a much better game.
>>
>>50959593
True that, but what we got was mediocre at best, but DA3 did a better job making up for it. Though there was a few things that struck me as odd or unnecessary, but it could have been worse.
>>
where writefaggots at?
>>
File: Ripper.jpg (4MB, 1460x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Ripper.jpg
4MB, 1460x2000px
>>50959935
Reporting in

I might actually have some free time in an hour or two. Family's headed ou soon and I've already opted to stay behind because of chores.
>>
>>50960009
Based, also what is your favorite weapon from the game, mines the Pulse Rifle, kinda prefer the bullet umbrella of DS1, but DS2s grenade launcher is cool too.
>>
File: Mining RIG cosplay.jpg (8MB, 3840x5760px) Image search: [Google]
Mining RIG cosplay.jpg
8MB, 3840x5760px
>>50960051
Hate to sound vanilla, but a fully upgraded cutter is unstoppable

>That STOPPAN POWAH
>dat range
>dat rotation
>dat A E S T H E T I C

ripper comes in a close second
>>
>>50960087
Nice choice, Ripper is my next fav, that or the force gun. But I usually upgraded the Pulse Rifle first every game because the shitton of ammo and bullet hose potential. Plus the grenade mode is pretty versatile too.
>>
>>50959935
Reporting.

Writing as I can, obligations keep cropping up and forcing me to be a reaponsable, productive adult.
>>
>>50960051
Mine is the contact beam i know alot of people use it to abuse get more money but i just love my biggest boomsticks.
>>
>>50960560
I don't know the abuse to get more money thing your referring too, but the fuck off laser canon with the stasis mod is pretty brutal. Good choice. What would the most out of place weapon be?
>>50960535
Its cool doomguy, go do your thing.
>>
>>50960614
Basicly alot of people pick up the contact beam so the game starts spawning loads of ammo for it, if you say have 2 guns you can then sell the ammo since it's worth big money to buy loads of power nodes.

As for the most out of place weapon, well there is the hand cannon but that is a joke weapon so probably the seeker rifle.
>>
>>50960693
Yeah, I would have to say the seeker rifle too. Also going to have to take a stab at the contact beam ammo thing. Thanks for the tip.
>>
File: wise wizard cat.jpg (97KB, 960x812px) Image search: [Google]
wise wizard cat.jpg
97KB, 960x812px
bumping with more wizards
>>
>>50961585
you truly are the wisest wizard cat
>>
>>50961585
You truly are the wisest wizard cat
>>
>>50961585
>>
File: Isaac_Clarke.jpg (137KB, 826x966px) Image search: [Google]
Isaac_Clarke.jpg
137KB, 826x966px
K I'm back, commencing writing
>>
>>50960051
Line gun in 1, javelin gun in 2. Nailing necromorphs to the floor and walls is very cathartic and sweeping their legs off is just as satisfying.
>>
>>50961979
Oh shit man, Javelin gun is my jam, especially the fully upgraded version, nothing says fuck you quite like getting impaled to a wall, electrocuted, and blown up.
>>
>>50961979
>Javelin gun
This and the Plasma Cutter were the weapons that saw me through DS2 without too much trouble. Necromorph pop up I front of you? Stake the asshole to a wall. Swarms of small things? Stake the ground in front of them and electrocute the bastards. Big tough thing? Stake it to the wall then blow it up!
>>
File: bust a move.webm (3MB, 546x578px) Image search: [Google]
bust a move.webm
3MB, 546x578px
'Oh children..." Isaac said as he entered the engineering deck. 'Daddy's home..."

"Oh, I don't think anyone's calling you daddy anytime soon old boy." Ken quipped. "You even old enough to be a dad?"

Isaac greeted the jesting mechanic with a comeback. "Old enough to be yours."

Tali and Gabby heard the engineer's voice and ran up out of the engine room with an old SC RIG the group had been tinkering around with earlier. Tali spoke up first. "Isaac, you're here!" Tali spoke up. "How'd it go?"

"The council's a bunch of idiot and I'll be kissing their asses to make up for my bad behavior in a few hours."

"Not the diplomatic type, are we?" Ken replied.

"Oh no, I have little tolerance for crap like that. Especially after the CEC. I don't think I've ever met a group of people with their heads so fantastically far up their asses in my life. And I've seen a whole lot of people with their head in their ass. Like, I could be a head-in-ass judge in a head-in-ass contest."

"'Uh- oh lad, you've got a wee spot of chin showing, that's points off.'"

"Holy crap, Kenneth..."

"'Ah, good form, good form, I could hula hoop with this one...'"

"Hear hear." Tali replied, trying to stem her laughter and ignore ken's immaturity. "I was around when Shepard first tried to warn them. Some things never change."

"Damn straight..." Isaac replied as Gabby once again subdued her companion with physical force. 'So... you guys ready?"

"For what?" Gabby asked.

Isaac used his kinesis module to pick up an old SC Spec ops RIG hanging on a railing near the spare room where grunt was stationed. "Who wants to see how nasty we can make this suit in ten hours?"
>>
File: Together they fight slimes.jpg (320KB, 1200x677px) Image search: [Google]
Together they fight slimes.jpg
320KB, 1200x677px
>>50961585
>>
File: Wizard Wallpaper1.png (4MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard Wallpaper1.png
4MB, 1920x1200px
bumping with wizards again
>>
File: volgin.png (57KB, 592x165px) Image search: [Google]
volgin.png
57KB, 592x165px
>>50962896
>"Who wants to see how nasty we can make this suit in ten hours?"
>>
File: I believe i can fly....jpg (95KB, 590x400px) Image search: [Google]
I believe i can fly....jpg
95KB, 590x400px
>>50962896
They all paused for a moment before gabby spoke up. "Tali, what was on our schedule for today?"

"Calibration on the new FBA arrays, plasma vent maintenance, and a few errands involving new hardware upgrades on the consoles." Tali replied as she scrolled through her omni-tool

"In other words, 'bumpkiss that can be accounted for later?'" Ken replied.

"Sounds just about right." Tali said, closing her itinerary and clasping her hands together mischievously. "Where do we start."

Isaac pulled up some data from his RIG. "Alright, see all this?" Isaac said as he pointed out all the needed major components and procedures. "Think we can handle all that?"

The three all briefly skimmed the information before Gabby gave their reply. "Oh that's way possible." she said as Isaac passed the information to their omni-tools.

"Alright then!" Isaac replied. "Ken, you go get us all set up. I want tools, fabrication equipment, workbenches, the whole nine yards. Check your list to make sure everyone's station is set up properly. in the meantime, everyone powwow up with me, and we'll review all the data so no one's running blind. I'll make sure you get caught up, Ken. Gabby, I need you on parts duty. I've given you the specs. You're gonna be sorting out the pieces while we work together on putting the puzzle together. Make sure anything you give to us is ready for use. Cut down, break apart, add to, or polish up anything that'll need finagling before we put it together. Tali, you'll focus on the Jacket parts. There's gonna be a lot of new kit in it that you haven't worked with before but I have confidence in you. If you need any help with something like stasis or the RIG spine, give me a holler. Ken, once your're done, you'll be working on the pants Don't worry about the propulsion and grav-lock features, I'll take care of those myself and all the armor going on this thing. We all ready?"
>>
>>50964402
>10 hours and 5 minutes later
>N7rig.gif
>>
>>50964131
>>50965009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM7E4a8bGlQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtntTvuv8Aw
>>
>>50961585
You are truely the wisest wizard cat
>>
>>50945160
Wouldn't they die if they got out of range of a Marker's area of effect then?
>then again, after being turned into a feeder and being trapped in a necromorph infestation for the rest of their "life" they might not consider that a bad thing.
>>
File: Deadshock by norbface.jpg (356KB, 530x900px) Image search: [Google]
Deadshock by norbface.jpg
356KB, 530x900px
>>
>>
>>
I had a thought. The necromorphs are fucked if Earth managed to at any point come up with nanomachine-based weaponry.

Sure, they may destroy Earth and wipe out humanity, but they have a tremendous bulk worth of their retarded selves gathered around Earth at the end. All it takes is some stasis field being knocked offline and a deadhand grey goo going to town and they're fucked.
>>
>>50965525
Remind me to watch an Iron Man 1 again. It was kinda alright movie. At least better than Fantastic Four.
>>
About a tabletop - does map should with fixed locations or make it "random" with a tiles (open a door - a new location appears) ? I'm more inclined to a random map - much more replayability than a fixed locations. But then again, we can add a special bonuses on a fixed map for special roles - Specialist can be much more effective in computer room, while Prisoner in a Detention room or Medic can fix much more health in a surgery.
>>
>>50967269
As the boardgame anon, my thought was fixed map because that allows for making stuff that happens on the bad shit cards happen in set locations- and what that allows for is to have things be setup- the idea for the gameis that its one of the ones where tthings just keep going wrong- some of them aren't that bad, some of them are awful- but the thing is that each thing going wrong happens in a set location determined by the card drawn. What this allows for is for things to go wrong all over the shop, rather than just at the players. And what that allows for is for prioritising- Sure there might be a necromorph running around in the mess hall, but none of you need to go there- you can just ignore it for now. But then a card comes up where you need t get to the living quarters, the only way there is through the mess hall, and that card has put more necros in the mess hall so they're starting to swarm.

The idea is that it lets the players go for management tactics- something has gone wrong here- we don't need to go there now, but if we leave it there's the chance that things get worse over there which means we're screwed if we do need to go there later.
>>
>>50966519
I would murder everyone in these threads just to have a demo of that game.
>>
>>50967727
We could combine it - there is several tiles or scenarios: Spaceship, Asteroid and Space station (13). Some locations are fixed, but several are not - like some rubble or unexpected ruins
>>
Are there any maps of Titan Station? There doesn't seem to be any indicator of where exactly docking terminals for ships are located.
I realize Titan Station is kind of fukh00j but it'd be interesting to create a map for it.
>>
>>50968020
I still think a purely fixed map is better as random maps would cause fuckery with the cards and objectives as well as map layout.

Also I think I've hit the sweet spot for map design- I'm thinking 3~ player actions per turn is the way to go, and then for map design 3-4 turns as the sweet spot- so that to get from one side of the ship to the other, using all actions on movement, should take 3-4 turns.
>>
File: Iron Clarke by Wesker250.jpg (316KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Clarke by Wesker250.jpg
316KB, 900x1273px
>>50965525
>>50967227
>>
>>50968403
Then again, map fuckery is kinda fits into maddening horrors theme. Of course it's more mind boggling and harder to hit a spot-on, but it will increase a replayability - more random, less calculated.
Who am I kidding, I just LOVE tile building games and big sucker for a "random" maps
>>
>>50969914
In my case, I've been taking inspiration from battlestar and pandemic in the sense of its a "things keep going wrong" game, with a side of fury of dracula in the idea of player action economy. So just mashing all of them together, and then thinking on resolution mechanics was my way of coming up with the concept.
>>
File: [COURAGE].png (1MB, 1296x768px) Image search: [Google]
[COURAGE].png
1MB, 1296x768px
>>50948518
"Wait, so where does the stuff he erases go?" Questioned Isaac as Okuyasu head up to bowl.
"Nobody knows dude, none of it's ever come back either. Jotaro said he's probably destroying it on the atomic level."
"Holy shit."
"I know right, we're lucky he's a cool guy."
Okuyasu had chosen his ball now and was heading up to the line. As he swung the ball backwards, Koichi happened upon a rather clever idea.
"[ECHOES-ACT 3], 3 freeze!."
Just as Okuyasu let go of the ball, it plummeted to the ground and very slowly rolled to the side, into the gutter. "Mission F-U-C-K-I-N-G accomplished."
"Nice throw Okuyasu, care to try again?" Koichi and Rohan's faces were plastered with insufferably smug smiles, Even Jotaro had a wry grin on his face as he surveyed the second team.
"Hey Okuyasu, Isaac, quick team meeting." Josuke motioned for Okuyasu to come over to where he and Isaac where seated.
"Right, so if we keep going like this, neither team is ever going to score. We have to stop them from stopping us, from scoring. Any ideas?"
Isaac thought for a moment before looking up to the others. "Hey, what's the range on Koichi's [STAND]?"
Josuke looked slightly puzzled as he answered, "About five meters, why?"
"My [STAND] [RAT IN A CAGE] has a one hundred meter range, I could just have it go over there and knock the pins down." Isaac looked at the others , a plan slowly formulating. "I'll need you to keep Koichi away from me."
"I'll keep him away with [THE HAND], should be simple." Okuyasu volunteered, smiling deviously."
"And I'll watch out for Jotaro and Rohan. I'll stop them if they try any funny business." Spoke Josuke, a small grin gracing his features.
"Alright team, let's go!"
>>
>>50970404
Isaac and the others stood quickly and took their positions, Isaac made to walk towards the toilets while Okuyasu went up to bowl, Josuke took a step back so he could observe Jotaro's team who were watching the trio carefully.
Okuyasu selected a ball and stepped up to the line, a small bead of sweat running down his neck, as he awaited the call. Josuke watched as he raised his hand in preparation to bowl.
"Any second now."
"[ECHOES-ACT 3]" Koichi grinned as his [STAND] sped towards Okuyasu to unleash it's freezing touch. Suddenly it's target turned, summoning his own [STAND].
[ECHOES] attempted to turn away, but [THE HAND] had surprise on it's side, Grabbing [ECHOES] around the waist in a death grip.
"Now Isaac." Josuke yelled as the engineer pivoted on the spot summoning his own stand.
"[RIAC] knock down those pins!"
YES ARCHITECT
The [MARKER] sped towards the end of the bowling alley, arms raised as it made to follow it's creator's instruction.
Until one of the pins levitated off the floor and struck it in the face.
WHAT, IMPOSSIB-
The rest of the pins soon followed suit, battering [RIAC] with incredible force and sending it flying back towards the others.
"Hey who's doing that?" questioned Isaac as he recalled his [STAND] to his side. The others all answered in the negative, Jotaro looking particularly disturbed.
His expression, (and that of Mister Kishibe) changed swiftly as his shoe buried itself in Rohan's gut.
Rohan's resulting cry of pain was drowned out by that of Okuyasu, who's bowling ball had flown out of his hands and landed on his feet. This caused Okuyasu to drop [ECHOES] who was swiftly set upon by more bowling pins, causing Koichi to join the pain crescendo.
"Guys, we have to get out of here." Josuke attempted to rally the others to escape, however unbeknown-st to him his laces had tied themselves together, leading to a rather spectacular fall.
>>
File: DEAD SPACE by norbface.jpg (62KB, 522x960px) Image search: [Google]
DEAD SPACE by norbface.jpg
62KB, 522x960px
>>
File: too bad you'll never be rad.jpg (30KB, 374x454px) Image search: [Google]
too bad you'll never be rad.jpg
30KB, 374x454px
>>50970747
>>
Is there any pastebin for a tabletop's ideas ? I'm still thinking about optimal (and balanced) characters for a game.
>>
File: WIZARD V COOL ASS DRAGON.jpg (549KB, 1200x928px) Image search: [Google]
WIZARD V COOL ASS DRAGON.jpg
549KB, 1200x928px
I HAVE RETURNED
>>
>>50974979
Um...hello then? Who are you?
>>
File: Somulo.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Somulo.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>50974979

I appreciate your resuscitation of the thread. Would it prove impossible to propagate scifi horror "dragons" of a type using reconstituted human remains?

https://youtu.be/BwiZtZlnf1U

Though pic related would work. I can imagine Issac Clarke possibly tearing up the Demon Realm when he got his bearings and access to a blacksmith's.

https://youtu.be/m5Ky0HG6pvI
>>
File: moon wizard.jpg (183KB, 583x821px) Image search: [Google]
moon wizard.jpg
183KB, 583x821px
>>50975027
The guy who bumps the thread with wizards.

>>50975602
That sounds awesome.
>>
File: 1400989603861.jpg (180KB, 534x900px) Image search: [Google]
1400989603861.jpg
180KB, 534x900px
>>
File: 1427470405179.jpg (108KB, 500x608px) Image search: [Google]
1427470405179.jpg
108KB, 500x608px
Aight time to look at this properly. One engineer from a scifi horror universe lands in a dimension filled with ghouls, ghosts, goblins and demons that once had a viable human population now shattered into extinction or thralldom to the invading hordes.

There's at least alchemic sciences and objects of power in this Demon Realm that could be seen as magical. Issac has his DS3 endgame kit on hand along with whatever managed to land with him.

Would it make sense to run a campaign with Issac as some relatively mad NPC wizard gone native? Thundarr the Barbarian style techno wizard mulching the locals in an attempt to find his way 'offworld'.

Player characters could be monstrous vassals that are part of one of the more 'civilized' settlements either charged with Issac's mad quest or working against the Stomping Magus himself.

https://youtu.be/OpnBtlnm5eA

https://youtu.be/uVzUTuTMT-w

Gothic space horror vs post apocalypse magical realm.
>>
>>50976807
source on pic?
>>
File: 1476877682581.jpg (758KB, 813x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476877682581.jpg
758KB, 813x1080px
>>50977010

No idea found it on /tg/ thread likely the Juxtapoz sculpture artist set.
>>
File: weyland_by_taziobettin-d5qxdzo.jpg (650KB, 677x900px) Image search: [Google]
weyland_by_taziobettin-d5qxdzo.jpg
650KB, 677x900px
Trying to buy some time for the content generators to spawn some more wriggling revenant OC from their pickled New Year's noggins.

Trying to properly ponder a Demon's Crest/Dead Space mashup but will have enough typed for a full post before presenting.
>>
Know what always confused the hell out of me? How did nobody ever use chemical or biological weapons against the necromorphs?
>>
>>50980003
Bio weapon I think would be useful - they are dead after all. Or at least, maked from dead tissues.
But chemical might work - provided you have time AND secured lab full of fucking necromorphs. Gases might not working on them - I don't really think they breathe.
>>
>>50980003
Because most of the people who had access to them were either the crazies or didn't think they were a threat until said necromorphs were clawing their faces off. I have my doubts that biological weapons would have dome much with the possible exception of a weaponized flesh eating bacteria. Chemical weapon wise I doubt nerve agents would do anything, same story with blister agents or dessicants/asphyxiation agents. Chemical wise your best bet would be to atomize a super acid, like fluorosulphuric acid, and hope it didn't eat too much of the pressure bulkhead before it neutralized.
>>
File: nice wizard.jpg (26KB, 348x480px) Image search: [Google]
nice wizard.jpg
26KB, 348x480px
>>
File: 1389815939056.jpg (125KB, 630x700px) Image search: [Google]
1389815939056.jpg
125KB, 630x700px
>>50980262
Chemicals would definitely work... if you didn't care about collateral damage. Just watch the following:

https://youtu.be/ckSoDW2-wrc
>>
File: Unitology_Symbol.png (110KB, 498x274px) Image search: [Google]
Unitology_Symbol.png
110KB, 498x274px
>>50982359

Might Dead Space's stasis technology also be used to slow down dangerous chemical reactions in CEC industrial applications?
>>
File: 1331054694973.jpg (69KB, 447x453px) Image search: [Google]
1331054694973.jpg
69KB, 447x453px
>>50982575
Wouldn't surprise me if that were used in universe. I can see the following situation:

>Issac wanders into a chemical storage room
>A casual glance at a container reveals that it's filled with Azidoazide Azide, if you saw the vid I linked, you'd know that this shit can just go off by itself, triggered by fucking nothing while resting completely undisturbed.

"Oh, fuck, FUCK! Why the fuck isn't this in stasis?!"

>Enter now into a section of the game where Issac now has to get the fuck out of dodge and also tip-toeing on eggshells that can vaporize the whole building you're in when cracked, or when they feel like it.
>>
>>50982626
>Okay, okay. I can do this. Just...gotta be careful--
>skreeeeeeeee
>FUCK.
>>
>>50982359
As a chemist this video pleases me.
>>
>>50979720
Sweet, never heard Demon's Crest, but I look forward to it.
>>
>>50980354
This, trying to poison a dead body doesn't really do anything.
>>
>>50983662
Chemical weaponry doesn't necessarily mean poison. Acid is also a chemical weapon. Like shown in the video at >>50982359 fluoroantimonic acid would be okay if you didn't mind kind of a lot of collateral damage.
>>
>>50984046
On star ships/stations/high density population areas, yeah...that acid shit wouldn't go over well. Especially considering how often everything breaks on those things.
>>
>>50984092
So use something not quite so volatile as fluoroantimonic acid. I'm sure any well-equipped chemistry lab could rig up a decently corrosive chemical sprayer that they'd be more than capable of defending themselves with. Well, as long as they weren't batshit insane from Marker exposure.
>>
>>50984136
And what are the chances of that working out well? Chemical sprayers would only really work during cleanup.
>>
>>50984181
It would also be pretty useful for room clearing, to set up a defensible area.
>>
>>50984192
So how fast would a necro have to charge to give you a acid soaked hug?
>>
Would necromorph blades be able to pierce Mk 7 Power Armour? Terminator? How would a Marine necromorph look like?
>>
>>50984201
I'd say just stand in a doorway, ready to slam it in its face while hosing it down, but you're being pedantic, so I'll just drop it.
>>
>>50946509
Have you ever even watched or played either media? None of the characters you're writing talk like this.
>>
>>50984211
unsure but a brute might be able to simply crush him, the bigger forms would crack them like they where made of twigs

as for a marine necro i can see it as hunter without the regen or not as advanced, and all the strength of a brute (and then some)
>>
>>50984211
Not possible, they aren't mono blades, rending claws(cutting normal steel does not count, probably), or even power claws. So I doubt they could, cut through them. although I would pay good money to see a Brute fight a marine. As for what a necro marine would look like, I cant see a true marine getting infected, a aspirant or scout though could be killed and changed though. What kind of unstoppable abomination that could make is not something I want to picture.
>>
>>50984244
Necro marines would be rare and almost indistinguishable from a bastard child of Tyranids and Chaos marines of Nurgle, except they'd probably use natural weapons over ranged ones. Except for the ones that have functional acid glands(GW didn't retcon those out yet, right?), which would probably turn into Brute-sized, armored Pukers.

On that thought: Necro!Nids. Thoughts? Concerns? Fears?
>>
>>50984281
I mean, genestealer cults are already basically necromorph cults right?
>>
File: 1460256582763.png (2MB, 1300x1298px) Image search: [Google]
1460256582763.png
2MB, 1300x1298px
>>50984281
Yeah marines still have the acid spit...its not used often, but they do have it to my knowledge.
>Necro nids
piss my pants while pic related. Although I cant see it getting too bad unless a shit ton of synapse creatures get infected.
>>50984311
Not really? They don't mutate until the marker is actually complete and activated, and their dead...so not really?
>>
>>50984281
necro tyranids would be plain faster, stronger and even more inyoface fighting tactics
as a counter, due the decaying flesh they would be a bit more fragile and worse armor
>>
>>50984331
I can see that. Also any tactical ability is thrown right out, all that's left is charge the nearest living thing around them until dead or victorious.
>>
>>50984343
as long as atleast one infector or similar being is up and running any dead feeds the moons plan
>>
Well in that case, how would the hive mind interact with the marker signal?

As I can see the worst case scenario as it turning every tyranid synapse creature into a marker signal broadcaster.
>>
>>50984327
Yah really.

>A sentient plague of cultism infects a local populace and turns them to worship of strange things, while attacking them psychically. Eventually the psychic signal grows powerful enough and the population is consumed entirely in an ancient cycle of alien reproduction that threatens all humanity.

Genestealers cults are thematically similar enough to necromorph cults that turning nids into necromorphs makes sense if you just replace brethren moons with the swarm.
>>
File: 1474187987098.jpg (221KB, 811x552px) Image search: [Google]
1474187987098.jpg
221KB, 811x552px
>>50984401

Necromorphs are quick. They kill, and anything they kill gets up to help them kill more stuff to get more delicious biomass. While this is the 'Nid way, it is not the genestealer way.

Whole part of genestealers is it sits in the shadows and festers like a cancer, breeding its way into the local population until it reaches a critical mass and has enough psychic signal strength to call a tendril to it.
>>
>>50984658
I love that guys face, its what imagine Isaac looks like when he shoots someone that annoys him with crazy...kinda like Mormons.
>>
>>50984658
Both groups operate as cults initially however. Necromorph infestations are just the open revolt stage of a genestealer cult.

The thematic similarities are too strong to ignore.
>>
>>50961585
>>
File: Deep_Dig_Suit.png (976KB, 639x909px) Image search: [Google]
Deep_Dig_Suit.png
976KB, 639x909px
Ok here's part the first of my attempt at sidescroller meets slasher.

Markers & Manglers

The murky twilight was punctuated with the glow of torches mounted on the few lonely pillars of stone still standing. Fires smoldered from their mountings untouched by wind or moisture. Shadows played along the armor of a man sitting against one of these forlorn obelisks.

The tales would call him the Stomping Magus or the Priest of Cuts but his Human Realm title was Issac Clarke. A mortal whose mind touched and fought an alien hunger and survived with enough of himself left to navigate the Ghoul Realm.

Clarke last remembered his world being rent by the tenticles of moon sized corpses. These Brethren Moons had laid an unholy trap for his people through their sanity sapping artifacts. The lure of power seduced Clarke's kin and led the spherical horrors through the song of their Markers.

He regarded consciousness like an intrusion and fought his way back to sleep fitfully as if grappling some unseen foe. That battle was lost as an odd but understandable cadence carried on the moor's still air forcing him fully awake.

A hunched figure that reminded Issac of the Brethren's revenant servants blinked a multitude of eyes from beneath a worn cloak. Roughly where the head was a croaking voice remarked in what sounded like accented corporate english "Red Arremer's corpse what is that?".

Issac realized his armor's helm still concealed his features and line of sight from these newcomers. Preparing for another of the Brethren's tricks he readied the miner's tools turned weapons that composed his arsenal as quietly as he could.

Another similarly cloaked figure waddled next to the second and motioned towards Clarke with a taloned insectile paw
"Smells like meat in a can and doesn't look much better, I'd wager the remains of one of Rushifel's campaigns. Maybe a trophy that fell off its crucifix?".
>>
>>50984658
So does unitology before someone finds a Marker and unleashes the horde of rampaging undead monstrosities.
>>
>>50984695
>>
>>50989108
That's bullshit, unitologist are more successful.
>>
>>50966519
>Tfw no DS4 where you visit the Chicxulub impact crater.
Missed opportunity to shoehorn in dinosaur necromorphs.
>>
>>50944677
Can you guys please have a flag like /dsg/ for Dead Space General, it would be much easier to catch on with a link like >>>/tg/dsg
>>
>>50989725
I'm still waiting for a tabletop pastebin.
>>
File: 1481599701961.gif (4MB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481599701961.gif
4MB, 720x450px
>>50989725
Pic related was the one from two years ago. When I've been setting up the new threads I've been grabbing what I can find image wise and putting it up.
>>
>>50990952
Wouldn't hurt to make some new ones too, if someone could
>>
>>50989108
>Wesbro
>>
>>50991110
What should be on it?
>>
juke pls, we need more stories
>>
>>50984331
Necromophs have the pukers. Tyranids have bioweapons.

Puker + bioweapon nid strain = ???

What are the most dangerous ranged weapons the nids have from a fluff standpoint and could they potentially be projectile vomited?
>>
>>50994595
i might be wrong but bioplasma fills that ticket

infectuous burning plasma, now that is bad news
>>
>>50994675
>plasma has fluid-like properties
>pukers stumble around projectile vomiting
>are a bit bigger than they were in life, almost seven feet tall
>nid!puker is a type of gaunt, bigger than normal
>stumbles around, slamming into things
>when it spots a living target it bum-rushes them, vomiting bioplasma
>the sound of the scream it lets out before doing this draws more of them
>>
File: dMWeHJU.jpg (80KB, 605x657px) Image search: [Google]
dMWeHJU.jpg
80KB, 605x657px
Could a fleet of planet-crackers working together kill all the bretheren moons?
>>
>>50987252

Markers & Manglers, Part The Second

While Clarke's star spanning adversaries counted cunning hunters who could mimic fragments of speech in their stable, these two cloaked creatures seemed far more lucid than the reanimated hordes he once faced.

The two shouldered heavy baskets on their backs and absentmindedly scavenged with a secondary set of limbs while they critiqued Issac's armored form. "Well give it a count four limbs with one head likely a Phalanxian zealot" to which its fellow replied with a sandpaper chuckle "Or perhaps a hero in search of their Prin Prin eh? No matter I bet that Phorapa or Morack will be willing to barter for what remains".

Issac's armor was a miracle of mechanisms and furnished him an analysis of the surroundings to which he silently mused "I'm in breathable atmosphere with roughly colony level air pressure and no contaminants? Can't get any other signals yet". Realizing that his improvised munitions wouldn't explode in his face under the present conditions he was ready to properly negotiate.

"Hands off, where am I and what are you two?" Issac punctuated his demand with the popping report of the handheld death he called the Cutter Of Plasma. The grotesque stonework Issac made an example of slid and landed with a muffled thud onto the loamy soil below proving his weapon's hunger for destruction.

Properly convinced that the armor before them was animate and angry the two cloaked humanoids made a show of piety by bowing and showing for what passed as their quadruple palms up to the shrouded heavens. One of the two creatures spoke while gesticulating in obscene supplication "A grand magician you are, many thanks for not corrupting our forms into poultry or puny manflesh. Since we yet live what do you wish of us oh great one?".
>>
>>50994841
if they can avoid the tentacles long enough to establish anchor points on the moons, then hold those positions, and then manage to play the biggest game of tug of war ever conceived.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_niue5hF1qb1s9htsc.jpg (69KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_niue5hF1qb1s9htsc.jpg
69KB, 500x375px
>>50994878
>RULES OF NATURE
>>
File: 1n26zXw.jpg (33KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1n26zXw.jpg
33KB, 540x720px
>>50994841

Well Brethren Moons are supposedly the power and signal source for the Markers. All that mind shattering crazy being beamed out in addition to any sort of defense mechanisms swarming about its hell satellite chassis suggest it's the opposite of what Planet Crackers are designed to process.

Now if you gave EarthGov and the CEC enough time to retrofit their fleet along with a thorough purging of their ranks of Unitology meme compromised personnel they'd still lose but at least it would be a hell of, short but at least interesting, fight.

Deep coring a Bethren Moon's outer mantle and piggybacking its throes of rage while slice and dicing any island sized tentacles that try to wrap behind it.

Now each Brethren Moon has been 'born' from the death of its birth world's inhabitants so expect it to be able to regurgitate at least some mobile drone flesh to climb along the Gravity Tethers these weaponized Planet Crackers are harpoon their eons old stolen carapace with.

Not to mention the sweet seed like gristle of Marker material that could be spat at incoming Planet Crackers like mind breaking crossbow bolts.
>>
>>50994841
They couldn't get close enough without the Moons frying the brains of their crew. You'd either have to automate them or use them as unguided near-light-speed rams.
>>
File: 1445700911274.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1445700911274.gif
400KB, 488x519px
>>50994996
>End of Dead Space 3
>Brethren Moons converge on Earth
>Portal suddenly opens
>"Hey. I took care of the Hell proble- MOTHER FUCKER.
>>
File: tumblr_n328j7yBgR1qmh869o3_500.gif (942KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n328j7yBgR1qmh869o3_500.gif
942KB, 500x265px
>>50995202
What then followed went down in human history as the greatest display of violence ever seen.
>>
File: image406.png (11KB, 192x255px) Image search: [Google]
image406.png
11KB, 192x255px
>>50994996
>not using orbital tethers to fling brethren moons into suns
>>
File: RIP.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>50995310
>>
>>50995197
Wouldn't the Gellar Field, which is defense against the maddening effects of The Warp, help with that?

Also Marker-infested zoanthrope. Obviously a living beacon for Marker signal. Would it be worse to have it be partially-fused to a half-formed Marker, or for its tail to be split in two, forming a Marker spiral?
>>
>>50995585
Historians question the validity of the claim that Doomguy "fucked the Brethren Moons to death with their own markers until they exploded" due to questions regarding their biology, however penetration is indeed known to have occurred.
>>
File: comfy gandalf.gif (879KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
comfy gandalf.gif
879KB, 500x400px
>>
File: nudoom.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nudoom.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
>>50995751
>Historians question the validity of the claim that Doomguy "fucked the Brethren Moons to death with their own markers until they exploded"

I doubt their credibility as historians
>>
>>50995635
Xenomorph-type backwards-extended skull but the skull divides in half then curls into a Marker shape.
>>
File: DAFFY.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
DAFFY.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
Okay, as I write further, I'm starting to notice a dynamic between Isaac and Shepard.

In my first try, Shepard was kind of a bumbling buffoon who tried his best to fix his many mistakes. I didn't like how that turned out so i crafted Shepard Anew to be a more crafty, shrewd guy who knew how to plan ahead and play smart. It's always been a little harder to write him because he's actually a very boring character in game, with his only character traits and development being in the hands of the player, and even that is limited only to black and white moral scenarios. No personality is really shown.

In the meantime, Isaac's been much easier to write as he has a pre-existing Character, at least to a bigger extent than Shepard. He seems to take problems as they come. The things he's used to dealing with are very spontaneous and he usually fixes his problems with spit, grit, and technical wit. He's not a planner like Shepard and I like how he surprised me as i wrote the Council scene. As I go along, I notice this bouncing dynamic between the two: Shepard's tact versus Isaac's spontaneity. Isaac screws something up that gets Shepard Furious, only to just barely fix it before it screws everyone over. Meanwhile, Isaac desperately tries to find a Solution to a problem that Shepard, with audible chagrin, fixes almost effortlessly as a result of his more clam and concerted methodology.

The reason I want to bring this up is that I want you guys' input. Is this a good place for them to start? And am I implementing it enough/properly?
>>
File: 1360631863880.jpg (19KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
1360631863880.jpg
19KB, 420x294px
>>50997375
Juke, you are doing wonderfully with the characters. The way you write Issac, and Shepard, is amazing. You are so good, I think that you are my new favorite writefag!

But that's just the opinion of a humble Anon.
>>
File: 010_max.jpg (339KB, 1200x1351px) Image search: [Google]
010_max.jpg
339KB, 1200x1351px
>>50997375

This feels like a good place to start.

I was going to type that Shepard would remind Issac of his dad Poul in terms of being the long term reasonable thinker but then remembered that he disappeared into a plot hole after Clarke's 4th birthday.

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Poul_Clarke
>>
File: modernd20.jpg (499KB, 1000x1374px) Image search: [Google]
modernd20.jpg
499KB, 1000x1374px
>>
>>50997375
I like it. But Shepard, when angry enough can be a fucking scary motherfucker.
And what a biography of your Shep? Colonist Survivor ?
>>
>>50997375
Is this Shepard a paragon or renegade?
>>
>>50999100
_no
>>
File: Elminster.jpg (22KB, 300x396px) Image search: [Google]
Elminster.jpg
22KB, 300x396px
>>
>>50999100
why?
>>
>>50996565
got any more cozy pics/gifs?
>>
>>50997375
But I liked the first version...or at least I want to see more after the crews first marker infestation exposure and the others reaction. The new story is cool don't get me wrong, I just like finished stories.
>>
So... Any updates on tabletop?
>>
>>50998990
>And what a biography of your Shep? Colonist Survivor ?

yeah
>>50999100
Kind of a shady, sneaky paragon
>>
File: comfy telvanni.jpg (660KB, 712x1000px) Image search: [Google]
comfy telvanni.jpg
660KB, 712x1000px
>>51001827
Plenty.
>>
File: 1469369887428.jpg (555KB, 1600x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1469369887428.jpg
555KB, 1600x1070px
>>51004896
Excellent. Have one of mine if you didn't have it already.
>>
File: 1482338114967.png (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1482338114967.png
2MB, 2550x3300px
bump from 9
>>
File: misty wizard.jpg (32KB, 374x500px) Image search: [Google]
misty wizard.jpg
32KB, 374x500px
>>51006583
bump from 6
>>
>>51007129
Bump from 5
>>
File: 1472356139981.jpg (1001KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1472356139981.jpg
1001KB, 744x1052px
>>50995202
Brethren Moons are huge, therefore, they have huge guts to rip and tear.
>>
File: IMG_0359.png (1MB, 851x706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0359.png
1MB, 851x706px
Here's a question, why did scientologist space whalers even need all those literal test tube babies? A sizable portion of the Ishimura appears to be dedicated to this.
>>
>>51008913
For replacement limbs and organs
Planet cracking is a dangerous job.
>>
>>51009604
and organic replacements are cheaper than mechanical ones, dont ask me why
>>
File: 1960473.jpg (646KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1960473.jpg
646KB, 1000x800px
>>51009722

If it wasn't for the warping influence of Unitology and the resources wasted in the Sovereign Colony uprisings maybe all that genetic science could have been used to improve the species instead of just photocopy spare parts.

But as it has been shown previous outside of the insane calculations of Shock Jump drives and that somewhat derpy telepresence on Titan station the Dead Space setting doesn't have much in the way of complex artificial intelligence.
>>
>>51011207
also they can build efficient machinery for their lives
and if the intros tell me something that lack of efficiency IS killing them
>>
>>51008913
Spare parts.
>>
>>51009722
Human transplants usually have a higher sucess rate than artificial. So ot may not be cheaper, but is probably more effective.
>>
>>51011207
>But as it has been shown previous outside of the insane calculations of Shock Jump drives and that somewhat derpy telepresence on Titan station the Dead Space setting doesn't have much in the way of complex artificial intelligence.

that might be a result of some geth-like catastrophe. has any DS novel touched up on this?
>>
File: bearded wizard.jpg (37KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
bearded wizard.jpg
37KB, 600x402px
>page 9
>>
>>51016399
Is it time for a new thread?
>>
>>51016702
Perhaps, my dude. Perhaps.
>>
MAKE US WHOLE JUKE
>>
>>50944677
>What's going on here?
EPIC CROSSOVER FANFIC WITH ALL MY FAVOURITE VIDYA CHARACTERS

fuck off back to deviantart

SQUEE WHAT IF, LIKE, ISAAC CLARK MET SHERLOCK AND SILVER THE HEDGEHOG BECAUSE SEPHIROTH HAD STOLEN THE DRAGONBALLS
>>
File: onlyyourselftoblame.png (403KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
onlyyourselftoblame.png
403KB, 500x628px
>>51018654
See, the way you're talking, anyone reading your post would think that you have so many better things to do that you wouldn't waste your time chastising an entire thread on their choice of how to spend their time.

You'd just see that the thread had nothing to offer you, and leave.

But no, you decided to come in here, get mad, and yell at the thread for having fun wrong. So, you really only have yourself to blame for being as mad as you are right now.

I mean, a thread you clearly don't like is in limbo waiting for a writefag to deliver. Obviously you have better things to do than to go into it, inflict it onto your poor, untainted eyes, and expend effort shitposting at the people in it. Right?

Fuck you, no you don't, you're a shitposter. This is all you do. Your alpha and omega. The first, last, and only line of your epitaph. Anon number whatever, the shitposter.
>>
File: JCPenneyTorso002.jpg (66KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
JCPenneyTorso002.jpg
66KB, 720x960px
Derp Spess: Rustling

Joe Nona was employee number 51018654 and contracted to the Concordance Extraction Corporation to maintain the safety and commercial signage within the planet cracker spaceship Ishimura.

Joe's fortunes were changing for the better recently with the majority of the old crew reassigned and new tithed out faces of humanity's favorite cult replacing them.

"All it took was the Markerheads taking over to kill that stale joke!" Nona exclaimed giddily to his uniform's onboard computer. No longer would he have to pay for an innocent mix up that ended with him being hazed as the 'Shit Poster' by miner and command crew alike.

Due to the relentless inspection requirements and frequent product rollouts that made his routine a disorganized obstacle course that wove through the Ishimura like a Family Circus tapeworm Joe had forgotten what his RIG's mapping interface even looked like.
>>
>>51019041
lmao fanfic landwhales are so predictable
>>
>>51020228
Lmao shitposters are so predictable
also bump
>>
File: bang bang pew pew.jpg (405KB, 1200x995px) Image search: [Google]
bang bang pew pew.jpg
405KB, 1200x995px
>>51020604
Don't reply to him

Also, I'm headed for uni on two days, so I'll be even more scarce than usual, But I promise you, you have a wall of text incoming after that. Time for things to start getting messy. Keep it up with the OC and the tabletop brainstroming!
>>
>>51016702
>>51016782
post holiday rush has ensued. I remember in the old threads it skyrocketed around the middle of January, so it's probably gonna be slow for another few days.
>>
>>51023356
Yeah once we autosage let one of the writefags make a new thread after they have time to write.
>>
>>51025610
I could probably do it if Doomed can't. Just like the old days
Thread posts: 269
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.