[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SS13: Space is the Place for a Courtcase Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 62

File: Security Image 12.jpg (162KB, 2048x1668px) Image search: [Google]
Security Image 12.jpg
162KB, 2048x1668px
Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light, medium RP Space Station 13 server.

>What is Space Station 13?
It's a 2D top down atmospherics simulator with who dun it gameplay layered on top. Each crew member aboard the station has a specific job to perform, while a select few are selected to be traitors (assassin/spy/thief).

>Why is this on muh /tg/?
d20 is a server made for fa/tg/uys by fa/tg/uys

>How do I play?
You'll need to download the BYOND client.
BYOND Download link: http://www.byond.com/download/
A BYOND account is HIGHLY recommended

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below (Visual guide: http://i.imgur.com/d9D82fK.jpg).
byond://76.16.8.127:28014 OR byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>I'm new, and I don't know what the fuck to do. How do I swap hands?
Use OOC (backspace say" in the bottom, type OOC and hit enter, or: http://i.imgur.com/RodAGGZ.png), which means Out Of Character chat, and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.
There's also wikis dedicated to documenting the spaceman way of life, but they vary widely from server to server.

>What are the rules?
The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating. Admins will generally only intervene if someone is explicitly playing to ruin the game. Reminder to read the rules in-game.

>What map/code do you run?
We run a heavily modified Ministation map with mostly custom code. Most jobs on Ministation are merged with similar counterparts and head roles have been re-enabled.

>When does everyone play?
The server is mostly populated with Americlaps, so peak times are usually between 7pm-3am EST

>Who are these tripfags?
Usually admins/coders for the server.

Miscellaneous inks pastebin: http://pastebin.com/NmNvRdsG
>>
File: 1434556015907.jpg (74KB, 770x546px) Image search: [Google]
1434556015907.jpg
74KB, 770x546px
>>
>>50920802

I used to play SS13... Whatever happened to the Xenomorph things? I thought those were awesome.
>>
>>50921159
I now want to try a locksmith gimmick where I make people remote signallers that'll open their airlocks.
>>
>Irvan says Owen was less shit
Warms my bitter heart. I tried, but between being the person who kept having to try to calm astv's raging tits, and the normal rigors of captaincy (as a relatively new player to boot), it was an effort. a fucking effort.

I recall vividly a round where I had been a model captain through hours of play, but eventually certain key personnel logged off, and things started slowly going to shit. I had assisted science in getting things set up, and so had some nifty toys, including NVGs.
I sat at my desk for a while, attempting to manage comms and idly drafting up paperwork, when people eventually stopped talking over the radio altogether, and the sounds of distant tools began to echo.
Then, sometimes alone, sometimes in groups of two or three, the rest of the crew tried to break into the bridge, one after another.
None radioed ahead, none yelled at me or tried to justify themselves, all came armed.
So by the one or the twos or threes, I killed them, stuffed them into a locker, and started fortifying the bridge.
Eventually the shuttle was called by someone else, which I suspected to be a person using a communications console built in the well-established science wing. So I sent the shuttle back, and demanded an explanation over the radio.
The response was for the shuttle to be sent again.

For a few minutes, I just sat there, pressing the button to send the shuttle back, growing increasingly furious at the situation.
Eventually, the console prints out:
>We at Centcomm like pressing buttons too.
>We can press buttons longer than you.
My first reaction was "try me bitch"
Then I realized what it meant that Centcomm sent the ticket

The lights had long since gone out on the station, and I couldn't tell because of the Nightvision Goggles.
Everyone else thought this was self-evident, and the comms relay had probably lost power, making my station-bounced radio alerts void to the average crewman.

I still laugh.
>>
Freeman, are you back, or was this just a fling?
>>
>>50921475
Have you ever thought about making a new character, now that Owen is retired?
>>
>>50921509
I've been playing a few new characters, on the off days that I used to play. Or do play, I should say, if this upthrust of population keeps up.

Keeping focus on a long dull round is hard, so I sympathize with shitters and associated others there.
>>
>>50921563
Yeah, I'm probably going to stop using Irvan as I realized again that people meta to me. I got randomly stripped by a HoS and one of the main reasons people attacked him was because I'm Irvan, I think. I might random appearance or try new character, I find it hard to roleplay honestly, but Lee is teaching me a few things about playing a character / gimmick.

I'm going to try to play a Warden on Sybil that is a really shitty undercover cop
An example being putting on a prisoner costume in front of the prisoner in the cell, going in, and whispering plans about how they should make a jail break
>>
>>50921667
I wish you luck in the meatgrinder of the greater web.
Roleplaying, actually roleplaying, takes some practice to get in the right mindset, I can sympathize. You probably don't have tabletop experience, then?
What it comes down to is making fast and sharp the mental leap of derailing your personal reaction with "what would this other person do?"
Gimmicks are good practice for that, since they tend to be simplistic stereotypes that you can easily pander to as a player. But they're also shallow as a result, and quickly lose their charm.
>>
>>50921322
They're still in most servers. Some people just find the game mode extremely boring. It tends to be pretty one sided. Either the Hive will hatch half a dozen Aliens and wipe the station or they'll get fragged early on
>>
Here's the clown's perspective in images:

http://imgur.com/a/781HO
>>
File: Clown Image 19.png (853KB, 677x870px) Image search: [Google]
Clown Image 19.png
853KB, 677x870px
>>50921708
I've been trying, but most groups die. I'm in one now and every other one takes a few days to give a yes or no answer to something.

I figure if I just practice on gimmicks I'll get good enough at it to know what character I want to have.

I do roleplay, but it's more so if I was in the situation rather than what should I do as the person playing the video game. So it's not Hippie level rp, but it's not a lot. Usually what I say is what I think will get a laugh out of someone.
>>
>>50921793
Ah, they grow up so fast.

>I've been trying, but most groups die
>every other one takes a few days to give a yes or no answer to something
You'll be a jaded old grognard ere long, friend.
>>
>>50921485
im alwaysa round if there's people playing I just didnt know we had players
>>
>>50922344
Lee somehow managed to revive the serbian.
Seems the prune-happy janitor is leaving us alone for the nonce, to boot, so people should be able to organize rounds here.

I'll try to stick around some myself.

What discord?
>>
Reminder that nernynams is a shirt and serbians wear shirts also or something.
>>
>>50922620
you_tried.png
>>
Come to think of it, where is nernums?
He's probably put the most spaghetti into the server over the years, so why has he abandoned us?
>>
>>50922372
>lee
REEE I HELPED TOO
irvan
>>
>>50922372
>>50923260
>forgeting me as well
:(
>>
File: i am the danger.png (221KB, 780x406px) Image search: [Google]
i am the danger.png
221KB, 780x406px
>>50923289
>>
>>50920802
Is it possible, as a new player, to accidentally ruin the game by not knowing what you're doing?
If so, how is this avoidable?
>>
>>50923303
Well, if you put a bag of holding into a bag of holding, then a singularity erupts and starts to eat the station.

But otherwise, go assistant and cargo technician and you'll be fine. Play services jobs until you get the hang of everything.

Don't worry about fucking up, it's part of the process.
>>
>>50923303
Don't worry about it. It's basically impossible to completely ruin a round unless you intend to
>>
>can't get (You)s anymore
Welp guess I won't bother baiting Lee into responding to be anymore
>>
File: forms.jpg (94KB, 465x600px) Image search: [Google]
forms.jpg
94KB, 465x600px
>>50923383
Links to your post get dotted lines instead of solid ones.
>>
>>50923511
It's not the same. It's just not the same.
Fuck you gook moot
>>
File: cave.png (676KB, 693x720px) Image search: [Google]
cave.png
676KB, 693x720px
>>50923586
You remember when saging stopped being visible? This is like that, but actually good.
>>
So was Relaxe actually banned in the end? or did he just stop playing?
Is the Relaxe poster actually just Relaxe himself, being anally devastated over getting banned?
>>
File: ha ha face.jpg (29KB, 397x367px) Image search: [Google]
ha ha face.jpg
29KB, 397x367px
>>50923383
>tfw you still get (You)s
>>
Is that a setting somewhere or did you poke around in the CSS?
>>
>>50924180
>using plugins such as 4chanX
enjoy ur chinese bitcoin miner :^)
>>
>>50924210
>Implying I didn't just edit CSS
>>
>nernums has abandoned us and only posts on /o/ now
Come back pls :(
>>
>>50924363
Post it.
>>
File: Screenshot (833).png (119KB, 1223x287px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (833).png
119KB, 1223x287px
>>50924483
>>
>>50924547
Hey cool it worked
Have a (You) as payment my friend
>>
>50924547
logged in to upvote this
>>
>>50924547
Can't ctrl+f for them. What's the point?
>>
>>50924128
>Relaxe
Who?
>>
>>50921159

Cheers mate. The irony was that when I actually started playing detective for real I became terrible at it, right up until I started trashcan diving again.

moral of this story is to not forget your roots
>>
File: 50918351.png (408KB, 1255x2463px) Image search: [Google]
50918351.png
408KB, 1255x2463px
Chopped up the greentext about god's trial from last thread.
>>
File: 50919582.png (609KB, 1218x2142px) Image search: [Google]
50919582.png
609KB, 1218x2142px
And here's Freeman's perspective.
>>
File: 1446257704368.jpg (160KB, 669x564px) Image search: [Google]
1446257704368.jpg
160KB, 669x564px
>>50925950
that fucking cargo tech was such a shit
>tries interfering with an arrest
>announces over supply radio that they've made a secret entrance into permabrig
>even though there's at least two heads present who have supply on their headsets
>carries a shotgun around in the hallways in-hand
they definitely would have been the second in line for a major investigation, warrant and arrest if we hadn't tried prosecuting god.

also we need to seriously sort out the hop's access.
i discovered so many things wrong with that shit.
>>
>>50920802
>Miscellaneous inks pastebin
>Miscellaneous inks
>inks
Good to know we run a tight ship around here.
>>
>>50927229
Gotta deal with the charlimit somehow.
>>
>>50923303
I almost blew up the engine room trying to optimize it with N2O last night
I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually
>>
>>50927416
Just fiddle with your pipes before you hook up cans and you'll be fine.
>>
>>50924128
He got banned repeatedly but keeps coming back under sockpuppets.

I bet you're one of them, trying to stir up trouble.
>>
>>50927578
>>50924128

He's easily the worst thing that has ever happened to this server.
>>
File: fucking freedom.png (279KB, 1598x733px) Image search: [Google]
fucking freedom.png
279KB, 1598x733px
So anyways to continue the greentext of d20
>Gordon gets perma banned for respawning as Billy Mays and killing all of security (in "self defence")
>There's a sentiment in some that he's helpful and don't have a probably, but a lot of people get angry about him so spritefag (I think he was veyveyr or whatever bans him)
>the "go back to veegee" posters appear
>but again, rounds are still fine
>people are fine with death and if the barman gets his shotgun stolen, he's justified in doing pretty much anything besides respawn abuse
>case in point here: https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0333/18/1405072163620.png
>shit like mousetrap signallers in a box labeled "Pandora's box" happen that when rustled triggered 4 bombs was great
>people start respawning ad infinitum because unlike now there was no cap on respawns
>shard cannons start happening
>I think Gordon gets unbanned since he didn't actually break any rules, but is appearance banned
>rounds where cargo would fuck off to make their own station start happening
>astv goes AWOL for a few days and we check out other servers
>we all hate them
>one guy keep talking about his adventures on a shark on vorestation
>server comes up but people keep greentexting vorestation
>we make it so stories have to only come from d20 or something like that
>this gets ignored when the story is good
>Gordon makes shard cannons and people get their anuses unclenched
>Makes guides to medical and RnD and teaches people how to do things like gold slime grenades
>row row fight the powa
>>
What's the philosophy for changes for d20? Some people are talking about making knight armor and forges but don't want to add quality of life changes for botany, what are we aiming for?
>>
>>50929475
Whatever takes coders fancy at the moment.

Gordon is obsessed with guns and general /k/ stuff, Nernums is obsessed with engineering, Mezzo is usually responsible for global overhauls and annie-may etc.
If you want something done with the hydro, your best bet is to ask Emiko, Mezzo or Irvan, if he ever makes it to the admin.
>>
7 people on.
>>
>>50929575
Implying I know how to code in Byond

I can try though
>>
>>50929575
and i try to fix and improve whatever fucky shit i come across
and occasionally make half-finished projects
>>
>>50929475
What QoL changes are you talking about?
>>
>>50930148
More mutations, changes to what's in the biogenerator, better effects on upgrading the machines (seed extractor giving more seeds), and quicker bio generating (not sure if it's faster if upgraded on this server).
>>
>>50930148
Not botany but...
Remove fatigue/stamina or make it not take 6 fucking weeks to regen
Remove blood or make it easier to get new blood
Make mangle less of a hassle to fix. I'd rather just kms and get cloned than do the surgery or ask someone to do it for me
>>
>>50930255
Blood is easy to get back, just make some hemo stim and keep yourself well fed and hydrated and you should regenerate any blood you lost within a few minutes, mangle is hardly a hassle, far less than it used to be especially now that bicarindine heals mangle damage.
>>
>>50930333
How does one make hemo stim?
>>
>>50930351
iron, salt, sugar and water
>>
>>50930255
>Make mangle less of a hassle to fix
Bicaridine/tricord/cryox/clonex all heal mangle, just more slowly than they heal brute.
>>50930223
That's not QoL, that's feature expansion.
>>
You know what would be a good QoL upgrade?

Getting rid of all of Relaxe's sockpuppets.
>>
Pretty good round, I think I'll bring back Easton another day.
>>
File: Great Art 1.png (71KB, 754x754px) Image search: [Google]
Great Art 1.png
71KB, 754x754px
11 people get in here
>>
>d20 station, by /tg/
>zero rp in community or immersion
Nice
>>
>>50932108
>zero rp in community
You should have seen last night's trail then.
Even the two biggest memesters on the server were arrpeeing during that
>>
>>50932174
well he's not wrong, there is a complete lack of an immersion or RP on the server, which would really benefit it a lot.
>>
>>50932188
There's plenty of RP, basically every regular is down to do RP stuff except Matyi because he's a boring meanie.
The problem is, no one really initiates it these days, most don't have any ideas left or the drive to make up new stuff, but if someone starts it everyone will play along as evidenced by the trail last night.
As for "immersion", it's completely objective. Some memelord like Lee may be completely immersed spouting memes while keeping things vaguely spaceman related, while someone else may be immersed by high RP.
There's nothing really that can be done on a community level to fix peoples problems with muh imurshun.
>>
>>50932174
W-who are the memesters
>>
Tried playing once on /tg/ and i immediately walked into something that killed me, and logged off.

Willing to give it a second go if someone can teach me how to play.
>>
>>50932445
He probably means either Lee, Irvan, Gideon or Gorgon
>>
>>50932469
pretty much everyone on this server is willing to teach you if you ask nicely.
>>
File: murdernonstop.jpg (35KB, 697x517px) Image search: [Google]
murdernonstop.jpg
35KB, 697x517px
I haven't played SS13 in ages. When is this server most active?
>>
File: 1461783625579.png (191KB, 479x326px) Image search: [Google]
1461783625579.png
191KB, 479x326px
>>50932364
>played changeling for a bit as MD
>nuked a cargo tech with a napalm grenade
>turn into him
>look for authorities to pin the blame of his death on after claiming to be cloned by the MD freeman
>nobody really wants to listen
>clown is vandalizing cargo
>as a "cargo tech" I can't stand for this and chloral him with a hypospray
>give the succ and turn into the clown
>my assassination target is greiving over loss of corgi
>being the "clown" I must perform elaborate honking ritual to revive corgi
>starting with a blood sacrafice of the killer on colorful runes
>despite being the "clown" its not enough to use honk stamp
>get corgi revived
>while dancing DNA sting everyone around me
>give up on imitating anyone else and log out
>>
>>50920802
>The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating.

>occupations are time-locked
>>
>>50933994
>cant sign on as head of security right away
yeah its better than a whitelist aint it nerd
>>
>>50933994
>this is somehow a problem
It's to stop shitters from joining as captain then using that access to be a massive shit
Hands off doesn't mean "do what ever you want lol" it means they try to not intervene unless they really have to.
Fuck off /vg/ shill
>>
>>50932364
by objective do you mean subjective
>>
>>50934061
Yeah I did
I'm just retarded don't mind me
>>
>>50933950
my corgi didn't even make it to the end of the round because Lee fuckign murdered him
>>
File: Clown Image 17.jpg (95KB, 504x360px) Image search: [Google]
Clown Image 17.jpg
95KB, 504x360px
>>50933874
7 pm est thereabouts, 7 on now.
>>
>>50920802
>oh yay a SS13 server
>join
>lolsorandum griffed

Nevermind, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>50934857
Who what where and why?

Did you ask an admin about it?
>>
>>50934897
Just now. Rewarded for my efforts repairing a hull breach and trying to fix atmos by meme engineer Gordan Freeman pushing me into oil slicks and then beanbag shotgunning me in the face.
>>
>>50934932
Are you the guy who got chaired and immediately went braindead?
>>
>>50934932
>when the guy walking around in a chief engineer's hardsuit is given slightly a hard time being slipped on oil he just goes braindead in the middle of the hallway
I don't know what you expected with a high strung attitude like that, you're doing pretty good silently playing the piano in the bar right now
>>
>>50934957
Yeah you're right man. This obviously is not the server for me.
>>
File: 1418196841177.jpg (169KB, 1016x740px) Image search: [Google]
1418196841177.jpg
169KB, 1016x740px
>>50934986
im sorry I slipped you on oil three times friendo
please accept my apology
>>
>>50934986
So did you actually die or something or are you just crying about getting slipped on oil?
>>
>>50935080
no he's currently in the bar 100% healthy playing the piano
>>
So where's the line between good arrpee and bad arrpee?
>>
>>50935945

Whether or not people tolerate your presence when playing that character.
>>
File: 1482993016598.jpg (88KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
1482993016598.jpg
88KB, 600x709px
>space year xx16
>being a space pleb
>not being a space patrician
>>
So since we're on the topic of role playing, who are the best roleplayers on the server?
I want to know who I should go to if I want someone to join in with muh RP
>>
>>50932364
I hate you faggot, you and every faggot like you.

Look at lifeweb, it has zero rules basically, very similar to this server, even fucking murderboning is justified if it's in character. The only vague rule is that Randy and his team are buttmad slavs and you should act in character/in tone with atmosphere or you will get killed by other players and can get after a lot of requests about you shitting up other players games piles up.
And yet Lifeweb has literally the best constant high rp, enforced entirely by the community itself acting in character at all times and whenever they see a shitter collectively without a fucking word or even LOOC notice killing him.
And that's not even Ruzone where slavs will fucking run to the priest to confess sins every time they do a horrible crime and see some crazy shit, very often rping full on hysteria.
After seeing that shit I am absolutely convinced that all of the "community can't do x or y" statements are completely false, it's just that grand majority of the community does not feel like upholding the immersion and being in character, and admins don't care enough to remind people and punish shitters.
Every SS13 server should feel ashamed that a krokodil addict Russian manages to make weekly updates to his server which has more unique features than any SS13 server at this point, he does all of those updates solo, he also managed to create a community that self moderates. God damn it.
>>
>>50936975
shill
>>
>>50936975
>lifeweb
Stopped reading there
>>
>>50936931
Welsh are not people
>>
>>50937132
>this is what passes for an insult in 3rd world land
jokes on you I'm not even Welsh
>>
>>50937194
You are now
>>
>>50936975
I hope you can help us to foster that kind of community, mysterious Anon.

I'm trying
>>
>>50937355
>Wanting a lifeweb like community
Dear god why
>>
Gordon do you use this page for 10 codes?

http://copradar.com/tencodes/
>>
Tell me about the Trump. Why did he build the wall?
>>
>>50938617
Because Lee touches himself at night
>>
Bump at night
>>
>>50939866
Performing a night bump is a most honourable task.
>>
>>50939973
Fuck it, I'll even do a night story of one of the rounds we had today

>Be CMO
>Have no idea what the new genetics are and am curious
>Instantly the chef is dead
>Get him in cloning and get Askl on the task of a cyro mix
>Get the chef out all healed up
>clean the halls with soap so no viruses get around, give the chemist juice so he can make doctor's delight
>fill up my belt with inapprovaline and some DD with my trusty injector thingy
>also have one doctor who just runs around with a medkit looking lost all the time
>I go to arrivals and Aiden and Donald Trump are accusing a man of being a chinese hacker
>I point out his height and how we are the same
>Then we all line up and notice we're all the same height and similar build
>We call over everyone and we're all the same height and build
>Get a drink at the bar for my existential crisis that everyone else says is a hoax and is merely coincidence, but the chef and Aiden look exactly alike
>Aiden wants a DNA check, the chef is very suspicious and never comes gets it
>No, what the chef decides to do is break into chemistry and blind my chemist
>Apparently Askl gave an assistant space lube and that's the reason
>I try to be nonlethal in the kitchen, but I don't have cuffs
>Eventually sedate the chef after askl is running away completely blind
>Make a note to make chloral hydrate bottles and vials as I stick the chef's face in the deep fryer
>Go to heal him when he dies (I gave him inapprovaline I think so he must've ghosted)
>Surgery Askl somewhat successfully and learn about Aiden's bed + IV drip contractions
>this entire time Donald has gone from Chief Engineer to God King slowly
>He calls me to the Bridge, gives me a medal and a new flash since I burned my old one on the chef, and tells me to work on something along the lines of an Aryan Race strand of DNA
>Also he's blocked off arrivals to keep damn muslims out
>We (see: Only Donald Trump and bandwagon jumping Gideon suceeds from the Globalists
cont.
>>
File: lies.png (240KB, 1275x963px) Image search: [Google]
lies.png
240KB, 1275x963px
>>50940086
>lights go out (Donald Trump says we don't need to pay the bill), space carp and zombies appear, and I'm pretty sure we're in a radiation field
>Get some chloral and cuffs, get the other hypospray, and the rest of the medicine
>Tell Trump I'm rethinking about leaving the globalists when I hear nothing
>Check suit sensors, everyone is in crit in the bridge
>Run over, DD everyone and inapprovaline, and they're up
>A few space carp left, they get dealt with
>Run back to medbay, get my doctor and chemist informed
>Try to make it to the old gaming room, but it's been welded and I have a zombie horde after me
>See if I can get in through space, nope
>zombies can chase really damn well while in space with 180 degree turning
>Think I'm dead, but shuttle gets here and I'm dragged on by Donald Trump
>Heal myself and him, and to others
>Ride the shuttle and get my chloral ready
>30 seconds left yell "FOR THE GLOBALISTS" and inject trump with 30 units of chloral
>It isn't instant on d20 anymore
>Fuck
>He staggers and hits me with an axe, we fight while I inject myself with an assload of doctor's delight
>I get into crit and prepare for the DD to revive me and he gets into sleep / crit
>Askl blows everyone up

The end

The end
>>
>>50940086
>bandwagon jumping Gideon
I find this personal attack on my character highly insulting

>>50940140
>It isn't instant on d20 anymore
That reminds me. Is cyanide still a thing?
I remember it was OP as fuck and would kill you dead in 3-4 ticks
I can't remember how to make it 2bh
>>
>>50940181
I think it still is and I think I remember the recipe
>>
>>50940362
I'm on right now testing it
It's still a thing and I figured out the recipe.
It does 20 toxin damage a second from a brief test I did. Which is fuggin stronk for something that's a one step recipe.
>>
>>50940393
Hint, is it on the wikipedia page?
>>
>>50940411
Our wiki is kilt and I couldn't find anything about it on other wikis
I will give you a clue however
It's equal parts of 3 chemicals. googling the chemical composition of cyanide will also help., but that may or may not get you put on a watchlist
>>
File: cyanide-test.png (26KB, 663x707px) Image search: [Google]
cyanide-test.png
26KB, 663x707px
Did some testing
A 100% healthy spessman will die in around 17-18 seconds from 5u of cyanide
Cyanide OP pls don't nerf
>>
>>50940741
Try mixing it with other chemicals for more damage, even better if the poor bastard you're injecting it with has an improved metabolism from more/more robust livers and better hearts.
>>
>>50940859
Wait a better liver makes it worse?
>>
>>50941546
A faster liver just speeds up reagent processing in general. Medication heals faster but harmful reagents also kill you faster.
There's also a slow liver so choose your pick.
>>
>>50941546
Ticks faster, faster damage.
>>
~~~bump of life~~~
>>
File: botany image 2.png (353KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
botany image 2.png
353KB, 600x450px
anotha bump
>>
Hoo boy, the file's twice as big as when I played here a couple years back. That's a lotta new content.
>>
You guys handle things that happen when admins aren't around, right?

Some dude came on for two rounds and killed me and the CE out of nowhere. CKEY was Ikoden.

Cheers for whatever happens.
>>
>ask to bring in a guy on sybil in for questioning
>immediately run away and shot me with lexorin
>cap kills them
>wasn't a traitor

every fucking time I'm warden, and then they got assblasted in ooc.
>>
>>50945641
Thanks for the report friend, b& the fag.
>>
>>50945841
>banning a person based on anonymous report

Uh, why? That's not how things go. Further scrutiny? Sure. Kneejerk ban reaction? Not even once.
I mean, you reviewed the logs, right? We already had that shit with astv back a few years ago, we don't want a repeat.
>>
>>50945974
Yeah I reviewed the logs. He blew up some welding tank and tried to kill people with NL rounds.
Then when I asked him about it he lied about shit.
>>
>>50946007
Oh, that's alright then. Sorry to doubt you, just had some unfortunate experiences when I had to try to calm down some of our guys.
>>
>>50945822
I'm not sure why people are so adverse to being asked questions, but the SHIDCURITY meme runs deep.
When possible, I try to interview people in the bar rather than the brig, but I know it's not feasible if there's already anti-sec agitation happening.
>>
>>50946265
They expect me to keep track of five prisoners at once when in reality I can only keep one prisoner happy in his cell and run over and ask questions of the other, and maybe run out and try to taze and cuff a perp. Being a solo warden is suffering, especially when you have heads that steal from the armory any chance they get.
>>
>>50946362
And I was considering playing on Sybil.

Warden was one of my favorite jobs on d20 until it (justly) got the axe.
>>
>>50946400
It's actually kinda fun to be this stressed out. I do want a comfy Warden round though.
>>
>>50940086
>>50940140
>shittalk the gods and threaten them with unemployment
>demand a crown and scepter
>"we dont have any scepters"
the give me the spine and skull of the king of the globalists
>gods start to get ballsy
yer gunna be cleaning toilets in hades
>start to summon in plagues
>i call the shuttle and hide in a maint tunnel
>gods remark that my corporate goons dont make good soldiers
>remark that their globalists are worse
>pop out of maint when the coast is clear
>whole crew is somehow alive
>they cheer when they see me
>save CMO
>murderrape CMO
>kaboom
fun round
moral of the story always talk and act like you will succeed and you will
we can build more stations but the the globalists cant un redpill you
>>
>>50944719
its mostly unused sound files
>>
File: wtf.jpg (32KB, 137x169px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
32KB, 137x169px
>wake up after 4 hours of AFK napping in the bar
>PDA with ID gone
>oxygen tank gone
>wallet still in my box
>go to HoP for a new ID and PDA
>walk into engineering for a new tank
>atmos anomaly in botany
>run over
>no analyzer
>fidget with PDA to try and scan it
>get set on fire
>inhaling toxins
>no O2 tank
>get cloned
>walk back to engineering to get a tank
>dead guy and 3 dead carp
>bring him to medical
>grab O2 tank
>fill it
>grab hard suit and repair the windows in engineering
>decide to run a lap
>bring hatchet from the dead guy
>kill some carp
>get some mangle, brought bruisepack and analyzer to treat wounds
>get to the game room
>4 carp
>back off and throw one to death with floor tiles
>misstep
>0g float into 3 carp
>;game room
>go into crit
>wake up to lee patching me up
>thank him and open the shutters to get back to work
>grab my welder from my toolbelt
>the cargo shuttle arrives, gibbing me
>>
>>50949370
You should suck the babypenis Lee has next time
>>
>>50949370
>>50949452
>poly starts to bully me
>server run by bullies
>kinkshame
>slander and lies
you will regret this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ
>>
Meta faggotry, Aiden and Lee should hang each other.
>>
>>50949816
sindri you still had a respawn left did you give up because you couldn't put cuck into your character's names??
>>
>>50949859
I was killed because I killed a griefer who almost killed Lee. Go suck on Lee's cock more Aiden, you meta faggot with admin powers.
>>
>>50949908
Besides I would free him after getting some weapons from armory, he even said that himself. Bunch of cucked aspies.
>>
>be me lee
>consider suicide everyday
>never go through with it because im a coward
feels bad

>>50949816
delete this u bully
>>
File: 1416458464971.jpg (33KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
1416458464971.jpg
33KB, 610x343px
>>50949908
>>50949921
you mean the guy who got shirtless and said fight me in security so you took it upon yourself to beat him with a stun baton and toss him in perma

then when you dragged him back out got beaten yourself, respawned as the same name and job, went back to where you died to collect your shit, got gibbed for respawn abuse, then respawned again with a very slightly different name to go back to where you died to collect your shit finally before rage quitting when a passing crewman took you down??

enjoy head/sec/silicon/appearance ban if you ever decide to come on back friend
>>
>Start playing with name to get Lee's jimmies rustled
>Get to sec
>Some shirtless fag tells me on caps to close doors
>I say fuck off nigger
>He starts fighting me
>I win and toss him to brig
>Come back because i felt sorry for him
>He fucking kills me despite i didnt fight back, fucking cuck
>Respawned because i was grieffed
>Guy with edgyname and admion powers get mad about name
>Gibs me
>Appearance banned

Fuck off, this is traitor deathmatch server nowadays.
>>
>>50950003
Oh, and before I was gibbed I told Lee to not open locker up. He did anyways.
>>
>>50950023
Wow that Lee sure is a rule breaker huh
Opening lockers without permission? Perma-ban worthy
>>
>>50950057
It contained the griefer you admin dickrider. Your kind is even worse than tripfags
>>
>>50950082
>being this mad
>>
>>50950097
I was metagamed and they used admion powers on me despite me being helpful about the griefer. But who gives a shit eh?
>>
>Be Aiden
>Ayy lmao always playing the same role
>Kay he informs me on OOC that the Lee Cuckah troll killed the griff, lets kill him too because he pissed us off ayy

How many times did you suck dicks for actually getting that admin position?
>>
>>50950169
if you could succ your way to admin i would be admin by now
>>
>>50950197
Then he probably sold his fat cheeto covered asscrack.
>>
File: 1466618167708.gif (1MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1466618167708.gif
1MB, 260x260px
>giving the sperging autist (You)s
>>
>>50950229
Nice /r9k/ reaction gif m8, *tips fedora*, you got any rare pepes?
>>
File: 1481717760938.png (722KB, 695x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481717760938.png
722KB, 695x900px
>>50950239
I have the rarest of the rare when it comes to pepes
>>
File: aL9OgBA_700b.jpg (65KB, 606x740px) Image search: [Google]
aL9OgBA_700b.jpg
65KB, 606x740px
>>50950145
That's it Anon I'm coming over to your house RIGHT NOW
>>
>>50950310
Its nice to see falseflags on /tg/
>>
>>50950390
>implying you have a car and you are ripped
>>
File: Here's Johnny.jpg (80KB, 606x740px) Image search: [Google]
Here's Johnny.jpg
80KB, 606x740px
>>50950497
KNOCK KNOCK MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>50950169
I play chemist some times with a different guy.
I came to the back entrance of sec because I heard Lee screaming "RAPE" over the radio.
Saw a guy standing next to a corpse.
Went in there to kick him for justice.
>>50949908
>with admin powers.
kek
>>
>>50950390
>>50950606
>9fag
This website isn't for children.
>>
>>50950706
I'm too lazy to remove the watermark or get another pic
>>
>>50950627
I didnt hear that you meta chucklefucker.

>>50950606
Ebin 9fag meme
>>
>>50950627
>>50951023
Impartial third party that was there, lee definitely said he was getting raped. And I considered going to help, but didn't.
>>
Oh shit this server is still around
>>
REE emote when?
>>
>>50952189
When you type /me
>>
File: ss13.png (2KB, 616x21px) Image search: [Google]
ss13.png
2KB, 616x21px
bump
>>
Freeman, does Nernums do spessmans anymore, or has he ascended from his uncle's printshop into an actual career that utilizes his talents instead?
>>
>>50953193
He was actually playing for a while.

>yfw Gunner Wells is the captain!
>>
>>50953550
>He was actually playing for a while
>spawned as captain
>runs straight to the bar
>goes brainded
Yeah sure I guess you can call that a while
nernums is the least fun admin anyway. Most talented with spaghetti magic, but least fun with fun stuff
>>
>>50953550
>>50953604
Well, that's disheartening news to return to
>>
>be me lee
>crying in the bar after being bullied by someone more robust than me (See: Everyone)
>suddenly feel a more intelligent presence than myself
>oh shit, it's irvan
>not only is he more intelligent than me, he's funnier and better at memes to
>want to tell him he's a nerd and that he should go away
>i can't
>the only words i can muster are "pls no"
>he lubes the entire bar
>being the unrobust little shit i am, i slip
>he bucklecuffs me
>what torments await me, i wonder?
>that's when it starts
>he's reciting his whole greentext collection
>minutes turn to hours
>hours turn to weeks
>the only reason it ends is because someone forgot to restart doombot
>check the thread
>he's took screen caps of every instant of this nightmare
>hundreds of them
>thousands
>each one carefuly edited to hide is windows user name
>entire threads go by with noting but his screen caps of my torment, and the occasional nernums is x and y is x by association posts
>eternally mocked by my only "friends"
>>
>>50955123
kek

I really should look into this. I legitimately get depressed if I can't remember a detail of a round.

Is this an insult because if so I'll stop posting stories. I just like this game for its possibility to create stories.

What am I doing wrong
>>
>>50955203
Just memes, no h8
It was meant to be more targeted at Lee, but I can see how you would take it as an insult. It's not meant that way at all
>>
Reminder that Father Relaxe is still among us, ruining the server every round that he can.
>>
>>50950169
Actually, to get an admin position you just have to not be a faggot, so it's probably beyond you forever.
t. admin without admin powers

Happy New Year, faggots, and sorry I couldn't play for the last couple of months. Hopefully that will change in the next year.
>>
>>50955882
>t. admin without admin powers
wut
>>
>>50953193
we bounce ideas off one another but he's mostly lost interest in spaceman for now
>>
Where does all the water on the station come from?
What are sinks/showers connected to?
Why are there no water pipes?
>>
>>50955973
It's just high-pressure spaceman tears.
>>
>>50955944
Specmods
>>
>>50956197
what's the point of a specmod if they have no power? can they ban people?
>>
>>50956206
They can look at logs, ban, spawn items/mobs, play audio to the server and use anything in the admin fun-panel.
But they can't varedit so what's the point.

Patched the serb for some stuff:
>Fixed AI being unable to click on anything.
>Fixed the slime core removal surgery requiring two incisions.
Apologies to the guy who was really looking forward to playing a round of AI. I was pretty sure I fixed that issue last week along with alien larva and shit but I guess AI code is weird.
>>
>>50956428
>They can look at logs, ban, spawn items/mobs, play audio to the server and use anything in the admin fun-panel
Sounds fun
How does one become a specmod?
>>
>>50956428
>>50956197
>SpecMod
hahaha, wrong
AdminObserver.
>>
>>50956481
>How does one become a specmod?
The first step is realizing it's not fun.
>>
>>50956816
But what if I enjoy not having fun?
>>
>>50956886
Welcome to the admin team, where your actual desire to play dwindles with every waking moment, and you end up shitposting in asay and coding things only to abandon them midway, never actually playing.
>>
File: lee on reddit.png (65KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
lee on reddit.png
65KB, 480x480px
irvan?
>>
>>50958165
No that's me.

I just Lee's haircut on Sybil because
it's funny
>>
File: And then I said Honk Honk.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
And then I said Honk Honk.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>50958184
Also I'm not trying to be edgy, but all other rounds are starting to look shit compared to the Space Court one compounded by Vertigo making me feel like shit.
>>
>when a popular haircut during an american renaissance in culture is labeled entirely as yours
feels popular man
>>
File: corgi crates have arrived.jpg (129KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
corgi crates have arrived.jpg
129KB, 540x810px
bump
>>
File: anondelivers.png (291KB, 1105x700px) Image search: [Google]
anondelivers.png
291KB, 1105x700px
I have decided to spend new years eve with you lowlife nerds. Come online, I don't want to play alone.
>>
This years celebrations where bigger than lasts,i will commence further syrian newyear celebrations when more people arrive
>>
File: adminbusclown.png (16KB, 410x148px) Image search: [Google]
adminbusclown.png
16KB, 410x148px
new shift, already 10
>>
>used to play as a edgy highschooler a few years ago
>failed at robusting and even being a funny griefer
>probably got perma'd at a few stations
...Shit. I-I think I'm still allowed on /tg/station though. Goonstation might be a goner, though.
>>
>>50960795
are you banned on d20 though? that's all that matters
>>
File: shieeet.png (71KB, 1919x1020px) Image search: [Google]
shieeet.png
71KB, 1919x1020px
God told me to kill them all, but I got killed twice.
Does that count or am I going to hell?
>>
>>50961003
Yes
>>
>>50960898
Holy shit. I somehow wasn't stupid enough to get banned from this server. I was literally budding-sociopath-tier for a while.
>would literally run around the station and shank fuckers in the eyes with a screwdriver until I got lynched or perma'd
>when a mod would ask why I just said 'FOR NO RAISIN'
>>
File: banned.png (21KB, 651x290px) Image search: [Google]
banned.png
21KB, 651x290px
No one is above the law here boys
>>
>>50940086
Oh hey, I am in this image.
>>
>>50955123
> medium RP
>>
>>50925944
>>50925950
That's hilarious!
>>
>>50920802
FUCKING SHITCURITY I WAS A CLOWN AND THAT GODDAMN HoS JUST LOCKED MY IN A BOX AND DROPPED ME DOWN THE DISPOSAL AND I STAYED THERE FOR LIKE 30 MINUTES UNTILL SOME GOOD SOUL LET ME OUT, FUCK YOU IRVIN YOU STUPID NIGGER
>>
>>50962566
haha what

I don't play HoS what the shit are you talking about
>>
>>50962599
I DONT FUCKING CARE HIS NAME WAS IRVIN AND IM NOT GONNA PUT UP WITH THS SHIT ANYMORE NOT PLAYING CLOWN ANYMORE ONLY GREYTIDE IM GOING TO STEAL ALL THE FUCKING INSUL GLOVES AND HACK ALL THE APCS FUCKING SHITCURITY REEEEE
>>
>>50962610
Are you sure you were playing on d20

we don't have a disposal system on d20
>>
Happy new year spacemen
>>
I'd play with you nerds but I have RESPONSIBILITIES today.
>>
Irvan is a meme
>>
File: Cargo Image 2.gif (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cargo Image 2.gif
3MB, 640x480px
>>50964577
jokes on you faggot I'm trying to blend in hahahaha
>>
>>50964577
thats right irvan is a meme!
break my yoke release me let it be him
>>
I can't believe that Father Relaxe is still trying to ruin the server, even on new year's
>>
>>50965936
>implying you don't love being a meme
It's the only attention you get, Lee. Don't act like you don't love it.
>>
Everything is Lilys fault.
>>
>>50967283
I agree
Matyi is a massive nerdy nerd
>>
>2017
>still being lee
Shameful
>>
File: 1396153566407.jpg (39KB, 219x265px) Image search: [Google]
1396153566407.jpg
39KB, 219x265px
So is this server any good or is it just tator tot deathmatch + metafaggotry

This thread does not make it look all that promising
>>
>>50969379
Everything you're reading is just a bunch of people who get booty blasted because they got robusted by someone better than them.
>>
File: clown tears forever.png (2KB, 329x38px) Image search: [Google]
clown tears forever.png
2KB, 329x38px
>>50969379
a lot of the complaining you read on here comes from faggots who are mad about something that usually happened a long time ago
to be entirely honest, it makes tgstation moving to a forum look a lot more reasonable, because without anonymity that kind of shitposting immediately becomes less effective when it's visibly either coming from one source or a bunch of new accounts

oh well
>>
Before I download this, is it /qst/ level waiting for a game, /qst/ level I can't join any games because they're all on chapter 217 or is it in the middle where a new guy can join in and get a groove with everyone whilst learning?
>>
>>50969743
The second one
It may take days for you to learn the basics, but how long you've been playing doesn't really affect anything but game knowledge and how blackened your heart is
>>
>>50969823
So it's to much meta for a new guy to really feel welcome since everyone knows everyone. Got it.
>>
>>50969830
No, it just takes days to get used to how the game is played. Switching hands and manipulating inventories etc. will just take some time to learn.
There's also a bunch of different systems to learn like medical, science, engineering, atmos, botany, mining and other things. The longer you play the more exposure you get to these systems.
>>
>>50969379
It's just tator tot deathmatch + metafaggotry.
>>
>>50970162
So it isn't Chapter 217?

Let me clarify my question.
Does it take days to start a game?
Is it new player friendly in the sense that other players aren't so meta it would be like tossing a level 1 in with level 100s?
Will I die instantly and without knowing why so it will need to be explained to me because I'm new?
>>
File: Blood Geometer.png (1MB, 1100x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Geometer.png
1MB, 1100x1650px
>>50970202
We try to have a new game every day, typically around 4 - 7 pm EST

Depends on the player, personally I random appearance every game so people don't metabuddy me. But it isn't clique in the sense that anyone is excluded, but some players might be invited to get more involved because they know that player is funny / a good roleplayer.

You might, but it's part of the process. You get 3 respawns and most players are willing to give a hand.
>>
>>50970235
For the last one I mean more in the, I walked into an exploding barrel/toxic room Because I didn't know it was an exploding barrel/toxic room

Will danger be recognizable and avoidable by a new player?

Also, is it Real time or turn based?
>>
File: detective in ss13.gif (3MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
detective in ss13.gif
3MB, 280x210px
>>50970264
It's a video game and real time.

Well for my first round I walked into space and was trying to talk to people in the living realm through ghost chat without knowing I was speaking in ghost chat. If you tell me what your BYOND username is, I'll teach you when we get players on later today. Just post in the thread when you join.
>>
File: 1440105738379.png (126KB, 790x558px) Image search: [Google]
1440105738379.png
126KB, 790x558px
>>50970202
>Does it take days to start a game?
When people ready up it takes 5 minutes to start a game. You play rounds, not campaigns. A round can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 6 hours.
>Is it new player friendly in the sense that other players aren't so meta it would be like tossing a level 1 in with level 100s?
There's no stats so the only advantage other players have is practice and game knowledge.
>Will I die instantly and without knowing why so it will need to be explained to me because I'm new?
There's people who complain about walking out an airlock into space. There's the possibility that a traitor starts with an objective to murder you, so they might walk up to you and shoot you dead.
When this happens you can use one of your 3 respawns to start with a new character (respawning with the same name and/or appearance is not allowed).

If you tell people you're new to the game they often break their immersion to teach you stuff about the game or at least take you under their wing.
>>50970264
>I didn't know it was an exploding barrel/toxic room
Yes this can happen. There are some dangers you need to be told about or die to to know about. Harmful gasses or bleeding out are notable examples.
>Will danger be recognizable and avoidable by a new player?
Depends on how sharp you are. Most danger is caused by other people, recognizing dangerous people, harmful gas, breaches or hostile NPCs covers most of it.
Fighting other people is skill and knowledge based.
Environmental hazards are easily countered most of the time by equiping a mask and opening an O2 tank.
Hostile NPCs just need to be beaten to death without letting your health drop to low.
>Real time or turn based?
The game is real time.
>>
Man, I haven't played SS13 for a while. Not for a year or two. Mostly stopped due to scheduling.

Anyways, I might get back into it... But just a question anons....
What do you do inbetween the large breaks of nothing happening as a security officer? I remember my shifts were either really boring or fun and exciting as fuck, since I mostly played Security Officer or Warden.

Mostly just asking because the Warden is supposed to stay in his fucking office and not do shit, and I'm curious what people do to pass the time, because that's my most fond memory as a Warden.

And I guess if anyone's interested in a semi-old fag, some security stories that I remember.
>>
File: Security Image 4.jpg (71KB, 429x457px) Image search: [Google]
Security Image 4.jpg
71KB, 429x457px
>>50970426
We don't have Warden on the server anymore.

Most sec officers have to be proactive in order to keep themselves entertained. Used to be shitcurity where they'd go PICK UP THAT PEEL, but most newage officers try gimmicks. So Gordon made everything very legal and used 10 codes, which you can see what came out of that here: >>50925950

On d20 you have to make your own fun with the lowish pop, but I'm sure if you can find something to do, everyone is willing to go along with it. It's hard to explain, but you don't want to be Johnny Thunderhead and chain smoke in the bar.
>>
>>50970426
>some security stories
Pay up.
>the Warden
D20 doesn't have the warden job. It got removed a while ago.
>>
File: comfy bar.png (226KB, 608x608px) Image search: [Google]
comfy bar.png
226KB, 608x608px
Reminder that no other bar will be as good as this bar.
>>
Huh, the warden got removed? What do you have instead?

>>50970492
Oh jeez, alright...

Well, I'll start with the...
Case of the Space Carp.

>Be me, Warden.
>Have three security officers, a HoS, and a loose cannon (AKA: Detective)
>First security guy is Officer Friendly, pretty cool guy, offers to get beer and cigarettes to everyone. Pretty cool guy.
>Second security officer is Officer McNewfag, who's new but Officer Friendly shows him the ropes.
>Third security officer is Officer NotHere, and quickly vanishes for no apparent reason.
>The Detective chain smokes and goes to the bar and is never seen again.
>This leaves me with two security guards and a HoS
>I realize no one has done a shout out over the radio to see if they're active or not, so I get started on that.
>HoS doesn't call out.
>I begin to panic, maybe someone rushed him and killed him, he's probably in tr-
>I find the HoS is in his office, and he seems to attempting to talk over radio and failing.
>He types in all undercase, has left his locker open, and is a wolfman. Not to mention his lack of punctuation.
>This triggers me, but I try to get past it. He's a newfag. Maybe everything will go fine.
>Fast forward +15 minutes into the shift
>some fags are in the VR room and are complaining of space carp. I begin to arm the two officers on duty with energy guns to stop the space carp.
>I wait fifteen minutes. No one really responds.
>I get worried, realize comms are down. Use a station bounced radio.
>Officers don't respond.
>I go to find the HoS and I tell him to go find the two officers. He goes off on his quest.
>A few minutes later the AI tells me the HoS is drunk down at the bar and is hitting on the bartender and basically being an idiot.
>I go down to sober up the HoS.
>HoS gets pissed at the female bartender for resisting his advances.
>Bartender is pissed at the HoS for being a nuisance
>A few drinking engineers are interested and watch.
Continued anons. With more space carp on the way.
>>
>>50970426
I busy myself with upgrading the brig into a luxury suite, or going on patrols like some kind of proactive law enforcement.
>>
File: swag.gif (2MB, 384x282px) Image search: [Google]
swag.gif
2MB, 384x282px
By the way, I think the server this took place on was Citadel Station, I think. Weird station layout.

>Miraculously, this doesn't escalate and the HoS backs down.
>Bartender gives me a free drink, and I ask her if she's seen two officers.
>She just says the detective came down here and the last officer here was about 20 minutes ago.
>Ask her where the detective ran off to.
>She doesn't know.
>I then tell the HoS to stop fucking around and find the officers. He stumbles off drunk and I go back to my station in the brig.
>Ten minutes go by, and I realize that the HoS isn't answering his PDA.
>AI tells me that the HoS's lifesigns read "ded"
>Apparently the other officers are alright though.
>I realize that it's up to me to find the body of the HoS and the remaining security officers.
>I however, arm up in the armory. No one's going to notice some missing firearms, after all.
>So of course, armed with a arsenal that can deal with almost anything, I go to find the HoS and my compatriots.
>As I walk out, I notice something strange.
>There's space carp waiting outside, trying to break in.
>I arm myself with my FREEDOMs, and begin to laser and robust them to death, continuing on.
>A part of me thinks to go back to recharge my stuff, but I don't care, I need to find my officers, damn it.
>I begin to travel across the station, which feels abandoned. Even the bar is abandoned. It feels weird. For the entire next ten minutes of searching, I find NO ONE. Not a single human soul. Only the occasional space carp and bloodtrail.
Part three coming up...
>>
File: nunchucks.png (6KB, 498x138px) Image search: [Google]
nunchucks.png
6KB, 498x138px
>>50970573
that bar was trash though
>rainbow colours, everything clashes together
>no actual bar
>middle setup was a clusterfuck
>people bumping shoulders everywhere thanks to being trapped between tables and hydroponics crap
>on the other side of the tables, opens up into everywhere else so the entire bar is somehow both a claustrophobe's and an agoraphobe's nightmare simultaneously
>blacker than a coal miner's asshole unless you threw flashlights around
>no pillars anywhere to mount actual lights on
>botany setup for some reason
neither a bar nor comfy

>>50970610
>Huh, the warden got removed? What do you have instead?
we just have security officers or the HoS handle it
the average population is too low and we get too few security players to have a job dedicated to managing security's room.

we removed the detective too for similar reasons, in addition to it just being a shit job overall, since its entire role could be performed by an assistant with the scanner (and they'd have no griff revolver, to boot)
>>
>>50970573
You infuriate me. Now I can't find my old pictures of my mega bar. I had comf, I had an "outdoor" cade, I had a smoke lounge. Fuck that rainbow striped shitfest.
>>
>>50970835
I wanted people to play DnD at the tables but no one came unfortunately, so I had each zone colorized differently. The botany was so I could be in the middle of the bar while still get stuff grown.

>>50970864
Sorry to hear that Anon
>>
File: adorable.jpg (169KB, 640x678px) Image search: [Google]
adorable.jpg
169KB, 640x678px
>>50970835
Huh.

>As I search, the AI tells me she's found Officer Friendly in Hydroponics.
>A little weird, but I go and rush down...
>I see Officer Friendly leave Hydroponics and stop him.
>He's covered in black oil.
>I ask him what the fuck's going on, and where everyone is.
>He says that the AI is rogue and is trying to let as much space carp in as possible.
>AI denies this fervently, and says someone's been breaking windows to let the space carp in.
>I don't know who to believe.
>He says that the AI has been turning people into cyborgs, and killed the HoS.
>I ask him how he knows and he says that he was knocked out by a security cyborg and nearly turned into one.
>Suddenly, the door close around us. Sealed, to be specific. As in, I can't open them.
>I begin to see security cyborgs come down the hall... Dozens of them.
>AI laughs evilly, and gloats about our impending doom, and nearly eight security bots come down... Armed to the teeth. Cybernetic teeth.
>We're doomed, And we go down fighting, like true Security.
>We take at least four cyborgs with us, and we spectate... The only living player is Officer McNewFag... Who is being chased by two space carp and gets killed a seconds later for being unrobust.

Welp, that's it. I have a few more but they're not as interesting as this one.
>>
Why do this server still lags? It's 2017, VG and TG both run smooth as butter nowadays and we are still clunky.
>>
>>50971709
The host uses Comcast for internet in an area where comcast has a monopoly
eternal net throttling
>>
>>50971924
That's bad, a $10 digital ocean node can run a SS13 server with no lag now.
>>
Will Dwarf rounds ever live again?
>>
>>50972317
When you get a strawpoll showing >6 people wanting to dorf at the same time I'll throw it up.
>>
>>50970873
I invoke the Irvan!
A picture of a bar that was posted twice before, a year or so ago. The actual bar itself was overhauled with wooden floors, carpets, and new furniture, rearranged with some card tables off to the side.
It was expanded through side doors into botany, the north half of which was turned into a patio with turf floors and a small dining area.
The pet storage closet was overhauled into a small lounge, with a fireplace and smoking accessories.
It should be a wider picture, stitched together from various screenshots.

I've been trolling the archives, but I cannot find it.
>>
>>50972802
Sure I'll do that and continue the D20 greentext.
>>
I just remembered the time I was directly albeit accidentally responsible for so many hundreds of spider overrunning the server that the lag rendered the game to a state of functional bullet time.

I remain amazed that survivors escaped.
>>
GREETING: Happy New Year
ALERT: System failure due to adverse physical interaction with power cable.
STATEMENT: Normal operation will resume shortly.
>>
I'm going to start looking into relocating or replacing Doombot since I just noticed the battery is utterly useless.

There's an external battery backup, but if the power cable is nudged just right, RIP.

So I'm between relocating to avoid nudges, replacing the battery, or getting a newer and more robust server while also relocating. I shall ponder over this. Maybe there's a server at work I can abscond.
>>
>>50974055
RIP Doombot Mk1
>>
So can anyone explain how to actually have fun with this game?
>>
>>50974995
You have to make your own fun
when i was a wee newfag i liked to talk to peoples dead bodies and put on a show for the spectators cause i was always too shy to talk to other players (that where alive)
youll find your way if you look hard enough
>>
>>50975036
Yeah, but half of fun I can imagine is going to get me banned and other half is getting boring in, like, 5 minutes.
>>
>>50975092
Its hard to get banned here
have fun that will be fun for you and someone else and the chances of you getting facefucked are unlikely
what do you have in mind friend
>>
>>50974055
you really need to focus on improving interweb flow

more choking from the serb than a BDSM orgy
>>
File: cloggedtubes.png (54KB, 735x79px) Image search: [Google]
cloggedtubes.png
54KB, 735x79px
>>50975290
Where are you connecting from? We're hosted in the US Midwest.

Pic related is straight from the server console. I will grant you that I have yet to optimize DNS resolution, but things run smoothly for the most part.
>>
Someone meta griffin goo pls save me
>>
File: COMFYZONE.png (255KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
COMFYZONE.png
255KB, 736x736px
>>50970573
pleb tier clusterfuck bars go
>>
/vg/ changelog, January 1, 2017:
>You can now catch items that were thrown at you by having throw intent enabled and having your active hand empty.
>>
File: 1477511459695.png (118KB, 453x443px) Image search: [Google]
1477511459695.png
118KB, 453x443px
>>50975901
>we've been catching live chainsaws for over a year now on d20
/vg/ what happened
>>
>>50975922
It looks like they did a big rewrite of combat code a little while ago.
It might have just been something that fell through the cracks in the change.
>>
File: Maltese Falcon.gif (99KB, 900x480px) Image search: [Google]
Maltese Falcon.gif
99KB, 900x480px
>>50973053
>>50970864
FUKKEN
FOUND IT
>>
File: gordon's bizzare mech adventure.png (641KB, 1085x4667px) Image search: [Google]
gordon's bizzare mech adventure.png
641KB, 1085x4667px
>>50929334
>rounds aren't only murder, the archives kind of suggest that as Gordon did a lot of greentexting, but generally everyone had something they were doing or helping someone to do something
>hossan is a goddamn nigger
>People make meat / sandwhich grenades a lot when they're added
>gordon spaces me by accident when showing me dj station with telescience since I had a BoH
>that feel
>I become a rival of Cornu over a goddamn parrot and him being taser-happy
>Also July 22nd 2014 is officially when others heads lost access to the armory, command and sec the ability to be traitors, and assistants and security officers got maint access
>it goes from security being laughed at for being incompetent to medbay
>Kirill is notorious for dropping everything and doing meme surgeries in the bar
>Doctors pushing you away from medbay so you can't clone
>Kenzie Smith respawns like 10 times
>whiteeagle / nice demon / vore faggot fuck off finally
>Tony Wilo does the same thing
>Respawn set to 3
>Also Joltyxz helps me with science a good amount
>A big difference is there's no OOC in IC really. Everyone is roleplaying (except for maybe Gordon), but even he was in character. Even if the character was an Asian man who coincidentally had 30 brothers who would throw chinese food at you.
>I remember a few rounds where science and security would go to war against eachother
>Security vs Science happens (thanks Aiden for putting together the screencap)
>more guns start to be added / suggested with a spritefag making like 40 sprites
>pancor is suggested around this time
>Gordon held a robust class in the bar showing tabling, storing meds in salt shakers, tactical bins and photocopiers, and other such stuff.
>I robust a borg at round end by removing its battery and it felt fucking good
>Cornu is finally jobbaned from every job that has access to a weapon because he would bait people into fighting him by stunning them

>>50975993
Yeah that's a lot better. But I do like my dnd design.
>>
7 players, I'm on if the newfag wants me to teach em.
>>
>Mining Recruitment Poster
>Do you like mining endlessly for hours? Fighting for your life against dangerous fauna, and bargering with scientists for new equipment in exchange for precious minerals? Then this is the job for YOU!
>bargering
>BARGERING
>G
Someone is getting fired.
>>
>>50976739
>>
New round with 12 people. This time with hopelessly less Aldrich Blob.
>>
Bump of 16 players.
>>
File: 46b42e9ef4.png (391KB, 1914x1058px) Image search: [Google]
46b42e9ef4.png
391KB, 1914x1058px
>when you make very intense police reports but the HoS is mute and afks for 75% of the time and your other officer is lazy as fuck
>>
>curtains are indestructible
>>
File: 1483333161844.png (18KB, 417x668px) Image search: [Google]
1483333161844.png
18KB, 417x668px
>toss four teargas grenades into the chapel and close the door
>nothing but non-stop screaming
>>
>>50980215
Fuck you I'm not associating with your shitty paperwork ruining of fun.

>>50980397
Hoisted by his own petard.
>>
>>50980397
IT'S YOU

YOU ARE THE MACHINECRAFT GAS POSTER

YOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
File: 1482466901956.jpg (27KB, 493x365px) Image search: [Google]
1482466901956.jpg
27KB, 493x365px
>>50980456
the next step after tossing the rest of the grenades in there was putting the gun to my head and pulling the trigger with the one HP round in its chamber
>>50980614
not quite I just thought it was a good image to use
>>
>>50980215
I was looking forward to the trial, but I was a ling and couldnt afford the possibility of being found guilty.
I became the HOS when I found him brainded in dorms, and kept acting shitty to try to defuse suspicion.
Then I method acted all the way to full retard.

I had high hopes, deputy Lee.
>>
That was a good round

Fuck Due Law and Process
>>
15 players
>>
>>50980888
It wasnt me it was a ling with my ID
youll know when im sec
>>
>>50980978
I mean you.
You trusted the jew, and a ling.
>>
A goodnight bump
>>
File: Reading police reports in comfy.png (477KB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Reading police reports in comfy.png
477KB, 1916x1080px
We made a pretty comfy hideout.
>>
Female suit has no fat sprite.
>>
Newfriend i hope i taught you knowlage you will put to good use in the future
and as a side not next time the lesson will go
>medical
>improvised weapons
>suicide
and not the other way around
>>
Elle,
I knew you were trying to report on me to the cops, and had already been through the bridge to clean it and grab the captain'd medal, but I wanted to make sure you learned.
I kept waiting for you to draw on me, but you never did. Warms my heart.

See you later, spessman.
>>
>>50920802
My game keeps getting out of sync before it downloads the 83mb thing, is there a way to download a zip of it?
>>
>>50984433
I don't think so. Plus you have to download all that shit again everytime the server is patched.
>>
So, do we not have a wiki anymore?
>>
>>50987648
This is the closest thing to a wiki for d20
http://www.ss13.eu/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

It's definitely not ideal, but it's still a great help
>>
>>50988127
>doesn't have silane
shit mang

then again silane was nerfed 21 feet under wasn't it
>>
File: scrnshot1.png (333KB, 928x928px) Image search: [Google]
scrnshot1.png
333KB, 928x928px
behold the fully automatic killing machine
>>
>>50987648
Just use TG station wiki. The one with the black logo not the green one
>>
>>50990334
You made a conveyor feed into a disposal chute thrower?

Doesn't look fully automatic, unless there's some sort of-

>conveyors all along arrivals

you absolute maniac
>>
>>50990334
>medium RP
>>
>>50991446
we only say medium rp to keep people who say WELL IT SAYS LOW RP out
>>
>>50991510
It's mostly labeled medium to keep unimmersed power gamers out.
>>50991446
>engineers can't engineer stuff
>>
The Emergency Shuttle Has Docked. It will leave the station in 3 minutes.

ERROR: LEAVING IN 10 SECONDS.

>>50991912
>>50991912
>>50991912
>>
File: 1466507428300.png (865KB, 800x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1466507428300.png
865KB, 800x1142px
>>50991638
>to keep unimmersed power gamers out

W-what about me?
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.