[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help with a classic collection-style quest in writing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I need some help with a classic collection-style quest in writing. Essentially, the PC's need to gather boons from the natural world to drive back invaders. So far I have

>Eye of the Storm
>Heart of the Forest
>The Mountain's Song
>Call of the Wild

They're just idiom based personification used to build an ally to drive back the baddies. What else could I use and what might these things all look like? I want to make something more interesting than just weapons. Maybe the eye of the storm is a silk band that, when wrapped around your eyes, allows you to see and engage beings from other planes who are otherwise invisible, or something like that.
>>
>>50919258
I'll give you a bump while I think about it
>>
>>50920380
Thanks mate, threads a ghost town
>>
Maybe they aren't physical objects at all?

The players go through storm-related incidents and figure out what "the eye of the storm" really means, etc.

Might only want to do that one once.
>>
File: oglaf_6061[1].jpg (22KB, 167x293px) Image search: [Google]
oglaf_6061[1].jpg
22KB, 167x293px
>>50920416
>>
I'm fiddling around with the idea that these boons are either for the characters themselves or a part of some construct that will fight with them. The construct would need to see "with the eye of a storm, fight with the heart of a great forest, and speak as the vast echoes of the mountains" or something like that. Alternatively, giving players intangible bonuses would get them more involved. If they were able to somehow gain "the calm of the storm, crackling with energy until unleashing crashes of thunder" maybe their barbarian PC gets to add thunder damage to all attacks while in a rage. The mountain song for their bard could cause rifts in stone, or the heart of the forest could grant inspiration to nearby allies. It's all loose ideas but I've run out of phrases like that.
>>
Or, just, you know, cool fucking gear but I feel like that's too easy.
>>
>>50919258
Dirge of the Desert
>>
Think of basic biomes or elements to start.

One for the sea, one for fire or flames, thunder, nature, and stone you have down.
>>
>>50919258
But how is that storm related?

The eye of the storm is a jewel that summons a wind elemental

The heart of the forest is a knot of glowing wood that causes plants to grow and life to flourish. Creates difficult terrain and succulent fruits to heal the party

The song of the mountain is a mandolin of gray aged wood and taught golden strings. When strummed it causes the winds to chill and the earth to shake. Doing a blast of cold damage and knocking enemies prone.

The call of the wild is a horn whistle shaped like a howling wolf and when blown summons a pack of ethereal wolves.
>>
>>50920605
Is Sands of Time too lame? I've always wanted to run a timeloop quest but that seems insanely in depth. Or maybe the Clutch of Death as a literal handbag.
>>
There was a famous spell like this in some story, the witch(es) told the hero to gather material components for their spell that were like, "the root of a mountain, the last sliver of twilight," etc., etc. All intangibles, but it was like a riddle and the hero came back with some object for each one and an excuse as to why it fit the requirement. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.