[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 368
Thread images: 32

File: 1474137746431.jpg (2MB, 1900x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1474137746431.jpg
2MB, 1900x1034px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to NativeNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50899164
>Critters_List_2077.zdf
>Go-Gangs:_How_to_stay_safe.knwsft
>The_Juggernaut_Hunter.trid
>NAN_Visum.zdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 2049 (20% Positive)
* You have no new private messages
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running The_Bad_Touch.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Wilderness Edition
>>
>>50918707
>>>Critters_List_2077.zdf
do these include prices
>>
What genemods are the best?
>>
Is there any zoos in shadowrun?
>>
>>50911342
Enable the Drone Modification rules under Optional Rules.
>>
>>50918827

Private, Public, or Corporate?

Private Zoos damn well better be a thing, some super rich asshole with his own personal zoo makes a fucking great target for runs.
Public Zoos? I don't really know, would existing Zoos still be around? Could you go to London or New York and go to the Zoos? Maybe, with flashy Corporate Sponsorship they could still be around. I mean cute and fluffy animals are great PR. I suppose that answers the question for Corporate too.
>>
>>50918827
Sure, they're called Barrens
Most big sprawls have them

>>50918801
Adapsin
Depends on your character
>>
>>50919148
>Sure, they're called Barrens
RUDE
>>
>>50919184
But not inaccurate
>>
>>50918827
Yeah. In the New York supplement they have information on the thriving Bronx zoo, complete with some Awakened enclosures to study paracritters. If anything, zoos are having a new comeback now that the Awakening has created a new age of biological discovery.
>>
>>50918877
Hi yekka, I love the work you're doing with chummer! My group spent part of last session marveling at all the cool features.

I noticed that chummer has radar sensor listed as a sensor function, and that they could be put in an array. Is that how it should be?
>>
>>50918781
Someone made an animal price list. Hope this works for you omae.
>>
File: palmtree panic good future.png (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
palmtree panic good future.png
80KB, 640x480px
>>50918707
>cyberpunk is designed to keep you trapped in high tech depressing urban environments
>nature hostile and hard to connect with to reinforce cyberpunk setting
There will never be a "good" future where the best of both worlds get along together. Hold me, chummers.
>>
>>50921093
you got sci-fi and stuff like postcyberpunk for that
>>
>>50921117
Yeah, but Shadowrun's mechanics are awesome. Welp, time to start working on a very long homebrew campaign that is about making that happen very slowly behind the scenes.

Is there any organization with money in the lore that shares my dream? So far the closest thing I've found is terrafirst, but they are radical eco terrorists and that wont do.
>>
>>50921093
>2075
>Holding someone in a non-sexual manner
Romance is dead, chummer, get with the times.
>>
I'm sad the point based mod system for weapons is no longer supported for Chummer. Why'd it go away?
>>
>>50920106
Hrm. Looks like it shouldn't be, in 5th.
>>50921232
What point based mod system?
>>
>>50921255
I'm not sure if it was 2e or 3e, and >>50921232 could be referencing a completely different one, but I remember one of the older editions had custom gun rules that let you make a few hilarious guns.

The one that stuck in my mind was the 100+ round cylinder or drum handgun that hit like a shotgun, fired like an AR, and hid like a streetline special.
>>
>TRIVIA-VERSE
>WHALE RIDERS
>Maori whale-riders of Aotearoa spend most of their life on the ocean with whales. Many of the followers bond to the whales and become riders above and below the waves. They have rings of rafts as their home, providing a place where they can protect young calves.
Is this an awesome thing is Howling Shadows, or thw awesomest thing in Howling Shadows?
>>
>>50920321
>Aliment Category S
>Behemoth
>Thunderbird, Greater
Aren't we reaching a little beyond our grasp here? Also, why are these things on the list and not meistersingers?
>>
>>50921314
3e. And you just explained the reason as to why that system went away.
>>
>>50920321
How do I incorporate something like this into Chummer itself?
>>
>>50921093
The cities are pretty fucking hostile too, and you'd be shocked what you can find out in the wilderness.

Take, for example, my current character that I'm in the process of building.

Back in the 2020s, when Goblinization first hit, my character's great grandparents started an ork commune/homestead out in the wastes to escape persecution. They went survivalist/neoprimitivist with it, and within just a few decades had become a small pastoral tribal village made of the children of outcasts.

Come the 2070s, there are no living members of the tribe who still remember cities as anything but a bedtime story. My character is a child during those early years, when an army of the hungry dead, led by a powerful necromancer (a wizgang of Infected, led by a full-on Magician) rolled into town, slaughtering and consuming all of his family and friends. As the sole survivor, he swore vengeance, which is what has eventually brought him to the distant land of 'Seattle' with a magic axe and a coat of arms (gang sign) to try to mete out vengeance.

Along the way, all kinds of other shit happened that might catch up with him again too. He worked as a slave constructing something out in the Mojave before starting a revolt and escaping into the night. He raided armored caravans as part of a Mad Max gang of road warriors straight off a heavy metal album cover. He survived a manastorm during a spirit stampede.

All of these little plots left with loose ends instead of resolved, so that my GM can bring them back up whenever he needs to spice things up a bit.

Point is, there's plenty of shit outside of the cities. You just need to start less thinking cyberpunk at that point, and more thinking pulp fantasy, post-apocalyptic, heavy metal, and occasionally just traditional hillbillies.
>>
Chummers, I am trying to build a pistol adept, with the intent of going full John Wick/Neo/Grammaton Cleric mode (pick your poison). What adept powers do you recommend for this? I've got a full 6 magic to work with. Currently considering Improved Reflexes 2, Enhanced Accuracy (Pistols), Nimble Fingers, Wall Running, and a rank or two of Mystic Armor (or maybe Combat Sense). However, I'm new enough that I don't know if those are good choices.

I also took Prototype Transhuman for delicious powergamey bioware.
>>
>>50921423
I thought it was a combination of that and most of the actual guns either being under-pointed or impossible build without really breaking the system over your knee and usually not looking much like what you wanted except in the numbers department.
>>
>>50921579
Go full Improved Reflexes 3 to start out. It's worth it.
>>
>>50921579
>Prototype Transhuman
>Awakened
Scum
>>
Is it metagaming if I have the fixer be the person my runner is indebted to and just have the GM limit my nuyen rewards accordingly?
>>
>>50921613
>implying a corp breeding program with the endgame of a supersoldier wouldn't attempt to breed awakened individuals
>>
>>50921437
Hrm. They'd most easily be lifestyle qualities, but that gets affected by alterations from stuff like suprathyroid. Um. Could just make it a gear item, I suppose.
>>
>>50921673
>attempt
That's the keyword here, because AFAIR they do far have not been able to do that. Which is why awakened PT-subjects should be even MORE wanted.
>>
>>50921630
Not at all
>>
>>50921746
>have not been able to do that.
...Reliably, of course.

Now here's the million nuyen question: Would an emerged PT be even more wanted in-verse?
>>
>>50921746
>>50921785
>Would an emerged PT be even more wanted in-verse?
Almost absolutely.

>even MORE wanted.
Since his backstory is that he was extracted as a toddler by a pair of runners, who then decided that hey, turning a 2-year old over to someone who's obviously from another megacorp and wants to experiment on them is probably a bad idea and subsequently went dark and adopted him, yeah, he's probably wanted by at least 2 high-powered parties.
>>
>>50921807
hey thats pretty cool, anon -- Where are his parents now?
>>
>>50921854
Unless I rework it before the game starts, dead. They semi-retired from running and got a place outside Seattle, until an out-of-control fire in their block cost them their lives (guess they ran out of Edge). Adept kid managed to escape, but watched the building burn as Lone Star and emergency services did nothing but contain the blaze because 99% of the residents were SINless garbage (hello Prejudiced [Outspoken, Police] quality.)

Not sure if I wanna stick with that, or have his adopted parents still kicking around somewhere.
>>
>>50911278
Oh hey. Someone actually running foundation.
I've got a question then.
How do you hitchhiker with a commlink?

I mean to hitchhike someone through the gateway you have to have their persona on the host. If the host is public, it's no problem. But how do you get a computer illiterate hobo shaman with a meta link into a private host?
>>
So if I wanted to cast spells from 11km away through walls, what would be the best thing to use to do that?

I have enough enough nuyen to buy every eye augmentation in the book btw.
>>
>>50922290
Not this shit again
You can't do it with cybereyes, no matter the enhancements unless the target is already visible, in which case you can just use a telescope
>>
>>50921579
Take Combat Sense instead of Mystic Armor. Gun adepts are meant to evade damage, not soak it.
>>
>>50922383
Can someone who actually knows the rules help me out here?
>>
>>50922435
you got your answer already. too bad you don't like it
>>
>>50922435
The only way to do this involve the Prodigal Spell ritual, a spotter that can reach the target to see them (a watcher works), and a Direct Combat spell.

Note that the spell will travel through the astral, so while physical walls might not be an issue, mana barriers, vines, and other things you might not think of can be.

Theoretically, it can also be done with Indirect combat spells, but then your spotter also has to be able to open a path to the target, which requires a lot more skills than just Can Astrally Perceive the Target.
>>
>>50922469
I would like your answer better if you were actually correct.
>>
>>50922555
The answer is correct: you can't do this shit with cybereyes, no matter the enhancements
The only way is >>50922503 which has the disadvantage of needing a spirit or person being able to see them and requiring a ritual
>>
>>50922503
No, I can make a dude experience mass agony from up the street. I've done it before and I'm pretty sure my GM knows more than you.

He's been running games since 4e.
>>
>>50922607
Unless you want to put some facts behind that anecdotal evidence, you can go away now
>>
>>50922607
Then why don't you ask him?
>>
File: 1416882514831.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1416882514831.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>>50922607
This is like the /tg/ version of "my dad works at Nintendo." Here's a smug anime girl, you fucking sperg.
>>
>>50922669
How about you show me first. Just so I know that you're not full of shit and that this general actually serves a purpose.
>>
>>50922401
Current setup is:
Combat Sense 3
Enhanced Accuracy (Pistols)
Improved Reflexes 3
Nimble Fingers
Wall Running (mostly for flavor)

I have 15 armor from other sources (Armor Jacket, Helmet, Forearm Guards). Think I'll survive for a while.
>>
>>50922676
This is supposed to be a general, I shouldn't have to bother my GM when you fags are the ones who can't answer a simple question correctly.
>>
>>50922711
I'm sorry that you can't accept reality when it proves you wrong.
>>
File: 1351401959115.png (63KB, 223x176px) Image search: [Google]
1351401959115.png
63KB, 223x176px
>>50922751
Well we clearly don't know how to do what you say within the confines of the rules, so it's looking like your best bet is to go find someone who does.
Like your GM.
>>
>>50922716
>this general actually serves a purpose
There's a difference between serving a purpose and serving (you).
>>
Removed the direct reference because.

Also started in 3e if you want to get into that kind of wagging contest.

But more importantly, down the street isn't 11 kilometers. That's over six miles, at which point you need to be like, 25 to 30 meters up so that you don't have the horizon blocking you. And that still doesn't matter because through walls is what you specified, so that had to be a tall wall.

But let's play. In 5e, the second step of spell casting and the description of Clairvoyance effectively rule out through walls. It would definitely count as digitized or augmented and Clairvoyance says it can't be used for targeting. So, both those say you need the ritual I mentioned and either summoning, the Watcher ritual, or a metahuman with astral perception.

Oh, yeah, and LoS AoEs can't hit what you can't see (step 2 again), even if they're in the target area.

Now, 4e this stuff is on Step 3 instead, but has similarly worded exceptions. Nothing that substitutes for your visual sense isn't the exact quote, but it's close enough for corp work. AoEs even have the same limitation (but in 4e you can trade dice for a smaller area).
>>
File: 1380546437730.png (179KB, 462x450px) Image search: [Google]
1380546437730.png
179KB, 462x450px
>>50922751
Nobody is obliged to help you. But you got an answer. Your fault you didn't like it. Go bother your GM if you think they know so much. One more smug for the road, saltlord.
>>
What if I make a dude with scales that's a corporate level SINner?

Should I make him a mage?
>>
>>50922845
>What if I make a dude with scales that's a corporate level SINner?
Hope your GM is too beta to screw you over for it.
>>
>>50922797
The general's purpose of to provide information.

All you're interested in in spreading misinformation and calling people names. You should be ashamed. People like you are why we get /pfg/.
>>
>>50922607
>4e
>experience
Get back to me when your GM started in the 80s in 1e
>1 mile range bows and Troll Tanks that shrug off small arms fire
>>
>>50922827
Any augment that costs essence counts as natural sight.

Keep up.
>>
>>50922845
>>50922877
First run will be extracting him and getting that SIN burned as fuck. It could work.
>>

Nope. Not any. Both have their own outs, although 5e's is more explicit about it.

And now that I think about it, you'd be taking an awful dice penalty for all that distance and smog.
>>
>>50922948
Thanks, I'll ask my GM if that's cool with him.
>>
Prototype Transhuman Adept guy here.

Was discussing character ideas in our discord server for the game, mentioned 2 details:
1. Took Wanted as my drawback trait for PT.
2. Character has roman numeral IX tattooed on his face below his eye, indicating he's number 9 in whatever breeding program whatever corp was running.

Turns out another player, playing a cybered-out troll, also took Prototype Transhuman, and also took the Wanted drawback. The GM straight-up told him to put a numeral III somewhere visible no his character.

Are we fucked? We're fucked, aren't we?
>>
>>50923039
Hopefully in the fun way. But as I don't know your GM, who's to say.
>>
>>50923039
Yes. But do not fret, for there is potential for fucking awesome games because of it.

Don't build boring "safe" characters, chummers.
>>
>>50923039
You'll never guess what your other fellow players took...
>>
>>50918707
>catgirl in the OP
Yes, this pleases the catposter.

>>50923039
That sounds like it could turn into an awesome hook. Or end up with you guys being hunted down by other members of the program.

Should be fun either way.
>>
>>50922827
>arguing with the troll
awful
>>
>>50923089
This is gonna turn out to be some final fantasy 8 shit.
>>
(You) are making making assumptions on whom (you) are speaking with, anon, and questionably informed, too. Lurk more, and keep hanging out in /pfg/.
>>
>>50923342
How about you go back there since you're only here to cause problems and be confrontational.

You won't even meet me in a conversation because you know that I'm right. Link to my post properly you fruit.
>>
>>50918837
Ignore that guy; it's a good idea.
>>
>>50923470
Y'see, that's what I thought.
>>
I'd steal Prototype Transhuman Adept Anon's character concept but my GM would probably strangle me.
>>
>>50923587
It wouldn't be nearly as busted if we weren't using sum-to-10 generation. Prioritygen makes it hard to get both high magic and enough nuyen to buy decent bioware.
>>
>>50923785
Would or make that much of a difference to get B priority nuyen?
>>
>>50924125
You could, but then you'd lack either attributes or skills, which is kinda the point with prioritygen, and helps stop these kind of shenanigans.
>>
>>50923105
I didn't know you allowed furries to propagate here?
>>
File: 1461484372471.jpg (259KB, 789x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461484372471.jpg
259KB, 789x1000px
>>50918707
Are there any good alternative rules for heavy weapons? I feel they are a little weak compared to automatics.
>>
So they nerfed the Ultimax Rain Forest Carbine a way long time ago, but they didn't drop the price of the weapon at all, so now it's more expensive than an Ares Alpha and is objectively terrible.

Should we make the URFC great again?
>>
>>50918707
how do you all fluff collecting and refining regants, as well as regents themselves?
>>
>>50925069
Reagents can be anything relevant to a particular tradition, but unless you're rat mentored, only your tradition's reagents are worth finding.

That means chasing mana storms or finding undiscovered/unclaimed/unharvested areas where a background count is currently aspected towards your tradition.
>>
>>50924693
What's your beef, exactly? You have access to suppression, smart/burst-linked explosives, and big scary missiles. They fill a specific set of edge cases, some of which are simply outside the scope of Automatics. There's always going to be a tradeoff.
>>
Still working on that Not! ninja mysad thing from last thread, wondering if i should switch stats B and Magic A for Stats A and magic B, since im unlikely to buy more than 4pp at chargen anyways. Any suggestions? (plz)
>>
>>50926149
Sounds good to me since you can pad Magic B and PP with your SAP and Karma - not so easy to do for Attributes. I rarely take a high Magic priority myself.
>>
>>50926167
It's my first attempt at an awakened(thats what they call spellcasters right?) character, so it's slow going, i've gathered i should probably grab improved reflexes and critical strike for whatever melee weapon i end up using, as well as a weapon foci, which will be his sword so theres that problem solved, but beyond that, im kind of stumped.
>>
>>50921201
When in doubt, make up an A or AA rated corp.

At least EVO's huge transhumanist and progressive agenda could certainly factor into environmental causes, especially since they're friendly with xeno/metasapients that would call those wild areas home.
>>
>>50918707

We're beginning a SR4 campaign tonight with my usual gaming group, and they wanted me to play a face/hacker ( Foreverhacker here).
I was bored with most of the usual options ( done classic hackers/adept/TM already), and I stumbled upon the AI rules. My GM doesn't have any bias towards me playing one, so I created that AI born from a feel good software for lonely people (like the ones actually being released in japan), with the mandatory cute schoolgirl appearance, shitty inherent programs, and soft personality.

I heard AI were shit at pretty much everything, and by the rules i've seen, that didn't seem to be so problematic.
How are they shit?

But more important question : How do I make the party live the dream of having a cute schoolgirl AI companion to relieve their loneliness? (besides sexual things , of course.)
>>
So who's gone running in Sydney before?
>>
>>50926298
Cunt's Fucked.
>>
>>50926416
I know mate, but I wanna know if any cunt's actually tried running or playing in the storm-bordered, corp-run independant fucking city-state of Sydney.
>>
Noticed the Master Index edition of shadowrun isn't in the mega: https://u.nya.is/wikhgq.pdf
>>
Test
>>
>>50926218
>How do I make the party live the dream of having a cute schoolgirl AI companion to relieve their loneliness?
First you get an I-Doll and
>(besides sexual things , of course.)
Uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....gossip, I guess?
>>
File: a big guy.jpg (74KB, 520x592px) Image search: [Google]
a big guy.jpg
74KB, 520x592px
How do I shadowrun as a large Ukrainian machine gunner?
>>
>>50926958
Well, you pick a race, you boost AGI and STR, you put points into Heavy Weapons (Machineguns), you come up with a background story, you round the character out with more skills and gear and there you go. Ukranian machinegunner ready to run!
>>
>>50926958
Step 1: get 10 STR (this is easiest as a troll)
Step 2: get a cyberarm with gyromount, as well as smartlink cybereyes
Step 3: do all the proper gunman stuff (high AGI, high Automatics and Heavy Weapon skills, etc)
Step 4: get by on assault rifles and SWAT armor for a couple of runs
Step 5: once you have enough money, either purchase a Ruhrmetal SF-20 and install a smartlink system and a custom handle on it, or purchase a RPK HMG and install gas vents 3, a smartlink system and a custom handle on it.
Step 6: Laugh and enjoy yourself as you run around full-autoing your foes with a heavy machine gun and suffer no recoil.
>>
>>50926218
>How are they shit

The Matrix rules in SR4 specifically make attributes unimportant in determining your dice pool for actions. The popular house rule is using the attribute either as the limit for successes on Matrix actions or just part of the limit, but the point is that attributes don't matter. This means that aside from getting better hard or software, the only way to normally increase your dice pool for your hacking is to increase your skills, which is expensive as hell. Metahuman hackers get around this with some cyberware. The rating 2 Encephalon gives you a hard bonus to logic skills, and most Matrix-related skills count as logic-based even if they don't actually use the attribute in the test. But, as an AI, you don't have a body, so getting 'ware implanted in your is a no-go. Also, bear in mind that most important targets keep their systems off the grid. You can afford to lessen up on your wireless defenses if your most valuable systems aren't on the Matrix at all. Hackers have their own ways of getting physical access (my personal favorite is finding an employee roster in a personnel database and temporarily becoming the nighttime D-sec guy), but an AI, lacking a body, is always going to need someone to bring their home device to wherever the target is and that just isn't always an option. It is astounding just how much not having a body limits your ability to interact with the world. Also, if I remember correctly, AIs need some special quality in order to rig, which is a hilariously easy role to side-grade into for any 4e hacker worth anything.

There are a lot more reasons that AIs needlessly limited compared to physical beings, but these are the three that immediately come to mind.
>>
>>50922607
>No, I can make a dude experience mass agony from up the street.
Of course you can, using Image Magnification.

11km, on the other hand, isn't going to happen unless you're high up enough to have actual line of sight.
>>
>>50924870
They un-nerfed it in errata. Now it's SA/BF, as the same damage and AP code as an Alpha, and unlike an Alpha is Restricted instead of Forbidden. It's the highest-end Automatics weapon in the game that you can legally carry now.
>>
>>50927383
>that you can legally carry
You say that like anyone cares about legality outside of chargen and the odd run where you have to cross borders.
>>
>>50927352
Isn't it a moot question because you can target anyone anywhere in the world with a ritual casting?
>>
>>50927271
Man, why do they consistantly fuck the rules for anything more complicated than a troll?
>>
>>50927506
Theoretically you can, though you need a ritual link that isn't too old.
And if you are in a position to get it, why not just kill them there?
>>
>>50927352
This guy gets it.

I don't why the rest of these fuckwits didn't understand basic logic.
>>
>>50927566
There are plenty of reasons you'd not want to kill someone at the same time you're collecting a link for a ritual. One time my group walked in on a triad mage casting a ritual on someone who hadn't been keeping up payments on their "protection policy".
>>
File: Amazonia Attack.jpg (729KB, 1210x786px) Image search: [Google]
Amazonia Attack.jpg
729KB, 1210x786px
>>50921201
You might consider Amazonia. They have a huge sprawl and millions of citizens, many of whom are metasapients, intelligent paracritters, and similar.

Of course they're horribly racist to regular metahumans.
>>
>>50927629
Well yeah, that and if you want to kill multiple people (see SR storytime for an example)
But the original question was about killing someone from 11 km away
>>
>>50921093
Just turn all nature in fucking dead toxic deserts and/or underwater early 21th century city ruins flooded by climate change melt water from the arctics.
>>
>>50927003
>you pick a race

He did. Slav.
>>
>>50927654
Not so much racist as "FUCKING METAHUMANS GET OUT OF OUR JUNGLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>50927668
I know, but it still seems like a moot question when the rules make it clear as day that you can break into someone's house, take some hair from their hairbrush and use that to cast a ritual that will fireball the target wherever in the world they are.
>>
>>50927823
Thing is: if you already have access to their house, why the ritual? Why not just a Ex-Ex grenade under their bed?
>>
File: Magic Ritual Gone Wrong.jpg (563KB, 1275x825px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Ritual Gone Wrong.jpg
563KB, 1275x825px
>>50927961
One advantage I can think of is that the murder happens on your schedule.

Once you get the ritual sample, you decide when to use it. Might be that night, might be 10 years from now. You don't have to wait for the guy to go home and get in bed, you don't have to worry about his security sweeping the area and finding the bomb or about him going to ground in the PCC because he heard someone was gunning for him.

If you do the sample collection properly, he'll never even know you were there or that he needs to worry about that. There's nothing that can give him warning and put him on guard until the moment of the ritual itself.
>>
>>50927961
Because grenades can be traced back to me but magic cannot.
>>
File: 1481089908422.jpg (333KB, 1900x1460px) Image search: [Google]
1481089908422.jpg
333KB, 1900x1460px
>>50928015
Not true. If the magic investigators get there in time, they can trace the astral signature back to you, or at least get an idea of who cast the spell (allowing them to find you later if you do it again).

Buying an anonymous grenade from some arms dealer is way easier than trying to make your ritual magic murder anonymous.
>>
>>50928008
>you decide when to use it
Yes and no
Yes, once you have the sample you doing have to cast immediately
No, samples degrade, even more so if you don't store them properly and after some time (can't remember right now how much) you can't use it anymore
>>
>>50928077
*don't have to cast immediately
>>
>>50928033
Well I mean, if your GM goes out of his way to fuck you up the ass for breaking the railroad but y'see, we're talking about good games here, ones where people aren't sitting at the table out of obligation.

So magic is untraceable because by the time they get there, it's already gone.
>>
>>50928077
Canonically there are frozen samples taken by corps that last for years, and even if it isn't frozen it's still viable for quite a while. Our magimurderer is not under any real time constraint.
>>
>>50927271

Thanks, I'll bear those in mind. I suspect the creation cost is prohibitive because of the "having no body" stuff, and yet it seems to be the greatest problem with being an AI.
>>
>>50927961
Because you want to kill him in front of his boss to send him a message. Because he just got on a plane for a week-long trip to Tibet and you want him dead by tomorrow. Because it's actually easier to get a ritual sample than it is to get to him. Sure, you have to jump through a few hoops to justify ritual casting, but you can say the same about casting a spell at someone 11km away through cybereyes or whatever that bullshit was. It's like asking "how do I get good at firing at people very far away with my pistol" when everyone knows sniper rifles are what you want to fire at people very far away.
>>
>>50928116
The signature lasts for a number of hours equal to it's Force, chummer. Unless you are trying to kill someone with a F2 spell, or you're going to all this effort for someone whose spectacular magical murder the police won't investigate for more than a working day, the signature is still there to find.

The only way you can avoid that is if your GM rules that the ability to reduce signatures can be done remotely, which is a big misreading of the ability (it explicitly leaves the signature both where it was cast and where the effect happened, and different areas with different background counts need to be dealt with separately in all other cases).
>>
>>50927477
The cops pay pretty close attention to that, in the games I've played in. Having a license for a gun they've discovered is the only thing that makes them reluctantly let you keep it instead of confiscating it.

Speaking of which, I should organize a heist on a major police evidence lockup. Whether it's valuable contraband or evidence that can be sold to paydata brokers (and which then gets ransomed back to either the police or the criminals in question) I bet you could make a fucking mint off of it.
>>
>>50927654
Is that official art? Whats that snake guy in the front?

Id love to play something like that and not have to rely on SURGE shenanigans.
>>
>>50927654
>They have a huge sprawl and millions of citizens
The largest sprawl in the world, actually. 200 million people in a single mega-city, surrounded by jungle that's completely reclaimed the rest of what used to be Brazil.
>>
>>50928015
>Because grenades can be traced back to me but magic cannot.
Grenades are borderline anonymous, traceable back to a manufacturer, but probably not you personally.

Magic, on the other hand, leaves an astral signature keyed specifically to your unique aura, and lasts for hours before fading. It can be scrubbed, but you have to be present, in person, in order to scrub it.

And the more powerful the magic was (higher Force) the longer the signature lasts too.
>>
File: Amazonia Elves.jpg (201KB, 1005x654px) Image search: [Google]
Amazonia Elves.jpg
201KB, 1005x654px
>>50928247
It is official, but I have no idea what that thing is supposed to be. Might just be the artist decided to fill out the crowd with some weirdos.
>>
>>50928247
>Is that official art?
Yes it is, it's from WAR! I don't know about the snake guy, but it's art of Sirrug and some other Amazonia extremists attacking an Aztlan military base in Cali during the Bogota War.
>>
>>50928240
>Having a license for a gun they've discovered is the only thing that makes them reluctantly let you keep it instead of confiscating it.
That's only for restricted gear, you can't get any licenses for forbidden gear so they'll always confiscate it.
>>
>>50928310
>Might just be the artist decided to fill out the crowd with some weirdos.
Shadowrun's been full of weird, unique mutants since long before SURGE came into existence. Unfortunately, ever since then, SURGE has gotten far more pagecount than non-SURGE unique weirdos.
>>
>>50928340
>That's only for restricted gear, you can't get any licenses for forbidden gear so they'll always confiscate it.
Yes, thank you, that's my point. The Ultimax Rain Forest Carbine is Restricted - so you'll get to keep it - whereas the Alpha is Forbidden. The niche that the RFC fills is that it's a burst-fire rifle with Ares Alpha damage that's legal to carry without getting confiscated and fined.
>>
>>50928193
>explicitly
Sorry, can't trust anyone who uses this word unironically since last thread when people claimed day job "explicitly" said shit that never happened.

Next time come up with a cite and I might be able to take you seriously m'kay?
>>
>>50928418
Just go read the actual book, you fucking nerd. This is a discussion thread, not a debate team.
>>
>>50928450
>Oh no, please, stop BTFO'ing my shitty argument, my precious little brain can't take it.
How 'bout you stop being a puss and admit you were wrong chief?
>>
>>50928473
Man, I'm not even the dude you're shitposting at. I just want you to fuck off.
>>
>>50928368
Yeah, but that's only a worry if you run into cops all the time. I don't know what it's like running against the corps, but I've been running a 50/50 split of criminal syndicate vs criminal syndicate stuff and miscellaneous stuff and the only cop I've seen was Mr Johnson.
>>
>>50928315
>>50928310
Im realy kinda bummed that there isnt a Lizardman metavariant yet.
I mean its probably the easiest race to create with SURGE and i get that Shadowrun likes to run with mythological examples but come on did realy nobody think of "Reptillians" in a dystopean cyberpunk setting? Realy?
>>
>>50928483
This is a general, not an echo chamber you fruit.
>>
>>50928498
To elaborate: its easy to make a single Lizardman character as a PC, but if you wanna make a Reptillian conspiracy plot then you gotta settle for something else or homebrew A LOT.
>>
>>50928493
In the games where I've played, there's the assumption that the cops do routine scans and have security checkpoints all across the city, and that's before taking into account the police just stopping you 'because they don't like your look.'

If cops just don't pay any attention to you whatsoever in your games, then I can see how legality would be a non-issue for you.
>>
>>50928498
Too obvious, and they're a bit redundant with dragons having so much power and influence.
>>
>>50928418
>Generally, when magicians cast a spell or perform a ritual, they leave their astral fngerprints on it. This is called an astral signature, and it’s produced on anything affected by magic skills or abilities. This astral signature can be detected by anyone with the assensing skill. A signature lasts for a number of hours equal to the magical effect’s Force after the effect (spell, critter power, astral battle, or whatever it was) ends, slowly fading into the background. An astral signature of a spell can be detected both where it was cast and where it took effect.
Page 312. Now fuck off.
>>
What are some good stealth focused spells for a mys ad to pick up? I mean, besides invisibillity and/or the improved version thereof.
>>
>>50928498
>Im realy kinda bummed that there isnt a Lizardman metavariant yet.
They're saving it for whenever they get to be explicit about Earthdawn being part of the setting again. Lizardmen and stone dudes were default races in Earthdawn, so as soon as both licenses are being published by the same company again (if ever) expect that to be the edition where we officially see them added.
>>
>>50928537
Influence and the Traceless Walk adept power.

I can't tell you how much our mage being able to Jedi Mind Trick people has help us, collectively, with stealth.
>>
>>50928530
According to that page, you can also hasten the time it takes for the astral signature to fade.

Guess you're wrong again. Better luck next time.
>>
File: 1437935679540.jpg (102KB, 736x980px) Image search: [Google]
1437935679540.jpg
102KB, 736x980px
>>50928537
Always get Improved Invisibility.

Also Trid Phantasm, Influence (to send a guard to the bathroom so you can sneak by), Stealth, and either Chaotic World or Poltergeist. Either of the latter two work for a "cause some panic so you can get out" moment, I prefer Poltergeist because it's not directly contested against by the targets but is still diverting and deploying tactical confetti is really fun
>>
>>50928498
Im bummed about everything involving shadowrun races, from nagas being snake only to SURGE being the main way to play non-standard types. And don't get me started on how fucked the rules are for things like ai and free spirit.
>>
File: Security Heavy.png (278KB, 535x433px) Image search: [Google]
Security Heavy.png
278KB, 535x433px
>>50926133
I guess my beef with it is that most automatic rifles with a box magazine or a sniper with AP ammo can do what most heavy weapons do better.
>>
>>50928483
>Stating opinions and asking questions is shitposting
Damn, we reddit now bois.
>>
>>50928519
To be fair, it's not like we're going into AAA areas as part of our runs. In fact, I'm not sure any of us go to AAA areas for anything other than downtown Seattle shopping, and we ain't packing too much heat for that. Our GM has never specified the security level of any given area we've been in, but if I made an educated guess, the highest security area we've run in is C rating, maaaaaaybe B rating.
>>
>>50928570
>The only way you can avoid that is if your GM rules that the ability to reduce signatures can be done remotely
You have to be present where the astral signature is, and each scrubbing action requires a roll, a complex action, and only reduces it by 1 hour.

Unless you're present where your target was killed in order to scrub your 'finger prints' from the scene, investigators will be able to read your Astral Signature for Force hours to come.
>>
>>50928546
Werent Eathdawn lizardmen basically Pterodactyl people?
>>
>>50928557
Since i was thinking of grabbing critical strike for my sword, and trackless walk is covered by it as well, do you think i should spring for "Unseen Way" quality im grabbing four power points at the start anyways so im gonna be able to discount them and squeeze in improved reflexes 2. >seems< a good call.
Though granted the way is 20karma and seems STEEP.

>>50928572
Stealing that spoilered idea, might get some good results due to overwhelming "Wait, WTF" it would cause in guards. Also, thanks for the spell suggestions. Got 7 to work with so should be able to fit 'em all + some extras.
>>
>>50928643
He was already told that at the beginning of the conversation in >>50928193. Don't reply.
>>
>>50928537
Levitate. It lets you move whatever you want however you want. Never underestimate how useful it can be to fly.
>>
How well do spook tactics work?
Is it viable to scare guards away with bleeding walls, animate hands, spinning chairs, and ghastly voices?
>>
>>50928643
You can do it multiple times and it doesn't say that I have to physically be there.

In case you forgot, your shitty homebrews don't count compadre.
>>50928661
I didn't know you fags got this triggered. I had my suspicions in the last thread but I guess now it all but confirms it.
>>
>>50928660
I'd much rather grab the extra power points at chargen than Unseen Way, honestly, since those extra power points are only available at chargen, but Ways can be acquired during play.
>>
>>50928728
>You can do it multiple times and it doesn't say that I have to physically be there.
You have to be physically present where you're Astral Perceiving. Astral Projecting is its own thing entirely.
>>
>>50928737
So, ditch way, spend karma + the 1 special stat point i have from being a priority E human to bump magic to 6 and then buy 2 more?
>>
>>50928660
The way I worked out the confetti with my GM was that it increased the visibility penalty to Heavy Fog (the confetti was future stuff with microLEDs mixed in, practically blinding), but no Stun Damage unless there was significant other detritus in the area. Take a couple pouches with you, and remember to stand far enough away from the AoE that you don't get covered in the herpes of art supplies yourself. Also have a backup pouch of nails for something painful and terrifying for unarmoured people, and a bottle of flamethrower fuel you can easily pierce for times when you REALLY need a distraction

>>50928683
If you cut their communications? It can be fucking terrifying. Most experience people have with magic is through trid shows, and you better believe the average guy is terrified that some evil spirit or blood mage might tear them to pieces while laughing evilly. If they can't raise anyone through the comms when magic shit kicks off, they're likely to tactically retreat to the farthest place they can get to.
>>
>>50928683
Depends on the facility. I imagine there are a few research facilities (particularly the magical divisions of Aztechnology) out there where that shit is a bog standard day.
>"Hey Juan, the walls grew eyes that cry tears of blood again."
>"Dammit Alejandro, this happens every day. Why are you bothering to tell me this?"
>"Because they showed up like 15 minutes before they usually do and they're a blue and green eyes instead of the usual hazel-brown ones."
>"Huh, that's weird. Go get Santiago and Diego to check it out."
>>
>>50928753
For sure. A Mystic Adept who fails to start with the maximum number of PP is a mystic adept who's failed to purchase a chargen-only resource. Mystic Adept PP starting PP is as much a permanently, un-correctable part of your character as Metatype, because unlike any other chargen mistake you can't just correct it by buying it during play.
>>
>>50928779
>>50928772
I feel like you need a good decker in addition to a mage.
I mean, how else are you going to make the lights shut off one by one creepy style?
Or cut comms?
>>
>>50928814
>I mean, how else are you going to make the lights shut off one by one creepy style?
Powerbolt.

>Or cut comms?
Powerbolt.
>>
>>50928810
Problem is that doing so requires more karma than i can get at chargen. So i'd have to do something like swapping my E metatype priority for Skills which is currently a D, and i gotta admit i feel kind of strapped for skills as is though maybe the gap between 18 and 22 aint that big a deal?

Currently im looking at metatype E, Stats A, Magic B, Skills D, Resources C.
>>
>>50928818
Eh, it's just not going to pull it off as subtly and elegantly as a decker might.
>>
>>50928818
I don't think you can do that very remotely
>>
>>50928772
The confetti thing is actually amazing, love it. Love it to bits. Good call about keeping distance too, a "ninja" covered in glitter herpes is not a very ninjaish ninja after all.
>>
>>50928863
>D skills
>on a magic and infiltration build
>>
File: f1ed2506634.png (304KB, 734x1000px) Image search: [Google]
f1ed2506634.png
304KB, 734x1000px
So I want to try making an egyptian-themed shaman character, all curses and summoning servants and such. Maybe invest in some cyber or bioware for some cat or jackal ears on her, to fit the theme and because I'm a huge fucking faggot like that.

Problem: my familiarity with shadowrun is limited to the CRPGs and one game where none of us played a character with any matrix or spirit stuff because we were mostly new players.

So, 1) how much difficulty am I fixing to get myself into by trying to learn spirit shenanigans, 2) what is generally the deal with egypt and its ancient shenanigans in the setting and what should I read to find out more details, and 3) if it is plausible, what sort of things would you recommend mechanics-wise to fit the character concept?
>>
>>50928873
>Eh, it's just not going to pull it off as subtly and elegantly as a decker might.
As far as I can tell, non-elemental spells are invisible force, so it'd just be lights popping one after another.

>>50928894
Line of sight.
>>
>>50928986
Literally first time im doing ANYTHING using magic at a higher priority than E, so if you got suggestions do speak up.
>>
>>50928814
>how else are you going to make the lights shut off one by one creepy style?
Silenced rifle
>>
>>50928997
But it's not going to be a good spook job if you have to multitask between punching out the lights and doing other spooky stuff.
>>
>>50929005
Being a sneak and being magic both requires a fucking lot of skills, ideally at as high of a rating as possible, compared to most other archetypes. Where Street Samurai need tons of Attributes, mages more need tons of Skills.
>>
>>50929029
Sustain spells for the other spooky stuff.
>>
>>50929045
Or you could leave the lights to a decker and do double the spooky stuff.
>>
>>50928745
Where does it say that?
>>
>>50928991
>getting cyberware or bioware for aesthetics
>on a shaman
Just wear a mask dammit. It was good enough for other shamans for thousands of years, so it's good enough for you.
>>
>>50929032
So how would you put priorities then? Cause that E rating has to go >somewhere< and im rather iffy about putting it in resources desu.
>>
When performing a spook job, is there any spell to make comms say and do spooky shit, or is that best left to the decker?
>>
>>50928991
1. Not at all. Spirit wranglers are a known and powerful archetype.
2. Check the sixth world almanac and IIRC shadows of Asia
3. What edition?
>>
>>50929134
There's probably a spell for it, but I can't imagine it being worthwhile when there's a decker around.
>>
>>50929158
Sometimes, you need a commlink to grow tentacles and crawl into the air duct
>>
>>50929095

Maybe they only wore masks because they didn't have science enough to make the mask's features their own!

>>50929155

Thank you. It's fifth edition.
>>
>>50928546
It ain't happening. They severed ties to both settings, and as far as neo-FASA's concerned they have their own Sixth World planned that's more of a Mad Max style wasteland.
>>
>>50929252
Nigga, you don't blow essence on aesthetics when you're a magic user.
>>
>>50928991
>Maybe invest in some cyber or bioware for some cat or jackal ears on her,
Real talk: SURGE instead.
>>
>>50929155
>Spirit wranglers are a known and powerful archetype.
There a good guide for one, for somebody who's never really done much magic stuff before?
>>
File: Egypt Statue.jpg (57KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Egypt Statue.jpg
57KB, 700x700px
>>50929302
If he's going Spirit Boy, he can lose a point of MAG off the top. Gets a Pain Editor on top of the bioware and he's ahead of the game.

The only thing is that Egyptian Tradition per Shadow Spells is an Intuition tradition, so he needs to pump that and CHA for max magic friends. Still, it's not super attribute intensive.
>>
>>50929360
Step 1: get 6 MAG
Step 2: get WIL + (your drain attribute) as high as you can. Since I'm guessing that you play a mage of the Egyptian tradition that's INT. Best fit this are dwarves due to their high WIL, though the others can work. Also get good CHA
Step 3: get your summoning and binding skill as high as you can
Step 4(optional): get some summoning foci
Step 5: get yourself magical lodge material
Step 6: get yourself some spirit tasks at chargen
Wa la: 1 spirit wrangler
>>
>>50929528
>Wa la: 1 spirit wrangler
It's "voila", you philistine.
>>
>>50929528
But what priority should I be at? What optimal sum-to-10 shenanigans to get into?
>>
>>50929554
That's a joke
>>
>>50929576
That depends on what CharGen method you use
>>
>>50929597
>what priority
>what optimal sum-to-10
are you blind or something, it's asking directly about priority and sum-to-10
>>
>>50929614
Chummer: WHICH ONE DOES YOUR TABLE USE?
>>
>>50929630
THIS IS ASKING ABOUT BOTH, RETARD, BOTH.
>>
File: Tinman 181216.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Tinman 181216.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Hey Guy, any idea on what i could spend my Karma on?
I'm playing a heavy cybered up Sorta-Streetsam with 4 Cyberlimbs and decent mental stats.
Migh main Focus on Progress is in improving my limbs with stuff like armor and Gadgets, but i only need Nuyen for this.

And good idea how i could spend the 25 (and soon more) Karma i already accumulated?
Shooting skills are decent already (16-18 Dice for automatics, Chummer doesn't Show it right), so i'd like to improve on some other parts.
Rest of the team is pretty big on firepower to, if that is of some help.

Attached my character for reference
>>
>>50926549
Thank you, Chummer! Getting it up now!
>>
>>50929648
First of all: Why the fuck are you asking for both? If you play at a table the GM should tell you which system to use
Second: here's a rough sketch of a wrangler made in Sum-to-ten: http://pastebin.com/xbiNjcvi (Ignore the Sprite in the title)
Third: Here's a rough one for Priority: http://pastebin.com/A4VtzMhB
>>
>>50930072
>Why the fuck are you asking for both?
Because I have no table and I must build.
>>
File: mfw no table.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mfw no table.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>50930086
>>
>>50930086
If you're not in a game, why the hell are you getting super-basic chargen advice? The whole point of theorycrafting is to learn about how the system works; it defeats the purpose if you squawk for exact priority choices and have everything spoonfed to you. It's not like there's a paucity of magician character sheets out there on the internet if you want to see what some people have made as finished products.
>>
>>50927271
>the only way to normally increase your dice pool for your hacking is to increase your skills, which is expensive as hell.
Are you shitting me? 4e A Is had the [profession] autosoft, which turned all technical skills into a matter of Nuyen and understanding how to turn multiple programs into one. Why do you think they worked so hard to fuck that route for 5e?

>an AI, lacking a body, is always going to need someone to bring their home device to wherever the target
Use drones to set up a laser or microwave link grid. You don't need shit provided you have the Nuyen or favours to chain your way to the target.

>AIs need some special quality in order to rig
True, but that quality also allows them to use autosofts, and they get access to qualities that make them amazing hackers.
>>
>>50928240
>The cops pay pretty close attention to that, in the games I've played in.
Official material puts 'cops giving a shit' as a thing for areas with some importance or appearance of maintained peace. You almost have to shoot someone to be checked for a license outside those.
>>
Hey there, chummers.
What are adept powers that cannot be duplicated by spells? I'm asking for a mystic adept.
>>
Is there any magical or cyberware basis for splitting ettins?
>>
>>50929302
>Nigga, you don't blow essence on aesthetics when you're a magic user.
It's generally more powerful to take a point of essence hit on magic users anyway
>>
What are the chances of free sprite PCs?
>>
>>50933564
Do free sprites even exist?
>>
>>50933595
Yes.

>>50933564
No.
>>
>>50933631
What? What makes you so sure? Was it confirmed along with no free spirit PCs?
>>
File: 1478746410179.png (666KB, 1126x845px) Image search: [Google]
1478746410179.png
666KB, 1126x845px
>>50933650
Any sensible GM.
>>
>>50918707
I need pictures of heavy sniper rifles and assault cannons. Please help.
>>
>>50933650
They've already done AIs and Drakes in the least group-friendly way possible. Maybe you'll get your wish in the technomancer book, but I doubt you'll like it.
>>
If you've got 8 Edge and most of your dice pools are 12 or less, is it better to Push the Limit or Second Chance it?
>>
>>50933787
That has nothing to do with anything and you know it.

>>50934180
Oh, I doubt it too.
>>
Shock weapons, like shock gloves, stun batons, or cybernetic shock hands, hold a specific number of charges before needing to be recharged. Wouldn't it be easier just to carry around a bigger/multiple batteries for them?
>>
>>50934221
Do you need more than two gloves with ten charges each?
>>
>>50934221
chummer, how many of these charges do you even need to use? for most intents and purposes the charges in them should be enough

also:
>bigger/multiple batteries
what exactly do you mean by that
do you mean
>replace the internal batteries by external batteries?
in which case you have to think about whether you can even replace these normally, since they are apparently small enough to be contained within your hand/glove/baton. If you can replace them then you still have to "charge them". If not you have to modify it to give an external battery connector, which may mean that the glove is now a glove and a battery, which might hinder it, not to mention how you'd do it with a cyberhand.
>>
So, what's the in-universe explanation for the different bone lacings costing different amounts of essence? Is there a given reason that lacing your bones with aluminum is twice as invasive to your body and confusing to your soul as lacing your bones with plastic, and lacing them with titanium three times? Or is there really no reason for it other than crunch balance?
>>
>>50934715
>what's the in-universe explanation for the different bone lacings costing different amounts of essence?
None. Essence is only explained IC insofar as "it's a game" doesn't get there first.
>>
>>50934715
It's not really about your 'soul' per-se. Honestly, if there's anything at all from Earthdawn I'd really like to have imported into SR properly, it's the idea of 'Patterns'. That's the problem. It's altering your personal 'pattern' too much. When you look at it like that, things like bone lacing costing essence make a lot more sense.
>>
>>50934829
But what makes some of them alter your pattern more than others? I can see plastic being the least altering because most of you that isn't water is hydrocarbons anyways, but I can't see why titanium would be any more altering than aluminum.
>>
So.
Should I include enemies and traits in my character background and build that could fuck over the group?
On the one hand, it fucks over the group.
On the other hand, it gives the GM a whole pile of tools to work with to make interesting things happen.
>>
>>50934978
>Should I include enemies and traits in my character background and build that could fuck over the group?
Only if you're getting karma for that shit.
>>
>>50934959
Because the pattern of 'you' shifts accordingly. 'You' being a partial plastic man is offensive, but not completely untenable, to the pattern that is 'you'. 'You' being a partial titanium man, on the other hand, might seem a little bit out there and way too wacky comparatively.
>>
>>50935111
Yeah, but why is titanium worse than aluminum?
>>
>>50935157
That's just the way it is.
>>
>>50935111
but then what's the difference between being a part-titanium man and part-aluminium man? And shouldn't the aluminium man lose more essence, since while titanium is plenty in its raw form, elemental aluminium is RARE AS SHIT
>>
>>50935016
I'm getting karma on most of them, except the ones I spend karma on.
Because fuck what everyone says, a supersoldier prototype on the run is a classic that I will always enjoy.
>>
>>50935168
It's more offensive to your pattern.
>>
File: 457632145677.jpg (56KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
457632145677.jpg
56KB, 720x479px
>>50935168
You should know this one by now.
>>
Why is it that someone who is a singularity seeker loses essence when they get robot parts?
Wouldn't they start at low essence and gain more as they become more what they were intended to be?
>>
>>50935199
because they're still fucking around and not 'knowing their place'.
>>
>>50935190
well then my form should stop being such a little bitch and get offended at anything cool
it's like my form browses tumblr, offended by everything and anything
>>
>>50935237
so what you are saying is that they will continue losing essence until they become a planetary supermind of metal and plastic?
>>
File: Surgical Fin Remover.jpg (70KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Surgical Fin Remover.jpg
70KB, 700x525px
>>50929669
anyone?
>>
>>50929669
Contacts.
Qualities.
Knowledge Skills.
>>
>>50929669
You should porbably aim to get better at swimming, doesn't come up often but it can be frustrating to lose a character because they ended up in the drink and weren't a strong enough swimmer to get out with all they gear they were carrying.
>>
>>50935319
>qualities

Anything specific that would be usefull?
the only thing that came to my mind was redliner, but i REALLY want to max out my armor before losing 6 boxes of physical
>>
>>50935199
The same reason being a transsexuals don't start out with an essence hole and get it filled when they get their operation: your soul doesn't care what you feel like you "should be", it cares about you are naturally and what the hell you've done to your body.
>>
>>50935423
your soul doesn't seem to actually give a shit about transexual things, going by the rules.
>>
Is Improved Synthskin meant to be for obvious or synthetic cyberlimbs? The fluff suggests synthetic-only, but the RAW suggests that, at max, it's intended to be used for cyberlimbs.
>>
>>50935557
Sythetic, by defualt synthetic limbs are obvious to the touch, improved synthskin makes it less obvious to the touch
>>
>>50935607
But not a single synthetic limb - not one! - has 12 capacity, which is what rating 6 improved synthskin is at. The only limbs up to the job... are obvious cyberlimbs.
>>
>>50935199
Because Cyberware still degrades their aura, even if it does instill them with a mental sense of fulfillment. Mind and aura are different things.
And on a more mechanical level to stop players doing stupid shit like having 15 pairs of cyberarms.
>>
>>50921457

That is Metal As Fuck, and I am absolutely stealing that for an NPC in my game.
>>
>>50934188
Depends what your limits are obviously.
>>
>>50934188
Push The Limit™ always.
>>
>>50935516
Exactly. Your soul doesn't care that you think you're a woman, it's going to freak the fuck out when you chop off your junk and get a vagina installed because you were born with junk.
>>
>>50935637
You can't improve something you don't have and an obvious cyberlimb by definition doesn't have synthskin to improve.
Also, implying synthnskin's capacity makes sense at all and the CGL can do basic math.
>>
>>50935806
but it doesn't, according to the rules, it gives no shit about whether you change your junk.
>>
>>50935897
Chrome Flesh begs to differ.
>>
>>50935157
The difference is relevant to the pattern as a non-rational concept, because the astral is a non-physical, emotional realm.
>>
>>50935933
>mutually exclusive book rulings
Oh cgl, you wacky card
>>
>>50935249
It's not just you that is relevant to form, because this one form is yours - it's a collective human thing.
>>
>>50935933
That's just CGL pandering.
>>
>>50935956
The ethnicity/sex change that takes a month of you floating in a vat doesn't cost any essence because it's a slow process that reshapes your biomatter and only your biomatter. Since it doesn't stick anything foreign in you, it's not any more confusing for your soul than puberty or growing old. On the other hand, if you read the flavor text for that procedure you will see that the old fashioned sex change, AKA chopping your junk off and installing a vagina, did cost essence.
>>
File: shadowrun sex change.png (508KB, 1250x1346px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun sex change.png
508KB, 1250x1346px
>>50935897
>>50935933
Depends on HOW you do it. Biosculpting incurs no essence loss, but the fluff says it takes months - as it literally just repurposes your own biomass so there's no rejection chance.

Cultured bioware is as simple as removing/installing some vat-grown stuff you pick out at a store, and THAT incurs essence loss.

>>50936022
This guy has it right.
>>
>>50936022
man why do we have anything besides floating in a vat for biomods?
That shit seems mad exploitable, given how malleable human biomatter can be.
>>
>>50936045
Sometimes you can't afford a month of downtime, whether you're a wageslave or a runner.
>>
>>50934715
Essence isn't your soul, and people shouldn't look at it that way. It's the part of your living body that exists on the Astral side of the Material/Astral divide. When you get an augmentation, that process frays the relevant part of your living Essence, whereas the mere absence of losing a body part does not.

Coincidentally, the reason why your Social Limit drops slightly after major Essence loss is because you're losing some of your body's connection to the part of the world where emotions can be sensed as easily as color. Losing your physical link to the Astral isn't as big of a deal for a mundane as an Awakened, but Essence does still serve in that role for them.

As for why some things cost more than others, that's poorly understood. Shamans would say that it's the will of the spirits. Hermetics might talk about Object Resistance or organic versus inorganic chemistry. But really, while the idea of Essence has a functional working model, there are probably still decades to go before a proper unified theory is developed and the 'why' is truly grasped.
>>
>>50936069
Fuck that, for essence free bioware I fucking can holy shit.
I mean fuck, you could entirely replicate shit like cloned muscles no problem.
>>
>>50936091
The mechanics of essence free sexchange came before even the thought of justification/explanation. It's all bs.
>>
>>50935557
Capacity is just straight fucked on some Chrome Flesh items. A False Face, for example, has a Capacity score, but even a maximum-Bulk Obvious Cyberskull can't take it.
>>
>>50936141
don't care, it is my job to exploit mechanical holes to produce minmaxing.
>>
>>50936181
Oh, exploit away. I just hate the backwards way this has been inserted.
>>
>>50936159
>2075
>getting a false face on your head
>not getting a false face on each arm
>not using them as cybernetic sock-puppets

Someone's not being creative enough
>>
>>50936203
honestly, literally every part of essence is retarded other than from a gameplay balance standpoint, and has been changed multiple times.
>>
Last Shadowrun book I bothered to buy was Splintered State. Have things gotten any better, or are they still eating lead paint in the offices?
>>
>>50936422
I thought Splintered State was quite good.
>>
>>50936422
>buying SR books
any particular reason for that?
>>
>>50936422
>giving CGL money
Never not pirate.
>>
File: 1403917808297.jpg (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1403917808297.jpg
50KB, 408x439px
>gming the first game in months again suddenly
>trying to remember all the minutiae of the game

Thank god for all these rules summaries

One thing I'm trying to puzzle out that may come up, though:

To be invisible to a piece of tech using improve invisibility, you just have to beat the DR with your total net hits right? Or is it the force?
>>
>>50936091
Sex change and ethnicity change can get away with costing 0 essence because it rearranges the present biomass, so perhaps in the future we can see most cosmetic bioware become essence-free as well. Also, sitting in a vat for a month can also turn you into a different metatype for no essence loss, so since trolls and orcs are bigger than other metatypes I imagine that a vat-based body-building technique that doesn't cost essence is possible, it's just that the corps haven't looked into it yet.
>>
>>50936454
Because I'm old and feel guilty about out and out pirating everything I ever touch that's /tg/ related. Video games, sure. Books i tend to buy. Even if it's probably going on another luxury bathroom and an assassin for frank trollman.
>>
>>50936501
I'm surprised they didn't toss in an optional bit of geneware to go with optional rules on medical costs - some sort of tailored thing to prevent medical costs from bioware/geneware by integrating everything properly into a wholistic system. More essence cost, sure, but it seems like something they'd do. Add more and you'd need it again.
>>
>>50936491
both? I'm wondering how you could beat the DR if your Force is less than that
maybe by using edge in 5e
>>
>>50936501
They don't turn you into a new metatype, they just make you look cosmetically like one. You still have the same attributes as ever.
>>
>>50936491
in 5e, force is the 'limit' for magic. You need more successes than the DR.

DR is sort of bullshit.
>>
>>50936529
That's fine when it's for a company you actually like, but CGL steals money from the payroll used to pay its writers in order to pay its executives. CGL is, specifically, a company you shouldn't give your money to - even if you want up see the writers get paid - because they literally rip off and refuse to pay their own writers.

Never let your fat, middle-aged white guilt get in the way of never paying CGL.
>>
>>50935876
Improved synthskin would make perfect sense if they made it and bulk mutually exclusive mods for obvious cyber limbs.
>>
>>50936600

>Camera is DR1
>Sensor is DR2

So you only need (at minimum) force 2 invis to trick cameras? (Assuming it has sensors other than visual. Which. We assume it will.) Holy fuck. Easy.

So if that's the case, beating a drone would then require (at least) 3?

How does this work in the case of throwing fireballs at them? Do they have to resist or just deal with damage?

Can't say I've ever had machine/magic interface like this yet
>>
>>50935157
Because totanium lacing has a larger effect than plastic. You are considerably more tanky, and thus the new you is even more strongly different from your natural 'pattern'.
It's not just a question of construction, it's also a question of degree of change.
>>
>>50936584
Still, it's known that they grow muscles for muscle replacement in vats, so with a little research it should be possible to have vatgrown muscles grown directly on you.

>>50936547
I'd see it differently; a bunch of bioware done together holistically would cost more money, but it would also cost less essence as it would be done in some less invasive way.
>>
>>50936529
CGL is, itself, the kind of company you might encounter in a Shadowrun game. The kind that treats its most important employees like fucking trash while handsomely rewarding its executives with money to buy another mansion.
>>
>>50936654
Not really. Being able to install Improved Synthskin on Obvious limbs would completely negate the purpose of Synthetic ones.
>>
>>50936701
Good.
>>
>>50936675
So it costs more essence because it's a bigger upgrade both in and out of universe? Works for me.
>>
>>50918707
Hello, i really want to run a cyberpunk game after my current dnd campaign wraps up, what do i need to play shadowrun and where's a good place to start?
>>
>>50936718
Firstly there's a list of resources in the OP.
Secondly, be aware that Shadowrun is not just cyberpunk, and is kind of a clusterfuck at the best of times. You run it because you love the setting. If you're just looking for cyberpunk in general, there are probably better options, I for one would suggest looking up Corporations (strictly speaking a bit more post-cyberpunk than cyberpunk but it's pretty cool and pretty simple mechanically).
>>
>>50936718
For shadowrun? The core book and a metric fuckton of d6.

But as >>50936795 says, Shadowrun isn't traditional cyberpunk. If elves and magic isn't your bag, check out another system, like Cyberpunk 2020.
>>
File: Shadowrun Vindicator.jpg (47KB, 614x273px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Vindicator.jpg
47KB, 614x273px
>>50936795
>If you're just looking for cyberpunk in general, there are probably better options

There really aren't

Cyberpunk 20XX is a shit-tier System if you take off the nostalgia-goggles and GURPS is a meme-system that hardly anybody actually plays
And no, building characters ad nauseam that never see a gaming table isn't "playing".
Shadowrun isn't alien to this Problem, but GURPS takes it to a whole new dimension.
>>
>>50936976
Never referenced Cyberpunk 2020 and wouldn't recommend it even though it does do some cyberware stuff better than the modern iterations of Shadowrun. It's just too dated, and will feel off.
>>
>>50935702
>That is Metal As Fuck, and I am absolutely stealing that for an NPC in my game.
Please do. Shadowrun's got so much more going on in it than just the cyberpunk of its urban sprawls.

And an ork waster barbarian (fresh from escaping a minor slave kingdom in bumfuck nowhere led by a lesser dragon as a god-king) trying to hire a crew of shadowrunners to drive out to rural Montana in the middle of winter in order to murder a necromancer and his cult of zombies before they can summon Shedim during a solar eclipse at the peak of an engraved stone spire is a pretty fucking rad way of doing that.

It's also a pretty good way to show off a plot for Awakened that isn't necessarily specifically a plot for Mages.
>>
>>50922731
>Enhanced Accuracy (Pistols)
Instead of that, just get a smartlink implanted in your eye and enjoy the +2 Accuracy from a smartgun system, plus +1 Accuracy from a personalized grip.

That should be more than enough.
>>
>>50936669
Oh, sorry. I was confused. DR is for matrix things. You want 'or' - object resistance. Non living devices resist illusion spells with their object resistance. Object resistance is colloquially known as 'fucking bullshit'. A camera has an OR of 9 - maybe 16, so it'll average 3 to 4 successes. You want an f6 spell.
>>50936683
I know. I still use some of AH's discarded drafts when I get to play.
>>
>>50936701
That's precisely the intent. R1 ImpSyn is fairly shit, and can take the place of default synth limbs.
>>
>>50937133
I could, but that'll reduce my essence and cost me at least one other power. Between EA(P), smartlink contacts, and a personalized grip, I get the same benefit without the essence loss.
>>
>>50937157

Ah. Thanks. I knew it couldn't be that easy.
>>
Forgive my ignorance, but how common are Shadowrunners and CorpSec in the Sixth world? Are there a million runners worldwide, including a couple gangsters who steal lowlevel corporate marketing data now and then, or is a couple thousand hardcore mercenary-type people in a smallish global community??

At what level dos a Corp not have its own kill teams ready to fuck up intruders? Would it be overkill to have a megacorp send a killteam after some runners if they have destroyed/robbed fifteen chain locations of a fastfood brand? How about forty? 120?
>>
>>50937251
Consider using arcana to build a 'tech invisibility' spell - limited to nonliving objects. The rules for spell creation are in 4, and convert fairly well. You'd have better drain scores that way.
>>
Which shotgun is best at chargen?
>>
>>50937262
Shadowrunners are not common, but no hard numbers could possibly exist because it is a profession with a very blurry definition that is easy to move in to and out of.

Pretty much every rated corp has the resources to employ their own squads of stormtroopers, though many prefer to outsource security. Remember that even A corps are huge by modern standards, but security personnel are very expensive and don't do anything to make the company more money, they just help the company lose less.

The general reason why shadowrunners do not get pursued to the ends of the Earth after knocking over a stuffer shack is that it usually isn't worth it for the corp to throw money tracking them down - the handoff has already been made, or the prototype has been destroyed, or whatever. Since they aren't getting anything back, and taking out one runner team isn't going to prevent future attacks since their rivals can always hire more, going after runners is usually seen as throwing good money after bad (exceptions exist, of course).

The question you as the GM need to ask is, what does the corp expect to gain from sending their own people (or hiring other runners) to go after the runners that have been attacking them? Is there a personal motive someone with means might have to go after them even if it is not fiscally prudent? The targeted corp has the means to respond, but does it make sense for them to do so?
>>
>>50937262
Shadowrunners are common enough to be an open secret in many places. After two Crashes and a dozen other apocalypses occurring around the world, there are a vast amount of people who live on the fringes of society, stealing, killing, and doing whatever it takes to survive. Due to this fact of life, any corp that has something of value will have CorpSec and an HTR team to protect it. The average person will probably never have to see a HTR team in action, just like the average person probably won't see a SWAT team doing their thing. Naturally, runners will often encounter CorpSec and HTR often due to the fact that runners are pretty much terrorists.

And as far as sharow communities, there is one for every burro, town, city, and village important enough to have a corporate presence. Where there are corps, there is money. And where there is money there is somebody looking to take it. Its impossible to say how many shadowrunners there are, just as its impossible to actually count how many SINless people there are (for obvious reasons).

And regarding kill teams? Pretty much any AA and AAA corp has its own HTR team on speed dial. The more nuyen you have and the more assets you hold, the more protection you need from those who want to take/destroy it.

>Would it be overkill to have a megacorp send a killteam after some runners if they have destroyed/robbed fifteen chain locations of a fastfood brand?

At that point? Probably. Not because of the money lost, but likely because of the principle of the thing. A guy doesn't get to loot your holdings and get away with it unless you would be spending more money to track him down than what you are losing from the crime he commits.
>>
>>50937475
There's an in universe 'newbie guide' in one book that boils down to 'don't move yourself to the top of their to do pile'.

You steal some data, okay. Maybe even an employee. You don't have it anymore, probably handed it off. You murdered Bob the loveable accountant and painted 'lofwyr is a turdragon' in blood on the wall and you're probably going to get to meet the corpsec black bag group sooner rather than later.
>>
>>50937234
Taking 1 Essence of ware is always a good choice for a combat adept. Either way, ditch the accuracy power.
>>
>>50937475
>burro
Borough.
>>
>>50937509
I took Prototype Transhuman for that. 1 free essence of bioware is enough for rating 4 muscle toner (eventually) and a reflex booster, plus 0.1 essence worth of something else.
>>
File: f08551aed20a2bf7fd9f8947b8bd189c.jpg (294KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
f08551aed20a2bf7fd9f8947b8bd189c.jpg
294KB, 1600x1067px
>>50937534
My bad.
>>
>>50937499
What if you paint corporate slogans and advertisements on the wall?
>>
>>50937610
turdragon is a corporate slogan if you're a corp having trouble with S-K.
>>
>>50937509
What do you suggest in it's stead?

I took prototype transhuman for bioware and do not intend to lose any actual essence, but if accuracy is so bad, gimmie another option to consider.
>>
>>50937582
>>50937687
Instead of enhanced accuracy, get Improved Ability so you can toss even more dice at guns.
>>
>>50937687
It's not that it's so bad, so much as that it's so extraneous. Between a weapon's base accuracy, a personalized grip, and a smartgun system, there's no actual bonus to be gained from increasing Accuracy even further - unless you're using a gun with a base accuracy of fucking 3 or something. I mean, that's enough to bring an Ares Predator to Accuracy 8 - and if you expect to be getting 9+ hits on attack rolls often enough for Accuracy 8 to be a meaningful limitation, you should have probably spent your points somewhere else.

At that point, I'd spend the .25 PP on almost anything else, because at least they have a chance of being a bonus that's actually meaningful to the character. Improved Sense (Vision Magnification), maybe. Adrenaline Boost 1. Attribute Boost (Body) 1. Hell, even a level of Freefall would be a good investment.

But Enhanced Accuracy is just a waste of time because of how very unnecessary it will be the overwhelming majority of the time.
>>
>>50937687
You might be better off getting some synaptic boosters with your free bioware.
>>
>>50937778
>get Improved Ability
He's already getting Muscle Toner. That's by far a better choice than Improved Ability.

>>50937838
The nuyen cost of Synaptic Boosters is enormous enough that Improved Reflexes is typically the better choice for a bio-adept.
>>
>>50937860
Not really. Adepts don't need money nearly as badly, and depending on how bad his GM is with background counts there's a good chance it'll be a huge help. Priority c and above will leave him enough for a set of rating 2, and 2.5pp is disgusting for an early character. Esp for a pistol adept - even if he only took priority c resources, 20k is enough for a bit of low lifestyle, some low-grade armour with environmental protections, some glasses for nigthsight, a solid gun or three and ammo. That extra 2.5 points could go to a lot of other places.
>>
>>50938025
Dude's already getting Muscle Toner from being a Prototype Transhuman. As far as picking one thing or another to be adept powers vs bioware, Agility augmentation is a far better choice for the 'ware side of the equation than Initiative is.
>>
I've never run a game of any kind before in my life and I'm going to run shadowrun in two weeks.
WHAT DO I DO
>>
>>50938405
Ban the matrix
Keep it simple
Run food fight
>>
>>50938423
>>50938405
also only two of my players max are people I know.
The rest will be randos
>>
>>50938405
Lie until your tongue turns black. Use a beginners adventure - on the run is good for newbies. Or foodfight. If you're making a custom one, flow chart the events and make a few bullet points for each one, and how it relates to the over all story of the run. Then drink heavily and wing it.
>>
>>50937460
>>50937475
>>50937499
Thanks. I plan a short arc where players working for a chain have to destroy 30-something chain competing locations over six days to coincide with a legal blitz to drain the targeted corp of funds and a marketing campaign to increase demand for its competition. It's like normal competition in a tight market, but with more outright killing and theft. The plot is to deprive the targeted corp of a majority of its franchises, drain its funds through bullshit legal battles, and direct people on their lunch hour to the hiring corp to build consumer loyalty so after the whol thing blows over no one goes back to the targeted corp. Its all meant to destroy a comapny over the course of just one week Stealing kitchen equipment, indentured linecooks/casheirs and Sysco shipments would be a secondary goal with small payoffs. Other runners and gangers will show up to blow/rob more franchises, up to a couple hundred places

"Try CamelKebabs new Explosive Sauce Sandwich! So cheap, it's a steal"
>>
>>50938432
I repeat
>>50938423
>>
>>50938433
Planning then drinking. Got it.
>>
>>50938435
>"Try CamelKebabs new Explosive Sauce Sandwich! So cheap, it's a steal"
Literally, even.
>>
>>50937778
>>50937834
>>50937838
>>50937860
>>50938025
>>50938389
Ok ok, if I were to drop improved accuracy (which I might, accuracy on my pistols is 9 with it and I have a dice pool of 13, so I'll rarely hit it), here are some things I'm considering:

Attribute Boost: I'd say Agility, but I'm nearing my augmented maximum and will hit it with bioware eventually, so probably Body or Strength (if I need extra RC or melee damage).
Flexibility/Freefall/Hangtime/Light Body: Aside from guns, my character is designed as a courier/freerunner, so going fast, jumping, and otherwise getting around is a good thing.
Missile Parry: My defense is kind of obscene between good attributes and Combat Sense (nearing 15, 23 if I go Full Defense thanks to Agile Defender), so one rank of this would theoretically let me catch grenades and such. Throwing them back is a different matter since I'd be defaulting on thrown weapons, but 7 dice should be enough to get it away from me.
Spirit Claw: I have unarmed combat as my melee skill of choice, so this could be useful for fucking up spirits. But, as I am the sole awakened party member, I dunno if the GM intends to use many spirits.
>>
>>50939119
Attacks of will are thirty colours of shit. Spirit claw is pretty okay for purely physical spirit-fu.

You might consider investing in astral preception. It IS expensive though, and causes a -2 everything penalty while active. Will let you pick fights with astral spirits and check for spying wards and the like. Or you might consider deepweed as a regular drug - the penalties aren't all that horrible.
>>
>>50939163
Deepweed was going to be my astral perception option.
>>
Trying to make a drugsam.
D human A attributes E magic A skills D money gets me most of the toys I'm after and makes for a wacky skillmonkey, but I'm a little lost on what to actually get drug-wise. I got cram, jazz, and kamikaze all loaded up, but what other goodies are available?
>>
>>50939374
A custom drug which boosts your AGI, INT, and REA, then name it 'Jet'. Downside is that if you want the drug to immediately affect you, it'll have an addiction threshold of 5, so you shouldn't be popping Jet for every combat situation.

Betameth is also good for boosting your dodge pool and initiative, and Woad is also good for boosting your AGI.
>>
>>50939374
Get some K-10 to be lit as fuck for the rest of your life.
>>
>>50937345
>Which shotgun is best at chargen?

Haven't tried them myself because I'm a minmaxing fuckwhistle, but Einfield looks like the one you want to go loud with. It has good damage and you could even burst fire with it and not instantly run out of bullets.

I guess the remington 990 is okay if you need things to be technically legal.
>>
>>50939119
>Flexibility/Freefall/Hangtime/Light Body: Aside from guns, my character is designed as a courier/freerunner, so going fast, jumping, and otherwise getting around is a good thing.
Pick up freefall, then. Ignoring 3m of fall distance per .25PP invested is not in any way a poor investment for someone wanting some extra vertical mobility.
>>
>>50939374
>being a human instead of a dwarf as a drugsam
4e or 5e? Because if you combine cram/jazz/kamikaze in 5e, you'll overdose yourself to death. Legit combination in 4e, though.

Anyway, consider getting a Charisma/Intuition drug for when you're doing legwork. Novacoke is the classic option for that (+1 Charisma, +1 Reaction, +1 Perception - +2 Charisma and +2 Reaction with the Narco genemod) but unfortunately the High Pain Tolerance triggers an overdose when combined with Kamikaze, while the +1 Reaction triggers an overdose when combined with Jazz/Cram.

That's why I like eX as my social drug. It's in no way as good as Novacoke, but it can be combined with a hit of emergency Jazz without sending you to the hospital.
>>
File: war_for_war.jpg (29KB, 626x347px) Image search: [Google]
war_for_war.jpg
29KB, 626x347px
What is a good mentor spirit for someone who just really likes a piece of the old fashioned super war?
>>
>>50939701
I'd say Shark or Thunderbird. Maybe Wise Warrior if you're more the general type.
>>
>>50939686
>you'll overdose yourself to death
Check the CF rules. I thought they changed that.

>>50939701
Sounds toxic.
>>
>>50937345
>Which shotgun is best at chargen?
The Enfield AS-7 if you're not concerned with legality. The Krime Boss if you are concerned with legality. The Krime Boss absolutely requires a smartlink and a personalized grip if you want to use it, though, because without those its Accuracy is only 3.
>>
>>50939747
>I thought they changed that.
You thought wrong. The Chrome Flesh Drug Interaction rules are in addition to the rules for overdoses, not replacements for them.

You will overdose straight into a fucking grave if you try to mix Kamikaze and Jazz.
>>
>>50939733
>>50939747
so toxic, shark, or thunderbird.
Not wise warrior.

Which of these is the most about joyous fighting?
I hope not toxic as you don't get to be toxic.
>>
>>50939769
Someone who just loves fighting for the sake of fighting, killing for the sake of killing, and having a fucking good time while doing it?

That's toxic.
>>
>>50939778
dagnabbit
>>
File: krombopulous.png (454KB, 853x467px) Image search: [Google]
krombopulous.png
454KB, 853x467px
>>50939778
>>50939782
even if they are real friendly about it?
Does it matter if an adept or something has a toxic mentor?
Is this a mundie only concept?
>>
>>50939782
The archetype that supports that kind of shit is Street Samurai. Pick up Revels in Murder and be an 8 Edge Human.

>>50939793
Unless you want to be fucking Toxic, it's mundie-only.
>>
>>50939797
Well, I -will- need a lot of edge to pull this off. In several ways. It's a shame I can't have a mentor spirit though, those guys are sick.
>>
>>50939793
Well, you COULD go Dragonslayer, as long as you're cool with being honorable as shit. It's whole shtick is fighting something bigger than yourself. Not war for war's sake, but always seeking out a challenge, a new dragon to slay - be that megacorps, pollution, or literal dragons.
>>
>>50939809
If you really want to get the most out of 8 Edge, also save up to buy Daredevil during play. Your GM has to be the type to refund Edge during play, though. I know a lot of GMs only refund Edge between runs, which completely ruins the Daredevil Quality.
>>
>>50939819
eh, that's a bit of a stretch.
This guy has too much fun with it to be super discriminate.
>>
>>50939761
Random anon here, can you spoon feed me the overdose rules? I don't wanna go check them right now
>>
File: here_comes_the_water__raz.png (500KB, 1024x760px) Image search: [Google]
here_comes_the_water__raz.png
500KB, 1024x760px
>see title of negative quality
>family curse
>get excited
>it just means you are weak to addiction
>aww
And here I thought I could have an ancient rivalry with a force of nature
>>
>>50940055
Fucking Catalyst pulls the names of qualities straight from their ass.
>>
>>50940084
well, that one makes sense. It is often called the family curse when you are talking about addiction.
I just... thought it was way cooler.

Man, I can't find many negative qualities that I want. There's no "gets lost easily" either. or "animals hate him"
>>
>>50940134
You can always take Loss of Confidence and refluff it. -2 dice pool and inability to spend edge on something like Animal Handling would be a good way to say 'animals don't like this guy'.
>>
>>50940134
>"animals hate him"
Technically there's a metagenic quality that does that
>>
>>50940055
Ask your GM to houserule an "Enemy" negative quality for 10 karma, pick the force of nature as the enemy.

>>50940134
>gets lost easily
Incompetent(Navigation), have your GM make you roll to see if you get lost. Threshold 1 for your own home, 2 for places you've been before, 3 for everywhere else?

>animals hate him
I really don't believe this is worth karma in shadowrun unless you're getting jumped by increasingly-creative devil rats every time you go to sleep. Like it doesn't matter if you're in a bunker, one of them will be under your bed waiting to rip your throat out.
>>
>>50940214
>Jumped by increasingly-creative devil rats everytime you try and sleep.

Is it just me, or does this have potential for some hilariously awesome storytelling?`

Imagine' hitting a night on the town and bringing a lady home, only to have to explain why you've brought an assault rifle into the bedroom with the two of you.
>>
>>50940521
Given the average Shadowrunner, thatjust sounds like he's trying for a ménage à trois
Thread posts: 368
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.