[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for races almost nobody uses or that are considered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: SUPERGOD.png (37KB, 704x800px) Image search: [Google]
SUPERGOD.png
37KB, 704x800px
I'm looking for races almost nobody uses or that are considered jokes. Making a homebrew apocalypse-fantasy setting and trying to break tropes. Give me any crazy ideas you've had and I can work with them.
Already included are kobolds that essentially replace dwarves, being master craftsmen and being the only ones with working factories. I've also made Kobolds somewhat less reptilian and made it so that they are heat resistant, more akin to desert iguanas or Australian lizards.
Robots also essentially replace humans due to the fact that most humans died but major factories, still ran by automated systems, keep making robots.
Personally, i'm looking for ways to include oni, skeletons, and monkey men. Any and all ideas are available, from mutation to magic.
>>
>>50917540
Animated skeletons that modify themselves by finding and attaching bones to their existing structure. They'll meet up, trade parts and bones on occasion and will modify themselves to their personal tastes. Multi arms, deer skulls, teeth, centaur skelly, etc.

For example, a skeleton wants to become more charismatic. He'll hunt down old archives with obituaries, find a comedian, find his grave and trade out a knee or elbow and gain some of his comedic talent.
>>
Sunflower people who follow the moon instead of the sun, feeding eldritch parasites and other unknowable beings within their fleshy bodies.
>>
File: Hanny.png (105KB, 421x329px)
Hanny.png
105KB, 421x329px
>>50917540
Haniwa.
>>
>>50917540
Look up Flumphs. Give them names like Spagoot or Rooviool. Make them worship the almighty Pastafarius and revile the ancient evil god Emragu the Overcooked.
>>
File: IMG_7527.jpg (253KB, 920x575px)
IMG_7527.jpg
253KB, 920x575px
>>50917540
>Monkey men

Have you played the Halo series before? There is an enemy called 'Brutes' which are basically savage gorilla men. They are primal and often go berserk in the middle of battle which can go their way since they are all physically powerful. As their name goes they are brutes and lack the brains.

It would be cool to have them within an apocalyptic setting like yours.
>>
>>50917846
They look pretty awesome ! It feels like these guys would be great Not! Orcs.
I'm thinking that apes were forced into an evolutionary process so that scientists could study how evolution changed primates into modern man - but evolution took a step in a different direction.
Does this sound plausible at all ? I like how these guys look.

>>50917658
That sounds hilarious and pretty cool, actually.
You'd see massive bone structures walking around and it turns out it's just a skeleton with a hoarding obsession who doesn't like giving away spare bones.

>>50917706
Care to go deeper into this or provide a reference image ? I like how it sounds but i'm not sure how to envision them.

>>50917710
Small clay samurai figures possessed by spirits. I like it !

>>50917807
I've certainly never seen these guys around before. They make a nice addition to the roster.
>>
>>50918493
>Care to go deeper into this or provide a reference image ? I like how it sounds but i'm not sure how to envision them.
Imagine a green or blue humanoid with the head if a sunflower, and their bodies are kind of twisty and gnarled.
Think something like the cauliflower people from Bloodborn or a Flamer of Tzeentch.

They're very sort of Lovecraftian; they do what they do, but their language is strange and almost unlearnable to outsiders, they have strange senses and powers, and they seem to be very preoccupied with space and the stars. While not expressly evil, they're certainly strange and some of their cultural practices or magical rituals cam certainly skirt that line.
>>
A race of succubus, but every member is designed to appeal to a specific fetish.
Only the people with that fetish finds them hot; everyone else finds them horrifying.
>>
>>50917846
>>50917540
>>50918493
Hadozee, from the 3.5 splat Stormwrack. They're like flying squirrel gorilla monkeys, genetically bred to man ships. They're one of my favorite races in DnD.
>>
>>50920188
...and before that, they were awesome in Spelljammer for AD&D 2nd ed. Oh, and before that in Star Frontiers under their original name, the Yazarians.
>>
>>50917846
>>50918493
The "brutes" are actually named Jiralhanae. Their actual lore is pretty interesting, in that they live in a society completely dominated by force to the extent that they actually nuked themselves back to the stone age upon the discovery of nuclear technology because they wanted to be the most powerful among themselves.
>>
>>50917540
Playing any one of the many Goo creatures.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.