[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fa/tg/uys, any tips for a first time DM? Currently worldbuilding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1480645889490.jpg (105KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480645889490.jpg
105KB, 600x800px
Hey fa/tg/uys, any tips for a first time DM?

Currently worldbuilding for a campaign that blends Mesoamerican and Norse mythology with metal concept albums. System will likely be 13th Age.
>>
>>50916125
That's a good shoop.
I'd say, have a definitive focus for the theme & tone of your game (while being open to what your players want) but be willing & able to think on the fly. Don't go into it thinking the adventure has to follow a certain very specific path, but keep the essential elements (theme & tone) constant so the players know what game you're trying to play without having to force them into a particular narrative.
>>
>>50916125
Dont try and write a rigid path your players have to follow, but rather try and know the motivation and goals of your NPCs, that way, no matter what the party does, you know how the NPC would react. Is it your first time playing at all, or do you just gm for the first time? What about your players, are they first timers?
>>
>>50916125
>Currently worldbuilding for a campaign that blends Mesoamerican and Norse mythology with metal concept albums.
This shit sounds fucking based. What've you got for it?
>>
>>50916125
> First time DM
You should start with a pre-made adventure.
>>
>>50917126
This.

Start small.
Get used to GMing before working on your own setting.
>>
>>50916960
I've played in one campaign so far, we just finished and it was a total blast. I like writing so I wanted to try my hand at GM-ing.

>>50917013
More or less the DnD version of Mastodon's discography. The world's greatest heroes journey to the imperial capitol to save the world from a doomsday prophecy. On the day of the annual summer festival there is a solar eclipse. During the eclipse, a meteor crashes into the planet, creating a dust cloud so intense that it blocks out the sun. The meteor housed a powerful fire djinn that was banished thousands of years ago by an imperial arch mage. The djinn sendso an army of fire elementals to wage war on the Capitol, and the adventurers will have to choose between waging war against the fire djinn or fulfilling the prophecy of travelling through a magic portal to another plane to retrieve a powerful artifact that can destroy the flame djinn. The only catch is that their world may be destroyed while they aren't around to protect it.

That's the first couple sessions right there. The meat and potatoes would be the alternate world which would be themed after Mastodon's discography, starting with the tail end of Remission and leading into Blood Mountain. I'm still thinking of ways to incorporate Leviathan and Crack the Skye.
>>
>>50916125
>"+3 on your roll to grab her by the pussy. It's like a magnet."
>>
>>50917409
10/10 would play, based anon.
>>
>>50917582

Sounds more like MAID. If that shit wasn't japanese Donald would like it.
>>
>>50918147
The Don only dislikes China, I'm sure he respects Japan as a superior culture and people.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.