[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1253: Baby Jumpers Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 560
Thread images: 71

File: JC_OP.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
JC_OP.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>50904773
>>
File: powerup.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
powerup.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Jumpers!

What's your power up sequence like, and what causes you to activate it?
>>
File: exploding cue ball.gif (42KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
exploding cue ball.gif
42KB, 650x450px
>>50912550
>can hold roughly 255 of the same item
Where'd you get that from?

Captchalogue cards have a size limit, not an 'amount of identical items' limit.

At verious points in canon they have piles of random junk thrown in there, and the big block of stacked cans of shaving cream numbered much more than 255.
>>
File: slendercage.jpg (46KB, 442x750px) Image search: [Google]
slendercage.jpg
46KB, 442x750px
>>50913346
Power up sequence?

Wait, are we NOT supposed to be using our final form at all times?
>>
Anyone else having trouble actually STARTING a Chain?

I keep lurking and lurking. But I feel like I couldn't make a good build or it would be way too boring.
>>
>>50913391
Didn't stop the nerfbitch from spamming threads with her boring builds. I'm sure you can do better, just actually do something instead of running and hiding all the time.
>>
Does the "Is He Involved?" scenario in FFXIII-II give you Gilgamesh as a companion?
>>
>>50913413
Don't see you posting any builds, mate. Or doing anything, really.

Actually, tell you what. You make one good jump and I'll join you in bashing Red.
>>
File: tumblr_npdsqzIjbY1qmrsrlo1_1280.png (623KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npdsqzIjbY1qmrsrlo1_1280.png
623KB, 1280x720px
>>50913413
>>
File: Christmas Miracle.png (173KB, 1014x644px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas Miracle.png
173KB, 1014x644px
>>50913391
>But I feel like I couldn't make a good build or it would be way too boring.
If the idea of a gimmick is what's holding you back, then ignore that idea. You don't have to come up with a sopper seakrit cowmbo to have a good chain. You don't have to eschew some of the more common combinations to make your own interesting story.

There are any number of stories that have knights and dragons and the like, and while some of them are formulaic some of them aren't. Focus on the story, less the gimmick, and you may find you have more fun.

That's how I approach it, at least. I look at the perks as tools, but what I really work with are characters, arcs, and plots.

>>50913413
>pic related
>>
>>50913451
>You don't have to come up with a sopper seakrit cowmbo to have a good chain.
Then why is ASA the only jumper we all give a fuck about?
>>
>>50913463
Everyone can care about whatever jumper they wish to care about. Nothing is stopping anyone from doing as they please when they make a build.
>>
>>50913463
Except he's not? Plenty of people liked Heavens and Konata's builds.
>>
>>50913463
Fuck off.
>>
>>50913479
Except when nobody cares about builds when all they do is run and hide like a bitch when they should be blowing up universes like a real jumper.
>>
File: hugWoysQT0.gif (461KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
hugWoysQT0.gif
461KB, 500x270px
>>50913463
>we
Hue.

That aside, you don't need likes, upbaots, and surbribes to have fun, anon. The joy of an imagination game is that you can just have fun! You don't have to build it for anyone else, though you can certainly share. At the end of the day though, this experience is about what you enjoy. Often times, joy and enthusiasm can be infectious, so sharing it will get people excited. Even if that isn't the case, though, you can still have fun with it.

I'm a few hundred jumps deep into my chain, and I don't share it like ASA does. I do from time to time drop little snippits of what I did here or there based off of conversations. I'll admit that I enjoy it when I get positive feedback, but even when I don't I still have fun.

You need to learn to have fun, anon. I wish I could help you with that, but I can't. Just know that I believe you can do it! You can find something you really enjoy! You can find something fun, and creative, that'll let you express and indulge yourself in healthy ways. Hell is a prison of your own making, anon. You don't have to be this way.
>>
>>50913498
Perhaps. Or perhaps if more people posted builds more people would take an interest in them. Hard to say, no?
>>
>>50913533
I think it says a lot that your shit barely gets any attention when posted.
>>
File: warning.png (210KB, 650x1658px) Image search: [Google]
warning.png
210KB, 650x1658px
>>50913346
Just typical DBZ shit. Mostly overflowing ki and some wind. Glowing eyes, some bulging muscles. I'm not quite ready to go full Sailor Moon.

>>50913391
I don't know about other Jumpers but I stick to writing down my choices. I don't bother describing the stories. Might make it easier for you?
>>
Disregard failure, acquire content.

Changelog:
*Typofixes
*Clarifying drawbacks
*Continuity drawback does not retcon
*Gamer driver buffed with the ability to physically fight non-Bugster diseases as a Level 1 form
*Clarifiying the sentience and companionship of Eyecons/Shift Cars
*New OC Companions
*Canon companions
*Price change and buff of Roidmude origin(really just remembering to put in part of their powers)
>>
Fuck this guy, have a build and laugh at my misery.

>Ghost Rider - 708
Background: Rider
Drawbacks: Comic’s Accuracy (+0), Ghost Race (+300), Picture a Flamethrower... (+200), Alcoholic (+100)

Final Point Count: 1,600 CP
Perks:
-Designated Rider (Free)
-You Can’t Live In Fear
-Ghost Ride the Whip
-Deal Breaker
-Spirit of Vengeance
-Spirited

Items & Companions:
-Garage
-Wine Cellar
-Margarita Glass of Jelly Beans
-Companion Import (400 CP)

I'm positive my math is right but I did it at 2 in the morning so, can't be certain.
>>
>>50913567
Any big plans for your jump or are you just gonna fuck around as a Rider?
>>
>>50913533
>Or perhaps if more people posted builds more people would take an interest in them
Top kek.

Unless you're ASA, nobody gives a shit. You have to be grandstanding, you have to show off. You need to prove reality is your bitch and have large harems dedicated to your quest to grind your enemies beneath your feet. You need to prove yourself by showing there's not a single thing that can challenge you, for jumpers are meant to be greater than gods.

Trying to play it "safe" or whining how everything terrifies you is just acting like Red, and I guarantee you not a single person gives a shit about what she does. Any post that tells you otherwise is just her samefagging as anon to make her feel better about her shitty decisions, and I'm glad we don't have to put up with that drivel anymore.
>>
File: 1465853674929.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465853674929.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>50913563
ALL YOU NEED IS DRIVE, /jc/!

Working on this with Digger was a total blast, btw, and I love how it turned out. Hope yall enjoy it, too!
>>
>>50913563
hey are you doing the transformation gimmick into enemies thing like you did with the last two?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 10.jpg (15KB, 240x198px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 10.jpg
15KB, 240x198px
>>50913533
Speaking of more builds!

http://pastebin.com/VQ9nAN1t

Here have a few. Couldn't make it here for the holidays so I had to just put these on the back burner. Nice to be back though.
>>
>>50913582
There's going to be assisting Nick Ca- I mean Johnny Blaze at a later date, particularly when dealing with the Devil trying to possess his own son to have a physical presence on Earth. No doubt about that.

But beyond that? Me, and my car, traversing the world doing what good we can. All that can be asked of me and the Spirit of Justice inside, you know? May also tinker with different alcoholic blends to see what works with my flames more and more, mostly as a side effect of alcoholic.

OH JESUS I'M MADE OF FIRE WHY DOES IT BURN.
>>
>>50913623
>spoiler
That drawback is one of the nastier ones. So do you have a car picked out?
>>
>>50913563
Maybe I missed it, and sorry if I did, but I didn't find a description of gashats and just what they are. There are some references to what they do and how they combine with things, but kinda curious about what they are.
>>
File: 1412188144829.gif (140KB, 265x295px) Image search: [Google]
1412188144829.gif
140KB, 265x295px
Just an aside, literally the only person who cares is himself. There's a non-zero chance that right now it's self-posting to give the illusion of an argument. For now, all I have to say is:

Heavens and I slaved over a hot oven for a week on that jump, I better see some builds you fucks!
>>
>>50913702
Oh. I swear that was in there. They're not horribly complex, they're just high-tech gaming cartridges.
>>
Jump #232: Red Alert
>Five of Cups (Disappointment), reversed: Overcoming sadness and grief to get on with your life.
Wait, again? Curious.
>Age: 31
>Location: London, UK
>Identity: Civilian (-50)
>Drawbacks: Schism (+200), Lost The Arms Race (+300)
May have lost the arms race, but relying on super weapons is stupid, frankly. The other factions can sink their resources into super weapons, it means those same resources are invested in normal units in the allies' army.
>Non-Combatant (Free, Civilian)
It's always good to be ignored on a battlefield.
>Analysis (1350)
Health bars are silly, but I'll use 'em.
>The Ore Is In Good Hands (1250)
Hooray, more money to go into my swiss bank account! Which means I should basically never have to worry about running out of cash.
>Dissent (1100, Civilian)
Now, what happens if I actually start convincing higher-ups in the military chain of command that war is not the answer?
>Peace Rally (800, Civilian)
Organize a march for peace or a protest against the war? Hmm. You know what sounds like a good idea to me? Doing this in factions that AREN'T mine.
>Bird's Eye View (500)
Never hurts to have a good view of the battlefield. ...wait, what do you mean, ALL my battlefields? If I'm a faction leader, can I watch all the battles simultaneously? Interesting.
>Mass Production Upgrade (300)
>Free Trade Upgrade (200, Allies)
>Robotic Assembly Upgrade (0)
Might as well upgrade the warehouse. Instead of having to build my own manufacturing equipment, now the warehouse has it built in. Handy. I bet I could take the equipment and blueprints I obtained during 40k and mass-product some of it, even.
>>
>>50913767
So, doing as a jumper does, I am completely shooting this setting in the foot. A faction other than my own gets ahead in the conflict? Suddenly they're bogged down at home by protests and demonstrations. My faction splits in half? Suddenly the other half finds the people in the street, wanting to rejoin the primary faction and not fight against them.

And as time progresses, the allies' arsenals have equipment that is much more advanced than it has any right to be. Not to the point that you have phasers versus guns or anything, but suddenly they've got body armor on par with carapace armor, they've got man-portable railguns, their vehicle armor is far more effective than it has any right to be.

And I'm just raking in the profits while making sure that all the anti-war protests are in places that will benefit me.

...fuck, I've become the industrial-military complex.
>>
>>50913766
I was envisioning them as actual hats and I was a little confused. That helps.

What's the deal on Mystics? I usually build that route and the Rider shtick isn't my deal; they look fun as hell to hang out with, just don't know if I want to be one.

So what have or do Mystics do in the series?
>>
>>50913780
>I've become the industrial-military complex
Yes, yes, good. You are fulfilling your destiny!
>>
>>50913677
Same car I've been using since Outlaw Star at Jump 42. 1964 Pontiac GTO. Has been upgraded for durability, speed, maneuverability, and handling since then and was imported in Redline to snag a TRZ-Airmaster Engine and both types of Nitro Charges.

And then, bless Mardukth's soul, Infernals gave it a physical upgrade and such with the little number in the Hellstorm Rider. Course, it needed a bit of tinkering to get the engine up and running alongside the upgraded TRZ-Airmaster, and precise alchemy to make the rest of the former motorcycle's frame conform to a shape it wasn't supposed to be in, but MY CAR CAN EAT STORMS AND SHIT OUT PAIN.
>>
>>50913767
>>50913780
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5X69vREAg&t=147s

The commies have the best music.
>>
>>50913750
Aye aye, capt'n!
>>
>>50913563
Roidmude is still 300 and slowdown is still taken away post jump. Hyper Slowdown hasn't been changed. Not really sure how it was buffed.
>>
>>50913791

Oh, they're not an actual faction, it's literally just like 3 guys

Takeru Tenkuji is kamen rider ghost, his main deal is just trying to protect people from the machinations of teh Ganma as well as restore his life via gathering 15 eyecons
He's a cool dude if a little bland, a bit like Haruto
A nice guy but not the most interesting character

The second character is Sannin/Sage/Gramps, a mysterious ghostly sage who saves Takeru from death by Ganma via making him a Ghost. He's actually Eadith, a high level member of the Ganma who regrets creating the evil Ganmaizers and is trying to stop the invasion however he can. Since Takeru is the son of Ryuji, the third basis for the Mystic origin and the man who helped create the Heroic Eyecons to defend humanity from the Ganma, he was the perfect candidate.for a Ghost Driver.
So yeah they're not really an all-inclusive group anymore than the revenge-seeking badasses like the Chasers are
>>
File: 1472579825212.gif (244KB, 482x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472579825212.gif
244KB, 482x500px
>>50913563
>>50913750
>I better see some builds you fucks!
Apologies, you will probably only see my build in a week or so.

After I watched a bit of it, and finally figured out what to cut from my build.

Kamen Rider is not a simple thing for me to build for.
>>
>>50913880
Try reading the Notes.
>>
>>50913834
First off, your taste is awesome. Second, and I hate to be that guy, but the picture you have isn't a '64 goat, it's a '67. Check out this link: http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/27/.

The '64 had side-by-side headlights. Under-over headlights weren't introduced until '65. The cross-hatched grill was used in '67.

So, again, love your choice, goats are amazing, but your pic and year don't match if that matters to you.
>>
>>50913938

FUCK.
Thank you, I've been using that one for a while utterly clueless.
>>
>>50913880
>Resists Temporal alterations
>Can turn from Data to Physical matter and back again
>A whole suite of abilities such as superhuman strength, toughness, natural beam weapons, and either flight/wallcrawl/even more strength
>Can use viral cores to transform into kaiju mode at base and with a perk do so at-will
>Has a high ceiling of evolution tied to emotional state
>Slowdown for free in-jump and Hyper Slowdown purchase retains the timestop and makes the in-jump timestop unbeatable by 99% of the setting, btw Slowdown works specifically based off of a particle present in-setting which is why you need a CP purchase to keep it

I feel like 300 is cheap for what it gives, but maybe we feel differently.
Apologies for wasting your time on such a massive obstacle.
>>
>>50913890
I'm down with the working on the periphery thing, helping the heroes but letting them do the heavy lifting. Sounds like that fits with my overall style.

>>50913954
No problem, anon. Classic cars are great and fun to talk about.
>>
>>50913430
Yes. It gives him like the other scenarios give canon companions.
>>
>>50913391
>>50913451
>>50913489
>>50913526
Personally I like reading builds whether or not it's a fully Original Story™
Even if it's just a sentence or two describing what the Jumper is getting up to. I'm always curious to see all the weird shit other people choose to do with the same basic setup.

That reminds me
>>50913612
Hey Heavens!
Where are you at with your conflicting identities Chain? Last I remember you were being semi-adopted into a family in the FMA jump.
>>
>Take The Gamer
>Grind for hundreds of levels
>Dump all points into Luk
Am I Constantine yet?
>>
>>50914028
No.
>>
>>50914028
Does your luck cause others terrible suffering? No? Then no.
>>
File: 1461529714371.png (331KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461529714371.png
331KB, 1280x720px
>>50914024
Since Kabuto and Part 3 are done now, I think I'm gonna cool my jets on jumpmak-

wait no

stop laughing

I mean it this time I really do. I'm gonna focus on writefaggotry for a little bit before I get back to work on jumps. I suffer from a curse where almost every new jump with a canon I like makes me want to start over or re-order things. Since I'm only a jump and a half in for that one, I'll be picking it up soon.
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>50913346
>>
>>50914049

Bodacious Babes and rest
>>
Is anyone else not seeing any (You)'s?
>>
>>50914028
>>50914044
Add that perk from Binbougami. Your luck increased while those around you begin to suffer.
>>
>>50914094
test 1 2 1 2

see any?
>>
>>50914101
Nope.
>>
>>50912729
The original question was make it respond to your thoughts, so...

To quote the fairly odd parents, 'scream it in your head'.

>>50912800
Sort of a backwards grandfather clause. Skills you got after, it would automatically support.

>>50912818
How about 'old skills get a slight nerf during the import'?

>>50912834
Yes.

>>50914028
No, his luck is drawn from others, thus causing others around his to suffer from 'bad' luck. Yours is self generated.

>>50914095
I was about to mention that, but couldn't recall the name. Thank you.
>>
>>50914094
I do not see them either. Strange.
>>
>>50914113
>To quote the fairly odd parents, 'scream it in your head'.
That sounds exactly like telepathy?
>>
>>50914094
Yous have been removed since yesterday. It's been replaced with a different post format.
>>
>>50914113
>How about 'old skills get a slight nerf during the import'?
I'm fine with it as long as I can bring it back to normal power in a short time.
>>
>>50914135
But... what are we going to do?!?
>>
>>50914135
Eh, I don't like it. How am I supposed to track who is replying to my post? That's just irritating.
>>
>>50914135
Wait what? That's stupid.

What's it been replaced with, because I'm on mobile and can't tell who the hell's replying to me without manually checking. It's extremely annoying.
>>
>>50914101
>>50914125
>>50914153
I see some underlines.

>>50914145
Grind away at them for a while.
>>
>>50914153
For me it's a dotted line beneath the post number, which is also pretty hard to see.
>>
>>50914153
The underline format. It's not really going to stop fanatics like the shitposter, but like >>50914150 said it does make things harder for people to track. It might just switch back in a couple days or something or it might be permanent. It's more an issue on boards with mostly text, on image posts you know which ones you posted generally and can still see replies.
>>
File: community.gif (1MB, 245x186px) Image search: [Google]
community.gif
1MB, 245x186px
>>50914166
>>50914173
>underlines
FUCK THAT!!!! RRRRRIIIIIIOOOOOTTTT
>>
>>50913956
>>50914049
again , if I'm being annoying or you don't want me to keep asking these questions let me know and I'll stop.

1.does Jumper x Rider Heisei Generations give the standard 2 slots for Gashats?
2.are you not doing the transformation gimmicks into enemies Drawback like you've been doing for the other two? Because that would work really well with Gashats
seriously, I can't take the drawbacks I'm going to need to their two awful!
3.I noticed the drop-in tree is based on Ex- Aid, However there are no science perks for Ex- Aid technology, only drive and ghost. Was this intentional?
>>
>>50914204
>again , if I'm being annoying or you don't want me to keep asking these questions let me know and I'll stop.
That's good banchô. I'm strangely proud of you.
>>
>>50914166
How would it apply to abilities that are fixed in nature?
>>
>>50914113
Is it frowned upon to shout "Tree powers, activate!" right before you use Tree of Life?

Also, are the souls you eat with Stabilized Black Soul something along the lines of the concept of an immortal soul, such that eating them causes something like cessation of existence or eternal suffering, or are they more along the lines of generic lifeforce that sometimes shows up in these types of series?
>>
>>50914237
Example?
>>
>>50914204
1. I added a description for clarity - you get one slot per purchase of Jumper x Heisei Generations for any of the relevant MacGuffins. So if you wanted two slots for an unrelated jump, you'd have to buy it twice. This is following the same trend as previous belt imports.
2. Sorry, we already have a full roster of drawbacks for this. I don't see us adding more, at least not anytime soon.
3. This is because Ex-Aid is still in progress and we're not really sure what to do with it. The notes you get with the capstone item for drop-in is meant to 'bridge the gap' for the time being. I'm sure Ex-Aid and whatever Kamen Rider comes after will get its own jump, but that's a long, LONG way ahead.
>>
File: 1465956405803.gif (1MB, 294x253px) Image search: [Google]
1465956405803.gif
1MB, 294x253px
>>50914263
That should be 'unrelated belt'. I swear to god my typos are getting worse the older I get. I'M NOT EVEN IN MY THIRTIES YET, COME ON.

But yeah if you're just adding slots to a belt, it's one slot a piece. If you combined a Gamer Driver with whatever you were using, it would come with all the slots of said Driver.
>>
>>50914262
What's the highest levelled/most powerful character in the series?
>>
>>50914262
By fixed I mean powers that can't be trained normally. Sort of like the Gamer's mind and body in canon which start out at MAX level instead of level 1 like other abilities.
>>
>>50913563
So what's this Infinity Soul about? What can it do?
>>
>>50914302
The series isn't far enough along to answer that accurately. If you consider Gaia a character rather than a force of nature then probably Gaia, otherwise it would likely be a natural ability user on the scale of the Harem king or one of the many gods that exist
>>
>>50914345
>The series isn't far enough along to answer that accurately.
Which is why the jump shouldn't have been made yet.
>>
>>50914369
I would argue that by that logic pretty much every ongoing LN or comic shouldn't be made into a jump and that we already have several.
>>
>>50914335

From what we see in canon, Mugen is able to utilize emotions as pure energy and shape his spiritually-based attacks using emotions as a basis. "Joy Rush", "Fun Strike", "Love Bomber", etc. etc. They're pretty potent from what we can see, as the otherwise-unkillable Ganmaizers are put down for good by those attacks. (The ganmaizers can be physically destroyed by a Grateful-tier Rider but they will resurrect.) The Great Eye says that due to Infinity Soul allowing him to connect the power of multiple souls together(like the Heroic Eyecons and his friends/the people he derived the Emotion attacks from) he has the potential to meet or even exceed the Great Eye's power. It's not said how many souls he'd need to connect to for this to occur, as he gives up the power shortly after resolving the Ganma Crisis to live a human life with his friends.
I.E At base it allows you to derive energy from emotions and dreams and with the more souls connected to it it may unlock greater abilities
>>
>>50914262
Can you use the elemental contract thing to bond with specific elementals in other settings?
>>
>>50914463
*Takeru being the He in this case.
>>
>>50913479
>>50913489
>>50913493
>>50913526
For future reference? This is the shitposter's methodology for attacking ASA. It's all he did back in that episode where he decided to shift targets to him for a while. Probably because of the Christmas screenshot posted. Don't fall for it in the future.
>>
File: p014.jpg (111KB, 690x1570px) Image search: [Google]
p014.jpg
111KB, 690x1570px
>>50914243
>>
>>50914521
Hm...

Doing stuff like that to souls is a bit of a no-no for a lot of people, me included, so I'm going to have to look back over the jump and move some things around.
>>
File: 7fc24d9a06514f95c07eafd714f9bcb2.jpg (510KB, 920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7fc24d9a06514f95c07eafd714f9bcb2.jpg
510KB, 920x1200px
After much delay, time for a Build!

Last time on Restarted Chain:
Jumper was a soul and shadow wizard! Yamato thought with his pants instead of his brain and needed to be rescued.
This time on Restarted Chain: Jump 15 - Strike Witches

=============

When the whiteness enclosed us this time, I fully expected to be greeted by the snarky Coordinator sitting in mid-air as had become his custom. Instead, I was surprised to find a trio of filing cabinets with a note taped to the front. “Union meeting”, it stated in a curved, elegant hand, “Be back in time for the next Punishment Jump. Enjoy your break.”
I plucked the note up and checked the backside for more, but it was blank. As was the front when I turned it over again. Needlessly dramatic as always. I set the page on top of the filing cabinets.

Raven: So, what, this means we’re in charge? No rules?
Jumper: Seems like it. Might be best to stay at least mildly entertaining, but it looks like we get a vacation.
Wakana: So long as wherever we go has indoor plumbing, I’ll be happy. Ten years of outhouses and sneaking into the Warehouse is enough.
Lina: If… I could make a suggestion?
J: Absolutely. Your ideas are always sound.
L: There’s this one universe I saw last time we were rooting around the cabinets and I was hoping we could go there. Strike Witches.
J: Never heard of it. Let’s give this a… look… see…
Okuda: Why are they not wearing any pants? What’s that strapped to their legs?
J: Oh, dear… Are you sure Lina?
L: Yes. You can have the lead, but I want to go there.
Yamato: Wait, where are all the men?

Drawbacks:
Stuck in the Past (+300, 1300)
No pants allowed (+100, 1400)

Starting Location: France [Gallia] (Rolled)
Background: Ace (100, 1300)
Striker: Super Fortress (Farman F.220), First Generation

[1/2]
>>
>>50914463
>>50914481
So it's an overdrive mode where you boost your abilities by diffusing the cost among multiple participants?
>>
What's the power level at Torchlight NG+++? Enemies are all +100 levels.

What's the best class to take there as a jumper?

Does any jump offer some kind of auto loot or loot magnet sort of thing?

What's the best way to project physical strength into ranged?
>>
>>50914586
>Does any jump offer some kind of auto loot or loot magnet sort of thing?

I actually know this one! http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Carrier
>>
File: a6427bba24405cadc2734432ef967b4f.jpg (598KB, 862x1224px) Image search: [Google]
a6427bba24405cadc2734432ef967b4f.jpg
598KB, 862x1224px
>>50914570
Perks:
Defensive Sign “Directional Shield” (Free)
Restoration Sign “Top Gun Conditioning” (200, 1100)
Perception Sign “Ballistic Stabilization” (300, 800)
Restoration Sign “Blur” (100, 700)
Restoration Sign “Enhanced Strength” (200, 500)
Technomage (200, 300)

Items:
Striker Artificer Tool Kit (100, 200)
Compressed Space Weapons Bay (200, 0)

O: Kinda sucks that the rest of us don’t get points.
J: Oh, you guys get your own bonuses, don’t worry.
O: That Enhanced Strength perk looks really cool though.
J: Okuda, I’ve seen you haul the entirety of a dragon’s treasure trove three days through the woods on your own. That perk is a drop in the bucket compared to that.

Companions:
[All Generation 1 Strikers with Directional Shield and Bomber Jacket]

Raven: Callsign - Noir
Curtiss-Wright CW-21 Demon (Fighter) - USA/Liberon
2x General Purpose Machine Gun

Yamato: Callsign - Dragon
Nakajima J1N Moonlight (Bomber) - Japan/Fuso
GAU-8 Minigun and GPMG

Wakana: Callsign - Foxfire
Mitsubishi G4M (Bomber) - Japan/Fuso
Fliegerfaust Rocket Launcher & GPMG

Okuda: Callsign - Kamikazi
Fokker G.I. (Fighter) - Germany/Karlsand
Katana

Lina: Callsign - Switch
Hawker Tempest (Fighter) - United Kingdom/Britannia
GPMG & Anti-Tank Rifle

J: Okuda? Maybe you want a gun to go along with that sword?
O: Nah, I’m good.
W: The enemies look like they fire a lot of lasers, hun.
O: I really like this sword though.
J: Well, okay. I’ll make sure to tweak your engines hard towards speed and defense.

Story Time!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y7b8VcyZ6sPDKflYseZQYYGPatwrMgrH2fBHssFZD64/edit?usp=sharing

I'll freely admit this one isn't /as/ interesting as I had hoped it would be. I still like the intro, but you will probably be able to spot where I ran out of inspiration on this one. Sorry about that.
>>
>>50914607
>Torchlight question
>posts Warframe link
>>
>>50913563
Your ability to produce quality Jumps continues to astound. While I will not have a build for a little while, rest assured that I'm going on a Kamen Rider Arc just after Jump 20, so they will happen soon... ish.
Dear god I can't decide what I want. It all looks so delicious!

>>50914049
>Heavens
>Taking a break
Excuse me, my sides just blasted off into orbit. I'll retrieve them shortly.
Seriously though, it's going to be great to read your stories again. They're always inspiring and interesting.

>>50914135
I hope this isn't permanent. I guess we'll eventually adjust, but it's a little annoying to read this way.
>>
>>50914678
Global Rule 3: No furries allowed!
I lked your other pics tho
>>
File: seriously.png (85KB, 407x222px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85KB, 407x222px
>>50914677
>Does any jump offer some kind of auto loot or loot magnet sort of thing?
>any jump
>Warframe
>>
>>50914580

More or less. The Great Eye is shown & implied to at least have the capabilities of Shenron(as it's more or less an expy of such) and again it is stated that the Mugen Damashii if connected with enough souls could allow Takeru to accomplish the feats it could
So it's a straight overdrive power boost at first with further potential to accomplish more if you focus on developing it
>>
>>50914711
>implying Warframe is useful in anyway
>>
>>50914772
oh look little Timmy got home from school.
>>
>>50914789
You had a good swing, but a lot of schools are out for winter break right now.
>>
File: bc324e260585ccca71ec0d0a7fc14773.png (861KB, 1751x2184px) Image search: [Google]
bc324e260585ccca71ec0d0a7fc14773.png
861KB, 1751x2184px
>>50914708
That's a rather silly objection, all things considered, but as you wish. Have Frisk in a bee costume instead.
>>
>>50914832
Acceptable.
>>
File: Appearance perks.jpg (50KB, 540x462px) Image search: [Google]
Appearance perks.jpg
50KB, 540x462px
>>50914772
Gonna have to disagree with you on that one.
>>
>>50914903
Is bait.
>>
>>50914678
It might be time to invest in 4chan addons. I'm still getting a you on replies.
>>
File: 415.png (85KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
415.png
85KB, 500x492px
>>50913563

>Neo-Heisei Part 3 is out.

You just couldn't wait until 2017, could you?
>>
File: 46093940_p0.png (488KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
46093940_p0.png
488KB, 500x479px
I'm working on making a chain that isn't boring. To help, I've made a few additional rules to increase the difficulty level.

First, I've divided the jumps in the chain into one of four tiers (0-3). In general, if you answer "yes" to the question, that's the tier.

Tier 0 Clean
¤ Is this generally a safe place to be for average people?
¤ Maybe Swords, Maybe Guns, Safe Magic
¤ E.G. Musician, Pokemon, Dodgeball, Girls und Panzer, Redwall, FLCL

Tier 1 Marred
¤ Should the average person be worried?
¤ Rare (if any) Clarktech, Action-Movie-Tier, Simple Magic
¤ E.G. Stargate SG-1, Blade, Monster Hunter, Animorphs, Zombies, Post-Apoc

Tier 2 Cracked
¤ Is there anything that no-sells tier-1?
¤ Higher Tech, RPG Combat Magic, DAKKA-Insoluble
¤ Mass Effect, Buffyverse, DOOM, Most Fantasy (Science and Modern)

Tier 3 Broken
¤ Would a level 10 RPG party be leery of getting stuck here?
¤ Supers, Mental Hazards, Speedsters, Bullshit
¤ Naruto, Marvel & DC, Evangelion

A Reminder: the life you live has to be interesting for your patron, in order to continue jumping. To help with this, there are some additional rules:
¤ Once you jump to a tier, you no longer recieve the customary 1000CP when beginning any lower tier jump.You may still take discounts for CP, however.
¤ Unspent CP is reserved for future jumps.
¤ There is no free CP for Body Mod or Warehouse; instead, you must spend reserved CP. There is a hard cap of 500 for the body mod, 500 for warehouse (including associated supplements).
¤ You must import (or 'pod) companions, in order to keep them. If you enter a jump without importing a companion who isn't otherwise stored, they will be lost forever.
¤ You and imported companions must always pick the Drop-In option.
¤ You must always roll for your starting location. You can argue with Jumpchan about it, and give up 50CP for a single re-roll. Tough luck if it turns out the same.
¤ You must write at least ten paragraphs about a jump, before you take another.
>>
>>50914936
>ever giving money to 4chan
nah
>>
>>50915005
Since when do you have to pay for 4chan X or Appchan?
>>
>>50915002
If anyone has an opinion, criticism, or can point me to anything similar, I'd appreciate feedback.
>>
>>50915002
What happens when you come across a setting without imports?
>>
>>50915002
I feel like there should be a tier four for settings with planet busters or conceptual shenanigans.
>>
>>50914369
>>50914457

I haven't really been following the Jump's progress or these arguments very closely, but it really does seem like The Gamer shouldn't have been made yet. I've been following the series and we've barely had screentime or power breakdowns for anyone besides Jihan, his ability The Gamer, or things pertaining to it either directly or indirectly. Unless there's a bunch of untranslated material I'm not aware of, The Company and Loliwitch are really the only others we've been able to peek at in hazy detail, and it's still nowhere close to Jihan and The Gamer.

There's a difference between some other Jumps being made while they were in progress and The Gamer being made while it's in progress, which feels like content. There's one big thing established that we're mostly clear on the details of, and you have to guesstimate and fill in whatever else is included in the Jump to prevent people from just instantly leaning towards taking that one big thing. It's hell for internal balancing "and" representing the series, and feels like just waiting would have been the best option.

Sorry if this is sounding overly critical, haven't got much sleep and I've seen this going on for a while now. If I'm really missing something about this could someone tell me? Because as is I keep seeing "we don't know" and "figure things out when it comes up" which sounds exactly like "we should have waited."
>>
>>50915024
>leaving any trace on any device that I visit 4chan
nah
>>50915002
i'd be curious to see the results
>>
>>50915055

(Actually, shit, I'll be back in about an hour or so.)
>>
>>50915002
I feel like you need a fourth tier for stuff like SCP.

Reserving unspent CP? That kinda unbalances a lot of stuff...
>>
>>50915002
have you thought about rolling for failure/success, for fights and so on?
>>
>>50915043
You better have your companions podded.

>>50915047
I originally did have another tier for specifically existential threats, but then realized that planet busters are too common in too many genres. The Death Star, and too many people to name in DBZ, Galactus and so on in comics - more importantly, any setting with FTL is technically capable of planet-busting. Not all of these setting are sitting at the high end of the spectrum to begin with, either, and so moving them up would be inconsistent.
Reality warping is another thing I struggled with, and decided it falls under T3, classified as "Bullshit". Setting with low levels of reality warping (rare wish spells and such) are typically T2, while setting with common entities whose powers can routinely change the nature of reality (In-Nomine, Evangelion Angels) bump things up to T3.
>>
>>50915055
>Because as is I keep seeing "we don't know" and "figure things out when it comes up" which sounds exactly like "we should have waited."
This is my deal. The Gamer really hasn't expanded on the world enough yet to give a good idea of what's what and how things relate to one another. Yes, we have jumps of other IPs that are still in progress. However, those are more fleshed out than The Gamer. We know more about the world, it's rules, organizations, and actors. The Game so far has only been about The Gamer.

Contrast that to say, The Overlord, where we do know a good deal about the world even though things are in progress. Part of that is likely because the Overlord has been running for 2 years longer than The Gamer, and part of it is that Overlord, due to its world and narrative, grants itself to qualification and quantification.

The problem with The Gamer jump isn't that it exists, it's that it exists already. I get people want the Gamer power, but IP isn't filled out enough yet.

>>50914262
Why was there a push to make this now as opposed to six months or a year down the road when, presumably, we know more about the IP and the jump could have better represented what the IP is like?
>>
>>50915158
Because of wanting the benefits now instead of waiting.
>>
>>50914049
Days since heavens said they could quit whenever they want: 0
>>
>>50915002
Honestly, that'd be too rule heavy for me to run with. Also, the CP banking incentivizes going to a bunch of fluff jumps for the sake of putting CP away. I'm not saying you can't do something meta with CP, well, you can't unless you're willing to house rule the rules and not wave it in peoples faces, but I'm just saying that banking may not be the way to go here.

Also, I'm not a fan of constant escalation. That rarely makes for a good long running story. Highs and lows are more interesting to me, but maybe that's a personal choice. I'd get bored or burned out if I had to keep outdoing the last threat.
>>
Hey, in regards to Doom 2016, does buying the Sword from the items section just straight-up hand you the Crucible? 'Cause that's pretty awesome.
>>
>>50915055
These are all legitimate points, and I'll admit that the only reason I want the jump now is because it's one of the settings I plan to have as a cornerstone of my chain. However, I also fear that the author of the series will only ever fill out more details of the Gamer ability. Because of the way the series is written I wouldn't be surprised if details concerning other characters abilities or the Abyss never come to the forefront. As of now, there are over 150 chapters and hardly anything has been revealed or expanded upon, which really makes the series kind of boring in the long run.

Should the Gamer have been made into a jump as early as it has been? I don't know. There isn't much content as of now. But even a few years down the line there still might not be any content because the author so far hasn't really done anything new with the series or provided a decent threat beyond the very vague concept of the Abyss, who is constantly talked up by the characters but consistently shown to be literally no threat at all to Jee-han with the exception of the top echelons. I guess I'm just trying to say that people are looking for content that probably won't ever be there.
>>
>>50915144
Quite a bit, actually. I've decided that stats rely both on the cost of the perks, and the jump tier they were purchased in (spending 200 on a perk in a T3 jump would be (2+3) 5).
The geometric (euclidean) norm is taken over all the individual jumps' contributing figures, and the result is the Jumpers' attribute. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to use this attribute.
Right now I'm thinking I'll use it as the number of dice rolled, and either comparing pools' sums, or highest rolled, as a resolution mechanic. I'll need to look at the statistics some more.
>>
>>50915239
I agree with this. The Gamer seems unlikley to suddenly expand it's world building some 150 chapters in to give us an excellent understanding of the setting.
The jump is fine. Just because we don't know every detail of the setting doesn't make the jump bad.
>>
>>50915158
>Why was there a push to make this now as opposed to six months or a year down the road when, presumably, we know more about the IP and the jump could have better represented what the IP is like?
When have you ever heard of thread wanting to wait.
>>
>>50915286
Also going to agree. I'm reading the series and it's not nearly as unclear as NuBee was making it out to be.
>>
>>50915239
>>50915251
>One minute apart.

>>50915286
>>50915301
>One minute apart

Really? I get you want the jump, but samefagging for it is pathetic.
>>
>>50915328
Not samefagging
>>
>>50915328
I can't speak for the other two posts, but this >>50915301 one isn't a samefag, mang.
>>
>>50915328
Not at all the case
>>
>>50914307
I have no idea. Fanwank something.

>>50915158
>Why was there a push to make this now
Honestly, there wasn't. My work ethic is kinda shit, so I try to always be working on at least one thing. Gamer was just something that popped up and I decided to do.
>>
What are some good starting Jumps aside from Pokemon Trainer, Infamous, and Harry Potter?

Trying to restart my chain.
>>
Anyone else fed up with hearing about the Gamer and don't care either way?
>>
>>50915370
That depends. What constitutes as a "good" starter for you? Because - I mean, Overlord is a pretty safe starting jump, from a certain point of view.
>>
>>50915002
For the most part, you've got a sound idea going. Being able to bank CP, however, is just going to get silly very quickly. Jump a Tier 1 Jump early and just keep banking from low-power settings, then go back to a Tier 1 Jump and buy literally everything. It seems like it's going to get very power-grabby, very quickly. Especially with you being able to pick your Jumps and plan your path.

The Tiered idea is not a bad one, but it will encourage constant escalation, which will eventually make for poor story telling. May I make a suggestion instead?

Tier 0: 300 CP
Tier 1: 600 CP
Tier 2: 900 CP
Tier 3: 1200 CP
Tier 4: 1500 CP (The few settings that blow Marvel and DC out of the water would go here.)

This would "encourage" the Jumper to make less dangerous Jumps more interesting by loading up on Drawbacks, while also rewarding them for tackling a high danger setting. I would also suggest giving the free CP for Body Mod and Warehouse, perhaps with some bonus CP if you /really/ think it's necessary. I don't.

The ten paragraphs rule is a good one though. Certainly keep that.
>>
>>50915375
It's a jump that exists for a power, so yes. At least with other hype-jumps we get lore, characters, plot, and other interesting bits. Gamer posting is really bland.
>>
>>50915385

Which one? The one based on the game or the one based on the anime?
>>
>>50915328
Also, if it were the case then it would imply that I had the forethought to plan ahead my posts and there order, or type really quickly. That's giving me far more credit than I deserve.

>>50915375
>>50915370
Okay, time for something new. I've always been partial to PS238, but I haven't looked at the newer version. How about disney princess? FIght your foes with the power of song.
>>
>>50915370
I'm fond of the mundane generics, like Career Model or Hollywood. Not the most glorious start, but it's a fun way to color your story from then on.
>>
File: 1467078063780.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467078063780.png
78KB, 282x300px
>>50915370
From my own bag of tricks, I'd say Rurouni Kenshin or Captain N are good starters as long as you don't overdose on drawbacks (taking The Great Change is an incredibly bad idea in the latter).

Outside of stuff I made, any of the Kamen Rider jumps can give you a nice assortment of things and are only as dangerous as you make them. Hero BBS is also a good one - gives you lots of ways to tackle whatever role or world you end up with.

There's a lot more but I can't recall them off-hand. It depends on how fast you want to dive into danger, really.
>>
>>50915375
Me. I personally just want the Tree power from the jump but more than that I'm tired of the people thread bitching about it.
>>
>>50915191
>Honestly, that'd be too rule heavy for me to run with.
Yeah, I'm currently basking in how autistic I am. I completely understand not wanting to add more rules to an already very complex system. I appreciate your feedback, even if it's not for you, though, so thanks!
>Also, the CP banking incentivizes going to a bunch of fluff jumps for the sake of putting CP away.
That was something I worried about. I had hoped that restricting free CP to a jumper's highest visited tier would prevent farming. The idea was that if a jumper hadn't taken a perks from higher-tiered jumps, they'd need to spend that CP in order to not fail the jump. Maybe we have differing opinions on what a fluff jump is, though?
>Also, I'm not a fan of constant escalation. That rarely makes for a good long running story. Highs and lows are more interesting to me, but maybe that's a personal choice. I'd get bored or burned out if I had to keep outdoing the last threat.
100% agree. Struggling in a high-tiered world, and then going back to a low-stress world to take advantage of the new perks was part of my intention.
>>
>>50915375
Yeah. I honestly don't understand what the big deal is. The Gamer power everyone keeps talking up sounds like it's something you could reasonably put in as perks for any random fantasy RPG without anyone batting an eye.
>>
>>50915414
>Rurouni Kenshin
I'm saving this one until later in the chain, so I can play the war-weary ronin like Kenshin.
>>
>>50915375
Yeah. Already jumped it so I don't give a shit if it goes on the drive or not.
>>
>>50915328
The other guy here. The Gamer isn't even in my chain, because I thought it wasn't clear enough as to what perks actually provided.
>>
>>50915406
*Snrk*

The one based on a novel. Considering the possible purchases, this one is fairly easy to survive in, almost no matter what you choose.
>>
>>50915455
Although opening with the Overlord game and then taking the Overlord series would open up possibilities. Can you imagine if you imported game Overlord minions as series Overlord NPCs? That'd be some shit.
>>
>>50915370
Well, it depends on the tone you're going for.

+ Generic Creepypasta is actually a great way to start out a Monster chain.

+ If you're going for a slice of life feel but want something different, there's my own Zootopia and FLCL.

+ If you want a cyberpunk kick start head to VA-11 HALL-A and don't load up on the high end drawbacks.

+ Want something a little weirder? Try Adventure Time. You can buy plenty to stay alive in that world and it's a freaky/cool place to start.

+ Or if you really want to try for a pulse-pounding, hard-mode start, dig into DOOM 2016 or Light of Terra. Sure, odds are you're going to bite the big one, but slamming your face into the wall early can be fun in its own way.
>>
>>50915375
I mean, sure the Gamer powers are cool but i can already emulate about 60-75% of it through other jump's perks, so other stuff were more interesting to me.

That and I kinda wanted to see what kind of things would appear in Jee Han's text boxes if he used Observe on me.
>>
>>50915455
As long as you pick up Level 100, don't piss off the other level 100 guy and don't take the wrong drawbacks, yes.
You may have trouble completing some of the scenarios though, and personally i always have way to little CP to buy everything i want in that jump even with those.
>>
>>50915538
>i always have way to little CP to buy everything i want in that jump even with those.
I think that's everyone's experience of that jump. I could double the amount of CP I start with, max out on drawbacks, and still be unsatisfied with my build.
>>
>>50915400
>For the most part, you've got a sound idea going. Being able to bank CP, however, is just going to get silly very quickly. Jump a Tier 1 Jump early and just keep banking from low-power settings, then go back to a Tier 1 Jump and buy literally everything.
After getting Tier 1 perks, the only CP the jumper would gain from Tier 0 jumps would be from drawbacks. Do you think that would be farmable easily enough to do this? If so, that's... definitely something I should fix.
>Especially with you being able to pick your Jumps and plan your path.
I had considered picking a tier, and then rolling for the actual jump. Or maybe rolling for lower-tiered jumps? With the issue you've raised, it really does seem like a more attractive option.
>The Tiered idea is not a bad one, but it will encourage constant escalation, which will eventually make for poor story telling. May I make a suggestion instead? [...] This would "encourage" the Jumper to make less dangerous Jumps more interesting by loading up on Drawbacks, while also rewarding them for tackling a high danger setting.
This is what the "Once you jump to a tier, you no longer recieve the customary 1000CP when beginning any lower tier jump.You may still take discounts for CP, however." rule was supposed to accomplish.
>The ten paragraphs rule is a good one though. Certainly keep that.
Definitely will. I don't see enough actual write-fagging, which is why I included it. Is there somewhere besides the google docs folder I should be looking?

Thanks for your input, it's definitely appreciated.
>>
>>50915524
The hilarious thing about this is the BLADE is the one who actually sat down and made a list on how to do so.
>>
>>50915406
Anime, as long as you stay out of the way of Nazarick, or become a member then there is little in the setting that can actually touch you with the options available to you. Realm of Heroes and Level One Hundred both put you in the top 1% of the setting, its just Level 100 puts you in the top 1% of the top 1%
>>
>>50915002
might try this sometime
copypastaing the rules
>>
>>50915580
Wait really? Have the list on hand?
>>
>>50915633
It's not exactly complete, but...

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread.393563/page-251#post-23096629
>>
File: bfcedc3b83b6328e5d596c8219928c85.png (432KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
bfcedc3b83b6328e5d596c8219928c85.png
432KB, 1200x900px
>>50915565
>Farmable easily
Yes, I do, that's why I mentioned it.

>Picking a tier and rolling for Jumps
Rolling would certainly help, though you would still end up with the issues of having much, much more CP for a Jump than it was ever built to accommodate.

>Point #3
I was simply offering an alternative that felt less exploitable from my own perspective. If you feel the banking option works better for what you intend, then by all means continue. But I will say the thread isn't going to show much interest in you posting builds with 5000 CP spent and no drawbacks taken.

>Looking for writefagging.
Unfortunately there's not really a dedicated spot for it. Most people just post their stuff in the thread. If you're interested in reading through it, HeavensAnon, Crux, and RavenloftAnon all do a lot of interesting writing, as well as my own work. Red also had some very fun to read builds. There are others as well, but names escape me at the moment.

Your best bet for finding it is to search on 4plebs using the names of those you like and digging it up yourself.
>>
>>50915414

Speaking of Hero BBS, I can't find it on the Drive.
>>
How much cp would a perk that let ignore enemies resistances be worth?

Like, burning a fire elemental to death.
>>
>>50915804
400 to 600 depending on setting.
>>
>>50915792
>Hero BBS
See: Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban
>>
File: 0cf.png (729KB, 677x1082px) Image search: [Google]
0cf.png
729KB, 677x1082px
>>50915002
SB is the other way, please.
>>
>>50915375
Gamer? More like Gay-mer, am I right?
>>
>>50915747
I disagree that discounts would be so easily farmable, but the point you raise about buying everything in a high-tier jump is worrying enough to make me want to build in safeguards regardless. (And I'm pretty new to this jumpchain thing, so you probably know better than me, anyway.)
Do you think limiting the reserve cap to 1000 would be enough to prevent this sort of issue?

>>50915878
???
>>
>>50915905
Don't worry, they threw this shit at me too just for asking for some suggestions. "Alternative" chains, even if they aren't being posted, seem to be really frowned upon by a good portion of this place.
>>
>>50915375
The main issue is that there is no longer any point to continue discussing the validity of Gamer nor is there a point to discuss the jump either. It's been accepted, use it or don't use it. The jump is bland, the setting doesn't have much to it because of how underdeveloped it is, but both exist. Arguing about whether it deserves to exist is a moot point by now. It's like debating whether we should have had an abortion after the baby is already born.
>>
>>50915956
To be fair, it has some decent waifus.
>>
File: Nazarick interiors.jpg (911KB, 1280x5224px) Image search: [Google]
Nazarick interiors.jpg
911KB, 1280x5224px
>>50915370
>Overlord, if you go as AoG or 'Friends with the devil' and don't go too heavy on drawbacks, you are not only guaranteed to survive and have a fun time, but will also be able to break through most settings with ease.
>Hellsing as a Vampire. You're the second strongest entity in the world, pretty hard to kill and you have one of the best regeneration in the chain as long as you consume a single soul to power you and considering that fucking NAZIS are trying to genocide London, it wouldn't be that hard for you to get one even with morals on.
>I would say that Peer of Hell Infernals or Siderals can be pretty tame if you don't risk too much and just do stuff around.
>Undertale if you pick Frisk as a companion
>Hero BBS if you start as an Active or Retired Hero. With the former you're basically guaranteed to win and with the second you have already won and you just need to do whatever you please for the next 10 (or 200 if you want) years.
>>50915538
Or just go with being a member of AoG and spend your first ten years drown in waifus and loyal minions.
>>
>>50915935
I think it's because SB has about 20 or 30 alternative chain options that are considered legit, like the 10k CP run.
>>
>>50915935
Just one person calling me a troll doesn't invalidate the pretty good feedback I've gotten.
>>
>>50915905
Spacebattles has a tendency to implement "Challenges" that tend to make it pretty easy to break, like you keep drawbacks between jumps and gain CP for them every time, or you start with 4000CP for your first Jump but if you die you lose all your powers.
>>
>>50915905
You probably should just remove the reserve CP all together, a system like that just begs for a jumper to visit some random setting bank all of the CP they gained and then go to Overlord/Exalted/Touhou Project to buy the lions share of overpoweredness related to the setting.

CP from Generic Sugar Bowl should not equal CP from Warhammer 40k.

The rewarding jumpers for going to dangerous jumps as well as punishing jumpers from going into a lot of low powered jumps to horde powers is a good idea in my opinion though.
>>
>>50915905
'Challenges' fuck in-jump balance pretty bad.

If you add the 'Unspent CP can be reserved' rule, you might as well give you unlimited CP for each jump.
>>
>>50915970
Even that is debatable. The character development for other people in the Gamer is worse than RWBY, arguably worse than Twilight. When you can say that Bella was a better written character than some of your female "leads", that's not exactly a good sign. The design is one of those dime a dozen ones, which doesn't help. Tower of God honestly beats the Gamer flat out in this department.
>>
>>50915979
>like the 10k CP run.
Wait, what? Don't you just buy out whole jumps at that point?
>>
Does anyone know the status of jumps set in the DCAU? Around the time I claimed Ghost Rider I also said that I'd do Batman: The Animated Series if it wasn't claimed in the meantime, but if I recall correctly there were also plans for the S:TAS and the Justice League animated series (JL is being done by Spyro, I think?)
>>
File: 4593be09700bac1d0105414ab58d73fc.jpg (385KB, 2400x1752px) Image search: [Google]
4593be09700bac1d0105414ab58d73fc.jpg
385KB, 2400x1752px
>>50915905
1000 CP cap on the bank would be pretty reasonable. It would certainly make for interesting builds. I know at least I'd be interested to see how this whole idea pans out. I'm still leery of the whole banking idea, but I'd be willing to read through you giving it a shot.

>>50915935
Personally I think alternate-style chains are an interesting idea, but it's hard to find that sweet spot between challenging and interesting while ensuring it's not just a power grab. A lot of alternate-style chains have the problem of giving away a lot of stuff for free for very little additional challenge.

The "Build for One, Jump to Another" challenge is a very fun idea though.
>>
>>50916031
Ah, but here's the thing - 10k is all you get.

Legit or not, people had some interesting write-ups based on those.

And then there was the Uchiha Madara challenge... That one was hilarious.
>>
>>50916031
I might be confusing it for something else, but I think there's one that gives you 10K CP at chain start, but you don't get more with every jump.
>>
Back

>>50915158

Yeah man, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I'd be all for The Gamer as a Jump since it seems to be setting up for cool stuff, but it
there yet.

>>50915239

Manhwa are across the board really, really slow from what I can tell. Compared to others I've checked out though, The Gamer is actually moving at a decent pace and has a fairly coherent story. Pushing for the Jump now because you jumped the gun and made plans for it already seems like a bad plan.

>>50915286

I'm not arguing for the need to know all details, I'm arguing for the need to know enough details, and I'm just not seeing enough details to properly represent what important characters we have against Jihan.

>>50915301

There's a lot of potential and groundwork, it's not a complete mystery, but that potential hasn't been developed much yet.

>>50915370

I'm personally a fan of stuff like Kenichi, Nightmare Before Christmas and Monster's Inc as a few options. They establish good starting tones for a chain and have pretty decent variety in regards to what exactly you want those tones to be.

>>50915425

It's rather simple in concept. "You have game character powers." But the series makes a strong point of showing how broken it is, like all the time, Jihan's friends and acquaintances bitch at him constantly over how good his random ass ability is.
>>
>>50916031
There's some jumps where 10k CP won't get you everything. A few, but they exist.
>>
>>50916064
>>50916066
Oh. Okay, that's a little less ludicrous.
>>
>>50915977
Why does Ains have a bed? He's a skeleton and does not need to sleep and he lacks the 'equipment' to do the other thing people do in beds.

Undertale is a fairly easy jump because besides Flowey there is not anyone in the Underground that would try to kill you unless you pick Fallen Human and the Drop In origin allows you to basically be Sans 2.0.
>>
>>50916020
Okay well I'm going to waifu Loliwitch. You have fun with trap town.
>>
>>50916117
Albedo disagrees
>>
>>50913463
Wanting attention, contrary to popular belief, is not a bad thing. It's only when you pull obnoxious stuff that makes everyone feel bad, to grab attention, that it's bad.

Like what you're doing with shitting on ASA for no reason or saying we care about him more than others. I don't know where you got that idea from, but if you think he stole attention from you you're sadly mistaken my good friend.
>>
>>50915370
Dr. Who might be interesting, since you can just rely entirely on the Doctor. Plus, I think it's one of those jumps that's better the earlier you do it, since traveling all of time and space is going to be less magical the longer you've been jumping.

In Wuxia, you'd probably be okay as long as you purchased a Mystical martial art, barring Adaptability early on. Those hidden masters who spend all their lives training on mountain tops are really the only ones who'd stand a chance against you in a fair fight.

SBURB is probably a good choice for early on too, since you can get some companions, inventory shenanigans, and magic powers for free. We can only assume the game is much easier to win when you don't have Lord English shit screwing it up.

Maybe Parayste, as a host or a parasyte, depending on how much risk you're willing to tolerate, since parasytes are actually kind of rare.

I think, generally speaking, jumps that give you a degree of supernatural abilities, while not being too dangerous, are going to make the best first jumps.
>>
>>50916181
>but if you think he stole attention from you you're sadly mistaken my good friend
No, I'm saying thread literally doesn't give a shit about anyone but ASA and people who act like him.
>>
>>50916117
We all want a nice nap now and then.
>>
>>50916190
Even adaptability would be good if you then grab a shifu with a mystic martial art. Pick it up off him in a few days/weeks and then learn all the crazy marital arts in wuxia land.
>>
>>50916207
No...? Who's ASA? What? Are you projecting? Because I care about the others.
>>
>>50916002
>If you add the 'Unspent CP can be reserved' rule, you might as well give you unlimited CP for each jump.
I don't think it's that bad. But...
>>50916001
>CP from Generic Sugar Bowl should not equal CP from Warhammer 40k.
This is very valid. Dammit.

>>50916062
>1000 CP cap on the bank would be pretty reasonable. It would certainly make for interesting builds. I know at least I'd be interested to see how this whole idea pans out. I'm still leery of the whole banking idea, but I'd be willing to read through you giving it a shot.
One of the reasons I initially wanted some kind of bank is because jump-ins don't get discounts for lots of stuff, but I totally understand being leery about it, given the discussion.
Thank you for your insights, you've definitely helped my chain be more interesting.
>>
>>50916221
>marital arts
You're probably better off in Otoyomegatari (Bride Stories) for that.

Or maybe Ranma, if you really want crazy ones.
>>
>>50915977
>Or just go with being a member of AoG and spend your first ten years drown in waifus and loyal minions.
Except that's even more CP spent on stuff that won't do shit for you after the jump. And 100cp less for completing the scenario, in exchange for being stuck with whiny moron lich as a companion.
Your "loyal minions" have a bad habit of creatively reinterpreting their orders. And mostly being Chaotic Evil. I wouldn't want to waifu any of the Nazarick women either for various reasons (chaotic evil, loli, really a bloodsucking lamprey-monster, batshit insane, take your pick).

So yeah, while you could have a really safe first jump in Overlord hanging out in Nazarick you're kinda wasting a lot of the gain you could have gotten instead.
Like a bunch of free innate talents and Realm of Heroes for free.
Not to mention the (imo) better import option, because as a player it's either mass-import (who don't get any CP) or don't buy anything yourself.
>>
>>50916272
Uh a wuxia place is going to have some pretty fucking crazy martial arts. Like exceptionally so. If you take everybody was kung-fu fighting cool masters and new martial arts won't be rare at all either so you can just pick up off them with adaptability.
>>
>>50916207
The only case in which this is case is if you lump all the buildmakers together under the same umbrella, ignoring their individual personalities and build tendencies. Even then that's not really true, considering there are popular jumpmakers and not so popular jumpmakers.
>>
>>50916334
Marital, anon. Ma-ri-tal.

Although to be fair, Sinanju is GREAT like that!~
>>
>>50916117
Ainz has a bed because he still suffers from mental fatigue. He goes into the bedroom to lay down on his soft bed and basically holds conversations with himself. Most the time he does it because he's confused on how his NPCs are acting but is required to put on an act of this mastermind of evil. Also Albedo & Demiurge do all these crazy plans and somehow credit Ainz for it all, which to Ainz he's clueless and just picks up on most of it on the fly.
>>
>>50915905
If you don't want to bank stuff you could weight the cp from each tier. 200cp from a tier 0 would only be worth 100 in a tier 1, 50 in a tier 2, 25 in a tier 3 etc. It could be annoying to keep track of though.

>>50915370
Path of Exile and Lightbringer are some of my favorites. It is easy to die unless you are familiar with them, but they have some great opportunities. I'd recommend going with something your really familiar with rather than what's safest as its easier to write for them and the first jump is important for setting the stage.

On a side note anyone have some recommendations for where I can pick up some of the more unusual damage types? I have Vorpal, Primal, Primal Chaos, Corruption, Occult, Frenzy, and Hex already. It doesn't matter if its from perks, abilities, or from equipment.
>>
>>50916369
>Sinanju is GREAT like that!~
Apparently, doing the whole thing tends to either drive normal people insane, or just kill them.
>>
>>50916369
There's almost definitely a martial art for marital arts in a martial-arts-and-crafts style setting.
Ranma almost definitely has one.
>>
>>50916412
That's why you either don't do the entire thing (The protagonist of the Destroyer tends to skip to the penetration step for that exact reason, among others), or know what you're doing.

>>50916420
You should've seen the entire Ranma fanfics dedicated to the idea. Oh, the horror.
>>
File: Dio 01.png (308KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dio 01.png
308KB, 600x600px
>>50916472
The Master's Way... shudders.
>>
>>50916254
Maybe you should just remove the only Drop In rule, I'm a bit confused about why you put that in there to begin with,
>>
>>50915370
Sonic is pretty great for that. Both work but classic is probably better.
Megaman Battle Network isn't a bad idea for a starting jump either.
>>
>>50916548
Ah. A classic.

Alas, Addventure. Another victim of 2016.
>>
File: Justice Has Arrived.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Justice Has Arrived.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>50913346
Lots of screaming, ala DBZ, while saying the name of my Super Modes(I have almost every Super Mode in /jc/). Then I unveil my final form, my wings growing from my back, my extra arms popping out, all of it unfurling from my form like it was always there, just hidden.
I only do it if I'm pushed to my limit, or my enemy has well and truly pissed me the fuck off.

>>50913391
I found the easiest way to start was go full Self-Insert. Make YOU, making the decision you want, and taking the things you find interesting. A gimmick eventually grows out of that, as you find yourself attracted to specific options more and more. Like Justice and his endless Physical and Charisma perks.

After you've done that you can try a second chain focused around a gimmick.

>>50913563
I will make a build for this, if I can stop being lazy today.

>>50915375
I just keep thinking "I need to start reading that again, and catch up on what I missed."
>>
>>50916045
Nothing new is done.
>>
>>50916727
Thank you for the advice!
>>
>>50913391
It can be hard to pick something you want and it can be really intimidating the first time around, but you really don't need to be perfect with jumpchain. There's really no just thing as a 'boring' build in jumpchain--you're bound to end up getting a unique set with a few quirks sooner or later.

Making a good build in Jumpchain isn't really all that important. Rolling is entirely optional even if a lot of people do it (Like me). It's also really difficult to really screw up a build unless you're taking some kind of weird challenge--You'll get decently strong sooner or later if you jump enough times.
>>
>>50916781
>>50916781
>Thank you for the advice!
I've found that most people who use exclamation marks online are female. Not sure why. Do you confirm.
>>
>>50916117
The NPCs refuse to rest unless he is resting, having the master keep working while the servants rest offends them.

Once he kept working for a long time and realized that none of the NPCs who needed sleep had gotten any.
>>
>>50916045
STAS is some random anon who may or may not have been serious, JL and JLU are Spyro who is working on it slowly, and the rest of DCAU is unclaimed.
>>
File: White Scarf.jpg (864KB, 1200x1544px) Image search: [Google]
White Scarf.jpg
864KB, 1200x1544px
>>50913563
But enough of lewds and sadness! Henshin!

~~~

Mystic: Gave this a big thought, I did.

Heart Surgeon(600): Quite possibly the best psychology perk I've seen in the chain.
I Believe in Myself!: I... Don't think I want this one. Pride in myself, no matter what I become? That sounds very, very dangerous.
Grateful Soul: Heh, wonder how many shenanigans this will allow for.
All Eyes on Me!(100): Sharing of spiritual energy? You don't see that often. And the corruption thing, as well.
The Soul Will Live On(200): To summon heroes of the old...
Heaven’s Sage(200): ...And give them purpose. Or, something not necessarily Eyeconic.
Open Your Eyes!(300): Empowered by my soul, you say? That can't go ludicrous at all!~
The Promised Number(600): My AIs can become material, AND consume my tech? GIMME!

Watch This!: 32 Eyecons. Yup. Which ones, I am not quite sure just yet.
Ghost Tags: Useful enough, especially with the drawbacks I am getting.

Front Row Seats:This will make sense in a bit.
MVP(+100): Now I just have to percieve life as a dating sim. That should help with not being an asshole. Actually, scratch that - I'll just go overboard on the Harem route and that's just no good.
All You Need Is Jumper (+300): I think I am pretty good with my emotions. Worst comes to worst - competitiveness is an emotion, right?~
History of the Chain(+300 ): A chance for a glorious fight against my friends of the past, with no holds barred... Wait, where's the drawback?
Somebody’s Watching Me(+300 ): Aaaaand this is why I am starting half a year boforehand. Because this? Might actually take a while. That said, I don't get a chance to fight an army all that often anymore.

~~~

Digger, Heavens? I love it. All of it, that you're doing. Even the despair at being mostly unable to watch any of those series becomes worth it.

Thank you so much. Those jumps are the greatest thing.
>>
>>50916045
>Batman: The Animated Series jump
yes pls
>>
>>50916982
I'll do DCAU if it's unclaimed.
>>
>>50916778
>>50916982
>>50917026
Okay, I guess I'll go ahead and officially claim Batman: The Animated Series then.
>>
>>50917043
Someone claimed DCAU but I forgot who.
>>
>>50916548
>>50916635
First what the heck is Master's Way and why the weird reaction, is it either that bad or that lewd? Second, the hell is Addventure?
>>
>>50917060
Fat Dragon is working it
>>
>>50917060
Spyro originally was Doing DCAU but scaled it back to JL and JLU.
>>
>>50917047
Finally! My Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn waifu combo!!!
>>
>>50916635
Addventure died? Holy shit that thing had a long run. I am also both surprised and intrigued that you're aware of it.
You may not be good people, Annette, but you're my kinda people.
>>
>>50917043
Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are claimed by Spyro.

Superman the animates series may or may not be claimed by an Anon.

YJ just claimed Batman the Animated Series.

Pretty much all other DCAU series are open if you want to make a jump of any of them.
Static Please?
>>
>>50917008
This warms my rabbity heart to see
>>
Hey heavens,Does Legacy of the Lost work on every kind of impasse or just physical ones?
>>
>>50917008
You're welcome, friend! Have fun with it and enjoy.
>>
So what's the status on the Uber jump?
>>
File: Kagetora Suited up.jpg (171KB, 540x789px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Suited up.jpg
171KB, 540x789px
>>50917089
Yep Addventure finally went the way of the can't pay for the servers that Keyblade of Creation went.

I do believe that with all of these Toku Jumps being thrown down I'll be doing some Captain Planet, MM Power Rangers, and Chroma Squad Builds before I head to some nice places like Kamen Rider. It's time for Unlosing Jumper to come out once more!

That is after I get some sleep I've been back and forth all day today.
>>
>>50917163
Taxi driving jump?
>>
>>50917047
Also, should I incorporate Batman Beyond stuff? I don't recall if there's enough there to warrant its own Jump.
>>
>>50917178
I was a chinese cab driver in Fast & Furious..
Good times.
>>
>>50917066
Addventure was a... Well. A branching free-for-all CYOA is the simplest way of describing that. Ever heard of Dungeon Keeper Ami? It was born there. And yeesh did it have a long run. Two decades, I think?

Master's Way was a particular branch there. Quality of it might've been subjective, but it catered to a lot of people's tastes and became quite popular.

>>50917089
I became aware of... Many things, in my quest for fiction of unique genres, ifyouknowwhatimean. My link list can and will ruin me eventually once someone sifts through my computer.
Indeed, anon! Good people I may not be, but do I not have like-minded people all around the world!?

>>50917106
>>50917124
The pleasure is all mine.

>>50917163
NAZI/100%, I imagine.
>>
>>50917187
Nah, just stick with BTAS. BB had some weirdness that should be its own animal.
>>
>>50917187
It definitely warrants it's own jump, Terry was fun.
>>
>>50917178
No, the comic one where the Nazis get a supersoldier program up with Woden's Blood and it all goes to hell.

>>50917200
>NAZI/100%, I imagine.
This pastebin is the last I heard of it. http://pastebin.com/4H3anaZP

Which is sad because I really want to go there and beat the nazis at their own game. Show them how it's done.
>>
>>50917213
Terry coming after you should be a drawback considering all the rogues he's killed.
>>
>>50917245
He'll just let you kill yourself.
>>
>>50917204
>>50917213
Fair enough, between B:TAS and The New Batman Adventures there's definitely enough content for one Jump.
>>
>>50917124
Again, sorry if I'm being a nuge but >>50917113
>>
>>50916887
is that a real thing??
i think peoplejust use it for emphasis
>>
I'm don't see (you) when someone replies to my posts, did I break something?
>>
>>50917340
We've decided you don't deserve any more (You)'s. To redeem yourself you have to make a cool new jump.
>>
>>50917340
(You)s were removed because /qa/ bitched about them being reddit or something.
They'll probably come back in some way after enough counter bitching.
For now if you get 4chan x you can still have (You)s though.
Even if everyone else can't see them it's still nice to be able to see replies to your posts at a glance.
>>
>>50917366
Ah, thanks.
>>
>>50917366
>(You)s were removed because /qa/ bitched about them being reddit or something.
All the useful shit that's been suggested in /qa/, and they go with this? If I weren't already numb to the retarded shit I see all the time around here I'd likely be surprised.
>>
>>50917407
Watch them remove the name field on all boards next except for 4chanpass users.
>>
>>50917501
Eh, I can see that unfortunately.
>>
File: 1482930233415.png (36KB, 834x582px) Image search: [Google]
1482930233415.png
36KB, 834x582px
>>50917366
>>50917340
>>
>>50913280
Practical Guide to Evil questions:
The "Namer" perk allows the creation of new Roles. That seems amazing.

1.Will I be able to use that in other jumps?
2.Are the three conditions the same as the three Aspects? Or is that a separate thing?
>>
>>50917576
That's a neat trick! but it would require me to allow cookies on 4chan.. not sure if worth it.
>>
>>50917576
Oh wow. Thanks, anon!

>>50917614
Come now. What could possibly happen?~
>>
>>50917614
Why would that be an issue, every site uses cookies.
>>
>>50917663
I only go here using Tails, a VPN, a proxy and using private mode (on my tor browser of course.)
>>
>>50917709
FBI-kun already knows where you live and what you do, anon.

Is it really worth it?
>>
>>50917709
But why?
>>
>>50917340
>>50917366
>Get rid of the (You)s because they're too Reddit.
>4chan existed before Reddit.
I hate this place sometimes.

>>50917709
Stop being a paranoid faggot.
>>
>>50917735
You'd love for me to just tell you why, uh? I'm not that stupid..
>>
>>50917070
>DCAU
Sweet if true
will probably start working on it tonight
>>
>>50917735
>>50917709
I think he is just meming
>>
>>50917744
No (you)s will probably help in the long run. People stop reacting to bait as quickly unless they're constantly refreshing this page to wait for a reply.
>>
File: 3db.jpg (52KB, 540x319px) Image search: [Google]
3db.jpg
52KB, 540x319px
>>50917709
>>
>>50917733
Could be worse. Could be the ATF.

At least the Feds ain't going to shoot my dog
>>
>>50917733
Actually they don't, but the NSA knows fo sho.
>>50917744
>>50917768
I was exaggerating for comedic effect but I actually don't want to leave any trace on my machine. I got a very devout wife and a kid who just loves messing up dad's computer.
>>
>>50917819
Why don't you just put a password on it?
>>
>>50917819
>I got a very devout wife
That's just what she wants you to think.
In reality she has a giant box of toys and costumes and is wondering why sempai hasn't noticed her yet.
>>
>>50917840
The wife uses the same computer as me.
>>50917848
...I'll check under the bed.
>>
File: grapplerules.jpg (126KB, 728x465px) Image search: [Google]
grapplerules.jpg
126KB, 728x465px
>>50917782
the melee shall favor me sorcerer
>>
>>50917593
>That seems amazing.
Yes. Yes, it is.

>1.Will I be able to use that in other jumps?
Yes, it's a perk.

>2.Are the three conditions the same as the three Aspects? Or is that a separate thing?
I believe they're different things, since they don't work like Aspects.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 455x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 455x300px
>>50917782
>>
>>50917891
So for instance could I set up these 3 conditions:
-has to be a woman under 20
-pure of heart and full of conviction
>the kingdom has to be in danger somehow
To create a Joan of Arc-like Role, let's say Battle Maid ?
>>
>>50917875
If you're a regular on /tg/, you probably have pretty geeky hobbies. I don't see how visiting a forum about said hobbies can worsen your image.
>>
File: truth.jpg (112KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
112KB, 500x503px
>>50917875
>>50917848
>>50917819
>>
>>50918043
have you looked at the catalog lately? this board be lewd as fuck hermano
>>
>>50918043
What if he's a regular of both /tg/ and /d/
>>
>>50917989
Probably, yeah? I don't think the maker gave any examples of conditions... but from what I read and remember, that sounds fine.
>>
File: really.jpg (55KB, 325x363px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
55KB, 325x363px
>>50918050
...This doesn't look like 4chan. In fact, that formatting looks kinda famil-

Was this shit on tumblr.
>>
>>50918118
>muh sooper sekrit club
>>
>>50918043
I don't think he wants his child to see his magical realm mate.
>>
Would it be fair to assume that an immunity to fire is actually an immunity to heat, light, and toxic fumes? It'd be kind of silly to be able to withstand the hottest flames imaginable and then burn yourself on a hot stove later in the same day.
>>
I'm about to spam the hell out of this thread with writefaggotry. Hang on tight.

Jump 2: Full Metal Alchemist
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Simplified Formulae [900]
Advanced Formulae [800]
Melee Training [650]
Martial Training [350]
Alkahestry [50]

Item:
Mauser C96 [0]
Survival Pack [100]
Alternate Clothing [50]
Throwing Knives [0]

Drawbacks:
Hostile Rival [200]

After my experience in the last world, I am not in any sort of hurry to live the life of someone else and then snap awake like it was just the lead-up to the jump. So my entry into the world is...unceremonious. The world of Pokemon dissolved into static and then ‘flipped’. There I was, in a new outfit, a few years younger than when I left.

There's something new in my pocket, and that crosses my mind before anything else did. I took out a small iron key that looked too big to fit a normal lock. The voice of my benefactor filled my mind, telling me ‘You will need this’. And it wasn't meant to be reassuring.
>>
>>50918213
I had a chance to grasp the Truth, and I turned it down. After the mental purgatory I had put myself through in Pokemon, I felt losing a limb and having to deal with both automail and phantom pains would be too much for me to bear. Besides...I had no Winry to fix whatever I broke. I was alone, just a man and his Pokemon. Aside from that, though? I felt GOOD. I spent more than a few minutes staring at my improved muscle and swift movements before I realized some people nearby were staring at me. I whistled innocently and kept walking.

I quickly realize that having no home or history to my name is a problem when dealing with military checkpoints. My hungry stomach and what little I'm carrying does little to relax me. Especially since the only thing I know about this place is that Rush Valley exists! Somewhere.

I don't think I'm in for a good time. And that fellow with the nerd glasses is looking at me very unhappily.

I managed to luck out and was given lodgings by a couple and their daughter. I used alchemy to fix their things and in return, they let me stay there. It's not what I'd call a healthy relationship since I wasn't sure how ‘legal’ alchemy was in the hands of civilians, but two weeks passed and the State Alchemists never showed up at the door, so I figured I was in the clear.

Their names were Mary, William, and their daughter Helga. William was a stern, no-nonsense sort of guy and made it clear that if I ever slacked off, I'd be back on the streets. Mary, meanwhile, was an ‘I run this ship' sort of housewife, and the only person who ever broke Will's calm. Helga was a tiny and energetic spitfire in comparison to both of her parents. The three of them did get along. It made me miss my parents in Pokemon a little.
>>
>>50918201
Depends.
Excessive Heat immunity makes sense, light doesn't really unless you're just talking about burns from super intense light, and toxic fumes are usually right out.
>>
>>50918201
toxic fumes don't have to be related to fire though.
>>
>>50918233
Eventually, I was less of a ‘live in labor bot’ and more of a ‘family friend’. I wouldn't describe it as idyllic, it had more to do with the fact we hung around each other all the time and I managed to avoid upsetting the family any. You just become ‘familiar’ after a while, just someone who helps around the house and is available to talk to now and then.

Some time passes and then a tall man with nerd glasses in a state alchemist uniform shows up at their doorstep. They call out a name. My name.

Not feeling much of any other choice, I stepped outside to be staring up at the man who was easily towering above me, even though his build looked absolutely pencil thin, as if he was made of bone and the most paper thin of muscle. But I could feel a weight around him, and a sense of dread. I asked what he wanted.

He then broke out into a smile and introduced himself as Reginald, a local state alchemist. He just said he couldn't help but notice me working to repair things and that it was very kind of me. I almost made the mistake of relaxing before his gaze changed into a sharp glare and he ‘kindly’ reminded me that undocumented alchemy wasn't illegal, but it was -heavily- frowned upon in this town and that I was to cease and desist immediately.

Something about that didn't sound right, like he was I don't know what got into me, but I found myself arguing back. This was how I made rent and I just didn't have anything else. What was I supposed to do? His glare was focused very intently on me, and then threateningly said something along the lines of ‘harassing a State Alchemist is a very serious crime.’

The lanky fuck was actually trying to find an excuse to lock me up. And I had known him for all of a few minutes! This is what I get for thinking I'd just miraculously avoid it, I suppose.
>>
>>50918201
I'd say es to heat,but no to light and toxic fumes. Guess you could include light somehow, but eh, being immune to fire doesn't mean you are immune to lasers. Toxic fumes would be full on powerwanking though, those are simply a byproduct of fire.
>>
>>50918201
In general, heat yes, maybe light, smoke probably not, however this all depends on the source of the resistance as, stupid as it may be, there are probably some settings that have fire resistance separate from heat resistance.
>>
>>50918201
Just because you can walk through a blazing inferno without getting burned doesn't mean you can still breath in there.
You're going to want something else to not suffucate, but I doubt you're going to be burning your hand on a stove after getting fire immunity.
>>
>>50918259
The tension was broken by Helga, who promptly offered the State Alchemist some cookies on a plate, courtesty of her mother.. At which point his stoic demeanor cracked and then he spoke in an amazingly effeminate voice, saying, “Oooh, cookies! I'd love some!”

I nearly choked on my own tongue.

More later.
>>
Could the companion option in KOTOR be used for canon characters? I really want HK 47 to join me on my journey.
>>
>>50917989
>>50918105
so this perk lets you create super heroes and mystical figures kinda like the Avatar?
>>50918213
hey you wrote the rest! kewl
will read after my nap
>>
>>50916369
As someone who missed out way back in the day, Sidereals jump is a godsend for that because of the sheer breadth of what SMAs can do even disregarding Obsidian Shards of Balance Breaking's ilk

Exalted handles adult content so unintentionally badly it veers over into hilarity sometimes, is what I'm saying.

>>50917196
Did you ever unlock your true power by carrying a baby or a stepladder?

>>50918201
In lots of fantasy worlds fire effects happen without any smoke and with light being distinguished as something else.

Homestly I wouldn't blame you for fanwanking something for anything short of plasma or which has a concussive component though. I'm still trying to picture exactly how an immunity to theft actually works. Do the objects just zip back to you? Do they become magically immobilised in time and space? Does the Benefactor hire a crack team of caffeinated Moogles to watch your pockets and cast status effects on your enemies?
>>
>>50918295
>I'm still trying to picture exactly how an immunity to theft actually works
Depends. Unlootable from FFTA works differently than Anti-theft from MH.
>>
File: My Card.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
My Card.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Turns out I never did Neo-Heisei Part 2, so let's do that first.

Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 2-Justice returns to Kamen Rider! HAHAHAHAHAHA!....Well, less "returns" and more "The Kamen Rider arc never ends"
0/2000
Hopeful Orphan
Free You Know the Rules and So Do I
Free At Least I've Got My Donuts
Discount You've Got That Wrong!
Discount Just the Beginning
Discount Never Gonna Say Goodbye
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Missing Piece
Promotional Movie Crossover Toyx2- Combine my Multi-King Driver with my new Wizard Driver, and Reconstructed Driver
Discount Reconstructed Driver
Friendly Stars(Import Luna Lovegood and Azula)
Discount Jewler's Special(Driver, Kick Strike, Drill, Bind, Gravity)

------------
Luna Lovegood- Kamen Rider EIGHTZE!
0/400(300 Extra for Items Only)
Orphan
Free Perks
Discount Never Gonna Say Goodbye
Promotional Move Crossover Toy-Combine her Fourze Driver with her Reconstructed Driver
Discount Reconstructed Driver
------------
Azula-
100/400(300 Extra for Items Only)
Transfer Student
Free Perks
Discount Shooting Star
Discount Beat Driver
Discount Machine Asteroid star

Part 1
>>
>>50918198
This is just like porn and sex. The kid is going to discover them on their own eventually.

Isn't a controlled demolition better than a nuclear bomb?
>>
File: LOVE COMBO!.jpg (55KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
LOVE COMBO!.jpg
55KB, 540x720px
>>50918352
Part 2

Custom Phantom-
0/1000
Nemea
PhantoRise
Free PhantoMachine
Discount Strength of the Earth
Discount Last Engage
Discount Blessed Wind
PhantoWeapon
------------
DLC-
0/100
GanbaRider Driver(Combine with my current Drivers)
Love Combo
Toy Collection
Super Hype Battle!
S.I.C.K.
SHOCKER Candy
------------
Legend Riders+0- Kamen Rider Seraph, one of the first Kamen Riders, came out and told the public what went down in the Showa Era. He then proceeded to mentor future Riders, and to open up a business depticated to helping them save the world.
Delicious Tears+100
I'm Already a Demon+500(Al-Miraj, Lechuza, Makara, Cadejo, Zhenniao)
Warlock, NOW!+400
>>
File: IMG_0797.jpg (191KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0797.jpg
191KB, 825x464px
>>50918293
Sort of, yeah. Though if Anon Heart's around, with regards to the more magical Aspects I'd like to know if they're based on the setting's available magic or Practical Guide's native magics?

>>50918295
Also fuck, on second thought after remembering more about fires I think smoke wouldn't be covered if only because that would raise questions about things like pyroclastic flows.

I've always wondered how a character from a JRPG series reacts to a dangerous setting with a more visceral approach to combat, where everyone's struggling to beat everyone else without regard for elemental alignment or long battle cries and nobody goes into combat dreased like they have several personal fashion designers.

...okay, that last part's mainly the later Final Fantasies but still.
>>
File: IMG_0739.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0739.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>50918360
To be fair calling 4chan a controlled demolition is like calling the Irish Potato Famine a period of poor cuisine. However kids find out about the stuff, there's gotta be a better way than to learn one day dad is obsessed with petting fluffy tails while all his friends argue about whether large girls or small girls are better and whether said foxgirl is a waifu or daughteru.

>>50918323
Let's say both? I didn't even know MH had that
>>
>>50918201
Nah. Immunity to fire is immunity to fire, not the secondary and tertiary effects of fire.
>>
>>50918484
>To be fair calling 4chan a controlled demolition is like calling the Irish Potato Famine a period of poor cuisine.
Still not as bad as Norwegian food.
>>
>>50918201
Only if the heat, light, and fumes came from some form of fire.
>>
>>50918261
>being immune to fire doesn't mean you are immune to lasers.

Not him, but arguable. Most lasers do damage by transfer of energy that causes heat, anyway.
>>
Build for Metroid is done
http://pastebin.com/5PPz4Y60
>>
>>50918598
Yes, but fire transfers heat mostly through convective and conductive methods, while lasers are radiative.
>>
>>50918545
Anon he was talking about a literal absence of food

How is Norwegian cuisine worse
>>
>>50918360
It might not be a big deal for Junior to find daddy's Playboys and see some classy pinups, but what if Junior gets on daddy's computer and sees all the lolis, tentacle rape, furries, gore, and loli fur tentacle rape gore?
>>
>>50918642
Maybe he was talking about lutefisk. Lye and rotten fish isn't an improvement over nothing.
>>
>>50918201
>actually an immunity to heat, light, and toxic fumes?

Heat, yes. Because convection, radiation, etc. are pretty common dangers related to fire. Light? Physically, yes, because most of the harmful effects are going to come from heat. Magically, no, because they're entirely different things. Toxic fumes? Eh, probably not.
>>
>>50918484
>to be fair calling 4chan a controlled demolition is like calling the Irish Potato Famine a period of poor cuisine
To be fair, that's not saying much, Mr. Panda Express.
>>
>>50918642
>How is Norwegian cuisine worse
Lutefisk.

>>50918660
I had to eat that shit as a child; I still have flashbacks as an adult.
>>
File: IMG_0795.jpg (88KB, 740x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0795.jpg
88KB, 740x448px
>>50918664
We were talking about actual food though, not hollow dopplegangers from the Dark kingdom that take on the likeness of real food to harvest life energy from the unsuspecting.

>>50918660
That would do it. I was going to bring up Noma, but on second thought a two michelin star restaurant is probably something of an outlier and I've never actually eaten in Norway.
>>
How quick is Boson jumping from Martian Successor Nadesico in terms of activation? Does it have a charge-up time, or is it pretty much instant with the relevant thoughts?
>>
>>50918775
>We were talking about actual food though, not hollow dopplegangers from the Dark kingdom that take on the likeness of real food to harvest life energy from the unsuspecting.
So the exact kind of thing you'd do as a being of entropy and stasis?
>>
>>50918822
Depends on the system, but in general short-range jumps are instant while long-range ones take a brief charge-up time. Nothing too onerous, though, a couple of seconds at most.
>>
>>50918201
It depends on the setting and context. Does your immunity come from being made of fire? Are you just getting nul-blaze cast on you? Maybe you have 100% resistance from somewhere?

So no. You can't just assume those immunities without context.
>>
>>50918403
I am, and I'm assuming you're talking about Namer? If you create a Sorcerous Name, they'll be based on... hm. I'll say you can pick when you make the Name.
>>
File: IMG_0794.jpg (71KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0794.jpg
71KB, 600x900px
>>50918969
...maaaan, I was never associated with entropy. At best I incorporated it into a couple experiments. Even back when stasis was my thing I aimed more for eternal preservation than stagnation. One of the reasons I studied souls was to try to develop a harvesting method that could be refined into a net increase of spiritual energy.

Anyway, times change. Food shouldn't.

>>50919050
Spraking of Martian Succssor, exactly what is the Y-Unit capable of? Is the whole tearing open time and space thing like Okuyasu's Stand or that bit in Gurren Lagann where the mugann-cluster gets knocked through space or something?

...how bad an idea would it be to combine it with the Little Doctor from Ender's Game, the Black Sun from Supreme Commander and a firing mechanism based on the Shrike's Godspear-which dumps 500 motes to inflict infinite damage?
>>
>>50917593
Shit, missed this.

Okay, Namer:

1. Yes, you can use this in other jumps. Technically speaking, you can totally forge a Name within the jump without this, Squire does it by accident and creates Adjunt. It's just hideously unreliable.
2. Three conditions are separate. The example given >>50917989 works fine.
>>
>>50919185
Is Neptunia meant to have a drawback limit? Also, is the Goddess Containment Unit just, like, a building that follows you around? What happens to the contained post-jump?
>>
>>50919257
Would Opposite Magic from Anima allow someone to have more than one Name?
>>
>>50919296
>>50919257
Ooh, never noticed that before. Think that would let an Esper use magic in Index?
>>
>>50918268
Although hostilities had been temporary diffused by baked goods, the rest of my time in the town was constantly hounded by Reginald, following me around like a passive-aggressive Javert. He would constantly spread rumors about me and what I was up to, right up to the idea I was having an affair with Will's wife. Luckily, nobody in the house actually believed it. I asked Will if he trusted me.

He said yes, but not for the reasons I hoped. “You're too much of a wimp.”

I wasn't particularly adventurous for the rest of my time in the town, because I felt like anything I did that could be framed as a crime would land me in jail with Reginald tracing my shadow. I wasn't even sure why he was doing this outside of the fact I picked a drawback. But then, I knew all about people acting irrational and stupid over perceived slights by now.

As time went on and the days rolled by, I was beginning to wonder if I was even cut out for any of this. I was just being a menial worker the entire time I had been in this world, and in the last one I just lived a life only to wander aimlessly. I was lacking something. Some kind of drive. Incentive. At least I had alchemy to play with in the spare time...actually knowing a science that doesn't exist in my world is incredibly fascinating.

But I had forgotten, the world would keep on spinning even if I didn't keep up. And when I heard that the Elrich brothers were kicking up a fuss and the tremors began, I got an unpleasant reminder of what was to come. I remembered Sasha. How I didn't do...couldn't do anything. And I couldn't magically teleport to the plot I had neglected to participate in or curtail somehow.
>>
>>50919332
Well, Espers /can/ use magic, they just experience harmful effects from doing so. You'll probably want something else.
>>
File: neptunia1480403469467.jpg (298KB, 1300x900px) Image search: [Google]
neptunia1480403469467.jpg
298KB, 1300x900px
>>50919257
So if you use the Namer perk to do as the other anon suggested and make a one-off Joan of Arc, would she get some sort of buff associated with that Role? Could it take a farmer and turn her into a hero that people would rally around?

Thanks for the jumps, have a pic.
>>
>>50919189
It's like Okuyasu's Stand. The Y-Unit causes anything within its area of effect to stop existing. There's no mechanism for matter or most energy shields to resist it, so it pretty much completely ignores armor, only distortion fields (or, presumably, other technologies that protect through spacetime/gravitational warping) can deflect it. And even then, very powerful ones. Which means combining it with those things you listed wouldn't necessarily do much. The Little Doctor would do nothing, the nucleus-disrupting energy field it generates would get consumed by the Y-Unit just like anything else in its blast zone. The Black Sun could extend its reach and maybe let you strike multiple targets at once, I suppose, though would take a lot more power. And the Godspear's technology would presumably just empower the spatial warp even stronger, letting it punch through stronger distortion barriers. It's already essentially doing infinite damage to anything it hits, this would just be making it better at penetrating systems keeping it from hitting.
>>
>>50919353
If I was thinking rationally, I knew I could survive on my own and everything would change back to normal. But after the last world, I didn't trust fate or destiny anymore. And if I could do something, isn't that what I should do? I screamed and yelled and directed people to me. The family, neighbors, even Reginald...though I feel like that may have been him slipping through the small crowd I had gathered.

I turned the key at the first door I could find, and welcomed them into the Warehouse. The blue hum of the forcewall protecting us as a scarlet red began to cover the entire city...no, the entire country. The sight of hundreds, dozens of souls sent screaming into a vortex together as their bodies fell down, lifeless and cold. Except for us. Just us.

Questions swarmed, within and outside of my mind. People were wondering what this place was, the strange things contained within it, and how spacious it was. Others were watching in terror at what was unfolding. I wondered if things would go the way I remembered, with everything back to normal. The fear in my stomach was so strong I didn't notice the sound of a gun cocking until Reginald's voice went to me.

His eyes were wide and his voice was pitched, almost rabid. He had a pistol pointed directly at me as I turned to face him, my hands raises defensively as his back faced the doorway. I heard movement and murmuring behind me, and a steadily growing panic. He threw accusations my way. About how I knew all of this, about how he knew I was a rat, how I must have been responsible. One thing stuck out in my mind.

‘Why didn’t you stop this?'
>>
>>50919378
Some of the crowd agreed, particularly those who had friends and family outside who couldn't fit in the Warehouse. Others argued in my defense, but their voices were quiet. Reginald only became more panicked and angry, his voice echoing against the walls. He was going to take the shot. I was going to die. I contemplate dodging, leaping to the side and throwing Chloe his way, or taking out my own gun with the opening.

But my head turned so I could glance behind me. I saw men and women of all ages, neighbors, friends, acquaintances, even the people I had little annoyances with. Families huddled together and looking on at the scene in worry and fear. I could see a grown man sobbing in the corner across from me. I could see Will, Helga, and Mary holding each other close.

No. I wouldn't dodge. If Reginald wanted me, he could have me. I bent my knees with my hands held up. He could tell I was about to move and didn't waste time, firing a shot. I almost leapt to catch it as a numbness quickly spread along my left shoulder. I could see red from the corner of my vision. But as I fell, a blue light focused around my good arm and I opened my palm, firing an Aura blast directly at Reginald.

He had been so focused on ending my life that he didn't have time to react to that surprise. I didn't see what the impact did to him, but a second shot struck the ceiling of the Warehouse right as he tumbled out of the forcewall. It kept things out, but didn't keep things in very well.

I felt myself impact the cold ground as the pain began to kick in. I was vaguely aware of the fact I had been shot, and was bleeding out quickly. I could see faces and hands around me, just as my vision went dark and I felt myself drift off to sleep, expecting and hoping to wake up in my old bed...
>>
>>50919354
Fair point.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's possible to pawn the reaction of using magic off on something else if you're crazy enough to convince yourself that the object is part of your body. Wonder if you could cheat and cause Shadowclones or the like to take the damage instead?
>>
>>50919354
Couldn't you just use Toggle to turn off your Esper powers when you want to use magic?
>>
>>50919427
Yeah, but then you can't abuse clairvoyance while setting people on fire.
>>
>>50919368
Not AH, but yeah thats the whole point. In effect you can make diet psuedo-exaltations that turn people who fit the requirements into heroes and villains with a boost associated with being one of these named figures, and associations with their roles. There power level is determined by how famous the title becomes.
>>
>>50919271
Goddamn it, I forgot a limit for Neptunia, didn't I? FUCK. You know what, I don't care, no limit for that one.

Goddess Containment unit: Yeah, it's a building. Place it wherever you like, or keep it inside your Warehouse or whatever you prefer. Person contained within is either dumped back into the world, or you can leave a copy of the containment unit to hold them. I'll add that.

>>50919296
... Uh. Shit. Somehow I never even considered the interaction there. Um. I... guess? Urgh. That feels really wrong, thematically speaking, but that sort of shit is literally the whole point of that perk.

>>50919368
Yeah, Names come with buffs, and goddamn it, I never explained the base Name buff in the Jump doc, did I? Frekkin-

Okay, Names, from what I've seen, give the following while invoked:
Increase to physical stats across the field.
Usually a basic grasp of magic, though not always. (Squire gives necromancy, for example, while Lone Swordsman gets some sort of concussion/anti-magic thing. Void magic? Either way, Squire explicitly had no talent for Magic before getting her Name, and doesn't have any Aspects related to magic use. Further, Black Knight is confident she'll have necromancy, when he's only relatively sure she'll have Learn.)
A few minor 'tricks', like Speaking in order to force people to fall in line (seems to be single target, low duration).
>>
>>50919497
So Namer allows you to name people or give them Roles, because the perk says you give them Roles and I thought Roles were separate from Names. Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here, but I love the jump and the concept is great. I'm just trying to get a handle on it.

>>50919469
>>50919497
Is there a cap on how many Roles you can create or have active at once? I know they don't follow out of jump, but I'm wondering if there's a cap on what you can do and create in jump.
>>
>>50919549
FFFF- That's a series of mistypes on my part. About half the time I said Role, I should have said Name. Ugh. I'll try and have a fix up ASAP. This, friends, is why you should always have an editor who knows the setting looking over your shoulder.
>>
Can someone post the latest Practical Guide to Evil jump?
>>
>>50919549
http://abridged-guide-to-evil.wikia.com/wiki/Name

Explains it better than I can. Although haven't read the story yet I would say how many you can make probably depends on how well a jumper's social-fu and storytelling is.
>>
>>50919642
Give me, like, half an hour to update it.
>>
>>50919588
No problem, I imagine getting all that sorted is a pain. Also, how many Roles / Names can we create over the course of a jump? Can you just toss them out willy nilly, or is there some sort of cap.

>>50919642
Here.
>>
>>50919663
Time limits. 6 months to weave a new Name, 3 if you're focused on just it.
>>
>>50919684
Awesome. Thanks!
>>
>>50919396
The cliff hanger is killing me! You can do it Jumper!
>>
If you took Sorcery in Practical Guide To Evil, is the villain power boost worth it?

A 30x magical learning boost seems like a must have for a jumper.
>>
So between Gamer's Skills, Progress (Skyrim), and Sorcerer Savant (Young Justice), you can learn, like, all of the magic in Fairy Tail, right?
>>
Changelog: Basically the stuff I said above, plus clarifying that the Magic perks grant 5 years of training in their magic. If there's anything else unclear, please inform me, and I'll clarify.
>>
File: NamedSupplement.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
NamedSupplement.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50919859

And updated Named Supplement, now explaining the basic boosts just for having a Name (hopefully). Again, if unclear, please inform me, and I'll try and clarify.
>>
>>50919842
Some Fairy Tail magic isn't really learnable, but the rest you can probably get.
I don't know if that's really enough to get all the magic in just 10 years, but if you could probably get a lot.
Finding someone to actually learn the wierd stuff from is going to be the hard part.

Of course you're still going to want to buy requip since warehouse compatibility is too good to pass up.
>>
>>50919842
Bit dependent on books. Maybe try that one perk - mimic? - from the original Zelda jump to learn stuff that people attack you with.
>>
>>50919859
So, uh, what does Strange Weapons from Neptunia actually do? Like, if I were to pick up a sword and my theme was "Mace" would it permanently change into a mace?

Can you purchase the perk more than once for several variations?
>>
>>50920001
It's only while you're holding it, and yeah, sure, why not? If you pick multiple, you can choose what it turns into.
>>
>>50919859
So does the STEAL aspect in the web-novel does anything crazy? Like steal concepts or non-material things like youth?
>>
>>50920028
Oh. Huh. Just reread the perk. Apparently it's permanent. Ignore the "while you're holding it" bit.
>>
>>50920041
She steals an angel's ability to resurrect people and the Rise aspect from a fellow Named. She hasn't used it any more than that, it's a pretty recent one.
>>
>>50919842
More like "all magic ever."
You might want to pick up something to help you stay focused on your training, however. I think a lot of people underestimate mental exhaustion and just assume they'll be able to keep training for three centuries straight with no issue.
>>
>>50920041
Oh, wait, shit. You were talking about STEAL, not TAKE. Whoops. Um, ignore >>50920062. I am apprently bad at reading right now.

STEAL's been shown stealing a fleet of boats, nothing conceptual.
>>
File: picard-yes.jpg (71KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
picard-yes.jpg
71KB, 450x350px
>>50920062
How powerful is that Named with STEAL as an example?

>MFW now I can get my Carmen Sandiego on.
>>
File: Debbie-Reynolds.jpg (118KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
Debbie-Reynolds.jpg
118KB, 940x545px
2016 has racked up another one. Debbie Reynolds aka Carrie Fisher's Mom has died.
>>
>>50920102
I am /extremely/ sorry for misleading you, I thought you were talking about TAKE. Steal's only stolen physical things.
>>
>>50920102
>>50920083

Oh I see my mistake. Take is what I would use. Ok.
>>
>>50920115
Who gives a fuck?
People die, the world keeps spinning. Suck it up.
>>
>>50919913
That's what Sorcerer Savant is for.

I think the vast majority of magic would be available from books anyway. One chick even learned God Slayer Magic from a book she found.

>>50919902
I know Dragon Slayer and Demon Soul can't really be learned. And probably Devil Slayer, too. But other than that most of the good stuff should probably be doable, right?

Actually, I wonder if there's anything that could take someone's knowledge and solidify it into a book?
>>
>>50919859
>>50919878
Rereading. You going to be around for a minute to field questions?
>>
>>50920209
Yup. I'll be around for, I dunno, half an hour or so? Might switch to phone-posting after that.
>>
>>50920115
...She lost the will to live?

I'm not sorry.
>>
How hard would it be to copy Ajimu from Medaka Box's skills?
>>
>>50920268
She couldnt carrie on
>>
>>50920271
Literally impossible. Why don't people ever read the notes?
>>
>>50920115
Damn it, Stan.
>>
>>50919859
>Empires struggled to conquer, then fell into chaos as traitorous visors inevitably rebelled.
Visors or advisors?

>>50920294
I laughed.
>>
>>50920342
>I laughed.
I didn't.
>>
>>50919396
I woke up with a headache and an amazingly sore shoulder. And by sore I mean ‘covered in bandages and very hard to move’. I blinked as I recognized the fact I was in the ceiling of the Warehouse. The bedsheets around me were from the Medbay. Will and the people I brought into the Warehouse were still there, but many of them had gone.

Will told me that the red glow had gone and everyone outside had woken up, back to normal. The relief that left me was palpable. I then asked how he knew to use the Medbay. He pointed to the instructions that were taped to it, still resting there in case I had forgot. That's right. It was designed to fix anything with a pulse, and be usable by idiots like me. They must have figured it out.

He doesn't mince words. He saved me because he knew I blocked the bullet that would have likely struck him or someone else. Despite everything suspicious I had said and done, I was trying to protect the others. I want to say something. To explain myself. To tell him what I was thinking. But he stops me.

“If you explain yourself, I feel like I won't be able to understand it...or forgive you. Let's just leave it at that.”

I didn't want to argue, so I agreed. And then I asked about Reginald, and what had happened after the gunshot. Will narrowed his eyes. “You really are naive, aren't you?” And no matter how much he asked, he wouldn't answer. Looking back on it now...I think he was trying to protect me. Because if it sunk in then and there that I had killed someone, even in self-defense, it might have been too much for me to bear.
>>
>>50920366
Though the people I had stayed with excused me, the rest of the town still looked at me with...I don't know. Some people were grateful. Others whispered about how I somehow knew what would happen, and that I was involved. I didn't stick around to find out. I said my goodbyes and rode off on my motorcycle. I felt regret, but I knew I couldn't remain for long after murdering a State Alchemist.

Back to the wilderness...a part of me was starting to think I couldn't stand living like this. And that it was time to go home. I found myself outside of civilization again, sustaining myself on the Warehouse whenever I could find a door and a place to rest.

...ten years. You again, huh? ‘Just entertaining enough?’ I'll take it as a compliment. Is this going to be a trend?

‘Only if I want it to be?’

Fine. One more couldn't hurt.

How'd I do?
>>
>>50920342
Vizers, sorry. I'll fix that in the next pass.
>>
Is there any way to make something more "compact" without outright shrinking it? If I shrink something, generally the proportions will remain the same, and I'm looking to make the Magical Index from BBS more akin to a magical notebook than a "thick leather tome".
>>
>>50920366
>I woke up with a headache and an amazingly sore shoulder.
It's like you're writing about my life.
>>
>>50920297
You mean the part where all non-CP bought powers are lost at the end of ten years? I don't really care about losing them. I'm just mildly entertained at the prospect of copying her powers and using them against her whenever she tries to attack me.
>>
>>50920199
>God slayer from books
WHO. And how can I steal said book?
>>
>>50920240
Oh and Anon Heart, thanks for the jumps and introducing me to what looks like a great web-novel.
>>
File: nika jumper be nice or leave.png (141KB, 310x214px) Image search: [Google]
nika jumper be nice or leave.png
141KB, 310x214px
>>50920191
>>
Got into reading Injustice in anticipation of the jump. . . holy shit, Alfred really beat up Superman.
>>
>>50920435
Ask her http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Sherria_Blendy
>>
>>50920496
People forget that Alfred was basically James Bond in his time.
>>
>>50920465
I'm glad you liked them! Both the jump and the webnovel, I mean!
>>
>>50920199
It's really sad you can't learn Demon Soul. Settling for shitty Animal or Monster Soul is terrible.
>>
>>50920496
You do not fuck with the family. You should have seen /co/ when it came out, everyone was losing their fucking minds.
>>
>>50920496
Yeah, it's a dumb scene in a dumb book. What did you expect?
>>
>>50920517
Pretty sure it just has some vague requirement about needing demon particles in your body. So just shove some of those in there.
>>
>>50920526
You say that but I'm enjoying it immensely.
>>
>>50920548
The fuck is a demon particle?
>>
>>50920526
Comics are innately dumb. That's not a problem. You should be asking yourself if it's cool and/or fun, in addition to being dumb.
>>
File: 1481366999729.png (22KB, 565x149px) Image search: [Google]
1481366999729.png
22KB, 565x149px
>>50920551
>Expecting an actual explanation
>From Fairy Tail
>>
>>50919859
>>50919878
Just finished the read: looks good! So to use the Named Supplement, I just think up a Name, decide whether I'm a Hero, Villain, or Ambiguous, and then purchase 3 Aspects to use in practice of that Name and it's Role?

Going to echo what the other anon said, this looks interesting and I'll have to give it a read.
>>
>>50920558
No. Fuck off, there's a difference between typical comic stupidity and this. Injustice is a shitty comic for shitty people, with no possible enjoyment to be gotten out of it unless you're an absolute cretin.
>>
>>50913563
>Cure cancer by turning it into a monster of the week and punching it
I shouldn't find this as funny as I do.

Also, anyone who has knowledge of this series, is coexistence between humans and Roidmudes possible, or do one of them have to die?

Also also:
>Using Clock Up and Slowdown at the same time
>>
>>50920579
Yup!
>>
>>50920646
Here's to hoping we ruin your New Years too, big guy.
>>
>>50920646
Guess I'm a cretin.

Being one isn't aa bad as you'd think, actually.
>>
>>50920407
You know what you really need to do to make her shit herself? Use the drop-in capstone from the new Kamen Rider Kabuto jump, the one that makes fate itself decree you to be the main character. She very much believes reality to be a manga that follows common tropes, so having something like that would probably make her too scared to oppose you, because as the main character you'd find some way to beat her, obviously. Well, at least that's what she'd believe.
>>
>>50920650
So, how does one learn Ars Magnus? How long would you say it takes to learn one if you train three times a week? Is it possible to develop your own? Wouldn't that make more sense anyway from a story perspective?
>>
>>50920647
>Also, anyone who has knowledge of this series, is coexistence between humans and Roidmudes possible, or do one of them have to die?
Quite possible, there are a few Roidmudes who want to coexist with humanity to begin with, and by the end of the series Heart and Medic (not Brain, though, he dies still hating humans) of the main villains are pretty much okay with humanity. Of course, Medic dies, as well as the majority of the remaining Roidmudes, and then Heart's all "well, pretty much every other member of my species is dead. Hey, Drive, can we have one last big showdown where I can fight to the death with you because I can't bring myself to commit suicide despite my loneliness?" So, you know, convince him of humanity's worth before he gets to the stage.
>>
Gaunlet, he's the guy with the trip. And an avatar.
>>
>>50920766
Shaka, when the walls fell.
>>
>>50920710
Dominus Exxet has training times, but I just started phone posting, so I won't have access to my book for about an hour. Once I'm back on my computer, I'll be able to post it though. Coming up with your own Ars Magnus probably falls under the same "rules" as making your own spell in D&D 3.5. I'm pretty sure there's rules for it, and even more sure that they'll be completely unhelpful, so just fanwank responsibly.
>>
>>50920788
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra!
>>
>>50920708
Oh, yeah, good idea Anon! Though, I am slightly hesitant to go to Kabuto just yet. Seems a bit too moo of a leap in powerlevels right now.
>>
>>50920829
Temba, his arms wide!
>>
>>50913563
>>50913567

>Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei: Part 3 - 709
Origin: Mystic
Drawbacks: There’s No Going In Reverse! (+0), All You Need Is Jumper (+300), History of the Chain (+300), Somebody’s Watching Me (+300)
Final Point Count: 1,900 CP

Perks:
-I Believe In Myself (Free)
-Grateful Soul (Free)
-Open Your Eyes!
-Humanity is Infinity

Gear & Comrades: (+300 Gear-Only Stipend)
-Ghost Tags (Free)
-Tire Kokan! x1 (Free) - Burning Solar, Max Flare, Rolling Gravity, Deco Traveller, Mad Doctor, Spin Mixer
-Watch This! x1 (Free) - Nietzsche, Guan Yu, Date Masamune, Gogh, Jeanne d’Arc, Pocahontas, Prince Shotoku, Archimedes
-Type-V x1 (Free) - Type-Formula
-GashatO x1 (Free) - Monster Gamer, Adventure Gamer
-Type-Rider (-300 Gear-Only Stipend)
--(Vehicle Import: 1964 Pontiac GTO) (Free)
--(AI Import: Janpaseiga) (Free)
-Got Game?
-Jumper x Rider Heisei Generations x3 (Gamer Driver + Type-Rider Belt + Ghost Driver + The Promethium Driver (original henshin device the first three are being meshed with))
-Pit Crew (300 CP)

KAMEN RIDER SHOUJO IS WITHIN A HELL OF HIS OWN CREATION.

BUT HE WILL PERSEVERE. FOR HE MUST.

Also, anyone want me to post the new iteration of this startling out-of-control clusterfuck now?
>>
>>50920853
Go for it. Tell me what horrid abomination of Driver technology you have crafted.
>>
>>50920828
Whoops, that was me. Name fell off.
>>
>>50920944
Can chips of the same type be used more than once in the same Disc?
>>
>>50920044
Can you choose not to change a given weapon?
>>
>>50920978
No. You get one chip of each type.
>>
>>50920997
Yes. It gives you the capability, it doesn't automatically change the weapon.
>>
>>50920998
Can they be of similar types? Like, one for mana rate, another for ki rate, and another for mana capacity? Also, how are they used? Are they just "equipped" to a nebulous metaphysical "slot", or are they worn?
>>
>>50920853

Do it.
>>
>>50920828
>>50920944
Having looked it up, training time depends on how good you are and what Ars Magnus you want to learn and could be anywhere from effectively instant to most of a decade spending all your time on it.
>>
>>50920869
Okay I'm pretty sure I'm on a blacklist somewhere in the multiverse but. PART 1

It all started in Symphogear, where through blind luck and biomancy I managed to - after starting with the Prometheus Relic as an Implanted Relic - completely reassemble it's pieces. It involved a lot of deep excavation of Japan. While Implanted and reassembled, Prometheus became exposed to my unique biolody - a mixture of fire elemental, organic metal, and a shit-ton of evolution (via Karma Chameleon, Evolution Energy, and Spiral Power). Symphogears natively have a shit-ton of attributes to empower their magical girls, but at the same time they also have a few similar ones - primarily, Emotional Empowerment and Evolution. All of these attributes skyrocket when they receive enough Phonic Energy to reach a state called X-Drive part of the reason why their suits are so different between seasons. And because of two of my superpower-supplying organs (hand-crafted) having implanted and miniaturized Orgels of Origins a la Ar Tonelico, meant my Relic was pretty much in permanent X-Drive.

This thing was later, after a few dozen jumps, imported into Akame ga Kill under the following formula:

>Imperial Arms Table:
>Imperial Points Added: 300
>IP Count: 1,300
>Armor
>-Import (Free): Prometheus. Title: Bound in Passionate Flame
>-Reflective Defense (-300 IP)
>-Evolution (-400 IP)
>-Emotional Empowerment (-600 IP)

It's already spiraling, as you can tell.

From there we go to Kamen Rider Showa Part 2, and afterwards Heaven's Lost Property. Didn't go for much but the Drop-In tree - which admittedly, has the grasshopper-themed Cyborg Soldier Level 3 (which got joined to this partially), and Blueprint-Z which I used to augment myself in a manner similar to Kamen Rider ZO. But in HLP... I went Angelroid.

Specifically. I went for the Pandora V2. Which only really comes into play after Metroid, but it's fucked.

After these jumps I went along like a dumbass.
>>
>>50921047
No to similar types, and 'equipped to a nebulous metaphysical slot' is hilariously in-character for the setting, so that.

>>50920710
Back on my computer and... >>50921086 that. That being said, an absolute beginner can learn the simplest in about 30 months, and can't learn the harder ones... assuming they're dedicating every moment to it. One with a good teacher can learn simpler ones in about 30 weeks, and harder ones in 80 months. One with a spectacular teacher can learn simpler ones in 30 days, and harder ones in 80 months.
>>
>>50921136
Alright. Thanks, mate.
>>
>>50921136
Fff- 80 weeks. Spectacular teacher means it takes 80 weeks to learn the harder techniques. Not 80 months, that's for good teacher.

Although the absolute hardest one takes about 100 months with a spectacular teacher, and can't be learned without one.

Of course, this is all assuming an absolute beginner. Better students learn faster.
>>
Does Fairy Tail have any good waifu's?
>>
>>50921120
>I went Angelroid.
...Did Minos use you to destroy Earth?
Also speaking of which, how hard would it be to defeat him?
>>
>>50921200
And how often is that training? Like, 60 hours a week? 100? 20?
>>
>>50921272
The book says "most of his time" so... *Shrug* Fanwank? I tend toward 10 hours a day, but that's just me being lazy when my players want to learn a new ability and with no idea of what a reasonable number would actually be.
>>
>>50921272
The majority of your time if you don't want it to take an order of magnitude longer.
>>
>>50921120

You need to learn restraint.
>>
Yellow power rings can apparently be powered solely by ambient fear, can Green Lantern rings do the same with will if the user or those around them have strong enough wills?
>>
>>50921336
iirc no
>>
>>50921120
PART 2
For the next hundreds of years I kept adding upgrades. Eating metals and stones via Sim-Ant's Earth Ant capstone which my biology augmented the Implanted Disaster.

And then we hit Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei. Part 1. here I purchased the Tri-Memory Driver, and got the Memories DRAGON. PASSION. and BLOSSOM. I appended the Tri-Memory Driver to Prometheus, thinking "hey I can activate one first, then the other." Karma Chameleon had other plans, and I found the two permanently fused together - and the three Gaia Memories permanently locked into position.

I don't know what made me do it, but I did the same with the Multi-King Driver shortly after succeeding in the Mad King scenario, and claiming the Castle Yokubrunn for my own. In these Medal Slots, purchased and a companion helping me use so that we had SOME chance of success, went the Purple Dinosaur Medals. I blacked out shortly afterward and my Companions insist I went absolutely insane and spoke in tongues for the first few minutes.

I shrugged, began operating on myself the next few jumps, and sculpted it to at least a semi-good end. My logic here is that like how Eiji's lack of desire allowed him to use the other medals, that my own could help balance myself and the Dinosaur Medals. And from here I'm not going to get into the little upgrades I made, like with Mucha Lucha's The Mask + La Mascara del Santo.

But then came along Boktai. Where I went Solar Smith + Lunar Blood. And imported this thing, now dubbed The Promethium Driver, into the Arsenal. Where it obtained a Gun Mode. And could channel Solar, Lunar, Wild Bunch, and Dark Matter energies (after I spent a few jumps experimenting and also at least one jump endlessly exploding).

Arsenal: The Promethium Driver
-Lenses:
--Sol (Free)
--Flame
--Earth
-Batteries:
--Single (Free)
--Hollow
-Frames:
--Shot - Fighter (Free)
--Sol De Vice
>>
>>50921336
Not easily. The further away from green a ring is on the spectrum, the less stable it is and therefore the easier it is to inject energy into it without a lantern battery. Powering a ring with raw willpower is possible, it's happened a few times in the comics, but it's the stuff of legend.
>>
>>50921336
The Yellow Rings being used are from the opposite universe or something, that's why they are powered by other peoples emotion instead of your own. At least that used to be the reason they worked differently.
>>
File: image.png (270KB, 356x804px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
270KB, 356x804px
>>50921221
Yes. Good daughterus too.
>>
>>50921336
Remember the time Shaggy and Scooby became Yellow Lanterns?
>>
>>50921371
Alright, so far we've got a weird elemental dragon flower thing going on. Already it's pretty crazy. Let's see where it goes from here.
>>
>>50921396
>Loli
Anon, while I do not believe that you have shit taste, she is not to mine.
>>
>>50921422
I believe that's the daughteru he's referring to, not the waifu. At least, I hope he isn't waifuing Wendy.
>>
>>50921304
>>50921317
A'ight, a'ight. Seems reasonable. Now I just need to find a good teacher without resorting to Blue Feather shenanigans...
>>
>>50921422
Is there a such thing as a non-loli daughteru?
>>
>>50921438
I suppose girls in their early teens might be daughteru-able.
>>
>>50921438
You can have an adult daughteru. She'll always be your little girl, even after she grows up. Such is parenting.
>>
>>50921380
So get ALL the willpower perks if I want to do that?
>>
Is there any way to actually die with omega self-molecular manipulation from x men movies?
In addition to the absurd shape-shifting, it sounds like it acts like omega healing factor and anomalous physiology combined.
>>
>>50921433
Oh. Okay, thats... Well, 'even better' I suppose. Still, I don't need more daughteru's.

...Okay, that was a bald faced lie. Moving on!

How bad a plan is it so summon saber, saber alter, and saber lily, all at the same time in order to waifu them?
>>
>>50921483
Sure, plenty of ways to die with it. Death magic, getting your soul ripped out, or sheer ridiculous amounts of energy sufficient to reduce you to subatomic particles are the first three that come to mind. I'm sure there are others.
>>
>>50921436
If you're willing to work for religious hypocrites, I'd suggest taking Saint, then joining the Church as an inquisitor. If not, I suggest learning Summoning, and just summoning up a skilled/powerful warrior spirit and asking the spirit to teach you. Everyone else is probably going to be busy being on the run from the inquisition and thus annoyingly difficult to find.
>>
>>50921483
Death effects, mental attacks or just enough spread out damage to vape your constituent parts
>>
>>50921483
Getting concept killed is a bit of a downer.
Getting vented into an antimatter dimension would ruin your day as well.
>>
>>50921489
Add in Nero and you'll have the Plot of Nerve Damage. Also, probably not that bad of an idea id you have enough mana.
>>
>>50921483
It's possible to die from being annihilated or having your molecules ripped apart. It's also possible to die from magical effects like death spells or other such powers.

Also, it's nowhere near Omega-level Healing Factor. There is a hard limit on how much you can regenerate from. It's not simply accelerated healing. You physically cannot regenerate from a droplet of blood because there isn't enough mass for you to possibly recover. Omega-level Healing Factor is literally breaking the laws of physics by creating matter out of nothing to regenerate your body at outrageous speed.
>>
>>50921507
Well that and just plain there only being maybe a handful of people at the skill level to have developed an Ars Magnus in each province. Even fewer once you filter out the people who don't use martial techniques, some provinces may not have anyone at all.
>>
>>50921236
Thank Heavens lol for Broken Chain. Also, Minos himself is a regular dude with a trident. It's what he controls that makes him spooky.

>>50921327
My wife agrees but SHUT UP, ANON. I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING.

I don't know what I'm doing.

>>50921371
PART 3
After this came Earth's Mightiest Heroes - The Avengers. Imported it, mostly just helped streamline it and get some power armor properties. Later upgraded with Nine-Realms Craftsman and a shit-ton of ingested Uru. The stomachache from that lasted at least a week because as it turns out, I should've enchanted it BEFORE omnomnoming.

And then came the Exalted: Mortal Heroes Gauntlet. Which, I did pretty well on. All I did was take the Simple Soul Illuminated + Silver Light Scattering Destinies, I needed to protect smiles. But... Oh fuck me I goofed. I goofed hard.

I imported The Promethium Driver to be made of Gossamer. As in the stuff of dreams and Wyld and shit.

I then imported it's Gun Mode into The Gungeon to get the Staff of Firepower's stuff, but that's less interesting. Afterwards I kept making upgrades because clearly We Need To Keep Going And See What Happens. Used the tech from Elfen Lied and then EDF 2025, things are looking up I haven't escalated any bullshit WHATSOEVER lately.

Kamen Rider Heisei Part 1. aka Kuugito. I pick up both the Seed of Light / Seed of Agito, and the Amadam which fuses itself to my nervous system and - as a result of Karma Chameleon and Spiral Power - subsequently the Amadam fuses itself to The Promethium Driver. Now lemme tell you something about Kuuga and Agito - both of them involve constant growth and evolution. Kuuga grew strong enough that theoretically he could punch Japan into the ocean. I doubled down and as we see here >>50921120 already doubled even more on Evolution bullshit on top of my existing Evolution bullshit.

It doesn't end here folks. Far from it.
>>
>>50921544
I know, but she's not arturia. And both lancer versions could be mistaken for their mother, so summoning a fourth saber/face is out.

But, personality wise. How bad?
>>
File: 1410832894185.jpg (141KB, 502x619px) Image search: [Google]
1410832894185.jpg
141KB, 502x619px
>No one being a Rider-class servant in Fate that makes use of their Kamen Rider belts

>No one going to The Gamer and using Captain N's Zapper and Power Pad

>Not using 5 jump's worth of detective skills to discover the secret of Evermore

>He hasn't determined whether it is, in fact, wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon

>His stand isn't called Jojo

What am I paying you people for?
>>
>>50921565
Heh. That too.
>>
>>50921584
I havent been to any of those jumps.

Oh, and you aren't paying me.
>>
>>50921584
>>No one being a Rider-class servant in Fate that makes use of their Kamen Rider belts
I actually did summon Takeshi Hongo as my Rider in Fate. I companioned him in Showa Part 1 just so I could import him for that pun.
>>
>>50921507
>Summoning

Actually, that reminds me that NGNL's summoning perk can summon anyone from past jumps for five minutes. Use that a few times with some learning boosters and I can bring my teachers with me, possibly in conjunction with Strategy Guide from Minish Cap. I mean, it'd probably have me reinventing the wheel, so to speak; but, hey, it's better than nothing.
>>
>>50913563
I feel like taking Got Game? and Game Maker IX to Neptunia would end up breaking something important.
>>
>>50921608
Knock off the sass or I'll slash your salary.
>>
>>50921627
Why not just get ready player one from Kid Radd?
They're an expert level tutor for basically anything you could do so you could cut out the time limit and just go ham.
>>
Guys, how can I open up the Jade Prison to let the rest of the sparks out? Or is it a bad idea altogether?

>in b4 SOLARS ARE HUGE DICKS AND WILL BLOW UP CREATION HRHGHRHRHRHRHRGH
>>
>>50921569
Part 4
Then we have... THE SKULLMAN. I didn't buy the Skullman's stuff myself, but I did purchase the entirety of the Scientist's perk tree except for the religion capstone. so Herald of Newmanity, Power Suit Designer, and SIRK Manufacturer go into this, along with studying the Ultrasonic Weaponry's blueprints.

Then I went to Parasyte and got two Parasytes but that's neither here nor there. Nor is my Rider Suit changing to accomodate my Kagune and evolutions from there in Tokyo Ghoul.

THE EVOLUTION NEVER STOPS AAAAAA

Then comes Disgaea, with the Prototype Ranger Belt and my purchasing of the capstone + capstone booster of The Unlosing Jumper. And the perk 'Item World.'

Disgaea was nice and quiet. Nice. and quiet. AND THEN COMES ALONG NEO-HEISEI PART FUCKING TWO.

I paid the little tax to add some Switch basements. Got the Flame States Switch, Medical, Chainsaw, and Aero. And... you can guess what happened here, but that's not the worst of it. NOPE. I had to go full Wizard like a dumbass. Needless to say... a WizarDriver got merged with The Promethium, and this was my Phantom.

>Phantom Customization Table
>Total Phantom Point Count: 1,600 PP
>Phantom: Cadejo
>-Type: Enslaved Phantom
>-PhantoMachine (Free) - PhantoMachine Ring
>-PhantoRise (Free - Mandatory) - CadeRise Ring
>-Mystic Liquid - Water Ring (Free) + Water Cadejo Ring
>-Last Engage - Flame Ring (Free) + Flame Cadejo Ring
>-Strength of the Earth x2 - Land Ring + Land Cadejo Ring
>-Blessed Wind x2 - Hurricane Ring + Hurricane Cadejo Ring
>-Infinite Possibility - Infinity Cadejo Ring
>-Supportive Spirit

And then I proceeded to go to the same shop Haruto hangs out at, and buy some more magic rings. And then after Neo-Heisei Part 2, was... Ultimate Spider-Man. And you know how, in the Symbiote supplement, there's that little import option?

Yeah. I fucked up again.
>>
>>50921694
It's already all the way open. The reason there are less Solars now than before is because the Deathlords and Yozis grabbed some of the sparks to turn into Abyssals and Infernals. That's where they come from.
>>
>>50921584
In order, My Sword is a much better Noble Phantasm because I actually use it, Drop in is obviously best origin, that's what delegation to my Seed AI is for, it is because monsters always end up interrupting you, Go Get Your Gun is a much better name for my Stand anyways.
>>
>>50921694
Current plan is to go to the Sidereal jump and open it there at the very end of the jump so I can peace out without consequences.
>>
>>50921592
Name Supplement
>Name: Archon
>>Hero
>Aspects
>>SORCERY
>>RULE
>>BLESS

Sort of going for a divine protector build here. Yes, I can blast but mostly it's about empowering intermediaries and working through them. I've run and built angel a few times in my chain, and that's the direction that I'd like to go in. Does the above build support that?
>>
>>50921718
Everything I've read said that the Sidereals closed it before all the sparks could get out, thus there are only a few more of them.
>>
>>50921694
It already happened?
I mean you could just go find it and blow it up, but the solars should be showing up pretty soon shortly after you enter an Exalted jump.
I think the DB one may be a little early for that though, but I'm not sure.

Either way if it's open at all it's all the way open.
They didn't just let half out. 100 turned into abyssal exaltations and 50 got turned into infernals.
You don't need to do that is what I'm saying.
>>
>>50921380
So shove Spiral Energy into it and see what happens?
>>
>>50921735
You read wrong. The Sidereals didn't even realize the Jade Prison was open until they went to check on it one day and saw that it was smashed apart. Then new Solars started Exalting. Really kind of dropped the ball on that one. But yeah, the full 150 non-tainted Solar Exaltations are all out of the Prison.
>>
>>50921686
I actually had it there, but removed it because I'm not /entirely/ sure that it would help in that regard. While Ars Magnus/Ki Techniques/etc. are theoretically all part of one power (i.e. manifestation of life energy), it's kind of fuzzy in that regard. Kind of like Charms from Exalted: They're all applications of a root power, but at the same time they're all distinct.
>>
>>50921726
That works, yes.
>>
Here's the rest of the build:

>>50921726
>>50921592
A Practicle Guide For Evil

Foundling: 23
>Turn of Destiny
>Hit Them With the Box
>Namer

Name
>Name: Archon
>Hero
>Aspects
>>SORCERY
>>RULE
>>BLESS

Drawbacks
>Overdramatic
>Rival

So like I said >>50921726, I'm mainly going to patronize heroes and heroism through the use of my Name and the Namer perk. Set up heroes to run around and do things so that they spread their legends and, by extension mine. I figure this will dovetail nicely with my various powered by worship perks and let me build up a decent power pool. Once that's more or less taken care of and I've got some semblance of a base established, then I can organize a little bit more and start to sort out the insane politics of this place.
>>
>>50921772
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>50921799
Great! Thanks for the jump.
>>
>>50921706
Part 5 - Final
Yes yes I know, I'm finally done being a dork. But...

Infernals. Exalted Infernals, the Drop-In discounted 'Belt of the Infernal Battle Armor'. I, at the time, thought I would be done with Kamen Rider, and subsequently... Well. Seeing as my belt and suit is now a Symbiote, I pretty much just fed it the Belt of the Infernal Battle Armor while feeding both Essence. It was... a struggle, due to the demons inside the Belt fighting and my Promethium Driver fighting and oh god it hurt. But it got better and I left the jump in high spirits.

Then came Metroid which...

> Power Armor Section:
>-What’s Old Is New Again (Promethium Driver)
>-Life Support x1 (Free)
>-Internal HUD (Free)
>-Varia (Free)
>-Scan Visor (Free)
>-Thruster System (Free)
>-Fusion (Godzilla)
>-Legendary
>-Speed Booster
>-Make It Yours

>Fusion makes the power armor organic. Legendary means the Power Armor is hilariously modular and customizable, and can take bits and pieces of technology to add to itself. Fuse the two together and you get this monstrous... THING. Made of Godzilla. That is also constantly evolving. And you can see where Pandora V2 here >>50921120 comes into play.

After Metroid was a headache and I wound up with an imouto. I came to Kamen Rider Kabuto, where I obtained the Spider Zecter and the Hyper Zecter, and HeavensAnon FURTHER compounded this with the free Belt import.

AND AT THE END OF IT ALL SO FAR, IS THIS. GOD DAMN BUILD. >>50920853
>>
>>50921120
>>50921371
>>50921569
>>50921706
>>50921812

This isn't restraint.

This isn't restraint at all.
>>
>>50921784
I would imagine it should work. Since Ready Player One coaches you on your abilities like masters in the field and all of those can be taught in a way.
Just like how it could presumably teach spells in a magic system.

Although now that I think about it I'm not too sure it would do that myself. I mean it looks like it, but i dunno.
>>
>>50921772
It just occurred to me that you start two full years before the the attempt on the Jade Prison in Dragonblooded, you could totally release all the untainted Solars or just steal the prison for your own purposes before the giant zombie even gets there.
>>
File: tumbling down.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
tumbling down.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>50921812
>>50921857
We tried to warn him.

I WARNED YOU ABOUT STAIRS, BRO.
>>
>>50913563
Wait. The Gamer belt can cause any disease to take monster of the week form so they can be beaten/cured, right? And Cosmic Fact makes you a canon Marvel hero, right? So go to any "normal" setting, and then when some kid with some fatal disease goes to Make a Wish with the wish to meet Kamen Rider Ex-Aid...
>You're here, you're here!
>Yes I am! I heard you were sick?
>Yeah. They said...they said I'm going to die.
>Not on my watch! GET OUT HERE, CANCER!
>*que epic beat down*
>I, I feel better! But that means...
>I heard your wish.
>>
>>50920115
>All these people 2016 killed.
>James Cameron is not only alive and well, but still making movies.
There is no justice in the world.
>>
>>50921986
...Imma do this.
>>
>>50921986
Welp, I'm now obligated to do this.
>>
>>50922013
He still has to fuck up Gunnm before his work is over.
>>
File: 1457734900997.gif (178KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1457734900997.gif
178KB, 500x411px
>>50921986
That is beautiful.

DO IT.
>>
>>50921986
This is something I have to do. It's just... it's so perfect.
>>
File: 1481182959754.gif (5MB, 575x304px) Image search: [Google]
1481182959754.gif
5MB, 575x304px
>>50922034
>Gunnm
>James Cameron

What.
>>
>>50921857
Help me.

>>50921974
Wot're you accusing me of.

>>50921986
Oh my god this is amazing.
>>
>>50922068
He wants to make a GUNM movie. He's a big fan, actually. It's been in discussion for years.
>>
>>50922040
What jumps you got, bitch?
>>
Can someone tell me the exalted jump is in chronological order so I can plan to jump it? I know Dragon-Blooded comes first, right?
>>
>>50921654
How so?
>>
>>50922101
Whatever you want. There's no "chronological order" except for each jump's release date.
>>
>>50922068
They have already started filming.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-camerons-alita-battle-angel-928822
Enjoy the despair.
>>
>>50921812
>>50922078
So, what kinds of feats can you do with that monstrosity?
>>
>>50922091
>Heaven's Lost Property
>Ed, Edd, n Eddy
>Elfen Lied
>Boktai
>Captain N
>Tales of Phantasia
>Rurouni Kenshin
>Generic Parenting Jump
>Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
>Metroid
>Kamen Rider Heisei: Kabuto
>Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 3 (Teamed up with eagerDigger)

Eventually:
>Madoka continuation jump
>Kamen Rider Ryuki
>Lyrical Nanoha Remake
>When They Cry/Umineko - Sometime when hell freezes over.
>>
>>50922124
The plot might be butchered, but it'll probably be gorgeous.
Like Avatar. Pretty, but empty.
>>
>>50922144
What order should I do the current kamen rider jumps in?
>>
>>50922114
I mean the timeline, so I know which to jump in order.
>>
>>50922101
Dragon Blooded starts earliest in the timeline for when you arrive.
They aren't really in any order though. You can tie them all together in any order you like with the continuity drawbacks.
Otherwise they're all around the same time give or take a few years.
>>
>>50922153
8, 6, 7, 5, 3, 0, 9
>>
>>50922153
I recommend chronological. Every Kamen Rider jump gives you what you need to survive most if not all things you'll run into, and it lets you form a long saga.
>>
File: tumblr_nqtbw4Pdrr1uzdakfo1_400.gif (995KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqtbw4Pdrr1uzdakfo1_400.gif
995KB, 257x194px
>>50922144
>>
>>50922164
Thanks
>>
>>50922166
>>50922168
...okay. Thats nice. But for someone who knows nothing, what order should I do them in?

(names, people!)
>>
>>50922194
>Showa Part 1 and 2
>Kamen Rider Heisei Part 1
>Kamen Rider Heisei Kabuto
>Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Parts 1-3
>>
>>50922194
Showa 1, Showa 2, Heisei 1, Kabuto, Neo Heisei 1-3.
>>
So.
All this James Cameron/GUNNM talk reminded me that Ghost in the Shell is getting a live action movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VmJcZR0Yg

And Blade Runner is getting a sequel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_JAMRKzEHs
>>
File: extra heretical.jpg (62KB, 321x433px) Image search: [Google]
extra heretical.jpg
62KB, 321x433px
>>50920377
Fabulous. You have my blessing, my child.
>>
File: tumblr_mlkq80YFMQ1s5hm6vo1_400.gif (123KB, 376x296px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlkq80YFMQ1s5hm6vo1_400.gif
123KB, 376x296px
>>50921986
This is the cutest thing!!!
>>
>>50920853
>Type-Rider (-300 Gear-Only Stipend)

Why'd you halve price this when you didn't pick the Investigator background?
>>
Guys, if you were a deity, based on your future plans/builds, what would you become?

Assuming you are already godlike, what would fall under your responsibilities? Like, Love, Magitech, Water, Magic, ect ect?
>>
>>50922131
God this shit's gonna be hard to explain because of how Kamen Rider tends to keep things vague and low-powered aside from specific events. That and because of my constant god damn evolutionary bullshit, the details I CAN give are liable to change from jump to jump.

Between the Spider Zecter and Type-Formula, my running speed is enough that time and physics don't return my calls.

With Kuuga and Agito, I'm constantly developing alt-forms their mechanic that synergize with my primary tactics and also grow stronger in their own right (see: Kuuga's punching strength and explosions alone). Which then with On The Edge Of Demise / This Is In Fact My Final Form, gets mashed into my humanoid form. I'm FAR past the "sink Japan into the ocean" threshold, and given the growth period I had in Infernals and

Wizard fucking kicked Phoenix into the sun on his own, and the Infinity bit from that is supposed to be even more bullshit than a base Wizard. Plus there's the abilities / powersets from the Gashats and Eyecons I'm gonna have to finangle something reasonable for, at least before it all starts falling apart.

With Fusion + Legendary I can integrate and remove pretty much ANY gene-splicing, augmentation, or cybernetic from it - or even just random weapon or armor - that I find or make.

Because of the gat-damn evolution it's continuously growing in power in it's own right.

and because of the Ghost Driver it's now my soul, meaning it's connected to all of my soul-power and soul empowerment and growth, e.g. Soul Eater's Cat, Tales of Demons & Gods Cultivation, Soul and Ki Power in Anima Beyond Fantasy, list just goes fucking onward. DESU I'm still trying to calculate.

>>50922477

I didn't. I used the 300 Gear Stipend to bring it down to 300 CP.

300 for that. 300 for Open Your Eyes. 300 for Humanity is Infinity. 400 for the Gamer Driver. 300 for Companion Import. and then a final 300 to kludge the three Drivers together.
>>
>>50922507
>Cheap power option
The god of gods. My purview is divinity itself.
>Actual option
Probably Magic because my jumper mainly focuses on that.
>>
>>50922546

Wow I should read more. Didn't notice the 300 Gear Stipend was even a thing.
>>
>>50922599
You're good anon. I was about to start double-checking my math.
>>
>>50922613

Finding a budget for all the shit in Neo-Heisei Part 3 is hard. Especially when I like EVERYTHING in there.
>>
>>50921801
One thing that you should be aware of is that one of the more powerful groups in the setting, The Calamities, regularly go around killing any heroes or people with the potential to be heroes. If you start creating and helping a bunch of heroes then it is likely that one of the Calamities, Assassin most likely, will torture or mindrape one of your apprentices in order to find out why there are so many new heroes and try to come after you.

Killing him/her will provoke the rest of the Calamities as well because they consider each other to be friends and would not take it kindly when someone killed one of them when they were trying to murder the source of heroes.
>>
>>50922701
>The Calamities, regularly go around killing any heroes or people with the potential to be heroes
Why?
>>
>>50921986
>>50922457

I made a dumb thing for you anon
>>
So, are Kamen Rider transformations something that actually modifies you? Can I modify them like actual armor?

Also, is there any way to change the aesthetics? I don't really dig that cheap plastic+insectoid look.
>>
>>50922713
There the Villains in the Hero Villain conflict described in the jump. They know that the Heroes have ridiculous rates of growth so they make it a point to kill any of them before they grow strong enough to be a threat. This and others reasons is where the setting gets its name "Practical Evil". Killing heroes before they become a problem is literally what Assassin does 90% of the time though Black Knight the main characters teacher is also apparently a well known hero killer as well.
>>
>>50922752
Alchemization from Sburb to combine it with something you like work more should work, especially if you have the perk.
It's okay. I make mine look like Victorian fancywear.
>>
>>50922721
Quickly someone get the "your awesome" pic
>>
>>50921986

Wait, does Cosmic Fact actually make you a canon Marvel hero?

I thought it only applied in-jump and it just retconned things so that you were always a part of the setting?
>>
>>50922768
Huh. Interesting. Thanks anon. I guess it's time to put my DCOccult Dimension to use: hero training dimension, ho!
>>
>>50922752
Take a look at the DLC for NHP2. It has an item to change the appearance.
>>
>>50922721
Original anon here, this makes me happy. Thank you, it's awesome. You're awesome.

>>50922792
It's one of the side effects. I think there's a post from MarvelAnon somewhere in the archives.
>>
>>50922752
Depends. Most of the Showa ones are either cybernetics or an alt-form due to a lot of body horror and augmentation. Kuuga and Agito are also alt-form based but after that they're all varying forms of suits and power armor except for Kiva which would also be an alt-form.
>>
>>50922752
Senran Kagura has an option that gives you a wardrobe that will let you wear skins much like a vidya. So you could be wearing full plate, get the benefits, and it looks like you're wearing a sarong and a drinking helmet.

Worst comes worst, just use that and make your skin look like something else.
>>
>>50922823
>It's one of the side effects. I think there's a post from MarvelAnon somewhere in the archives.

Well that's going to be a bitch to look through.
>>
>>50922847
Search for his name and cosmic. That should get you there.
>>
>>50922837
And Hibiki. Those are physical transformations, too.
>>
>>50922860

Is there even a well-documented /tg/ archive?
>>
>>50922884
4plebs

It crashed a while ago though, so there are missing posts.
>>
>>50922879
Oh shit that's right. I haven't watched Hibiki yet, thank you anon.
>>
Man, with all this talk of Kamen Rider, I understand how those people who are completely lost when Exalted/SMT/etc. come up.
>>
>>50922884
Here you go
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/39298055/#39301769
>>
>>50922892

Found it.

>Cosmic Fact does things out side the jump. To start with, you're an official Marvel Comics character now, which probably has fun effects in DC, Infinicon, and any world where Marvel Comics are published. Also, I've ruled before that it lets your "background" have always had all/some of your powers.

Huh. Cool.
>>
>>50922507
Smithing, magic, science, learning, self-improvement, speaking, and lewd.

But mostly it falls under the concepts of creation, manipulation, and improvement.

To keep moving forward.
>>
>>50922799
I feel compelled to point out that
A) Their influence is mostly in Praes, and there are explicitly bigger fish out there
B) heroes have been popping up more and more often as they continually defy the story
And C) their competence is incredibly unusual. Like, everyone else on team evil seems to take the very idea of being practical as anathema. Go read the quotes at the start of each chapter, they're hilarious. The Calamities are partially as terrifying as they are simply because they've basically read the evil overlords list and taken it to heart. Go anywhere else though, and you tend to get the more amusingly lunatic evil.
>>
>>50922968
How long is the novel thus far?
>>
>>50922507
Magitech, the combination of science and magic, the act of creating a story, heroism, and bonds. Also gelato.

And moths, of course.
>>
>>50922507
Honestly? I'm going with flat-out creation here. Anything less is too specific to be the case.
>>
>>50922990
2 books, 50 or so chapters each.
>>
>>50922721
Digger, would the Ready Player One entity be mad if I used Toggle to limit the connection when it's not needed? I mean, I know what it says, but it's kind of unnerving to have a mysterious being you know literally nothing about being able to hijack your mind and body at any time.
>>
File: HOLY SHIT.png (136KB, 444x456px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY SHIT.png
136KB, 444x456px
>>50922721
now that

that is badass.
>>
>>50922929
>>50922926

... When you think about it, some Marvel heroes or villains might actually be Jumpers who retconned themselves into Marvel's history with Cosmic Fact.

And we'd have no way of knowing for sure unless they say straight up in the comics that they're a Jumper.

How meta is this?
>>
>>50923024
How much time has passed in-universe between the two?
>>
File: tumblr_oi9hdxRKKa1vc68ipo1_1280.png (555KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi9hdxRKKa1vc68ipo1_1280.png
555KB, 1200x1800px
>>50922916

As one of those people, I say: Good.
Feel my fury
>>
>>50923026

He'd understand, and he agrees that he REALLY doesn't like to do it.
So toggle might work. I just put it in as a sort of "Save my ass" option in addition to it
>>
>>50923042
In before Doom.
>>
>>50923084
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>50923046
A year? Maybe?
Thread posts: 560
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.