[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ask to see player's character sheet >It's barely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Daft is not amused.gif (889KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
Daft is not amused.gif
889KB, 500x286px
>Ask to see player's character sheet
>It's barely legible. The only thing actually written down clear enough to read are the attributes, HP, and name.
>Inventory, character personality, gold, experience, etc, etc are all either scribbles or non-existent

I mean, technically it's not my business, and they're free to just do whatever on their character sheet, but do you ever just see that and wonder about them? Like, mentally? How can you play a game that requires so much information, and then just choose to ignore half of that information even if you're playing a campaign where it keeps coming up?
>>
Just because my handwriting is shit doesn't mean I'm not paying attention.
>>
File: 1475912593254.jpg (68KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475912593254.jpg
68KB, 650x800px
>>50907593
Don't worry gm.
I have everything in my head.
>>
Y'know all those things that you can't read?

They change more often than the ones you can. This means that they are constantly rubbing them out and changing them.

It's why I print out new character sheets for any character I control when they level.
>>
>>50907593
>scribbles
One man's chicken-scratch is another man's handwriting.

I have to concentrate to make sure I don't write an illegible mess whenever I'm doing reports at work, and if I want to write something down as quickly as I can, my handwriting devolves into a mess of connected loops and squiggles that pretty much no one else besides myself can understand.

What you're probably seeing is that, a hastily jotted note that the player can read just fine. Why should it matter if anyone else can read it, it's his sheet.
>>
>>50907795
This.
My character sheets always used to have scrawled notes in the margins for inventory and XP.

It is SO much easier to play games in the digital age, at least when your handwriting is illegible. Nowadays I can just type it all out in notepad, or use a program to automate it all.
It also solves the issues with rounding errors that plague maths done by hand.
Personality is never anything I write down. It's hard to express it in words, so I don't bother.
>>
File: 1479576048809.jpg (99KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479576048809.jpg
99KB, 405x600px
>>50907593
I have writing that looks like I threw up a bunch of barcodes, I do just fine.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.