[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright Tg, on a sliding scale of the Fonze to Buzz Killington

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Fonz mercinary.jpg (30KB, 240x321px) Image search: [Google]
Fonz mercinary.jpg
30KB, 240x321px
Alright Tg, on a sliding scale of the Fonze to Buzz Killington what actions has a Player or GM taken to improve or detract from the atmosphere at the table? We hear so much about "that guy", and not enough about his elusive cousin, the guy that makes roleplaying worthwhile. (As well as everyone in between)
>>
>>50900298
Sorry, but what scale are we using? Some non-retarded units, please
>>
>>50900324
How about 1 to 10?
>>
>>50900324
The Henderson Scale is pretty useful.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Henderson_Scale_of_Plot_Derailment
>>
>>50900324
You sound like a distinctively un-fun fellow.
>>50900298
My favorite as a player, and I employ this as a GM too, is to show outcomes and perspectives through a different lense when you have players with more than one campaign in the same setting. For example, I was in a campaign where at level 7 we had to retrieve a pretty mundane seeming device for this dude to get info we needed to pursue our actual bigger quest. Very polite dude, well-to-do, was a duke in a far-from-the-capital area who rewarded us handsomely on top of the information we wanted from his private correspondences. We stayed at his castle a couple times later on, and he always treated us well. The campaign completed at level nine and we retired the characters instead of going on a bigger one, and so we rolled new dudes and started again. Turns out the device we had given the dude was part of a giant magical system that said duke wanted to complete to just nuke the hell out of the capital and establish himself as king. Our party's wizard from the previous campaign, who was always less than moral and with us out of spite rather than justice, was now in the campaign as an NPC and was the one operating the doomsday device (which we all agreed he would definitely do). So I guess continuity and impact on the world that's believable rather than chosen-one kind of bullshit.
>>
I purposefully make my character the straight man in a gang of crazies.

I also purposefully go out of my way to befriend the gm in the off time and give him advice when he's ran into mechanics snags
>>
>>50902141
I'd give him a steady Kurt Smileslapper
>>
>>50900298
He spent 6 months undermining my actions (specifically) in a 2 year long game.

He screamed at pizza delivery people with no provocation.

He bought the DM nice things and took him out for free meals and beer. He tried to persuade other players outside of game that my character was evil to build support for his actions.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.