[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just bought this game. I've never played board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: c26-1589947207-1-l.jpg (68KB, 600x636px) Image search: [Google]
c26-1589947207-1-l.jpg
68KB, 600x636px
I've just bought this game. I've never played board games before beside shit like monopoly. What am i getting into? Is it money well spent?
>>
>>50895361
Now, when you bought it, why would you ask? Just try it yourself and see if you like it. If you do - it is money well spent. If you don't - ebay is an option.
>>
Game of Thrones is fun, although it's a long game, it can take a good few hours to play, longer if you've got new players.

That all being said? I've had fantastic times with it. It really captures the feeling of intrigue well, the backstabbing politics of Westeros, so as long as your friends are fans of the books or series they should enjoy it.

Helpfully there's also a full video tutorial on Youtube, which is very helpful for getting a hang of the basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0XRVTacNxI
>>
>>50895361
If you've ever played Diplomacy, the two games are very similar. The GoT version just has a few extra rules added in, which makes for a little more intricate diplomacy and intrigue, but does load up on the random elements slightly.
>>
There's one pretty shitty rule to it that is advisable to ignore in my opinion:
The instant you capture 7(?) castles you win the game.
Like that instant moment.

Really fucking garbage since it allows for no retaliation during the same turn.

So change it into
>you win the game if you hold 7 castles at the end of the round
or something
>>
>>50895361
Pretty good game. Though it does feel poorly balanced when there are 3 to 4 players. The southern territories become very easy to take for the Lannister and Baratheon.
Still extremely fun. The kind of games that break friendship upon non-stop backstabbings.
>>
>>50895361

It's nice, but Avalon Hill's Dune is better.
>>
>>50896438
Many a sneaky moves have been made in the games I've played because of this rule. It's just too much fun when you due to your opponents missing that key move which chain reacts into a massive castle grab.
>>
Fun, was my intro, when you learn the rules games will become 1.5 hour affairs but for now set aside 3-4 whilst y'all learn the rules.

You really need 6 players to play.

Randomize houses after y'all git gud or it becomes a stale meta.
>>
File: martell.jpg (499KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
martell.jpg
499KB, 1024x1024px
Martell best house.
Gotta love how tricksy their cards are. In my first game I worked out that Arianne is designed to cockblock Loras so I used her to dick over my friend's invasion of my territories. He was really pissed
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.