[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you mean, golems can't reproduce? Mine just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 42

What do you mean, golems can't reproduce?
Mine just got her egg apparently.
>>
>>50894985
Those are stones, not eggs.
>>
>>50894985
>Pokemon is named Golem
>Several gens later, literal legendary golems pop up
>Another two gens later, pokemon directly based on the Prague Golem pops up
>>
>>50894985
Do people in the Pokémon universe eat Pokémon? They're like animals right?
>>
>>50895519
There's always Slowpoke tails from G/S/C, although those were considered an immoral thing to have.

And there was the episode in the show where Team Rocket wanted to eat a Magikarp.

I think there's other examples, but apparently some are for eats. It's unclear where the line is drawn.
>>
>>50895600

There are some Pokemon which are eaten.The problem is because they are so valuable and difficult to actually kill its a rare thing.Pokemon eat each other all the time time though and its made very clear that a lot of them are predators or prey
>>
>>50895600
>>50895519
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZy2Ia0ke0
>>
>>50895600
Except in Alola where it's a "delicacy"
>>
File: IMG_7174.jpg (67KB, 1028x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7174.jpg
67KB, 1028x767px
>>50895628
>and difficult to actually kill
Why? Guns are a thing in that universe.
>>
>>50895635
Are they the most closeted vegans in existance?
Fucking farms exist in real life. Why would farming a Turos or something be any different then a a fucking Angus Cow?
>>
>>50895635
Oddish is like the vegan worst nightmare.
It's both a vegetable and an animal
>>
>>50895519
Well, that depends. Do animals that aren't pokemon exist in the setting? We know that pokemon eat each other, so humans must do to a degree unless they're all vegetarians. Even then, there'd be a point in their evolutionary history where they would've hunted and eaten pokemon.

I'm picturing a gang of hunter gatherers trying to take down a Kangaskhan.
>>
>>50895679
Liam isn't, he hunts with his father and grew up innawoods. Also only Woolie is iffy on eating intelligent animal friends in that video.

The near-human intelligence and the fact the power of friendship with your pocket monsters being one of the cornerstones of the series is the real issue when people talk about eating pokemon and why it might be weird
>>
>>50895628
Since there's no other animals shown it's reasonable to assume they're being eaten by humans, but at the same time if there actually were just ranches with normal cows or whatever in the pokemon world it's not like the games would ever have a reason to take the time to show it to us. For argument's sake you could probably name quite a few games in general with that don't feature any animals that are still implied to have them
>>
has anyone tried to do a campaign where pokemon live alongside the other fantasy races?
Would dwarves only train metal, ground and rock types?
Would elves chill with grass and fairy types?
>>
>>50895707
The bigger issue is how did humans manage to become the dominant species (or even survive in the first place) when all these superpowered creature species exist? If anything the pokemon would have eaten them.

You'd think one of the more human-like psychic pokemon species would have taken their place in the world, who combine super intellect with magical powers.
>>
>>50895628
people drink milktank milk right?

It's not that far of a leap to eat milktank meat.. right?
>>
>>50895668
Alot of pokemon would be able to shrug off gunfire easily. Also, how the fuck did people get to the development of guns without being wiped out in pre-history?
>>
>>50895769
They didn't, that's a plot point. Pokemon were on an equal footing with humans for the longest time, until pokegod came down and told them to work under humans to help keep their power in check. or some shit like that.
>>
>>50895769
... how did humans get to be the dominant species?
Pokemon reproduce via eggs which can be hatched every.. half hour or so?
The monsters have pokerus which is a viral infection that increases the monsters stat growth (although they become immune to it after)
There are pokemon who can selfdestruct and only faint..

People vs. pokemon is a very onesided battle. And I for one would like to greet our new pokeoverlords
>>
>>50895769
For the same reason we were able to fuck everything else up on a planet that has the godless killing machines that are bears and tigers.

http://youtu.be/Wz2IFuUjma8
>>
>>50895826
Bears and tigers aren't as intelligent or powerful as most pokemon
>>
>>50895769
Apricots could be used as capture devices.
Before that? Same as IRL, staying out of the way and eating dead things
>>
>>50895792
>Pokemon were on an equal footing with humans for the longest time
But that's wrong.
Humans shouldn't have been equals to pokemon in the first place.
>>
>>50895834
Are pokemon really that smart though? Pikachu is pretty clever but he's still kind of retarded. Plus, no opposable thumbs.
>>
>>50895802
Pokemon breeding in the games is so outright inconsistent with everything else that it's easier to just assume it's a pure video game convenience and doesn't really work like that. There's always been the vague concept that pokemon who work with a trainer are generally significantly stronger, but it's pretty questionable why some of the smarter ones couldn't have been just as viable for a relationship like that before humans were rocking pokeballs. Really though it's a video game first and logically consistent second. For example I'm pretty sure the first game implied that pokemon were a recent phenomenon with the museum, while every game after that has ancient pokemon that everyone knows about
>>
>>50895770
moomoo milk.
Just one sip and you’ll be hooked.
The milk is so mellow, yet rich, that it’ll
make you wish your mother were a Miltank.
-Pokemon Sun and Moon
>>
>>50895858
mewtwos pretty smart.
Alakazams have an IQ of 5k, I'd say that most psychic types are pretty smart. At least regular human level.
The ghost types also seemed sorta smart.. although they mostly want to have fun.

And since at least two pokemon have learned how to speak human (Meowth and Slowking) I*d say that we are screwed if they decide to go against us
>>
>>50895871
you see that?
Moomoo milk is natures crack!
>>
>>50895864
>it's pretty questionable why some of the smarter ones couldn't have been just as viable for a relationship
Are there any canonical examples of trainers dating a pokemon?
>>
>>50895864
>pokemon were a recent phenomenon with the museum
But that same museum had fossils of extinct pokemon that existed before humanity
>>
File: machamp_by_ronniesolano-d83pd8e.jpg (165KB, 762x1048px) Image search: [Google]
machamp_by_ronniesolano-d83pd8e.jpg
165KB, 762x1048px
>>50895858
>no opposable thumbs.
DO YOU EVEN LIFT, BRO?
>>
>>50895852
They were allowed to be, not that they earned it. I think it's a fluff piece in the X&Y games
>>
File: IMG_7175.png (53KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7175.png
53KB, 220x165px
>>50895875
We do have guns...
>>
>>50895864
Even the first game had ancient pokemon, the fossils you could bring to a scientist to revive into extinct pokemon?
>>
File: somewhat related.png (104KB, 301x250px) Image search: [Google]
somewhat related.png
104KB, 301x250px
>>50895889
>>
>>50895658
Fucking Alolan savages.
>>
>>50895783
Tamed mons. Guns are an attempt to do without.

Also maybe all the uber-destructiony pokemons have evolved (in the sense closer to REAL evolution) gradually too.
>>
>>50895904
Guns aren't much use against someone that can block bullets with their mind.

Or gigantic walking boulders.
>>
>>50895889
There was a book in Platinum that said something kind of along those lines referring to the past. I haven't watched the anime since I was like 10 during the first season, but I'm pretty sure that it would largely be looked at the same way as fucking a dog
>>
>>50895928
Gunshot is a priority move
>>
File: MEWTWO.png (2MB, 1600x842px) Image search: [Google]
MEWTWO.png
2MB, 1600x842px
>>50895904
my answer
>>
File: IMG_7176.png (33KB, 150x112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7176.png
33KB, 150x112px
>>50895928
>Or gigantic walking boulders.
>>
>>50895703
Well not really, plant mons move around and show sentience so they're clearly not for eats.
>>
>>50895933
>but I'm pretty sure that it would largely be looked at the same way as fucking a dog
I can understand that reaction to someone trying to stick their dick in their Rattata, but it doesn't seem right when it comes to the humanoid pokemon that are even smarter than people and can sometimes even communicate telepathically.
>>
>>50895945
but then what about Tropius? It grows bananas around its neck which can be eaten

"Tropius, the Fruit Pokémon. The fruit that grows around its neck is sweet and popular with children. It flies by flapping the large leaves on its body."
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>50895928
>Or gigantic walking boulders.
But Steel type is super effective against Rock
>>
>>50895943
Seems like even that would struggle to pierce the hide of a steelix
>>
>>50895955
It's kind of a catch 22. Either you're fucking a dog or you're keeping an intelligent creature as a slave (and fucking it). Either way I wouldn't bring her home to meet your parents
>>
>>50895958
Bullets aren't made out of steel
>>
>>50895938
>Bulletproof is an ability

The reason people are able to live as top dogs are: 1. Super strong pokémon that are actually dangerous are either very rare in the wild, or live far away from people. 2. Wild Pokémon are dumb as shit, and it is stated in several of the games that trained mons shit on wild ones. 3. Power of Friendship bs, both pokémon and people live better lives in conjunction with each other, people develop shit like Pokémon Centers and Rare Candies, while Pokémon provide protection and companionship.
>>
>>50895974
>what is steel jacketed rounds
>>
>>50895957
They probably have same stance on them as shearing sheep or milking cows - industrial farm full of tropiuses in pens would be making animals suffer and thus no good.
>>
>>50895974
Do you think every metal Pokémon is made out of literal steel?
>>
>>50895976
The strongest pokemon tend to only really reach that point with a trainer. A lot of fully evolved ones don't appear in the wild
>>
>>50895984
well just like in our world there is industrial and.. erm.. freeranged? Is that the right word?
LiIke tons of sheep just running around and having a blast and then getting sheered once the wool gets too thick and whatnot
>>
>>50895976
>1. Super strong pokémon that are actually dangerous are either very rare in the wild, or live far away from people.
Yeah, that's how I would define things.

Level progression from town to town in specific order is videogame shit and is thus discarded.
I would give areas of wilderness with badder mons, with some forward bases of humanity (i.e. Victory Road is a testament to Elite Four's might and the power of the challengers that they managed to build up in that area.)
>>
>>50896001
Free range, yeah.
Although by that point there's variance from vegan to vegan, i.e. whether free range is cool or if not even that.
>>
>>50895904
We have guns but if a lot of the stuff in the pokedex and other related lore is to be believed, guns would not be able to do a whole hell of a lot against at least half of the dex.

This based on their entries, what theyre made out of, and the kind of attacks theyre able to withstand in the games and anime and how those moves relate to the force of a bullet. Youd be wanting to pack AP/HP rounds (depending if youll be against a big tanky mofo or softer faster mofo) as necessity if your plan was to take on Pokemans with a gun, and even then that would only get you so far.
>>
What about if there was superpowered people in the Pokeverse because they were halfbreeds between humans and pokemon?
>>
>>50896036
That's the whole premise on a thing I'm trying to work up.
Hybrids have basically supplanted pures tho, so the question of how do humans manage to be on top becomes irrelevant - they don't.
>>
>>50896036
yeah like Crobatman
or the friendly neighbourhood Ariados-man
>>
>>50896036
Well that sounds like a shitty premise, but there are at least psychic people. There's also the various "Black Belt" trainers that at least claim to do things on par with fighting pokemon
>>
>>50896058
>>
>>50895996
Exactly my point, the anon earlier used Mewtwo and Alakazam as examples of Pokémon that are smarter than humans, despite Mewtwo being one-of-a-kind and living in seclusion, and Alakazam only existing with human involvement (trading between trainers).
>>
>>50896070
Trading between different cartridges is a game mechanic though, it doesn't represent an actual in-universe mechanic?
>>
>>50895955
How many dolphin trainers fuck dolphins, or zookeepers fuck chimps?
>>
>>50896083
More than you'd hope, less than you'd expect.
>>
>>50896080
It probably takes way too long to evolve in nature, with the radiation from the trading progress causing it to become an inmediate progress
>>
>>50896070
Don't forget that Mewtwo exists because humans created him, so he came around after humans had an established dominance
>>
>>50896070
>Mewtwo being one-of-a-kind
but good old M2 was a clone. and if you can clone something once you are bound to be able to do it again.
Especially if you have a team of alakazam scientists.
It is only a matter of time before there will be an army of mewtwos

Besides: Mewtwo was sorta like a trainer back in his first movie. Is it really that far of a stretch to think that he cloned a bunch of kadabras, got them into his pokeballs and then traded it with some random trainer that he brainwashed?

>>50896083
all
>>
>>50896083
Dolphins are sexy, but at the same time their genitals are too powerful for the human body to withstand.

The males ejaculate with the force of shotguns and the females grip so tight they will rip the skin off your dick
>>
File: IMG_7177.jpg (71KB, 736x1041px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7177.jpg
71KB, 736x1041px
>>50896083
I think the situation would be a little different with gardevoirs.
>>
>>50896080
If there were a concept behind the trade evolutions to use outside the game I think a reasonable one is "these pokemon have to train under more than one person in order to reach a greater potential".
>>
File: Brock.jpg (13KB, 418x358px) Image search: [Google]
Brock.jpg
13KB, 418x358px
>>50896108
Spoken like a true breeder
>>
>>50896092
I'd expect very few desu
>>50896118
Leave your magical realm in /vp/, or at least turn it into a more fleshed out setting.
>>
>>50895668
/k/, you're better company than /pol/, but how in the fuck are you going to kill an Onix, much less a Steelix with bullets?
>>
>>50896143
Watergun
>>
>>50895769
Because humans and Pokemon share common ancestors - the historical and mythical texts in Gen 4 are explicit about this.

It's why you see human psychics, human aura-users and fire-breathers who are doing it ALL THE DAMN TIME. These are trainers who, through their affinity with their Pokemon or some natural genetic throwback, have inherited aspects of Pokemon typeology.

That is to say, practically speaking, humans are capable of at least some superpowered Pokemon shit, it just takes the right circumstances.
>>
>>50896143
Just bring different tools for different jobs. Basically >>50896154
>>
>>50896139
You need to stop being so racist Anon
>>
>>50896154
Go find me a water gun that outputs with the power even banal squirtles had.

You'll need to be gettign closer to a firehose.
>>
>>50896158
Fire-breathers are a thing in real life, so I don't think they are superpowered like the psyks
>>
>>50896197
Considering just how weak those things are to water special attacks you really don't need to match a squirtle. Also if bullets count at steel type technically they'd be super effective against it
>>
>>50896195
I am speciesist and proud.
>>
>>50896211
Bullets are physical tho, and that sucked. Charmander metal clawing wasn't at all more effective than just fucking ember against Brock.
>>
>>50896197
it doesn't have to be a watergun..
>>
>>50896036
>half-ditto
unf
>>
>>50896222
Go play the first couple of hours of Red and Firered again
>>
>>50896222
Bullets tend to hit harder than a cat sized lizard.
>>
>>50896222
Fair point, but I think "automatic fire" has a higher BP than "bullet punch". Either way I think it's more important that there's a fighting chance here at the very least
>>
>>50896238
No, he's right in that Onix has much higher defense than special defense to the point where you're almost better off just using the resisted ember than the super effective metal claw.
>>
>>50896197
Dude, you don't need force when dealing with type effectiveness. There was an episode were Meowth defeated an Onix with a bucket of water.
>>
>>50896234
As a player of a ditto in PMD gijinka ERP, ayuuup.
>>
>>50896320
>Implying that Jessie, James and Meowth don't run off of cartoon physics rather than pokemon physics.
>>
File: IMG_1989.jpg (117KB, 780x835px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1989.jpg
117KB, 780x835px
>>50896118
>Personally, I'm convinced that most of the bipedal, suspiciously Humanoid Pokémon like Gardevoir, Lucario, Loppuny, and Jinx, only exist due to someone getting a little too attached to their best friends and Pokémon having a weird ass reproduction system that's compatible with anything inside it's egg group.
>>
>>50896205
Totally, but those guys just never stop! ALL FIRE, ALL THE TIME, MAN!

>>50896036
But.... there is no what if. That's literally exactly true. Again, gen 4's library place explicitly talks about humans and Pokemon marrying/breeding in the distant past. Modern poke-humanity ARE hybrids.
>>
>>50895519
They've admitted to eating Farfetch'd
>>
>>50896344
>cartoon physics
orly anon?
>>
>>50896360
Gardevoir is specifically not in the humanoid egg group, but rather in the same one that ghosts and shit like that have. I'm pretty sure they're just a bunch of floating ribbons that look like ladies
>>
>>50896344
And Ash abused the sprinkle system of the gym to fuck up Brock's Onix
>>
>>50896266
160 Def with 50 damage *2 so 100/160= 0.625
45 SpDef with 40 damage/2=>20/45=0.44444444
I didn't look up charmanders stats and didn't use the actual damage formula, feel free to do so, but then it's less about the moves
>>
>>50896400
You forgot STAB on ember, but there is also the chance metal claw might proc the attack boost if you last more than a turn with it using rock throw. Either way I said "almost"
>>
>>50896400
60 special atk vs 52 physical tho.

And yeah, STAB is a big un.
>>
>>50896417
>metal claw might proc the attack boost
By the same token, it can get burned and loose in power.
>>
>>50896417
Oh and also there's a very small chance of burn on embers end and blaze also has a very real chance of applying in that fight.
>>
>>50895502
Its almost as if the English names are not the original design documents.
>>
>>50896442
0 SpA Charmander Ember vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Onix: 5-6 (13.1 - 15.7%) -- possible 7HKO

0 Atk Charmander Metal Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Onix: 6-8 (15.7 - 21%) -- possible 5HKO

Metal Claw is better unless you're really unlucky. (95% acc)
>>
>>50896397
Am I the only one who thinks Nintendo created Soak specifically to justify that bit nonsense?
>>
>>50896417
>>50896423
Stab puts it at a little over then, I think.
Was the Gen one fight just harder cause stats were different (no SpDef yet)?
>>
>>50896222
>Charmander metal clawing

You mean fucking Scratch? The Normal type move?

What is this fucking "metal claw" bullshit? And why is your music so loud? My back hurts. Where are my glasses? I'm tired. Get out of my yard.
>>
>>50896522
It was harder because Metal Claw isn't a move in gen 1. In gen 3 Metal Claw hits harder. See
>>50896487
>>
>>50895519
Yes, it's just glossed over. Pokemon in the games toe an undefined line of intelligence aside from a handful of psychic types. Pokemon eat Pokemon too, quite handedly at that, but the games are unwilling to really delve into these topics aside from recent lore entries. That's fair though, because kid's game.

>>50896118
>Amorphous Egg Group
Unless you're actually a flying naval mine or an animate chandelier there's not even remotely matching parts. It's very likely it'd be banned just to avoid abuse of the Pokemon.

>>50895628
>difficult
It's not difficult. Egoraptor actually had a point.

>"... I need NOURISHMENT. Tauros meat, or something."
>We don't kill Pokemon-
>"WE do! We do it FOR you you fucking assholes!"
>>
>>50896522
I have no intention of checking the stats, but if I remember right if anything I think it was hurt more by ember back then. You might have been more dependent on a nidoran with double kick or manky or just a butterfree with confusion back then, but I usually was over leveled enough without really trying that it was easy enough with charmander and ember
>>
File: IMG_1886.jpg (81KB, 634x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1886.jpg
81KB, 634x900px
>>50896360
>That Pic
Well you know what they say. It's not rape if it's an elf, no exceptions. And Gardervoir is pretty much the Pokémon equivalent of an elf.
>>
File: KoolKid.jpg (161KB, 1300x1390px) Image search: [Google]
KoolKid.jpg
161KB, 1300x1390px
>>50896535
MC? That was way back in Gen 3 gramps, get with the times! The cool kids are playing Gen 7 now.
>>
>>50895875
>IQ of 5k
>Mandatory reminder that IQ doesn't work like that.
>>
>>50896601
Mandatory reminder that you don't decide how Pokemon work.
>>
>>50896036
My headcanon as a child was that Jennys and Joys were a mid-point between pokemon and human evolution, to human to be declared a pokemon but certain traits remained like the shared resemblance and why they all seem to fall into the same careers.
>>
File: IMG_1881.png (134KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1881.png
134KB, 800x450px
>>50896610
Holy shit, that actually makes sense.

But what are they hybrids of?
>>
>>50896625
Joys are obviously chancey-related.

Jennys tho...
>>
golem is described as tanking point blank dynamite explosions without a care in the world

to take one of them down you're going to need heavy duty anti-tank weapon, and golem isn't even near the strongest defensive 'mon
>>
>>50896638
>believing pokedex entries
cuck

Also, humans in Pokeverse are also superhuman. Remember, Ash the 10-year-old has near-infinite strength and Lillie the frail little waif carries around 9,999 pounds like nothing.
>>
>>50896397
>I'll use my Catapult Turtle to throw my-
>Wait, what do you mean wrong show?
>>
>>50896638
That makes perfect sense in the context of the game since a golem could probably shrug off something using explosion between its type and high defense. It doesn't really make it any more capable of taking a bucket of water though. Things would just be fought differently
>>
>>50896666
oh shit quads, check them you motherfuckers, confirmed canon
>>
>>50896638
Or just sprinkle water on it.
>>
/traditional games/
>>
>>50896666
>Anime characters are OP

Also you got those weights from the Pokedex fampai, which are even more bullshit than the entries themselves.
>>
>>50896666
cosmog line manipulates gravity to fly
she's not lugging around anything
>>
>>50896625
I never developed the idea much as a child. Just that they were these halfway types.
I suppose like >>50896632 said, Joys could be related to Chancey and other fairy types.
>>
>>50896693
Hey, if you take the entries seriously, take the rest too, no halfsies.
>>
>>50896696
She would have to lug it MAKE IT STAY IN THE FUCKING BAG
>>
>>50896692
We're obviously discussing the TCG universe, nigga.
>>
>>50896700
I'm a third party, I think the whole Dex is dumb bullshit and will argue that until the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>50896668
still, there's plenty of pokemon out there that are vastly more dangerous than any living creature in our world and would have been virtually impossible to deal with for a neolithic tribe

I mean really, do you think most tribes would have enough ice lying around to deal with a garchomp raid?
>>
>>50896713
the existence of /vp/ means all tcg discussion belongs on it's containment board.
>>
>>50896703
that could have been a fun joke for cosmoem

it just turns off its gravity and sits there out in the open with lillie futily trying to shove it into the bag
>>
>>50896719
Garchomp are incredibly rare. You never find any in the wild in any of the games, so it's not that much of a danger.
>>
>>50896725
The Existence of /lgbt/ means all faggotry such as your post belong on it's containment board.
>>
>>50896733
>she just hangs the bag on it upside down and tries to look nonchalant.
>>
>>50896566
>or manky

no Mankey before Mt. Moon, Butterfree with Stun Spore and Confusion was a solid choice though
>>
>>50896738
alright how about a gyarados
there's no way they'll be able to generate electricity to abuse its weakness and its more than strong enough to tank a few rocks despite its moderate weakness to those

meanwhile any human getting near them is fucked
>>
>>50896771
There's mankey by the path to victory road near that optional fight with Blue. The only reason you couldn't get a mankey would be if you had blue version or something
>>
>>50896783
>how about a gyarados
Still very rare and live in water?
>>
>>50896796
not particularly rare given how common magikarp are and they fly
>>
>>50896783
Again, how common do you think it is for your average wild magikarp to evolve into A Gyarados when they can only splash about? Pretty damn rare I'd say.

A lot of the big, bad, scary Pokémon that would be a threat are incredibly rare and the only reason they are as common as they are in the modern Pokémon world is due to the power of friendship helping them advance to that point.
>>
>>50896809
magikarps don't fly. They leap
>>
>>50896810
any ghost type what so ever would be virtually impossible to deal with for tribal humans and there's many among them that are reasonably common
can't stab or shoot the damn things and they're generally willing to seek out humans to fuck with them
>>
>>50896789
Mankey only appears in that area (route 22) in Yellow version.
>>
>>50896809
What makes you think any more than an absolutely tiny fraction of Magikarp evolve in the wild?
>>
>>50896829
Shooting could delectably work depending on the details of how you do it, but torches are also a thing. There's also psychic humans which could mean quite a few things
>>
>>50896852
torches aren't especially effective against ghosts though, they're not weak to fire
>>
>>50896829
Then they'll do what a person would do if they found a ghost In real life, which is make like a tree, and leave. Ghost types aren't Warhammer Tomb Kangz and there's no reason to suspect that they wouldn't act like regular ghosts and stay in their own territory. Heck, some ghosts might even be helpful and work with shaman like figures in these tribes.
>>
File: lampent_by_coldfire0007-d89odu9.png (2MB, 2200x2300px) Image search: [Google]
lampent_by_coldfire0007-d89odu9.png
2MB, 2200x2300px
>>50896829
And by "fuck with them", he means several ghost-types are outright malevolent and will attempt to kill humans for fun, especially if you think the Pokedex entries are legit.

Pokemon world is a pretty terrifying place outside of gameplay. It's a shame Game Freak are never gonna explore the dark side of their own setting, it's deliciously grim with the right reading.
>>
I do wonder how exactly you manage to make primitive towns when the average rat can destroy a house within an hour
>>
>>50896870
Better than 0x
>>
Magcargo's dex entry invalidates any attempt of rationalizing the pokeverse.

I don't care what kind of rock makes up it's shell, it can't insulate the heat of two suns.
>>
>>50896955
Teleportation exists, and so does other space-time fuckery. All Magcargo has to do is warp reality so it becomes a perfect insulator.
>>
>>50896955
>he doesn't know Pokemon can literally do magic
Magcargo learns 5 psychic-type moves. It's using pyrokinesis to insulate itself.
>>
>>50897006
Then why doesn't it nuke the side of the earth it's on when it dies?

>>50896990
It doesn't get Metronome, so where the fuck is it getting reality warping from?
>>
>>50897059
From being a Pokemon? Balls of gas can't spontaneously gain life as spectral abominations under any known science, but it doesn't stop Lavender Town being full of the things.

Pokescience is pokescience man.
>>
File: IMG_1985.png (739KB, 660x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1985.png
739KB, 660x452px
>>50896360
>Overly-attached Gardevoir trying to initiate sexy-times with her trainer

Stop anon, my penis can only get so erect.
>>
>>50896080

There are machines that transfer Pokemon between trainers during trades in game and in the show. It's why you don't just swap Pokeballs.

Then since Pokemon runs on superhero logic, something went wrong/right with the machine transfer and you get up with weirdos like Machamp and Alakazam. The whole Porygon line in particular is based around exploiting this process.
>>
>>50896154
Solid kek
>>
>>50897486
Clearly, Pokemon are digital beings in the real world.
>>
>>50897537
>inb4 some one brings up that that's Digimon and starts a whole "Pokémon vs. Digimon" shitstorm.
>>
>>50895519
In rare cases. Paras mushrooms and Miltank milk are consumed.

But there's non-Pokemon animals too.

They never really explained it.
>>
>>50897565
Digimon are real people in a digital world (except for that part with myotismon and possibly tons of the ones I didn't watch as a kid)
>>
>>50897565
Digimon is the MMORPG they play when they're in the computer
>>
>>50895679
Pokemon seem a lot smarter than plain animals.
>>
>>50897574
Isn't it also heavily implied in-universe that Pokemon are a fairly recent discovery?
>>
>>50895519
Isn't there a balloon Pokemon that kidnaps and murders children?

I feel like if that's okay then eating a Magikarp would be okay.
>>
>>50897329
>>50896360
Gardevoir (male)
>>
>>50897329
/trash/ had a long running femHypno thread with damn fine writefags.
>>
>>50897643
Anon, people send their children out at age 10 to become professional hunters/cockfighters with no support except for being given a start monster, they don't give a fuck about their kid's lives.
>>
>>50897616

Pretty much the exact opposite. There were ancient civilizations that were fucking around with Pokemon years ago, and dozens of extinct Pokemon from ye olde dinosaur times.
>>
>>50897616
No, but the study of them is. Depending on comics, game, or cartoon canon humans have had a super science explosion at the same time that they first started the renaissance/age of exploration style scientific research into plants and animals.

Basically Pokedex entries are written by alchemists and adventurers. Which is why they can be chocked up to bullshit a lot.
>>
>>50897643
A different ghost literally is dead children.
>>
>>50896667
It's a railguns, get it right.
>>
>>50897786
>"ALLAHU AKBAR!"
>>
>>50897786
Whats the point of those useless little stubs?
>>
>>50897675
Dammit, I'm sad I missed that. Is there anyway to find it or is it gone forever now?
>>
>>50897811
Probably just not evolved out yet, so they still have vestigal arms.
>>
>>50897851
Try making a new one then asking for the story.

I screencapped the biggest story about a guy who's childhood was really a Drowzee playing games with him and her as a Hypno seducing him as an adult after using hypnosis to bring him to an abandoned barn she used as a manor then them deciding to be a Pokemon professor and assistant, but its somewhere on a drive.
>>
>>50895600
In G/S/C Slowpoke tail was immoral to eat, but a desirable, expensive commodity all the same.

In X/Y, you can actually be served cooked slowpoke tail at a battle restaurant. Your character eats it without comment.

In Alola, slowpoke tails are on the menu, but some people harvest them illegally. Maybe it's like kosher beef?
>>
>>50896516
It wouldn't be the first time the anime influenced the games.

Remember how Rhyhorn gained "lightning rod" as an ability after they defeated one using thunderbolt.
>>
>>50897942
Hunting vs Poaching I imagine
>>
I read the entire conversation, and I'm disappointed in you lot. It's canon that humans can learn and use pokemon moves, see FR/LG and the Dream Eater move tutor. He learned Dream Eater when he had a dream about Drowzee eating his dream, and asks you to let him teach it to one of your pokemon so he can forget it. There are also a few cases of NPCs talking about themselves using some attack or another, usually fighters referencing fighting-type moves or psychics with psychic moves. It's uncommon, but not terribly rare.

This implies that humans have limited access to pokemon abilities, and make up the difference with tech and trained pokemon. The ancient civilizations in the games took it a few steps further and created artificial pokemon wholesale, such as Baltoy/Claydol, the Golurk line, that weird psychic/flying desert bird, and apparently had some connection to legendary-tier shit like the Regi trio (which apparently weren't one-ofs, just rare guardian golems). Humans were more than capable of defending themselves, to the point that they even sealed a few of their more powerful creations away out of fear that they'd do more harm than good. If anything, modern humans probably took a step down if Porygon is the best they could come up with.
>>
>>50899838
I didn't keep playing pokemon after they sold out, fagort
>>
>>50899933
That would have to mean you stopped at R/B/Y, then, because that all started in classic G/S/C.
>>
>>50899838
>If anything, modern humans probably took a step down if Porygon is the best they could come up with.
The gen 7 games have a multinational corporation that is studying Arceus to make one of their own.
They succeed
>>
>>50900008
They considered the resulting pokemon a failure, since it had too much power and frequently went berserk. The problem was fixed with special helmets, but this also prevented the pokemon from using the abilities it was made for in the first place. Only a very skilled trainer could make it work, and those are pretty rare.
>>
>>50900081
And from that description, I just realised that Type:Null is basically a failed EVA unit,
>>
>>50900113
Yeah, but it's one that the power of friendship is capable of fixing. It only evolves with high happiness and that evolution is basically just tearing off its power limiter. Also,

>RKS system
>Arceus system

This had potential and sad they didn't utilize it.
>>
>>50900383
At least we have an official pronunciation of "Arceus" now.
>>
>>50897675
>>50897851
>>50897933

I believe I have found the thread you guys were talking about. Posting link if anyone else wants to see.

https://desuarchive.org/trash/thread/6579465/#6598486
>>
>>50895996
>A lot of fully evolved ones don't appear in the wild
Reminder that a ton of "fully evolved" pokemon are just mutated freaks.
Weepinbell is the actual adult form of Bellsprout. Victreebell is what happens when you feed it a specific rock.
>>
>>50897486
Man, Porygon is so fucking cool.

A company made an artificial Pokemon, but it was the 90s so it was a low-res, low-poly-count blocky pink and blue bird(?) that couldn't even fly.

Then they came out with a software patch that included a graphics overhaul - now it's all shiny, round and smooth.

Then some idiot decides to mod it for interdimensional travel and ends up with a buggy mess.
>>
>>50896001
>>50895984
Not to mention sheep fucking love getting sheared.

If you've ever gotten your hair sheared off right to the scalp, you know the feeling.
>>
>>50895739
Yeah well Woolie also shot a guy who was threatening a cop who had attacked him and had already justify it before the Zaibatsu reminded him of what was going on
>>
>>50901202
>some pokemon are computer graphics made real

Nowadays we'd be drowning in almost-chicks. And knowing the video game industry, they would constantly demand money to actually make anything happen.
>>
>>50896362
That would explain the anime-levels of human durability.
>>
>>50900759
Nope, the Japanese version calls it the "RC System", meaning a soft C instead of a hard C. There are still multiple official pronunciations.
>>
>>50895974
Milsurp ones are. It penetrates better than lead and its cheaper as well.
>>
>>50901682
Enjoy your ruined gun barrels.
>>
>>50895783

Pokemon training, of course. Guns were probably developed as a tool to help signaling in the PokeVerse before anyone ever thought about using them as a weapon, until they were attacked by a raticate or something and shot it into a panic, and it turns out that they're a fairly useful thing to have. I mean, Genosect is top-tier, and it was upgraded by strapping a big-ass gun to its back, so you can't say they're ineffective.
>>
>>50896557

Reminder that Yamask is one of the Pokemon closest related to humans, and it's squarely in the Amorphous egg group.
>>
>>50901782
The jacket is there for a reason.
>>
>>50901837
>Guns were probably developed as a tool to help signaling in the PokeVerse before anyone ever thought about using them as a weapon
Or maybe someone just looked at a Blastoise and said "FUCK those are cool, imma make my own."
>>
>>50894985
>2016
>Still liking Golem
>>
>>50897942
I feel like it's a matter of sustainable practices. Slowpoke tails are stated to grow back after being plucked, and not being painful to pull off, so it's more to do with how Team Rocket/Skull were being excessively cruel to the Slowpoke and just pulling off the tails for short term profit rather than responsible agriculture.
>>
>>50901837
To be fair, Genosect's gun is powered by whatever nonsensium fuels pokemon attacks, so it's probably somewhat more effective than normal.

People overestimate the power of guns, though. If an angry mother bear is charging at you, a shotgun to the face will not kill it. You might not even draw blood. If you're very, very lucky, it might distract it enough for you to get a head start so the bear is less inclined to chase you. You'd need a larger caliber pistol for a fatal shot, but shooting an angry mountain of muscle precisely through the brain or heart in one go is difficult, and you don't get a second chance. Bears aren't even the most dangerous, surprisingly, because stuff like fully grown boars have foreheads thick enough to stop bullets outright and elk can take a car full on and walk away while the car is left as a wreck. That's part of why hunting large game was considered such a high sport, because adult wild animals are actually really dangerous.

Humans survived all that with civilization. Walled, fortified settlements and agriculture go a long way to ensuring the survival of your species, especially when you're the only species doing it. That dangerous bear may be able to turn a human into a broken sack of bones one on one, but it'll quickly learn to stay away from human settlements who'll just pincushion it with spears and arrows from perfect safety. It doesn't matter how many or how dangerous they are, numbers and organization beats out a single enemy every time.

>>50901859
S/M pokedex says Gengar are the ghosts of humans, and that they kill humans because they're lonely and want company.

Come to think of it, would ghost pokemon being former humans make them possible allies? Apparently, even most pokemon will avoid haunted places.
>>
>>50897537
They kind of are. The way you store them in the games has always been converting them into data. Either pokemon is some crazy tech singularity world or there's something about pokemon that allows them to easily be turned into something you can store in a computer
>>50899933
Pokemon was made to sell out. I remember shit like Pokemon Live, pokemon toys at KFC, pokemon cereal, and all sorts of other shit when it was new.
>>
>>50902030
>Pokemon was made to sell out
God, yes. Does no one remember the original commercials for the games, toys, and everything else?

>pokemon's opening strategy was to sell two games that were identical except for a small number of arbitrarily exclusive creatures
>then encourage people to either buy the same game twice, or convince (recruit) their friends to buy the other version
>this worked so well the company made a third copy of the same game with minor adjustments to make it resemble the anime, then repeated the tactic for twenty years

Even the greediest companies don't go that far with their merchandising. Game Freak had a TV series, comic, collectible toys, trading card game, McDonald's toys, movies, spin-off games, and more before gen 2 came out, and that was after selling the same game as three different games. And they targeted kids, who are so used to it by now they don't even think anything of buying gens 1, 2, and 3 five different times each, and are still planning to do it again when GF re-releases an update of a previous game they've already sold to them multiple times.
>>
>>50899838
So which moves can humans learn? What type are humans? I'd say they can learn Normal, Fighting and Dark.
>>
>>50895658
Slowpoke tails grow back, though.
>>
File: Gon.png (208KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
Gon.png
208KB, 500x437px
>>50899838

For your information, Porygon2, Genosect, and Porygon-Z are all capable of going toe to toe with legendary monsters and winning, and they're mass-producable, with two of the three of them not even requiring food to function.
>>
>>50903613
>Normal, Fighting and Dark.
Sounds good. And they're Normal-type for sure.
>>
>>50901995
>gengar are ghosts of humans
So are ghastly and haunter also the ghosts of humans?
>>
>>50903771
No, they're just animate gas clouds.
Haunter evolves by smothering someone to death within their body. "Trading" is a euphemism. The human's soul is sucker out into the resulting Gengar while the Haunter steals their ticket to the afterlife.
>>
>>50903958
Holy fuck
>>
>>50903613
I doubt I remember everything, but of what I do remember the attack types are always normal, fighting, or psychic. I don't remember any dark type attacks being mentioned, but that could just be GF not wanting to connect the dark type to human crime so directly.

If the attacks have any bearing on a possible type for humans, they're probably one of, or some combination of, normal, fighting, and/or psychic. I don't want to completely rule out a dark type, but I'm not remembering anything in the game that would suggest it. Types might also differ depending on the individual. This is assuming humans have types at all, though, and it's possible they just don't.

>>50903678
Genosect is not purely of human design, it was modified from an extinct pokemon, and the modification was to put a big gun on it.

I'll give you the Porygon line, on second thought. In Porygon 2's case there's the question of whether GF knew Eviolite would make it as powerful as it did, but P2 is still a pokemon designed to explore other planets (S/M dex) so that'd put it leagues above an animated clay doll. P-Z takes the cake, though, and I'd forgotten it has base 135 or some-odd special attack.

>>50903771
If Gengar is, I'd assume its pre-evos are? Nothing in their dex entries outright denies it, at least. It's awfully specific on how they kill people, though, and the whole line is just malicious as all hell. Ghastly kills by enveloping you in its gas cloud, Haunter by licking people (which steals their life force and kills them several days later while giving them endless shakes), and Gengar just outright curses people and sometimes steals life energy while hiding in your shadow.
>>
>>50903678
Porygon can reproduce, strangely enough, if you have a Ditto.
Which brings up the question: How can Dittos transform into a pokemon that is more computer data than actual pokemon? And how does the ensuing reproductive process work? And, assuming the eggs are not some sort of game abstraction, how do computer data Porygons hatch out of physical eggs?
How does Porygon interact at all with the world outside of electronics?
>>
>>50904145
I think the better question is who programmed a fully functional sexual reproduction application into a Porygon.
>>
>>50904145
Massive photonic molecules. Porygon simply manipulates magnetic fields to reconstruct a body out of ambient light when it wants to leave a device, loads a copy of its mind onto it, then deletes itself.
>>
>>50904201
>Hey Dave, check it out! I gave the duck a penis!
>Great, Steve. How are you going to explain it to the project lead?
>I'll just spin some stupid spiel about the necessity of emulating reproduction if we are to create a living thing.
>Right. Well, when you get forced to make it functional, I am not helping.
>>
>>50904145
Ditto can fuck anything. Living or dead, gender or no, discernible biology or not, even species that have one gender but not the other. Somehow, Ditto turns into a male Chansey or a female Tauros. Somehow, it has sex with a literal pile of interlocking gears. Somehow, it creates viable offspring with undead plasma.

It's never explained. Never even commented on, either. I like to think Ditto just turns into something that would be able to reproduce with the pokemon instead of becoming an exact copy of them (like having opposite genitals, or may just a copy/paste program for Porygon), but that's only my headcanon.

>>50904223
It could just be the same thing going on with fish pokemon. In battle, fish are shown swimming around in the air, even though they obviously can't do that. They use animations and attacks as if they were in their natural environment. If you're in water, land-based pokemon stand on its surface. If you're in the air, everyone just floats. Could be that Porygon is shown as if it were inside a computer, fighting its battles from there?
>>
File: Assembly_Line.png (101KB, 565x547px) Image search: [Google]
Assembly_Line.png
101KB, 565x547px
>>50903678

This isn't an expression; the manga shows that Porygon are literally produced on a factory assembly line, which leads to the question as to why quality control on them is so shoddy? Ideally, every Porygon should have perfect 31 IVs and a nature range of Calm/Bold*/Quiet/Timid/Modest to make the most of their combat capabilities. An entire line of Pokemon whose every individual is flawless and perfectly constructed for their role.

*Bold Porygon2s are obsolete as of Sun and Moon from a chronological perspective, and would exist as historical curiosities.
>>
>>50904433
Accumulation of errors, bad code, and viruses over time? Kind of like how you first install a browser onto your computer, and over time it slowly becomes less efficient as you add weird shit to it, click on the wrong add, or just give it personal touches.
>>
>>50896392
Also a lamprey.
>>
File: 1300223070729.jpg (38KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1300223070729.jpg
38KB, 800x600px
>>50904433
>Ideally, every Porygon should have perfect 31 IVs and a nature range of Calm/Bold*/Quiet/Timid/Modest to make the most of their combat capabilities. An entire line of Pokemon whose every individual is flawless and perfectly constructed for their role.
Because they're an experiment in creating artificial life and sentience, not fucking military drones.
>>
>>50904433
>Bold Porygon2s are obsolete as of Sun and Moon
Why? Are there just better physical tanks?

I suspect the quality issues is part of the method of distribution of Porygons in game.
>Game Corner prize
>Rich person's backyard
>Gifted by NPCs
Probably not official channels, at any rate
>>
>>50895864
> but it's pretty questionable why some of the smarter ones couldn't have been just as viable for a relationship like that before humans were rocking pokeballs
Isn't that literally Ash's Pikachu? That thing hasn't been anywhere near a ball since episode 2.
>>
>>50904643

Bold relied on increasing Porygon2's physical defense to make it more survivable against physical threats, notable for being the quintessential "Defensive Duck" set. As new Pokemon were encountered and existing targets, such as Salamence and Garchomp strengthened, increasing offensive power to defeat them before they had a chance to land multiple blows on Porygon2 became priority over raw defensive power, hence no existing sets in S/M use the DeDu standard. Porygon2s from earlier eras were retroactively upgraded to better use evolite in Gen V, but this was more often than not a measure to continue finding use in existing units and they seldom saw service in standard, phased out for Calm P2s completely by X/Y.

If Mewtwo thinks it has it rough for being a lone specimen, at least it doesn't have to deal with the possibility of being cast aside and replaced like a tool.
>>
>>50895769
>>50895802

Perhaps the humans are:
>Resistant or immune to psychic abilities
>have excellent charisma, which makes them get along with many species. Other sapient pokemon like Alakazam are no-so likable or sociable
>more robust, sturdy, and powerful physically than real-life humans
>divine favorability

>>50895875

Take the Pokedex with a cubic meter of halite. >Magcargo is as hot as the surface of the sun, and yet neither its body or everything on the continent has evaporated.
>Emboar can't learn Fire Punch until ORAS via special move tutor (not move reminder), even though the Dex mentions that it can throw fire punches this way.
>Smoke Balls, Pokemon with Run Away, Whirlwind, and Roar can help you escape Gengar without even hurting it.
>Pokedex entries are probably written by 10 year olds who don't know anything except shit from myths, rumors, and cautionary tales. Rotomdex is probably making it up as it goes along as well for gits and shiggles.
>>
>>50905192
What kind of porygon would mewtwo make?
>>
File: 1479228072891.jpg (16KB, 199x191px) Image search: [Google]
1479228072891.jpg
16KB, 199x191px
>Garchomp is described as being able to fly
>Doesn't learn fly
>Come SM datamined running animations shows it flying
>>
>>50895519
More importantly, does petplay in the Pokemon universe involve saying your own name like an idiot?
>>
>>50905319
Type:Null
>>
>>50906043
Only some of them do that, but I wouldn't rule it out
>>
>>50895769
They min-maxed into VIT, MEN, and INT, developed capture technology/methodology to train and use pokemon for their own devices, and then developed methodology to make domesticated pokemon far stronger than wild pokemon (hence why wild Pokemon start with 0 EVs in all stats, I imagine, if you wanted an in-game explanation).

Once humans figured out how to domesticate pokemon, it was all downhill from there, I imagine.

Logically, life must have been pretty shit for humans before that point (though Pokemon in general seem pretty docile), but I can imagine the timeline going something like this:

Genetic divergence between hummans and pokemon > Humans cling to life with primitive technology for some time > Humans succeed in the domestication of pokemon which act as tools and guardians > Humans, now safe, technologically advance rapidly > Methodology on how to maximize use of Pokemon for the betterment of human society is developed, allowing humans to take the status of dominant species > Pokeballs, Pokemon Centers, Police forces armed with strong 'mons, mass-produced healing items, etc. all developed, cementing humans as the top of the food chain > The present.
>>
>>50900841
Thank you kindly Anon.
>>
>>50896143
35mm +P+ DU or SAPHEI/HEIAP/APSE into a joint should do the trick. Speaking of joints, R.I.P. shoulder
>>50895783
If the above doesn't work, just shoot it again. And again. Bring 3 or 4 guys.
>>
>>50904433
1) Porygon data is possibly obtained through genetic algorithms. Since it also has to include DRM, the solution isn't always perfectly optimized.
2) The maker's intended them at first for use in virtual environments, then upgraded for exploration of space and even later on alternate dimensions. These might have needed different natures, and Porygon's for battling purposes came after they realized they were good at competitive battling.
>>
>>50905263
There's a in universe explanation for the the pokedex being crazy, it's that you as the player character is ten years old and are just filling the Dex with here-say or shit you made up.
>>
>>50905263
>>50906804
Shit, I replied without reading completely. I just wanted to be included....
>>
>>50904052
A human using Dark moves doesn't need to be a criminal, in the same way that Umbreon isn't Evil Eevee.

The Dark type moveset is typified by deceit, backstabbing, and plain old dirty fighting. Nasty Plot, Sucker Punch, Assurance, Bite, Fake Tears, Feint Attack, Flatter, Foul Play, Thief, Taunt - these are either the tactics of a villain or a dishonorable hero. You knock this guy down, but then he uses the opportunity to throw dirt in your eyes. Nothing like the honorable heroes that are the Fighting type, who are of course the natural predators of Dark types.

Wolverine is a Dark type. Cyclops is a Fighting type. Cyclops always, always, always beats Wolverine.
>>
>>50904433
>why aren't all porygon fucking broken
Because they're a corporate product. Wouldn't fit in the bottom line
>>
>>50906804
>in universe explanation

Where exactly?
>>
File: 1480984589704.jpg (1MB, 891x5060px) Image search: [Google]
1480984589704.jpg
1MB, 891x5060px
>>50907127
All I recall is that after professors give you the Pokedex they usually tell you that it's an encyclopedia that updates information on Pokemon you catch by itself. There's no other canon explanation on how the entries are written.

The "written by ten year olds" thing is a complete fabrication as far as I can tell; as much sense as it might make given all the straight up folklore included, it's just a very enduring and widespread headcanon.
>>
File: IMG_1809.jpg (92KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1809.jpg
92KB, 500x705px
>>50907231
> Latias Literally has "REEEEEEEEE" as it's warcry
>>
File: 1468225111494.jpg (20KB, 470x362px) Image search: [Google]
1468225111494.jpg
20KB, 470x362px
>>50907231
haha what
>>
File: guzma_thumbs_up.png (229KB, 474x493px) Image search: [Google]
guzma_thumbs_up.png
229KB, 474x493px
>>50907231
Where is that information coming from?

>>The Thread
I'm glad I have you, /tg/. Half of /vp/ is full of waifufags, lolicons, furries, and PokeTuber bullshit. I can't even satisfy my Mystery Dungeon crave there because every thread made either dies or is a circlejerk on the (awesome) music.
>>
>>50895769
This always bothered me. Why don't Pokemon like Alakazam, Machamp, or Lucario become Pokemon trainers? I'd play a game featuring a Pokemon main character in a human world.
>>
File: Dolphins rape.gif (1MB, 278x199px) Image search: [Google]
Dolphins rape.gif
1MB, 278x199px
>>50896083
>How many dolphin trainers fuck dolphins,
Tons.
Dolphins are sexual predators.
>>
>>50907427
It's not like the mystery dungeon threads have much luck here anon.
>>
>>50907452
In-universe explanation is that pokemon simply don't know how to use human made items. You can give it a pokeball, teach it Fling, and have it toss the pokeball at another pokemon, but the ball won't activate. Either human made items are built with safeties to keep pokemon from activating them, or pokemon have a mental block against technology, or they just lack the specific type of symbolic reasoning that lets humans invent anything in the first place.

Oddly enough, such concepts as "press a button on this device to make something else happen somewhere else" are completely insane to anything not human on Earth. There's a reason why chimpanzees never made a written language, or why humans are the only apes that can create and use anything beyond a sharpened rock tied to a stick. Hell, the other apes never managed to tie the rock to the stick in the first place. I don't even know if they sharpened the rock, either. And chimpanzees aren't as dumb as people think they are, they're actually better at math than most of you.
>>
>>50907427
I just searched for a random Fire Red playthrough so bear with me and mute the audio.

https://youtu.be/yUS1IcC5CBY?t=9m55s

>It automatically records data on Pokemon you've seen or caught
>You can't get detailed data on Pokemon by just seeing them
>You must catch them to obtain complete data

It certain seems to be implying that the Pokedex does this on its own. The capture requirement especially suggests some kind of scan, but I'm not sure what scan tells you local legends and rumors.
>>
>>50906043
I like the games more than the show in this respect. The pokemon calls sound sort of like their names, but you have to really think about it to make them fit.
>>
>>50907626
The psychic monkey whatever is noted to be smart enough to use Pokeballs.

Anyways, as far as the whole "Why are humans even capable of anything" in the setting, I love the fanon theory that everyone is actually fucking superhuman, which is why it doesn't bother the society at all to let their kids just wander around without issue.
>>
>>50907626
Okay, if it's that Pokemon can't work Pokeballs, what about a former trainer's Pokemon? Also, that would explain that all my examples are never found in the wild.

If it's safeties, then that makes perfect sense. A Gengar would totally sneak into somewhere and let loose all the Pokemon if it could.
>>
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dr._Footstep

The footprint translations always gave an interesting perspective on how Pokemon might view their trainers.
>>
>>50907782
I do enjoy how they had to come up for a reason for your stored Pokemon to not be in some twisted hibernation in the very same game they had the villain comment on it.
>>
>Garchomp is as fast as a military jet.
How will the Air Force ever recover?
>>
File: index[1].png (139KB, 485x266px) Image search: [Google]
index[1].png
139KB, 485x266px
hhooOOOooohh shit, a Pokemon thread in /tg/, my favorite!

>How did Humans become the dominant species?

For the most part of Humans were in fact not the dominant species and instead lived along side Pokemon as equals: eating together, building communities and even marrying and quite possibly breeding together.
This relationship wasn't meant to last forever; Humanity has a hole in it's heart and the drive, ambition, and constant impetuous dissatisfaction to build, create, destroy, and climb the ladder of power in their world. Humanity built grand civilizations, covered the earth, and still wanted more and in doing so they largely alienated themselves from most Pokemon and nature. In many instances this even motivated the wrath of literal GODS (mythical/legendary) Pokemon to come down and stop them, but often times this just furthered the divide between people and Pokemon.
There's a fan theory going around that while all Pokemon are a product of Arceus and/or children of Mew- Humans were artificially introduced from another world into the Pokemon world and were not created. This could be why they're so uppity.

>How powerful is a Pokemon Human?

You need to understand first that a Pokemon 'Human' is more Pokemon than an ordinary Human; they have 10,000 years of implied cross-breeding. With that said:
-A Pokemon World Human is capable of learning and using pokemon moves (The move "Toxic" was in fact invented by Humans) and can have the Fighting, Psychic, Normal, and Dark typing.
-Pokemon World Humans have demonstrated inhuman feats of physical strength and otherwise supernatural/paranormal psychic powers.

>Do People eat Pokemon? lelelele xD

Yes. Farfetch'd was infamously hunted to near extinction given how delicious it was and People openly consume Pokemon by products: eggs, milk, fruit, etc..
People have eaten Bellsprouts, Slowpokes, they have instant ramen flavored with Crabrawler- people eta pokemon.
>>
>>50908263

>The Pokedex was written by a 10 year old child!

There's a real-life explanation for this:
Pokemon the franchise was passed through several marketing guidelines during it's life and saw many changes to what it could and couldn't do or what it thought it was doing.
The original Red and Blue didn't know how successful the I.P would become and many of the dexes, etc spoke of real life places n' so on as they had nothing or little to go on for reference/context.
During the adolescent phase of the Pokemon Franchise though they began to tighten up their I.P's "ship" and refrained from making real world references and stuck to in-game ones now that they had more material; they could reference other pokemon and the world around it, etc... Marketing Censorship and guidelines though refrained them from mentioning death, religion, alcohol, pokemon eating one another- but this changed eventually.

Sun and Moon is the first Pokemon game to have gone completely "uncensored" sort to speak: they didn't have to answer to drastic westernization and treehouse of Nintendo didn't do any of the translations.
Sun and Moon is the first Pokemon game since Blue/Red that the Pokemon team has had complete artistic license with in terms of content, story, and lore.
It'll sound "corny", but this is could be seen as how they've always seen or wanted to depict the Pokemon world and why they've gone to such lengths to demonstrate more personal stories, people's ordinary lives, and how normal folk get along in this Pokemon world.
>>
File: Mega_Fug.png (382KB, 854x479px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Fug.png
382KB, 854x479px
>>50907452

?
>>
>>50896400
I have actually done this in the game, and there's a catch:

Charmander learns ember at level 7

it learns metal claw at level 13.

At level 13, ember deals slightly more damage than metal claw, but you beat onix easily regardless if you have more than just charmander on your team, and a potion or two.

at level 7, you beat it with ember, but you need a fucking potion, and you gotta hope it uses no rock tomb's, 'cause that rapes charmander.

In red/blue, however, it doesn't have rock tomb, and it uses bide half the time, so you REALLY beat it easily with charmander if you know what youre doing. It can't 1-shot you with tackle, though it's stronger than yours.
>>
>>50907452

It would be interesting. I mean, Megaten games do have demons capable of using COMPs to summon other demons.

I would so play as a Lucario. Aura is a kickass ability.
>>
>>50908342
That image is awesome.
>>50908352
How the hell did this happen?
>>
>>50908342
>During the adolescent phase of the Pokemon Franchise though they began to tighten up their I.P's "ship" and refrained from making real world references and stuck to in-game ones now that they had more material

The infamous Indian Elephant entries first appeared in Fire Red during Gen 3. Raichu's current Pokedex entry still mentions them in Sun all the way into Gen 7.

That doesn't really mesh with what you've said here, so mind if I ask for your source?
>>
>>50899933

Your loss, the games have only gotten better. Let's be honest here, RBY was a hot mess. I started playing pokemon when it came out when I was 9 years old, and the only entry I would say was not an indisputable net improvement on previous gen was Sapphire/Ruby, and even then it had a lot of great things, it just also had some dumb.
>>
>>50895519
Maybe the people in pokemon setting are all vegetarians? But the Berries actually taste and provide nutriental quantities of meat products, so they never mind
>>
>>50908445
>That doesn't really mesh with what you've said here, so mind if I ask for your source?

I actually just looked back and you're completely 100% correct about the infamous "indian elephant" lines, but I stand by what I said and I'll provide my sources/where I got to this point:

-Real world references peeked in the first season, first generation, and first games before they became less and less common with a few odd exceptions such as the one you listed. While some still happen- the pokemon games aren't littered with such blatant contradictory references.
I haven't seen any "indian elephants" in Sun and Moon.

-Pokemon originally had a marketing presentation set of rules (a copy was translated into english and provided to the warner brothers company and other marketers/merchandisers during the 90's/00's. ) and it included a number of things: no references to reproduction, no death, no eating pokemon, no blood, etc.. These were put into effect after Red & Blue, but have since stopped.

-The "surprise" success quote remark though is a little more circumstantial; it's a passing quote I read from an interview with Satoshi Tajiri who was just talking about how the original pokemon games were basically done "over night" and they had no idea they'd explode in popularity like they did, so they didn't feel such restrictions were necessary.
He even went to say a similar attitude was behind the terrible/inaccurate sprites in the original games as the sprite artists were missing information on many pokemon.
>>
>>50895769
I've always held to the theory that Humans aren't native to the Pokemon world and instead colonized it a long ass time ago, so long ago that no-one living knows this anymore besides Arceus and maybe a couple of the other really old Legendary Pokemon

so basically when humanity arrived they had enough of a tech advantage to figure out how to tame Pokemon without getting murdered by them before they eventually lost said technology and had to rely solely on Pokemon

>>50896610
I always figured they were just clones

>>50908263
>There's a fan theory going around that while all Pokemon are a product of Arceus and/or children of Mew- Humans were artificially introduced from another world into the Pokemon world and were not created. This could be why they're so uppity.
exactly, also your pic reminds me that I really wish we'd see more examples of Pokemon being used in Warfare in official materials
>>
>>50909128
>I've always held to the theory that Humans aren't native to the Pokemon world and instead colonized it a long ass time ago, so long ago that no-one living knows this anymore besides Arceus and maybe a couple of the other really old Legendary Pokemon
>so basically when humanity arrived they had enough of a tech advantage to figure out how to tame Pokemon without getting murdered by them before they eventually lost said technology and had to rely solely on Pokemon

The thing about this theory is that it's easily disproven by stuff in the games.

Namely, the fact that in ORAS you can see some pretty stunning cave painting murals of when primitive man lived under the tyrannical thumb of whimsical legendary pokemon fighting for territory and dominance over their neck of the world.

Imagine being a Caveman surviving on what little scraps you can manage to forage up before Groudon and Kyogre arbitrarily decide today would be the day they'd fight again and cause another small apocalypse.
>>
>>50909232
that's kinda how long ago I'm implying Humanity arrived on the Pokemon world, so long that any and all evidence of them being non-native has long been lost, so long that they collapsed back into being cavemen, and rebuilt civilization(and probably going through this cycle a couple times before Humans and Pokemon start getting along)
>>
>>50896783
Simple. Get help from a friendly pikachu, the same way humans in the past befriended dogs/cats
>>
>>50907870

Jets can carry bombs easier, though.

On the other hand, a Garchomp interceptor anti-bomber squad sounds badass as shit.
>>
>>50909467

There's a lot of evidence for humans befriending a bunch of pokemon before pokéballs ever were a thing, after all, even Apricot balls.

You do have to admire whoever was the first caveman that had the balls to go and try to pet a giant dragon mantis with swords for hands and try to find where it liked its scratchies, though.
>>
>>50909483
Tbh somebody starting with a big fat caterpillar and eventually getting themselves a bee with drillhands sounds more likely.
>>
>>50895864
>>50895852
It is mention pokemon rarely evolve without human trainers, so one can speculate that human have the power to unlock a pokemons true potential. This obviously make them valuable

>>50895875
both Meowth and Slowking were cases of a specific individual and never seem an other individual do the same thing

>>50896158
do not forget martial artist that are on fighting type level

>>50896362
reminder that a kid suddenly turned into a Kadabra

>>50896888
despite being malevolent most dangerous ghost-types tend to stay on one place so just avoid and the problem is mostly solved

>>50897708
>Basically Pokedex entries are written by alchemists and adventurers. Which is why they can be chocked up to bullshit a lot.
this is now my head canon

>>50901995
>would ghost pokemon being former humans make them possible allies?
they have the tendency to go mad and decide to kill everyone so I don't think so

>>50905661
maybe he cant fly wile caring a person so he can't use fly as it's primarily a transport move
>>
>>50896610
i thought it was because of genetic engineering and shit.

If everyone can have portable pocket-dimensions to trap them, can clone creatures from fossiles, they surely can clone humans.
>>
>>50896080
I mean, there's a very easy, straightforward, and entirely believable thing that happens with a trade.

The Pokemon loses you.

You have perhaps been the one constant thing in the Pokemon's life. If it was ever in the wild, it probably only remembers that time as a brutal struggle for survival. Day in and day out, on the absolute edge, anything could be anywhere, moments from tearing your throat out, and that's if the predator wasn't sadistic or slow.

Enter you. Your pokemon probably did kick the shit out of this pokemon, but you didn't knock it out or eat it. Instead this pokemon found itself in probably the first truly safe space it's ever been; inside a pokeball. You then proceed to nurture it, care for it, train it to become stronger so it doesn't need to be afraid, so it can pay you back for all the good you've done for it. So it can do everything it can for you, because it's your friend.

But it's not strong enough, is it?

It tries and it tries and it tries, but it's just not good enough. The pokemon sees your face as it falls to an attack you wanted it to take. It feels your disappointment as it fails to knock out the thing you needed it to knock out. Maybe you've even tried to reassure it, but it's doing everything it can and it knows it's failing you.

And then it happens, all too quickly. It's pokeball has left your side, and you're rapidly fading into the distance.

You're gone now, the one thing it truly cared about.

And it's all it's fault.
It is essentially a stress based power up, and whether getting to see you again after such an evolution is touching or horrible is up to you.
>>
>>50909636
For the meowth thing, I saw a discussion about how he managed to talk once. Was pretty interesting, but the final conclusion is that all pokemon understand whatever the pokemon equivalent of 'basic' is but their biology makes it difficult for them to produce the actual sounds required for speech. Speech is actually very difficult and nuanced with the slightest muscle movement of various organs creating different details. The average human being spends the first few years of it's life learning how to speak properly.

The episode that showed meowth learning how to speak showed that he understood what he was trying to say, he just simply didn't know how to make his mouth (and lungs and throat and more) make the correct movements to effectively say words. But with several months of practice he suddenly just gets it and masters speech.

The conclusion is that at least some pokemon (not all, since not all of them will have the correct internal makeup for effective speech) have the biological capability to speak entirely based on species, but all pokemon likely have the capability to understand speech.
>>
File: 1481642024457.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1481642024457.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>50909802
Nice. I like it.
>>
>>50909128
>I've always held to the theory that Humans aren't native to the Pokemon world and instead colonized it a long ass time ago, so long ago that no-one living knows this anymore besides Arceus and maybe a couple of the other really old Legendary Pokemon
>so basically when humanity arrived they had enough of a tech advantage to figure out how to tame Pokemon without getting murdered by them before they eventually lost said technology and had to rely solely on Pokemon
This has interesting implications, what with the whole ultra wormhole things now. Pokemon that go through a wormhole come out boosted with warp energies and stronger than they were before. This eventually fades, but so far the only known pokemon that were around long enough to naturalize and lose their warp power are Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma, who are all still silly strong.
>>
>>50909483
I like the idea of cavemen befriending and domesticating teams of little creatures to deal with the bigger, scary ones that could wipe out whole settlements. It's such a natural start to trainers and explains pretty much everything on its own.
>>
>>50910427

It'd make sense with the Rotomdex, since it can bypass biological restrictions and use the Pokedex's speakers to talk with no issues.
>>
>>50906804
Why would prof. Oak give you a pokedex and not just a notebook?
>>
>>50912011
Because it's easier and faster to type than to write. Not to mention, you can easily send information wirelessly w/o many issues while notes can be lost/torn/damaged/etc.
>>
>>50912011
>>50912033
It also has a camera so you don't have to rely on shitty children's drawings and a microphone to record the sounds they make.

If the games are to be taken at face value then they also have a GPS to mark where you caught something.
>>
>>50912620
>pokemon people had smartphones before we had smartphones
>>
>>50908263
>How did Humans become the dominant species?
To add to that, I think that a combination of intelligence, charisma, ambition, and overall adaptability that made the humans so successful. There may be Pokemon like Alakazam that can outsmart them (IQ is probably not 5000, but it's probably better than even the smartest chimp), but humans are also highly sociable and adaptable, giving them a diversity and numbers edge against any potential competition.

>Do people eat Pokemon?
Yes. I wonder if technology has advanced enough so that meat is manufactured by tissue cloning rather than slaughter. There are different paths technology advances by (for example, a civilization could have excellent civil engineering but terrible biomanufacturing), but it wouldn't surprise me if humans there have created affordable meat cloning.
>>
>>50912011
It's very likely the Pokedex is connected to the internet and communicates with the Prof's network. This is because the single bit of actually reliable info in it is where Pokemon can be found, which spans the entire region from the moment the player encounters a species.

Given the oddity of the random bullshit vs this absurdly accurate category of information, it seems like the Pokedex is a glorified method of getting aspiring trainers, who will be searching out Pokemon anyway, to do the grunt fieldwork of locating Pokemon populations. The filling in the rest of it is probably just to let the kid feel like they're accomplishing more, which is a pretty good idea honestly.
>>
Forgot I wasn't on /vp/ for a bit
>>
>>50913437
Yeah, I'm honestly surprised there isn't more profanity in the pokedex entries though.
>>
>>50912804
Given how retardedly strong the healing process is in the Pokemon world, and how pure shenanigansy creatures like Ditto are, it very likely there's some kind of developed meat farming process. Even better, since pokemon are vaguely intelligent, this could be a voluntary process.

Even more crazy, a Pokemon with Recover could supply meat indefinitely, since stamina is easily replenished by Leppa Berries, which require only soil, water, sunlight and pokebeans to grow. Even more degeneracy occurs if the Pokemon has Recycle or Harvest, giving back consumed berries for a tiny bit of stamina or time.
>>
>>50913545
Oh, there you are /tg/. I was wondering when you'd show up.

Tabletop-related question, if I'm making a ttrpg for pokemon, would it be a good idea to have separate skills for types relating to raising, training, and commanding pokemon? Partly to justify gym leaders being experts in a specific type and ace trainers using multiple types, partly to encourage party specialization and roles? Should there be additional skills for things like environment and morphology, or is just types enough?
>>
>>50913588
>would it be a good idea to have separate skills for types relating to raising, training, and commanding pokemon?

Reading it back, this is unclear. Meant as in "putting five points into fire will improve ability to train, raise, and command fire-type pokemon".
>>
>>50913588
There's Pokemon Tabletop United, and Pokemon Tabletop Adventures if you want to see some kinda-functional examples of Pokemon in tabletop.

Having played a lot of PTU, I feel that it is suffers from slow combat and needless complication. The classes are also shallow, though meant to be 'building blocks' rather than full blown defined paths. I encourage making up your own mind about it though.

It's got a steep learning curve at the start, though, so just be aware of that.
>>
>>50896143
For onyx... Bullets are a steel type attack and rock is weak against it.

For steelix. Low kick it.
>>
File: Lilligant.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Lilligant.png
58KB, 250x250px
>>50908479
Is it vegetarian to eat a pure Grass-type pokémon?
>>
>>50895769
Well the common theory is that humans evolved from pokemon in their universe and thus had the same abilties that manifest as psychic powers or auras etc.
I mean fuck it Ash even uses aura himself at one point.
And then there's the fact that humans thought of a way to capture and tame pokemon...
>>
>>50913630
I believe that depends on how much you want a character to be able to do, and how useful each of training, raising and commanding Pokemon is. I don't know how to give a useful answer beyond that though, systems themselves are not my forte.
>>
File: OW5.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
OW5.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>50913698
>kick a metal snake's feet out from under it
>>
File: Onix_base_stats.png (15KB, 470x320px) Image search: [Google]
Onix_base_stats.png
15KB, 470x320px
>>50896143
Have you ever played a Pokémon game? Onix is TRASH.
>>
>>50897329

Gardevoir will do anything to protect their master, you know.

They're one of the only Pokémon who's pokedex entry emphasizes how loyal and loving they are towards their trainer.
>>
>>50913698
>For steelix. Low kick it.
>not using incendiaries
all solutions must be gun
>>
File: oh.png (102KB, 453x443px) Image search: [Google]
oh.png
102KB, 453x443px
>>50913939
>Joltik, the tiny, weak, baby spider pokemon, has more HP, Atk, SpA, and SpD than Onix, and nearly as much Speed
>>
>>50914190
>>50897329
>Not putting your Gardevoir in a Macho Brace
>>
File: 1459641771785.png (637KB, 700x2264px) Image search: [Google]
1459641771785.png
637KB, 700x2264px
>>50897329
>>50914190
Artist's name in Bano Akira, there's a good bit of art of that particular Gardevoir trying to get into her trainer's pants.
>>
>>50914197
Agreed.
>>
>>50915572
Aren't Gun builds terrible in Strange Journey?

I could never make them work, myself.
>>
>>50915605
All I remember is them being pretty versatile, but that you needed the really good guns to make them work.

On that subject, a pokemon game that has you exploring the ultra dimension like in Strange Journey would be pretty neat.
>>
File: Turdak.png (47KB, 608x502px) Image search: [Google]
Turdak.png
47KB, 608x502px
How long until pokemon has a fusion system?
>>
>>50907747
Trained pokemon can't even work the spray nozzle on Potions or status curing medicines, and those are things they regularly see applied to themselves and others.
>>
>>50912739
They also have mass-defying stasis prison balls and digital storage in the truest sense of the term, in that you can store anything digitally, up to and including things inside stasis prison balls.
Also, Bill accidentally found mind-switching tech while developing a teleporter and was only casually worried about the fact that a pokemon was running his body.
>>
>>50916315
Bill's problem was that he got combined with a pokemon, not that he switched bodies with one. Come to think of it, you never see the pokemon after the fact.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.