[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'd like to play a barbarian. I'm looking for interesting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: gorgon.jpg (603KB, 1149x757px) Image search: [Google]
gorgon.jpg
603KB, 1149x757px
So I'd like to play a barbarian. I'm looking for interesting character hooks. Bonus points for interesting takes on Raging, and for leading to a life at sea (might use it for a pirate campaign).

Pic unrelated, it's the closest thing I had to a barbarian
>>
File: 1470785724380.png (181KB, 585x2561px) Image search: [Google]
1470785724380.png
181KB, 585x2561px
>Pic unrelated, it's the closest thing I had to a barbarian
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.
>>
>>50892021
This is so, so close to "tee hee don't hit on me silly LARPERS"
>>
File: 1466894648663.jpg (115KB, 798x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1466894648663.jpg
115KB, 798x1074px
>>50891594
Maybe like...your character is looking for the biggest "prey" to make a name for him/herself and MAYBE no one goes hunting in the sea since it's too dangerous. Or no one comes back with anything. Like a kraken or some junk like that.

So your character is like "adventure ho!"

Or maybe there are tales of berserker style sea creatures of some sort and again, no one really goes out to sea looking for these things. So NATURALLY your character wants to go looking for these things.

Maybe when you get drunk you rage, and these pirates have THE BEST BOOZE EVER so you hang out with them to stay "max rage".

Sorry bro, barbarians aren't the first or even fifth thing I think of when I think of the open sea.
>>
You were invested with a spirit/have some entity living in you. The rage is that entity leaking out or taking over. As you get to higher levels and rage gets better this represents the entity getting stronger. You are a barbarian with inner demons. Do you give in or overcome them?
>>
>>50892634
>Sorry bro, barbarians aren't the first or even fifth thing I think of when I think of the open sea.
I mean it might be an airship so there's that
>>
>>50892756
>Water Bandits, but IN THE SKY!!!!
Pretty sure they're just Sky Bandits at that point.
>>
File: LeperComic.jpg (1MB, 1000x1768px) Image search: [Google]
LeperComic.jpg
1MB, 1000x1768px
I have a character idea sitting around that I kind of shamelessly ripped from Darkest Dungeon, and that is playing a barbarian with leprosy. Since Leprosy destroys nerve endings, a barbarian with it could rage by going all in during fights since they aren't feeling any pain. The disease gives a good excuse to go out adventuring, since lepers are often outcasts, and you also get to play a character with a cool mask. Bonus points if your system has ways of reducing their accuracy/perception, since leprosy also damages the eyes.
>>
>>50891594

>Different take on rage

They could go the traditional route go into trance like battle state were they consume some hallucinogens and get in contact with spirits. They could also say the same phrase over and over to enter a muderous flow state.

>Possible sailor background

Here is an idea that may work, character could have worked for a bunch of pirates/ privateers that captured whole ships for ransom. The character was apart of the main boarding party and only the toughest were selected and few survived for very long. Everything was going fine until the captain decided to attack a ship that was too good to pass up. Surprise, surprise it was a trap! Turns out the captain sold out the crew to become say governor of an island or Admiral for the settings respectable powerhouse faction. Rest of the crew is killed or thrown overboard, character only survives thanks to boyant corpse of dead crewmate or maybe even the traitorous Captain leaves the surviving crew on a desert island. Left for dead, the survivng crew (if any) and the character eventually drift back into society and are now looking to settle the score.
>>
>>50891594
Viking berserker.
Raid failed, everyone else died.
Signed on as a pirate after becoming essentially stranded..
Had opportunities to return home since, but can't work up the nerve.
Still sends money home.
>>
>>50891594
I've made a warforged barbarian before. re-fluffed his rage into an "overclock" mode. he burns his magical power source extra-fast but can only do it for limited amount of time. frenzied rage is just burning it even more and being "overheated" (exhausted) afterward.
he has a visor attached to his head that flips down over his face when he overclocks. it looks like a knight's helmet. and he sounds kinda like a train when he's overclocking.

mechanics aside, i made him cop, basically. travels the realm enforcing the law. bringing down criminals. he's the kinda guy who speaks in all caps.
>>
>>50891594

Perseus is a dick. SHE NEVER ASKED TO BE CURSED YOU COCKMONGLER!
>>
>>50891594
I was thinking about a barbarian that is cowardly and their rage is actually an expression of terror. However, instead of running away their knee-jerk reaction is to kill the source of their fear.
>>
>>50893775
You made wonder red?
>>
>>50891594
Two words.
>Sea
>People
>>
Every idea I have in RPGs is based on a joke because I'm a DM, so I had an idea for a Goliath Barbarian a while back called Aztek, who was super tribal.

He would always cover himself in mud pattern, and never washes. The mud wears off eventually, but he always reapplies it before its completely gone, leaving him almost entirely covered in mud most of the time.

When he bleeds, or the blood of his enemies falls on him, he leaves it there, which often leaves him sticky after battles.

What's brown and sticky?

Aztek
>>
>>50891594
man, medusa got it so fucking rough.
The lady tries to go and pray at her church, gets raped, and then has to defend herself from a cavalcade of heroes after her head.
>>
>>50897671
Don't you have a comic to write, Stephan Pastis?
>>
>>50898059
You forgot the part where, you know, the goddess she was praying to in the first place turned her into a gorgon for being raped in her temple.
At least she was canon hot
>>
File: 1464775643101.jpg (19KB, 435x358px) Image search: [Google]
1464775643101.jpg
19KB, 435x358px
>>50891594
>ywn rescue and marry a qt snekgirl
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.