[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turns out the Elder Things are real and have awoken their city-fortress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 61

File: 1480029979088.jpg (107KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1480029979088.jpg
107KB, 1024x683px
Turns out the Elder Things are real and have awoken their city-fortress in Antarctica. Let's also say they are surprised to find modern humans, but are peacefully asking to be recognized by the international community and to have Antarctica recognized as theirs.

How do the nations of Earth respond?
>>
>>50890595
>Turns out the Elder Things are real and have awoken their city-fortress in Antarctica

The Elder Things are dead though, even in the context of their story.
>>
File: applause-orson.gif (883KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
applause-orson.gif
883KB, 500x375px
>>50890631

>Hey guys, let's have a fun what-if discussion!

>NO! What-if is non-canon.
>>
>>50890631
Learn to have fun.
>>
Forget the spoil sport>>50890631

Lets start by saying they number around 1,3 million.
>>
>>50890595
Ok.

Not like we're using Antarctica.
>>
File: nofunallowed.jpg (84KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
nofunallowed.jpg
84KB, 488x516px
>>50890631
>>
>>50890595
But what are we gonna do if we wanna study stars or penguins?

A bit more seriously why should they be recognized? What to they have to offer to the international community beyond existance?
>>
>>50890595
Well, they're Elder Things, so I can't imagine mankind would be around to oppose their claim much longer.

It doesn't matter if you come in peace when your would-be friends go mad upon seeing you.
>>
>>50891035
Technology beyond anything we can do.
>>
>>50891037

>Call of Cthulhu memes strike again

I don't think anybody goes mad from seeing an Elder Thing in the lore.
>>
>>50891037
Nah, they're not Cthulhu or Star Spawn so you don't go mad after looking upon them.
>>50891035
They're way more advanced than us considering they made the shoggoths and have a greater grasp of the fundamental metaphysics of reality.
>>
File: elderthing.jpg (135KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
elderthing.jpg
135KB, 864x648px
>>
Can we have sex with them? This is extremely important.
>>
>>50891060
Then why do they want peace?
>>
>>50891326
Why fight when you can get all that trade? Also not alot of Elder Things left. Also they are indirectly responsible for Humanities creation, so little bit of kinship?
>>
>>50890595
>implying the elder things would even bat an 5 eyes at humanity.
>>
>>50890595

We will have sex with them, or we will innundate them in nukes because they're different than us. Possible - probably - both.

There's not really a middle ground.
>>
>>50891292
>>50891422
The question is, who gets to have sex with them?

how many can they have sex with at a time?
>>
>>50891422
>>50891292
>Sapiosexual Female Scientist is part of the negotiations with the Elder Things.
>ends with her being modified into a pseudo Elder Thing out of desperation because knowing the unknowable is the ultimate extent of her kink.
>>
>Be Elder Thing.
>Your people are seek to wait out the madness and desolation caused by the Wars with the Deep Ones and their master.
>Awake from cryo to find that some bald apes have come to rule the planet.
>So thats a thing...
>>
>>50891326
>Why don't they want to start an entirely pointless war for no other reason than they have superior technology when they could probably get what they want by asking politely?
>>
File: antarctica_map.jpg (383KB, 1200x1480px) Image search: [Google]
antarctica_map.jpg
383KB, 1200x1480px
For educational purposes I have found this map that shows the various countries claims on Antarctica.
Do you think Russia would be an asshole about this?
>>
>>50891475
That's not at all what happened though. Cthulhu is just another alien and the deep ones are indirect servants. Cthulhu has his own star spawn that made war with the Elder Things.
>>
>>50891620
There isn't much down there humans can use. And I think Russia mostly does training there anyway. Not a big deal. Especially if they get some sweet Elder Thing Tech from it.
>>
>>50890595
We have yet to figure out out to consistently get along with people who only have trivial skin color or religious differences. I don't have high hopes that we would get along peacefully with something as alien as Elder Things. Some nation would try to enslave them or steal their stuff, or independent parties would.
>>
>>50890595
In cannon aren't the elder things relatively friendly to humans?

Inhumane and indifferent to the suffering of individuals, but not actively hostile, even a little interested in fates.
>>
>>50891674
Any invader would get BTFO hard by the Elder Thing though. Why pick a fight that doesn't benefit anyone.
>>
>>50891707
They're people. They do things people do. I imagine largely we could coexist, but Elder Things also seem to be staggeringly arrogant. They coexisted with the Yith and Deep Ones and don't even give them a foot note because they were never a threat.
>>
>>50891707
They are in cryo and mostly unaware of humans. The did engineer our very distant ancestors as house cats/dogs.
>>
>>50891707
In cannon aren't the humans relatively friendly to dogs?

Inhumane and indifferent to the suffering of individuals, but not actively hostile, even a little interested in fates.
>>
>>50891759
This is just wrong. They engineered pytoplankton and basic single celled life, everything else is the result of uncontrolled evolution.

They're also probably all dead after moving underground. No cryo even implied.
>>
>>50890631
It actually says that it's possible some deep-sea cities are still inhabited.
>>
Do they have genders? How do you court their womenz?
>>
>>50891855
They reproduced by spores from memory.
>>
>>50891873
Can they still be sexed?
>>
>>50891855
Nope. They reproduce through spores.
You can court one.
Is it gay if it's neither male nor female?
>>
>>50891891
They can give blowjobs and stroke your dick with their tentacles. But no vagina/cloaca/similar organ.

I swear I used to be a normal human being...
>>
>>50891893
No, just xenophila. Nongendered is still not homosexual.
>>
>>50890595
Antarctica is rightful Australian clay, so fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>50892004
You are still ruled by a foreign Queen cuck.
>>
>>50891893
I crunched the numbers, it turns out it's at least twice as gay. maybe more.
>>
>>50892108
Explain.
>>
File: nBhUKaB.jpg (44KB, 905x1114px) Image search: [Google]
nBhUKaB.jpg
44KB, 905x1114px
>>50892135
>Explain the joke
>>
>>50892157
I thought you actually had numbers and data...
>>
>>50891620
I'd wager that the US would be pissed as fuck not to be the strongest fish in the pond anymore.
>>
File: rE0Gh0N.jpg (7KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
rE0Gh0N.jpg
7KB, 480x269px
>>50892171
I wasn't that dude, dude.
I just was letting you know
>He doesn't have data
Because it's a joke.
>>
>>50891462
They're pentaradially symmetrical, so 5. Unless the genitalia are along the apex or bottom.
>>
File: its-always-sunny-frank.jpg (84KB, 650x397px) Image search: [Google]
its-always-sunny-frank.jpg
84KB, 650x397px
>>50892244
Or the U.S would not want Russia having access to elder tech..
>>
>>50890595
>they are surprised to find modern humans, but are peacefully asking to be recognized by the international community and to have Antarctica recognized as theirs.

They can fuck off. Every elder city in the world belongs to America
>>
We try to kill them with nuclear fire.

Guess how well that'll go.
>>
>>50891669

Wait, I thought the Deep Ones worshipped Dagon?
>>
>>50891816

The ones underground got fucked by Shoggoths and are definitely dead. The examples remaining above ground were revived just from being thawed, although some were chewed up enough that they were dead.

Like, five of those things just wake up when thawed and it's a pretty integral part of the story because the researchers follow them.
>>
Ah perfect a lovecraft thread saves me from having to go to that shithole /lit/
I just read the shadow over insmouth and although i liked it i was not really a fan of the ending.
Problem is i see no other way he could have gotten the information he wanted across then said retarded twist so i guess the writers hands were kind of tied.
>>
>>50892818

He does get a lot of his information by enabling the town drunk's crippling alcoholism, which is kind of hilarious.
>>
>>50891620
I could see most of those research stations being converted into embassies of sorts, just to keep things up. Really it's a matter of if there are a small enough number of the Elder things to not seem like a massive threat, and if they have some sweet tech they'll offer in exchange.

Say they offer every country the cure to cancer for their antarctic claims, barring the embassy/research stations, and there's not too many of them, maybe in the millions. That's a city of weird things that could be seen as indigenous people, or at the very least a rare species of animal.

Prolonged war doesn't seem like an overly likely outcome. At the very least, people will be hesitant since the things might have nukes, or worse. Most likely is trade and peace talks while nations gauge their capabilities, though I'd also imagine Elder things would keep themselves relatively isolationist. They would want to keep as much of a tech advantage as they could for as long as they could.
>>
>>50890595
If the rest of the Mythos is real too, elder things are some of the best friends we could have. They may be radiates, vegetables, and star-spawn, but mentally they're close to us. They stood against fucking CTHULHU and fought him to a standstill, and they don't have any reality-bending power, just advanced technology.

In the Mythos, they're the embodiment of Badass Normal.
>>
File: gskc2Lj.jpg (22KB, 316x459px) Image search: [Google]
gskc2Lj.jpg
22KB, 316x459px
>>50892860
This sounds exactly right to me. They offer everyone the same thing that isn't used for warfare, it doesn't set off any political explosions about enemies getting super tech. Then they can just stay on their continent as isolationists.
Good job guy. I'd world build this.
>>
>>50892903
Yeah. Offering everyone the same thing is key, and the only political squabbles would potentially be some countries trying to stay and then trade for the cure with allies. That may just result in the Elder things offering a blanket deal to everyone holding the land though, and say that they all have to agree to get it. Either way, I see the nations easily caving to that pressue. Go down as the leader who cured cancer by making first contact with another species in exchange for some useless ice? Easy decision.

From there, most trade is probably minimal. Maybe food, but probably mostly art, music, or entertainment, assuming any of it is enjoyable to one side or the other.
>>
>>50892961
I think so much of their art and tech would be so alien to us that enjoying or using it would be a pain in the ass. They are so divergent in morphology from us that their ways of thinking and operating tech would be completely alien to us.
We'd have to reverse engineer any of it. And they'd always have problems with espionage. I imagine a few countries would try to smuggle some super tech out of the south pole.
God that'd be a great campaign.
A mission to smuggle elder tech out of Antarctica, humans are uncommon in the city. If you get caught you may start a humanity ending war.
I may make this campaign.
>>
>>50891037
Motherfucker, did you even read In The Mountains of Madness?
It's not seeing the Elder Things that drive people insane, it's seeing the Shoggoth that killed the Elder Things.
>>
>>50893037
Yeah. There's a lot of stuff that could be done with it. I'd imagine that even without really being able to enjoy their art, you would still get people trying to study it though. Lots of researchers would have a field day with even the cultural aspects of their society, let alone tech.

Espionage would be similarly difficult, as I'd imagine each nation would be keeping close eyes to make sure nobody else got ahead in the race, while also having to deal with any super-tech security.

Counter-intelligence and stopping theft by other countries might be just as interesting as conducting it yourself. Not to mention any more independent thieves that figure they can just sneak in and pocket a tiny gizmo to sell for millions.
>>
>>50890595
Is there oil around Antarctica? This is very important
>>
>>50893077
And whatever Dyer saw beyond that mountain. It's implied to be the true form of a bunch of eldritch abominations, including fucking YOG-SOTHOTH
>>
>>50893077
>>50893143
The straw that broke the camel's back. Dyer and Danforth were already close to their breaking points after reading the Elder Things' history in those murals.
>>
File: 1454898913728.jpg (148KB, 1243x643px) Image search: [Google]
1454898913728.jpg
148KB, 1243x643px
>>50893143
I always personally enjoyed the idea that he saw some sort of weird cold-mirage reflection of Kadath through the Cold Wastes where they bordered, and seeing the implied immensity of the ultimate city just spooked him to the limit.
>>
>>50892862
It's weird how much of a hopeful note they are. They're what mankind can aspire to become to survive the coming dark. They rose to the level of Mi-Go and other supernations and remained merciful and sane by a human standard.
>>
>>50890595
Hol up
if they're in Antarctica, where did they get those sticks?
>>
>>50893363
human research station.
>>
>>50893363
The giant blind albino penguins run the local racket. You got fish, buddy, they got what you want.
>>
>>50893363
Might be bone or metal. Maybe they have a greenhouse somewhere
>>
>>50893407
>the penguins are behind everything
I knew it!
>>
>>50893407
The penguins are, in reality, the real reason why the majority of cosmic horrors have left Earth alone. They fear what wrath the penguins have in store for them.

Mankind exists solely because the penguins allow us to.

I, for one, welcome our penguin overlords.
>>
File: Emu War.png (56KB, 840x836px) Image search: [Google]
Emu War.png
56KB, 840x836px
>>50892026
>Australia
>Ruled by the Queen
>Not by their Emu Overlords
Get your shit together, anon.
>>
>>50893363
>going to Antarctica
>not bringing sticks so you can roast marshmallows
>>
>>50893475
>He thinks that mere animals could best the true rulers of the continent

Nice try Australians, try winning in EW2.
>>
File: Emu-War.jpg (1MB, 980x2985px) Image search: [Google]
Emu-War.jpg
1MB, 980x2985px
>>50893659
>Australians
>Having any chance of winning Emu War 2
After they performance in the first one, they should be grateful that their Emu masters didn't genocide their whole race.
>>
>>50890595
AAR of our Beyond the Mountains of Madness campaign

>tl,dr: Everyone who understood the construct died inside or was left behind. Instead of orchestrating a coverup, we announced our discovery to the world, started WW2 in 1934 over access to the city of the Elder Things, and ended the world by nuking Berlin with a bomb built using plundered elder thing physics knowledge
>>
>>50892862
>>50890595
>mentally they're close to us
No.
Just no.
It's not about "boohoo no fun alloed" it's about mythos entities. I say entities because they aren't even "beings" since they "are" not like e "are". They exist differently than us.They can't relate, they can't comprehend and even if they could, we wouldn't have any idea. They exist in multiple times and dimensions, they use a """""""technology""""""" called magic that rapes everything our reality and society is built upon. So yeah, they write and talk and build "cities", except these probably "exist" also in the dreamworld, their language does not use air vibration to communicate. Try to explain that to a human. We nuke them, it fails, and then they brain rape us for good
>>
>>50894284
>They exist in multiple times and dimensions
Confirmed for knowing Shit about Elder Things.
>>
>>50890631
Not dead, just hibernating or some shit.
>>
>>50894359
From what I understood, just a few were hibernating and the rest got fuckmurdered in the shoggoth uprising.
>>
>>50894317
>implying a human can know about mythos
go fuck a Cow
>>
>>50894375
I would but your mom is busy.
>>
>>50894374
IIRC, there were still thousands of them in the city, and that's just what the narrator saw.
>>
>>50894397
Yeah, but weren't those dead?
>>
>>50894415
The ones brought up for dissection APPEARED to be dead as well.
>>
>>50894446
Wasn't there a shoggoth running around the town?
>>
>>50894471
I don't remember anything like that, although admittedly it's been a while since I read it.
>>
File: beyond the mountains of madness.png (29KB, 1050x756px) Image search: [Google]
beyond the mountains of madness.png
29KB, 1050x756px
>>50894284
Everything you just posted is fanon. None of it is supported by the evidence in the story.
>>
>>50894284
Concerning Elder Things, it actually says in the story "they were men, whatever else, they were men"

So HP Lovecrafft would disagree with you.

Not that they wouldn't be selfish pricks with no qualms about backstabbing humans if it helped them to survive another war with the Polyps or the Shoggoth Rebellion though.
>>
>>50890631
>"The Elder Things are dead though, even in the context of their story."
>story is literally about Elder Things coming back to life and killing / dissecting a human expedition
>>
One thing I never understood about at the mountains of madness is why haven't the shoggoths taken over the world by now?
>>
>>50894945
Considering humans evolved from leftover shoggoth drippings, they already have
>>
They just wke up?
We nuke them and ensalve them.

They are more developed then us, they have better tech then us, they are more intelligent then us.

The only thing they do no thave now is time. If we give them time they will become a treat we cannot win against. And will get enslaved. Our only path forward is to attack first and hope it enough.
>>
>>50895143
>We try to nuke them and they wipe us out
FTFY
>>
>>50894945
They don't see a need?

They don't particularly hate us (well, unless we piss them off), they probably don't even think of us as different than the penguins which they eat.

They're happy to roll around, defacing their creator's cities, and forming mass conglomerations to think about higher dimensions.
>>
>>50894284
Meanwhile, the narrator and his buddy are able to piece together their history just by looking at the murals on the walls of their abandoned city.

But please, continue telling us how they're all so far beyond our understanding, oh gosh you guys for reals tho
>>
>>50894284
you would be right with many Lovercaftian races but the Elder Things are actually pretty cool guys.
>>
>>50895219
In one RPG, as a nice touch, Elder Thing knowledge was partially psychic. As in, you look at a bit of Elder Thing tech and writing (in person) for long enough, and you get a general idea of how it works, or what it says.

This psychothaumic resonance is like the Elder Things including a manual, it's just that we're stuck using the French side, because we don't have 5-lobed brains, so while we get a general idea... it's not complete, and other people will have a different idea which is just as accurate.

So let's say you have five scientists, all looking at the history murals, they'll get the same general sequence of events, but disagree with specifics, or the meaning of particular glyphs.
>>
>>50894945
Same reason as the dolphins.

Granted, we would need to ask the Elder Things what reason is that. They could answer a lot of neat questions.
>>
>>50895341
Oh that's easy.

They have.

The part we inhabit is just the uninhabitable highlands where there's no water, kelp, or food.
>>
>>50895278
So? Just get a large enough group of people to all read the same piece of psychic lore, then analyse and collate the recurring elements of their readings. That should give you a fairly accurate picture of what it's saying.
>>
>>50895350
The Deep Ones also exist, and haven't been destroyed by the Shoggoths as far as we know.
>>
>>50895376
Yeah, so the dolphins fight the deep ones, or are allies. Still, it's hardly surprising they don't bother coming up here.
>>
>>50895366
His post neither raised a question nor a problem, and yet, here you are.

So desperate to look clever you're rushing in with an answer that nobody asked for or needed.
>>
File: Elder Thing Tech.png (1MB, 2426x1570px) Image search: [Google]
Elder Thing Tech.png
1MB, 2426x1570px
>>50895366
Which is presumably how they managed to figure out how certain pieces of technology work.
>>
>>50895376
I thought shoggoths aren't really sentient, so they would lack the drive to do anything but amble around waiting for orders.
>>
>>50894284
Honey, the Elder Things are, if not the only, lovecraft monsters that are made of real world stuff. They are mundane, no super magic or cosmic horrors. Just a creature of flesh. A very hardy one but still normal.

Mi-Go got their mind fucking and space magic. Mostly mundane but still made of stuff from out of this universe.

Yith, basically can cheat death till there is no more life to transfer their minds.

Deep ones are the elves of lovecraft, more rapist than normal elves.

The Elder Things are closer to human than any other mytho crap, if only because they are made of stuff that we can find in the real world and not from some bullshit mytho stuff.

You know shit about Elder Things and it shows
>>
>>50895376
The deep ones have shoggoths of their own - reread Zadok's rambling in Shadow Over Innsmouth

>>50895490
The ones that rebelled against the Elder Things were intelligent
>>
>>50895429
On the subject of the Laundry, the latest book also gives a good side-step to the old, "look at something and go insane."
Protective Basilisk Hacks, a visually triggered effect that causes glitches inside a person's mind. So it's not Cthulhu himself who fries brains, he just has a collection of wards which convinces your brain you're having a seizure, or gives you an imperative to claw out your own eyes.
>>
>>50895533
>Yith, basically can cheat death till there is no more life to transfer their minds.

They can time-travel, so they can basically go on until all life capable of hodling their minds is them.
>>
>>50895879
Yith have cheat codes, but only for the people that matter. Plebs get rekt if there are not enough bodies for them.
>>
>>50895429
So Anning BLACK are shoggoths?

DO you have more laundry files stuff?
>>
>>50892330
>>and America ceased to exist.
>>not with a boom but with a whimper.
Ok elder guys welcome in the international community.
>>
>>50892728
they do, Cthulu is Great Old One not Deep One.
>>
>>50896878
Yeah, the Laundry is big on codenames.

I'm on my phone at the moment, but when I get home I can post more stuff on anning blue skull, anning black, and other things.
>>
>>50890595

Constant attacks with FA-18 Hornets.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/129979/hornet-leader-cthulhu-conflict
>>
I'm fuzzy on my chronology, can someone check be and disabuse me of what's wrong?
> elder things are mundane people who just happened to be millions of years older than us, Europeans discovering neolithic savages in the mountains of Indonesia except more so
>yithians do the weird mind transference thing
> yithians (or elder things?) Fought a war with polyps, sealed then away below, then began to decline and got their shit wrecked when the polyps emerged again
> elder things weren't necessarily dead, but their civilization died to shoggoths revolt
> neither elder things or yithians are particularly antipathic to humans
> deep ones worship Dagon and hydra, who in turn worship cthulhu, Great Old Ones
> elder things tangled with Great Old Ones a little, and didn't get their shit annihilated

How am I doing?
>>
>>50897879

If I remember correctly the Elder Things were colonists from another planet. I'm not sure what happened but they lost contact with the metropolis, or they got fucked by Eldritch shit and only the colonists remained?
>>
>>50891674
Race and religion are just convenient excuses to justify looting or enslaving someone, Anon. Any excuse will serve the tyrant, and any difference will be overlooked if convenient. So the questions are: who will decide Elder Things are a good propaganda enemy, who will decide they'd be more useful as trading partners, and can the Elder Things tell these groups apart?
>>
>>50897995
They never had contact it seems, their colonization movements across stars are a little weird.

They showed up when Earth was a lifeless rock and created life through abiogenesis.
>>
File: Totem_One_Obelisk.jpg (249KB, 656x468px) Image search: [Google]
Totem_One_Obelisk.jpg
249KB, 656x468px
>>50894145
The second Emu War was over the day it started. The Aussies learned from past mistakes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_Field,_South_Australia
>>
>>50895210
You'd figure they'd come into conflict just because of their natural population growth.
It's been millions of years since they overthrew the elder things and they're still living in their former masters same old cities.
>>50895350
>The part we inhabit is just the uninhabitable highlands where there's no water, kelp, or food.
But shoggoths have absolutely no problem living on land.
They were designed to work in pretty much any environment.
>>
>>50895490
If that were the case why did they rebel in the first place?
>>
>>50899923
Elder Things have trolls too.
>>
>>50895879
>They can time-travel
I thought they can onlytravel into the future?
Or at least I only remember them being shown traveling to the future.
>>
>>50893282
I could masturbate to that image.
>>
>>50893094
Tons. Also gold, to the point that the active volcanoes will often have little bits of gold mixed in with their eruptions. Antartica is fantastically rich with resources and everyone knows it, but they're all trapped under tons of ice and inhospitable weather, and everyone more or less agrees that the scientific value outweighs the material wealth and whatever else might be buried under there.
>>
>>50894145
>emus
>tweet
Somebody's never geard an emu.
>>
>>50895533
well you forgot about Ghouls(and some of the other semi-human Mythos races), pretty much the only supernatural aspects to them are their partial immortality and their ability to tunnel between our world and the Dreamlands
>>
>>50900261
Humans Can travel to the Dreamlands. Hell a human that travels to the Dreamlands is basically a wizard aren't they?
>>
>>50899917
Shoggoths aren't very bright though.
>>
>>50890595
Is that Kojima having marshmallows with an eldritch horror?
>>
>>50900330
Elder things are very powerful, anon, don't be rude.
>>
>>50891326
If the Elder Things would go to war with mankind, it'd be kind of like beating up your grand-child.

That's just in bad taste.
>>
>>50900330
>Elder Things arrive in Japan
>they all wear shirts that say #FucKonami
>>
>>50900305
obviously Humans can too, just that Ghouls have it as a racial ability, while Humans generally have to learn how to do it, at least if they want to go there at will
>>
>>50891669
ITT: a bunch of shit HP didn't write
>>
>>50900381
No, it'd be more like beating the rats that have taken over your dilapidated house.
>>
>>50891462
Well, there must be at least two holes, input and output.
>>
>>50901381
Input can also be output. A lot of ancient critters are still like that, especially the stuff with radial symmetry.
>>
>>50901528

So you're throatfucking them while you're buttfucking them? Kinky.
>>
>>50901528
>getting blowjobs & anal at the same time
Sweet.
>>
How mad are the Elder Things about the Shoggoth Rebellion, considering that it's what led directly to the collapse of their civilization?

Would the survivors who make contact with humanity be bitter and spiteful enough that they'd pay human mercenaries in tech and mineral wealth to kill shoggoths?
>>
>>50902267
If the Elder Things had the tech and mineral wealth to do it, wouldn't they be better off doing it themselves? That's like paying chimpanzees to fight off a nazi germany tank battalion using tanks you gave them, then being surprised when they don't use the tanks as well as you could've.
>>
>>50897995
>or they got fucked by Eldritch shit and only the colonists remained?
No, in The Dreams in the Witch House the protag visits their home planet and they're still there.
>>
>>50902347
Because humans have a numerical advantage. Elder Things don't have the numbers to have ten of them die killing one shoggoth, but humans do.
>>
>>50902347
It would also be about preserving their own numbers since they still have to try to bring their own numbers back up after the Rebellion, and also because contact with the homeworld was cut off when they lost the ability to travel through space.

Yes, the chimpanzees are absolute shit at fighting the panzers, but at least them dying instead of one of your own. And the chimpanzees still outnumber the panzers; eventually there won't be any panzers left.
>>
>>50902351
Are they cool, or are they assholes?
>>
File: ANNING BLUE SKULL.png (2MB, 3636x1566px) Image search: [Google]
ANNING BLUE SKULL.png
2MB, 3636x1566px
>>50897421
Okay, finally back at home, and able to post more Laundry stuff on ANNING BLUE SKULL and their creations.

Here's the core book's description, with reference to PLUTO KOBOLD, aka the Migo.

(Also, as a side note: The Anning mentioned in their codename is a reference to Mary Anning, the woman who both discovered many of the most important fossils of the Jurassic period, and is commemorated by the rhyme "She sells sea shells by the sea shore."

So I guess she supplements sometimes by selling shoggoth slime.)
>>
>>50892862
Deep Ones are the best allies we could have. Specifically because we're cross-fertile. Given time and /d/'s willingness to sleep with the fishes and we'll assimilate their species and acquire magitech and gills in the bonus.
>>
>>50905294
We'll assimilate them?

They're longer lived, hybrids gradually shift into becoming full deep ones.

If anything, we'd become them!

Which may be intentional, they may have been designed as a method to uplift us into something less terrible
>>
>>50905585
I thought pure deepones lacked lungs just as pure humans lack gills. Only the hybrids were entirely amphibious.
>>
>>50904576

thanks!

If you have stuff about the deep ones please post. I lived laudry take on them.
>>
>>50905585
It would be in their best interests to maintain a substantial pure human population and merely dip into it.
>>
>>50899767
Do you want radioactive Emus?
BECAUSE THAT IS HOW YOU GET RADIOACTIVE EMUS!
>>
File: fish.png (224KB, 598x317px) Image search: [Google]
fish.png
224KB, 598x317px
>>50905294
>>
>>50890595
See, the problem with Elder Things being real is that then Mi-Go and shoggoths and all the other crap is real too.

So basically they tell us about Mi-Go, we kick their weak fungi asses out of here, then Mi-Go swarm the Earth with full might of their weird Old God worshipping darkly magical interstellar Empire and kill us all.

BAD END.
>>
>>50891528

Welcome to Call of Cthulhu?
>>
>>50909828
Didn't the Elder Things already slapped the Mi-Go bitchy ass once?
Sure that's when their own civilization was on it's golden age but I think that with a Human/Elder Thing alliance there is a chance of defeating the Mi-Go.
>you will never play a game about a ragtag group of humans and Elder things during the Mi-Go War
>>
>>50909931
They probably had their shoggoths and all that jazz back then, and it was a long, long time ago. Since then, they've lost their civilization while Mi-Go prospered. At best, it'd be a desperate last stand. Which isn't all that bad, considering the alternatives.
>>
>>50890595
Does this mean magic and Gods are real? Fuck. I've been wrong a long time.

Not sure how everyone else is going to react, but I make a pilgrimage down there to beg forgiveness and convert to the new religion.
>>
File: YmOBmx1[1].jpg (214KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
YmOBmx1[1].jpg
214KB, 760x596px
>>50910170
You may as well worship Sithrak then. Or not, it doesn't really matters.
>>
>>50910223
Pass.

If I can throw a rock, hypothetically, and hit the object of my worship then I'm on board. Otherwise, eh.
>>
>>50910260
>not worshiping an abstract ideal
how utterly plebeian
>>
File: xfAfNAv[1].jpg (99KB, 760x301px) Image search: [Google]
xfAfNAv[1].jpg
99KB, 760x301px
>>50910260
Okay, it's not like it would have stopped Sithrak from raping your soul after you die anyway.
>>
>>50910343
I'm surprisingly ok with this.
>>
>>50890595
Nukes, lots of nukes.
>>
File: 1476719152168.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1476719152168.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>50891620

>America right in the god dammed center

About right.
>>
File: KUHOOK.png (2MB, 2426x1570px) Image search: [Google]
KUHOOK.png
2MB, 2426x1570px
>>50908774
Sorry, wasn't around, but sure.

Although I'll cheat a bit, and give the US' view on these creatures (Which they've termed Kuhook)
>>
File: Asylum Seekers.png (3MB, 2426x1570px) Image search: [Google]
Asylum Seekers.png
3MB, 2426x1570px
>>50911054
And here's one featuring some poor sod coming into contact with uncomprehendable horrors.

The British Asylum Seekers system.
>>
>>50911140
>Asylum Seekers
The Ozzies would gladly take these people as they can actually toss them right back into the sea.
>>
File: antarctica_research_station[1].gif (378KB, 1134x1278px) Image search: [Google]
antarctica_research_station[1].gif
378KB, 1134x1278px
Anyone has those 2 pics of an elder thing showing his wolf fursona to a human?

>>50891620
>claims
>posts research stations
You dun goffed.
>>
File: elder thing fursona.png (135KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
elder thing fursona.png
135KB, 500x463px
>>50912561
Got your back famalam
>>
File: Elder thing wolf.png (97KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
Elder thing wolf.png
97KB, 500x463px
>>50912689
>>
>>50912689
>>50912704
Yeah, that's the stuff. You rock.
Have a mental high-five.
>>
>>50894471
Yeah, and it ganked two of the survivors, but the other three seemingly got away, since the shoggoth started chasing the two explorers instead.
>>
>>50902567
They're probably cool, they just killed the expedition team in Mountains of Madness because they woke up to a bunch of angry dogs trying to rip them apart.
>>
>>50891261
Left-handed degenerate.
>>
>>50909828
Mi-Go don't really care if they're left alone to do their mining. They only targeted the two guys in whatever the story was called (the Thing in the Shadows maybe?) because they were trying to expose them. If the Elder Things tell everyone, it's probably just "fuck off and let us mine."
>>
>>50890595
President Trump will probably ruin relations entierly within a month.
>>
>>50913810
Go shill for hillary elsewhere.
>>
>>50890595
> declare war under the pretext of preventing global warming
> send many men age 18-35 into Antarctica then conveniently forget to supply them
> sue for peace, blaming the dead Millenials and their enviropassion
> repeal every social program since the Great Depression
> spend their twilight years fucking fatherless Millenial women via viagara
> deny them birth control in case they need another idiot army, have tv and tablets raise the kids
> die of nuclear-syphilis because stem cell research was shut down
> gen x asks the elder things to fix the ensuing clusterfuck
>>
>>50913830
I don't even care about her. I just expect him to have no diplomacy skills whatsoever.
>>
>>50914484
If that were true he wouldn't have survived 40 years in the real estate business. Internet memes have corrupted your brain.
>>
>>50914628

>survived

The guy's mafia-backed, and still gone bankrupt over and over.
>>
>>50914628
But he didn't survive in real estate business. He went bankrupt over and over and over.

The only reason why he isn't shovelling shit like normal bankruptees is that he knows a lot of jewish lawyers like the corporate shill he is.
>>
>>50914653
And you're telling me he did all that with zero diplomacy skills?
>>
>>50914731
Yes. Because when you're dealing with lawyers and shit, you don't need diplomacy.

All you need is them to understand that if you don't have any money, you can't hire them anymore.

Trump has zero diplomacy skills, his fucking presidential campaign should have already taught you that.

Trump isn't even a businessman. His dad was a businessman. Trump is basically a cyberpunk version of an aristocrat.
>>
>>50914751
The campaign where he spent less than half as much as his opponent and still won?

Shit, I guess you're right.
>>
Guy, I thought we were discussing lore?
>>
>>50914895
Trump didn't win because he did such a good job. Trump won because Hillary did a horrible job.

It's just like Biden said.
>>
>>50914902

We're discussing lore for a Shadowrun campaign now, I think.
>>
>>50914923

Well, it also helped that she was Hillary. A lot of folks in key states couldn't bring themselves to vote for her, and just stayed home.

Don't blame me, I voted for Cthulhu. Why settle for the lesser of evils?
>>
>>50914923
>Hillary
and Bernie, Rand, Rubio, Cruz, Kaisch and Jeb
Maybe every one of them was an idiot but that still makes Trump the smartest guy in the room.
>>
>>50915106
That's a sad state of affairs.
>>
>>50915106

Don't underestimate the power of "he's an outsider!" among the ignorant chuckleheads. It's an important tactic for any BBEG to exploit.
>>
>>50891528
Because xenophobia is kind of central to the setting.
Still, Elder Bros sound fun.
>>
>>50915302
The outsider was Bernie, he was an independent, trumps more like the invader from Mars in this scenario.
>>
>>50891931
>I've been here too long
>>
File: balrog.jpg (86KB, 820x630px) Image search: [Google]
balrog.jpg
86KB, 820x630px
>>50915663
I got so jaded I actually looped through /d/ back to /h/ over the past year.
>>
File: outreach2_1.jpg (156KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
outreach2_1.jpg
156KB, 760x596px
>>50910223
>>50910343
>>
>>
>>50915717
>balrog girl
I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED!
>>
File: ElderOne_DamagedTorso.jpg (700KB, 1600x1302px) Image search: [Google]
ElderOne_DamagedTorso.jpg
700KB, 1600x1302px
>>50915999
>>50912704
>>50912689
>>50907529
>>50893282
>>50891261
>>50890595
Fun fact!

All these pictures have something in common!

Not enough wings.
>>
>>50914644
The bankruptcy is to get out of loan debt. He gets a loan, gives all the money to a company he made where he hires himself, he goes bankrupt, he has no debt, he pays himself his debt free loan money.

His bankruptcy isn't a failure, it's a debt scam.
>>
>>50914644
>retards still don't understand the difference between a business bankruptcy and a personal bankruptcy
Seriously I don't know why people keep bringing this up when there are plenty of legitimate ways to criticize trump that don't make you look like a moron.
>>
>can fight cthulhu
>can't kill a shoggoth

explain this, elder things
>>
>>50916611
Killing Cthulhu is not an issue. Making sure Cthulhu stays dead is another matter.
>>
>>50916611
They did, once.

But the problem is that once your society's degenerated to such a degree that most of your technology's been replaced by shoggoths...

It's hard to fight back once the shoggoths rebel.
>>
>>50916088
>tfw have a balrog for erp purposes
what's wrong with me
>>
>>50916807
Are you the qt balrog in the f-list tgchat room?
>>
>>50900330
No, that's otacon having marshmallow with an elder thing.
>>
>>50895278
>in one rpg
The Elder Things envisioned by HPL were men, but starfish
>>
File: 6980601737_3fac5e23c8.jpg (55KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
6980601737_3fac5e23c8.jpg
55KB, 480x360px
>>50917502
Quit trying to hook up!
>>
File: 1482812646406.jpg (152KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
1482812646406.jpg
152KB, 864x648px
>>50913208
There you go buddy, wasn't that difficult.
>>
>>50900949
That's literally on the story iirc
>>
>>50917502
[s]yes[/s]
>>
>>50890595
Nukes
>>
>>50920539
... Link?
>>
>>50910383
>You, I like.
>>
>>50915106
Bernie didn't fuck up, he was fucked from the get-go, and Jeb didn't fuck up because Trumps campaign style was basically an out-of-context problem.
Hillary did, in fact, fuck up enormously.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/michigan-hillary-clinton-trump-232547

"I've known the Elder Things since I was a young man, had dinner with them on Easter, and let me tell you, if they need seven thousand young men, and seven thousand young women, every year, well, let me tell you, if this helps us beat ISIS, and brings the jobs back, you know, because we have terrorism here, it's a terrible thing, and people are afraid and they're angry and they're not going to stand for this, so when I tell you the Elder Things are our friends, I don't have to tell you the Elder Things are our friends."
t. Trump
>>
>all this talk about nuking the elder things
While this would probably work, the thing is, that just like us, the elder things are dependent on their technology to do most everything. Without it, for all their biological differences, they are basically tougher, starfish-looking humans.
>>
>>50922190
With, iirc, appendages which can split thin enough to manipulate molecules.
>>
>>50922352
What!? I don't remember this part.
>>
>>50922398
It might not have been in ATMOM tbf.
>>
>>50922446
Which stories besides At The Mountains Of Madness do the Elder Things appear?
>>
File: 1468853593468.jpg (575KB, 1369x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1468853593468.jpg
575KB, 1369x1584px
>>50916320
>>
>>50922478
Dreams at the Witch House, but that was more of a cameo, with the main character teleporting to an Elder Thing homeworld or colony world and causing a panic in a city's downtown because bilateral symmetry is just weird-looking.
>>
>>50922557
I read that one, but I don't remember the Elder Things appearing. But to be fair I don't really remember a lot about Dreams at the Witch House besides baby murder, Nyarlatothep and fucking Brown Jenkins.
>>
>>
>>50921101
https://www.f-list.net/c/tsun-rog/
>>
>>50924466
I'll hit you up tomorrow.
>>
>>50890595
Some people get really angry and violent and likely die. A lot of others sort of sigh and shake their heads. Hopefully those of us in Category B are allowed to survive.
>>
>>50919949
And much better technology.

Psychically transmitted information is just useful. Hence my manual simile. We're just not on the same wavelength.

They're still men, just very advanced men.
>>
File: 99011.c.jpg (36KB, 487x716px) Image search: [Google]
99011.c.jpg
36KB, 487x716px
>>50922591
They're there, and one also appears (sort of) in The Shadow Out of Time.

But the molecular manipulation is a Laundry thing, as mentioned here: >>50904576
It's an elaboration of the subdivision of the limbs, and the assumption of the crinoid-like nature of the arms refers to their feathery appearance, and given that their limbs divide into five arms, then into five tentacles... To steal from Arthur C. Clarke: "And how naive to have imagined that the series ended at this point"
>>
Why are shoggoths mentioned shadows over innsmouth as working for the deep ones? I wasn't aware the other races had tamed them
>>
>>50891707
The few Things we see are effectively just normal: terrified at being woken up by horrible alien monsters and their pets, outraged at the sight of one of their own having been dissected by these monsters,and gruesomely curious as to how these monsters work.

And then they fled through the ruined cities they once called home and got murdered by a rampaging Elder Forklift.
>>
>>50924882
Because the Mythos is inherently contradictory. That's the point.
>>
File: shoggoth.png (739KB, 1327x629px) Image search: [Google]
shoggoth.png
739KB, 1327x629px
>>50891292
>>
>>50916611
>Can fight cthulhu using weaponized shoggoths. This is somewhat counterproductive when the shoggoths go skynet on you.
>>
>>50925433
I am kinda surprised nobody ever did a Elder Thing monster girl.
>>
File: 1454906114072.jpg (138KB, 647x864px) Image search: [Google]
1454906114072.jpg
138KB, 647x864px
>>50926395
Kind of hard to make a qt face out of that.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 600x830px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 600x830px
>>50926395
There is always Saya.
>>
>>50924882
Tamed?
The shoggoths are free now.
They were probably just working together under a mutually agreed upon contract beneficial to both parties.
Shoggoths aren't mindless beasts.
>>
>>50926511

>>50893282 comes close
>>
>>50926726
I think not all of them are mindless beast. But most are.
>>
>>50926900
Based on what?
>>
>>50916611
I don't see the problem.

You have an entire civilization using unstable bioweapons against a SINGLE guy.
>>
>>50926900
Theory:
>Shoggoth are like geth. There are no individuals. The more shoggoth material there is, the more brain-equivalent it contains and the smarter it is. They can bud off smaller and stupider (only around human intelligence) masses of shoggoth flesh for situations where the sessile superintelligences couldn't go.
>>
>>50928050
Mountain of madness Shoggoth rebel against the Elder Things, basically going skynet.
Or the rebelión was something like angry trained elephants.

In other stories the Shoggoth do not show anything of the "intelligence" mention in the Mountains of madness.

We can safely assume not all Shoggoth are intelligent, some are still mindless beasts.
>>
File: elder thing-chan.jpg (157KB, 755x1200px) Image search: [Google]
elder thing-chan.jpg
157KB, 755x1200px
>>50926395
>>
>>50928166
A demigod and his entire race of Star-Spawn is not "a single guy".
>>
>>50931315
He's a big guy but he's still a guy.
>>
>>50931803
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wi0cPrU4U
>>
>>50926511
Japan made a show about them.
>>
File: nobody will notice.png (457KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
nobody will notice.png
457KB, 640x400px
>>50931950
>>
>>50926511
I'd fuck it
>>
>>50894374
This anon is correct.
>>50894359
>>50894397
>>50894496
>>50913037
These anon are idiots.

The whole point is that the shoggoths wiped out the elder things and took over their civilisation. The only surviving elder things were the ones that ones were frozen and the shoggoths kill them all. The narrator sees their corpses before before running into and fleeing from a shoggoth.
>>
>>50932942
There were implied to be other cities deep in the ocean that survived.
>>
>>50933005
Wasn't that potentially lies written by the shoggoths to lure any Elder Things who somehow survived into traps?
>>
>>50891464
>surviving Elder Things need help repopulating
>modify their remaining technology to make humans compatible
>>
>>50914937
>voted for cthulu
GET OUT SB REEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>50933484
>reeee

>not tekeliiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

YOU HAD ONE JOB!
>>
>>50926675
Saya is best. And I'm not just saying that because her spores warped my mind as well as my body, turning me along with the rest of the human race into her own spawn.
>>
>>50914937
>I voted for Cthulhu. Why settle for the lesser of evils?
Then why'd you vote for Cthulhu?
>>
>>50933843

To vote for the greater of evils?
>>
File: Saya.jpg (205KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Saya.jpg
205KB, 1600x1200px
>>50926675
Saya a cute!
>>
File: 1467292646445.jpg (81KB, 600x777px) Image search: [Google]
1467292646445.jpg
81KB, 600x777px
>>50934110
>Implying
>>
File: sanity loss.jpg (583KB, 635x650px) Image search: [Google]
sanity loss.jpg
583KB, 635x650px
>>50934163
>>
>>50924466
>that header images placement
so simple yet so good
>>
>>50934181
I don't get it. It's just the same image twice.
>>
>>50934168

I didn't say greatest. If he wants to run, I'd vote for him. At the moment I'm not sure I understand whether he's running or not.
>>
File: Shoggoth Biology.png (3MB, 2426x1570px) Image search: [Google]
Shoggoth Biology.png
3MB, 2426x1570px
>>50928220
That's an entirely plausible theory.
>>
>>50934168
>>50934282
I for one aprove of Mr. Hastur incentive of the arts and agriculture.
>>
File: Nyarlathotep.png (646KB, 1170x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Nyarlathotep.png
646KB, 1170x1600px
>>50934168
Please you're a nobody.
>>
File: Azathoth.jpg (97KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Azathoth.jpg
97KB, 700x525px
>>50934424
Please, you're an everybody.
>>
>>50934558
>Please, you're an everybody.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYSUyMAAYnU
>>
>>50934352
>Got the Laundry page on GENOA FRACTAL?

Also, where are you getting these pages from in the first place?
>>
>>50895429
>>50904576
>>50911054
>>50911140
>>50934352
>>50934845
>Also, where are you getting these pages from in the first place?

Mythos Dossiers (Laundry RPG) by Gareth Hanrahan

>Does anyone here have a pdf of it to share?
>>
>>50935052
That's cool, kind of a insectoid take on them.
>>
File: Ur-Quan_Kohr-Ah.gif (85KB, 485x213px) Image search: [Google]
Ur-Quan_Kohr-Ah.gif
85KB, 485x213px
This thread reminds me of this show I watched a long, long while ago...

https://youtu.be/-DsgZ4JXXB8?list=PL301FC6482AB0090F
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482957167123.jpg (23KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482957167123.jpg
23KB, 480x800px
>>50894387
>>
File: GENOA FRACTAL.png (642KB, 1213x1570px) Image search: [Google]
GENOA FRACTAL.png
642KB, 1213x1570px
>>50935052
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9p1es4byx87jp6u/The+Laundry+-+The+Mythos+Dossiers.pdf Here it is.

>>50934845
And here's the overview page for GENOA FRACTAL, aka the Laundry RPG's take on flying polyps.
>>
>>50934110
I was making an election joke, Hillary and Trump are both more evil than Cthulhu.
>>
>>50893363
Two migrating birds carried it on a string between em.
>>
>>50934163
Who is Saya?
>>
>>50936966
>Who is Saya?
Character from a hentai visual novel called Saya no Uta (Song of Saya) about a dude who survives a car accident but has brain problems where he sees everything as a world of meat. Except for this one girl who is actually a trans-dimensional meat monster. Rape, murder, cannibalistic, maiming, and mind-breaking ensues. Also the potential doom of the human race.
>>
>>50931950
You can't just post that and not give sauce, you know Google image search is shit by now, you must!
>>
>>50938040
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
>>
File: Elder Thing by Rode-Egel.jpg (246KB, 1020x783px) Image search: [Google]
Elder Thing by Rode-Egel.jpg
246KB, 1020x783px
>>
>>50935723
Do birds migrate to Antartica?
>>
File: Sterna_paradisaea_distr_mig[1].png (27KB, 1301x707px) Image search: [Google]
Sterna_paradisaea_distr_mig[1].png
27KB, 1301x707px
>>50940969
Arctic terns are hardcore as fuck.
>>
>>50941303
Cool.
>>
>>50941303
holy shit
>>
>>50941303
>>50941361
>>50941376
That's what happens when you have evolved lungs and bones that are a few 100 (give or take) million years younger and more advanced than primitive mammals.

You can start doing really fucking absurd feats of endurance.

Another example is birds just happily flying over the top of the Mount Everest while people on Mount Everest drop dead by the dozens even when they have oxygen tanks with them.
>>
>>50941850
awesome, thanks
>>
>>50941850
Thank God that we can invent shit.
>>
>>50937024
>Also the potential doom of the human race.
>Implying Bloom Ending is end and not ascension
>Implying Bloom Ending is not the only acceptable choice
>>
File: tumblr_niuj3o2odC1rmqeivo1_1280.jpg (277KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niuj3o2odC1rmqeivo1_1280.jpg
277KB, 712x712px
>>
File: saya.jpg (607KB, 1320x2064px) Image search: [Google]
saya.jpg
607KB, 1320x2064px
>>50934232
>>
File: PEEK A one page horror comic.jpg (816KB, 850x2011px) Image search: [Google]
PEEK A one page horror comic.jpg
816KB, 850x2011px
>>
File: Pax_Trump.png (3MB, 1940x1458px) Image search: [Google]
Pax_Trump.png
3MB, 1940x1458px
>>50914484
>implying
Peace in our time, my friend.
>>
>>50947703
I'm very well prepared to believe that Putin can play @theDonald and you like fiddle, your don't need to provide further evidence.
>>
>>50944448
>TFW Saya is in a fighting game on Steam
>>
>>50926726
>They were probably just working together under a mutually agreed upon contract beneficial to both parties.

What would that consist of? I can understand the Deep Ones wanting Shoggoth labor but what do the Deep Ones have that Shoggoths could possibly want?
>>
File: Time to Ride.jpg (171KB, 765x466px) Image search: [Google]
Time to Ride.jpg
171KB, 765x466px
>>50900972
>Beating the rats that have taken over your dilapidated house
>Fucking get BODIED you furry piece of shit
>Eat SHIT you cheese-thieving fucker
>*Suplex the third rodent to drive the point home*
>>
>>50935052
>>50935525
Thanks. Got any of the other pdfs? Also, something I read on the tvtropes page on Fair Folk, does anyone know which Laundry RPG document had this?

> The Laundry RPG brings faeries into the universe of cthulhoid "information entities." Like the series' demons, they're made up of information strung together through an electromagnetic field, explaining why iron messes them up so badly; similarly, it's said they appear rarely in modern Britain, given how the nation is wired to the gills. They do take children, however, and changelings are explained away as a class four Glamour placed over a poppet made of twigs and string to make it look like it's a real child. And the kids? They're turned into biological computation matrices in order to sustain a field that will keep the faerie in our world.
>>
>>50949079
>Got any of the other pdfs
Specifically The Laundry Roleplaying Game
>>
>>50949079
Sure, here's what's on /tg/
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sp717jxknnsyd12/the+laundry+rpg+-+core+book.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gp547wkyjf6d645/The_Laundry_-_As_Above_So_Below.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sqs8hu4vjp9chls/The_Laundry_-_Black_Bag_Jobs.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l9xvvppm5kmdkzh/The_Laundry_-_Unconventional_Diplomacy.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/offk8o3031dpm0i/The_Laundry_-_God_Game_Black.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nickpnpidembgf1/The_Laundry_-_License_to_Summon.pdf

The fairies are in the core book. (And are different from the ones in the latest Laundry novel, which are more elves than fair folk)
>>
>>50947703
First of all, the 90's was the Pax Americana.
Second, the Pax is always the highpoint of a society. It's all downhill from here, and you're fooling yourself if you think Trump can keep us on a plateau that we jumped off in 2008 (or really 1999 if you trace the Great Recession back to the ultimate cause).
>>
>>50949380
>(or really 1999 if you trace the Great Recession back to the ultimate cause)
America has been sliding since it took the power during WW1 and 2. Boneheaded decisions, jingoism, a political culture of terrible leadership that's remained unchecked. From Truman to Reagan to Trump.
>>
>>50949648
Yeah but those are general things. If not for the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act and the War on Terror we could probably have kept the gravy train rolling another couple decades, at least.
>>
>>50949176
Oh wait, one I forgot about.

A fan adaptation of the Haunting to the Laundry.
>>
>>50941850
I don't get what you mean by this.
Are you saying that bird lungs are more advanced than mammal lungs?
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.